Monday, October 13, 2008

Querida Enemiga Monday Oct 13 - This recapper has run out of patience with Lorena

Stupid hypocritical Lorena doesn’t get out of the cab after seeing Ern and Jimena talking, she tells the cabbie to keep driving. So this is basically the exact same situation Ern was in last week, and Lorena was SOOOO upset with him jumping to conclusions, so she decided to do the same thing I guess.

Sara and Bruno plot how to poison someone, Hortensia is their target now right? No, I guess they are going to ruin the event that the Armendariz company has planned, put something in the food to make everyone drunk or high or something and cause a scandal.

Jaime calls Maruja, Vasco is going to be fine. Greta tells Maruja she is in love with a married man. Maruja goes on about how with her and Jaime it’s ok because his marriage was over before she got involved with him. Greta says uh yeah this guy too, but Maruja sees through it and says “He’s tired of her or you WISH he is tired of her?”

Omar and Zulema have another fight about forgiving Hortensia.

Hypocritical Lorena complains to Diana about Ern having not changed at all! There must be something in my past that I’m not remembering because this whole Lorena being a hypocrite is under my skin in a big way.

Ern shows up at Maruja’s house and nobody answers, nor does he get an answer when he tries to call.

Lorena whines to Diana some more. I don’t care.

Omar lays awake thinking about what Greta told him at the office. He smiles. He’s feeling pretty good about himself, but I think he knows better.

Diana tells Lorena to maybe go back to Alonso. Lorena speaks but I won’t listen to her so I don’t know what she said. Maybe she should go back with Alonso, since now I don’t like either of them.

Zulema and Lorena make plans to meet up later at Lorena’s school.

Dario and Paula tell Bettina that they are splitting up, again. Bettina, of course, is crushed. I do like that at least this time they are telling her together rather than isolating her and talking about the other behind their back.

Lorena teaches an old guy how to use a big knife. After class, Ern is outside waiting for her. He says he looked for her at Maruja’s house, was she out with Rosy? Loren just says “no” and keeps walking. Oh yeah Ern’s just supposed to “know” that she miraculously found her birth parents and moved into their house. SHAME ON YOU ERN, HOW CAN YOU NOT SEE THAT WITHOUT BEING TOLD, YOU POOR EXCUSE FOR A MAN. Ugh I’ll try and relate the conversation but I have just had it with Lorena. She finally says, after they both act like babies, that she lives with her parents now, Alonso found out who they were.

Bruno lies to Alonso and says he wants to trade his night shift to spend time with his wife and baby and acts all nice but Alonso is too stupid to notice the difference. Alonso of course agrees to take his shift. Bruno calls Sara to say he got the night off.

Lorena tells Ern the story of the DNA test. She explains why Alonso was there etc etc and Ern buckles under and apologizes, though under the circumstances at the time, he did nothing wrong. He then wants to explain about Jimena, but two-faced wench Lorena won’t let him, she’s tired of hearing it. Lorena you are horrible and I hate you. She makes him listen to her story and when he even apologizes for not doing anything wrong, and then she won’t let him get two words out. Whatever. Let’s refocus the show on Julian and Rosy, or Vasco and Diana, and write Lorena and Alonso right out of it. Ern SHOULD be insisting right now that he hasn’t done anything wrong, but instead keeps asking for forgiveness and a fresh start. Write him out too. These people make their own problems and then we’re supposed to feel sorry for them. I don’t.

Jackie falls deeper into her cult and gives the lady more money. The lady wants more, Jackie hands it all over. What a sucker.

Ern and Lorena love each other, but the extremely stupid conversation that leads nowhere continues. She refuses to believe him, she has lost confidence in him, though HE HAS DONE NOTHING WRONG. I just can’t get over this. He didn’t do anything! She didn’t do anything with Alonso either, but he let her explain and he got over it. Zulema shows up for their meeting, Lorena leaves with her. Ern looks sad. He should look like “WTF?” since he didn’t do anything wrong.

Omar tells Greta that there is no chance for something, he is married and has a family. She tries to convince him, even puts his hand on her chest to feel her ‘heart’. He gets flustered and leaves, she thought bubbles “he’ll fall.” So she is actively trying to steal him away. Everyone on this show is growing more loathsome by the minute. Where are Julian and Rosy for some comic relief?

Lorena cries to Zulema, blah blah blah.

Hort is out of bed, when did that happen? She is at her desk, the nurse brings her a drink. And she’s talking! She asks Augusta if she knows how to drive, I guess she wants to go somewhere…

Zulema and Lorena continue to talk. Another fight about Hortensia, Zulema won’t let it go. I agree with her, really. How can you forgive what Hort did. Jaime, maybe, since he was a wimp and Hort steered him.

A cab arrives at the mansion, the driver gets out a wheelchair. Augusta puts Hortensia in the chair and she pushes her towards the car – and a hand stops the chair. It’s Zulema. Hort immediately asks Zulema to forgive her. Oh I guess this was the end of the cab ride, it wasn’t the mansion, it was the lesser house. Hort took a cab over here to apologize. Lorena is shocked that Hort can talk. They go inside. Zulema isn’t very nice, as expected. She pulls out a baby outfit, the only thing left from 22 years of thinking her baby had died. She goes on to describe (at length) the suffering she has lived with all this time. Zulema decides to forgive Hort so she doesn’t have to spoil her new happiness with rancor. She doesn’t seem to REALLY forgive her, but she says she does. Zulema leaves the room. Hort apologizes to Lorena some more.

Greta comes in to talk to Omar, he says he doesn’t want to continue what they were talking about before, but she says no, she thinks she’s going to ask Victor to move her to another office. Omar says that’s probably for the best. She was NOT expecting that answer. I guess big boobs don’t ALWAYS get you your way, just most of the time. Her plan backfired big time here.

Lorena tells Zulema that Omar will be happy with what happened today.

Barbara wants Vasco to bail out and come home, but he wants to stay and take care of business. Jaime shows up with someone to take Vasco’s statement.

Diana and baby show up at home, Lorena and Zulema tell her about Hort’s visit. Zulema feels free now that the business with Hort is over. Zulema and Lorena want Diana to work for them if she can’t get her old job back.

Ern gets the job as the new TV chef.

Dario has a tearful goodbye with Bettina and Paula. He’s off to Monterrey. Dario gives Paula his car and says to call him any time when she needs something. Lots of crying. Dario is getting into the cab when Jackie runs up and wants his forgiveness, she is getting it from everyone. She tries to explain, he is suspicious. He is angry that she ruined his family and finally says “ok I forgive you, now shut the hell up.” She gives him some kind of new age blessing and he can’t get out of there fast enough. Jackie then rings the bell and wants to talk to Paula and Bettina. I guess she thinks she can get forgiveness from everyone in one day if she keeps moving.

Toribio continues his Tai Chi. The instructor seems to really like him and flirts with him, just in time for Carmelita to show up and be really jealous and bitchy.

Paula tells Jackie to make like a tree and get out of here. Paula tells her an acid bath couldn’t purify her, go to hell, get out! Jackie gets on the floor and begs, making Paula laugh. Bettina says fine, I forgive you, you can go now. After Jackie leaves, they laugh and think she has gone completely crazy.

Bruno and Sara are sneaking around at night, Sara has something she is going to put in some food. Bruno tells her to be careful so she doesn’t kill anyone. She hides from a night watchman, I guess the guy patrols but doesn’t lock doors, Sara had just walked right in. She injects some chemicals directly into a bunch of steaks and returns them to the cooler.

At home, Lorena gets a big bunch of flowers. She acts all happy and surprised. She is so dumb, they have to be from either Ern or Alonso, and whoever it is, she’s going to be grumpy about it. So how can she be all “oh for ME?” when they show up? They are from Alonso, who sends along a love note. Of course, right away she gets her stressed look and doesn’t want to get into it. The doorbell rings again, more flowers for Lorena. Obviously from Ern then, right? She gets all happy again. Jeez she’s like a dog, they will let you hurt them over and over and still be happy to see you. And yes, as soon as she reads the card, she gets mopey again.

Ern has a drink and remembers making out with Lorena. And then taking off her shirt, etc.

Lorena’s family laughs and votes on who she should go with, while she just looks pained. Kind of an Alonso look. Maybe that’s an indication.

Sara exits the building, Bruno who has to be negative about everything all the time tells her she used too much. Then why did you give her so much to use, dumbass? They run off.

Lorena and Zulema talk about how great Omar is.

Greta tries to get somewhere with Omar again. He tells her no, so she just jumps him and kisses him. She won’t take no for an answer. He is an idiot and just stands there and lets her paw all over him. Not an idiot for letting some hottie kiss him, just for letting her do that when he is already married.

I did this from youtube, so I apologize that I don’t have any preview for you. I expect we’ll see Ern and Alonso chasing Lorena and Lorena whining to everyone about how those two act but not mentioning that she does the same thing but I guess for her it’s ok.

Labels:


Comments:
Hi Ferro...glad you were p.o's at everybody (just about) 'cause I was too.

Of course Bruno and Sara are doing crappy things, one can hardly expect otherwise, but Lorena is being a total pill...and I think Omar's ego, not to mention libido, is going to get him in big trouble.

Ugh and double ugh! And with an episode like this, who wants previews!?

Thanks for a funny, straight shootin' recap Ferro, love the way you get right down to it.
 

Thanks for the recap Ferro (and with no captions either..wow). I have to agree with you and JudyB most of these people are vexing me. Where are Julian and Rosie when we need them (or Vasco/Diane or Jaime/Maruja).

I can't believe Lorena is being such an idiot and hypocrite. Ernesto is showing the patience of a saint putting up this nonsense (or maybe he considers it payback for all the women he hurt).

Still no ultimata semanas...how much longer can they annoy us with this romantic triangle?
 

Hello folks!

Thanks to Ferro and all the fabulous recappers and pinch hitters (yey Maricruz). Sorry I've been MIA. I have finally caught up with the recaps for this one (minus tonight's, will have to read later, esp since I missed the whole Snorty apology 'cause I needed to talk to hubby!).

Anywhoo, there was a question about new age lady being in LFMB. I don't see her in the QE credits for IMDB, but I'm pretty sure that's Rosita Pelayo (saw her a lifetime ago in some sitcoms with the guy that plays Toribio) and her IMDB profile says she was Lola in LFMB.

In answer to the cultural questions: I moved to the US school system in the 7th grade, so I'm not sure how much Greek mythology and Shakespeare are taught in schools (we learned the names of some Greek philosophers and a little bit about Shakespeare plays, but I think this gets a little more in dept AFTER the 6th grade). Having said that, I would think any writer worth his (or her) salt would have studied the classics and would thus include a lot of those point in their writing, even if it was for melodrama ;) As for "mano en la cintura," sorry, I don't think I heard that one as a kid, but I'm enjoying all the definitions and they sound true.

On a totally different note, I enjoyed all the comments about Amor Real and just had to look it up on Wikipedia to make sure it was indeed a remake of "Bodas de Odio" (originally with Christian Bach, Miguel Palmer and Frank Moro). I don't remember our hacienda owner actually sleeping with another woman after he kicked his wife out though, so I guess that part was new. It's been a few years, making my memory fuzzy, but that may have been when he started dealing with revolutionaries, though he wouldn't join them until much later. It was just nice to have a frame of reference ;)

Re: Corazon Salvage - I loved the bits of it I saw (and I believe you can get the full length bootleg version out there). I know there had been plans for a sequel before Eduardo Palomo passed. I had also read comments that Carla Estrada was planning another remake (the Palomo version was number 3) with Colunga. Much as I love him as a pirate, he strikes me as a little old for Juan, but I think he'd be perfect for the sequel Palomo was unable to film. Regardless, this is all speculation as FC is otherwise engaged in the new TN (I know the name's been discussed her "Amor es Para Siempre" or something like that), so it will be a while if it happens at all. In the meantime, we can all have dreams of a swashbuckling FC ;)

Back to this TN, Ferro, I felt your pain as Lore let Ern escape, yet again. He actually offered to have Jimena talk to her. Does she honestly think Jimena would do that if there was something going on? Ok, in some cases it does, but usually if they're trying to get money out of you. She's just being dumb.

As for Omar, I just hope he stops himself before he does something Zully REALLY will never forgive.
 

Darn, looks like we're in that time when the love interests just keep getting stupider and stupider. Good for you Ferro for giving them hell. This could go on for weeks. If I have to see Alonslow and Lorena kiss in the rain again I'm going to hurl.

Speaking of hurling, watching Sara deliberately poison the steaks with a food borne bacteria literally made me feel sick. As Bruto noted, people can die. That's a pretty serious infraction on her part. Oh yeah, she's a murderess, I forgot.

Wonderful snarky recap amigo. It was the only laugh I got out of tonight's episode. Not even Jaqui made me laugh; well...maybe a little when Dario ran off and then again when Bettina "forgave" her and threw her out.

Oh, and I'm sure a big reason why Bettina was so cool about not moving to Monterrey with dad can be summed up in one word, I-V-A-N.

Thanks Ferro!
 

Chris, I think you perfectly captured the frustration that all of the loyal QE followers are feeling right now. Your recap was right on target.

The episode in which everyone is forgiven except Ernesto. Of course the irony is that as you and others have so accurately pointed out, he hasn't done anything wrong! Sure, let's forgive child abduction but let's condemn Ernesto before he has a chance to speak.

I agree with you that the scene between Paula and Dario telling Bettina they weren't reconciling was very well done. There was no anger, just remorse and sadness.

Karen, yes, Ernesto is showing the patience of a saint -far more than I am exhibiting right now.

I was sad to see Omar kiss Greta. We know she's desperate but what's his excuse? Blech.

Lorena, redeem yourself. Go find and keep Ernesto pronto. Diana in MA
 

I was a little surprised to hear Bruno say to Sara "don't use up all of it - we don't want to kill anyone." Ha! Speak for yourself, wife-beating doctor.

I've never liked Greta at all, and the fact that she can't take no for an answer from a married man is pathetic considering that not too long ago she was commiserating with Paula about cheating husbands. Seriously, what kind of future does she think she'd have with him??

Jacqui is getting the ideal punishment for being a husband-stealer and a swindler's accomplice. She's sorry for stealing husbands, plus she's giving away all the money she and Icky stole from Snorty's company. It's a thing of beauty.
 

By the way I thought for sure this recap would be called "Mine's Bigger" because of the gigantic floral arrangements. (For the record, Ern's was bigger AND prettier, though lilies always remind me of funerals...)
 

I tried to think of a clever title, but all I could think about was that I'd love to give Lorena a piece of my mind.
 

Ferro...your title reminded me of one of my favorites by Amanda when she was recapping Juan Querendon.

"Is it okay if I say mean things about Paula?"....

sometimes that's just how a recapper feels....up to here! with the dumb things the supposed heroine is doing.
 

Hopefully, Omar will resist Greta's attack. This never happened to me, but I've always wondered if I would stop some beautiful woman who was throwing herself at me, if I thought my wife would never find out. Of COURSE I would! (I think).

Ernesto hasn't done anything wrong, but Lorena doesn't completely trust him. Why? 1) his past; 2) he slept with Monica while pursuing Lorena, and never mentioned it; 3) he had physical contact with Jimena both times Lorena saw the two of them. Also, Ernesto hit Alonso when he saw Lorena together with Alonso. I agree he hasn't REALLY done anything wrong, but Lorena has some doubts. Every single character in this show (except maybe Maruja) has done stupid things, so we shouldn't be surprised that Lorena is human, too. I'm willing to give her time to figure things out.
 

You are more generous than me, Hombre. But I'm kind of that way. I'm not one to judge or hold a grudge too quickly, but after a while when I feel a certain way I'll stick to it pretty strongly. Lorena has been wearing on me for a while. But I see your points.

As for the being able to resist a hottie throwing herself at me - I don't even have to analyze what I would do if my wife wouldn't find out because let's face it - any wife ALWAYS finds out. There's no need to look deeper into it. Kind of takes the pressure off of my morals, at least for this situation. Doesn't matter what I would do IF, since those odds are the same as 'what if I could fly?'
 

Omar needs to get to HR and file a harassment beef on Greta. Unwelcome remarks, unwanted touching. She's done.
 

Heee heee hee...dude I'm with you, I felt like smacking Lore silly. I just want them to introduce some new cute girl and Alonslow can have her and stop meddling with the Lore/ Ern connection....sigh. Oh well, when have we known a telenovela not to frustrate the p**s out of us. Oh, right, Alborada, Pasion, Amor Real....ditto sigh... :)
 

Unfortunately Greta is related to Omar's boss, so a complaint might not go anywhere. He could speak to his boss directly though and ask for her to be transferred or something.

Anyway, for the record I'm not too happy with Lorena either. I understand why she's jumping to conclusions, but she's not being rational. The fact that Ernesto's still pursuing her, when he's never wanted to keep any of his previous girlfriends around, should tell her something.

He probably should have told Lorena about Monica since Monica was making Lorena miserable at work, but it wasn't cheating. Lorena had rejected him.

And the first time she saw him with Jimena was after he found her in Alonso's arms (after she had dumped him over the Monica thing). At that time, she did have a chance to say "Alonso found my parents!!" but instead she just hinted around vaguely that something important was happening until Ernesto gave up and left.

The second time she saw him with Jimena was after she had given back the ring.

So ALL of these things happened after she'd pushed him away in one way or another. You can't keep rejecting someone and then expect them to wait around, alone and miserable, in hopes that you will change your mind.
 

Julie, then Omar's boss is abetting a hostile workplace. He's done, too.

Omar could get a really nice settlement out of this. Assuming Mexico's labor laws are anything like ours.
 

I don't think their labor laws are at all like ours - my wife worked at a bank in Guadalajara and during her time there the meal breaks were first shortened, then eliminated. The work day was from 8-5 with zero breaks. The manager told them that if they were caught eating in the bathroom or anything like that, they'd be fired.
 

Ferro...that bank story is awful! I'm surprised they got bathroom breaks...I assume that would have been the next to go...if you can't eat or drink...hey, you don't have to pee either!

I'd be comatose by afternoon if I couldn't eat, that's for sure. Glad you whisked her away from all that. Ye gods!
 

If Omar's HR Dept is anything like at Farell Industries then the HR Director, whether male or female, is guaranteed to be the next to go after him!

Mike, sounds like you worked in HR or had very good training wherever it was you worked.

Shame on Greta!! She's the next candidate for the Divine Light of Good Fortune.
 

Hi, Folks! I am finish with Cuidado con el Angel's comments, so I decide to come over and read all of you folks comments.

First, I would like to say THANK YOU FOR THE RECAP, Ferro. You are upset about Lorena, Alonslow, and Ernesto situation. All I can say is hang in there! the storyline might change.

Like I said last week, I just stsrted watching Querida again. To me, all of you folks seem to like Ernesto for whatever reasons. In other novelas that Gabriel Soto was in, he was a favorite of mine characterwise. To me, Gabriel Soto is a good actor. In other novelas, his character does cheat on the main heroine usually, but eventually they get back together. To me, lots of novela use these kinds of storylines. It is not peachs and cream for the main heroines. MAYBE IN THIS ONE, IT WILL BE DIFFERENT IF YOU AS THE VIEWERS WANT ERNESTO TO GET THE GIRL- LORENA.

To me, Lorena is flaky. This is one of the reason after the first few episodes I stop looking until a week or two ago.

I predict that Omar will have an affair with Greta. He is not happy with Zulema. Zulema seems to be mad or mean or unagreeable to what he wants from her. He comes home after a long day and she can't let him kiss her on the cheek. I think Zulema is going to drive Omar away if she continues to be how she is.

One thing came to mind Lorena has been hurt by people in all kind of ways that her perception is distorted. I know that our experiences difficulties or not can weigh on our perception and judgment. This along with her upbringing in orphanage by nuns. The teaching of the church are mainly black and white. This might be one of the reason as to how she is with both her wannabe boyfriend/lover.

Hang in there! Ferro. Maybe Lorena can redempt herself.

If you watch Cuidado con el Angel, some of the rich people make bad judgments and appear like morons. I have a couple that I feel are stupid for being taken in. I am upset at them that I named them moron or stupid. The aunt and niece that are taking them in I called them FRAUDS. One of them is so phony that I don't want to hear what she says at times.

Like you said, Ferro, I feel that a judge should be more of sound mind, intelligent and fair. Maybe for whatever reason I feel the way I feel such as you with Lorena.

Thanks! Ferro and to all the commenters. I like reading these comments. I will try to continue to comment.
 

Thanks Genevieve for sharing all your thoughts. I was actually going to try and watch Cuidado, but then that didn't happen. I can't even find time to watch this show more than the once a week I have to recap.
 

Genevieve, don't be too hard on Zulema. Until recently she was an affectionate, loving wife and Omar constantly rejected her because he had some sort of erectile dysfunction. Their interactions were sad (for Zulema) and difficult to watch. Of course his ailment was miraculously cleared up just in time for Zulema to get pissed off. It's that back and forth thing again. I fear you are right about Greta, if so I hope Omar and Zulema find their way back to each other. They are a great telenovela couple and, after all they have been through together, deserve each other's love.
 

Poor Lorena --she has abandonment issues. And her first experience with a novio --Alonso-- was devastating. From the beginning, she has said she didn't know whether she could trust Ernesto to remain faithful to her,and that she was afraid of becoming involved with him. Also from the beginning, she's been honest about telling him that, and also straight about saying that she does love him. And with her background of being abandoned and being fairly inexperienced in the ways of love, and what she knows of his past as a womanizer, she's not being unrealistic about remaining involved with him. I would think twice myself. So cut her some slack!!!! NJ Sue
 

I really don't have any problem with Lorena being unsure of being with Ernesto, that all makes perfect sense. My problem is how she expects him to act a certain way when he sees her hugging her ex-fiance, then she turns around and does exactly what he did but for her it's ok for some reason.

The number of times people wander around a corner juuust in time to see something and then take it the wrong way is astronomical!

Lastly - yes I have to keep stopping and telling myself that these aren't real people we're talking about. Doesn't seem to help.
 

Thanks, Ferro. Telenovelas get very frustrating at about this point. I don't think Lorena will end up with Ernesto, but I hope that we get to see him as the main galan in a future novela. Julie ..great title ''Mine's Bigger''...That's exactly what I thought when that second bouquet was delivered !!! And, we must remember that Ernesto was a womanizer when Lorena met him , and she was innocent and naive. In my experience, womanizers do not change their stripes...una mujer is never enough. It's hard to watch Greta putting the moves on Omar. Women like Greta are dangerous . Resist , Omar ...be strong and true. And about the scenerio Hombre painted of a woman coming on to a married man...as they say ''The screwing you get is not worth the screwing you'll get.'' I'm glad there are harassment laws in the workplace now . In the past, some guys just thought they could say anything to a woman coworker. I taught in a senior high and some of the male teachers said some inappropriate things to not only the female teachers but also the female students...and there were some affairs among faculty members.
 

On the Ernest v. Alonslow question, at first I thought Alonslow was a slam dunk because of the cast credits, but on second look, he and Ernesto are at the same level, so let the best man win. Personally, I'm hoping that Alonslow ends up as the Santiago to Ernesto's Ricardo (Pasion)!

Does anyone know if Carmen Becerra was pregnant during the filming of QE? Everything she wears has an empire waistline, even the jacket she was wearing to taint the meat for the banquet.

Sara deserves a fate equal to or worse than Lizabeta in pasion. All Liz did was steal a baby. Sara has lied, stolen, killed, attempted murder, poisoned and who knows what she has left to do before the ultimos capitulos?!
 

Riberajoe~~~~OK then...let's get a stagecoach and some street rabble ready to Sara off into the desert to meet the same fate as Lizabeth.
 

Thank you for the recap, and I so agree with the title. Lorena does have credible reasons to worry about Ernesto's faithfulness, but still she KNEW he was a womanizer when she took up with him, and he HASN'T cheated on her, so give the man a chance. It really looks as if she decided to find an excuse to dump him the instant she realize Alonso was free. The writers could have handled this a lot better. Too bad because otherwise I think Lorena's a great heroine.

I suppose Ernesto will end up with Ximena. At least she's more mature than Lorena.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder