Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Fuego - 2-2 Mon. - There's no singing in this one except for the canary...

We start with Coyote and his loyal dead pets learning that Feo killed Libia.

Evil Uribe is fretting to Ruth because he can’t get close to Soledad, that the house is surrounded.

Pa Uribe tells Root someone tried to kill el Padre and he found a dagger in the horse stalls so knows it was Fer that tried to kill him. He has it hidden and won’t tell her where it is. Root adds to the hatred by telling Pa said Fer tried to abuse her last night, but Coyote saved her. Uribe warns her she needs to stay close or her enemies will get her. Root wants to leave here for a new life but first wants to find out who her brother is, and she thinks that Sole and her brother might actually forgive him if he tells the truth that he was a victim of Gabi and they can all go somewhere and live together far away from here. What is she smoking? These people have sworn vengence for 40 years and all of a sudden they are going to play nice nice? Didn’t they already live somewhere else for a long time anyway? Hmm…

Ruth tells Pa she’ll see if she can’t change things, she’s going to look for Sole. She tells him…don’t move. He’s thinkin’ “I won’t but I’ll drink this fifth of tequila….”

Fer gives money to Gabi as and advance on the contract they signed. He does it as a sign of his “loyalty” for Gabi she accuses him of having something to do with Ruth, of course he denies it and yells at her for trusting a guy whose full name she doesn’t even know over him? Well, he does have a point there.

Ruth is interrogating Sole and tells her she knows her Dad and he really loved Sole. She wants to know who he bro is. Bro, with pets in tow, shows up and admits to her he is the brother.

Ruth is all excited. Sole leaves them to chat. He tells her how much he wished that he could have gotten to know her, but life didn’t allow it. She syas they still have time to be together and start over. He says he almost wishes she wasn’t around him. He can’t tell her why and asks her to leave, but he’ll look for her later. She begs him not to disappoint her that he is her only hope. She gives him a huge backwards hug. He makes that funky sad smile and proclaims he will have to disappoint even against his will, sorry, he’s got to kill Daddy, or something.

Fer is yelling some crap at Gabi but she’s not listening. Oh no, she’s telling herself she thinks it’s best if he thinks she does believe in him, and if he betrays her she’ll undo him. She then says she has to go see the padre and asks him to come in.

Ruth goes to look for Pa but he’s not there. She wants to tell him who his son is but he betrayed her and left. And we see indeed he drank nearly that whole tequila bottle. I’m surprised he could walk anywhere.

Gabi shows up to see the padre but Juan wants to prevent her from going in. Juan warns Feo he suspects him of doing this but Feo says nope, besides I’ve confessed to him many times that makes it impossible for me to kill him. Juan says watch out, if he dies you will be first on my sh*t list.

Gabi tells Pad that she never really repented, ha! He goes into shock and she tells him nothing would thrill her more than if he died. Nice. The nun goes for the doc and Juan comes in and is told by Pad to go and find the bishop.

Ruth is on happy pills as she paces and wonders where her drunkard Pa went off to so she can tell him who’s her bro.

Juan essentially kidnaps the bishop from Puebla.

Feo returns Ma to rest and proclaims that damn priest has more lives than a cat. That’s because he lives in Telenovela land. He walks into his office and who is there but evil Uribe who shows him the bag that had the hidden dagger in it. Evil Uribe says now they are even that he knows the secet so don’t f with him.

Juan returns with the Bishop who kicks Juan out. Finally this guy has some balls. Tad wants to reveal a secret of confession to the bishop. Bish is impactado.

Ruth and Crabbi’s turn to face off. Crabbi throws out insults about Juan rejecting her and that they are the sameshe knows Ruth pulled the serpent on the babies. Nope, Ruth doesn’t want to end up like her it gave her pleasure to be bad to people but Ruth had no choice but she will be saved. Ruth swears she will be saved by her brother. The son of the only woman that Ricardo really loved. Crabbi will know soon enough who he is. So take that.

Coyote is spying on Ruth leaving the hacienda and he deduces that something is bothering her. He wonders if he should give up his revenge to help her out. He has to think really hard about this. I say don’t think too hard lest you crack that egghead of yours. He recalls that Feo killed Libia and decides that Juan needs to know this.

Bishop refuses Pad’s request. Pad’s talking anyway he decides. Let God judge him.

Juan gets the news that Coyote wants to see him. He tells Oscar he has to go because it’s about Libia. Somehow evil drunk Uribe marches on the scene. He makes fun of Juan as the hero and Juan says look I know you offed Raquel you had a motive, remember those documents. Justice will catch up with you and you’ll pay. Urbie jibes, yeah just like it did the killer of your parents, you lost. This was great. Buffed Juan is no match for the Uber drunk Uribe and he clocks him to the floor. Uribe gets up eventually and wonders what Juan is going to Coyote for and maybe he needs to see Gabi about it.

Gabi goes to see Sole. She wants to know who the son is. Sole of course isn’t giving up the goods. Crabi curses her and then comes back with a can of gas and waives it in front of Sole’s face. She can of course smell what it is and screams. The thing I’m wondering is, this happened once before, so wouldn’t your next move be to try to run out the door? I know she’s blind and all, but she knows how to get to her front door I think, she could at least try while psycho beatch is pouring gas all over the place. But, alas, she waits too long and gets knocked out with a giant cross instead. Now she’s done for.

Uribe catches up with Coyote on the road to his house and wants to ask him what he’s going to tell Juan. He tells him it’s about a Reyes death, why? Might you have something to do with one? He says people have thought so, but I killed no one if Gabi said so it’s a big fat lie. Hmmmm Coyote whips out his trusty peace of snakeskin and says well what’s this??? Uribe looks impactado. Coyote says I know you killed Raquel, but I’ll have to deal with you later. His gunmen move it to make sure of that.

Looks like Sole is coughing so maybe she’ll be ok.

Coyote is not far now, but of course he almost runs into Gabi as she is trying to get away. He tells her to watch her driving. She wants him to hang out a little, but he says nope, I have to talk to Juan, sorry. She says, Juan he’s my enemy what business do you have with him? He says well that’s just it. How stupid you are. I got close to you to do away with you, you are my enemy, I am the son of Uribe and Soledad you idiot. Gabi is impactado.

We are left with a millisecond of a brawny guy in a giant sombrero busting in the door on the burning house. Guess Juan saves the day?? We’ll see tomorrow.

Labels:


Comments:
Oooh, great recrap Rosca de Reyes. Thank you! Pretty exciting episode, too.

Isn't that the same Dispensario that used to have the noisy water fountain?

What's up with Darth Rico chugging booze all the time? Maybe he'll die of alcohol poisoning, or fall off a cliff.

I, too, was wondering why the heck Soledad didn't run out the front door at the first whiff of gas. Puh-leeze! That sombrero of Juan's is a major fire hazard. Death by quemasombrero?
Gaaaaaaaah~!

I thought Gabi hit her over the head with a big cross. ?

If Padre Tadre dies, will this be the longest, drawn-out death scene in telenovela history? He's down two episodes, at least one to go . . . or will he recover? I will stay tuned.

Maggarita - Mean, evil Darth-like boss blocked you from Caray. Caray? I can hear them now...."Maggarita (heavy noisy Darth-Vader-like breathing) I am your employer" Ack!
 

Kris, an exceptional recap of a very eventful episode. I loved "Coyote and his loyal dead pets"...

I admit that I felt badly for Ruth. When she found out Coyote was her brother, she seemed to be truly happy for the first time. While her perfect fantasy family will not come to pass, at least she is enjoying the illusion of it, at least for a while.

Things are occurring at breakneck speed and the show has redeemed itself by cleverly giving the villans center stage and relegating the heros/heroines to supporting players. Crabi and Feo are clearly doing masterful work with their characters. Although Crabi hasn't actually killed anyone (although she's certainly tried), she is at least (if not more) evil than Feo.

I hope the Padre and Coyote are around when the smoke clears. Diana in MA
 

Kris, a great recap of an exciting episode. I'm not a big fan of the Padre, but he really needs a 2nd opinion before he croaks. A blood transfusion would be a good start and further evaluation of the stab wounds would also be in order. Coyote has gone all Hamlet on us. It's time for him to stop dithering and go into an action mode. I hope Juan is able to rescue Soledad. By wacking Soledad with the cross, Gabriella has confirmed her reservations in Hell and I suspect a spectacular demise to boot. Carlos
 

This comment has been removed by the author.
 

Fine recap, FdeRdeR, but the posting on the main page had an annoying line of gibberish that recurred every few lines...WOW!, lotsa action in this episode- Crabiela showing her true colors- faking repentance, and attempting to murder a blind woman, using a cross to knock her out! Wonder if her absolution by Pad Tad is going to count at the pearly gates like she thinks it will. she truly deserves an ugly end now. I think that she is the most evil of all, because she pretends (and believes!) that she is a pious christian. Feo and Ricky have no such pretense. My prediction is that those two will off each other. That way, neither Juan nor Coyote will have to dirty their hands with their deaths. Crabi will die by way of the tainted meds that Coyote gave back to her, but the blame will go on Feo. Coyote and Root will make the sibling connection, and save each other. I still think that Pad Tad will officiate at the triple wedding that we know is coming, so he won't die. I probbaly have it all wrong, (not NEAR gooy enough, I know), but that's the way it looks to me now. How many more episodios? When's el Gran FinaL?
dorado dave
 

Make that "goofy" enough...
 

Thanks for the funny recrap, Fuego. I think Crabi's demise must be by her greatest fear which is enclosed spaces and we know that Feo is the one who knows this as he has already tried this eons ago by digging that hole for her in the back of the hacienda. But burning or whatever will do just fine as an alternative.
I missed the extra good parts by tuning into the Bachelor to see who were the final four picks. I am definitely going from bad to worse in my tv tastes. So thank you for filling me in on all the good stuff I missed. Will try You Tube later.
I hope Coyote is a member of PETA and those are synthetic foxes around his neck. They are so tiny...very bad if they're real. GinCA
 

Great recap of a fast-paced episode. I agree it's much more fun with all the villains taking center stage. I think Crabi has to die from her own stupidity, probably in trying to kill someone else. Darth Rico doesn't even seem that bad these days, but I do have to remind myself he 1) killed Juan's parents, and laughed about it, 2) hit Raquel all the time and 3) apparently cheated Feo's father a while back. Still, he seems mild compared with Feo (who's actually killed at least 8 people)and Crabi, who's tried killing a bunch by herself, and was an accomplice in some of the other attacks. Not to mention hitting a blind woman with a cross!
 

I never thought this actor (Darth) seemed evil enough in Alborada either. He has scary bug-eyes but a rather mild aura.
 

Thanks all, yeah sorry about the gibberish, those following Tontas know that I have had laptop issues lately and well I'm using my old one that runs Windows 98 and I've been ok going through firefox, but it does put in text for the paragraph breaks and I can't fix it until I get to another computer. It's fixed now.

Also thanks for pointing out the very important symbolic cross that smacked Soledad. In my haste at the end while typing I failed to observe that. I changed it in the recap now though.

I think Coyote's little "shawl" or is it a jacket lapel, might actually be, well, coyotes. Not your typical formerly living adornment, but he is not typical, remember, and he is El Coyote....

(PS, I do think they are fake regardless of what animal)
 

Melinama, since you obviously know a lot about novellas, what is the deal with "Darth" having no eye lashes? Is it part of the whole snake thing - his eyes really remind me of a snake!

Over the holidays my son was in town and after explaining all of the characters in FELS he reminded me that in Star Wars, Darth started out good, turned evil and then turned good again just before he died. Do you suppose that will happen here?


Rosamaria in Tx
 

I think they've made rather too much of Pad Tad's breaking the seal of confessional as his last act for him to survive. I think he's a goner. The actor is doing some real effective method gasping, but the non-union makeup department didn't do their part and his face is just distracting.

I like the idea of Crabi getting hers somehow in a way that accentuates her claustrophobia. She outdid herself last night, tormenting a dying priest and trying to burn up a blind woman.

I think Coyote's life expectancy has gone down in direct proportion to how much he knows about the deaths of Libia and the Reyes padres. Don't think they'll let all the cats out of the bag this week. Hope Juan saves Soledad. But then Crabi would be toast because S knows she did it. Maybe they'll come up with a convenient coma.
 

That was a great episode and a great recap! Before I was wondering why Soledad didn't run for the door, my head was spinning about how Gabriela got in there in the first place. Darth had been musing about the place being surrounded by armed men just a few minutes earlier in the episode. Coyote would not have been careless enough to pull all his men off Mom duty to accompany him in his spying on Root and others.

Apparently the Bishop of Puebla's beanie has been way too tight and he's forgotten he's still a priest and not just an administrator. "No, I have too much paperwork, I can't go see one of the most selfless parish priests working in diocese who's been brutally stabbed and is lying at death's door and has sent a large sombreroed campesino specifically to fetch me for an urgent deathbed confession - deadlines, you know!" What kind of garbage was that?
 

Okay, Gabi has some serious piro issues and needs to go out in a blaze of glory of her own! And I agree, where did everyone watching Soledad go? Ugh!

The Bishop was a jerk. You can't deny someone a final confession. That is just crazy!

I'm currently directing to plays with heavy Catholic overtones and am really having to reach into my brain to explain to the actors, none of whom are Catholic, what they are talking about. Some of the religious stuff in this show is getting on my nerves right now.

Gabi, Feo and Rico can't have their come uppence soon enough!

Oh, and thank you for the awesome recap! Don't want to forget to say thank you.
 

Thanks, Fuego ~ That doubleheaded fox collar of Coyote's really creeps me out. My aunt had one ...the poor little fox had to bite his own tail when she fastened it . Bleccchhh. PadTad looks like de3ath warmed over. How about a little oxygen for the guy ????
 

I wonder if Juan rode Capricho all the way to Puebla and did the Archbishop hitch a ride or ride his own donkey or, heaven forbid, use a car to return to the Dispensario? GinCA
 

There are 207 episodes & tonight is #188, so we are getting there, 4 more wks.
For those that like Fernando Colunga, this is a great picture from Pasión.

http://geocities.com/wredmoon2001/k0405.jpg

Wish I knew how to make him my wallpaper.

Variopinta
 

Molly - It's not that the bishop was denying PadTad a confession, but that PadTad wanted to break the confidentiality of someone else's confession. Therein lies the rub. Tad wants to either 1) tell on Gabi or 2) tell on Feo or 3) rat them both out. What is confessed is sacred, like lawyer/client or doctor/patient privilege, and the priest cannot repeat it. Tadeo wants to tell the bishop, since he (PadTad) knows about all their evil-doing. Bishop is like, "no way, dude, it's against the canons" and we're here in front of the TV yelling, "tell him anyway before you croak!"

doris
 

oops, tonight is episode 189, yea one more down

variopinta
 

I just think it was cold of the Bishop to even think twice about going to see Pad Tad, regardless of what we wanted.

If I ever harbored any sympathy for Gabriela, it's gone after last night. She truly is evil. I loved the Coyote's confession that he's her enemy. It was so straightforward and matter-of-fact - talk about an abrupt about-face. That news must have left her hyper-impactado! Except that she's laughing inside thinking she's got the final word because his mother is roasting as they speak, or so she thinks.
 

hmmmm...Maybe will be trapped somehow inside Libia's cavetomb and spontaneously combust.
 

Thanks for covering my sorry butt again, K!

I still haven't seen this yet, except for the last two minutes where Coytoe's like "I'm your worst nightmare." I can't believe I'm actually looking forward to watching FELS now... but it still doesn't make up for the months and months where nothing was happening. :-)
 

Thanks for the recap K. I too can't believe how much is going on now. As Julie noted, it doesn't make up for months of nonsense but if we can try to pretend it didn't happen, then we can just try to enjoy the ride now!
 

A great recap, k. I'm thinking I've never seen patricide allowed in these things, but who knows? Anyway, that's why I'm convinced Coyote will be redeemed and will somehow push Darth towards La Justicia and let it take its course. That way he wouldn't fail Root and the trust she's put into him and their future relationship.
 

Fuego--thanks very much for the recrap! I am now glued to my TV set at 9:00PM like never before. Too bad we can't all catch a case of Juan's amnesia and blot out those 2 months of La Llorona and the Jungle of Doom.
Well, Juan leaping over the flames to the rescue looked like Capricho taking a high hurdle. Cool.
"Creemelo"
 

I didn't see him leap back out.

variopinta
 

Wouldn't Root make an excellent nun?
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder