Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Fuego, Wed., Nov. 19: Fear not! This recap has been censored and altered to your delight.

Yes, I swear, and yes, I criticize, and No, I don’t teach Spanish. Please don’t hate me because I’m sardonic, hate me because I’m beautiful. Now, if you people need a neon disclaimer, go to Las Vegas--I got a show to do!

Ah!!! Pray tell, why does Sofia have Juan’s daddy’s belt? It belonged to her “father.” I’m willing to bet her “father” is Juan’s daddy! Or maybe the same manufacturer of this built mad others. Remember, this is the belt that has followed Juan for as long as he can remember (maybe a day or two) and evokes all of those confusing feelings and remembrances of his childhood. Juan slams the belt down in a selfless act of honor for his family. For the one millionth time this month, Juan and Sofia must separate. I ask; is this because they are siblings, or because Sofia’s daddy killed Juan’s pops? Brace yourself: we’re about to enter the ultra-ubiquitous “I love you-I hate you” circle of deceit and misunderstanding. How could Juan possibly love someone whose father killed his parents? How could Juan’s parents not drown him at birth? How could Sofia, in all of her special-ed. glory, find Juan desirable? Regardless, Sofia makes a pretty good argument for the two to stay together; hey they've made it this far. Stop confusing me! yells Juan in his chair-throwing rage. Your father was a bastard who knocked-up my sister and then left her on the streets! Uh oh, Juan’s alter ego has overpowered the other personalities as he (they) breaks down and starts to cry. Stay the course, Juan, stay the course!

Oh my God. Our local fashionista sisters Jimena and Sarita are picking out the perfect wedding ensembles for our lovely fiancées. This post-disco, neon pink Grandma Suit will perfectly accentuate Sofia’s beautiful neck line and ear lobes. The macho fashionistas are keeping their eyes peeled for honeymoon jump suits, too. They simultaneously choose the same outfits on different racks, OMG! They’re like twins! (I told you that doing inventory in that store would be a nightmare). I think I saw Michael Jackson in something very similar. All the more reason for Juan to show it off.

Poor Sofia, she even unbuttoned the top button on her blouse. I think I saw a tinge of pink on her earring. This is going to be a huge setback for her social development. Poor girl has more deaths to mourn than her closet has black garbs. You know that saying about taking the bump in the road and making it a crater? Well, Juan has pretty much redefined that meaning. So here’s the rundown; he doesn’t really know why he has to hate Sofia, other than the fact that the shit-for-brains producers convinced him that Juan would be smart enough to link a belt to his parents’ slaughter. Sofia somehow gets under the wire on this little development and almost convinces Juan to come away with her, but Juan remembers that when all else fails, stay the course (I will not make any sort of political reference for fear of being hated by hundreds)! The whole thing goes down in flames when Juan beats it into Sofia’s head that their little thing is over. That simply means they’ll be back together tomorrow afternoon.

Juan hates Destiny now, and asks why his damn (I said damn!) memory had to come back. Don’t we all? Anyway, he promises to honor his wholly irrational, impulsive commitment to vengeance. Juan is the classic example of an unstable character whose multiple personalities have gotten the best of him. He’s sure to win a “best actor” for this performance. So Juan relates his entire life history, or what he remembers of it, to the solitary petunia, or whatever we call that bright little flower with it’s own personality.

Sofia goes to her confidant, too. What does it tell you when these people’s only friends are dead people and magical flowers? Interestingly enough, Sofia is convinced that her father did not kill Juan’s parents. It must be true because she looked the granite straight in the eye and repeated “you are not” until she forgot what she was thinking about. As experienced and informed viewers, we can discern that Gabi’s lurking presence is indicative of her killing Juan’s parents. Not a spoiler, I’m just calling it like it is.

Who better for advice than Pad Tad and Gramps—after they’ve both been heavily medicated, of course. Gramps points out that every other hillbilly in town wears a belt like Juan’s. Nope. Juan insists that he could pick this one out of a crowd of a million. Sofia, Juan couldn’t point to his pinky on his own hand. Now, she tells the guys that it’s all over because Juan didn’t want to marry the girl whose father killed his parents. Yes, that would make the wedding reception very uncomfortable. Knowing Sofia, she’s had the seating charts memorized for months. You know how she gets when she exerts her mental capacities for nothing.

Gramps wants the truth and Gabi’s gonna give it to him. How can he be so stupid; when you ask Gabi for the truth, you get the exact opposite story. Usually you learn those things with age, but it must have an opposite effect for elderly, handicapped individuals. (I know: you hate me for saying this.) So Gabi pretends that she’s daddy’s little princess, and pulls the “If you ever want me to be happy, you’ll believe me when I say Bernie killed Juan’s parents.” Sofia, who far surpasses Gramps in stupidity, happens in on this conversation and is torn between faking a stress-induced coma for the attention, or screaming for the effect. Gabi "admits" that she was the lover of Juan’s daddy, and that’s why Bernie knocked ‘em off. One more time, through tears: Bernie killed the Robles-Reyes. Sofia and Juan are half-siblings and their kid is destined to a life just as stupid and pathetic as theirs. He or she will be a true success story if he or she gets a job at WalMart.

You have to admire Fernie’s undying spirit of good will and altruism. Who else would wait for hours on end outside public orphanages for adopting parents? (I hear it's a great place to pick up after-hours nuns.) This lovely couple was just rejected an adoption. Not to worry, Fernie’s got a million other kids stashed away in the caves. Though, you’re gonna have to come to the next town over. Oddly enough, this reminds me of the time I took a leap of faith when I entered that small Panamanian taxi in search for the supposed Zegna store. Nice tie and everything, but I will never fly into foreign countries at 1:00 in the morning again. Back to the story... No, the man dressed all in black with the smoking cigar is not evil. Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain. God must have sent him, says the gullible, blinded-by-hope lady.

Ah, the wedding march sounds, the brothers present the Michael Jackson suit, and Juan regrettably rejects it. He’s not getting married. But I can’t say I’d be too excited about wearing that to my wedding either; I won’t even mention the bride. It’s starting to scare me how much time Juan spends by himself. Resorting to talking to the banister, staring at bricks; soon he’ll be trying to decipher the cryptic message in the mortar. It happens to the best of us, I mean, them.

Note; I fast forwarded all the memories/flashbacks for your sanity.

Poor Juan has lost it; he can’t bake bread, he can’t dress himself, he can’t knead 10-pound loaves. Actually, strike that, he never could do any of those things. It’s time for an intervention. Counselors Oscar and Franco can barely face the reality of their brother’s situation. Juan doesn’t want to talk about it. They’ve decided that talking to Sofia will be best. Six to one, half a dozen to the other. I'm talking brain cells...

I always knew that putting Sarah Palin on the international circuit would work wonders for Sarita; is it any coincidence that they share the same name? I think not. Now she just needs to tone the look more toward constipated spinster and less toward Madonna Blonde Ambition Tour. Seems that those Michael Jackson suits have swept the town and Sofia has even accessorized one of them with her long, flowing skirt. Hey, at least we have her dressing in white again. Now, if we can get her back in the twentieth century we’ll be fit for What Not to Wear. How tender; the whole family’s here, except no one knows it. So sad that we're the only one's who appreciate the irony. It’s a special moment in which Juan observes the mother of his child with his child. I’m sure it would mean more if mommy and daddy weren’t busy seeking vengeance on one another.

Ok, those people who are adopting through the Fernie Agency of “I’ve seen better days” are morons. Who would go to Sofia’s excuse of a handicraft store looking for clothes for their brand new black-market baby? That wouldn’t happen to be one of the three that came in on Friday’s shipment, would it? asks a concerned, but reserved Sarita. No, they don’t do names or questions at those sorts of places. Oh.

OMG. So many comments so little time. Why why why do three grown men who live in a mansion still sleep in three single iron beds in the same room? Second, why the hell would Jimena be embarrassed to see Franco in his boxers; we all know she’s ridden that AT LEAST a couple of times. And, anyway, what's there to see?

Hahahaha. First, I have no idea why Juan feels the need to knead 10 pounds of dough. Second, I laughed really hard when Pablito asked what was wrong and Juan almost crushed him and mixed him in with the dough. Juan regains a little consciousness and decides that Pablito is his son now and he is always going to take care of him. After all, Juan just wants to form a huge, gigantic family. Now, why would you want to indoctrinate so many innocent children with Juan’s thoughts and behaviors? I think he has a plan to take over the city with his offspring. I don’t even want to think about children with Juan and Sofia DNA.

Sofia has another breakdown when she sees that all the kids are gone. The clueless nun tells her that everyone was adopted. Shouldn’t she be happy that they found homes for all of those abandoned children? Some people are so vindictive and selfish.

In case you care; tomorrow: There was not one damn piece of new information; I kid you not. Damn Univision. A bunch of rotten cheapskates.

Note: This episode would make great material for Maury. These people desperately need a little intervention and a few DNA tests. Title: I've got two daddies; South-of-the-boarder style

Labels:


Comments:
I guess this migfht mean the end of those 3 kids or brats as some might call them. heh.

If anyone just knew that dealing with Fernando Escandon means death is just a gunshot away..... Looks like there will be two more victims. I don't know of any other way to undo an adoption. Surely it is not like refunding used merchandise in a store.

Dona Agustin must surely know that he has never seen Bernardo with that belt. Lets see, Gabriela Gives the belt to Ricardo Uribe who happens to wesar that belt while murdering the Robles-Reyes parents. Some 25 or so odd years later, While Fernando is having an affair with Raquel Uribe, he happens to snoop around her dresser and spots the belt and decides to steal it simply because "me gusta". Strangely that belt looks like it was worn once and still somewhat new.

How about what other articles of clothing was Ricardo Wearign when he murdered Juan's parents? What kindo hat was he wearing? What color hat was it?


My Girl Sarita was wearing matching eyeglasses to her blouse. Girl has some style... She has funny looking ears but still sexy though.

Since Padre Tadeo seems like a wimp, maybe he ought to be replaced by a Cardinal like Gaspar from Pasion. He has the look of authority.....

Methinks that Ruth will make a return before the week is over.
Ibarramedia
 

Nick, how did you get this recap done so fast? Thanks much!
I am just amazed that these adoptions happen within a couple of hours...pouf! Three kids gone at once. Is the orphanage having an adopt-one, get-two-free event? Where is the orphanage going to find more babies? They don't grow on trees you know.
BTW, remember the little hint that Crabi in her youth knew the dapper little Tio Reyes in the charro suit and big mustache? I wonder if he's coming back?
"Creemelo"
 

Thank you! I didn't tape it and then I remembered it was your night so I knew it would all be okay. Seriously, "How could Juan’s parents not drown him at birth?" was a Diet Coke spit take! Love it!
 

Wow...was there a full moon last night? You were extra-funny. Loved the "I've got a show to do". Indeed.

Now about that Panamanian taxi story. Tell me more. I have a few taxi and hitchhiking in Europe scary stories myself.

But the swearing, young man! Your mama Beckster has seen the light and she will not be happy with your behavior. (unless she's flipped back...I'm waiting to see how long she can be Chantilly Lace)

In the meantime, Auntie Judy says Go in peace. Serve the Lord. ('cause I think he's okay with people being hilarious and making us laugh)
 

Hi Nicolas, great recap. Our disgust with this show is rising, isn't it. I hope you don't mind that I made a slight excision in your title. People are gloomy enough these days, let's not enter ourselves into even more miseries. Estamos?
 

Nickster - thank you for the reCrap. That was the snarkiest of snark. ;-) Yet another 'meh' episode? I was rolling my eyes throughout the whole hour.

I kind of liked the wedding outfits for the guys.... hoped I would see roosters on them, but alas, no. ;-)

At least on CCeA they have DNA testing, if that's what I think I saw at the end of last night's ep. Perhaps Mexiloon will catch on......

doris
 

Nickster,
Thanks so much for the great recap..I giggled, I LOL, I smirked, I wanted to get all crazy and use real adult words (or words for the more advanced snarky child). But cheese and crackers, I remembered my place and put the Vanilla Shades back on.

Thank you for a bit of color in the black and white world.
 

Didn't the Mother Superior tell Juan & Sofia that adoptions take time? How can a couple walk in off the street and adopt 3 kids?
 

Thanks Nickster for the recap. I haven't been able to watch very much for the last two weeks. I look forward to the recraps every morning. I'm so sick of Snophia. She needs to take a vacation.

Will there be recraps during the Thanksgiving holiday?
 

Nic: great recrap of a really boring episode. Did we need a replay of Juan's manic episode? Did we need to see Juan lingering at the magic tomb ad nauseum? Did we need to see Sobfia turn on the waterworks for the umpteenth time?

Oh yes, this episode was one for the logic defying record books: Feo - "hey, want a kid? just follow me." I wouldn't buy a Rollex* watch from this dude on the streets of Manhattan but what the heck, I think I'll trust him enough to get me not one but three bambinos.

The whole belt buckle plot device is just plain stupid. But then again, we are in Mexidoom so it makes sense.

Finally! Caprichio reappears but alas, not nekkid and his scenes were too short & too Juanified.

I like Sneerita's new look. She needs a new nickname now...how about Sparkita. Yeah, she's really sparkin' now! All she needed was a little vo-de-oh-doe-doe (thanks to Laverne & Shirley for a cleaner version of ____________) and like magic, she's a hottie.

We need Root desperately. This show is stuck in the mud.

Beanies on, gang! We're going to need them to survive!

Maggarita
:-)

*if you're ever in Manhattan, watch the spelling on those cheap, brand name goodies you can buy from the street vendors!
 

Thanks for the quick, snarky recrap, Nick. That idiotic, quick adoption sure came from nowhere. An unknown couple walks in to the orphanage, and walks out wiyh 3 girls that another couple have emotionally invested in and have already started the process of adopting. How could ANY mother superior possibly have left the orphanage in the hands of someone so stupid?! Like Lola said, the MS said that these adoptions take time- when done legally and properly, yes.I knew something like this when she blew out of the pueblo, but I didn't think that Feo was going to be the broker in the deal. Just another incomprehensibly idiotic twist in this saga of misunderstandings, tears, murders, evil deeds,tears, thefts, on/off love relationships, tears, amnesia, and did I say- tears?
 

Connie, I don't think there's going to be a Thanksgiving episode - I think there's going to be some special on that night.

Okay, so perhaps fancy snake belt buckles were all the rage back when Juan was killed. Sort of like if something had happened to my family in the 80s. "All I know is that one of them had a Rubik's Cube. Find someone with a Rubik's Cube and you'll find the killer!"

So what's with Sarita's color-changing glasses? Does she have multiple pairs to match any outfit, or do they have on snap-on colored attachments or something?
 

Thanks Julie, that's what I thought but I just wanted to check.
 

Ah...Panama! Great city. Great people. Great times. Did a lot of things, met a lot of friends. The original premise of the trip was my family’s spring vacation on a cruise to Panama, Costa Rica, and Belize. Well, a lot of bad things happened on the way. First, let me say, if anyone ever tries to send you to Florida via Canada, scream in their face until they change your flight. Yes, leaving the country to come back into the country was our downfall. After a series of de-icings, layovers, etc., we arrived in Toronto where we had eight minutes to catch the flight to Miami. As we sprinted over luggage and small children, we were wholly disheartened when we realized the plane had already taken off. There we were in a foreign country, not speaking the native tongue, and no common currency, we were ultimately abandoned. No thanks to the Vacation Protection Plan, we spent hours negotiating with several airlines to fly us to Miami. After some serious arm-twisting we arranged a flight to Miami and a subsequent flight to Panama City, where we would wait things out for four days and hopefully catch the ship. Without our luggage, and without our sail-time martinis, we boarded a 747 for Miami. To mention that I was hit on by a 40+ Vietnamese woman and a Canadian man bought me a bear would be trivial. Anyway, we arrived in Miami at 3:30 p.m. and a couple of blocks over our cruise was leaving at 4:00. Oh well! So we decided to run-up every food/clothing related bill and then submit the expenses to Carnival. Wasn’t that fun! Hence the Zegna shopping. So we then spent another couple of hourse negotiating our flights to Panama City. It turned out that my parents didn’t want to leave for another foreign country witout our belongings, so we pulled some strings and AA put us up in a hotel. Nice place, by the way. I tried to convince them to take me to the recording of Don Francisco, but seeing that we just traveled some 2,500 miles, we decided eating and sleeping would be better. The next day was Easter Sunday, and boy that was hellish. So we get up, knowing that we would probably have to repeat our story 15 times to 15 different organizations. To spare the details, we had to leave Sunday night on the red eye to Panama, with or without the luggage. The damn luggage showed up two hours before the flight—it never left Canada. You know, you really get to know a lot of interesting people when you live at the Miami International Airport. Actually, I ran into Hector Saberon from Mi Vida Eres Tu. Nice guy. So, we left for Panama City not knowing where the hell we were going to stay, or what we were going to do for three days. That was all part of the excitement. I should also mention, I’m not exaggerating, that every flight we had was either cancelled or delayed. This was no exception, as the entire MIA had one southbound runway and one northbound runway due to storms. Ever been on one of those Mexican tranvias? This was very similar considering the Miami heat. So we get to Panama City at midnight and everything in the airport is closed. Local authorities tried to arrest my dad for “bringing fruits and plants into their nation.” I thought it was funny, considering he clearly didn’t have any plants. As I said, we took a leap of faith when we crawled into that small Panamanian taxi. The scariest part was when we went through a checkpoint in a random neighborhood, and my parents thought that the military guys with guns were going to kidnap us; turns out that security is just really tight in those parts. Lucky for us, I used those 18-hour days in the airports to do research on Panamanian hotels. Seeing that Carnival was paying, why not book a suite at the Hilton? That’s exactly what we did.
 

After the shock set in, things weren't bad at all. Panama was beautiful. Turns out that the panamanian taxi driver, Agenor, proved to be a great friend, and vital to our survival. Agenor, if you're reading this, (you don't speak English) I love you. Anyway, I also got to meet a lot of Panamanian congress people because they were holding a ceremony in the Hotel Convention Center. Then on Monday Agenor took us on a Grand Tour of Old Panama (Casco Viejo) and New Panama. Loved it, loved it, loved it. I would seriously live their, if given the chance. I've got pictures if anyone wants to see. The most fun was spending Carnival's money on Prada sun glasses! I know, I'm evil. Well, our day to catch the ship had arrived, and this was our last chance at seeing home again. Remember, the cruise was our way home; the airlines weren't involved anymore. The task would not be simple, though. We were on the Pacific coast, and the cruise was boarding on the Atlantic coast. Fun Fun Fun! Did I mention that Panama has one lonely road that goes from Panama City to the Atlantic? Well, the three-hour trek at 20km/hr. was insightful; we saw the true country and its people. All in all, we arrived at the Carnial Miracle (don't you love the irony?) When the nice inspections officer asked where we were coming from, and how we got here; I simply responded; four days, three countries.
 

All's well that end's well. I won't even tell you how we got home. Duh, duh, duh...
 

Nickster,

I hope it was a stuffed bear and not a live one. :-)
 

Wow, Nickster. That was quite an adventure and reading it made me promise myself to never fly anywhere ever again. My daughter lives in Toronto , and she's spent lots of time sitting in the airport waiting fly to NYC. We're going there for Thanksgiving...we are driving. Thanks for the recrap. This show is really getting me down. I can't sit and watch it anymore. I just surf in and out. It is just too gloomy and tortuous for me . Help. I'm even looking forward to Ruthless returning and stirring the pot. With Juan and Sofia estanged AGAIN, I'm sure old Root will try to put the moves on Mighty Joe AGAIN.
 

Nickster: What city was your original take-off point?

Thanks for great recap, too.
 

I think I fast forwarded all the way through the first 20 minutes or so that was just Sofi and Juan talking/crying.
 

Nickster, Thanks for the witty and original recap of a dreadful episode. Your tale of Panama Mracles is far more interesting and full of genuine intrigue and humor. Thanks for sharing that too.

Didn't the MadreSuper tell the dumbass little nun to speak with PaddyTad before she did ANYTHING? Or was I sleeping through and dreamed it. How could Feo pull off an overnight adoption with no impediments. What a goofy plot device, it is too stupid for words. When the only fun thing to talk about after an episode is Sarita's kalaidoscope of glass rims, we are in deep, deep trouble.
 

Can nuns be fired for stupidity? Or do they just get eternal damnation?
 

What is with all the physical abuse on this show? Why would anyone allow Juan to adopt any children after the way he shook Pablito? Juan is only a hop, skip and a jump away from harming some unsuspecting person. How odd he doesn't manhandle the two who deserve it most: Gabi and Fern. Seriously, who are we supposed to be rooting for here?

Nick: you always make me laugh. And it goes without saying that I hate anyone who is beautiful. :D
 

Yes, Cheryl, you heard correctly. I almost wrote that the nun was a complete dumbass, but I didn't want to offend our catholic readers. (I pride myself on the special steps I've take so as not to offend our large reading audience.) Why anyone would fork over three kids with no documentation or numbers exchanged is just as sensical as giving birth to a kid in your own bed and wondering where it walked off to.
 

Is it possible Jimena and Oscar adopted the 3? They are still legally married, right? The writers can't resist throwing in these dramatic scenes to give AN the chance to show off her dramatic panting skills.
 

Nickster, you can say dumbass nuns. Believe me I've been hit on the hands with that ruler a few times way back when I was in Catholic school.
 

Love, love the Sarita & Franco snark!!
 

Nickster, I had a friend who flew to Hawaii from CA rerouted through the Midwest but your rerouting is the winner. Your trip recap to Panama is better than anything that has happened in FELS. Maybe Oscar and Jimena scooted over to the convent and beat the other couple to the adoptions. Aren't they still married and didn't they adopt Pablo? Not a spoiler. G in CA
 

Nickster as a devout Catholic I just have to say, that a dumbass is a dumbass whether they are wearing a habit, cassock or bluejeans! Wearing holy garb does not exempt you from abject stupidity. I look forward to the Wednesday recaps and I couldn't imagine you offending me!
 

Amen, Molly & Lola! Dumb is dumb no matter what the religion!

Maggarita, a not-so-perfect Catholic who's probably destined to pay for her many mistakes with a one-way ticket to h-e-double hockey sticks.
:-)
 

Nickster - what a wild trip!
"we arrived in Toronto .....to catch the flight to Miami.....the plane had already taken off. There we were in a foreign country, not speaking the native tongue, and no common currency, we were ultimately abandoned." That had me ROFLOL... Toronto ... foreign language... eh! LOL!

Travel can be such an adventure, even in one's own country. Ask me how I know. But my war story doesn't compare to yours.

doris
 

Wow Nickster! What a story. And I thought it was bad that I couldn't fly from Kansas City International Airport (stress the word International)straight to Mexico. I had to drive to St. Louis and leave from there. :) I hate flying.
 

Don't we all. Now I want to hear/read everyone else's worst travel stories. Notice I won't even mention Mexico 2005. Don't even get me started...
 

Nickster, great recrap! Your Panamanian adventure was great fun to read!

I need a fact check here. Crabi told Abuelo that Bernie killed the Robles-Reyes because she had an affair with Juan's papa, but I don't think she said anything about Juan Robles-Reyes being Sofía's father. Don't think Juan and Sofía are half sibs. I also don't think Juan Robles-Reyes ever gave Crabi even the time of day. Weeks ago (maybe months) she drooled over a picture of Juan's papa in his charro suit thought bubbling that she loved him madly but he didn't ever love her back. She's making the whole thing up and DUMBASS Sofía listens in and believes the whole thing!

Why doesn't anyone in this novela ever overhear anything that moves the plot in a good direction? No. every overheard conversation either gives Feo ammunition or causes one of the nicer protagonists to go down the wrong road because they hear the wrong part.

It would be nice if the hijas were adopted by Jimena and Oscar. I hadn't thought of that angle. I was just thinking how stupid it was that a couple who wanted one kid would do the same lunacy as Juan and Sofía and decide to take all three.

And, yes, we ALL are getting fed up to the teeth with this porquería!
 

I was only joking about Juan and Sofia being siblings; I would love to watch a case of incest love, but the writers, unlike me, are not that twisted-I stress the word "that."
 

Hi all--who actually adopted Pablito? Didn't Juan and Sofia try, but since they weren't married, Jimena and Oscar did? Has either of them even given a twinkie's rump about him over the last couple months? Then, Pablito's role model Big Juan roughs him up and yells at him? Where is the PSA police when you need them?
"Creemelo"
 

PS for you Beckster: Twinkie's Rump = Rat's Ass.
Creemelo
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder