Friday, May 29, 2009

Las Tontas Thurs 5/28 - Clash of the godparents

We start with a brief recap of yesterday's fun in the sun but when the happy foursome arrive home the brats Chava and Rocio say that Santi and Candy fooled them into acting like a happy family and...oops we're in Guadalajara..and they don't want to be a family. They run up to Chava's room. I swear these cut-ins of "Guadalajara" are getting weirder and weirder.

Over at the restaurant Zamora and Toño fret over Don Meño's credit card problems. They're worried he'll go to jail. He shows up and is worried they'll laugh at his hair.

Santi and Candy are frustrated and Santi can't figure it out. He and Candy love each other, Chava and Rocio love each other, why can't they all just get along? Why do the kids think they adults will abandon them? Who put that idea into their heads? They kiss and console each other.

Raul and Sole come home from a movie and she invites him for coffee. He says he'd rather have kisses so they start making out and stop themselves...better have coffee!! Raul tells her Pato is a great guy but he's got a great big problem in that he's still in love with Candy.

Candy puts Chava to bed and tries to say what a great guy Santi is. "But my daddy is better," snips Chava. Candy tries to tell him that's Chava's problem, he keeps comparing when in truth everyone is different. She counsels him about fighting in school. What? She's just bringing this up now? The only time I ever fought in school I was immediately grounded. That's when I pushed Timmy Wilson's face into the tanbark for being a jerk and then sat on him. However when my parents found out I did it because he tormented Clark until Clark wet his pants and then mocked him for it I was in a little less trouble. I was still grounded but my parents weren't so mad. Bullies look a lot less threatening with tarnbark stuffed up their noses...but I digress.

Meanwhile Pau puts Rocio to bed. Rocio tells her mami that at first she and Chava thought Santi and Candy abandoned them but then they showed up and had a great time. Pau is irritated.

Santi tell Isa he thinks that Pau is manipulating the kids and brainwashing them. I guess Jaime was out of town or something because all of a sudden he shows up and Isa hugs him like he's been gone a week. What's up tonight, are the regular editors on strike or something? OK, it sounds like he visited his kids and grandkids. Whatever.

Meño reveals to Candy why he's wearing his do-rag. When she sees his red hair Candy's mouth drops about 12 inches and no I'm not exaggerating; you've seen her chops. Candy asks them if they think Pato is capable of turning Chava against her relationship with Santi.

Later on Pau wakes Rocio from a deep sleep to "tell her a story". The wicked witch of Guadalajara looms over poor little Rocio and begins, "Once upon a time there was a terrible papa who mistreated his daughter..."

The story theme continues as Patricio tells Beto a story in front in front of a scary drawing of Beto that takes up the entire wall. Who in the hell could sleep in front of that monstrosity? Yikes, we then get another camera angle of the horrible Beto drawing. Beto falls asleep and Pat sits on Chava's bed in front of a scary wall-size Chava drawing. He verbalizes his moral dilemma about whether or not he should rip Chava from Candy's arms.

Rocio greets her daddy as he comes home. It looks like she has another tomato rash due to stress from Pau's nasty stories. He confronts Pau and asks "what did you tell my daughter?"

Pau tries to deny it but Santi presses until finally Rocio breaks in and tells him "my mama didn't tell me anything." The young lady doth protest too much me thinks.

Pato plays and talks with Patito about how awesome Candy is. Al walks in the room just then and it's weird trips incorporated as she tries to figure out what's going on. She's not quite as excited about feeding the little champion as Pato is.

Santi sneaks Pau out of bed and renews his argument with her. He's a doctor and he knows stress can cause a rash. Why is she telling Rocio that Santi will abandon her? He tells her to leave. "And if I don't, then what?" she demands.

Well, we see "what" when he drops her off in front of a hotel. She can protest but he's made up his mind! His tires squeal as he puts the pedal to the metal. See ya!!

Next morning Santi wakes up Rocio with a tickle to the ear. All is well until he ruins her morning by telling her that mommy left the house. Rocio cries hysterically and tells Lucia that papa kicked mama out of the house. She breaks out in yet another nasty rash.

Over at the Pato house it's a happy scene with Pato, Patito, Alicia and Margarita. They blab about Patito's upcoming baptism.

Chava wakes up Candy, even though it's Sunday he wants to get up early to visit his papa. She tries to lure him with games and hamburgers but he rejects her. Yesterday he was with her and today he wants to visit papa. As usual Candy folds and gives in to Chava.

Al and Margarita fuss over Patitos' baptism gifts. They are crosses with the names of his godparents, one with Santiago's and one with Candy's.

Meanwhile over at Sole's house Party Padre Pato (thanks Genevieve!) acts out the childhood he never had by playing light sabre with the boys while Sole and Raul watch. Pato suggests they toast...to their being the godparents to Patito! (Eh...what about Candy and Santi?) Sole thinks it's odd. Raul accepts. Coffee's not good enough so they toast with tequila. Good idea dad, have a few shots before your lad's baptism. On second thought you're going to need it.

Santi visits Pau at the hotel and tells her due to Rocio's bad reaction she needs to come home. She smirks the Pau smirk. She scolds and nags him all the way home about Rocio.

Isa tries to put salve on Rocio's rash but Rocio has a full on tantrum and runs to her mommy.

Margarita talks to Ali and asks why she chose her worst enemy Candy and her boyfriend to be Patito's godparents. Al says #1 Santi is rich, #2 Candy's a "good person" and a good mother and her sister. Mags tells Al not to lie, she asked Candy so she could rub it in Pato's face, right?

Candy and Santi walk in the park and talk about the witch Pau causing poor Rocio's rashes. Speaking of witches Santi mentions Marissa. They share horror stories about their children's illnesses then they make out.

At breakfast Pau seems pleased that her presence annoys Isa and Jaime. Isa and Jaime decide to leave rather than get into it with Pau and Isa's parting shot is "my son won't let you stay here."

During Meño's dance class he and the mujeres happily bump and grind until he pulls his bandana off in excitement and the ladies giggle at his cherry hair. He leaves the room in shame. Chayo grabs him to work her magic.

Pato calls Raul and gives him details about the baptism that evening. I think they are supposed to show up at some kind of talk or rehearsal or godparent training.

Over at the big house Pau answers the phone, it's Al calling for Santi. She wants to tell Santi where and when the baptism is. Al laughs and tells Mags she sent Patricio to another church and doesn't want him to see Santi and Candy until after the baptism. Mags sits there and laughs like "oh that wacky Alicia!"

Pau actually calls Santiago to relay the baptism details to him. I thought for sure she would deliberately ignore the message just to be a witch.

Thanks to Chayo we're looking at the old Meño. Luckily she understands the personality of hair. Chayo's thinking that maybe she wants a makeover and Meño warns her against doing anything drastic. He and Lulu tease her about her teacher.

Isa and Jaime dine in the kitchen to Tina's delight. Donato interrupts with a phone call for Isa. It's Doa Felipa who wants to talk to her son Carlos, i.e. Zamora. Isa and Don have conniptions until finally Don grabs the phone and invites her to the house. Doña Felipa is thrilled and Isa frets at the possible outcome.

Santi calls Candy about the baptism. She can't come because of work that's more important than her new nephew's baptism.

Isa asks Don if they are making the worst mistake of their lives. He accuses her of being jealous and she pooh poohs him. The doorbell rings and he tells her to take a deep breath. The funniest part about this scene is it takes place right in front of a cherub's genitalia, but it's art so that's OK.

Isa goes into the bedroom and sees Jaime looking out the window. He scowls pensively at the closing door.

Al talks like a chipmunk about the baptism. Pato joins her and she brags how organized she is as she shows him her baptism to-do list. She's such a brat, after he leaves she giggles "Hee hee what will you do when you discover that Santi and Candy are the godparents? Patricio...... hee hee!!"

Isa greets Doña Felipa warmly and tells her Zam is such a hard worker he's not around. Isa and Doña Felipa have similar hair.

Isa steps out of the room just as Jaime sneaks downstairs. He comes up behind Doña Felipa with and "Hola mi amor." He sees Isa across the room and realizes his mistake. "Jaime" gasps Isa. "Jaime" gasps Doña Felipa. She and Jaime recognize each other and Don blurts out Zamora is Don Jaime's son! Jaime begs Felipa to say nothing otherwise Zamora will kill him.

Everyone meets at the church. Pato greets his padrinos in one church. Elsewhere Al sits with her padrino who happily and tenderly holds Patito. It makes my heart hurt.

Unfortunately my Tivo stopped here but according to youtube this happened next:

The padre starts the baptismal sacrament and asks the parents to approach, then the godparents...Sole/Raul and Santi/Candy bump into each other in the aisle. "Who are the godparents?" asks the padre. "We are!" respond the four in unison.

Labels:


Comments:
Good morning Sylvia. I loved your recap and best of all was the story about how you sorted out the nasty bully at school. I can just see you doing that. Even as an adult, you have the same strong reactions to unkindness and unfairness. You go girl!

Clash of the Titans/Clash of the Godparents. Wonderful title. Here in Columbus the scene of the four walking down the aisle was in the previews, not the end of episode. But it was a great scene.

The other scene I loved was when Alicia was holding the baby snd the poor little peanut was crying like mad. When Santi took him, his fussing ended immediately and he snuggled into to his real dad's chest.

Of course both Santi and Patricio are better with the baby than Alicia. She clearly doesn't have a maternal bone in her body. I mean, it's a great body, I recognize that...but maternal, it ain't.
 

PS And you are soooo right about Candy's mouth. Such a wide opening...I bet her dentist loves her. He can probably get both hands and arms up to his elbows in there to do work. Of course, since her teeth are probably capped, there's no need for anything but a good cleaning from time to time. (unlike my pre-fluoride rinse teeth).
 

How did the TN end for you? I'll bet it was the same way here. I was at a play until late last night and couldn't believe that Tivo cut the end off. That almost never happens anymore. Figures it was my recap night.

I make fun of Candy's mouth but in reality I think it's fantastic. I also really like her hyena laugh which is quite infectious. I admire anyone who can let loose in the laugh department.

Also, I figure since Santi mentioned Marissa's name we'll see her soon.
 

Sylvia: Perfect title. Which set of godparents will prevail? Of course it should be Raul and Sole as Santi can't be the godfather to his own child.

I really enjoyed your stellar recap and insightful comments.

All I can say is, Timmy Wilson deserved it. Excellent!

I gave Paulina for being more intelligent than she is. It's over, she has no chance at all with Santi. So, why is she continuing to torture her daughter when it's absolutely pointless?

I'm dreading the inevitable anvil for Pat regarding Patito. Whatever he may lack in disciplinary abilities, his love for his sons and his ability for joy was evidenced "as he acts out the childhood he never had by playing light sabre with the boys".

Have I mentioned that I absolutely detest Ali? "Elsewhere Al sits with her padrino who happily and tenderly holds Patito. It makes my heart hurt." Me too Sylvia, me too.

Should be interesting tonight.

Diana in MA
 

Thanks Sylvia(or should I call you Ms. Iron Ovaries?). That was a great recap and my favorite part was what you did to poor little Timmy ( good thing for you that Lassie wasn't nearby). I don't even know what tarnbark is, but I know that I wouldn't like it up my nose.

I really don't like Pau, but I'm enjoying watching her annoy everyone, since I know that her time is almost up. I suspect a short session with Barbara will set the little princess straight, then it's off to San Angelo for you, Pau darlin'.As for our little Prince No, looking more and more like a couple of nalgadas for you, sweetheart.

Carlos
 

This comment has been removed by the author.
 

Thank you Sylvia!
I was thrilled when Santi kicked Pau out and really disappointed when he brought he back home.
Someone please, please stop that witch.

In the previews it showed s neatly cut tree falling on Candy as she pulled Chava out of the way.

I loved the "parents discuss their children's illnesses and then make out". That was great!

I wonder why Pat is content to have Beto part-time but has to have Chava full-time? It must be his all consuming fascination with Candy.

Carrie L.
 

Great recap, Sylvia, loved your story about Timmy and Clark. I guess Candy's problem is that she never had any problems with Chava before. He was so perfect, she never had to discipline him at all. Now that he's acting up, she's not sure what to do. I actually feel a little sorry for her.

I also feel sorry for Santi. You can't punish a kid for a rash! What can he do? I hope you're right, a counseling session with Barbara. Knowing this show, the problem will be solved in two seconds, but at this point, it seems pretty "grave" as they say in Spanish (sort of the same thing in English).

I loved the two telenovela moments of 1) Jaime kissing Felipa, 'cause she had the same hair as Isa, and 2) all four padrinos saying "nosotros" at the same time, when asked who the godparents were (my show went to about 8:05, and included this part). These were the kind of things that make these shows fun, as opposed to the horrible maneuvers of Paulina, which I could do without.
 

Carrie, Pat sees how much Chava wants to live with his papa, so Pat fights for that. OTOH Beto is content living with his mom and visiting his dad.

Clarification on the baptism since I saw the whole broadcast.
1. The first was the rehearsal. That's why there were several couples in each church. Santi and Ali when to one rehearsal. That's when Santi held the baby and he melted along with all viewerville. Pat, Raul & Chayo went to the other. Then suddenly we were at the actual baptism the next day (it was nighttime at rehearsal and daylight at the baptism).

Pat, Ali, baby, Raul, and Chayo were already there. Santi and Candy walked in late, just as the priest asked for godparents. Thus the 4 meeting in the aisle, and the confused priest.

The switch from rehearsal to actual was instant and confusing.
 

Cap'n Sylvia~~~Question: What is tarnbark? Also, I'll bet that Clark still thinks of you fondly , and Timmy the Tyrant...not so much. What-A-wpman . Even at that tender age , you were fighting for justice and freedom for all. [Your story shames me. Having always been the tiniest person in my class, I was often picked up, carried around, shoved around, etc. When I cried to my mother about my daily dilemma , she advised me to ''kick them in the shins.'' When I protested saying that they would surely kick me back, my mother counseled , ''Kick them....and RUN.'' Besides being small , I was also not the fastest runner, so I never tried out her suggestions. Instead, I became a fast talking diplomat with an acid wit. ] You, however, are my hero....and Timmy's. Brava.
 

Ha, Susanlynn your mom sounds like a kick (no pun intended). I think Tanbark must be a west coast thing. It the shredded bark from an oak tree that was used to tan leather at one time. Now it's used mostly for mulch but they also use it (or use to use it) on all the playgrounds.

Paula thanks for the help with the ending. I was very confused and couldn't seem to find a good segue from what I saw to what was on youtube.
 

Funny I had the same question. What is tanbark? I figured it was like the woodchip kind of stuff that they put out on playgrounds now, but I was surprised to hear you would have had it as a kid. When I was a kid, we had cement and black top, and probably a lot of cracking of heads open. Not this soft nice cushy stuff they have now. Lovely!

I never fought in school. Imagine. I remember seeing fights and being scared of them and just thinking that was one of the baddest(yes, baddest) things you could do and never wanted to go an watch them like a lot of the other kids. Never really saw many girl fights either. Fought pretty deadly with my brothers at home though, for sure. :) Funny. I guess I was a "goody goody". That changed... :)

Thanks for the fun recap! Great title of course!!
 

Yes dear, that did change:)

I guess mine wasn't really a fight, more like a shove, smear and plop. How bad can it be in second grade? I did get into trouble for it though, and it might have been one of the few times I was grounded.

I think it's hilarious how all the women in Santi's life get rashes. Maybe he should have been a dermatologist.
 

Cap'n~~~Thanks for the explanation about tanbark. Around her, they now use shredded rubber on the playgrounds....a very soft, bouncy landing is you fall off the slide, swing, seesaw, etc.
 

"'Around her'' ?????...make that ''around HERE.''~~~Susanlynn, late for dinner
 

All I know is, I'd want you on my side no matter what game we're playing. And wasn't it wonderful that Carlos remembered your Iron Ovaries background? A little foreshadowing of your future team, I think, in that take-down of the playground bully.
 

Sylvia, I loved your recap and I loved even more how you dealt with Timmy Wilson! You are such a righteous woman!

While I am glad that finally Santi and Candi are getting to have a more open relationship that seems based on truly shared interests and strong family feelings. I am sick to death with little sniveling Chava who is such an upleasant brat. But Candi kind of created him with treating him like a baby too long thus giving him an unrealistic sense of his power to always get his own way by a too doting mother.

And Paulina needs the biggest pie cart full of cream and anvil pies.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder