Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Guapos 09-02-08 "Consti the Sinner, Repents at least for Now"

Before we get started, does it not seem that the next one…the angel thing is same story different people, spunky dark haired poor girl, heart of gold, trade a soccer ball for a bike, rich good looking blonde boy? Also Helen Rojo is in this and she takes babies to the Catholic Church more often than I take out my garbage.


We get to see the crash, the smash, the glass…say how did she avoid any cuts? Jest asking.
Now we get a rehash of the beach scene, cause it cost less to do rehash, than actually come up with new dialogue.

Consti is in the cafeteria with Val, he tells Val that indeed Mili is her sister. He says that she already knew that Consti got a servant pregnant and well Mili is the result. Val is horrified, “And you let her work as a servant?” “Well, I didn’t know the truth for a while and then Granny left her all the bucks, so why rock the boat?” Val asks if Al knows. “No”, Consti says and then continue in his best RatBastard explanation, no one could know because of his awesome political career. Wow Val stares at him like she is in some Grimm’s fairy tale and the magic spell has been broken and now she can see Consti for the little self-centered troll he has always been. Consti tells her that she can’t tell anyone her new sister news.
Val fires back and tells Consti, she admired him, thought he was the greatest thing since a “Cayman Bank Account”, she thought he was a God. Oh Senor Clayfeet. Now he has tossed all her good feelings into the trash. Val stomps off, Consti is left to sit in the cafeteria with runny eyes and try and scoop out a cashier girl who will fall for his “I’ve changed story”. I so wish she also got to see his famous, “Soy un Perverto” disc, oh icing on the cake.

Meanwhile, back at the waiting room, Hugo is all huddled up on daddy’s shoulder. Damien says they need to go home. Hugo says he must see Mili. Luci tells him to shut-up, get it through his head, Mili doesn’t want Hugo. Hugo says, “But she is my wife”. Luci is like, pull your head out, you and Mili are done, finished, through. Hugo looks sad, jeez I’d look sad too, if I almost killed someone, who might wake up and tell the whole sordid tale.

Socorro is sobbing at home about her missing pole dancing spawn, Mili’s fall and life just sucking in general. Horacio tries to cheer her up, by saying that Lina is probably having an awesome time on her honeymoon. Gee, that doesn’t seem to do the trick.

Oh look now we heard on over to the “Big Pole Palace” where little Karla is turning over her dinero to Chunky Torch Singer. She is way happy that she made so much dinero just shakin her moneymaker. Alas, Chunky takes a Big Cut and only gives Karla a small pittance. Room & Board. She tells Karla, that she is a Natural, just like her Ma. Karla does not want to be compared to her mother. She takes her small wad of cash and walks off. I know next time Karla will flinch some off the top.

Make at the mansion, Andrea comes down screaming for Soccoro, she wants café, she tells Horacio to get it for her. He tells her forget about it. She calls him insolent and narrows her cat eyes. Andrea better be careful, cause she may be on her way out when Consti finds out her part in the kidnapping of Mili. Oh Please, she’ll touch his leg and all will be forgiven.

Meanwhile, Val goes in to see Mili, she asks for a moment alone. She tells Mili that she ask for her forgiveness once before, but now they really are sister and please, oh please forgive her and don’t die.

Padre, Chunky Nun & Gloria show up. Gloria is very upset, she is afraid Mili will die. Padre the voice of reason says she is in excellent hands and everyone needs to go home and come back in the morning. Everyone leaves. I have no idea where Consti is. At this point I am operating under the assumption that he is busy making some candy striper.

Al will stay at the hospital with Mili.

Brau & Rosario Sr. arrive at the hospital. They talk to a nurse and tell her they are friends of the family. Mili is in a very delicate condition and no visitors until tomorrow. So of course, they find a doctor’s coat and mask and Rosario sneaks into the room. She tells the ever vigilant Al that she needs him to leave the room for a minute. We have some Hija moments. Al comes back and asks about Mili’s condition. Rosario says Love is the best medicine of all. Now excuse me, I have other patients to see. Egads….Princess go and share that with all the intensive care patients. She asks his name before she leaves and he says Belmonte…Egads otra Vez.

Oh looky, Consti is St. Deceptions, praying before Christ on the Cross. I think he had to check and make sure it was really Jesus as it has been so long since he has seen him. We go through the same lame promises that all sinners make, when pushed to the wall. Let Mili Live and I promise I will tell her and give her my name. Just like when you gave money to the church, if you didn’t have to tell her. AssHat,
Anyway, the good Padre comes in and talks to the now repenting Consti. Consti tells Padre that he knows Rosario is alive, but he is sure she is far away, he has a detective on it, but Granny spent years and came up with nothing. Consti departs, maybe he can catch the late show with Karla. AAAAAAAhhhhh
Padre remembers crazy lady the day Madre Superior died, he connects the dots.

Val tells Rocky she wants him to spend the night in her room and she really doesn’t care what RatBastard Daddy says. She tells Rocky that Mili is her sister. Oh the Muy Impactedness just goes on and on and on.

Next day…

Luci is sitting in the living room, Hugo comes bounding down the steps, he is off to the hospital. Not so fast, Luci wants to talk to him in the study.

At the hospital, Brau shows up and is all tearful over Mili. He tells Al that he did not tell Mili that Al & Mili weren’t brother and sister, because of hate. He is sorry. Al doesn’t care, he just wants Mili to get better.

Rosario is having breakfast, she is all happy she saw her daughter, cause a coma is better than dead. Perleta comes by cause he is trying to get money for the political party. Rosario agrees to a meeting.

That is pretty much it.

In the previews Hugo goes to the hospital and tells Al he has a present for him and hands him a box.
I totally hope it is a pair of thongs and he tells Al, they are Mili’s favorites, but I bet not.

Labels:


Comments:
Thanks for the recap, beckster. Good snark, too, I might add. ;o)
I only caught the last 15 min. of the show. Enough to say, "what's up with Rosario's butt?" That thing does not look real.

doris
 

Well, I would also have to say what's up with Rosario's boobs? Also very large and unreal, and she was wearing a strange skin-colored top under a low-cut jacket to emphasize them. That combined with her bad skin, raccoon eyes, and matted Dynel wig do not a beauty make.

However, once again, I have to disagree with you, Beckster, on Connie. Call me crazy, but I'm always buying what he's selling.
 

Wow...I the normal clothes snarker am so bored with this, that to save my life I couldn't tell you what Rosario was wearing. I did notice that festive little Val's sparkle top did bring a bit of glitter to the "Will she stay or will she go....." pretend she might die, death scenes in the hospital.

Call me completely encased in Jade
 

Good morning Beckster...know you are completely sick of this show but you still write a sparkling recap. Loved the "self-centered troll"...Señor Clayfeet...and "missing pole-dancing spawn" among others. I'm sure your wicked talents will translate beautifully to that work of art that is Fuego en la Sangre! Enjoy! and we will too.
 

JULIA....just went back to read the comments on Monday's Guapos and was delighted to hear you will take on the Monday recap for Cathy next week. You'll be great.

You should let Melinama know you'll be recapping and she will send you the instructions on posting. Looking forward to reading your take on things.
 

Beckster, will you take over for the unwilling Melinama on Fuego? Great! And Julia, you'll do a great job on Guapos, I'm sure, but it may take you longer to type up your entry than you predicted optimistically yesterday.
 

Beckster: Thanks for the wonderful recap. I'm with you. I'm not buying into Consti's conversions. He flips, then flops, then flips again. Unfortunately, he'll probably end up OK in this novela.

As far as Rosario/Rosela is concerned, what part of her is really real? If I were a more generous person, I wouldn't care. If I were a more generous person, I probably wouldn't take part in this blog. But, for cryin' out loud, she's totally manufactured. I wonder if she has working internal organs or if she's all machine parts. What do you think?

From lower Ala
 

Maybe the box has divorce papers in it? Why else would hugo even go near al.
 

Hugo should handcuff self and call paddy wagon. Take Andrea with him! She's really a piece of work, ordering Horacio to bring her coffee.
 

Another hilarious recap Beckster! My favorite was “Oh looky, Consti is St. Deceptions, praying before Christ on the Cross. I think he had to check and make sure it was really Jesus as it has been so long since he has seen him.” That really made me whoop.

Like you, I’m worried the next show will be the same thing. Why oh why didn’t they give us Tontas? Maybe they are saving it for the 9 o’clock slot.

My least favorite part of Rosario, besides the breasts served up on a platter of underwire, is the shoes! I swear those things have 3” heels and they are ug-leee.

That box Hugo brought in the avances worries me. Alex should be thinking bomb.
 

"Breasts served up on a platter of underwire"....think you can work that into a title sometime Maggie? It's a winner!

And yes, I think it's rather insulting to stick you with such a clone of the Milagros story. There is even a guy painting her à la Hugo for Pete's sakes.
 

Wow, Beckster, for being bored you sure manage to find a lot of fun in the show. Thanks for the recap.

I'm not really concerned about the typing time...I don't have a real schedule for work and once I have good notes I can type pretty fast, so I think that will be fine. My main concern is that I will get an episode chock-full of dicho I don't know, but in that case I will just take a shot and ask for clarification from all you brilliant people.

Methinks after Al and Mili find out who Rosario is they will rethink naming the baby after her. What has gone wrong in this woman's life that she looks like that? Is she going to be a PSA on body dysmorphic disorder?

I was also thinking the box will contain something dangerous. Anthrax, maybe?

Or, a ransom note for baby Rosario? Hugo's own severed parts? All the dirty pictures he's painted of Mili?
 

This is magnificent! I'm just glad the baby finally (sort of) got a name.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder