Thursday, July 16, 2009

Gancho Wed 7-15: How to make your partner jealous Step 1 - kiss an enemy or a naco, flirt with a french speaking weasel...

We open with Mau wanting to beat the frijoles out of Don Cesar. Mona runs up to Estrella but guess who’s close behind. Beto wonders what the heck she is doing here and not at work. She quickly hides her peluca and makes up that she came to get her gym bag. He reminds her she’s supposed to rest after a fight, not train. She sends him off for pan dulces. She then goes in and tries to tell Mau things aren’t as they seem. Don Cesar is just as confused. She tells him to leave, that this is her boss and she’ll explain later. He leaves in a fog. She tells Mau that he’s never hit her. He wonders why she doesn’t use the informal “tu” with her boyfriend. She says sometimes she does and sometimes she doesn’t. He thinks she’s lying and if he doesn’t hit her, then who does?

We now go to the apartment where Xime is telling these two to stuff it, that they betrayed her and Mau and how could they. Monsteranza swears it’s not as it seems, that actually Rolu came up with this idea to make Mau jealous. Xime doesn’t buy it and tells them they should have let her in on their plan then. You areno longer my amigosa. Conni worms a little more and swears she’s in a bad way. Xime says ha, well what if Mau reacts the opposite and sends you to “the rubber” which I think is the same as gumshoes or rubber soles meaning to send her walking. Of course she freaks out at this possibility. Xime tells her she should have thought bout being her best friend before she does all this, and anyway the picture of you looks horrible. She then slaps Rolu for good measure and leaves.

Beto runs into Cesar in the courtyard. He realizes that Beto is going to see Mona and he nervously tries to distract him.

Inside Mau pulls off the wig and tells her she’s lying. She says so what it’s none of your business. She was going to leave until she sees Beto out there with Cesar then she locks Mau in. He wonders if now she’s kidnapping him. He orders her to let him go but she drops the keys down her shirt and dares him to fish them out. Instead he pulls the old ,you employee, me boss, so open. Finally she does when she sees Ceasr and Beto have gone, C convincing B to go for coffee.

Estrella comes in reading the latest social rag, and Mau bumps into her causing her to conveniently drop it at his feet. Of course he sees the smooch. Mona remarks he ought pay more attention to what his gf the saint is up to and not follow Mona around so much. Hrmph. He steals the mag from Estre and runs off.

At the office Oscar is sweet talking Gabi in French about dinner they could have at an aphrodiasac restaurant. Sal watches on annoyed that Oscar is taking his time.


Beto tells his Ma that Mona laughed in his face when he propssed. She tells him, you need to grow up you still act like a boy. I think he takes this as an invite to be more macho rather than mature.

Cesar chats with Mona wondering what the heck was that all a bout? I’m your novio?

Gabi is happy she is not thinking about Sal and she tells Paula. Paula asks her if she wants her to read her palm. She tells all these wonderful things until Gabi says that one of the lines is actually a pen mark and she erases. Vero says that changes everything and now everything will be a failure.


Cesar doesn’t like confusion, that guy was going to break his head! He tells Mona she’s lying to Beto and needs to be honest with him. He knows there’s more to it than just Mau being her jefe or she wouldn’t lie. He tells her she better come clean or it will affect her career. Of course just then Beto shows up.

Back at the office Gabi and Paula are reviewing the photo mag talking smack about Coni when said smackee shows up in the elevator. Gabi greets her affectionately and tells her she can go in to see Mau. Behind her back she calls her a flirt (coscolina).
Back at the barrio, Cesar leaves so Mona can come clean with Beto, but he never ends up letting her talk. He reminds her that he knows they have been brainwashing her at work and that she needs to focus on their plans to go to Las Vegas etc. He lists off her litany of excuses I think for not being intimate with him and he leaves telling her she needs to grow up. Ha.


What the heck is with Katia…she enlists Ivan to help her make her boyfriend jealous. She wants to kiss him outside of some store she knows her boyfriend will pass by. Aldo hears them.

Xime says love is like when you like the color purple, but suddenly it’s out of fashion and not “in” Rolu says he likes purple. He invites her for daquiris which is exactly what she was thinking and just like that he’s above it all and why she likes him and feels loved with him.

Mau and Conni fight about the picture. He that she cheated and she that he did the same with Mona. She gets him to admit that he likes that woman.

She wonders if this is why he asked for some “time” so he can chase Mona. He says she has nothing to do with it, they aren’t working. The argument continues, she saying she helped him through his depression and so on. He still tells her to go.

Estrella also admonished Mona to tell Mau the whole truth to stop all these lies. She finally agrees she will and marches off.

In the office Oscar is chatting with Jero about how Mau can’t leave anything to the kids if he hasn’t definitely got custody of them. Huh? I thought you could leave anything to anybody you wanted including your goldfish, but whatever. He continues to tell Jero that they have to demostrate that Mau is unfit as a papa. Now this guy has balls talking about this in the guy’s own office suite. Gabi and Sal interrupt to take Oscar elsewhere.

Xime and Rolu are off for their daquiris when Coni comes up and yells for Rolu. Xime yells at her and covers him so she won’t touch him. Coni wants him to fix the mess he made but Xime tells her she’s not the center of the universe, when Xime is instead. Anyway Conni gets him to come back with her.

Gabi asks Pau to cover for her because she’s off to the salon. Sal comes out and notices her leaving and maes fun of her. Gabi rightly points out that Oscar unlike him is single, not promised to anyone and doesn’t have a knife wielding woman following him around. Paula adds that he’s hot too.

Mona burst into Mau’s office and tells him she has to tell him the whole truth. She doesn’t get anything out before a commercial. And then Conni and Rolu show up so Mau runs out on Mona. Coni says she brought him to explain. There ain’t no explaining a fist can’t take care of and that’s when mayhem breaks out.

Mayhem breaks out at the mall too when Hector doesn’t give a crap if she smooches losers like Ivan of course she runs off after him and Aldo comes out of hiding. Ivan swears he only did it because she asked him too, but Aldo won’t hear it.

No one wants security to show up because that will just make things worse, Xime wants Mau to hit Conni instead, the whole fight breaks down into Roku challenging Mau to race again and he agrees. Sal rightly figures Rolu manipulated the whole thing, but egos are in the eay now so ther’s no going back.

Aldo goes to visit Estrella who is on her way to an audition for a home video dressed like a sexy nurse. He wonders what kind of home video it is, and she says oh the kind they make these days. He needs a woman to talk to and asks her if she thinks he’s ugly. She laughs and he thinks he has his answer so starts to walk away. She tells him to wait, she’s laughing because of course he’s very handsome.

Gabi is off on her date with everyone watching her.

Coni is trying to talk to Mau again, wanting to return to before. Meanwhile Moni is in the kitchen waiting to talk to him. Vero teases her that she gave up but she says no way and stomps off towards Mau’s office. She opens the door to find Conni kissing him.

Mona runs off and Mau tells Conni to cool it. She figures out the door was open and she knows why. Mona runs to Vero and cries she’s not sure what she is even doing thinking such things.

Coni again is trying to change his mind. Just let him alone already he wants you or he doesn’t so just let him be. But no, she wants to know how much time. When that doesn’t work then she says she wants to at least take care of the kids she has gotten to love. He says no way that’s not going to work, but she begs some more and he caves but only with respect to school and not to decide anything major without him. Fool.

Beto is getting his arse kicked by Costena when Cesar calls him out of the ring and wonders if he spoke with Mona. Beto says what about and Cesar tells him to hold on again to his shoulder. We don’t know what he says.

In the big house Mau calls Tano and says tomorrow morning he wants to race again. Tano says he’ll have the car ready. Just then Aldo comes back and Mau tells him he can’t just leave when he wants. Aldo explains what happened and that he just wanted advice from a woman so he went to see Estrella.yes he saw Mona too, who told him to get home because Mau would be worried. Mau liked the sound of that and smiled.

Back in the barrio Beto wants to chat with Mona he’s mad because he talked with Cesar. She wants to know what about and he acts like she should know. She’s betraying him.

Labels:


Comments:
Good morning Kris. Frustrating episode last night but still there were some delicious moments.

Loved your "beat the frijoles" out of him and your observation that Beto is working on being "more macho than mature". What a way with words.

My favorite moment? Estrella in her home video nurse's outfit! Really enjoying seeing this actress in a comic role after her long grind as an evil child in Guapos. And of course the Gabrielea/Oscar seduction scene was fun. That actress brings a special verve to any scene she's in.

And thanks for the photos. Xime boffing Rolu and Connie is a classic.
 

Kris: Great pictures and recap.

I was disappointed that Xime didn't kick Rolu to the curb. Understandable that her anger was directed mostly at Conni. Women in general place a high premium on friendship and a betrayal such as this is farily unforgiveable. But, it takes two. Not sure why Xime isn't seeing him for the egotistical, conniving snake that he is.

Judy, I totally agree on Estrella. She's very entertaining and one of my favorite characters here.

Diana in MA
 

Great recap! Just one question: I though her name was Paula, not Vero?

-Vivi in DC
 

Fun recap.

A question: Is the new slimy schemer Oscar the same guy who played Flor and Marisela's mobster dad in Guapos? If not, why does he look so familiar?

Of course, when Monita finally decides to tell the truth no one will let her talk. We have many episodes to fill, after all.
 

Yes, Julia, he IS the same guy...mobster boss, slimy lawyer...I don't think he ever has good guy roles. Hope that doesn't depress him!

Having messed up Paula's name myself at the beginning, I'm sympathetic with Kris. But not sure where she got "Vero". But yes, Vivi...it's Paula.
 

Kris, dang I love your recaps and the photos are always a treat. I'm thinking about having my office nurse dress like Estrella. She already raises blood pressures and quickens pulses of my male patients. I'm always amused by the sad looks on their faces on days that she is not here as they hopefully ask,"Where's Kelli today?"

Carlos
 

Great recap, Kris, and thanks again for the pictures, grabbing just the right moments.

We seem to have at least three types of women characters.

1) hopefully delusional. Katia, Ximena, Gabi (with Oscar) and of course, Conni fall into this group.

2) lying to herself (and everyone else) out of fear of being too hopeful - Monita

3) positive, but not delusional (in other words, balanced) - Estrella. On the other hand, I hope she knows what she's getting into with that nurse video.
 

HdM, I wonder if the producer of the video knows what he (or she) is getting in Estrella! Now what other nice sexist stereotype outfits can she wear for us pigs?

How 'bout the tried and true, though a bit stale, French maid w/ fishnet stockings; the stern schoolteacher w/ baleful glare over the top of her glasses while waving a ruler; maybe the classic serving wench with lowcut peasant blouse and bodice, ah, the list is endless...

Trying to like Ximena, but having had a teenage daughter, the eye-rolling and smirking and "Well duh's..." and are not all that charming.

Trying also to see Constanza as a vain and selfish critter, but the actress just has too much of a "girl next door" look to do villainy well.

Enough chit chat. Kris, thanks - another great job.
 

Mike, you are a naughty, naughty boy! Wherever did you get such ideas??

Great recap, Kris. You are so good at grabbing the pictures so they tell the whole story.
 

Thanks for the recap Kris. Ditto with everyone else, always like the pics.
So Mau can't lay a hand on Cesar, but didn't have any problem getting a hold of Rolu. Moni is going to have to find another novio and not Cesar. We don't want Mau pounding on Cesar.
Julia, agree with Judy, you got Oscar right. Seen him a few times and he's always that same sleazy way. Mariana de la Noche just finished up and he was on there, nasty, slimy, sleazy. Last time we saw him there was last week and sadly he had sprouted a new eye in his head. :)
Mike, we can hope Estrella has a varied career for us to follow. :)

JeffMN
 

You know it is Paula...not sure where I got Vero from except that maybe that was her name in another novela I saw. She also looks like someone I know who was named Veronica so maybe that's where I picked it up ..go figure how the mind wanders...I'm trying to fix it but blogger is bouncin' me out for some reason.

I'm glad Aldo went with her to the "casting" for the home video so he could sort of help protect her if needed. It must not have been too bad since it didn't get mentioned again :)
 

Hi Judy and everyone, I've been enjoying reading the recaps and comments occasionally, but have not really watched much of the show.
Judy, you did catch my attention with the word "implant". I'm facing that myself and am just waiting for the bone growth to complete after having the tooth pulled.
I was a basket case just with the removal so I can't imagine an actual implant.
My oral surgeon said "everyone" gets a sedative. I really don't like that idea but at least I know I'm not the only one who wants to avoid medications.

Best of luck,
Carrie L.
 

Oooh thanks Carrie. I've been working my way into a total swivet. I fail to see why they say this is "the best option"...a simpler cheaper bridge is looking better all the time, but I'll suck it up and go through it this time.

Glad to know I have a fellow sufferer and that we have the same disinclination when it comes to medication. If I could heal this dang thing through prayer and "clean living" I sure would!
 

Jeff, I'm not fretting for don Cesar. After all, he's the dean of boxing. He certainly didn't seem too worried. Actually, he appeared bemused. Carrie and Judy, butch up. My dentist Dr. H says the implants are great. He wouldn't mislead me...would he? Carlos
 

Mike, seems like you are familiar with possible Estrella outfits... :)

I bet we see more...that would be fun for sure.

I do enjoy her character very much. I like this actress and I too am happy to see her in comedy as she is almost always a villain. She's great at the comedy!!!

Oh ye of implant doom...I will be facing one myself if I can ever afford it and I think it's scarier psychologically than anything else.

Think happy thoughts and I bet you won't need as many drugs as they say. I, however, welcome better living through chemistry, but I can't do those narcs either, I do get nauseous too and I'd rather feel pain than nausea. You'll be fine and an implant is much better than a bridge at the end of the day. Ask any ice hockey player. :)
 

Ooooh and I just read yesterdays biz.

Carlos it would be exciting indeed to have you along for our ride....I'll have to check out the MEPS line to see what all the hub bub is about...you know you guys complained one time about something else being offensive over there that I missed...I think it was carpe manana...why was that offensive exactly again? I can guess but it just doesn't seem that bad to me. I don't know maybe I'm naive too, but I'm pretty sensitive about these things...
 

Kris, for some time now I've swaggered on this site. Now I'm wondering , "What did you just do?" Fraught with fear I truly am looking forward to stepping up to pay back a bit of what you guys have given to me. No way I can fill the void left by Nickster. He has a youthful exhuberance and cynicism that an old fart like me can ever approach. What I hope I d bring is my love and limited knowledge of the Spanish language, only recently aquired (like most of us here). I hope you guys bear with me as I totter out. I couldn't ask for a sweeter group to debut before. Carlos
 

Oh Hallelujah, I just rushed home to do my recap, absolutely bushed from a way-too-long day at work and discovered that Ganchos had been pre-empted by some Premios. Hooray!! Now I can read Kris's recap and all the comments, after I pour a glass of wine that is. Later...
 

Oh, I wanted to point out a funny play on words during the scene where Consti walks in on Gabi and Pau talking about her. When she arrived Consti asked "tengo monitas en la cara, o que?" and this irked Pau. The saying "tengo monos en la cara, o que?" (Do I have monkeys on my face, or what?) is a phrase that means "Do I look funny?" or "What are you looking at?" Anyway, when Consti used monita instead of mono Pau was justifiably insulted for her friend. I think.

I thought the kissing scene between Katia and Ivan was weird; did anyone else notice the excessive smacking sound effects that were going on? It sounded like someone was walking through mud, not kissing.

Hey Carlos, I know you will be fine. Swaggering is good, especially when you get to a part that's difficult (or impossible) to understand. You can skip over it, BS your way through it, or swagger on by.

Kris, thanks for the wonderful recap and fabulous pictures. I loved the one with the mag at Estrella's feet, not sure why.

I'm very curious how Gabi's date will turn out. I think it will either be very good or very bad. We'll see.
 

Sylvia, enjoy your wine. I was bummed out by noTNs tonight. Had a Rusty Nail , got maudlin, whined a bit, sat on the patio and prayed for rain. Buenas noches. Carlos
 

Sorry I thought about mentioning something but I figured y'all knew about the awards as they had been advertising for weeks. I turned on the news and they are still advertising after the fact, go figure. Total Univision event so I bet they are trying to milk it. I love Luis Fonsi though so it's great he won so much. Anyway, no more shameless plugs for me.

Thanks for bringing up the monitas en la cara...I noticed that too, but didn't type it. Very clever. :)
 

Hi guys....well, I didn't mean to hijack the episode discussion with my neurotic concerns about the implant (yes, I'm in FULL neurasthenic mode...couldn't "butch up" if my life depended on it, Carlos, but you DID make me laugh, which is always good).

However it's nic to read everyone's empathetic comments. Humor and empathy....the best that friends can give each other in my opinion. Gracias one and all!
 

Mike and I have a tendency to mute all commercials and totally ignore them, so we had no idea about the preemtion of Gancho last night. Worked out well for us, though: I had my book club here at our house, so Mike would have had to watch the show on the 18 year old TV upstairs - no captions...

Carlos, you will be great as a recapper, no not like Nickster, but like Carlos, and we are looking forward to it. (While missing Nickster also)
 

I usually notice those Premios ads because they are so in In Your Face. I remember them, just didn't notice they were for last night. Too bad because I probably would have recorded the show. I did catch my boy Juanes winning his umpteenth award, too bad I missed his performance. Luis Fonsi is great too, what a voice that guy has.
 

Sylvia, Juanes is a favorite of mine as well. My favorite Juanes song is still Mala Gente. It was Cynthia Klitbo's evil loony character's theme in Velo de Novia. Every time I hear it I picture her crouched beneath a small table, furiously smoking a cigarette, babbling to herself as she cruised on into total insanity.

Carlos
 

Ha ha!! That's a great visual image. Thanks for the Friday morning laugh Carlos.
 

A Dios le pido, and Camisa Negra are great too!
 

Judy, a Dios le Pido. I first heard this early on in my Spanish learning shortly after starting with my profa. I was wondering who Lepido was as in adiós Lepido. Duh. We listened to the song together. Adriana translated for me and became a huge fan of Juanes as well.

Carlos
 

Carlos, you cracked me up twice!

I recall Cynthia's villainess and thought it was hysterical that they chose a theme song so blatant, but also that poor Juanes really didn't deserve that association. :)

Ha on the Lapido thing...I've done that same thing so many times before even with English songs and it's always funny when the wooden ruler of enlightenment smacks you over the head and you realize how your head's poicture is completely different from what was intended! Hysterical!!

Jees I was so close last week and this week to posting about the awards and I thought of you particularly Cap'n because you'd be off and I still failed to mention. You know, after all day of typing and being on a computer, and then typing furiosly for the 3 or so hours to do the recap, I'm just usually all typed out and my fingers literally hurt, so I skimp for sure. I'll keep that in mind next time.

I missed Juanes too though. I was wincing when 5ta estacion sang with MArc Antony though because Nati is notoriously flat when she sings live, I think someone here even mentioned her before and Marc is just so perfect and particular. It all looked awkward to me, and after a not so great start she managed to keep in tune later on better than I've seen her in the past, I just felt for Marc, can't explain it. That's the worst - trying to sing with someone out of tune...it just makes you sound like crap too, or forces you out of tune as well.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder