Friday, July 31, 2009

Un Gancho #28 Thurs 7/30 - Some say Beto's full of hot air but I say the kid's a gas.

Dani calls Moni at work. Monita is thrilled to hear chisme from the 5 yr old Dani, that Mau has broken it off with Consti. She runs into Mau who wants to see her outside of work, w00t! Moni hugs Mau, I mean the water cooler, and shares her joy with Pau, but what in the heck is she going to do about that albatross Beto?

Beto is all dressed up and with Nieves' help passes the super sniff armpit test. We can add that to the list of crap jobs she does for him. She has prepared a romantic meal to help him reclaim Monita and ask her forgiveness (for being a thief I guess). She crosses him and says good luck it's your last chance.

Sal sits in Mau's office while creepy cousin and his con man friend mock him about going to jail. Mau says nobody's going to jail but he doesn't act like he completely believes Sal either. Sal is sick of defending himself and puts his hand inside his jacket pocket. Heh, the bad guys think it's a gun. Goose goose, Duck! The meanies hide behind a chair but it's not a gun, it's Sal's resignation.

Consti goes slumming for the monkey and finds a wolfe instead. Beto ushers her into his den and sequesters her before Monita and her giggling pals can see her.

Team Moni (Pau and Estrella) urge her to dump Beto and keep her date with Prince Charming in the Plaza Garibalda. They join forces to make Moni irresistable.

Inside the house where he's waiting for Moni, Roberto finds he can't keep his hands of Consti. She tells him to back off until he suddenly remembers his Moni date and tells Consti she's right, she should get the heck out of there (te pintes de colores). Consti is sick of the bum's rush and decides she now wants to stay, she's not a used rag (un trapo usado), boo hoo, hold me Beto. He fights the urge and says no, she's got to leave, at which point she screams "Don't ever call me in your entire stupid life!" Yep, she's got it bad for him. He moans "she was mine, all mine, and I let her go."

Mau refuses Sal's resignation but the grown up is tired of the futility of dealing with the evil cuz and con man and says they have no more to say, good luck with (looks at Jero) la familia. Jero is happy but Mau runs after Sal.

I always love these tryptich mirror scenes and for once we get to see three different women instead of the usual split personality. The girls dress Moni and hear Beto singing "How I've changed, I'm so in love". "I hate to see him suffer," sighs our spandex-clad heroine. Ah, but does he sing of Moni or Consti?

I guess Mau couldn't find Sal because he's back at the office getting scolded by Gabi, they both know Sal is incapable of such betrayal. How could he let Sal resign? Mau promises he'll fix the Sal thing and everything will be fine.

We have the nightly Dani-hugs-Mau fix and the escuincles congratulate him on dumping the monster. Speaking of which...enter the dragon. Teresa gleefuly wheels out Consti's suitcase and Aldo for once wants to help, get her out the door that is.

Beto serenades Moni in his particular Beto style but she and her friends are not impressed. He gets on bended knee and puts on his poor kitty face. Moni finally agrees to have a bite with Beto but then she's leaving.

Mau tries to leave for his date but Consti traps him and tells him no way will she let him leave because he's going to meet That Woman. She says she'll die before letting him go out the door. (Oh please, please!)

Mau's phone rings (it's Moni calling to say she's late) so Coni pulls a Sergio Sendel, grabs it, throws it and stomps it to death. She's had it!! She bars the door and Mau advances, giving her the stink eye.

Beto has lured Moni into his place and he lights the candles for romantic mood lighting, unfortunately the room still has all the lights on. Beto, get a clue honey. They bicker a little about why she is all dressed up but he wisely changes tacks and asks her, isn't she impressed? He even bathed.

Moni fidgets but Beto persists. He gives her his gift, a precious little monkey. Look in the little stomach, it's a heart that says "Beto and Monita". "Will you forgive me?" he asks.

The Bickersons have nothing on the war of the Roses, i.e. Mau and Consti. His family listens at the door. He breaks through Consti and off he goes. She tries to get sympathy because he grabbed her arm but Aldo says it's nothing and Luisa calls her a whineybutt crybaby (Chillona).

Meanwhile, back in the bright room of thwarted romance Beto plies a reluctant Moni with wine. She wants to know where he got the money and he tries to suck up. She puckers up all right, but only because the wine is vinegar so the romantic mood is broken.

Is our Moni up front about her feelings? No way Joe, she pulls a Candy (Las Tontas) and escapes, leaving her cellular behind.

Moni wanders the Garibaldi at night and consoles herself with her fave snack, esquites.

Meanwhile Moni's gal pals whisper super loudly that the princess has scampered off to meet her prince at Garibaldi. A spying Beto pops out of hiding and attempts to intercept the young royalty but the high heeled players of Team Moni tackle him.

Mau and the Mariachis find Moni and a serenade ensues. This time our off-key Romeo keeps his dulcet tones to himself and instead adorns our little monkey with the gigantic sombrero. The mariachis sing Lastima que Seas Ajena, "It's too bad you are someone else's". He chose this song just for her. He kisses her hand as Vicente Fernandez sings this song in the background. They decide to go to a cantina and talk.

Beto battles the babes but a fatal and fortuitous fart foils the lovelies. Yes friends, the toot was indeed censored, I checked on youtube. Even mami Nieves melts at the aroma. The girls give up and Señor Toot escapes. What good can come of this? Estrella and Pau are partners once again! They try to call Moni but Nieves has her cellular.

Life in the barrio might stink but Plaza Garibaldi has sweet romance in the air until...Señor Toot arrives and Mau suggests they hide under the table. "How romantic" sighs Moni until Mau explains they are hiding from her brother! Nose to nose she begs him to go. Damn, their kiss is thwarted again.

Mau scuttles away just as Beto finds Moni alone. But he doesn't believe she's alone. He infuriates her and she stomps off.

Our next scene has her back at home griping to her amigas about her night of decapitated romance. At least there is one good thing, Pau and Estrella are amigas again and they confirm it with a hug.

The girls are interrupted by Beto's gruff howling, "Monita Monita!" Moni ignores him and Nieves consoles him once again. He asks her feminine advice and like Xime she has three: 1) don't drink any more booze, 2) don't get thrown in jail, and 3) take a bath...every day. Oh, and get the wax out of your ears and listen to Monita. He's afraid he'll become another person. Bathe everyday? Nobody understands him.

Mau gets home and finds Aldo listening to the tele news about Mau and his impending qualifyier. He agrees to take Aldo with him. Mau and Aldo have a father/son type male bonding moment when Aldo surprises Mau with a goodnight hug.

Next day Xime visits Rolu at the racetrack but he's more interested in making time on the track than making time with Xime.

Team Mau gives her a warmer welcome, expecially Tano. As Mau gets into his car Sal walks past, unseen, where he can grab a seat to watch.

Beto is at work, hanging out in the break room, eating cookies, and bugging Moni and Pau. Moni tells Pau to tell the subject (el sujeto) that the cookies are for the administration. Beto tells Pau to tell la sujeta that she can tell him to his face. Moni tells Pau to tell ese sujeto she'll neither talk nor look at him and to get back to his work station. Beto tells Pau to tell Moni he's going to tell the entire company they are novios, they kiss, and they'll get fired. And you too, he threatens Paula. Paula yells at him she'll skin him alive! Beto says nobody talks that way to him except his ma and his novia. Moni cries "Beto I'm not your novia!" She runs out Beto looks really hurt.

Moni serves Gabi her tea and asks if she's heard anything about Sal. Gabi is too afraid of his crazy wife to call her. Moni makes a comment about Sal's innocence and Gabi suspects Moni knows more than she lets on. Gabi tells Moni that Mau is off at the track just as Consti stomps in looking for Jero.

Nextel Nextel Nextel is the message as Mau goes round and round the track.

Consti whines to Jero and Oscar while Oscar tries to fondle her. Then Jero tries to take a turn at physical consolation until Consti pushes him away. She tells them if they don't help her she'll do what she should have done long ago! Jero comments she's going to throw Moni out. Oscar thinks she's going to kill Moni.

Holy bats**t! Hurricane Consti blows on over to Moni, says everything is all her fault and gives her a slap across the face. Moni gets the look of death on her face and wraps her hand around Consti's scrawny throat. Will our little Power Pack let loose or will she show some restraint? Stay tuned until tomorrow!

Tomorrow: Mau gives Moni a half-clad hunkalicious kiss.

Labels:


Comments:
Great Recap...
I've already watched the novela but really enjoy reading your recaps ... by the way

chillona = crybaby

thanks
La Monita
 

Sylvia: I think this was one of your best recaps yet - it was amazing. So well written and non-stop fun from the title (actually laughed out loud) through the last sentence. I love how you interwove creatures, real and mythical from "albatross", to "monster" to "dragon". Best line: "back in the bright room of thwarted romance". Simply great!

My only dilemna is who I'm rooting for more - Mau and Moni or Beto and Connie.

Just when you think Beto can't get any more vulgar, he shows a real moment of vulnerability... There are times I can hardly bear to watch, yet I can't look away. :) What a character!

Loved the singing.

Diana in MA
 

This was a really sparkling recap, Sylvia. I think you must have had fun writing it because I sure had fun reading it....great title, great paragraph transitions,....and as for great phrases...all those that Diana mentioned plus
"fatal and fortuitous fart"......
Ay, amiga, you were on fire as we say.

I love the character of Beto. He has no redeeming characteristics except that of being truly funny...and that's a big plus.

I'm still a wuss so I just leave the room during the skullduggery scenes and then come back and enjoy the goofy humor.

"Crybaby" is a good def of "chillona". I like "whineybutt" also.
 

Sylvia...let me just add, that with your earthy no-holds-barred sense of humor, YOU could be one of the writers on this show. Armpits and farts....who knew? Oh well, relax, lean waaaaaaay back, and enjoy.
 

Thanks La Monita. Crybaby makes much more sense; I updated the recap to now read whineybutt crybaby. (I couldn't leave out whineybutt, could I Judy?)

Normally I don't go for the farty, smelly sort of humor, but for some reason last night's show was just so good-natured I have to admit I laughed aloud. Thanks to Carlos pointing it out that one time I just knew that Beto's little toot had been censored. Can you imagine?

Very often I do see all these characters as animals and I think it's because the writers deliberately portray them as such.

Diana I agree, I think the character of Beto is marvelous. I both loathe and adore him. Several times last night I thought that the actors who play Beto and Constanza looked like they were having way too much fun playing their scenes.

I had a blast doing last night's recap. Thanks for the comments y'all!
 

Thanks for the recap Sylvia. I'm glad you had as much fun writing it as we all do reading.

It will be interesting to see if Moni uses restraint, gives Connie a punch or at least a slap. Whatever happens I think Connie knows that "killing" Moni may not be that easy.

In the preview, it seems that Mau gets in an accident and Paula thinks he died. Since we know that can't happen, I hope it does not mean that someone on team Mau, specifically Tano, is going to die.
 

Sylvia, I agree with the others, this was a super funny recap. I liked lots of your phrases, but especially "Beto battles the babes but a fatal and fortuitous fart foils the lovelies".

Beto's singing turns out to be pretty bad, after all, but you're right, he does have a certain "style".

It's interesting how so many to the plot points in this show (and others, such as MEPS) revolve around the cell phones. I remember last year when everyone was complaining about how dumb it was in FELS that no one had any phones. But, in a way, the lack of phones was a plus, making the world more slow-paced, but personal (if you want someone, you have to physically go get him or her).

And things have changed so much, as one can see from watching Betty La Fea, which originally aired in about 1999-2000, and has portable phones the size of loaves of bread.
 

Spot on title; so true! I feel bad for him, no guy wants to lose his extreme hottie girlfriend to a richer whiter guy. :) But I don't like Beto much really, so he deserves it kinda. I'm sure in the end he'll get something worthy of his bad naco though kinda cute self.

I liked "decapitated romance" and a few other gems you threw in there. Very creative my dear! I missed the first hlf of this so I'll have to watch on the tube. Maybe this time I'll hear the fart! :)
 

It's hard for me to feel too bad for Beto losing Monita when he's busy putting the moves on Connie.

I knew having Mau be a racecar driver would mean an accident and probably lots of hospital scenes eventually, but I didn't think it would happen so soon. Now I'm just hoping there is no amnesia involved.
 

Judy, I just read your comments about your dental surgery and it sounds like you went through quite an ordeal. I hope you are feeling well now.
My surgeon does it in steps. First you have the tooth removed and then return in a couple of months to see if the bone had grown enough to consider an implant. He didn't do a graft with the removal.
The growth evaluation is the point I'm at now.
I ask him if I could just leave the hole in my mouth but he said no that's not a good choice.
I may still chicken out.

Carrie L.
 

That's how my surgeon's doing it also, Carrie. The problem was probably the virus I had, so that I was already sick when I had the surgery. But even so, if this ever happens again, I'm going to try a bridge!
 

Karen, early on (first or second episode I think), Mau had a significant nightmare where he was stuck in his burning racecar. A beautiful mystery woman in red rescued him. Maybe he is having the dream again, maybe it was a premonition and Moni saves him. Then again, maybe it's something altogether different.
 

Sylvia, what a funny recap. I'm late to the study group today because I've been trying to get things set up to use my new laptop to blog from home. So far I've managed to make the word processor disappear. My secretary has taken it home with her (actually she made the word processor vanish) to fix it. In any event I'll get the Mon. recap done and forward it to you to post. It may not be till Tue. AM unless she solves the problem. It's a laptop like Candy had in Tontas. I thought it would be easy. Oh well. Wish me luck. Carlos
 

Oh right, I forgot you will do Monday, for some reason I was thinking Friday. Duh. We will make it work however.

If you have a laptop like Candy then I'm sure a miracle will fix things for you in about 5 seconds.
 

Sylvia, cute Carlos
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder