Friday, September 12, 2008

Guapos Thursday September 11, 2008: Alex tells Rosario that her stigmata don’t have to bleed

Connie comes by to tell Mili to look out for herself. Meaning what? asks Mili. Meaning watch out for Alex, says Connie.

Alex meantime is in a park, cuddling the baby. Rosario comes to meet the baby, takes her in her arms and says she’s so happy to hold a baby after having lost her own and she gets tearful. She makes over her, calls her granddaughter. Rosario says she brought a present – it’s a chain with the Virgin de la Soledad, like Mili’s. She smooches the baby and says she’s glad it’s not a last kiss, like happened with Mili.

We’ve arrived at the day before the wedding, and the wedding planner is out in the garden with Luci, Rocky and Vale. A bit late to be doing planning, I’d say, but here we go. She plans a clarinet and harp duo for the music. Rocky thinks that would be boring – why not a band for dancing? The planner lists some gourmet foods a leading chef will prepare but Rocky says the guests will starve, he’d rather have Socorro to whip up some good old Mexican food. The planner tries to get Luci to intervene, but Luci says I just want their wedding to make them happy. It’ll be great, says Rocky and by the next morning you’ll have a new grandchild on the way. Vale tells him to hush up.

The planner says it’s really easier to plan when the future groom is not present. Rocky says are you running me off? Vale sweet-talks him into going to see Horacio. Ever the effervescent, Rocky heads toward the house, but he runs into Nuevo Ramses who remarks that Rocky’s getting married tomorrow. Rocky rubs it in a bit and tells him he’s not invited, so there. Ramses says Connie had me do the invitations and one of them has my name on it, so there. Rocky says come on then, you can die of envy.

Braulio is having a romantic phone conversation in the lobby. He and Paolo set up a date for tomorrow (!), Paolo will pay for the theater and Braulio will pay for dinner. Ramses walks in and hears Braulio say No you hang up first. Ramses rolls his eyes. Braulio says we’ll hang up on three… one, two, three! But he checks and Paolo is still there. He titters and Ramses interrupts.

He wants to know if Rocky is having a bachelor party and Braulio says yes, at Bobby’s house. Ramses says you’re inviting me, right? Brauilio says no, and dramatically tells him that he has another date – there is someone else in his life. He can imagine how Ramses must feel, but sooner or later he’d have to find out. (I’m getting confused about the days – Braulio made a date for tomorrow, but now it sounds like the bachelor party, not the wedding, is tomorrow. I don’t want to back up the tape to find out if I misunderstood during the wedding planner scene.) Ramses is puzzled and tries to say something, but Braulio is on a roll: Let me go, I beg you, just let me go! And he runs off.
What’s up with him? poor dim-bulb Ramses thoughtbubbles.

We’re back in the park and apparently Alex has just told Rosario that Mili has a bad opinion of her. He tells her he can’t keep lying. Rosario, apparently unconcerned by her daughter’s unhappiness, begs Alex not to tell. Tell her the truth, says Alex, that’s the only way she will understand why you hate Connie so much. Rosario says I have to think about it. Alex is that what you want? That Mili grow distant from you because you want to harm her daddy? Rosario says my life blah blah abandoned blah blah knew she was his daughter but still she was a servant blah blah … what kind of man would do that? He’s got to pay!

Alex tells her that he and Mili have been through hell and high water to get to where there are now, namely happy and about to start a family. They want to stay away from negative vibes. Rosario radiates more of them, though. She says Connie hates you and he wants to destroy your business and your love. Alex says their love is tan grande not to mention tan fuerte that nothing can touch it. Rosario says you think so, and you’ve been blinded by the fact that you’ve spent your life trying to attain Connie’s love and respect and you believe one day he’ll change, realize his mistake, and give them to you. Dream on.

Alex says I know he loves Mili – I’ve seen it. Rosario says he loved me, adored me, and when we found out we were expecting a child, he was the happiest man on earth. And then what happened? He told me he was going to marry someone else, and he threw me out into the street like a bag of trash, which is why I dress this way. (I made that last part up.) He thinks he’s invincible, but don’t worry, I’ll take care of him.

Suddenly the rain from hurricane Ike pours down on them. And it was sunny just a second ago! This global warming is making the weather very unpredictable. They make a run for it through the sunny rain, laughing.

It’s pouring on the wedding planning group too. They head for the mansion, but Rocky appears and he and Vale romp around in the rain, then she pushes him in the fountain and later she’s in the fountain too and they romp some more and then smooch. Ah, young love!

Inside, Nuevo Ramses is on the phone getting someone to get him a few gorgeous gals as a surprise for the stag party. He thoughtbubbles We’ll see if Vale marries you now, chauffer!

Connie and Mili are in the car, and it’s pouring rain outside there too. He says he’s brought Mili to meet a person named Rosela di Llano – he got her address from Peralta. Mili says I already know her – she came to see me in the hospital. She’s very pretty. Connie says I can well imagine. Mili says it’s better if we just leave. Connie says no, I brought you to meet her because she’s your rival. She’s very dangerous, she’s your enemy and it’s best to keep enemies close. She came to see you in the hospital to get close to Alex. He and she are lovers.

Mili is beyond impactada – she says it’s a lie. He says it’s true. What’s the best way to get close to a man? Get close to his wife. Mili is badly shaken. She snatches the address paper from Connie and says I want to go alone. She runs through the rain to Rosario’s apartment building.

The door to Rosario’s apartment is open – I guess she hasn’t read about all the rich folks getting kidnapped in Mexico. She’s in her white spa bathrobe with her hair up in a towel and she’s holding the baby. Uh oh, here comes Alex in a matching spa bathrobe. A maid hovers in the background. I didn’t know being in the rain made you want to shower and wash your hair, but apparently that’s what they did. Through her open door we see Mili out by the elevators, studying the piece of paper.
Rosario is saying I’d like to be with the baby every day. Alex says I can’t bring her every day. Mili spies them from the hallway and is horrified. Rosario says it’s important that Mili think our relationship is business and nothing else. She says ah, Alex, and puts her hand on his check. If you bring me the little girl two or three times a week, I’d be in heaven. I love holding her in my arms. Mili looks like she’s been slugged in the stomach and she heads for the elevators. Alex says pretty soon we’ll be a family.

Mili is outside in the rain, devastated. Connie runs out of the car and says what happened? Mili is sobbing why? why? Connie hugs her and says you won’t be alone. (Forgive me, Padre Manuel, but I have hate for Rosario in my heart right now.)

Inside Rosario and Alex are having a nice cuppa. Alex wants to know what her plans are concerning Connie. Rosario says never mind about him, he’s not worth it. Alex says he’s worried what if some tragedy occurs… Rosela says you mean like would I put a hit out on him? I’m not like that. Everything I’m planning is legal. Alex says well I feel a little bit better.

Rosario says Connie wouldn’t give up everything for me and his daughter. I want to see him stripped of everything – his business, his political career, his money. What about his family? says Alex. Rosario says he doesn’t care about that, just money and power.

Mili is sobbing in the car. She doesn’t understand. Why did he do that to her? Why now? Connie says it’s not your fault. Alex is messing in with her to work against me. That’s not for sure says Mili. Connie asks what the woman said and Mili says nothing. I didn’t talk to her. I wanted to talk, I wanted to shout, but my voice failed me. It was like I couldn’t get any air. She melts down. Rosela was there with Rosario. With my daughter!

I’m going to kill him with my bare hands, says Connie. Mili says no, I don’t want you to harm him. Connie says, I shouldn’t dirty my hands. I know some guys who could catch him outside his office…. Mili says no! no! no! Connie says Alex has hurt you and he’s trying to destroy me. I can’t just sit on my hands. You’ll feel better when you see his face all pounded to a pulp. Mili says if you lay a hand on him, I’ll never forgive you.

Connie says you’re very upset, we’ll talk later. Your room is still as it was, you can move right back in. Mili is hysterical and says take me to my house, not somebody else’s! Take me to my house! Connie says I want to protect you. Mili shouts at him Take me or I’ll get a taxi! Connie says okay, we’ll talk tomorrow after Vale’s wedding.

Alex tells Rosario she doesn’t need to lift a finger to destroy Connie. Everyone in the family has withdrawn from him. He sees that all the money in the world won’t buy him the love of a son, or the smile of a baby in his arms. And if he doesn’t do something himself to change, he’s going to end up alone in his old age. That’s what will hurt him most, and that’s what will be his punishment.

Alex says look forward in your life towards love. You went 20 years without your daughter and now is the time to enjoy her and not spend your time on a vengeance that will just leave a bitter aftertaste. Go to Mili, tell her the truth. You both need to start healing the wounds of the past. Let Mili’s love teach you to forgive everything. Rosario looks serious.

Luci sees Mili coming into the house like the walking wounded, but Mili tries to cover up. Luci tells her that Lina will be staying overnight because it’s Bobby’s party night, and Alex won’t be staying. No? says Mili in a tiny voice. No, says Luci, he’s staying over at Bobby’s. Luci says there’s nothing worse than a meddling mother-in-law, but I know you and Alex were arguing and I just want to ask you to try to be happy for Vale tonight for her bachelorette party. Mili says sure. Luci tells her to have a nice hot shower and she’ll make her some tea.

The guys plus Horacio are slugging down beers and whooping it up. All the ladies, including Sor Cachete are at Mili’s house laughing and Vale is having a ball. It looks like they are going to TP her. Now the guys are arm wrestling and drinking shooters, and they keep giving Rocky shots and cheering him on to drink them. The girls have TPed Vale, in a way – she is draped to look like a bride. Rocky is really drunk now and he is drinking from the bottle. He could end up in the hospital this way, but the guys, who are still sober, are laughing it up.

A taxi delivers Horacio and Bobby, who both look passed out, to Casa Belmonte. Nuevo Ramses comes out, smiles craftily and swaggers and puts on some lip balm.
Karla has just finished her pole number and she goes over to Homeless Hugo’s table. She says I thought you weren’t coming back. You ran out and I thought I was an idiot to open up my history to you and then you take off. Hugo says, in his best naco talk, that what she told him touched him profoundly. He says he once was in love with someone who didn’t love him back and her story brought all that back. He gave everything just to hear her say “I love you” but she never did.

Out front of Casa Belmonte Horacio and Rocky are hugging and almost falling over. Rocky says tomorrow I marry the love of my life. I was a chauffer, a gardener, an exterminator, a tire guy, I got beat up, but did any of that stop me? No! He says to Horacio I love you man, and they hug again. Rocky says listen up, because nobody will be more honest, more sincere than I am being with you right now. He staggers. I gotta go pee! And he heads for the bushes.

Hugo is telling Karla that the important thing is that she understands him, that he’s not a bad guy. They seem to be really connecting. She says I slept with a father and his son at the same time. If you think badly of me, I won’t blame you. You’re great, really honest, says Hugo. One thing … tell me the truth, he says. Did you fall in love with either of them? Yes, says Karla, or so I think. But let’s not talk about that. I’m alone now.

Hugo says nobody likes to be alone. Sez you, says Karla, and you a vagabond! Hugo says why do you think I come to visit you? They are leaning across the table toward each other and Hugo bounces his eyebrows. Karla looks lovely when she smiles. She leans back in the booth, chews a fingernail happily and looks at him flirtatiously.

Rocky comes into his room at Casa Belmonte, he is hanging onto the doorknob and the walls for support. We see some impressive cleavage – it’s a woman, and there’s another one. The other one says We are your stag party present and we are here to fulfill all your fantasies. They drop their slinky robes and stand there in their underlovlies. Oh wait, there are three of them! Rocky crawls onto the bed and they stand over him looking like Victoria’s Secret models in their panty and bra ensembles. Rocky says excuse me, but when I see a bed, I can’t help myself. They hmmm appreciatively. Good night, says Rocky and conks out. They try to wake him to no avail.

At the pole-dancing place, Macarena is singing and Hugo admires her voice. Karla tells him that she has a twin who is a nun. No kidding! says Hugo. Karla says I recall you said you sing with your friend who plays the guitar and that you two are the best street musicians in Mexico. Karla asks when he sings, and he equivocates. Monday maybe Wednesday and Friday. Karla says tomorrow is Wednesday. Hugo gets vague.

The models are standing over sleeping Rocky telling Ramses, who is there with a camera, that they can’t wake him up. Don’t worry, says Ramses, when he sees the photos, he’ll think he’s had the best night of his life. Every man dreams of sleeping with three hot models like you. One of the girls says his fiancée won’t see these, right? Of course not, lies Ramses. He tells them to undress Rocky and then pose. They start in and Rocky smiles in his sleep and says wait until after the wedding.

Karla is trying to nail Hugo to a time when she can hear him sing and complains that she works at night. Hugo sets up a daytime time. Macarena is belting out her song onstage and Hugo chair dances a little.

Macarena’s torch song continues and we see an arty shot of Alex looking pensively out the window of Bobby’s apartment with moonlight on his face and then we see Mili bent over in a chair, sobbing. We see Vale in bed, smiling in her sleep. Then we see Ramses getting his shot. The girls are draped over Rocky’s sleeping form, but he isn’t exactly nekkid, as he has a T-shirt and boxers on. Click. Click. Click. At the club, Macarena finishes her song and the spotlight swoops around.

It’s morning at Mili’s little orange house and Luci is telling Vale to come eat a little something. The doorbell rings. Uh oh. Oh, whew, it’s only Robledo who wanted to hand-carry some papers for Luci. He tells her her money is all set. But he says there’s something… naw, he’ll ask Connie later. Luci says what? He says about Mili’s shares, there seems to be another seller and he can’t figure it out, but he’ll straighten it out on Monday.

Robledo says he has to talk to the person who’s going to help (I have no idea what he means, but Luci says uh-huh). He understands Connie’s position about Vale – she needs to understand that marriage is not a whim. Luci says uh-huh skeptically. Robledo says the person who is pretending to be a judge will bring it off beautifully. Uh-huh says Luci . (Oh, now I get it.) She sees Robledo out and heads for the phone, muttering that she can’t believe it! A fake judge! She dials up Nestor and says I need your help.

Chamuco and Gloria are in the kitchen. Chamuco says where that smile I love? Gloria says Vale is getting married, Lina is already married, and Mili has even already divorced and here’s me still single. Peer pressure is a rough thing, even if you create it yourself. I’m your boyfriend, don’t worry says Chamuco. Gloria says she read a magazine article and now she knows he’s one of those guys who’s afraid of commitment. Chamuco says what is it you want me to do? Gloria says let’s get married today!

Rocky is getting dressed for his wedding day and Alex is looking on. Rocky says he thought of kidnapping his chiquita like Alex did with Mili, but he never did because he thought a wedding was the right way to go. Rocky says how much he loves her and he asks Alex if he looks good for her, like a movie star? They joke around.

Nestor comes in and Rocky looks surprised, but Alex rolls his eyes. Nice manners, Alex. Rocky said they didn’t expect him, but Nestor says Luci sent him and there’s been a change of plans. We see Vale in her wedding gown – so lovely. She asks Mili and Lina if she looks okay, she is nervous. They swear she looks divine. Vale says she wants to look beautiful and the girls reassure her. Vale tells Lina to say “tu” for heaven’t sake, they’re friends!

Mili says Rocky loves you like crazy, he’s noble, he would never do anything to hurt you. She starts to break up and Vale says don’t cry, it’s catching. Mili says it’s just that weddings make me sentimental. Lina says you didn’t cry at mine! Luci comes in and exclaims over Vale. Vale says where were you? You disappeared! Luci says there’s been a change of plans. Vale gives her a look and freeze frame.

I wonder how they’re going to resolve all this in a week.

Avances: Mili tells Alex now she knows why he wants to work with that woman. She knows everything! He is cheating on her with Rosela! Alex looks shocked.

Labels:


Comments:
Thanks for the really thorough recap Maggie! My comprehension is steadiliy improving, but I still miss so many little details.

I loved the "that's why I dress this way" quip!

Rosela certainly is a hard character to embrace. She's obsessed by revenge that is now hurting the very daughter she lost so long ago. I wish Constancio would hurry up and see Rosela and this could all be cleared up. One more week!

I guess it makes sense that Constancio's great love would dress a little skanky after his great lust for Andrea. But even Andrea dresses with a little more class.
 

Maggie: I'll second the motion. Great recap.

As to the medal Rosario put on the baby - she said it is just like the one she put on her own baby. Didn't Regina provide the medal for Milagros? Or, aren't we supposed to remember what happened at the beginning of this novela.

Anyway, Rosario - who shows up dressed in her best Elvira outfit has also lost me. Right, how is this mess going to be picked up in a week.

From lower Ala
 

Great recap, Maggie. The medal was given by Regina or Constancio to Rosario, as I understand it, and Mili had it from birth. But it was somehow special to the Belmontes or Lascurains, which is why Regina knew that whoever had it was her lost grandchild.

Remember the weird plot diversion where Damian got a street kid who stole Mili's necklace to pretend to be the grandson--months and months ago.
 

Reading your recap makes me realize how much happened in this action-packed episode.

I was crying again when Connie hugged Mili. He called her "mi vida," (not yet mi hija). But so sad. Al is being such a fool.

I guess Ramses idea to break up the wedding is now independent of Connie's, because Connie has his fake judge, so he doesn't need extra help. Looking at new Ramses, I can't believe I thought he was the same actor last week. He does look completely different. He's even playing the character differently, or it's written smarter.

I loved the toilet-paper wedding dress. That's a custom here in the U.S. too.
 

One more thing to add: I was reading comments on Telenovela World, and they call Damian "Brillo top" or "Dummien." So fitting.
 

I too felt the pain in the Mili and Connie scene. I love his outrage and his determination to make Al and that woman pay. He has always been so protective of Mili and I consistently love their scenes together.

Rosario is a lost cause. Granted when she first arrived she was hell bent on revenge and then found out Mili was alive. It put her between a rock and hard place but she should have gone to Padre Manuel and asked him to help her find a way to tell Mili the truth or the truth as she sees it.. But no, she can't give up her revenge obsession and now she has set it up so that not only will Mili not accept her she hates her. Sorry lady but you have it coming. Of course we know that somehow soft hearted Mili will get passed it but in 6 days? Only in Novelaland.

Al finally had a reasonable thought and told Ros to tell Mili the truth. Here's a thought Al why didn't you tell her in the first place.

Ah Connie's been caught again with the fake judge. Obviously Nestor and Luci will get a real judge and put one over on him.

One more thing - the cast in guapos is pretty uniformly a talented group. Unfortunately Maribel Guardia is out of her element. She simply doesn't have the tools to keep up with them. Someone asked about her a couple of days ago. She is usually the put upon woman not an antagonist.
 

I totally agree with decie girl,Maribel Guardia is out of her element. She can't act, she's always flipping her hair back and adjusting whatever she's wearing, like she's about to go down the catwalk. Hello lady,you were hired to act, no model.
I really loved this novela and will miss Miligol and Alejandro.

Miranda
 

Thanks for the terrific recap Maggie. I think Mili has suffered enough. The fact that Al and Lucy are the ones who know the truth about Rosela/Rosario but aren't telling make this hard to deal with. I noticed that Florencia is in the opening credits and unless I am mistaken, with a different actresses' name. I would like the remaining anvils to fall now. I agree with you Rhonda and Pasofino - too many loose ends and too little time. I would have loved to have had a few episodes showing everyone happy and together rather than having it condensed into the last 5 minutes of the final episode. I really enjoy this show and will be sad when it ends. I think Williamm Levy is very handsome but just not sure if I want to go through what seems to be a Mili lite theme on the next show. Diana in MA
 

I also have really enjoyed most of this novela, but right now Al and Rosario/Rosella and Nuevo Ramses are irritating me greatly. Especially Al. Has he learned nothing? So in all Al/Ros scenes last night I just looked at the baby. She is still super cute.

Oh, Braulio is bugging me too. I don't know how the actor gets through those scenes without gagging. I used to love Braulio and I think his preteen-girl behavior now is kind of out of character and cartoonish.

I thought this was a sloppy episode, especially Hurricane Plot Contrivance. Only a week to go, can't we get past some of the stupidity, already?

One funny thing I noticed...when Al and Ros were on the couch, Al's robe was, like, totally open, and Ros kept glancing down...

I feel like I should say more positive stuff...ummm...I loved Val's wedding dress. That sort of flapper style really suits her.

Thanks for filling in all the info I missed, Maggie. Great recap.
 

Let's see what loose ends have to be tied up in 6 days -
Mili learns about Ros and Connie
Al learns about his tio,
Kala learns the true story of her mother
RECONCILIATIONS ALL AROUND

Damian and Andrea get what is coming to them
Maybe Hugo gets over his obsession
Gloria finally drags Chamuco to the alter
Nestoer finally gets the new and improved Luci

A grand finale wedding

All of this is doable without a last minute wrap up. In reality i would like to see almost everything wrapped up by Thursday with some fun and laughs in the end. What I don't want is for everything to be too neatly tied up and the last episode a dragged out bore like a few others I can remember. There has to be a happy medium.

I agree about the new show - Mili lite without any of the charm. William Levy and Rene Strickler aren't enough to make me sit through it.

Fingers crossed that all of our Texas viewers will be safe.
 

Thanks for the fabu recap Maggie =) Braulio said he had a “compromiso” (engagement). It could mean a date, but it can also mean that he’s “spoken for.” Hence, he can’t go out with Ram to the party tonight ‘cause he has a boyfriend, not ‘cause it conflicts with his date tomorrow, probably after the wedding.

Loved Braulio’s “you hang up, no you hang up...” bit. Not sure it’s terribly PC (most gay men are NOT like that, but some are), but it was still sweet.

I wonder if, with what’s obviously a change of venue and judge, Ramses will get a chance to show Val the dirty pictures. The best part though – they’re doing it all behind Connie’s back! He’s not giving away his own daughter at her real wedding! This makes me happy.

I sure hope Mili’s accusing Alex about a fling with Rosela will force him to spill the beans about who Ros really is.

Pasofino, Regina did provide the medal Ros put on Mili, but she probably remembers it well enough that she was able to find a similar one for her new grandkid.

Not sure how I feel about "angel." I am a little excited to see Ricardo Blume and Chachita (haven't seen either of them in a while). The storyline is a little overdone, but now we have two little pretend orphans. One is the Mary Chuy character (and form the previews it looks like her mom will be the Laura Zapata character) and William Levy's daughter, who's mom faked her own death to ditch her family (what a beeyotch!).
 

I think I'll watch Angel for a few weeks at least, to see if it's any good. I was totally unenthusiastic about Guapos when it started, but then so many of the actors were doing such a great job that I got more into it. Also, I liked the complicated, interwoven plot. I'm not familiar with the lead girl in Angel but she totally looks like Mili Spoof...but I like some of the other actors so I'm willing to give it a chance.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder