Tuesday, May 05, 2009

MEPS Monday May 4 - Martina channels Benny Hill

Episode 60 - that is three months of airtime, and how many days have passed in the show? 7? 10? I am amazed at how many episodes can come from one single day.

Fr/Ed continues the story of how he was saved by a guy calling himself El Jinete Justiciero, which I will translate to mean ‘The Lone Ranger’. Same idea, even if that isn’t a literal translation. Fernanda has a flashback of Eduardo hiding in the tree watching her first communion. Fr/Ed lays it on thick, saying how The Lone Ranger used a yellow flag (I don’t remember exactly how he tied that into the story, but obviously he threw that in because Fernanda would recognize it) and Fernanda, predictably, gasps in recognition. Fr/Ed says he didn’t get the guy’s real name, does Fernanda know anyone fitting that description? Fr/Ed rightly says there can’t be more than one guy going around with a yellow flag and calling himself the Lone Ranger.

Liliana says “I’m going to kill him” while acting all googly and crazy. She does this about 100 times. I know crazy and/or hospital is a novela staple, but it does nothing for me. I realize she has to be crazy until the end when she can finally spill her secret, but it gets old.

Fr/Ed tells Fernanda that the Lone Ranger asked him to do two things in exchange for saving his life. First, make sure a school gets built for all the local kids, the kids from the working class families, so they can get a good education. We see people preparing to turn the old barn into a school. Is that actually happening? I don’t remember that coming up before. The second thing was to rescue a woman named Liliana, that’s your sister, right Fern? Fern gasps again. She is getting in a lot of gasps today.

Doctor Obregon is trying to enjoy some putting practice in his office when the lady whose name I can’t remember but who works there busts in and says he needs to come see Liliana, Martina says she’s all messed up. Obregon refuses, mostly out of spite.

I laughed hard on Friday when Gardenia brought drinks to Fr/Ed’s office and he had to rip the tray out of her hand and kick her out, this happens again when Gardenia brings a pitcher of water. Fr/Ed says Fernanda has to do whatever she can to keep Lili where she is. Also, again, does she know who the Lone Ranger is? She says yes, her dearest friend from childhood, Eduardo Juarez. Great, where is he? Dead. Fern wants to know why they must free Liliana, rather than getting her care somewhere else. Fr/Ed just says Fern has to help him keep his word to the Lone Ranger. That sounds a lot more ridiculous in English, doesn’t it? “Lady you have to help me keep my promise to the Lone Ranger!”

Outside, Gardenia rips Jacinto up and down for the whole Camilo break-in episode. He tells her to shut up about 50 times but of course she doesn’t. Let me say again that I very much approve of Gardenia’s makeover from Elizalde Hacienda slave to buxom asistente to Franco Santoro. Nicely done. And it’s always sundress weather, excellent. Anyway she threatens to tell Franco everything if Jacinto doesn’t tell her what’s going on.

Fr/Ed lays it all on the line, he tells Fern that if she can’t keep Liliana where she is, the whole super mega milk deal is OFF.

Obregon has made his way to Lili’s room finally, Martina doesn’t want to leave Lili’s side so she wants Obregon to call Franco (I think, correct me if I’m wrong here) but Obregon refuses. He says call yourself, but of course she can’t if she doesn’t leave the room. This brings us into FELS territory – when people who in reality would totally have a cell phone somehow don’t on a show. This isn’t the only time this episode when this comes up either, there’s another “hello we have cell phones now” moment coming up a little later.

Fernanda says there’s nothing she can do about Liliana. Fr/Ed says to talk to her family about his story and why he needs Lili here, Fern says she isn’t allowed to discuss Eduardo at home. Fr/Ed flinches noticeably at this, then lays it on extra thick, telling her to tell her family good bye for him, tomorrow he’s heading back to New York.

Obregon calls Barbara, who tells him that no way no how can Fernanda see Liliana before Liliana is transferred. She hangs up on him. Gonzalo comes into her office, she gives him all the paperwork for Liliana that she already has completed. He is completely not suspicious about how quickly she got all that pulled together.

Outside Fr/Ed’s house, Fern says she’ll try to do something about Liliana. After she leaves, Gardenia storms up and wants to talk to Fr/Ed, who as always is too busy to deal with her. She says she won’t move until he listens to her. Jacinto arrives and casually says he’s done for the day, but finally Gardenia rats him out. Fr/Ed acts like he’s upset.

Going to commercial, we see Fr/Ed working out with no shirt on, I heard squeals from the Caray Caray faithful across the country. Gardenia spies on him from the door, looking very very good herself.

Liliana has a bad dream, then has a seizure.

Fr/Ed asks Jacinto if this is true, then gives him leading questions to get out of him that Camilo abuses him and forced him to let him in the house to search it. Fr/Ed says he understands and would have done the same thing in his situation. So, no harm done, and by the way Jacinto you’re fired. Jacinto bugs out, but Fr/Ed is serious.

Martina goes to Obregon’s office but stops outside to eavesdrop, she hears Obregon telling Frick and Frack to get Martina away from Liliana. She pops out a switchblade and busts into the office, there is a fight and F&F get the knife away from her and grab her. She kicks one of them in the nuts and gets loose.

Liliana is apparently suddenly fine after her seizure and leaves her room and wanders to the chapel, where she cries a lot and then steals a glass jar candle.

Obregon sends Frick and Frack to chase after Martina, she runs all over the surprisingly empty and labrynth-like building. This place is nothing but hallways and locked doors.

Lili returns to her room and can’t find Martina, so she goes into the bathroom.

Fr/Ed keeps trying to call Obregon, but he gets a busy signal. He wants to go and check it out, but he has to stay here and wait for Fernanda’s answer. This was FELS moment #2 – didn’t he give Fernanda his cell phone number? Everyone else has it already. Erica, the entire Elizalde family…

Fernanda finds Gonzalo in the home office/library and says she wants to ask him a question.

Martina runs out of the building, the guys chase her, broken nuts and all.

Liliana wraps the candle in a towel and breaks it against the wall and cries some more.

Fernanda tries to convince Gonzalo to keep Liliana in Mexico. When he doesn’t go for it, she says she wants to make a pact with him.

Martina runs up a hill to a very conveniently placed stack of paint cans, which she throws over onto her pursuers, who are now covered in yellow paint.

Liliana pulls up her sleeve and holds a piece of broken glass to her arm.

Obregon, with a needle full of sedative in his hand, sees Liliana through the open door and stops to wait and see if she saves him the trouble by killing herself.

Martina comes up outside Lili’s window and yells for her. When she doesn’t answer, Martina picks up a rock and throws it through her window. She tells Liliana to stay there and be safe, she is going to run for help. She runs off. Obregon busts into Lili’s room and throws her down and injects her with the needle. Lili passes out.

Fernanda asks Gonzalo to wait three months, for life to calm down, before sending Lili away, to see if she gets better. If not, he can send her away. Gonzalo agrees.

Martina gets out through the main gate and runs down the street where she jumps on a passing bus. Frick (or maybe Frack) gets a hand on the door handle and Martina bites his hand to make him let go. All the bus passengers cheer.

Priscilla comes to Anibal’s office, she wants to see some bank account statements for money she has in Miami. He tries to put her off but she isn’t having it.

Damian, while getting a massage, talks to Vladimir on the phone and encourages him some more in his pursuit of Priscilla.

Priscilla remembers what Vladimir said about Anibal ripping her off and pushes Anibal for the statements. He looks in a drawer but can’t find them and says he can’t look any more now. She says fine, then bring them home later. She leaves and Anibal looks panicked.

Fernanda goes to see Fr/Ed in person to tell him her answer, I guess that’s why he had to stay home, but the whole thing was still kind of stupid that she couldn’t just call him on his cell phone. She tells him that she has Lili here for three more months, he says that is enough time to set her free.

Tomorrow: Barbara gives Damian a goodbye roll in the hay and we are supposed to think that Fernanda might catch them, but of course there’s no way that is going to happen.

Labels:


Comments:
oh lordy miss lordy.....did u c that hunk of a hunk when ed/fr was working out........ oh my..... i told my husband i was going to get him one of those work out machines too..... whew...........thanks for the recap....quick and fast...and real good.....the novela is too funny in parts and then drama in others which makes it so good... thanks again for the great recap....did u c jacintos facial expressions too funny....I hope ed/fr did not really fire him....i think ed/fr needs all the help he can get...i think he is digging a deper hole......BN in CA..
 

Chris, I'm impressed with your powers of hearing. I can't believe you heard me shrieking in delight all the way from the west coast. Did you also hear me laughing at Frick holding his nuts throughout the chase scenes? The bus people cheering, that was a nice touch.
 

Always love your recaps, Ferro, and look forward to screaming with delight later on when I watch my tape.

I'm totally with you on the boredom of the Liliana vacant-eyed crazy scenes. Others have complained about Santiago/Aurora, but I find their exchanges rather sweet and touching. The crazy I could do without. Of course I want this blameless character protected, but I find the actual scenes a real snooze-fest.
 

Pssssst! Judy, don't tell anyone but I am also fond of the insipidly sweet relationship between Santi and Aurora.

Ferro, I forgot to say your title is absolutely perfect, buxom wench popping out of nurse's uniform being chased in circles...definitely Benny Hill.
 

Ferro~~~Thanks for the speedy recap. I was surfing between MEPS and Dancing with the Stars last night , so I missed a lot. I Caught a quick shot of the gun show. Martina running and slipping and sliding in those platform white shoes was a sight. She deserves a bonus...hazard pay. And by the way..WHAT is Fr/ed doing ???
 

Thank you Chris for your wonderful recap. Title is perfect. Thanks for mentioning the cell phone (or lack thereof) in the two scenes. I was thinking the same thing myself as I watched.

Psst. Judy and Sylvia, I like the Santi and Aurora relationship also.

Jody :)
 

So much for the idea of Dr. Oh-be-gone helping Lili. He is weakwilled , takes the path of least resistence , and wishes that everyone would just disappear so that he could concentrate on his putting.
 

Did the construction of the children's center start overnight? Wasn't that Margarita talking with the architect(?) with workers in the background at the site? Fen left all the plans for the center with Margarita as I recall while Fer goes on her honeymoon. Guess Magarita teaches architectural design as a minor to her students.

Some things happen very fast and some things drag out for days in this TN ... part of the fun I guess. Was Jacinto really fired?
 

Howdy gang! I've been reading the recaps religiously but refraining from commenting so a much belated thanks to one & all! Now, since I can't contain myself much longer, a few thoughts:
1) Fr/Ed is melting my TV...we need a new adjective for "hot."
2) for the love of God & all that is holy, please get someone to help Lili
3) anyone else think that Vlad may find himself on the wrong end of a gun?
4) Gonzo is an idiot
5) Gardenia sure is perky...& a trifle TOO hyper
6) Jacinto is going to need a mental health break from his tortured existence of secret keeper & Elizalde whipping boy
7) Any Balls needs a transplant of, well, balls
8) LOVE this show!

Maggarita
:-D
 

Ferro great recap and really great title. I was thinking the same thing. Also I was thinking, "How does she run in those stupid shoes?" Add me to the screamers who saw Fr/Ed pumping iron. Nothing is sexier than a man pummping iron. Did you see those muscles?! Big sigh......

I'm getting tired of Lili too. I think there is definitely a pie cart heading for Dr. O. I guess our beanies were on too loose thinking he could be redeemed.
 

Thank you for the recap, Chris. Our son called (back from his honeymoon) so I had to "Mute" and missed the first half-hour of this show. I missed the workout scene, too. Waaaaaaaah!

What was Lili’s seizure all about??? I thought I was watching The Exorcist. Ack. I was on the phone during that time, so I missed a lot.

I’m with you, crazy/manicomio gets old. The only one I ever saw that was well done (IMO) was Marta Julia’s character in La Madrastra.

I, too, was wondering why on earth Martina doesn’t have a cell phone, directly hot-wired to FrEd’s.
 

Oh Doris! I'm so sorry you missed it. He was beyond words. When I get home tonight I'm going to replay it and replay it and replay it.....
 

Ferro, thanks for this great recap. I loved that chase scene and the way it ended with Martina on the bus and biting Frack's hand. The repeat of Franco's chat with Nanda was interesting, but didn't he intrude a bit into her personal space? He was so cool about it that I really didn't realize how close he got till the second time around. Apparently she didn't mind all that much. I thought about all you ladies when they showed that new weight training clip. Gardenia certainly seemed impressed.

Carlos
 

Chris: As soon as I saw the title, I started laughing. Your recap was great and my favorite line was: "there’s another “hello we have cell phones now” moment coming up a little later." Excellent!

The Fer/Fr scenes are totally mesmerizing. Palpable chemistry.

Martina the Magnificent. Smart, loyal, resourceful and beautiful. Loved the way she kicked, cut, painted and bit her way to freedom.

Judy, Sylvia and Jody - I like Santi and Aurora too. Santi is the only one willing to stand up to the Barbinator so he has my total respect. I think Aurora will get stronger as the story progresses.

The Lili scenes are almost unbearable to watch. Where does Fr/Ed plan on keeping her? She can't stay with Dr. O as he can't be trusted.

Diana in MA
 

Thanks, Chris for the funny recap; excellent title, we just needed that goofy music track from Benny Hill to make it complete.

For some reason, the spanish-linked synapses wren't working much better than the CC's last nite. And now, no laurisgar youtube to fall back on, so now, recaps are more important that ever for clarification.

Eddy got his way with the Lili issue (so far, anyway), now he needs the $3M. $3M/3 years for Damian, $3M/months for Lili. Lots of 3's here. Obregon really is a twit. If anything happens to Lili, he has to answer to Eddy, yet he does let things happen, even shoots her up, against Eddy's orders, and he has to know that Eddy will be by soon for a visit. He chooses to abide by BOW's orders instaed, ans we know she isn't dropping by right away. Beanie adjustment needed.

A couple clarifications- Lili was saying repeatedly that she was going to kill herself. The scene with Marg at the old barn was her meeting with arquitecto, delivering specs, and the crew was surverying so that said arquitecto could start drawing plans based on accurate measurements.

Connie, glad to hear that diccionario isn't laughing, is he helping? I've found that you learn the most is when you don't use any english. Ever tried that?
 

Ferro: Thanks for the recap. Yeah, why no cell phone for Martina.

Does anyone know why YouTube pulled Laurisgar's videos? When my TV was out I relied on them to do my recap. Regards.
 

By the way, today is Cinco de Mayo, that favorite Texas holiday during which we all drink Carona, eat guacamole, and listen to mariachi. In the evening (if still able) we do Tequila shooters and try to dance salsa. Cabrito is enjoyed by the purists. ¡Salud! everyone.

Carlos
 

Thanks everyone.

I'm pretty sure Lili was saying "Lo voy a matar", not that she was going to kill herself, she ended up trying that to STOP herself from killing her father. Barb put into her head that she was going to kill him just like she killed her mother. I think. I could be wrong. The captions said "Lo voy a matar" but they have been wrong before.

At least Fr/Ed found a way to use all his knowledge of Fern and Ed as kids to his advantage, now that he had his life saved by the Lone Ranger and learned his entire life story.
 

Carlos- what is "cabrito", other than a small goat?

Pasofino- I think she was forced (or youtube did) pull videos. Probably a copyright infringement. I was going to ask her via email why, but didn't feel like writing a note in spanish. Maybe i will today...

Chris, I thought that I heard Lili say, " Me voy a matar." Agreed that she believes that by killing herself, Gonzo will be safe, as per the thoughts that BOW put in her head. BOW also said that the next time Lili comes to the hacienda, she will be visting the widow of her father, so she would seem to be in an impossible situation.
 

DD, he's better about helping. I'm just self conscious about it. One night he told me he didn't understand English and wanted me to speak in Spanish but I felt all tongue tied.
 

I think Lil means I'm going to kill myself. I saw "Me mata" but don't understand why that's not me mataré.

Adofina is the name of the woman that works for Dr O

I doubt Martina can afford a cell, but Fr/Ed should have provided her with one.

I thought the actor playing Jacinto did an excellent job when rated out by Gardenia. Looking at Fr/Ed "what am I supposed to say".

OMG the weight lifting scene. I was hoping for a dream last night, nada. You can catch it on you-tube 55.3 at the beginning, just after Jacinto gets pretend fired.

I guess there is no redemption for Dr O, he looks like the mad scientist when shooting up pobre Lil.

Martina told the people on the buss that F&F were trying to molest her.

Anibal told Pris the bnk stmts are in the safe deposit box.

hot, we could say muchimiso caliente, but it's so much longer, maybe just HOOOOOOOT!!!!!!!

Great show & recap. I think my understanding is improving, I hope.

variopinta
 

LOL, loved the Benny Hill title. Perfect! It cracked me up to see that little hat falling out of Martina's hair as she took off running. Totally plausible, yet cartoonish at the same time.

I also thought Lili said "Me voy a matar." Or "yo voy a matarme." Or something about killing herself. Last week she told Martina repeatedly that if she didn't die, her father would, and the only way to prevent that was to kill herself.

Likewise, I assumed Lili's seizure was fake - a ruse to get Martina out of there. At first, I wondered what the candle was for. It probably takes a long time to wax oneself to death. Duh! (On the other hand, wrist-slitting is not an effective way to kill oneself and would probably only ensure a big mess and a dosage increase.)

The bus scene was awesome.

I like the Santi/Aurora relationship, and really liked that it eventually led them to the name of Rebecca Sanchez. However, if it hadn't gone someplace interesting, I would have been really annoyed. I like those two, but I don't need to spend a lot of time watching them making googly eyes at each other.

Doris, that totally gratuitous and lovely workout scene was in a bump, so I'm sure they'll show it before or after many more commercial breaks! Phew!
 

The odd thing is, I get the impression that Fr/Ed lets Fer think he doesn't know jinte justiciero's
name, is that correct?
 

Ferro, your recaps are fun...thanks. I, too, was thinking they needed that crazy Benny Hill soundtrack over that Frick and Frack chase scene with Martina in her tight nurses uniform, nurses cap and high clunky shoes. Someone needed to pop out from behind a tree or hit Frick or Frack with a handbag. I like the Santi/Aurora line but not every night, please. I don't think Fr/Ed is what you call a long term planner....he's seems to be making it up as he goes. But then again, he doesn't know what the audience knows about Babs, Artemio and Gumshoe. And, yes, I've been thinking about cell phones too, besides Damian's future cell phone smashing. No cell phones for Martina and Jacinto is a big boo boo for Fr/Ed but then that would uncomplicate things and shorten the novela. Gin CA
 

I think Lil would be sawing at her wrist a long time with that thick piece of glass.
 

Variopinta, I just watched the YouTube link! Thanks for that. I'm going to replay it all day! :P
 

Thanks for the recap Chris and to the others who reminded me why this episode was indeed channeling Benny Hill.

I'm glad Chris mentioned the lack of cell phones. I just knew Martina should have had one (next to the switchblade in her bra) if she had to constantly be watching Lil. When Fr/Ed and Martina connect Dr. O will be sorry.

Judy, Sylvia, Jody and Diana add me to the list who enjoy Santi and Aurora. I hope she doesn't become evil and I love that he does stand up to Barbie.

I wonder what Fr/Ed is doing firing Jacinto?

The workout clip was quite fun. Though I didn't squeal, I did gasp.
 

D Dave, indeed cabrito is baby goat. Cooked over coals,very tasty, a little greasy, finger-lickin' good.

Carlos
 

I don't understand why folks are saying the videos aren't there.

Last night's is there and in fact, was put there months ago. Episodes into the 130's are on YouTube.

Maybe the problem is you are looking for one poster - there are several posters of MEPS on YouTube, but all under MEPS.

I subscribe to MEPS in YouTube and get them all fine.

Do a search for MEPS 55 (for last night) and you'll find they are there.

Last night's was posted by esnovelas.


The Fox....
 

Silverfox, the one that was removed was by laurisgar, it seems everyone liked that one.

I've been looking up ways to describe our hero & found this.

¡Él es un tremendo bizcocho!

He is totally cute, lit He is a tremendous cupcake!
 

Variopinto - you are right about Fr/Ed pretending not to know the Lone Ranger's name - he asked Fern, "do you know anyone who fits that description?" She said yes, her friend Eduardo Juarez, and he pretended to not know that name.
 

Thank you Chris, awesome recap. If I remember correctly, Jacinto is on loan from "The Family". If he goes back and tells them he has been fired because of Cad that could cause some problems, at least a couple of episodes worth.

You could tell that people on the bus do not have TV they were so easily entertained by F&F & Super Martina. Go girl, go!

Carlos, what time is the cabrito going to be ready?

I loved your list and agree 100%.

rsk
 

Carlos- sounds good, what time is dinner? I was thinking that it might have been something like unknown tequila label, but the real thing is just fine.

Itried to email laurisgar, but i've forgottne my password, so have no access. The password retrieval is possible only from the homepage, and I and entering thru google, and am already logged in (sort of), and don't get the regular youtube homepage, so I'm in limbo. Laurisgar explained that she had to delete everything in order to maintain her account, and that she would explain if you would contact her; maybe she has set up something else. Maybe later, I can try entering the home page differently, unless someone else wants to try and contact her...dorado dave
 

Great recap, Ferro!

I loved Martina's long action scene. She really is giving her all in the fight for good, and she doesn't even have a place to stay (other than Lili's room), a salary (maybe Ed's paying her a little?), friends she can contact, or a cell phone. I also don't think she has any other outfits with her besides the nurse costume, although that's fine with me!
 

Hi Folks,

Enjoyed the recap and title, Ferro and all the interesting comments.

When Lili said "Lo voy a matar", she was trying to explain to Martina what had upset her, that she would somehow be responsible for her father's death. She then kept saying, "Me voy a matar" as the only way she could keep her father's death from happening.

I, too, like Santiango with Aurora because they balance each other out. I think she'll eventually get some spunk and it'll be fun to see the change. Someone had suggested Gardenia for him, but that would be too much hyperactivity for one couple. I've been on board with Santi since he first smoothly avoided Barbri's kiss and I love how he needles her with a smile on his face. I'm impatient to get going with the mother-daugher plot line. Does Barbi know she's alive? Did she give her child away or was she taken away? Will her cold heart melt?

Fernanda is a better person than I. I just can't imagine doing business with a guy, mo matter how hot he is, who is so provacative with me, touches me, invades my personal space, and intertwines personal stuff with business. I'd have no confidence in him and would be uneasy alone in his presence. Well, unless it was really F.C. trying to get me to work on a film with him!
 

Okay, now I know why I missed the workout scene, it was a cut to commercial! Whew, just watched it. Yummy! Wonder if we will get to see a shower after it....

I almost thought maybe the doc would have a change of heart when I paused because he found Lili trying to kill herself, but no! I really can't watch the crazy stuff anymore either. To sad.

I like Santiago, Aurora leaves me cold.
 

Loved the recap Ferro. I was thinking of all the women who were screaming and swooning when they showed Eddie pumping those muscles and of course Gardenia got a good view and was captivated. Can we please end the Lil asylum story now. I was at my wit's end watching her convulsing like she was possessed while Martina was b eing chased by the keystone cops. Loved when she kneed the guy and how he couldn't move for a good long time. And the people cheering on the bus was funny. I thought after Eddie tried to call and couldn't reach anyone at the asylum that he was on his way to come to the rescue but instead he was waiting for Nanda at his home I guess to continue his slow seduction. Watching Lil try to cut herself while Martina is running around ragged while the wimpy doctor injects her again was so frustrating I could've screamed.
 

Thank you Ferro, your insights are much appreciated.
I couldn't decide if Obi was frozen because she's doing it herself or his medical oath to healing when confronted with that the moment. But he was willing to fry her brain before. It must be he thought he had found lady luck. He left me with doubts that the shot is intended to kill her.
 

BN in CA, I giggled so much over Jacint's facial expressions! That scene was so well played by the both of them. And Ed/Fr manipulated Gardenia to switch to protecting Jacinto! How can anybody keep up with a Harvard con-man! Fantastic.

Margaritta, how about 'sizzling'? And it looks like that sweet, lovable Gardenia is about to spot the apple on the tree. AH-no, not a crush coming on.
 

I like Santiago too. I'm just not too keen on Aurora. I liked her at first but she has no emotion. I think I would do almost anything to get away from that crazy Dominga. There's only so much abuse a person can take. I think somebody is going to have to tell Gardenia what is going on. She's making me crazy.
 

I caught the workout scene on YouTube. I did see that cut-to-commercial scene lastnight. I thought there was more that I missed.
If Gardenia drools any more, she'll need a bib.
 

Anon~~~I agree ...if it was anyone but FC , I would encourage the guy to step back out of my personal space and stop asking personal questions. [I taught in a senior high with guys who did this.] But I must say that I've had students from Mexico and their idea of personal space was a lot different than mine. Pirate Babe~~I, too, am beginning to feel very frustrated with the show. And Variopinta~~~FC is , indeed, a tremendous cupcake. Super delicious....with sprinkles. The world is a little more beautiful just because he's in it....and a thing of beauty is a joy forever. Carlos~~I will pass on the baby goat because I don't eat baby anything except baby lettuce, baby zucchini, etc....but I wouldn't say no to a nice cold Margarita . ~~~~****HAPPY CINCO DE MAYO***~~~
 

Susanlynn, everyday on the way home we pass a field where goats are raised and right now there are a number of recently born baby goats. They are so frisky and are always frolicking in the pasture when we pass by. They are about the size of a small dog and have markings about the same colors as my pooch, Bonnie Belle(see above). Who would guess something so cute and lively could taste so good?

Carlos
 

Carlos !!! ```ai-yi-yi...Cute, lively, and....yummy. HA !! I'll have to take your word for it because I just couldn't eat a baby !!!
 

Remember that that Fr/Ed knew about Camilo wanting to snoop around his house & he told Jacinto to let him in & he planted that e-mail for Camilo to find. Maybe the firing is for Gardenia's benefit, to learn to keep her mouth shut, but she's loyal to Santorito, so I think he should treat her better. The firing is for the benefit of the Elizaldes, I'm sure Jacinto is still receiving his pesos. He is the loyal friend "Tonto" of Eduardo "the Lone Ranger".
 

OFF-TOPIC

Re goats: Google has announced that they have made the green move of firing their lawnmowing people and hiring goats to "cut" their lawn.

A true story, as near as I can tell.


The Silverfox....
 

I wonder if the writers of The Lone Ranger knew what Tonto meant back in the 30's, 40's?

Mi abuelo raised goats, milk goats, but one day one that couldn't produce anymore ended up on the table, her name was Nelly. I had a lump in my throat that just wouldn't go down when I heard her name. And no one ate much, she was a favorite. No cabrito for me.
 

On my grandapa's farm we had a pet cow named Angel. Never did know what happened to her--don't really want to I guess.
 

A restaurant that was owned by a friend had a goat to do just that, it's name was French, Mozelaun
 

Carlos, Carlos, Carlos...you just can't resist, can you!? Teasing us tender-hearted wimmin.... for shame! Funny though, in a wretched sort of way. Gonna go back to my veggies now....
Miss Judy
 

I just got done spending 2 hours mowing the lawn and it is official: I have Telenovela Theme Song Brain. Aaaaaaaacccccck!
Two hours of the MEPS theme song running through my head!!! (and visions of FrEd, too!-LOL) The visions I can live with, the music . . . . . Socorro!

Goats sound pretty good right now for grass control.
 

Thanks Ferro, I enjoyed all the gems in your recap. I agree with you that Lili's role is getting old and I could have done without someone's reminder that she's gonna be around in that state til the very end (just kidding)! I loved the way you identified those FELS moments. LMAO at "Lady you have to help me keep my promise to the Lone Ranger". Yeah, right! As far as listing the couples we like and dislike, my list may seem wierd but I love the interactions between Babs and gullible Gonzalo. I like interactions between Pricilla and Vlad. Santiago's heart is in the right place but he acts more like a 13 year old than a man. Aurora is portrayed as a young sweet defenseless child like Cinderella who is being abused by an old grizzly looking guzzler. I don't see any acting talent there. That said, out of the 3 telenovelas that I've watched, MEPS is still my favorite so far. PS: To the person who said all the utubes are still there, did you actually click on the links? For me, everything looked good until I clicked on a link. I can't find any that doesn't say somethink like "removed by sender". Please post a link that's working.
 

I'm with you Judy. About the only meat I can gag down is chicken and turkey. I'm not a vegetarian but I feel I'm on my way.
 

BN in CA, I'm with you! Oh. My. Gawd. I haven't been taping since Comcast moved the channel. I'm going to have to tape it tonight just for that transition shot of FC PUMPING HIS BICEPS!!! Good Golly Miss Molly. I'm going to read the recap now to refresh myself on the episode, cause that hunka hunka burning biceps was all I saw.. .Oh, and Gardenia mirroring my facial expression!

Khalilah
 

Ooops, forgot to say thank you, Ferro! (Sorry if this posts twice)

I thought Lili started saying she was going to kill herself after Martina told her they were going to send her away to a clinc overseas. She said, they aren't going to send me anywhere. Her way of insuring that: suicide.

Yep. Definitely a fun/exciting episode!

Khalilah
 

esnovelas' clips are still up. Here is the one with "fan service".
 

Connie, in the interests of "full disclosure" I have to admit that on my son's birthday, I fix him a huge tenderloin and naturally, the cook has to sample her cuisine....and it tastes divine. As long as I'm "sinning" I like to go first class.
 

Thanks Paula for posting that MEPS link. I looked for about an hour last night and found nothing. Guess that proves that I looked in all the wrong places.
When I was young we belonged to a religion that was against eating meat. Even though they equated eating animals with canibalism (sp)?, some of us kids used to sneak and eat hot dogs and hamburgers etc. So, unknown to my parents, I never really stopped. Nowadays I avoid a lot of red meat because of my cholesterol and the calories, but otherwise I have absolutely no guilt about being a meat eater or a milk drinker.
 

I haven't eaten red meat in years. I prefer fruits and veggies. Once you stop eating red meat, it's really hard to start eating it again. It just is not appetizing to me. And to think that I grew up on a farm and my dad raised steer.
 

Anyone know how many years it'll be before Univsion transmits telenovelas like MEPS in HD?

Wouldn't you love to see some of those beautiful scenes in MX in HD.

I think I read someplace that in Cuidad de MX, MEPS is shown in HD.
 

Alice, go to YouTube, then type in the search bar MEPS cap. 56 or meps cap 56 or specfically MEPS cap 56.1, for example or and hopefully if there is an episode it will come up. Usually 56.2 or 56 2 etc.. will appear on the right side so you can continue with the epis in order. Is that what you wanted to know regarding how to find an episode?
 

re YouTube Episodes:

Hi Anne:

Yes, all the YouTubes I've tried work fine. I watched Friday's and Monday's episodes on YouTube. They were posted by esnovelas.

The link for 55.1 is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exjGrOXQ8es&feature=related

Once there, you can see the other parts of that episode (between commercial breaks) in a panel to the right, or simply do a search for MEPS 55 for episode 55.

You can subscribe to the MEPS episodes on YouTube and watch up to episode 138 (today.) They are being uploaded apparently as they are shown in Mexico, which I presume is why they have more than we've seen here in the US.



The Silverfox
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder