Thursday, February 19, 2009

Cuidavo con el Angel, Feb 19, 2009

Omar is awakened from his stupor by Blanca/Ivette and runs away scared.

JM goes to visit Onelia who Balbina says was sick earlier on in the day.

Omar runs to see Lirio/Marichuy and is saying that only she can save her. He thinks he is going crazy and that Ivette is perusing him.

Onelia tells JM that she feels dizzy and that her head hurts. She still cannot believe that Viv was capable of murdering someone. JM feels her pain, but it is what happened. He tells her to go see her doctor tomorrow. Onelia reminds him that she will leave his house on Sunday.

Omar awakens and Marichuy asks him if he feels better. He does and hopes that he caused her no problems with Amador because he stayed the night. She tells him not to worry about it; he did not see him come in. Omar asks did he not sleep here last night. Marichuy informs Omar that he never stays the night.

Eduardo and Beatrice are talking about Amador showing up at the baby’s baptism. Eduardo thinks that he wants her, but she tells him that he just wanted to cause problems. He doesn’t care for her or the baby. She wishes that he would just leave them alone. Eduardo tells her that there is only one way that he will leave her alone and that is to marry him.

Elsa is talking to Nelson who appears to be sleeping. She’s rambling on about Blanca and JM. When Nelson does not respond, she asks him if he is bored with her conversation. When he still does not reply she tries frantically to wake him up.

Beatrice tells him no that she cannot accept. She tells him that once Elsa is free… but all of a sudden Elsa runs up crying and asks Eduardo to help her because Nelson is not responding. Beatrice hugs her.

Marichuy thinks with Omar so drunk last night, he must have dreamt her up. Omar tells her that he remembers seeing Ivette in the garden earlier on that night. And he was not drinking then. Although she is far away in Europe somewhere. Maybe she died and that is why she appeared to me, but it seemed so real. I think I am going crazy and you are at fault.

Rocio goes to talk with Blanca and wants to know what is wrong. Blanca tells her that JM talked to her last night and she thinks that things are going to end with her and JM.

Marichuy says you blame me for what is going on with you? Omar says yes, for leaving me and making me live again all the pain of abandonment. Only you can save me. Only you can help me forget Ivette.

JM goes to check on Onelia again and she tells him that she still feels the same. He tells her that she must go see a doctor. Then dumbass JM tells her that if she needs a couple more days she can have it. Onelia smiles smugly.

Rocio wants to know why Blanca is saying that. Blanca tells her that JM found Marichuy again and now there is a baby. Rocio says what baby? “Did you not know that they have a baby together”, asks Blanca. Rocio is shocked and cannot believe it.

Ceci is looking for Marichuy’s apartment. She rings the doorbell and waits.

JM finally tells Rocio the complicated triangle involving himself, Marichuy and Omar. Suddenly Omar comes in and informs JM that he spent the night at Lirio’s/Marichuy’s.

Olga finally answers the door for Ceci with the baby in her arms. Ceci just stares at the baby.

Omar happily tells JM that there is nothing going on between Amador and Lirio/Marichuy. Rocio interrupts and tells JM that it is time for him to leave for Blanca’s therapy. JM tells Rocio to tell Blanca that he will be with her in a moment; he just needs to talk to Omar for a second. After Rocio leaves, JM asks Omar what he was doing at Lirio’s/Marichuy’s.

Marichuy rides her bike to Wal-Mart and starts buying toys for the orphans. She and a store clerk fill up a shopping cart full. (How is she going to get all that stuff in her little basket on her bike?)

Omar instead of answering JM’s question starts talking about Blanca. JM says that is not what I asked you. What I’m telling you has to do with your question responds Omar. I am suffering from hallucinations. I keep remembering a woman who I thought I had forgotten. I think I have told you about all this. Because of her I was late in helping a woman deliver her baby and they died. That’s why I moved to the hacienda. And it was Lirio who saved me. Did I tell you that I helped bring her baby into this world? (I wonder what in the world was in that coffee that he drank at Marichuy’s because he is bouncing from one thing to another)

Ceci asks Olga who the baby belongs to. Olga tells her that it’s Marichuy’s. Ceci becomes breathless and asks her to let her hold the baby since she knows that she is the grandmother.

Marichuy rides her bike down the sidewalk with a trailer thing at the end hauling all the toys she brought for the orphans behind her. She also brings fruit. The orphans are so happy along with the nuns.

Omar recounts the story of how he helped save Lirio/Marichuy and the baby’s life when she went into labor. He says God gave him another chance to save a life. Do you understand how she came to save my life? That is why I cannot lose her. That is why I keep seeking her out and why I want to be with her for the rest of my life. You don’t know her, but to know her is to love her.

Ceci is so happy to be holding Marichuy’s and JM’s baby. She asks Cande why she was not informed of the baby’s birth. Cande tells her that Marichuy did not want anyone to know about the baby. Olga is nervous and asks Ceci for the baby back, but Ceci begs her to let her hold him a bit longer. Cande tells Ceci that she needs to leave before Marichuy comes home.

Onelia tells Isa that she left the house so that JM thinks she went to the doctor. He’s falling into my trap so that I can stay at the house. Onelia wants to slowly destroy Blanca for murdering her daughter.

JM starts questioning Blanca about her childhood. Was it a happy one? Blanca tells him that her parents were good to her and they died when she was 16. JM asks her how her attitude was after they died. Did she ignore her studies, your interests or activities? No, she had to take care of her little sister who was 13. She was very innocent and very dependent on my mother. So I dedicated my life to her. JM asks her how her sister died. Blanca opens her eyes and does not want to answer the question. JM insists that she tell him so that he can help her. He again asks her how she died. Was she sick or did she die because of something you did? He keeps pressing and finally she yells out that her sister committed suicide and says no more. JM finally says the session is over and he wants her to rest, he will stay with her. He says to himself that she wants to be with Marichuy and their son.

Onelia pretends to be ill coming into the house and Mayita asks her what is wrong. Onelia tells her that the doctor she went to says that her blood pressure is high and gave her some pills to take. She tells Mayita that the reason she’s sick is because she does not want to leave the house and her. Mayita promises to visit her all the time wherever she’s at. Onelia reminds her that she sees her everyday at the castle.

Ceci comes in the living room excited and wanting to tell Patricio where she was just at. He rudely tells her that he knows where she was. He hopes that she was treated better then he was. Ceci tells him that they have a grandbaby. Patricio actually smiles while Estephania is pissed.

JM goes to visit Mayita in her room to say goodnight. She tells him that she cannot sleep without a kiss from him. He gives her one and she asks him why Onelia has to leave. She wants her to stay.

Marichuy and another guy are practicing another play. She misspeaks a word and Amador gets onto her. They continue, but Amador again stops them. He gives them pointers and tells them to start again. Marichuy asks him if they can stop because she wants to go home quickly. She has a funny feeling, but Amador tells her no. They have to finish practicing.

Cande begs the baby to go to sleep. She touches his cheeks and notices that he is burning up.

Eduardo tells Elsa’s parents that Nelson is not doing to good. Elsa’s parents worry about her.

Cande is crying and praying. She decides that Eduardo is the one to call and remembers that he usually hangs out with Elsa so she looks for the number in Marichuy’s address book. She calls and finds out Eduardo has just left. She then decides to call Omar. Balbina takes the message and goes to find Omar but comes across JM and tells him about the phone call regarding a very sick baby.

Marichuy is in the theater and gets a standing ovation. She walks into her dressing room with Olga talking about how Amador refused to let her go see her son before the performance.

JM storms into the apartment looking for his son.

Ceci talks to Patricio all about the baby and how wonderful she feels. Patricio brings her down with his dumb comments.

JM tells Cande that they have to give the baby a bath to bring down the tempeture.
JM has the baby on the bed and tells Cande that the bath seems to have helped bring down the tempeture.

Tomorrow: Olga tells Marichuy that the baby is sick and Omar finally finds out the truth.

Labels:


Comments:
Thanks for the recap Gloria. I'm so excited the plot is actually moving forward.

I am a bit concerned about Omar telling MC she needs to save him. I like the guy and want the best for him but he's got to work through his own problems.

Yes, JM is being really stupid with regard to Oneila but she better watch out. Her daughter got killed messing with Blanca/Ivette.

Tonight's action look really good.
 

Gloria: I really enjoyed your recap - thanks so much.

I'm with Karen in being alarmed at Omar's plea to Mari to save him. However, I do believe he honestly does love her. The fact that it isn't receiprocated in the least continues to have no meaning for him. Perhaps it should...

One thing is for certain: Omar is going to be blindsided again tonight. Didn't JM know or care that the longer he waited the worse it would be for Omar?? Of course, it's only going to go downhill from there as he's yet to find out about Ivette. That will really push him over the edge.

Love JM with his son. Diana in MA
 

Gloria, Thanks so much for the enjoyable recap. You were so capable keeping track of the constantly changing scenes but I agree with Karen that at least we are getting forward movement at last.

I love JM with the baby, he is a real natural as a parent. I have scene pictures of William with his real life small son and he is so involved and enjoying the baby. I also loved Ceci with her new found grandson. That baby is the cutest and most expressive infant I have ever seen in a show. Who wouldn't want to just hug him. He seems calm even when Marichuy is ranting and swinging him back and forth around the room. Very calm baby.
 

That baby is the best actor of the bunch!! The only one who doesn't overact.
 

Thank you so much, Gloria! I’m extra grateful because I got weird captions last night. It looked like somebody was typing them live like they do for the news - the captions were jerky and fell way behind, with captions from the previous scene still being typed well into the next scene. When they got too far behind, they’d just give up and go to the next scene. The upshot was that I was very confused and lost a lot of the time, so I was super-glad to read your great recap.

Omar is so excited about his Lirio that he doesn’t notice that his buddy JM is looking unhappy and disapproving every time Omar talks about her.

Mari sure didn’t pick gifts carefully for the orphans. She was just pulling things from the shelves without really looking at them. I would have gone for stuffed animals. When we see the kids at the orphanage “clean and combed” as my mother used to say, with loving nuns to care for them, it makes me wonder why Mari fled in the middle of the night years ago.
 

Gracias Gloria. A great recap of an exciting episode. I had non-glycerine tears when Ceci was holding her little nieto and even more when JM was cuddling him. But who in heaven's name would leave a feverish baby lying on top of the blanket, completely uncovered except for his diaper. I know JM was pleading with Cande that pediatrics was not his specialty, but puh-leeze! he is a doctor, isn't he?

And Maggie, I had el mismo problema with my captions, so I turned them off (a decisive moment for me, I'm so chicken) and Guess what? I actually understood more than I thought I would. A milestone on the road to eventual recapping.

Someone commented in an earlier post about JM's wayward coif and I have to say that there is a precedent. As it happens, we rented "East of Eden" from Netflix and as my husband was home with the flu, I caught a few minutes of it in time to see James Dean channeling William Levy over the decades. Wow! what a ringer. The hair, the slouchy hips, the little facial mannerisms. This guy knew he was cute.
 

Gloria: Thanks for the recap.

Well, Omar deserves the title of Mr. Stupid of the Year, with JuanMi his first runnerup. Omar meanders in his own world unaware that he's looking right at Ivette and that Lirio/Marichuy really doesn't love him. Wake up, Omar!

I'm grateful that this novela is moving forward. I was about to call it a day.
 

Yeah, this has been a really good week. So much happening! And lots of JM smiles!

Does anyone else think that maybe Omar really is mentally ill? I mean, he's definitely got a bit of delusion going on, but also he seems maybe bipolar to me.

Patricio is such a jerk. For a moment there I was pleased when he actually smiled about the baby, but then he was back to his usual parade-raining. Why can't he just Ceci have a little happiness?
 

Say, Agnes, you can recap using captions! I am living proof of that – I’m dead in the water without them. You always have such a wonderful style in your comments, why don’t you give it a try? I think Julia still has a couple of dates that need filling while she’s on vacation, so consider covering one of those. You’ll find it’s a lot of fun.
 

Yes, Debbie kindly offered to recap next week (the 24th), but I'll be gone two more weeks after that. She said she might be willing to recap again depending on how the first one goes, but those dates are still open for volunteers or for someone to post a blank page for discussion if no one wants to do the recap.

I'll be back to pick it up on St. Patrick's Day (March 17)...hope the luck of the Irish is with us and exciting things have happened.

How has Omar not grasped that Ivett is Blanca? Hasn't the newspaper been publishing all the details of her case? He knows for sure that she has multiple personalities. He thinks Ivett went to Europe, but that was a long time ago and the planes go both ways. He saw her on Blanca's balcony. Didn't they all end up having dinner so he could see her dressed up but know that she was Blanca? Or did JM just have that chat with Blanca, and then they went to bed hungry and Omar went out to get drunk? Make...the...connection...
 

I can do a day provided it's not when I am also away (March 6 - 14). Just tell me which one to do.
 

Nina--the other day that's available while Julia's out is March 3. I'm doing Feb. 24 and can also do March 10 if no one else can.

LOL Julia at your "the planes go both ways" comment. Omar does seem a bit unstable lately--what a pair he and Blanca would make. I think I liked him better when they were at the hacienda. It's just weird when he gets all giddy talking about Lirio with JM.
 

I can do March 3. My friend at Univision just e-mailed me to tell me that there is no Cuidado on the 24th, because Pres. Obama is speaking. You might as well do March 10 then.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder