Sunday, December 21, 2008

Tontas Friday December 19

Dear readers/fellow recappers: I'm going to have to take an extended break from recapping now that I have a little one being born any day now, on top of my already busy schedule. I will return! I just don't know when. I'm putting out a call for anyone to take over Fridays for Tontas - if you are interested please say so in the comments, or contact melinama. Thanks!


Santiago tells Candy, by phone, that he’ll never allow her to open her stupid women’s inner beauty clinic.

Charly and Lucia flirt, some talk about boyfriends, then some talk about Charly being her boyfriend, she gets embarrassed and says see you later, Charly plays the game that I first saw in a movie, I think it was “Absolute Power” – Clint Eastwood watches Rene Russo walk away and says if she looks back within ten seconds, she likes him. She looks back. Charly does the same thing, Lucia looks back.

Candy and Marissa sit in the restaurant planning the clinic, Sven and Ole drool over them. Candy says Santiago will help them promote the clinic, and he’ll pose nude in Zocalo (this is some downtown location, my wife tells me). Marissa says no way.

Sven & Ole talk to Meno about finding a girlfriend for him.

Patricio’s father catches up with Pat’s mom – Pat’s mom is the mophead lady from Heridas de Amor and she is just as annoying here in this show. I blamed the character for being annoying in that show, but now I think it’s the actress. Every scene is her acting really annoying. Bleah. Anyway she gets the explanation that the kid is Patricio’s, they just need to keep that a secret from Alicia. Now she is happy to have a grandson, and she is still annoying.

Candy tells Lulu to get the banner ready, plans are in motion, but she won’t tell more.

Santiago tells Chayo that he won’t give her new big boobs, but eventually he promises to talk to Eduardo about it on her behalf. They hug, Hortensia catches them hugging and reproaches Santiago for getting it on with his best friend’s wife.

Sven and Ole, inexplicably, have corralled a group of hot girls for Meno. They appear to have said he is rich or something, no way do these guys get all these hotties to come with them for some creepy setup like this. The girls crowd around Meno, Charly sees and is impressed.

Candy tells Santiago that he is going to help promote the clinic, and pose nude in Zocalo, he says no way, they make a bet.

Patricio’s mom goes nuts about having a grandson, annoyingly.

Candy and her group of women get their promotion plan started, it involves them all wearing a coat. The walls of the office are all a yellow shade (this will become important later).

Charly is serving tequila to all the ladies and his uncle, he is still quite impressed. He asks for ‘one’ – I think he meant a drink, but Meno thinks it’s a girl – and he says “take them all!” then remembers to be macho and says “oh uh no you’re too young.” They all start dancing around the restaurant in a conga line. Isn’t this restaurant ever open?

Santiago’s mom dresses up like Joan Baez for Jaime the pianist, they are going to play a song I guess.

Santiago tells Hortensia that nothing is going on with Chayo, como crees. After, Hortensia says one day the doctor will touch her like she wants and then SHE will ring the bell!

Santiago sees the flyer for Candy’s clinic in the lobby, he laughs, a woman is reading it and he pulls it out of her hand and gives her his business card instead. He goes outside and laughs at the women all standing there. For the press, they all open their coats and are in black underwear (I think) – none of them are showing any midriff, but it appears to be underwear. You ladies will know better than me what this is called. I’m sure it has some froofy French name. For some unknown reason, Santiago tries to stand in front of them and cover their state of undress, I would have expected him to just stand back and enjoy the show. The cameras catch him doing this, then they want to know what he has against inner beauty, he says nothing, he gets tricked into somehow sort of supporting the new clinic. Candy wins the bet.

More annoying chattering from Patricio’s mom.

Santiago and Candy run around and argue in her offices (they are still yellow, it is evening).

Santiago’s mom sings the Joan Baez song, she and Jaime flirt.

Candy goes to Soledad’s house, someone stuck an envelope under the door. It’s a picture of Patricio and Alicia, a message to Soledad that Patricio is TAKEN. Candy sees the picture and can’t believe they got married. I was expecting her to stand up and run off, like she always does, but we go to commercial right away.

Santiago writes a fake e-mail to Rocio, from her mom. Ed comes in, Santiago remembers something and says “you know how to do photoshop, right?” Ed says yes.

Looks like Candy DID just run off, she’s back at home whining. Meno shows up and wants to know what’s up, she tells him. He says he went to see Alicia and her mother. He has Patricio’s business card, which he gives to Candy.

Patricio visits Beto and gives him a soccer ball. I thought he didn’t want anything to do with him, just to provide money? He invites Beto to practice soccer in the morning. Beto wants his friend Chava to come too, Patricio says sure.

Candy creates a fake identity and uses it to send an e-mail to Patricio, asking him if he is happily married, etc. I’m not sure why she is doing this, to be psycho? Meno comes in, sees what she’s doing, and wants no part in it.

Rocio cries while writing an e-mail to her mom, she wants her mama to come visit her, or at least call on the phone.

Candy sends Chava upstairs for bed, telling him “remember to pee!” Outside we hear Santiago say “I already did!” She goes outside, Santiago says since he lost the bet, he posed nude in Zocalo. He gives her a poorly photoshopped picture of his face on a muscular body, wearing nothing but a yellow thong. It’s quite funny. She doesn’t believe him, of course. He decides that he’ll honor the bet now and starts disrobing. As he goes for his pants, Meno shows up and scares him off.

In the morning Chava is in a hurry to go play soccer with Beto at the park. After Beto leaves, Meno asks Candy if she is going to tell Beto the truth about his father. She says he knows that his father is dead, and that’s final. Meno says “yeah, and YOU’RE dead too, and you just wrote him an e-mail!”

Santiago reads Rocio’s sad e-mail, he doesn’t know what to do now.

Candy’s office – now all the walls are orange! The ladies said that last night they remodeled the office for her. One night! Perfect paint job! They couldn’t have started until the evening and here they are all done, dry paint, etc. What a crock. One of the ladies is a little masculine, she wears a vest and necktie, she is going to be sharing Candy’s office. There is a flower on Candy’s desk, Necktie says it must be from someone who admires her greatly – the camera stays on Necktie’s face after she says this, hmmm looks like we have a lesbian secret admirer.

Patricio plays soccer with the kids in the park, this would be a nice scene except for these mothers who let their kids play in the park with unknown men, and Patricio came in a shirt and tie to play soccer. So basically the scene is all wrong.

Candy and the ladies chat some more in the remodeled office. I still have no idea what they are actually going to do there. Does anyone?

Candy goes to Santiago’s office, Hortensia says she isn’t there, in a trembling voice. The other hottie receptionist is there too, no idea what her name is or why Santiago needs two assistants. Candy says whatever, just give him this – and gives her the horrible photo from the night before. Hort and the other one look at it and Hort says she never imagined the doctor like this, the other one sighs and says “I have.”

Candy goes to pick up Chava from the park, sees him with Patricio, and freaks out. She calls Soledad and lies about being too far away to pick up Chava, will she get him? Soledad is right on the other side of the park and sees Candy creeping away, but just agrees to get the boys.

Marissa finds the photo of Santiago on Hort’s desk and tells her she’s fired. Santiago arrives and saves her, saying the photo is a tourist photo thing from downtown, you put your face on this body, funny photo thing heh heh.

Soledad comes to see Candy at the restaurant and asks her why she lied on the phone.

Patricio reads the fake e-mail from Candy on his laptop and is almost busted by Alicia, who never knocks. She wants to know where he has been yesterday and this morning. He tells her to butt out.

Candy tells Soledad the same thing – better you don’t ask.

Patricio brings an America jersey for Beto, they go together to go give a Chivas jersey to Chava.

Rocio gets a puppy from her ‘mama.’ I guess this is how Santiago decided to avoid the visit/phone call from Paulina. She wants to name it Santi, but Santiago says you can’t have the same name as someone who lives there, and the dog is a girl, so she names it Maripa – a combination of Marissa and Paulina, her TWO moms. Santiago gets the “aw crap now what do I do” look again.

Beto runs into Candy as she walks home, he says his friend Patricio is at her house giving Chava a Chivas jersey. She is muy impactada.

Inside, Patricio sees a photo of Candy and wants to know what’s up with that. Chava says it’s his mom. Meno swoops in and sends Chava out of the room, then tells Patricio that Chava is his adopted son, he just uses Candy’s picture to say she is his mom, to make him feel better. Patricio is sure to see Candy any day now, I’m sure of it

Tomorrow – things heat up between Patricio and Soledad, as he continues to prove that he is an absolute dog and has no morals, no matter how nicely he plays with his various illegitimate kids.

Labels:


Comments:
Ferro: I'm not able to watch this program in its entirety, but I read the recaps just about every day. Just thought I'd let you know I'm out here and appreciate your brand of snark.
 

Thank you pasofino!
 

Hombre de Misterio, here's your chance! I recommend you consider doing a substitute recap for Ferro this Friday. If it suits you, maybe you'll want to take the slot permanently. Even if it doesn't suit you, you will be able to say you gave it a try; and besides, you'll give everyone one more week to find a permanent Friday recapper. Think about it. I think you'd be good at it. You make good observations.

Not only that, but I wouldn't be the new kid on the block anymore! The honor would pass to you!
 

Thanks, Ferro* * * I thought that I saw Pat putting the moves on Soledad at the end. [I only half-watch this show while doing otherr things. ] What is up with that ??? Is he a sex addict or something ??? Meh. Is Cande starting some type of women's enpowerment group ???
 

Hombre de Misterio - I agree with Paula, take the leap!

Susanlynn, I still don't know what Candy's group is supposed to be, but I can say as a businessman it is nothing but a money pit so far. They have I think six people on the payroll, great offices, brand new furniture, they have already remodeled before even opening their doors. How much of Marissa's money has gone down the drain so far? Also, this whole bit with Marissa and Candy getting along is the biggest pile of crap. No way.
 

Ah, Ferro, We're going to miss you and your wonderful sense of the absurd.

Thanks for all the smiles, along with the explanations, asides, etc.

Have a wonderful time with your family and the precious new bundle, Daddy's little girl.
 

Honestly, the stuff that happens in this TN is absolutely ridiculous! We hop from one absurd scene to another and none of it is believable. So to answer your question, no I do not undersand what Candy's business is supposed to be nor do I understand how posing in lingerie can be construed as an ad for inner beauty. Maybe because it was all the women and they were saying "hey look at us we think we are all beautiful no matter what body type we have".

Candy emailing Pato...that's just plain weird. Since she is still obsessing about "the kiss" 8 years later I can only think she has never gotten over the cad.

Thank you for pointing out mophead from Heridas. She bugs the heck out of me too. Patricio's parents are both absolutely odious.

We'll really miss you Chris. You're a clever and funny recapper and it's always great to get the male perspective on these things. I wish you all the best with your family and the birth of your child.
 

Oops, I just read my own comment and realized I sound very cranky. Sorry about that! But I still think the story is pretty silly. Oh well, as we've said before, we're not translating the bard here.

My favorite scenes are the ones between Santiago and Rocio. She's really a sweet kid. I dread that she will find out her mom's not e-mailing her and then she'll be heartbroken. I just hope she realizes her dad was only trying to make her feel better.

Isabel speaks English quite well.
 

Chris: Thanks for all of the wonderful recaps. You will be missed. Wishing you and your family much happiness during the Christmas season. You have so much to look forward to. Looking forward to your return.

Also, adding my voice to those suggesting Hombre fill in. Diana in MA.
 

Bye, Ferro~~~Good luck with the little one. I'll miss you. Maybe you can drop in to comment once in awhile. At least let us know when Miss Ferro is born. Sending you and your family good vibrations for a happy holiday and a wonderful new year.
 

Thanks, Ferro. I have not been commenting much because I'm just marking time with this show, but I appreciate your recaps. Good luck with the new baby, and come back soon.

I agree, Hombre de Misterio--you should try taking over the recapping slot.
 

Hombre de Misterio, I've often thought you would make a good recapper. Paula is right, you could give it a try and see how it goes. That's how many of us started, we subbed once or twice and then eventually we were hooked. The great thing about the Friday recap is you have all weekend to post it.

And to all you other potential recappers, Las Tontas is actually a pretty good TN to start with because: yes there is some fast talking however, 1) the body language is excellent and obvious so you almost always know what's going on, 2) since we're not really taking this plot too seriously it doesn't matter if the recap is a quick, short one.
 

Thank you everyone - I keep feeling like I need to tell you "I'm not leaving, just taking a break" so your messages don't sound like goodbyes. I took a break partway through Amar sin Limites too, I was back when Pasion started. I think by summer I'll be ready to jump in again, I'm taking two classes this spring on top of having a new baby, after that I should be in better shape. I can potentially do spot duty as well, don't scratch me off the list.
 

Wasn't it funny how they had a graphic explanation on the sex of the dog--girls have "this" and boys have "that." (I am not being as graphic as the show, but they used real anatomical terms instead of slang, so no bleeping.) Once again, it's impossible to predict what will be bleeped on these programs.
 

Hi all, I've been reading for quite a while, and have posted a few times, though mostly at the end of the novelas to thank the recappers. It seems like lately there's been lots of recappers taking breaks or leaving, and I hope we don't come up short. This is my offer to volunteer to recap one night a week - either FELS or Las Tontas, but if I had to pick, I'd pick FELS. Not because I think it's so good - G-d knows it's borderline torture, but I'm in it for the long haul - I can't bail out now.

I also can't promise to be as snarky as some, but I will do my best! What's a recap without a bit of snark, right? My Spanish is very good - I don't use the subtitles at all. But sometimes the slang expressions elude me at times.

Let me know if you're interested in a newbie! Thanks. Melissa
 

Okay, I'll do it! How could I refuse with all the subtle hints? But I have no idea how to do a recap as opposed to a comment (I mean, how to post it, etc.) Someone please let me know.

BTW, I think the zocalo is the "public square" in most towns. Of course, in Guadalajara, it could be something bigger.

I also think Candi was doing her stalker email to get info about Patricio, not for any devious reason (could be wrong, tho).

I think they said the Institute would have classes like writing, maybe finance, maybe yoga, but not beauty tips or things like that.

Ferro, best wishes to you and your growing family. I've greatly enjoyed your funny and sarcastic recaps with the male point of view.
 

Melissa, wonderful! Thank you for taking the plunge. We always appreciate those with stronger Spanish skills. I don't know you yet since you don't post much, but if you end up on Tontas, I look forward to getting to know you better. You should e-mail the blog mom, Melinama:
caray [at] mappamundi.com .

Hommbre d'M, welcome aboard the ship of T-Cappers. As the first one to encourage you to consider it, a week or so ago, and as the first to start twisting your arm yesterday, let me also be the first to say I'm glad you're doing it.

You should e-mail Melinama as well.
caray [at] mappamundi.com
From your post, I can't tell if you are saying "yes" to a trial run or for the duration, but either way, I look forward to working with you. e-mail me, if you don't mind. paulah88@hotmail.com
 

Yay! looks like the Fuego and Tontas slots are filled just like that. Excellent.

Hombre, Melissa, like Paula said please e-mail Melinama, she will be glad to know that the empty spots have been filled.

I'll still be reading every day for this show and watching when I can, so I'll be around!
 

Okay, I sent an e-mail to Melinama. Just waiting for my assignment! I also figured out what my google account password was so I could actually log in for real - not anonymously!
 

Thanks for volunteering, Melissa and Hombre! I can't wait till you start!

I don't remember "mophead" from Heridas. Was that the younger girl with the weird haircut that looked like shingles, or someone else?

I saw that ten-second rule thing somewhere else recently - I don't remember if it was TV or a movie. It's pretty funny. If someone looks back in ten seconds, how do you know they're not thinking "ew, even worse from far away"?
 

Julie~~~I didn't recognize Pat's mother as Mophead from Heridas, but Mop was the mother of Sergio Sendel and the guy who was novio to Jackie B. [Miranda?] and hub of her sister [the sick one].
 

Yes about Mophead - she was also the boyfriend of (I think his name was) Julio, who had a heart attack and ended up being the biological father of one of her sons. She was basically the same exact person in that show too. Same haircut, same parkinsons-ish constant shaking of her hands and head. Extremely annoying in every way. I was waiting for Patricio's dad to say "divorce? FINALLY!"
 

I couldn't help thinking that Santi is trying to be a good father but his encouraging Rocio to believe her mother gives a rat's behind about her is a mistake. I don't know how he should handle it but the letters and now the dog is too much. What happens when and if Pau decided to come back to Mexico or gets canned due to a crappy economy and has no other place to go. Unless he tells the cold hearted witch what he is doing thqt poor little girl's heart will be broken.

Candi's institute is one of those spa type jobs with cvounseling services, exercise classes, probably a beauty salon. We know this because of those scenes in Guapos.

I thought the previews might be a dream sequence or two with Pat claiming to love Soldead (that poor woman will do ANYTHING to have a father for Beto) and then Santi proposing to Candi. I had a horrifying picture that Univision cut the whole guts out of the novela and we were getting a possible preview of the end. On the other hand i was sick all weekend and might not have understood what i was watching.
 

OK, hurrah! So, Hombre, you'll do this Friday? email me so I can send you an invitation. Melissa has already emailed me so I'll send her a FELS invite. Thanks!
 

Hi all. I did volunteer for this Friday (and all subsequent Fridays). I emailed Melinama, and hopefully, I'll be able to continue Ferro's man's point of view!
 

Awesome! Thanks so much Hombre de Misterio. (I always think of a luchador when I read your name.) You're a champ for carrying on for Ferro.

Also a huge thanks to Melissa for jumping in and volunteering to recap for the site.
 

Thanks for the awesome job in your tenure as our Friday recaper Ferro ;) We will miss you, but know your hands will be full and hope you can drop by from time to time until you can “come back to the fold.” I think the women were wearing boustieres (sp), with the exception of Lulu who was wearing what looked like a long t-shirt with the image of a woman in a boustiere. Santi’s all for admiring scantily clad women, but I don’t think he wanted half the free world to see his girlfriend and the woman he woman he loves scantily clad. Oh, and I think Pat’s dad didn’t want a divorce because the wife said she’d take half of everything!

Sorry I’m writing this one so late, I’m out of town and hadn’t had a chance to read these. I will probably by MIA for the next week and a half or so catching up to these after I get home ;) I had to cover my ears (I know, very mature) as mom started talking about it (she lives close enough to Mexico that she already saw this one and is currently watching Cuidado which is about 2 mos. or more ahead of us).

Susalynn et all, Yes, the new office is some sort of institute for empowerment and the various women included a psychologist, a nutritionist, and Lulu will be teaching cooking and I can’t remember what Candy does and I think Marissa was trying to figure out what to do besides writing checks.

A big welcome to Hombre de Misterio as our new Friday recapper!
 

Ferro, Good luck with the new baby. Enjoy every minute of it then rest up and come back to us. We would miss your talents and snark too much if you just left forever. I took over for you when you needed your last break so I know you will be back. I seem to get enough relieve going off to Spain or Mexico a couple of times per year for about a month each and occasional wild horse or Rocky Mtn. photo shoots.

Hurrah for Hombre de misterio for picking up the baton. And Melissa too, welcome to recap central.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder