Sunday, August 03, 2008

Querida Enemiga Friday August 1, '08 Operation “split mueganos” SUCCESS!!!

Hi everybody!, Here is Friday’s recap. I did it from memory because I’m being lazy and didn’t want to see the show again. I hope I didn’t miss anything

After walking around, Lorena finally arrives to Alonso’s house. Tiberio tells her that Alonso has been looking for her and he is right now at Zulema’s house. She calls him and tells him what happened. Later we see them talking in a restaurant. She explains again, but he is doubtful.

Chalo and Sara are together. Sara is very upset because her plan didn’t work exactly as expected. Chalo tells her that he has done everything in his power to separate them, but they stick together like “mueganos”(For those that don't know what are mueganos here is a little info http://www.latradicionaldesalgado.com.mx/html/mueganos1.html. However I liked this picture better. It gives you an idea on how hard is to try to separate them http://turismo.hidalgo.gob.mx/jpg/gastronomia/muegano.jpg ) Sara tells him that she has a plan to separate them for good.

Next morning at the clinic. Bruno comes into Alonso’s office. He asks for a list with the name of his patients. Alonso asks him if he is not going to congratulate him. Bruno tells him that he new that he was going to get the award, but he didn’t vote for him. He leaves the office telling him that he wants the list right away.

Bruno asks Jacky to go with Betina to buy a dress. Jacky tells him that she is very busy preparing her wedding, besides, she says, that girl has a mother. Bruno gets upset and tells her that “that” girl happens to be his daughter, and he wanted them to spent some time together, but he understands and won’t ask again. He leaves and Jacky enters her office.
Betina is chatting with a friend. She is looking for sites where she could find a date for her mother. Her friend tells her that she has the perfect candidate; her father, he is divorced too, and he is very handsome. They decide to “hook” them up. Betina is very happy.

Jacky gives an invitation to her wedding to Hortencia. She takes it and thanks Jacky for inviting her, but her body language is saying that as soon as Jacky turns around that invitation will go to the round file. Jacky then tells her that Sara is not there. Hortencia gets mad at Jacky again and tells her to stick to her work and stop trying to get Sara in trouble. She informs her that Sara asked permission to go make some payments.

Sara is at her school making her monthly payment, when she sees Alonso, she hides and hears when Alonso tells the secretary that he is coming to make the payments for Lorena. One more thing that she could use to separate them. She calls Chalo and tells him to meet her at the clinic.

Sara and Chalo arrive to the clinic. Face one of operation “split mueganos” is on. Chalo enters Alonso’s office and tells him that he got his job back, but he needs a doctor’s note for the days he was unable to work. He then lets slip that he saw Lorena last night. Alonso looking indifferent but sounding really mad jumps at him and tells him to repeat what he just said. At the beginning Chalo denies seeing Lorena, but later he “confesses” that he is Lorena’s boyfriend. He tells her that Lorena has been using him(Alonso) and that they have been an item for a long time. Alonso hits him. Valeria enters right then and stops Alonso. Making the most of Valeria’s intervention Chalo leaves the room. Sara is waiting outside the clinic. She enters as Alonso is coming out trying to chase Chalo. When Alonso tells her what Chalo just told him, she feigns being outraged. She tells him that Lorena is not capable of deceit, and that Chalo is lying. Alonso wants to go talk to Lorena but Alas Lady Luck is on Sara’s side and Alonso is interrupted by a nurse telling him that there is an emergency. Alonso needs to go to surgery and Sara uses this opportunity to tell him that he needs to talk to Chalo and that she’ll go with him. Alonso goes into surgery and Sara goes outside to start face two.

Outside she tells Chalo that he needs to go the pension and wait for Lorena, meanwhile, she calls Lorena and tells her that she just found out that Alonso is very upset at her. Lorena doesn’t understand why. Sara tells her that it is because of Chalo and his web of lies. Lorena is very upset and she wants to talk to Alonso, but Sara convinces her to go talk to Chalo instead.

Diana talks to Vasco and convinces him that he should forgive his father.

Betina and her friend meet at the ice skating place. They plan together how to get their parents to meet, finally the decide just to introduce them and see how things develop. Betina then talks to her mom and her friend introduces them, Both girls encourage their parents to have a good talk. The girls are happy because their parents seem to be kind of compatible.
The girls congratulate themselves and hope that in the future they could become sisters. They are trilled with the idea. Meanwhile Mom and Dad seem to like each other… We’ll see.

At casa pobre, Zulema is concerned because Oscar is not doing her …wishes. She remembers that the way to a man’s heart is his stomach, so she enters the room with a plate of goodies. She asks him how are things going. He is surfing the web, end tells her that he is learning very fast. He thanks her for the food, and when she tries to kiss him on the lips, he makes an strategic move and ends up kissing her on the forehead. She is disappointed again.
Later she is delivering food to Tiberio, he is very happy to see her and comments that her food is delicious. She asks him in behalf of a “friend” about what to do when hubby is not responsive and seems to have lost sexual interest. Tiberio tells her that her “friend” needs to talk to her husband about her needs because otherwise their problems will increase.

Vasco goes to see his father. He tells him that he wants to help him. Jaime asks him to go to the office to pick up some papers. He goes to the office and meets Ickturo. He gives Vasco the papers he needed. When Vasco is about to leave Valeria arrives. Arturo introduces her to Vasco. They exchange pleasantries and Vasco leaves. Valeria is impressed with the job.

Betina and Paula are back at their house Betina asks her if she liked to talk to her friend’s father. Paula says that he is nice, but she doesn’t want to have a relationship right now. Betina then remembers that Tiberio suggested to tell Paula to find a job. She does and Paula realizes that her daughter is worried about her. She is touched and tells her that she would look for a job, but she doesn’t have any marketable skills. Betina tells her that there are some jobs where there is no need for experience or skills. They look at the paper together for a job. Betina is very happy.

Back at the clinic super Alonso, the fastest surgeon on earth is done with an open heart surgery and is ready to go talk to Lorena, but Sara convinces him that is better if he talks to Chalo first.
Meanwhile Lorena arrives at Chalo’s house and confronts him. He gives her a sob story on how he did it because he is jealous and he has been in love with her since they were little. Lorena is hoping mad and slaps him. She tells him that she hates him and wants him to tell Alonso the truth. He says that he’ll do that, but please forgive him. Lorena says she can’t forgive him. She tells him that she is leaving, but she is coming back later with Alonso, and he better tell him the true. She leaves the building, but as she is leaving. Alonso is arriving and sees her.

Zulema is back. She decides to follow Tiberio’s advice and goes to the room to talk to Oscar. Se finds him exactly the same way she left him. He tells her that he took a test online on how to use the internet and he thinks he did great. Zulema asks if he is done because she needs his full attention. He says that he’ll be ready in a minute, he just got an answer from his e-teacher. Zulema waits impatiently.

Alonso is beyond mad. He gets off the car and goes to Chalo’s house, meanwhile Lorena is calling Alonso, when he doesn’t answer, she leaves a message telling him that she knows what Chalo said, and it is a lie. She’ll explain everything after classes. Alonso left his phone in the car and Sara sees Lorena’s missing call. She listens to the message and then erases it (How does she know his pin?)
Alonso bangs at Chalo’s door, Chalo opens the door with a bra in his hand and saying something like “my love you forgot this”... A brand new bra in Lorena’s size $20.00 the look in Alonso’s face…priceless.
And to finish this recap in the words of the great Borat. Operation “split mueganos” SUCCESS!!!

Labels:


Comments:
I don't blame you for not watching this twice Maricruz. I was soooo upset with all the nefarious going on. But hey, I learned a new word..."mueganos".

Thanks for your light-hearted treatment. Eased the pain a little bit. Liked you quip about Hortensia's body language indicating that as soon as Jaqui's back was turned the invitation would go in the "round file". You've certainly got the lingo, querida.

Thanks, as always, not only for filling in for Schoolmarm but for all the cultural gifts and idioms you bring to us. Gracias!
 

Thanks, Maricruz. I enjoyed your little take on things. I am disgusted with Alonslow and his uberjealousy. Not my cup of tea at all, but then, I'm not a naive, starry-eyed, little orphan on my first trip to the big city, either. I'm rootin' right now for some spice between the beefy and buff Chef and Lorena. Maybe some of his brusk, take no prisoners 'tude will rub off on her and she'll tell Alonso to suck it up or stuff it where the sun don't shine........
 

I'm super-impressed that you were able to do this from memory, Maricruz!

Alonslow's PIN is probably "1234."

Actually I don't even need my PIN to check voicemail on my own phone... I think there's a setting that I could change for that, but I've never bothered. However, a doctor who could potentially receive very important phone calls from friends or family in need should be more careful. (Calls from the hospital normally come in on a hospital-issued beeper, I believe.)
 

Thanks for the recap Maricruz. I'm glad you mentioned the pin thing b/c that was the first thing to cross my mind. As Julie mentioned, Alonslow should have more precautions on his phone. And his jealousy has really got to go. I guess I'll be catching the recap for Monday b/c I really can't take watching Sara succeed in all her nefarious plans.
 

Okay, I think the best way to deal with this is not get too upset, just go with the flow. We knew Sara had to split up Lorena and Alonso, so I'm just going to revel in the cleverness of the writers, and not worry about 20 improbable things happening.

One thing I'm not too happy about, though, is how punching people is shown as a good thing, even when done by the "good" characters. We've seen Julian punch Bruno, Omar punch Jaime, Alonso punch Chalo, Lorena slap Chalo (and I'm sure I missed a few). Maybe it's the cultural thing, but I just don't see myself punching any of the bad guys in these instances. Can't our heroes (or the writers) come up with something more creative?
 

This comment has been removed by the author.
 

Hombre: I agree, it would be more interesting to see clever cutting insults and threats and conniving in the men than throwing meaningless punches, although the beating that Julian gave Bruno was great and well deserved.

They need to give Sara an opposite here soon that gives her a run for her money. Everything is falling into place for Sara. Her continual triumphs are beginning to get a bit boring. I don't see any small triumphs here at all from any of the other characters, and it may be in this novela that the villana holds all the cards until the very last couple of weeks of the story.
 

We can't blame the punching and slapping on culture; ladies and gentlemen brawl quite frequently in daytime soaps in the USA too but I don't think we can really say that that's part of our culture either.

Instead, I think it's meant to appeal to us on some visceral level. We don't get to slap one another in real life. Soap characters are allowed this small indulgence as a compromise between what we'd REALLY like to see them do, and what we can actually find acceptable in a sympathetic character.

I remember that time when Gaviota beat the Chantal Andere character nearly senseless in the restroom during a CRT social event. That was quite satisfying after all the months of abuse she had suffered from this woman, but on the other hand, I was taken aback by this show of brutality by a character I was supposed to sympathize with and admire.
 

Thanks for the recap Maricruz, and for the muegano links =)

Julie, ITA, the violence is not reflective of the culture, but of the art form (whether you consider it high art or low brow, TNs are indeed an art form) itself. Rich folks kidnapping their own grandkids and hiding them to protect the family name isn't exactly everyday fare either (Thank goodness for that!) but quite common in TNs. Alas, sometimes they get carried away with the intrigue and the violence. Maybe once Sara gets Alonslow she'll slow down with the intrigue, and maybe Chalo will start giving her grief!

For what it's worth, I've never used a pin to get or erase my messages in my own phone (only if I'm calling from another one to check them, and I think I've only done it once in almost a decade, ok now I feel old...). Looks like Alonslow is a ludite about such things, kind of like me!

Maybe after this, Lore hooks up with Neto and learns how to have a backbone, and he learns how to be a decent human being, thus leaving them both better for their next SOs.
 

Hi guys! Thank you for the nice comments.
Judy B, I can't stand it when somebody lies and everybody believes it, I guess I had to deal with this episode the only way I knew; with humor. I'm a real sissy and really get into the life of the characters. (That's why I don't watch horror movies) I rationalized that I was being lazy and didn't want to watch again, and on writing all the angst I tried to minimize the pain... Oh well.
Something else that I wanted to comment on is that I don’t understand what is the purpose of Oscar’s behavior. It reminds me of a time in my marriage when me and my husband were about to divorce, and it hurts me seeing Zulema craving a little attention from her husband. I would understand if Oscar was a bad guy, but he is supposed to be on the good team… I’m confused.
Anyway, This is my last recap for now, thank you for putting up with me. Until next time
 

Maricruz, thank you for filling in for Schoolmarm. I always enjoy your recaps.

Some time back someone mentioned that perhaps Zulema's husband has a problem with, you know, getting the little soldier to salute. We may get some sort of public service announcement out of this plot line.

Mueganos...cool! Thanks for the pics and translation.
 

Speaking of violence in telenovelas, the show that really shocked me was Amor Real in which the hero [???] pushed his wife out of his office and knocked her to the floor because he thought that the baby she was expexting was her old boyfriend's . He threw her off his hacienda, got roaring drunk, and then took his housekeeper as his mistress. Very disappointing behavior for a ''hero.'' Que the hell ???
 

Good grief!!! Glad I missed that one, Susanlynn. Although a sweet gal I worked with years ago was pushed down the stairs by her husband because he thought the baby was that of her old boyfriend.

And turns out he was right. But she didn't tell me that until much later. She divorced the pusher, married the baby's father, later had another child with him....and as far as I know, is still happily married to second husband.
 

Well, I decided to avoid agravation of watching QE and switched to the recaps. Thank you Maricruz for the recap, now I can follow what is going on.
I still have my DVR on for recording all the episodes and when it will be more cheerful - I will watch it.

Susanlynn, I think that you took this episode out of the contest of the whole Amor Real - it was very integrated into the story. Yes, it was unspeakable to do this, as well as some other things that happened in that story, but it was one of the only few telenovelas ( well, I haven't watched too many, but...) where the "hero" wasn't painted as black or white ( Lorena vs Sara), it was a complete person with everything, more like in a real life. And he was a very noble person. Manuel Fuentes Guerra is one of my favorite personages that was absolutely fabulously played by Fernando Colunga and that actually turned me into his fan.

Judy, when you have a spare time - you have to watch Amor Real, believe me, you will love it!
 

Thanks for the great recap. I'm with everyone else being so aggravated with how easily everyone believes any bad thing they are told or that they see. How come Alonso doesn't assume that Lorena went to Chalo's to straighten him out either? Bah trying to find reason is impossible.
 

Okay Eve...you've convinced me. When I get back from vacation, I'll do it! So many people loved that telenovela there must be a reason (besides Fernando C.)
 

JudyB and Eve^^^Amor Real was one of my favorite novelas. I loved it, and I loved Fernando in it; however, I did not like the way Manuel treated Matilde. He slapped her across the face after the wedding when he found out that she had met her former beau in the garden. In my view, a man should never ever hit or push a woman ....ever...never. JudyB. , you must watch this novela...it is spectacular.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder