Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Amor Monday, October 26, 2009 A lotta Carlota

Friday: Carlota sends Pal over to where Romina is waiting, as she and Carlota planned, to tell Pal that she’s pregnant with Emiliano’s child. Carlota calls her and says Pal is on the way, then thoughtbubbles that one day Chris is going to know Paloma is his and he’ll pay for all his sins. Em finally calls Pal’s cell, but she didn’t take it with her. He leaves a mushy message. Romina tells Pal the bad news. Pal says I saw you kissing German. That was nothing, fakes Romina. I know it’s Emiliano’s baby. No puede ser! Romina says why is that so important to you?

And here we go: Romina says you shouldn’t be worried about that, you should be worried about me, since I’m your friend. I’m never sure about whether what Emiliano is in love, but boy, when he’s with me, he just can’t contain himself. I sure do love him, though. I didn’t mean to treat your house like a hotel, it’s just that I’ve been hiding out because I’m ashamed. I went to the doctor and there’s no doubt.

Romina tells Pal that Emiliano was the first to know. Pal wants to know how reacted. Romina says more like sad and she starts to cry. Pal goes to her and says don’t cry.

Em is walking along a street and dials up German, who’s at work and looking like he’s really relishing it. Em says he needs to unburden himself about something, but the secretary interrupts German, so Em says never mind, I’ll talk to you tonight.

Chris is at his desk and Padre Mateo comes and notes he’s awfully serious. Chris says sometimes it’s hard to know what the right counsel is, whether to advise a person to follow the rules strictly, or to follow their heart. There’s a young man who is in love with one woman, but another woman says she’s pregnant by him. Mateo sighs the human race! It’s the same old story over and over. We feel your pain, Mateo – it’s the same thing we’ve been griping about.

Mateo goes over to the schedule book and checks out tomorrow’s appointments. He spots Natalia’s name and says isn’t that the lady you almost married? Are you sure there’s no conflict – I mean, after what happened with Macarena? Chris assures him they are great pals now, no worries. Mateo looks doubtful.

In the DF, Natalia is having coffee with her friend (Ivonne?). What are we to make of their coordinating black-and-white patterned outfits? The friend asks her why go to Real del Monte? Natalia says she needs time away to clear her head, and she won’t be all alone as Chris is there plus she’s going to visit Paloma. The friend wants to know if she’s going to go back to work, and Natalia says she’ll wait to make that decision when she sees how things shake out with Alonso.

The friend wants to know if Natalia still loves Alonso. Natalia says a part of me does, and he helped after my wedding disaster with Chris. But I’m not sure we’ll get ever past this latest problem. The friend says and what about Chris, huh? Natalia says he’s a priest. The friend says so what? Wink wink, nudge nudge. Natalia arches an eyebrow.

Carlota tells Rufi that if Em shows up, tell her first. Rufi says why is that? Carlota says since when do I owe you any explanations? Diplomatic Rufi says well, you know, what if Pal gets to the door first? Carlota says just do what I tell you.

Carlota sets a couple of big candles by her huge Virgin statue and says ay, Paloma. I want to make it very clear that you’ll be having the same luck in love as your mother did. Laser beams shoot from the Virgin’s eyes and Carlota is reduced to a pile of ash.

Huh? I must’ve nodded off for a second.

Rafa is agonizing over whether to make a phone call. He decides to. He calls Orlando and tells him they need to talk, but not over the phone. He’ll meet him in the jazz bar. Orlando says I’ll be there as soon as possible. He looks puzzled.

Romina is cuddled up to Paloma, crying. Thank you for being with me now, she weeps. I thought when I told Emiliano, he’d say that the baby would be born into a marriage, but he didn’t say anything. Paloma says what are you going to do? Romina says I don’t know, but it’s given my life a new purpose. You and I grew up without fathers – you know how horrible it is. Yes, says Pal in a small voice. Romina says I would like Emiliano to assume responsibility, but if there’s someone else standing in the way, I don’t know what I’m going to do.

At home, Paloma bolts up the stairs and Rufi calls after her. Carlota comes in and says leave her alone. Rufi says can’t you see something’s wrong? Carlota says what’s wrong is that men can’t appreciate the love of a woman.

We see Paloma cuddled in bed under a blanket crying. She has flashbacks of loving, happy moments with Em. Her cell rings. She looks at the caller ID and pushes it away.

We see Em pacing in his office, listening to her cell ring. He despairs. Next we see Romina checking out her figure in the mirror – it’s still okay, but she swats angrily at some bottles on the vanity.

Carlota comes into Paloma’s room and Pal protests that she wants to be alone. Carlota says I just don’t want you to suffer anymore. Why? Why? sobs Paloma.

German, who has helped himself to a cup of coffee, comes into Em’s office and says you sounded pretty upset, so I wanted to come see you. Em says Romina is pregnant with my child. German suppresses a spit take. Just when I was going to marry Paloma, I’m going to have a child with Romina, says Em. German’s eyes shift around.

Carlota is stroking Paloma’s cheek and says I never liked that boy for you. Paloma says but I love him and he said he loves me. Carlota says in the name of love (En el Nombre del Amor, get it?) people tell a lot of lies, commit a lot of sins, deceive a lot of other people. These are things that go on generation after generation. That’s what happened to Macarena and now to Romina. The words of a man are worthless.

Paloma jumps up. But Emiliano’s are true! He’s worth it! She flees to her bathroom with the gorgeous tile sink and splashes water on her face. Carlota pursues her and says I can’t believe you are defending him. Sometimes we’re too stupid to realize that other people are just playing with us.

I hope Em doesn’t do what they did to you. What? says Paloma. Your father abandoned you, and your mother had to give you to people who could be parents to you. No, says Paloma, he didn’t abandon me, he didn’t even know my mother was pregnant. My love, says Carlota, don’t you know Mac told you that so you wouldn’t suffer? And that they’ll tell Romina’s child the same thing if Em doesn’t step up to the plate?

Paloma absorbs that like a body blow, and clings to Carlota, who smirks over her shoulder.

Rafa is waiting for Orlando in the jazz bar which fortunately is jazzless at the moment, so we can hear. Here comes Orlando. Rafa says I’ll make it simple: I know what your past is with Diana, and I want you to know that even though we are divorcing, she is not alone. And I also want you to know that Emiliano is my son. Rafa looks daggers at Orlando who regards him warily and sighs.

Crushed Paloma says to Carlota I guess it’s my destiny to be alone. Carlota says no, my love, I’ll always be with you. Rufi comes in and says you asked me to tell you first when Em came by and he’s here. Paloma says I don’t want to see him! Carlota says I’ll take care of it, and she leaves.

Rufi says what’s wrong? Paloma weeps that her heart has just been ripped out of her chest. She hugs Rufi.

Carlota tells Em that Paloma can’t see him – she’s indisposed, and if he wants to know why, he can examine his conscience. Em says I want to hear it from her. He tries to step through her but she says loudly and firmly Buenas noches and gives him the stink eye. He leaves and Carlota smiles smugly. Life is good!

Next Em calls Romina who is thrilled to get his call and calls him mi amor. He asks how she’s doing and she says so-so. How about him? He says he’s confudido, and he has one question. It’s yours, says Romina hotly. It’s not that, says Em. Does Pal know? Did you tell her? Romina says I didn’t tell anybody, but her aunt was here while I was talking to the gynecologist and she overheard. After that Paloma came over. She’s my best friend, of course I told her then.

Em hangs up and Romina stares at her phone, then smiles. Perfecto! she says. She rubs her abdomen and says your father will be with us, mi amor.

At the jazz bar, things are getting very heated. Orlando says to Rafa you have no idea what Diana, as you call her, is capable of.
R: I’ve been married to her for 20 years and you say I don’t know her?
O: Maybe you’ve known the mask she’s worn all those years, but I know another woman. She is capable of anything just to get money.
R: I won’t let you talk like that about the mother of my son.
O: I’m talking this way because she’s the mother of my son.
R: You just want to get close to Emiliano, to suck him in, to get him to doubt who his true father is. To use him to keep committing frauds.
O: Is that what she told you? Do you know that she made off with all my money?
R: If that were true, she would have had money when I met her.
O: If you want to believe her, help yourself! All that’s important to me is Emiliano and Camila.
R: (slams the table and stands up) Leave her alone!
O: You leave her alone!

A fistfight breaks out and the patrons scramble. The staff finally pulls the two apart and restrains them, and the patrons stare.

R: I’m warning you!
O: I’m not scared. And I’m going to play this out to the end, consequences be damned.
R: This is going to end up bad for my family.
O: It started out bad and it’s going to end up bad for Gudelia. Her farce is going to be exposed sooner or later and you, you’re going to find out that you were her latest victim.
R: Don’t talk crazy. I’m warning you – don’t mess with me or mine.

Rafa shakes off the waiters and huffs off.

German bursts into Romina’s house and grabs her roughly by the wrist. The child you are expecting isn’t Emiliano’s, it’s mine! Romina says are you nuts? German says you’re nuts to think I’d believe your story. You were with him only once and with me a lot of times. Romina says what makes you think it was only once? He’s quite the gentleman and maybe he just talked about the time I wanted to kill myself over him. But it was more than once. I don’t believe you! says German. Romina says I don’t care if you believe me or not.

German grabs her by the arms and says it’s mine, and you have to tell Emiliano. Romina looks scared.

It’s nighttime and Paloma is where she’s spent a large percentage of time in this show – in bed, blubbering. Her cell rings and she picks it up, opens it, looks at the caller ID and snaps it closed again. Why did this have to happen? she agonizes.

Emiliano’s still in his office and he leaves a message. He says we have to talk sooner or later, and sooner is better. Please please call me. I’m dying to see you. I love you. Please don’t ever doubt it.

Romina gives a hefty shove and dislodges German. I don’t have to tell Em anything. You can tell him, I know he’d love to hear it. No, huh? You don’t have the nerve. It’s another one of your little attempts to be brave. German says this isn’t the end of it. Romina says yes it is. It was already over when you had a secret relationship with me. Don’t try to threaten me.

German grabs her roughly by the arm. You’re making me crazy. All these doubts and uncertainties. Romina says well, you earned it. If you were silent about it at the start, you have to stay silent about it. And don’t try to throw a scandal because I’m capable…

Of what? says German. Romina says look out for your reputation as a man, and as a lawyer. She strokes him and says What would people say if I said you took advantage of me when I was a minor? It’s not true! says German. Romina says but I could get everyone to believe it. Get out.

It’s daytime again. Paloma is leaving for school and Carlota says I’ll drive you. Paloma says it’s okay, I can walk. They both spot Emiliano hovering on the sidewalk. Paloma jumps in the car and Em says Paloma! Paloma! Please! He pounds on the window. Give me just a minute! I love you! Please! Carlota drives off, Em chasing after and still pounding on the window until they speed away.

Camila has called an emergency breakfast with Angie to tell her about Romina. Angie says don’t feel so guilty about what Romina does, she’s an adult. Camila says she sure doesn’t act like one. Angie says you gave her good advice, and if she didn’t listen, it’s her own fault. Maybe she wanted to have a child. Camila says she doesn’t like kids. Angie says maybe she subconsciously wanted one to hang onto Em. Camila is startled that a person might do that. Angie says her father abandoned her and then Em. This could be a way to hang on to him.

Camila says that’s awfully sad – that a baby would have to pay for her father’s abandonment. Angie has to get back to work, so she leaves and Diana runs up and says hey, Camila, hi! Do you have time for a coffee? Camila begs off. Diana says what’s happened with us? We don’t see each other. Let’s have coffee sometime this week. Camila says gosh, she’s just so busy with work. Diana makes a pout face and says aren’t we friends anymore? Camila says aw, don’t say that, and she makes a run for it.

At school, Pal has told Lili, who is astonished. Since Romina is wild, Lili says, you’d think she would know just what to do to protect herself. She also is amazed that Pal would believe Romina. Ask Em himself, she says.

Joel has brought Rafa a bag of ice to hold to his bruised face. He says why don’t you bring charges against Orlando? Rafa says I will, but not until Em is out of danger. Unfortunately my hands are tied. Joel says that’s because you have something to hide, so why don’t you just tell Em the truth? Em’s a man now, not a boy, and now that he’s expecting a child of his own, he’ll understand. Rafa says it’s not the same thing. Joel says things like this come out sooner or later and he’ll understand better than ever why you and Diana hid the truth from him.

At the plateria, Orlando tells Em he got in a fight with some robbers in Pachuco, but never mind, Em’s problem is the important one right now. Em looks tragic and says he’s confundido. Orlando says it’s life-changing, but I think you know what a man is supposed to do under these circumstances, don’t you?

Romina happily tells Diana that she’s pregnant with Em’s child and Diana squeals with joy. Romina says Em’s not so thrilled. Diana says she’ll bring him around. They hug happily.

Orlando is soliloquizing in his office. He’s figured out that Romina’s pregnancy news is the reason that Camila waved him off the other night. He’s happy! Now they’ll be closer than ever since they’ll have a grandchild in common. This is excellent.

Chris meets with the sister at Paloma’s school. He’ll be giving the classes the previous priest used to give.

Carlota tells Rufi that she’s proud of the way she’s brought up Paloma when she compares her to how Romina came out. Rufi says Pal is more docile. Carlota says they’re the same, I just knew how to dominate her. Rufi says if domination makes a person happy, then it was a great success. Carlota looks like she’s trying to puzzle out whether that was a compliment or not. Rufi adds But Paloma isn’t happy.

Carlota says it’ll pass. Rufi says yes, but the scars will remain. Carlota says it’s not my fault that these things have happened to Paloma. Rufi says no, but what’s sad is that she thinks her father is dead, particularly now when she needs him so much. Carlota says didn’t Macarena tell her? No, says Rufi. Carlota says Why didn’t I think of it before? Rufi says what? and Carlota says, oh nothing.

Carlota thoughtbubbles: Which would be better, if she knew, or if he knew?

Chris is starting his teaching off with Paloma’s class. He explains that he’s there to teach about Jesus about His love (he stares pointedly at Paloma) and about how things that seem terrible can be put to good use. Paloma’s hand shoots up. She says that sounds good, but things happen that we don’t like, that we don’t want. He explains that those things are to test and strengthen us, even though it’s not easy. God knows why things happen and we have to keep faith. Etc. Paloma seems to be comforted and cheered.

Rafa has stopped by Camila’s shop and she says what part of “don’t come around” did you not understand? Rafa says it’s not about us, it’s about your daughter and my son having a baby together. Camila says we can only support their decisions, but gee, they’re so young.

Rafa notices that she’s sad and says I just want you to know that you can count on me for whatever you need. She’s touched. He says she’ll be a young and beautiful grandmother and that a child is always a blessing. I’ll love it, I know, says Camila. Rafa comes close and says we’ll have that in common, a grandchild and our love. Their song starts up. He says I’ll love the child even more because it’s a part of you. He leans in and kisses her.

Avances: Emiliano jumps the fence of Paloma’s school and comes in dressed as a nun and proposes to her in front of her class. She says okay, but just don’t get into the habit.
(I made that last line up. Sorry.)

Labels:


Comments:
Maggie, Thank you thank you thank you.. Great recap. Is it just me or is this storyline getting much too hard to watch? Are viewers dumping it?

Mildred
Kansa
 

Hola Mildred et al:
I agree that Maggie is an extremely gifted recapper and the dialog at the jazz bar was something I missed during the show. Thanks, Maggie!

On the other hand, I find the storyline mesmorizing. I once tried to make a flow-chart with all the characters in boxes with lines and dotted lines etc. It almost drove me crazy.
I doubt that anybody who is in this deep will bail out now. This story is so interwoven and complicated that it consumed the entire dinner conversation with myself and 2 other couples over the weekend ...just trying to cover all the bases. They all love it too but we all agree that some joy and/or comic relief is in order. Something like Carlota getting hit by a bus and going into a coma or something... lol

Anyway the recaps are something I look forward to every morning. Maybe if nobody is able to do Fridays, someone can set up a comments page and do it like this past weekend... only earlier while we all remember what we saw.

Thanks again Maggie!

Roberto AZ
 

Maggie: I'm an Amor lurker. I haven't been able to watch the program since last Tuesday. Anyway, your recap today is fabulous and funny. I think it has brought the last week's episodios all together.
 

Thanks, Maggie, for the fab recap. I really need the recaps and yours are always great.

If anyone wanted comic relief, all they had to do was take a gander at Emiliano in his Halloween outfit in the promos. LMAO. I'm watching tonight so I can get another look at Emil in drag as a nun and it is not a pretty sight. Pal and all the classmates should be cracking up as well.

Well, it looks like Romina is trying to blackmail Germy into keeping quiet about his being the baby's daddy. If Gerny had any feelings for Romina, they should be replaced by loathing by now.

Maybe Romina and Emiliano won't be forced to wed after all, since Emil seems unwilling at this point to give up his love for Pal.

GinCA

GinCA
 

This novella has been great so far, but this current storyline is just too overdone. I am surprised the writers, who have been moving the story along so well, have resorted to the drunk-but-no-sex/pregnancy accusation thing.
ella
 

Maggie ....your Virgencita laser beam eyes reducing Carlota to ashes....one of the funniest quips I've ever read. You continue to amaze. Thanks.
 

Superb, Maggie, simply superb. Thanks for capturing all those conversations; I was having trouble tracking.

Yay, new commenters coming out of the woodwork! Welcome! I was starting to fear no one was watching this show with us.

Poor Germy. He is in a tough spot. He wants to claim the baby, but Romina really could ruin his life. Even though she obviously couldn't prove anything, the mere suggestion could be very damaging to him.

I think Romina is starting to believe her own lies. Unfortunately for her, probably by the time her baby is six months old it will be readily apparent that it is not Emiliano's child. Germy's coloring is so distinctly dark.

Orlando continues to disappoint me. He's happy about the baby because he thinks it will keep him and Camila together? Once again he totally disregards her suffering.
 

As we have seen so far the writers of this novela have thrown in some unexpected twist. Not the normal way or usual way most novelas go about revealing secrets and all. We have to see whether they are going to Emil marry Romina or if it will be revealed that German is thr ttrue father.I can't wait for Rafael to find out the truth about Diana. As for Natalia she can't hit town soon eh=nough for me. I really like the idea that once Cris finds out about Paloma maybe he might leave the priesthood and can start a family with Natalia and her daughter and Paloma. So I hope Carlota tells Cris and it backfires on her. As for Alonso I want him to comeback and confront Carlota. His marriage i believe is over. i agree also with some peoples assessment of the actor portraying Emiliano he's not really pulling it off. Maybe this is his first acting part?
 

Another informative, stellar recap Maggie. Translating the conversations is sincerely appreciated. Your writing is always filled with great humor and insight.

I'm not feeling either Rafa or Orlando right now. They're like 2 raging bulls, sizing each other up. How about banding together to figure out how to tell Emiliano and determine what's best for him? I understand that Rafa would be inclined to believe what Diana told him but Orlando's statement that money is everything to Diana should have raised a red flag.

So now Carlota is going to torture either Paloma or Cris with the knowledge they are father and daughter. My money's on her telling Cris - most likely under the confessional seal so he won't be able to tell anyone...

Nice to hear from Mildred and Roberto. Mildred, I think anyone who didn't bail when Inaki died (let alone when Macarena died), will most likely watch until the end. One of the things that keeps me watching is waiting to see what gruesome end Carlota meets.

Gin, interesting point that Germ's love for Romina may turn to loathing. I couldn't blame him. I'm really interested to see how he handles this. Advance previews (no spoiler) show German and Emiliano fighting. So, something goes down between the two.

Sure to be another bumpy ride tonight.

Diana in MA
 

I agree with you, Roberto. The tight and intricate plotting on this show is a real treat. Also, I love the beautiful, moody photography and the splendid acting.

The characters are well-drawn and many of them complex. There’s endearing Camila who is trying, but thus far not succeeding, to grab hold of the concept of tough love. There’s Orlando who seems so human I wonder if he is modeled on someone one of the writers know. He’s a decent sort of fellow, but he’s always just slightly tone deaf to other people. Note his clunky advice to Emiliano in last night’s show. There’s Angie who is always there for everyone, handing out excellent advice, but drifting in her own life. There’s Joel, the eager, stalwart boring good guy who probably won’t get the girl. There’s German, wounded and a little bit crooked, crazy in love and lust with Romina.

And then there’s Romina, an antigonista with an anguished heart underneath. I felt that her weepy scenes with Pal last night were not just crocodile tears – she really is lost, and terribly hurt that Emiliano doesn’t love her back, and furious and scared that she came up pregnant.

My own personal joy is Rufi. What a delight she was last night!
 

Roberto & Mildred - I was so fascinated by your comments, I forgot to say welcome! Please keep joining in - it's fun to hear everyone's point of view.

Also, Pasofino - it's great to hear from you again!
 

Truly an excellent recap, Maggie. You got it all, and a lot certainly happened.

I had to fast forward through some of Romina suckering Paloma and Carlota torturing her about Em just being a playboy like all men. Really, it's starting to feel like I felt sitting on my friend's patio and seeing her cat playing catch and release and catch again with a hapless mouse. Paloma just takes blow after blow. I was yelling at her: tell Romina Em loves you; it won't make any difference in the outcome but at least you're not such a doormat.

And why in the world does Paloma continue to fall for the rare display of phony affection Carlota comes up with? Most of the time she treats her like a dog, but when she's trying to manipulate her she gets all "mi amor" on her. And Paloma never seems to notice.

Sorry for the negativity. Every time I see a downer like last night I say I'm going to bail, but the excellent community of recappers draws me back in just to see what they have to say.
 

What keeps me tune into this novela is the writing. Yes it's not exactly sweetness and light as a matter of fact I almost didn't watch because everyone was saying how there really no comic relief from all of the manipulation and evil plotting. The way the writers have written this novela keeps me tune in to see what they reveal for tonight's episode and who is going to spoil Carlota and Romina's plotting.
 

One other thing that sort of amused me - Mateo is like an over-protective mother with one kid about Juan/Cris. He was insufferable about Cris' relationship with Mac, cutting him off from priestly duties before he'd even definitely decided to quit. Got nicer after Cris went back into the fold. And the mere mention of Natalia sets him off into worry mode again. I did like how he handled Carlota when she showed up for her "saintly volunteer" gig.

Anon 1:32, I really don't think there's much chance Cris will leave the priesthood. This is really Catholic Mexico and they never portray that. In retrospect, Mac was doomed once he decided to take off the collar.
 

Maggie, thanks for the recap. If I were Cruel, I would be telling Pal that Cris is her father. At least, leaning that way. Continue to poison Paloma with the thought her father left her high and dry and then spring it on her that Cris is her father. Seems like she would work that way.

Hopefully Pal will listen to Lili and at least talk to Emil. But.. not sure if that would help much. I think she may still say he should be with Romi and 'his' child. Maybe she'll talk to him and tell him about Romi and Germie kissing and he can then confront Germ about it.

Looks like most people are lining up that at least Emil should be around his child and it almost looks like most may think he should marry Romi. Definitely interesting to see if they do get married.
 

Oh.. Too bad Romi wasn't a religious person. Then she could go and confess all to Padre Juan. Now that would have been good. :)
 

Thanks for the great recap. Honestly I was appalled at all the lying going on in last nights episode. Looks like tonight's will be a laugh with Emiliano dressed as a nun.

I actually agree with Mildred but the more unbearable it gets the more exciting it gets.

I found it interesting that Natalia's friend and PMateo think Natalia and JC should get back together or that they still have feelings for each other.

I was also surprised that Rafael is willing to fight for Emiliano. It looks like things will get interesting concerning that.
--TF
 

Maggie,thank you for this awesome recap!I couldnt watch it...and then you came and rescude me!:D
I hope,Romi and Germy sort things out,i like their characters,and they make a great couple!

Wish you the best,
Helena from Estonia
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder