Sunday, June 14, 2009

A tidbit of fun from your blog mom (Spanish-language love & wedding songs)

Hi everybody,

I've been pretty scarce these last few weeks, sorry. It's because I've been trying to boost my bands' web presence to try and drum up some wedding business. With the economy the way it is, sadly, many brides are arriving at their ceremonies and receptions with - iPods! Sigh.

So anyway, one of the things I've been doing is recording little snippets of wedding songs and, even though I'll probably never do a Hispanic wedding because I'm such a gringo, I love the Mexican/Spanish love songs and have put a few of them on my new blog - including the one Alma asked for, "Un Rinconcito del Cielo." You can have a listen:

Wedding songs in Spanish.

Let me know what you think!

I'll be recapping MEPS tomorrow...

Labels:


Comments:
Wow, Melinama, the songs are great! I listened to the Rinconcito one and Dame La Mano. Your voice is very beautiful, well suited to this genre, even though it's different from the Celtic songs I'd had heard previously on your website. Hope you get some wedding business!
 

I knew you did some kind of music, but didn't realize you sang! Wow!

I left a suggestion in the guestbook: Ricardo Montaner's "Besame." He did a version of it with Pasion Vega that knocked my socks off.
 

...and I meant to add, you would also knock socks off. :-)
 

Thanks guys! I sure need some encouragement. It's a fun project but the little censor in my head keeps saying I'm a worthless has-been.
 

What an amazing voice! I'm blown away. And the songs are sweet and lovely
 

Ah Melinama...I know that censor voice. I call it my Nazi officer voice. It's harsh, cruel, negative...and totally unjustified in your case.

Wonderful music and who knew you had such a voice? Wow.
 

All I can say is: OH, WOW!!! What a voice you have!! I won't get anything done this morning because I want to hear all of your songs!
 

Thank you!
 

COOL, Melinama!

Loved the songs, especially Te Amare Toda La Vida. Thanks for sharing these.

And what a pretty voice you have! :D

May your business flourish, and flourish.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder