Monday, August 25, 2008

Querida Enemiga Monday August 25 - Soy un perdedor - I'm a loser baby, so why don't you kill me

That's a Beck lyric in the title in case any of you think I'm being morbid. I remember when the song 'Loser' came out many years ago and everyone had so many strange theories as to what he was saying when in fact he was just saying "I'm a loser" in Spanish (soy un perdedor). I knew enough Spanish to recognize it right away, I was always amazed at what other people thought he was singing. This will all be relevant later, or if you watched the episode, you already know what I'm talking about.

Hortensia throws Jaime under the bus, saying the kidnapping was all his doing, she only found out later and kept quiet to protect her son. I can't believe they are sitting there listening to her when they should be sending a squad car with lights and sirens running to get her makeup kit. Cripes she looks awful with no makeup. In the waiting room Omar and Zulema and family are suitably scandalized by Hortensia's accusations against Jaime. There are a few scenes but really just people saying "OMG I can't believe she just said that."

Jackie, who to Arturo's surprise isn't super relaxed after the boning he just gave her, is up in arms about customers fleeing left and right after the scandal hit the news. He tries to give her some sexual healing and she caves in pretty quickly.

Barbara wants to give Vasco some papers for Jaime to sign, to give her control of all their accounts I think, Vasco can't believe she doesn't care about any more than that. He manages to do this without acting high and mighty. You know, in general, so much of what Vasco does and says would be irritating on the highest level coming from most people but he gets away with it. Not sure how, but good for him. I guess because he hasn't quite gotten all the way to "dude they make shirts and rope from hemp you know, LEGALIZE IT!" You know what I'm talking about, especially if you went to college. Also, he hasn't resorted to the official hippie Corona logo-ed faux-hemp poncho/pullover thing that all college hemp enthusiasts wear like a uniform. I fully believe that while he is such a nice young man now, he spent half his time in England baked.

The cops parade Hortensia right past Omar and Zulema on the way to her cell, Omar yells at her and she says "sorry it was Jaime, not me, nyah nyah."

Lorena, Rosy, Julian, and Maruja see the scandal on the news. Lorena says it's BS, Sara told her that Hortensia's signature was on the orphanage paperwork. She tells Julian to get that fact to his parents and tell them they need to find that paper. Well DUH.

Zulema pressures Sara to tell the truth, Sara says her beloved corpse of a grandma (ok some of that was me saying) would never betray her, so she will support Hort's story.

Omar continues to be in disbelief about Hortensia. I would think 20+ years of estrangement form your family would allow you to believe certain things, don't you?

Alonso arrives, Sara puts on her pouty face and tells him her sad tale of everyone being so bad and not believing her, etc etc. Somehow this leads to them making out. Somehow Chef Ern (sorry ladies I was going to call him Chef Hawt since that's the name you gave him but I just can't, you understand) happens to be walking by and sees this, now he understands why Lorena was so upset that one day. He also thought bubbles "wow Lorena is so awesome" just in case one person out there is too dumb to realize weeks ago that he likes her.

Dario is at Paula's house, waiting for Bettina I guess. He's off work early, she says he was never early before, or maybe he was off work early but putting the horns on her? He tells her enough already, leave it alone. Ok before I go any further - let me voice my approval for the makeover in progress of Paula - now she gets to look like a sexy woman rather than a harpy. We're halfway there, come on wardrobe people help me out. I still don't like her character though, she is a manipulative bitch even if she looks hotter now. And looks good in tight sweaters. Where was I? Oh - she tells Dario about her new Avon business and with Bettina's help actually gets him to try some manly stuff and he buys a bunch of it.

Ern sees Lorena at school, she says she figured out his secret ingredient and shame on him it isn't Mexican! He admits it, somehow he manages to turn the conversation to them going for a walk. Eventually she tries to feed him a hot dog, he won't eat it so she shoves it in his mouth, of course he loves it. Ha ha ha, oh Chef Ern, you are just like a regular guy after all! OK writers we get it, he likes street food too, he's not so stuck up, let's move on. He tries to pry details of her sad day, now knowing the truth about Alonslow, but she says change the subject, so he ends up telling her that the worst food he ever tasted was some frijoles with no salt that his aunt made. That sounds horrible, my wife said frijoles sin sal are the worst. I can't imagine why someone would make beans that way. I'm the biggest frijolero out there, especially for a gringo, and making them with no salt sounds like a crime. It's true, even my wife's Mexican family can't believe how I could eat some variation of frijoles with every meal if I had my way. When we were at an all- inclusive hotel in Puerto Vallarta last year, I bet I ate five pounds of frijoles by the end of the week. Oh man now I'm getting hungry. Anyway they walk and talk and flirt, etc.

Sara makes Alonso a sandwich, after he takes a bite his face looks like he just ate a turd. He tries to pretend he likes it but Sara knows better and thinks how f***ing Lorena spoiled him with such good food that she can't make. She asks what he's looking at on the internet, he goes on and on about some medical thing that I couldn't follow, though I didn't try. Sounded like a public service announcement for some kind of treatment or something.

Omar, Zulema, and Diana get to their seats at Julian's game show. Backstage Julian is very nervous but Rosy gives him some R-rated kisses to clear his mind and it works. He goes out and Rosy takes her seat. First the host shows some pictures from the vacation to Acapulco, lots of Julian flexing and showing off but no Rosy anywhere. The host asks Rosy why she wasn't in the pictures? She says she was 'indisposed' that day and shoots Julian a dirty look. But, she softens immediately and says it was the best trip of her life. Julian dedicates his performance to his parents. He has to answer five questions to win a million pesos. He gets the first four right, then they bring out the golden envelope. The host reads the question, and Julian thinks and thinks into a commercial...

.... then gives the wrong answer. Before the host can say the right answer, Julian remembers and says it, but the host says too late, sorry. The crowd cheers for Julian but that doesn't replace a million pesos, know what I'm saying?

At home, Lorena and Maruja sit with their mouths hanging open after seeing Julian miss the question.

Chalo is watching at his naco hotel, he laughs and tries to call Sara. Ugh we get to see that his boxers are barely big enough to keep his stuff covered, please put that away Chalo. He is upset that Sara never answers her phone anymore.

Omar, Zulema, and Diana discuss how they are still proud of Julian anyway, Rosy runs out and says Julian ran off, nobody knows where. We see Julian walking the streets, saying what a loser he is, wallowing in self-pity.

Bettina gets in trouble for chatting online before her homework is done, Paula reverts to harpy mode to take away the cable modem. Bettina just gets on the phone then instead and tells her friend that Ivan invited her to the movies, she'll say she's going with the friend instead so she can get permission to go! What a bad girl she's turning into. Paula returns and yells at her for now being on the phone.

Jackie comes home to find Dario home asleep, with some Avon products on the nightstand. She complains that he had money to buy that stuff.

Arturo tells his mom that he's running the company now, horrible mom rats that Valeria is out with those friends again, Art says whatever that's fine. Not making her stay home is the only decent thing he has ever done. I know he's doing it to be selfish anyway, but at least she gets to go have a life.

Valeria, looking nice with her hair down (though the 1985 bangs can go) wins at cards again, the ladies talk her into coming to the restaurant opening as a guest.

Rosy cries (4 on the FUCS (wow that acronym made me do a parentheses inside a parentheses, we need something else to call the Ferro Ugly Crying Scale) because she is crying for a very good reason, but still a little messy and ugly) about Julian being missing. Maruja and Lorena try to comfort her.

Omar calls some missing persons service (another public service announcement) to report Julian. He explains how it works to fulfill the public service obligation. Speaking of PSAs and product placements, nothing will ever top the scene from La Fea where Boobie Blonde (can't remember her name now!) tells Marcia about her horrible diarrhea and Marcia gives her Pepto-Bismol. Two sexy ladies discussing mudbutt, I just can't get over it. Don't you think Jose Jose as RoboPapa would have been a more likely character for having bathroom problems?

At the mansion, Vasco yells at Sara for going along with Hort's story. Sara says she's with grandma 100%, it was Jaime all along, and she's not leaving the house either.

Chef Ern listens to lots of phone messages from hotties who want to see him. The maid points out that since he met Lorena, he hasn't gone out with anyone, there used to be wall to wall hoochies and now nothing. She thinks she has said too much and runs out before his temper erupts as usual. Instead, for the one really dense person who didn't get the point earlier, he comments to himself again that Lorena is so dreamy.

The next day, Rosy is still crying, but not in any ugly manner. A 1 on the scale.

Omar and Zulema worry about Julian, they stupidly hope that Sara tells the truth about Hortensia. They hear Diana yelling at Julian in the other room, he's back! A few minutes of everyone saying they are proud of him but him calling him self un perdedor. He was so hopeful, that money was going to pay all the debts and the lawyer. Everybody cries.

Omar calls Rosy to tell her Julian has returned and is heading over after he takes a shower. Lorena can finally go peddle her goodies on the street (ok I admit I did it on purpose that time, heh). Maruja tells Rosy to do everything she can to cheer up Julian, I'm not sure but it sounded like she was encouraging some hanky panky to lift the boy's spirits. Did I understand that right? Maybe not.

At the jail, Vasco tells Jaime, who now sports some cool 3 day beard growth, that he believes his side of the story and is proud of how he's standing up and taking responsibility. Jaime says the truth will come out sooner or later.

Also at the jail, Art tells Hort that clients are fleeing and she gets crazy about it, but he says he has it under control. He basically swears fealty to her.

At work, Jackie tells Sara how awesome Art is and how he's doing so great running the company. Sara isn't pleased to hear that at all.

Rosy greets Julian very warmly and says lots of nice things, then he says he's breaking up with her because he's a loser and doesn't deserve her and doesn't want her to suffer from his bad luck. That was the end of the show, but honestly I can't see them being broken up for long. Like maybe not even out of the opening scenes of tomorrow's episode. I just don't see it, but I could be wrong.

Tomorrow - Ern uses the sly excuse of "oh Alonso's right there, hug me so he will be jealous" to give Lorena a full on hip to hip hug out in public. Whatever, Chef Ern, I know your game. Well played.

Labels:


Comments:
I never did get to see the Pepto ad in LFMB, but I was pretty impressed with the cheese ad in Destilando. I know it sounds harmless, but they had the con man do the ad. His delivery was EXTRA cheesy.

I love frijoles. I'll put onion salt on them if nothing else is available. No salt sounds terrible - but maybe some lemon juice would help? (Preferably in a really strong mixed drink on the side?)

Ah. Cheese, beans, and excessive alcohol. Now we're right back to the Pepto.
 

Always love your recaps, Ferro. It IS nice to see Paula looking better, and I've been afraid we were going to be subjected to a product placement ad with her beauty products gig but so far, we've escaped.

I too thought Maruja seemed to be saying, Hey, cheer up Julian any way you can!" but who knows?

And Alonso was researching gastric bypass surgery for, as he explained to Sara, those people who even with diet and exercise, cannot lose weight. At least that's what I understood. I wasn't using closed captions last night. Eve of Cleveland suggested wireless headphones and now that I've got them, I understand the Spanish so much better! If I ever have to recap again with closed captions (that happened to me once in Juan) I won't panic!

Loved your... okay Chef Ern, "I know your game" comment. Ah the male perspective. Always good.
 

Interesting point of Alonso's on weight reduction surgery. I've read that Mexico is poised to take the title of "World's Fattest Nation" away from the U.S. in the next few years. Google "Mexico Obesity" and you'll see a variety of sources.

Que pena.
 

Ha ha! Great recap Chris, and what an amazingly perfect title.

I, too, missed the famous La Fea Pepto PSA but I do recall the discussion afterward. Amazing. Mike, that's a very interesting fact about Mexican obesity, I had no idea. According to the article I just read (googled like you suggested) soft drinks as a replacement to lack of good drinking water can be one of the culprits. Such a shame that in both the US and Mexico adult diabetes is now a problem for the young. I try hard to purchase food items that don't contain high fructose corn syrup and it's really hard because the stuff is in everything. Maybe we should all follow Ferro's and Julie's lead and stick to frijoles!

Good job Chef Hawt for using Alonslow's ridiculous jealous streak against him. It's fun to torture people like Al who behave so predictably.

Thanks Chris, excellent and funny recap!
 

Speaking of Alonso - I forgot to expand on this in the recap - his finest acting job to date was when he was eating the turd sandwich and pretending that he didn't want to puke. Then - when the scene ends, he takes another bite and tries desperately to look casual and fails. He nailed it perfectly, every nuance. I couldn't believe it, but he acted that scene with perfection.
 

Good point about Alonso. As a rule, all his dialogue scenes feature him looking over the shoulder of the other party to see the cue card.

Maybe his acting coach (would you want that job?) was on the set for this scene.
 

Thanks Ferro, great and funny recap!
And the title says it all!

I don't know how anybody could expect Snorty to do anything different - she proved a long time a go that she will stop at nothing for reaching her goals and in this case - get a get-out-of-jail ticket. Especially with such a convinience as admittance of the guilt by her little sonny.

Interesting that Icky really has some business skills, in addition to some others that are in a great demand among redheads.

Dario is getting ready for Paula - and she feels it! The "facial" scene shows that the old chemistry is started to blow again. Few more "facials" - and they will be back together! Especially with Jackie doing Icky ( I love those two names together!).

Our back-to-earth HAWT chef ( sorry Ferro - he is!) - also is practically in love with our sweet Lore - the scene in the park was completely as they were already novios - giggling, feeding hotdogs, jumping with joy - hey, get a room! And show us a good hot kissing for a change!

I don't even want to comment on Julian loser's attitude - I hope Rosy will find a right remedy to heal him.

And as Judy mentioned the wireless headphones - they are great, I'm using them all the time!
Here what I'm talking about from Amazon:
Sennheiser RS120 926 MHz Wireless RF Headphones
 

Jaqui really is something. She apparently used her sexiness to win Dario, but now that they're married, they have nothing else in common. And now she immediately has an affair with Arturo. I foresee some kind of weird end for her, like screaming in an insane asylum!

Of course, Barbara might have to join her, because if she divorces Jaime (this is necessary for the Maruja-Jaime connection), she's also going to be without friends or allies (although if she stops being so shallow, maybe Vasco will help her).

Actually, I'd like to see Jacqui, Barbara and Sara drifting away on a little lifeboat, with only enough food for one!
 

Eating beans is good for you, yes, or at least not terribly bad. The bad thing is that I like them best with meat and cheese, which is not especially good for you if you also hate vegetables.

I'm sorry I somehow missed out on the turd sandwich scene, because I would have enjoyed it a lot. However, I did see where Jaqui was all "oh Arturo is soooooooo smart, we're soooooo lucky to have him running the company" to Sara. That was pretty good too. Her tone was so obviously gooey, but I couldn't tell if Sara picked up on that or not. I think she was too busy scheming.
 

I wish I knew where/how to find a clip of Alonso eating that sandwich, I'm not exaggerating when I say it was his finest acting job since the show began.
On that topic, I laughed out loud when he was walking up to Sara after she left the jail, he had this horrible constipated look on his face, just from walking down the street.
 

By the way, after the sandwich sceene I was thinking, that even though Sara is studying management in a food industry, she has to take some cooking classes as well - remember a nice expensive set of knives? Well, to make a sandwich you don't have to go to cooking school! How she could make it so horrible that even Alonslow's performing skills became much better?! Was it a real junk that he ate?
Yes!!! That's what made him act! Actually - no, he probably didn't act, just showed his real feelings! The turd-sandwich was real!!!
 

Darn, I must've looked away during the turd sandwich. I hope Tivo keeps it for me until I get home tonight! GS actually acting...what a momentous occasion. Or maybe not as Eve suggests.

By the way Eve, thanks for the link on the headphones. I might have to pick those up, anything to help with the translation.
 

Do we have an episode number? Maybe we can find it on youtube.
 

I saw the award winning sandwich scene, and I'm not certain what was in that sandwich, but it was on white Wonder bread . What kind of wine should Sara have served Dr. Duh with that particular kind of sandwich ?????~~~Susanlynn, who has suddenly lost her taste for sandwiches
 

Susanlynn, how about some Ripple, Thunderbird or Annie Green Springs?
 

Ahoy, Cap'n^^^That sounds right. I see that you know your fine wines....which is always a sign of good taste. By the way, did anyone notice that the one chef working for Chef Boy-R-U-Hot is the gay guy from Amar sin Limites ?????
 

Ferro, thanks for this super recap! You got me at “Soy un perdedor!” Crack me up!

“I can't believe they are sitting there listening to her when they should be sending a squad car with lights and sirens running to get her makeup kit.” ROTFLLLL! That’s one of the finest classic recap lines of all time.

“Also, he hasn't resorted to the official hippie Corona logo-ed faux-hemp poncho/pullover thing that all college hemp enthusiasts wear like a uniform.” LOL!

“Somehow Chef Ern (sorry ladies I was going to call him Chef Hawt since that's the name you gave him but I just can't, you understand.)” No, I really need an explanation, Ferro.

“OK writers we get it, he likes street food too, he's not so stuck up, let's move on.” Just think—now he’s eaten hot dogs from a street vendor and panqués from a street vendor. (I’m feeling a mite puckish today). What will his restaurant come to?

“the worst food he ever tasted was some frijoles with no salt that his aunt made. That sounds horrible, my wife said frijoles sin sal are the worst. I can't imagine why someone would make beans that way.” LOL! In our house, we make them will very little sal because of hubby’s congestive heart failure. We make it up with plenty of red pepper or whatever. For me, however, there is a salt shaker on standby. I don’t use what most folks use, but I use more than he’s allowed.

“please put that away Chalo.” ROTFLLL!!!

“Jackie comes home to find Dario home asleep, with some Avon products on the nightstand. She complains that he had money to buy that stuff.” Just WAIT until she finds out who he bought it from.

“Rosy cries (4 on the FUCS (wow that acronym made me do a parentheses inside a parentheses, we need something else to call the Ferro Ugly Crying Scale)” ROTFLMOO!!!! (That first O is for Okole). Wow, you got me on that one, Ferro.

“his finest acting job to date was when he was eating the turd sandwich and pretending that he didn't want to puke.” LOL! I second that motion—the first real acting he’s done.

Ferro, to find an episode of Querida Enemiga, go to Google and type in a search for “QE 45.1 youtube” and up will come last night’s (Monday August 25) episode. 45.1-45.5 should be all of them. I use YouTube episodes ahead of time to view what I’m supposed to recap and lay out a framework. Friday was 44.1-44.5. The sandwich is probably in 44.4 or 44.5 and each one is about 8 minutes long most of the time.

Jeanne
 

Oops, make that QE 45.4 or 45.5

Jeanne
 

Thanks, Jeanne! I found it at the beginning of 45.3. I like how she announces "I made it" as she hands him the sandwich, as if there were some other explanation for how it came to be.

Maybe the sandwich was made out of bread from the bakery in FELS. That would explain a lot. I don't think that stuff retains its magical powers once it leaves its time slot.

The look on his face says "I wish someone would staple MY stomach right now."
 

Ha Julie you deserved a drum crash after each of those three lines you just delivered. It sounded (and I laughed) like it was a standup comedy set.
 

You're welcome, Julie, and ditto what Ferro said! What a hoot!

Jeanne
 

Ferro, the La Fea gal you probably mean is Alicia Ferreira.

Jeanne
 

I was laughing all the way through this recap - thank you for it.

I wish Ernesto were the hero of this show. He is just so much more attractive and likeable than Alonso, even with his neat-freakness.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder