Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Tontas Tuesday February 24, '09 We're Circling The Drain But We Haven't Gone Down Yet

Well, I could be talking about tonight's episode or I could be talking about the Buckeyes basketball game (going on in the background while I type)...we've squandered a 17 point lead and may be extending our losing streak. But I digress...let's get back to our protagonists' losing streaks 'cause they're floundering right along with us.

No rehash again tonight which is a blessing. But we start where we left off, with an unhappy Beto, sulking by the door after his mommy has nixed an outing with Patricio. He's telling her she's a bad mom. She's defending herself, saying she needs to limit the visits to once a week at an agreed upon time. Beto wants to see his dad every day. Soledad murmurs unhappily, "I'm not bad. I'm not bad." But she doesn't look like she believes it. And neither does Beto.

Well, how about our "bad boy"?...Eduardo? His bliss with Chayo was short-lived. All night long he was evidently dreaming about the well-endowed patient and murmuring about big "bubis" in his sleep. Needless to say, breakfast with Chayo was frosty indeed, and I'm not talking cereal ,folks. Santiago keeps reassuring him he has an "out" (salida). He can give him an excuse on a silver platter (charola de plata). Just tell Chayo he was reconsidering her operation and now is ready to give her the go-ahead.

Okay...switch from that lighthearted topic to an icky scene with Marissa. (Let's face it, all scenes with Marissa are icky). Santiago's running a little "testing 1-2-3" gambit with the bambino, thinking ahead to soccer games when he's three years old and Marissa does one of her quick hormonal switches from being happy about the baby attention to being jealous about the baby attention. He loves the baby more than her! (darn tootin' sister) She tries to get Santiago to swear that he'll love HER and the baby forever. He evades the need to swear. This makes her even more anxious. She knows he's still thinking about Candy.

Although Marissa is repugnant in many ways, I still feel sorry for her. Having been in situations where I was determined to "luchar por mi amor" as well, and remembering all the pointless, useless ways I have tried to make unworkable situations "work".....well, I sympathize. But I hope she can fast forward to maturity and make the wise decision to give up this forced wedding.

Meanwhile, our main gal ,still moving with glacial speed toward maturity is our Candy. Barb's quizzing her on the last time she's been with a man and is astounded to learn that her one and only time was when she got pregnant with Chava. And he's how old now?! (Okay, we know because we've had this conversation before. Circling the drain, circling the drain.)

Santiago and Eduardo are in the scrub room having their usual talk about...well, sex...with maybe a touch of romance thrown in and who should be lurking outside the door at a crucial point but Chayo. Eduardo's saying there's no way (ni ocho cuartos) he's letting Chayo have surgery because she's perfect. And not only that, she's loving, faithful and true. Outside the door, Chayo is squealing with delight.

Now when's the last time an overheard conversation in a telenovela has led to good things? Our little couple is clearly operating under a benevolent star today.

The conversation in the therapist's office isn't going as well. Marissa, twisting in the wind, is talking about her ups and downs, her mood swings from love to hate, obsessing over the painful conversation she overheard where Santiago declares his love for Candy to Tio Meño. And even worse was the e-mail from Santiago to Raúl about that selfsame love. Words spoken can be blown away, but words written...there's no getting around them. The therapist warns her about her destructive and conflicted feelings and also notes that it's bad for the baby.

That's it for Marissa. Our time is up, she says, flouncing out. But the therapy isn't finished. I'm discharging myself, snaps our borderline mom-to-be.

Whew. Cute scene is next. I was ready for a break. (And we're up by 8 right now.) Charly's at the door with a big bouquet of roses. He looks absolutely adorable. Lucia looks like a zombie. Completely expressionless. She doesn't want any more "lios de drogos" (drug problems). He promises and we hear the classic litany "perdoname" followed by her "prometemelo, juramelo" and again, his "perdonamelo". He asks for a little kiss. She says no. He turns to go. She says yes. They kiss. Suddenly a loud menacing clap is heard from Donato. Whoops. Now more clapping. He approves. They kiss some more. Lots more. Ah, young love.

Another comic interlude...this time an Iron Chef cookoff between Gregoria and Lulu. They've made a heap of different dishes and are tasting and critiquing each others' creations. There's some bickering back and forth, and some serious menacing but the upshot is....It's a tie. Or so says Zamora. So Gregoria retains her chef's hat and her position in Meño's kitchen. The scene ends with Gregoria receiving a call from....you guessed it, Arturo, Patricio's dad, wanting to meet her later. What gives with that? Time will tell.

Back to the scrub room. Eduardo is showing the sexy secretary what products need to be ordered when Chayo sweeps in, tells her she's got the day off and latches onto Eduardo. She's all over him apologizing for her bad mood that morning, reassuring him she trusts him completely (kiss kiss) and oh my, how handsome you are (kiss kiss, grope grope, sink to floor and the rest is up to your imagination, folks). Must say I liked this scene. And I've got a good imagination. Hope nobody gets a rug burn.

Gregoria's nervously waiting at the restaurant. She's obviously not good at secret rendezvous. In walks, not Arturo, but Arturo's wife. What are you doing here? she gasps.

Fast break to an old conversation. Meño and Candy again. He's saying Santiago loves her and is the man for her. She's saying she's afraid and besides Santiago's going to marry Marissa. The romantic music plays. We've heard it all before and we'll hear it again. Tonight even! The one good moment was when he asked, How can YOU be a counselor? Indeed.

Alright, back to our uncomfortable Gregoria and Arturo's wife (can't remember her name, poor dear). Said lady is blithering on about Botox and how Dr. Carmona-Lopez has finally agreed to do some more work on her. Gregoria's trying to slip away, pleading a shopping trip with Candy when whoops...Arturo walks in...starts to turn away but then is spotted by his wife. Why didn't you tell me you were going to be in Guadalajara? And how did you know I'd be here?" Do you have a crystal ball?

Well, he's got a couple of crystal balls because he actually has the chutzpah to say he's there because he's meeting Gregoria. Wow...que hombre! Of course they switch scenes so we're left to wonder how he's going to salvage this one.

Back at Candy's the doorbell rings. Meño answers. Someone has delivered a package. It 's a CD disc that Candy is to watch ALONE. It's Santiago. He's holding up a series of posters saying Te quiero. Ich liebe sie. (It should have been "Ich liebe dich") Je t'aime. And I love you. Then he wants her to put forth her hand, close her eyes, don't say "nah ah" and voilá, he's there...saying I want to see you. I want to see you the rest of my life.

There's a big hug. But of course this scene is going nowhere. (Circling the drain. Circling the drain.) She can't deal with the guilt. He's going to marry Marissa. So he tries another tack. Does Patricio make you happy? Again, the writers makes us wait for the answer. But here's a clue...circling the drain.

Alright, so how's Arturo handling his little contretemps? Well, he's explaining that he's meeting Gregoria in order to get her to tell Candy to lay off Patirico. She's already ruined his life once. He's not letting it happen again. Wifey doesn't look too convinced...especially since Gregoria is all but writhing and looking guilty as hell...but she finally let's it go, saying....Well, enjoy the company of my charming husband, Gregoria.....and exits. Why didn't you tell her I was just a friend, stammers Gogo, after she leaves. She never would have believe me. I don't have any woman friends. (or any friends for that matter). And I think I'm going to move here, Arturo continues. With your wife? Well....if I can't get rid of her. Gregoria's really getting upset now and Arturo notes tenderly that he loves women who are "culposas". That word's not in my dictionary but I assume it means "guilt-stricken". Well, found it finally in my Larousse and it says "negligent" or "imprudent". Hmmmm.

And now back to the main event: Candy, Santiago and their endless I-Love-You-Forget-Me discussions. This time he goes all literary on her and brings up the Divine Comedy. Hell is defined as being near the loved one eternally without being able to touch her. Proximity without intimacy.

Oh, gosh, that wasn't in the Divine Comedy. Turns out somebody other than Dante said it. Maybe it was a bartender. Well, no matter. It's true. So there.

They reminisce about their first meeting. Candy was the "merchandise" and it was "look, but don't touch". And by golly, the rules are still the same. Forget me, she says. He begs her to say"Doctor Plastico"....it's become a tender term for them. He makes puppy dog eyes. She does too. The romantic music plays. She says, "Adios, Dr. Plastico". And I'm bored blue. Honestly, how many times have we seen this scene? Get on with it already.

For once I'm happy to break for an ad. When we come back, Santiago is trudging out the door and our sad little matchmaker Meño is murmuring, It didn't work out, right? She wants to forget me, sighs Santiago. But please, Meño, come to my wedding. I'd miss you if you weren't there. We see Candy with one tear running down her porcelain don't- touch- me cheek and Meño consoling her and blah blah blah. I want to care but I just can't. I'd much rather watch Chayo and Eduardo rolling around on the scrub room floor. (Did I just say that?)

Okay, toxic dad Patricio is throwing another monkey wrench in a mother's plans. This time he wants to take Chava to the country for a camping/fishing trip. Through clenched teeth Candy tells him he should have checked with her first. Because she doesn't want to let him go. Well, how about we go as a family? suggests Patricio. I'll take him myself says Miss Frosty. Oh...and the flies, the ants, the spiders, the scorpions? grins Pato. Sounds like it's gut check time for our heroine.

Soledad, at the office, gets a call from the lawyer handling her divorce from Jorge. She doesn't want to go alone but Chayo's having lunch with Eduardo (a nooner!), Ceci has a dental appointment, Candy's working on her Institute course... so they send her off to look for Lulu at the restaurant. This leads to a very strange scene with Zamora flirting like mad and finally ending up going with her to the appointment in Lulu's place. Complete in his mariachi/cum waiter costume. Random comedy. Kinda lame. What can I say.

And a brief scene with Patricio and Alicia, ever the energizer bunny wannabe wife, trying to talk business, then trying to talk monkey business...appointment with gynecologist, let's make a baby now etc. and getting the brush off again.

Weird scene with matchmaker Meño waving a transparent bikini bottom in Candy's face when Santiago walks in again. Noooo he hasn't given up. He's back to say that he's miserable without her. Hell, we're all miserable. Work it out kids. Of course she's still not playing. Suggests that if he has the keys to Marissa's apartment that they go there. Bizarre idea. She maintains that it's important to see where their love evolved, all that they lived and to see Marissa's diary which must talk about their first kiss etc. Man, this whole scene just seems wildly inappropriate to me. But on it goes, with Santiago picking up his desecrated photo and pointing out all the "love you's , hate you's scrawled on it. Candy, in another non sequitur, leaves so Santiago "can think about it". There's nothing to think about! he mutters. And I agree.

Back to Pato and his neverending quest. He's brought a tent for Candy. Of course she doesn't know how to put it up. So he pleads to go along, once again. Let's be a family. Let ME be the husband this weekend. Close your eyes (didn't Santiago just say this?). Imagine the night. Full of stars. The moon. You. Me. Our son. A campfire. As a sweet trumpet begins to play romantic music, their lips meet in tender, familiar kisses.

So we leave our eternally frustrated lovers circling their various drains. Alicia's swirling around Pato to no avail. Santiago and Pato are circling Candy and getting nowhere. Arturo's circling Gregoria but we're not sure why. And Chayo and Eduardo? Hey...now there's a happy thought. Let the good times roll.

Previews: Marissa's on the verge. Barbara tries to talk to her and Marissa accuses her of pushing her into the chair and being aggressive. And the talk...as a friend or as a therapist? (Hey, I'm voting for therapy AND medication.)

And we won! Pulled our chestnuts out of the fire. Snapped a three-game losing streak. Maybe there's hope for these folks yet.

Vocabulary:
charola de plata = silver tray
hecha bolas = confused, muddled
puntiaguez (that's what the closed captions said anyway) puntiagudo(a) means sharp or pointed. Santiago used the term when talking to his son in Marissa's swollen belly
culposa, culposo = refers to an act that is imprudent or negligent
ni ocho cuartos = no way
salida = exit, way out

Labels:


Comments:
Judy, you're very clever using the motif of circling the drain (how apropos!) and tying it in with the Buckeyes. Congrats by the way.

I am so with you on being tired of the Candy/Santi merry-go-round, same scene over and over. That weirdness about Candy wanting to be in Marissa's apartment, I got the feeling she wanted to snoop around to do some basic fact-finding. Maybe with Lulu's help Candy is starting to believe that Marissa's not all she pretends to be. It was a little weird that she just left, but maybe she saw all she needed when they found Santi's violated picture.

There were several weird scenes tonight, the one just mentioned, Art and Gregoria's rendezvous, Soledad and Sven to name just a few.

Donato clapping for the kids sure was cute.

Thanks JudyB, another stellar recap of a goofy episode. Once again your recap was superior to the original! I'm a little dizzy after all that drain circling.
 

Great work, Judy! Your descriptions of the kisses are always so moving. I loved your "borderline mom-to-be," as if both conditions are in her future. I'm right there with you about "their endless I-Love-You-Forget-Me discussions." Ya! BASTA! I think we should take bets on how many times they can flip-flop in one episode! It's as much fun as enduring some kid playing with a lightswitch. On! Off! On! Off!

In Santiago's multilingual "I love you," it's not hard to guess which language he doesn't speak. I'm surprised he didn't include Portuguese. Maybe he said "Ich liebe sie" because "dich" was too hard for his chilango tongue! (g)

Did anyone else's Foreshadow Detector ring when Santiago said, "But please, Meño, come to my wedding. I'd miss you if you weren't there"?

Another weird one tonight. Soledad and Sven. Ladies, if some guy was drooling over you like a hungry vulture, would you ask him to accompany you to an appointment so you wouldn't feel threatened?

We scold Marissa because she is determinded to marry a man who doesn't love her. But look at Santi! At the dueling serenades, he said, "I'm not going to marry Marissa because I love you, Candy." But every time Candy rejects him (how many flip-flops now?), he resigns himself to marrying Marissa. Isn't that just as bad? And he doesn't have the insanity defense.
 

Whoa...not even 7 am and you've got me worried Paula. My foreshadowing detector didn't go off when Santi said he'd miss Meño but maybe it should have. A poignant death and Candy bereft and once again in Santi's arms...is that what you're thinking?

Lots of strange and inappropriate things going on last night, but at least one fellow, Eduardo, was bedding the right lady and Lucia and Charly were back together...so I'm gonna look on the bright side for now.

Sylvia...glad you enjoyed the drain motif...it does just seem like the same scenes swirl around and around and around and nothing goes anywhere. Time for Writer's Draino to the rescue!
 

Judy, what a wonderful job. Your title was spot on. My favorite line was: "our main gal, still moving with glacial speed toward maturity is our Candy." Each of your recaps is a well-written perfectly summarized story. Excellent!

I was pleasantly surprised when Donato was supportive of the Charly and Lucia reunion. I continue to watch because I enjoy the supporting characters, especially Meño. Their characters are deeper, richer and lack the self absorbtion and neediness of the leads. Diana in MA
 

Judy: Meant to thank you for the vocabulary as well. Diana
 

Diana...yes, I'll admit, I put in the vocabulary for you but I'm sure there are others who are interested. I know I certainly was when I first started watching and still am!...there's always something new that I learn.

Just wanted to say, before I forget, that I talked to Schoolmarm the other day and she asked me to say "Hi" to everyone. She is having a superbusy year at work, many meetings and important functions, but does manage to watch at night when she can. Just no time to comment on-line during the day. Terrible how work can interfere with our "fun" time, isn't it!?

We miss her...and she misses us. But such is life. Those of us with jobs (including me with my part-time one) are happy to have them and happy to be busy. I don't ever want to retire but there may be "chair aerobics" in my future, who knows?
 

You're so kind to include the vocabulary Judy. You always select the best phrases. Sometimes I burst in the door repeating one and it always brings a smile to hub's face. Diana
 

Thank you again Judy! Swirling the drain exactly!
I LOVED hearing Santi say, "I love you" twice in Engish! Very cute.
Even though he and Candy keep circling I guess I'm hoping Meno will grab them both and somehow knock some sense into them.
Marissa is indeed icky. She is so unstable and right on the verge of something awful I fear.
Why does she alway scratch her head when she is talking? It's a simple thing but it bugs me!
Could it be the hair extensions are annoying?
Lulu is great and I love the battle scenes with Gregoria over the kitchen.

Carrie L.
 

Hey Diana...anything that brings a smile to hub's face is a good thing! Glad to oblige.

Carrie L....thanks for putting your finger on one of those subliminal things that bother me about Marissa. I wasn't consciously aware of the hair scratching....but yes, that's annoying and kind of has an off-putting "cootie" feel to it.

Psychologists often say that if there's a big disconnect between your feelings and how you act (she's full of hostility and rage inside, trying to be nice and friendly to Candy and Santiago on the outside) then you're due to get really sick.

Don't know if illness is in her future, but there's a constant sense of foreboding around her now. Circling the drain....but not in a good way. (well, heck, there's never a good way)
 

Judy, as ever, a great recap of a rather hit and miss episode. Just when I got comfortable despising Eddie, he turns around and makes me proud. And as I was all set to write off Charly, he seems to have rehabilitated. As I was falling in love with Isabel, she suddenly becomes shallow. Donato now is back on my good side and I'm liking Candy's mom more. At least I can depend on Candy, Marissa, and Alicia to reliably annoy.

Carlos
 

About the Foreshadow Detector, I wasn't thinking we'd lose Meño. Rather, that he would play an important part on the wedding day.

Picture this. Santiago keeps ignoring the "Detour" and "Bridge Out" warnings in his path. If he doesn't detour, and he arrives at his wedding day, we just know there will be some pivotal event(s) that day. Maybe Meño's presence is necessary to save Santi from a wedding disaster.

But Carrie's comment got me thinking. "Meno will grab them ... and knock some sense into them." Maybe Santi's "I'd miss you" comment is an indication of how he has taken Meño as a father figure. We know Santi really misses his father's guiding hand. Was it Mon or Tue? He told Candy that all the responsibilities fall so heavy on him, and he has no one he can gain support from.
 

Man, my comment got zapped again. Sooooo annoying.

Glad Eduardo is back in your good graces, Carlos and hope he maintains his "sobriety". Certainly Chayo is giving him good reasons to stay straight.

Paula, your point about Santiago and Meño is excellent...I hadn't thought that our Tio was a father figure to him but now that you point it out....yessss. Bien hecho, amiga.
 

Great recap, Judy, loved all the sports references, like "fast break to an old conversation". Glad your team won the basketball game!

I think Pat's kiss with Candy was important. She didn't reject him, and seemed to be returning the kiss. Maybe this marks a period in the show where she (hopefully temporarily) goes with Pat, since the Santi situation seems hopeless to her. I can picture a period with Santi suffering w/o her, trying to give her up (like Rodrigo in Destilando Amor, trying unsuccessfully to give up Gaviota).

But who knows? This show often surprises me (such as Charly getting the no drugs message so fast), and I like surprises.
 

Judy, when I see Marissa all I can focus on it her scratching that mass of hair, and how made up she is from head to toe. Orangy face and skin, whitish lips, dark eyes, etc. Don't know why I do that and certainly don't mean to critique the real actress who is beautiful, but, the Marissa character really gets under my skin.
Meno was so forceful with Charly I guess I see a possibilty that he can take an even more severe tone with Santi and Candy and perhaps they will follow his good sense.
He is indeed a caring uncle figure to both Candy and Santi. I think that's why I like him so much.

I didn't understand, who were the underwear suppose to be for?

Carrie L.
 

Carrie! You put a terrible image in my mind. You talked about Marissa always scratching her head, and then you said she gets under your skin. Now all I can think of is, Marissa has scabies!!! Ewww!

Hombre d'M, good point about Pat's kiss. You're right. She certainly did accept that kiss.
 

Pat's kiss was gross. He is a sloppy one! Yuck.
 

Hi Hombre...glad you liked the sports references. I went to high school in Indiana so of course I'm a hopeless basketball fan...Hoosier Hysteria carried over to the Buckeye state.

Yes, Candy DID seem quite cooperative with Pato's kisses. Misery loves company? Trying to forget Santiago pronto? Who knows? But a little changeup from the endless I love you/ forget me conversations would be a welcome break.
 

Oh and Carrie L., don't feel bad about fixating on Marissa's makeup...several of the guys have mentioned it also. Perhaps it's intended to show how fakey she is and to indicate that much is hidden...both physically and emotionally.

I saw her in one other show and her eyes were heavily made up in that one too...but then they are unusual. I can understand wanting to draw attention to them. She seemed much thinner and less voluptuous in that one as well.
 

Hmmm...Anonymous....I didn't think Patricio's kisses were gross. Thought their kisses had the look of comfortably exploring familiar ground...but I'll check the tape....maybe you're right.

Just a matter of taste, I guess (no pun intended).
 

Being a woman my opinion on female beauty may not count as much as a mans, but, I think Soledad and Chayo are the most attractive women on the show. They look natural but beautiful. I love their dark hair which looks like they were born with it and fits them exactly.
Pau is very pretty too but in a different way. Maybe not as natural but delicate (in her looks anyway).
Candy didn't seem to mind Pat's kisses and might have been remembering a happier time.
I don't care for the way Pat kisses. Of course I'm comparing it to Santi who is the real artist!

Carrie L.
 

I loved "circling the drain." Such a vivid image that really paints it for me. I missed last night, but from reading I missed nothing. I probably won't even need to watch!!
 

Of course your opinion on female beauty counts as much as a man's Carrie! After all, who studies the "competition" better than a woman. I mentioned this once to a friend...that the minute another woman enters the room we run an automatic check list...is she thinner or heaveier than I, prettier or not so much, more personality or less?...I'm talking in the past here, of course...these days I'm thinking is she shuffling her feet?...is she limping? or does she still move pretty freely....oh well...

Now, after careful review of Pato's kisses (and granted Santiago IS the Master) I still deem them just fine, thank you very much.

I like that one-lipped brushup he started with. It's like a caress...then down to serious business, upper lip kisses, lower lip nibbles and then the whole enchilada.

Anonymous, if that's your idea of "yuck" well, there it is. But "sloppy"....no. Different strokes for different folks.
 

CHIDO!!! (Cool!) A bit OT but of interest to many here, I'm sure. In an NXclusiva interview Friday, Jaime Camil mentioned that after his motorcycles show (10 episodes, starting early March, for Televisa), he goes to LA to work on an English language movie. We can assume he means "Dare to Love Me," a biography of a tango star. Camil in not the lead. Since the studio is Warner, it should be of reasonably good quality, made for US release (Dec 2010). Seems that it will be a mixture of Spanish and English, with English subtitles. That's what he did in "I Love Miami" (a truly awful movie). Finally, finally, we get to see Camil dance for more than just a few snippets.

Camil has seven movies in various stages of production, but this is the one I've been waiting for. I can't wait!
 

Carrie, I for one (of the male persuasion) think that you're dead on in your assessment of female beauty and female characters in this show. And of course (believe it or not), character, temperament, and personality all play strong factors in our assessment of feminine beauty.(Also big bubis.)

Carlos
 

Diogenes, put away your lamp, and come meet my friend Carlos.
 

Paula, por casualidad, I watched I Love Miami this past weekend on Cine Latino, and I must agree that it was not a good movie. I thought the familiar faces were miscast, and although I thought that the premise was can't miss, the whole thing just collapsed of it's own weight. Jaime Camil looked healthy, however.

Carlos
 

Thank you for the vocab JudyB. It really helps me out. You got it, it is like a circling drain! I wonder if they have Marissa scratching and acting wierd because she's probably gonna do something stupid. I'm a big fan of Camil and really enjoy his acting. We didn't see much of Paulina I wonder what she's cooking up?
Liena, FL
 

Hi Liena...you're right. No glimpses of Paulina yesterday but we can assume she's up to no good. I was horrified by that dark red lipstick she put on Rocio the other day. Now that was truly a "yuck" moment for me.

Glad you appreciated the vocabulary. Whenever I watch, especially when I'm not worried about recapping, I note down words that are new for me. A lot of the time the other recappers will translate them for me and it's a great help.

Carlos, I'm still laughing..".character, temperament, personality (and of course big bubis)". Reminds me of a an Air Force Captain I once dated. He mentioned glumly one day (this was the era of mini-skirts and sports cars) that he'd always been a boob man but he guessed he'd have to be a leg man from now on. Not sure I appreciated his sense of sacrifice!
I still hear from him from time to time he's STILL a confirmed "big bubis" guy.

Paula...nice Diogenes quote. You be one cultured lady!

Kris, glad you enjoyed circling the drain with me. Let's hope for better things to come.
 

JudyB, Thanks for hitting another one out of the park (I know, I know, wrong sport) for us. Circling the Drain works for this show on oh so many levels just now but I am hopelessly addicted so I don't really care.

I know most of the vocabulary but I still appreciate the review and at my age, one can never be sure which day the lights are dimmer than others... Constant review seems to work best for me anyway since I can't move to Spain or Mexico full time at this moment.

And Carlos Diogenes works just fine for me too. Very funny. Marisa pushes buttons both ways. She is beautiful but so phony looking and sympathetic in her pregnancy but so phony and manipulative in her actions. Complex character though.

I too loved Donato's clap to get attention that turned into clapping of appreciation of young love. Very cute.
 

Thanks for the recap and vocab Judy. Loved your drain analogy b/c I feel the same way about the show (and Cuidado, thank goodness Manana is breezing by). Sorry for the late post. And thanks Mike (from yesterday) for your answer.

ITA with Carrie. I think Soledad and Chayo are the prettiest women on the show.
 

Hi Cheryl and Karen...and hey, I love "hit one out of the park too". Haven't been much of a baseball fan lately (was one big-time at age 8) but what a nice image.

Karen, I agree with you..Mañana is going at a rip-snortin' pace right now...and Fernando hasn't even arrived on scene. Dios mio! Wish our Tontas had the same flow but maybe this is an opportunity to "learn patience". Although seems like I had a lot of those learning opportunities when my kids were growing up.

Cheryl, my goal is to one day know as much Spanish as you do so that I can converse on the phone for 20 minutes like you did the last time you were in Mexico. That was so impressive. Thanks for giving us all something to shoot for.
 

Judy, Thanks too for the update on Schoolmarm. She has been too busy for too long we might have to go in for a rescue or intervention!! I was thinking about the good old days with the team that recapped Yo Amo a Juan Querendon when I read yesterday that Mayrin Villanuevo and Eduardo Santamarino are getting married in real life. Who says life and art don't imitate each other. (Gee, I hope that isn't too much real life information on the actors for this blog. It is really unusual so I couldn't help myself.)
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder