Monday, September 22, 2008

Cuidado con el Angel - Sept. 22 - we're dancing at the laundromat

Episode 1:
* Marichuy peddles her bicycle through the streets of Centro Historico and the Zocalo, Mexico City.

* At her barrio stairs, Marichuy (Chuy) tells the kids the story of "Little Red Riding Hood" (with accompanying computer animation) on the stairs. Grandma comes down and tells the children to get to school. Children leave reluctantly. Grandma and Chuy talk before Chuy leaves.

* Candelaria (Cande) is working on the piles of laundry in her home as she listens to her radio. Chuy brings in a sack of tamales. Cande hands Chuy her next laundry delivery with instructions of where to deliver it. Cande blesses Chuy before she leaves. Cande does her little ironing dance (plancha - iron).

* Outside the barrio, Chuy has a conversation with a lady in a balcony. Chuy walks away. Chuy sneaks over to a garden of roses in pots. She looks around and picks some roses. Casilda sees her and chases after Chuy, through the barrio plaza.

* Chuy runs along the street and into the church. She kneels at the altar, prays and leaves the roses on the table. Chuy leaves to make her delivery. Padre walks over to the table and finds the roses; wonders who left them.

* Outside the church, Casilda runs up to Padre and complains about Chuy stealing her roses again. Padre realizes Chuy was the one who left the roses inside, and tries to defend her to Casilda. Casilda is furious and wants Chuy to be punished for stealing her roses.

* Vicente is in his studio, sketching a portrait of Angel Chuy - Chuy is getting stiff, holding her position for so long.

* Juan Miguel (JM) and his wife Viviana are arguing in the car.

* Vicente continues to sketch Chuy's angel portrait.

* JM parks the car - argument stops as Viviana climbs out of the car.

* Adrian stops by the laundry/home and talks with Cande - he's worried about Chuy.

* Four friends stop by Vicente's studio, interrumpting the sketch session with Chuy.

* Adrian and Cande discuss Adrian's worries - Cande tries to assure him that Chuy is fine and not to worry.

* Chuy excuses herself from the studio - she has to get back to work. Before she leaves, Vicente reminds her of a party he's holding at the studio. After Chuy leaves, one girl makes a remark about Chuy to Vicente.

* Back on the road in the car, Viviana and JM continue their argument.

* Chuy arrives at a mansion with the laundry delivery. The lady answers the door and Chuy waits for her to return with the payment.

* Outside the mansion, JM parks the car as Viviana jumps out and storms towards the house. The two start to argue at the door and into the entry hall. Chuy spies on their argument from the doorway. JM storms off. Viviana looks over and spots Chuy fleeing from the door. Viviana follows her to the living room and pulls Chuy back to the entry hall. Chuy has to explain that she's waiting for payment for the laundry delivery. Viviana pulls out some pesos from her purse and Chuy leaves.

* JM meets his best buddy Eduardo in the local cafe plaza. JM grumbles to Eduardo about his frustration over Viviana's constant jealousy and arguments over his profession, friends, everything. Eduardo listens.

* Chuy returns home and talks with Cande about the mansion and the couple that were arguing. Chuy is enchanted by the mansion and the life of the rich. Chuy smiles as she tells Cande about the party she will be attending tonight.

* JM and Eduardo continue to talk - JM is torn about a secret from his past.

* Chuy talks with Cande about a secret from her past.

* Onelia (the grouch) scolds and insults Mayita in the mansion living room. Mayita talks back to Onelia in defense of her mom and dad. Viviana enters; Onelia grumbles about Mayita's attitude to her; JM enters and gives his daughter a hug.

* Amador and Vicente meet before the party - they discuss how the sketching session went with Chuy earlier. Amador is obsessed and wants Chuy for himself.

* Chuy cries to herself at home - about how unlucky she is with her life.

* Cecilia and Patricio are with friends at their anniversary party. Viviana, JM and Eduardo walk out to the patio - they look over at Cecilia and Patricio talking with friends - Viviana tells JM and Eduardo about the juicy gossip she's discovered about Cecilia and Patricio's long relationship, forced separation and their long-awaited reunion and marriage. JM sees Cecilia and Patricio are moving over to them and tells Viviana to hush up. The couple join the threesome. Viviana, JM and Eduardo congratulate Cecilia and Patricio on their wedding anniversary. Viviana bluntly asks if they had any children?

* Vicente and Amador are in the midst of their party at the studio. Amador is anxious; Chuy hasn't arrived yet. Vicente tells him to be gentle; Chuy is distinct. At that moment, Chuy enters. Amador greets her - Chuy doesn't really pay attention to him and looks around the room at the other guests.

* JM, Viviana and Eduardo continue talking with Cecilia and Patricio. JM and Patricio leave to talk inside in private.

* The party at the studio continues - Chuy sits on the side with Amador. Amador offers to get her something to drink; she declines and continues to look at the other guests. He continues to look longingly at her.

* In the office, JM and Patricio talk about JM's idea for them to work together on a project for children. Patricio loves the idea and agrees to work on it.

* Party at the studio continues. Amador and Chuy are alone in another room.

* JM returns outside and tells Eduardo about his meeting inside with Patricio.

* Alone in the second room, Amador attacks Chuy - Chuy slaps back and runs out. Vicente attempts to run after her. The other guests watch and laugh.

* Chuy walks alone through the cobblestone streets at night.

* Chuy cries as she returns home. She sees Cande asleep at the table and turns off the radio. Chuy climbs up to her loft sleeping quarters. She cries to the angels.

* JM and Viviana return home. Viviana is in the mood for l-o-v-e. JM isn't in the mood; and excuses himself to the office. Viviana acts understanding and goes upstairs alone.

* In the bedroom, Viviana has a little temper tantrum; she thinks he has another woman, that's why he won't sleep with her.

* Nightmare flashback -- Chuy is running in a swamp forest; she runs into a strange man who scares her; she escapes from him and runs away; she's caught in a downpour trying to run away from the strange man.

Chuy starts to scream in her sleep from the nightmare. Cande wakes up and runs over to the stairs and calls up to Chuy - Chuy wakes up with her screams and tells Cande about her nightmare. It was horrible. Chuy comes downstairs and gives Cande several details about the strange scary man in her nightmare. Cande is consoling and talks with Chuy about the nightmare.

* JM cries as he sits by himself on the floor of the office. Mayita runs in and gives him a hug.

* Cande sits with Chuy and calms her down. Cande gives her advice on life and not to think too much about the nightmare. Chuy is still scared.

* JM and Mayita sit together in the office. She tells him what happened today with her grandmother and mother. Mayita asks him why he's sad and crying. He explains it has to do with a girl he once knew but couldn't be friends with her. They talk and hug.

* Next day, JM is in the bathroom shaving and answering his cell phone. Eduardo is on the other end, near his car on the street. They agree to meet later at the office.

* Chuy is on her bicycle going through the streets of the city.

* Chuy is home again, serving Cande breakfast and tortillas. Cande asks her about her morning - Chuy will visit Padre at church. Cande tells her about all the piles of laundry she has to clean at the house.

* Chuy walks to the mansion front door. When she gets to the door, JM is leaving. She's stunned. He asks what she wants.

Labels:


Comments:
first time back doing recaps since Pasion ended in April. I'm a little rusty so I hope I at least included the highlights.

see ya' round the laundromat.

Jody :)
 

Thanks for the recap, Jody. I thought the FELS product placement in that early scene where Cande was folding laundry was a hoot. She shook her bom boms but not quite like FELS's Rosario. :-0

doris
 

Thanks for the recap. JM and viviana were fighting about the fact that he works all the time as a psychoanalyst and teacher and never has time for her or their social life, which is why he finally gave in and went to the party with her. I got the feeling she was angry and rejected when he told her he wanted to read and didn't go up to bed with her. I also had the feeling that he was more impactada when he came face to face with Marichuy at the end than she was.

I wasn't going to watch this, but I enjoyed the first show because I loved all the DF location shots and felt the barrio scenes were realistic. Time will tell...NJ Sue
 

Im rewatching this episode after reading the recap! I missed it because of Heroes!
Not much that already didnt know about this episode.
I first saw it online,
I couldnt figure out the job Marichuy had to do but I guess I didnt notice the laundry right there in front of me! one things for sure i didnt take notice but in a few jobs she does. i wont say what are you just gotta see cause im way ahead and well im not all that clear in understanding!
Oh whiney Bibana ..I now get why she screams! she has a catchy theme tune to when she apears!
great recap!
 

Thank you Jody! You got all those names straight!

I was amazed that I liked this first episode so much. Boy, they sure have some production values going. Aerial shots, great sets, lots of extras. Somebody put a lot of $$ or I guess I should say pesos into this show.

I liked the fast pacing, the performers looked capable, and it looks like we’re off to a good start!
 

Yes, Jody, thanks for giving us the lowdown. :)

Doris--I too cracked up when suddenly, from Cande's radio, Vicente Fernandez started belting out, "Olvidemos el pasad--" LOLOL Hilarious.

Thanks NJ Sue--I was wondering what JM and Viv were arguing about in the car. She talks 90 miles an hour and I just couldn't follow her or the captions. (Everyone on this show talks fast, by the way.) I swear Viv sounded like someone typing away as fast as they could on one of those old Smith-Corona electric typewriters. Poor JM. What a headache, listening to that.

When I saw that Bluetooth headset in JM's ear, I rejoiced! Real communication. Back to the modern world. Hooray! A nice big metropolitan city. Beautiful views and old architecture, believable neighborhoods, realistic people (so far). Nicely done. Chuy is a bit hyper and bouncing off the walls, but I can understand why, and she's interesting.

Of course, we have to have a mean crow who has no problem taking her frustration out on a little kid.

I too liked this episode more than I thought I would. The jury's still out, but things look promising...
 

JM is hawt, his wife a shrew, awesome moat, I guess in case the native dark haired people rise up.

Marichuy is really pretty. The blonde playing the wife, she is a shrew in every role or sadly BSC.

Don't want to spoil it for anyone...but I'm going out on a limb here and I'm going to say JM & MarieChubaca end up together at the end.
 

I thought it was good so far too. At least I was able to follow the story, unlike some intros where you don't know what's going on.

I'm going to post a Cristina discussion.
 

Thanks for the recap. I reluctantly watched this last night, but, I, too, kinda liked the story. Yes, all these people, except Candi and the woman who lost her roses were difficult to understand.

Anyway, I could have lived without the Bluetooth in JM's ear. Maybe that was just another device to show the world that he tunes Viviana out. But, then, who would want to hear from her.

So, we now know that Mari and JM have secrets and chemistry. That's a lot for the first round.
 

Thank you for the recap. I was only able to see bits and pieces of the first episode, so your recap helped a lot! I don't know if I'll be able to check this novela out for the long run, but what I saw so far, I liked. Rusty or not, I thought you did a great job! Thank you again!
Lisa from Alpena
 

This novela truly has a "gran elenco" as we seem to have refugees from Rebelde, Pasion, Peregrina, you name it. Every big novela of the past couple of years.

I realize that most people noticed the FELs music on the radio, but didn't something else happen with the radio, like there was some announcement on it and Cande switches the station? I am going to have to see that again.

Also--what is the deal with JM's daughter. Is Viviana her mother or step mother? I got interrupted when they were having their father-daughter chat.
 

I was impressed with this first episode. The aerial shots are highly impressive. I always love when novelas take scenes on location so that we get to enjoy all the Mexico City settings.

The characters were enjoyable. I too had a hard time listening to JM's wife. She does talk really fast. During that whole scene at the party were she was gossiping about the older couple I had a hard time understanding what she was talking about. Thank goodness for the recap.

Margaret - Viviana is the little girl's mother. Although it wouldn't seem like it from her attitude.
 

Thanks for the recap. I'm not sure if I have time for this novela, but the first episode looked good. I've been watching Rebelde, Season 3 on DVD, which stars the pop group RBD. The three girls in RBD are Ahahi, Dulce Maria and Mayte, and if you ask me, Mayte is the one with the least personality. But she's Marichuy, and has TONS of personality in this show.

I love the fact that we see some of the same actors in new roles. In Rebelde, they have (besides Marichuy) Ninel Conde (Rosario from FELS) as the mother of one of the girls in RBD, Don Jorge from Pasion as the father of another girl, Allisson Lozz from Guapos as a younger kid, Maruja from Querida Enemiga as someone's mother (as usual), Chalo from Querida Enemiga playing a similar role.

And now in this one, we're going to see Rene Strickler from LFMB with long hair, Sofia from Destilando Amor in a different role, and of course the main character was Vasco in Pasion. Of course, HIS hair is a bit shorter!
 

Thanks for the recap, Jody.

So far, I enjoyed the show. I wasn't really interested in watching this new series after Al diablo.

Some of thegood things that are going for this show is the shots of beautiful views, old architectures, numerous contrasting neighborhoods, great aerial shots, and it's fast pacing. Besides this, the actors did a good job so far.

The characters were believable as well. Starting with the first episode, it set up the interaction and defined the relationship between the characters.

So far, I like Marichuy the character. I thought she was believable as the orphanage girl that lived on the street for awhile and had experiences hardship. Her storyline about the attack on her and resulting in nightmares and flashbacks. Her character is someone that you want to root for.

One question: I see Marichuy not wearing shoes when she is riding her bike only when she delivers the shirts. Is she against wearing shoes or she can't afford them?

I will see this series for a while to check it out to see if it is worth it.
 

I only saw part of the episode, but it looks like this could turn out to be good! It seems like a high quality production, the scenery is beautiful, and the acting looks competent. I don't know about all this fast talking, though. How am I going to recap? I couldn't seem to get the captions working last night but I'm hopeful I can get that solved.

I kind of get the feeling that maybe, possibly, we are supposed to see Viviana as a b(ombastic w)itch. Maybe if there had been one or two more scenes of her shrieking like a shrew I could have been sure. Can't imagine why her husband wouldn't want to be around her. The daddy-daughter scene was rather sweet, though. The little actress seemed genuine and not overly precocious.
 

Hombre de Misterio, Rene Strickler was in Amar and Destilando, but not in LFMB. This time he has long hair and a mustache; in the past he was more clean cut.

I too wondered about the lack of shoes. At one point she put on flip flops. It can't be too safe to run around Mexico City barefoot.

Aren't JM and his wife worried about kidnappers? They're riding around in a fancy car with the top down. (Of course I know that in fact they would never have kidnapping as a plot in these stories.)
 

I hadn't intended to watch this one, but couldn't resist taking a peek. I'm pleasantly surprised, it has aroused some interest in me.

As everyone has commented, the scenery is great. Watching telenovelas set in the DF inspired the vacation my husband and I took there in January. The city has amazing architecture and history and seeing these great shots just reminded how much I loved our trip.

Margaret, what I understood is that the FELS music came on the radio because the episode of FELS she was listening to on the radio was over and she sighed and turned it off.

I took the shoeless thing as just something to show how simple and down to earth Marichuy is.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who was challenged by the fast talking. Sometimes I start to doubt my progress when entire outbursts go by and I barely catch a word!

The bits and pieces of music mixed together were a little strange I thought, kind of like a sampling of the top 40.

Marichuy is attractive and interesting, as is Juan Miguel. I might just have to stay tuned! I think I know Marichuy's secret, but I want to know JM's.
 

rhonda from st. louis - that's what I heard re: the FELS also. We heard the Rosario BomBom them while Cande was shaking hers, then we heard the Reyes Bros. theme music, Sofi saying "Para Siempre" (ack!) and then Vicente Fernandez breaking into song. Then it was over and Cande turned it off.

Which leaves me to wonder if the Telerisa telenovelas really are broadcast over the radio down in Mexico, as well as on TV? Would anyone here know?

doris
 

... a b(ombastic w)itch

good one, Julia!

It would be very rough to do this show without captions. I think the lead gal talks super fast!
 

Great job Jody! Thanks so much for taking this one ;)

Did anyone else see the roses change color between Casilda's place and the church? Maybe I just saw wrong 'cause I accidentally taped over this before I saw it and had to watch on YouTube.

I have met a number of people that like walking around barefoot, even in the forest with all the twigs and pebbles. One friend commented she had the "girl gene" for shoe shopping, but didn't actually like wearing them because she preferred going barefoot. I think it's incredibly unsafe (especially when you don't know if people have broken bottles, etc.), but I guess we all have our quirks.

I have a theory (this is strickly a theory as I have NOT seen any future episodes) - We know Marichuy was almost (and perhaps successfully, the flashback was a little unclear) raped. I suspect JM was her attacker. I'm not saying he's a total RatBastard (and I might have the wrong guy altogether), but I think that's what he's trying to make amends for. Perhaps he accidentally grabbed the psychotropic samples instead of some aspirin and there you have it. Either way, he can't make amends to someone he doesn't know (and it's doubtful either of them remembers the face), so that's why he's making them everywhere else. There was a similar plotline in a TN called "Frijolito" (currently re-airing on Telemundo) in which the hero inadvertently raped the heroine when she was 15. How does one rape by accident? His wingman slipped her a date rape drug and he thought the sex was consensual. The fact that he can't remember her face makes me think he was also drugged (or at least quite drunk) which is why he didn't realize the condition the girl was in. Anywhoo, that's my theory, we'll know soon enough. Either way, I think I'll be watching this one for a while ;)
 

Yeah, Margarita... it seemed Chuy was crying to Cande about a "faceless man in the dark" hurting her.

William Levy (JM) looked great in that towel, and with the short hair. The camera loves his face. Let's see if he can pull this role off successfully...
 

thanks everyone for all the comments. thank you doris with the info on what was on the radio - thought I recognized the voices but couldn't tell what it was exactly.

thanks nj sue for the info about the argument between Viv and JM in the car.

thanks maggie -- i'm happy to know I got the names right.

Jody :)
 

Hombre de Misterio, I was wondering because I love Rebelde. The DVD that you are watching is it full Episodes or not? and where did you get it?

Thanks
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder