Saturday, December 27, 2008

Doña Bárbara - Thurs., Dec. 18 - DB returns from the Capital after taking out insurance, Eustaquia is arrested and Gervasia learns about cows

Santos and Marisela-
S: Listen, I need you because if you leave me, it will be like the sun went out and I will be living in the shadows. You are the light that illuminates my life. Please, don't stop caring about me.
M: Do you think what you are doing is good?
S: What I am doing?
M: You're playing with me, Santos, with my feelings and that isn't right.
S: Marisela, I'm not playing. I only want to be at your side and... see you.
M: You want to be by my side when you aren't in bed with her, right? If what you want is someone to play with and give affection to, buy a puppy (cachorro) because I am not a toy to amuse you when you aren't in bed with the Doña.
S: Look Marisela, I know. Things have gotten to the point where maybe your... your feelings are confused and that's why I wanted us to talk and clear things up.
M: You already told me the other day - you care about me but you don't love me. That was made very clear to me. What else do we have to talk about?

Eustaquia insults Meléndez. He tells her to be more respectful - he is the law. "What a pity for this country when the police are led by murderers and rapists!" replies Eustaquia. When Meléndez asks for DB, Eustaquia says that she isn't there and when he doesn't believe her, she invites him to look for himself. Melquíades is listening from hiding.

In the capital, DB says that Meléndez is only one of the rapists who made her run away. He follows her like a shadow and worst of all, now he has power. She takes some paper out of the drawer and starts to write. "I will pursue you to death, swine. To death!" she says.

Antonio and Cecilia-
A: You are incapable of confronting life to defend something beautiful! Because what we had was beautiful but you had to throw it all away with your..insecurities and neuroses.
C: (sobbing) Antonio...
A: Don't try the tears with me, Cecilia, nothing hurts you. You would rather hide behind your fears than fight for the only real love that you will have in your life! I care about you, Cecilia but you don't deserve it. The only thing you deserve now is that I forget you. You like Lucía for me? Yes, she's pretty. She's a good woman. You're right. I think that now I will start to like her.
Good day, Señora Barquero. (He leaves and Cecilia throws something in frustration.)

Santos & Marisela-
S: Look, I only wanted to get close to you to remind you that I am still your friend like before, when we met. Do you remember?
M: Before, you were many things to me - my idol, my teacher, the best thing that had happened to me. We were friends, too but we aren't any more, Santos, because I love you and you are the lover of the woman who brought me into the world. What are we going to do?
S: Marisela, let's take this step by step - I have a relationship with your mother.
M: You have a relationship or you love her?
S: It's the same thing, isn't it?
M: No it isn't. Anyone can have a relationship. Love is something else.
S: A relationship, love, whatever. I live with Bárbara. But the fact that I feel something for her doesn't prevent me from caring about you like "my dear little girl ("mi muchachita querida") or
'my sunshine.' Don't you realize that they are two different affections and one doesn't have anything to do with the other?
M: You feel.. you care about ... you, you, and you! And me? Have you thought about me?
S: But isn't it obvious? You were the first, Marisela. Am I not saying to you that I miss you? Why this eagerness to fall in love with Gonzalo in order to leave here?
M: Because it isn't fair that you want me to stay around you, to see you suffering at the side of Bárbara Guaimarán.
S: I am not suffereing, Marisela. I don't suffer at her side.
M: Oh no? I suffer being around you. You know why I haven't left already? Because of my father, because he is sick, because I can't leave him. If it weren't for him, Santos, I wouldn't have left here long ago. I would be far away, where no one could find me. (she leaves.)
S: She loves me. It's true that she loves me like a woman.

Altagracia runs away from María Nieves who is trying to apologize for what he did. MN says that the time before, he gave her a kiss and she didn't do anything. Altagracia says that he took her by surprise but after that kiss, she thought he was going to do somehing, say something but nothing happened. MN blames the problem on Pajarote who told him to ask and ask and ask. Altagracia slaps him. She asks why he is the way he is. Why can't he do things right? Why isn't he like the poet, for example, and write poetry. MN says that he doesn't know how to write. Altagracia says that it isn't going to work out. She wants a cultured refined man who talks, not a brute like him. Altagracia flounces off. "I don't know how to write pretty things," says MN to himself, "but I feel them."

Meléndez searches El Miedo and when he can't find DB, he demands that Eustaquia tell him where DB is and threatens her. Eustaquia says that she is old and weak. She will die quickly if he maltreats her. She calls him a son of a bitch ("hijo de la perra") and Meléndez knocks her down. He calls his men and tells them to arrest Eustaquia. Juan Primito tries to stop them and he is knocked down too. Meléndez tells the cowering JP to tell DB that he has Eustaquia and he won't let her go until she is face to face with him.

The rebels are hungry because Eustaquia hasn't come. They wonder if something bad has happened at El Miedo.

Mujiquita is at the bar of the hotel and Melquíades comes over to him and puts a telegram form in front of him.
Mujiquita says that the form is blank. "That's because this is very difficult for me," says Melquíades, "Will you help me? I need to send a telegram to the Doña." [Imagine how hard it must have been for Melquíades to have to ask for help!] Mujiquita agrees to write what Melquíades dictates.

DB has left something with a guy in the capital. If he doesn't hear from her every Friday, he is to send it to the press.

The guards bring a handcuffed Eustaquia into the police station. Even Pernalete is horrified that Meléndez would arrest an old woman.

Marisela cooks while Cecilia sits and cries. "So," says Marisela, "Antonio came to clear things up and you told him that he made a nice couple with that Lucía." Cecilia asks what else she could do. She is already married to Lorenzo. Marisela replies that Cecilia and her father care for each other like friends, not like husband and wife and Antonio suspects that. Marisela says that of all the things she could have told Antonio, Cecilia had to tell him the thing that made matters worse. Once again Cecilia points out that Lucía is young, pretty and intelligent and she is just a pregnant old woman. Marisela has no sympathy. "I'm fed up with you," she says, "Stupid (boba), stupid, you are stupid and for stupidity you deserve to lose Antonio to that woman." At this point, Juan Primito staggers in covered in sweat and gasping for breath. "Juan Primito," cries Marisela, "what happened? Did you fall out of a tree?" "They arrested her!" gasps JP. "Who?" asks Marisela. "Eustaquia!" JP manages to get out and Marisela is impactada.

Santos comes to El Miedo and asks Leon and Tigre why there is a guard outside. They tell him that Meléndez came there with guards looking for DB and when he didn't find her there, he arrested Eustaquia.

At the police station, Pernalete tells Meléndez that Eustaquia works for DB and everything to do with DB is delicate. Did Meléndez have to arrest Eustaquia? Meléndez says that he gives the orders here. Marisela comes in and demands to know why Eustaquia has been arrested.

(If Marisela goes around bra-less in thin shirts like that, she shouldn't bee too surprised if lowlives like Meléndez come after her.)

Meléndez says that his favorite little doll has shown up. Then Santos comes in tells Meléndez to leave his cousin alone and demands to know from Pernalete why Eustaquia is in custody. "She hurled insults (improperios) at Colonel Meléndez," replies Pernalete. Marisela demands to see Eustaquia and Meléndez says that he is inclined to indulge her and lets her go.

Eustaquia tells Marisela that she shouldn't have come; the place is full of bad people. Marisela asks if the swine has harmed Eustaquia. Eustaquia says that she is fine and is so grateful that Marisela remembered this old indian woman ("esta india vieja"). Eustaquia tells Marisela to stay away from Meléndez, he is the worst monster there is in the world. "Worse than the Doña?" asks Marisela. Eustaquia tells her not to says that, "a mother is a mother even if she has done bad things to you." Marisela replies that is why she doesn't care for Eustaquia any more because she is always defending DB and not Marisela. Eustaquia says that she does defend Marisela but not enough. She says that even though Marisela doesn't love her, she adores Marisela. Marisela concedes that even though Eustaquia doesn't deserve it, she doesn't want any harm to come to her and then she admits that she cares for Eustaquia a little bit (migajita).


Santos tells Meléndez that holding a defenseless woman like Eustaquia is inhumane especially as she hasn't done anything. Pernalete tells Meléndez that Santos is a shyster lawyer (un leguleyo). Meléndez replies that Santos is well known (tiene fama) and speaks well. He congratulates him. Meléndez says that witch (bruja) is not defenseless. Santos asks what charges they have against her. "She is a witch," replies Meléndez, ticking them off on his fingers, "she is Indian; she is old and I don't like her. What other charges do you want, Santos?" Santos asks when they are going to release Eustaquia. Pernalete replies that is up to Meléndez and when DB comes for her. Meléndez says that he envies Santos having two such beautiful women - mother and daughter. Santos asks how he knows that his woman is beautiful. Has he met her?

DB gets the telegram from Melquíades.

Meléndez says that everyone in the Arauca talks about the doña as rich and beautiful. In addition, her daughter is beautiful too. Like mother like daughter ("de tal palo, tal astilla," literally, 'from such a stick, such a splinter"). "And that splinter...," says Meléndez. Santos grabs him and Pernalete and Mujiquita try to separate them.

Santos challenges Meléndez to answer for his insults to Marisela and DB man to man without weapons or Meléndez's guards. Meléndez tells Santos to be careful. He is the law. He is here to find the rebels and those who are protecting them. Santos tell him to do his job and to leave Marisela alone. He orders Pernalete to release Eustaquia but Meléndez responds that is impossible. When her employer comes to answer for her abuse of authority, he will release the servant.

Eustaquia tells Marisela that the rebels have not left the area but are hidden and that they are undoubtedly hungry since she hasn't been able to bring them food. Eustaquia tells Marisela where the rebels are. Marisela leaves the police station telling Santos that Eustaquia is fine and she is going to Altamira.

Santos demands to see Eustaquia as her lawyer. Meléndez says ok. Eustaquia tells Santos not to let DB come for her. She doesn't tell him why, of course, and Santos is confused.

At Altamira, Marisela and Casilda are cooking food and packing it up. Casilda doesn't understand what is going on. Carmelito comes in to ask Marisela about something to do with the cattle but Marisela is not interested. She tells him to do whatever he wants. She is in a hurry. She leaves. Casilda tells Carmelito that since she got back from Progresso, Marisela has been in a big hurry and very mysterious.

Antonio is supervising the movement of some cattle but he is thinking about how Cecilia doubted him and married Lorenzo. Lucía rides up and says hello to Antonio. Antonio hears Cecilia's words about Lucía when he came to see her - that she is pretty and young. "Maybe, I will do what you suggest, Señora Barquero," says Antonio to himself.

Santos runs into Melquíades outside of the police station. Melquíades tells Santos that he has already sent for DB. Santos says that Melquíades should return to El Miedo. There is nothing else to be done here. Melquíades refuses to leave saying that DB needs him now more than ever. Santos asks what Melquíades and Eustaquia know? What is going on that is so important? Why does DB need him now more than ever? Melquíades says that DB is in danger. Santos asks what danger but Melquíades says that he won't say any more. If DB wants him to know, she'll tell him herself.

Gervasia is writing an essay about cows: "The cow is a domestic (doméstico), with an accent on the 'e', mammal (mamífero), with an accent on the 'i'. It gives milk and meat..." Carmelito comes in and asks what she is doing. He says he knows a lot about cows and he will help her. He starts by saying the first two lines of what appears to be a nonsense song that children sing in summer camp: "the cow is an animal all covered in leather who has long legs that reach to the ground," [here is a link to an mp3 of someone named Luis Pescetti singing the vaca song. I will put the words of his version of the song at the end of the recap.] Gervasia asks him to tell her something she can use in her homework. "The cow," says Carmelito, "is the wife (la esposa) of the bull and when she sees him far away in the sabana, [the savannah or the the plains of this part of Venezuela] she calls, Mooo-cha-cho (muchacho = boy), come here."
Gervasia asks what the bull (el toro) says. Carmelito says that the bull doesn't say anything. He just gets closer and closer... and they start kissing.

Marisela comes into El Miedo and is challenged by guards who want to know who she is and where she is going.

Antonio comes into the bar where Santos is sitting. Santos fills him in on what is going on at El Miedo and with Eustaquia. He also tells him that the rebels are hiding at El Miedo but that it was Eustaquia who brought them food and she is in jail. Antonio asks if Santos is going to the cellar and Santos say no. He needs to wait for DB in town. He doesn't understand why but he is sure she is in danger.

At the police station, Pernalete is tired of waiting for DB. He asks what Meléndez' interest in DB is. Meléndez say that it is his business. "And mine," says DB from the doorway, "Here I am, Nicolás Meléndez, after such a long time, we meet face to face again. You wanted to see me and you caught my old Eustaquia so that I would return from my trip. Ok then, here I am. Let her go and we can talk."
M: You are so high and mighty as always, Barbarita.
DB: And you are as disgusting as always.
M: Lovely. You have forgotten something, Barbarita. Now, I am Colonel Nicolás Meléndez.
DB: And I am Doña Bárbara Guaimarán. Never forget it.

Pernalete asks if they know each other or not. Meléndez tells him to butt out.

DB: What do you want with me?
M: I've seen a girl who they say is your daughter and I ask myself, who could be the mother of such a marvel?
DB: Stay away from my daughter, Colonel. Stay away and don't mess with her.

Marisela tells the soldiers that she is DB's daughter and Leon and Tigre confirm it. The guards let her pass. Leon and Tigre ask what she is doing there. They say that no one but they are in the place. Marisela tells them to go and relax. They do as she says.

Santos tells Antonio how to get into the cellar through the tunnel. Antonio says that he will bring food and water to the rebels. Santos asks him to tell the rebels under no circumstances to leave the basement. He thanks Antonio and calls him amigo, friend. [Now two more people, Marisela and Antonio, know about the secret hiding place. The more people who know about the place, the more dangerous it is for the rebels.]

Meléndez and DB-
M: So you are the woman chief (cacica) of the Arauca. Tell me your secret, Barbarita. How did you come so far, Doña?
DB: I'm here looking for Eustaquia not to tell you the story of my life. Do you want me to start from the beginning? If that is so, it would be better to be alone, Colonel, so that we can talk about our "personal matters" ("intimidades").
Meléndez orders Pernalete and Mujiquita out.
M: Together again, Barbarita.
DB: Here I am.
M: What the hell are you going to do with me, Barbarita? Are you going to kill me like the other three?
(DB pulls out a knife and holds it to Melendéz' throat.)

DB: Don't doubt it, low life. Don't have the slightest doubt.

Mujiquita comes to the bar and tells Santos that DB has returned and is with Meléndez. Mujiquita says that it is very strange but he is sure that they have known each other for a long time.

Meléndez and DB-
M: Don't be stupid, Barbarita. If you kill me, you 'll be shot.
DB: Of course I'm not going to kill you. It was a joke. I'm not that stupid, Meléndez. I can't touch you but you can't touch me either. Would you believe it, I also have power and lots of money. I know influential people. So when I heard you were coming, I prepared a document that is very well guarded in the capital and it will be sent to the press if something happens to me. Do you know what the document says? It describes all your past deeds: the murder of my father, the contraband, the death of Asdrúbal and my rape. I'm sure that when that comes out in the press, there will be a big scandal and all your victims will come forward from every nook and cranny. If I kill you, you trap me. If you kill me, the same thing happens. We are within reach of each other. You see why it doesn't suit either of us that the truth is known, torturer.
Santos comes in, "What truth are you talking about, Bárbara?" he asks.


La Vaca

La vaca es un animal
todo forrado de cuero } bis
Tiene las patas tan largas
que le llegan hasta el suelo

Y hay que seguirla,
pumba, pumba…

Desde que vino la moda
de tirar suegras al mar, } bis
la mamá de mi señora
está aprendiendo a nadar.

Cuando se muera mi suegra
la he de enterrar boca abajo. } bis
Por si acaso resucita
siga cavando pa’bajo

El anillo que te truje
nunca te lo vi ponido, } bis
si yo lo hubiera supido
no te lo hubiera trujido.

En la cima de aquel cerro
suspiraba un gato-gallo. } bis
Y en el suspiro decía:
“Quíquiri quíquiri michi”.

Labels:


Comments:
Tanxs so much Jean for this post. You are a real friend .So many questions in my mind, now answered tanxs to your wonderful talent -the kiss principle.
Santos is a real puppet- poor him,
despite his education & intelligence, he does not realize half of what is going on with la Dona..but he feels something is not
right. The exchange with M/S are
beyond what I had understood: she
is still around Atamira bc of her
dad only. I guess then she will
leave when our dear Lorenzo dies.
I am always surprised at M`s maturity & sentimental knowledge..
She, an innocent & unexperienced girl is the one who tells experienced macho Santos(playboy) Santos the difference between an affair/relationship and Love. I find this funny.I guess she has learned about love, relationships thru movies,books,friends/her cousins..Danger..Tia Ceci, but certainly not thru Santos !The novela is at a turning point & really interesting. Gracias.
 

Jean, you have been doing yeoman work on this novela -- thank you very much. Your work is very much appreciated and I am sure that there are many lurkers out there reading and profiting from your labors, also.

I'd like to note some of my own feelings about this show, which is for me turning out to be an odd novela indeed.

On one hand, I am enjoying the story, so kudos to the writers for this, but on the other hand, they have really not given me too many characters to like. For instance:

Santos: The way that the writer intends Santos to be interpreted is ambiguous. Is he subject to witchcraft or is he not? If he is, in my mind, he is still guilty of snobbery and self-centered arrogance in the way he treats those around him. If he is not, He does treat Marisela as a toy, as she told him in this episode. Frankly, the guy is a jerk and really doesn't deserve any woman, IMO.

Marisela: She is supposed to be the savage that is turned into a savant, but all I am getting from her is the same self-centered manipulator as Santos is. She recognizes Santos as using her, but she strings Gonzalo along as her security blanket. In other words, just like Santos, Cecilia, and DB, she is all about herself. When she is not feeling sorry for herself, she is hollering in toddler-level tantrums to all who will not bow their knee, or as you note, Jean, tromping around braless in front of Melendez. This is not independence. It is nothing but stupidity, and only the designs of the writer save her from reaping the results of her foolishness.

Cecilia: Antonio sums her up correctly in this episode, as well. She is totally self-absorbed with feeling sorry for herself and being a martyr. Frankly, she deserves being stuck with a self-pitying drunk like Lorenzo. Mauricio told Antonio a long time back that she liked feeling pain, and he was right. But we did not know then how sick she really was.

This whole outfit is a bunch of bozos.

I do like Antonio. He isn't without faults and does have his limitations, but he is still decent enough, if he can stay sober. I think he'd be a good match for Lucia.

I like Genoveva. She is a fighter and has real spirit and independence, rather than donkey-like stubbornness and braying like Marisela. I think she deserves a real man, like one of the "students," rather than a tomcat like Pajarote.

Speaking of the 3 workers, none of them is worth much. They were all willing to let Antonio carry their water for them and Pajarote, at least, is still willing to take what he can get. These guys are disgusting, IMO. Old Melesio has them pegged. Carmelito is at least paired up with another idiot, Gervasia, but Genoveva and Altagracia can do much better than these other two oafs, who seem to think with the wrong end...

DB is not a particularly good heroine, since she is more an object of pity as a selfish manipulator, rather than someone who has any sense for goodness and justice. Perhaps her single-minded selfishness has a reason or, at least, an excuse, but she is not really an admirable figure.

So, the story winds on and seeing what happens is a desire the writer maintains in my mind, but as far as the characters being intriguing, they are falling a bit short on that score. I am going to find it hard to believe that these selfish louts and loudmouths are going to ever be able to inspire compassion.

None the less, I do have to say I'm enjoying myself.

And again, Jean, I do so appreciate your hard work. Thanks so much!
 

Timoteo- I don't disagree with your comments on the various characters. Their failings don't cause me to like the novela any less, though. Real people have complex motives, sometimes act stupidly and against their best interest.

The writers have made such interesting and best of all, such atypical novela characters and all the actors are so good, that it is a pleasure to watch and a fun exercise to translate.

I will say that I find Santos to be the least satisfying character. It is hard to believe that he could be as besotted with DB as he is.

Marisela, on the other hand, I find to be totally believable. She is as emotional and irrational as any 17 year old would be. Her total inability to realize the danger of dressing and speaking to Melendez the way she does is so typical of a teenager. Yes, she is leading Gonzalo on but she is just beginning to learn about the power she has over men. She has been starved for affection and you can't blame her for enjoying his admiration while she recognizes that she can make Santos jealous by hanging around Gonzalo.

As an older, single woman, I understand Cecilia's fears and insecurities completely.

Even DB is such an interesting character - so tormented by her love for Santos and the past she can't escape. You feel sorry for her and I for one, hopes she succeeds in her plan to kill Melendez because if she doesn't, everybody is in big trouble.

The vaqueros and the terneras are amusing as secondary characters. I am interested in seeing how Genoveva and Pajarote will get together. They are a lot like Beatrice and Benedict in Shakespeare's Much Ado about Nothing.
 

Jean: I think you are right -- there is realism in the characters. Take Marisela, for instance: she does act like a 17 year old. But increasingly when I see her, I feel like doing to her what I did to my own and "stepping on her tail" a little bit. None of the other characters deal with her willfulness except DB, and DB, like the rest, all have their own motivations.

They all profess to love Marisela, but obviously they are all so hung up on themselves that they don't care to institute some curbs on her constant explosions and caprices.

No doubt, her behavior with Melendez and Gonzalo in just starting to recognize the power of her sexuality, but having no idea of the ramifications of exercising that power, is typical of many 17 year olds. Yet, none of the characters does anything about it -- they will pay no personal price for her good.

For example, when she came out on the balcony at Altamira when Melendez was leaving -- if I'd been Santos, I'd have moved heaven and earth afterwards to get across to her the foolishness of her action and to also ensure that it would never happen again -- you heard of the NYC father who handcuffed his drug addict daughter to the hot water radiator? That's what I'm talking about. Anyone with the brains of a slug can see that Melendez is bad news incarnate and, if they loved Marisela, would be doing whatever to keep her away. Even, if necessary, to send her and Gonzalo across the border.

For sure, in the novela cliche, Santos does not have that sort of love that will pay any price, except for himself.

But that's how I'm perceiving Marisela.

Regarding Cecilia, I can't match your empathy with her (as I'm a man), but I can see those same feelings in women around me. For sure, you are right: This is natural and I don't call into question the realism of Cecilia's character.

But the edgy stuff I like in novelas (as in life) is the sort of person who will take the risk and jump -- Cecilia is the sort who won't even bet a quarter on a straight flush in life. Again, it is because she seems to be so self-focused that she can't even do what is best for herself.

There's plenty of folks like that in life, but I can't say I find them particularly interesting. I liked Cecilia's rectitude for quite awhile -- in many cases, her insistence seemed to be an indication of self-sacrifice for a higher good. But as the story has gone on, it seems as if this is nothing but a pose she uses to hide from life.

El Cuerpo del Deseo is on during the day and Gail and I are watching it for the second time around. The character in that show I hate the most is Abigail, and she is pretty much of the same ilk as Cecilia: hiding behind a bogus facade.

I do think that DB is the most interesting character by far. i agree that I can feel sorry for her and know that she's doing what she does because of awful things. (I think that the most satisfaction that I can find in this show is to see her kill all 5 of the rapists... Kind of like the old Steve McQueen movie "Nevada Smith.")

But I do wish that the writers would give her a bit more depth. She is more flat and predictable, like Emilio in "Los Plateados," that she is multi-faceted like Lorena Rojas' Isabel in El Cuerpo del Deseo. Isabel has conflicting good and bad that are constantly at war within, and also the conflict for abandoning herself for love against her need for control.

DB's fight is much more muted, because even her fight for Santos' love is primarily for her own survival. Again, this is natural and realistic, but there's not a lot of inner conflict to chew on like we have with Isabel in ECdD.

The story IS good, I agree. The characters are realistic and believable. It's not as if I cannot recognize their plusses and minuses in real life. It is only that I don't find myself drawn by them into an empathetic relationship. I feel as if I want to "root" for someone, but there's no one worthy of it.

Of course, not every story has that kind of person. Nor should every story have to -- there are good ones without such a person. But if that sort of person is missing, then I'm asking myself, what point is the writer making?

The ambiguity as to whether brujeria is at work or not seems to preclude the original story's point.

Anyway, it is good and both Gail and I are enjoying it -- even more, with your explanations of idiom, and even more than more, with CC1 being on the blink (which is a great help for me.)

We've been a Telemundo house for 4 years now...I'm thinking of going back to Univision. At least their CC1 works.
 

Thanks for the recap, Jean. Enjoyed the interesting comments on the characters.

I also find Santos the least satisfying character, especially since he's suppose to be the galan. I'm hoping he's under brujeria, cause otherwise he's acting like a jerk.

Marisela's recent behavior has been disappointing. She's been so wise and intuitive, except when it comes to staying clear of Melendez. I suppose I can't expect consistency with a 17 year old, but it's novela. She would be the one I could root for most of the time. After suffering for years at the hand of her own mother, I think she's survived and even thrived mucho trauma. While DB just continues to do the same thing.

I'm hoping some of the characters will 'fill out' before the end of the novela. Does anyone know approximately when it will end? By the way my CC1 never stopped working...
jb
 

I really love the novela and don't have complaints about any of the characters. I just commented to a friend who's also watching that I think there's an inverse ratio to telenovelas for me. The more I like them the shorter they are! I loved Amor Real and Doña Bárbara is now in second place. By contrast, Fuego is dragging on and on and I keep watching because I enjoy the Caray, Caray community so much.

Santos personality doesn't bother me. Probably it's because I think Cristian Meier is drop-dead gorgeous! I adore Marisela - she reminds me of my granddaughter, fiercely independent, prickly, but really needing guidance.

DB goes back and forth constantly. Lately I think she's been leaning more toward the good side, demonstrating concern for Marisela.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder