Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Amor Monday, November 2, 2009: Paloma’s cosmic cooties seem to be catching

Friday: Paloma is visiting Natalia and she asks if Natalia can see Chris comfortably, after what happened plus now he’s a priest. Natalia realizes Pal knows they almost married, and says it was a long time ago, and it’s probably the same as it was for Macarena. ¿¿¿Que??? says Paloma.

And thus starts a fun-filled new week for us as we follow the zany capers of those wacky, endearing denizens of Real del Monte. Or I guess it’s actually more like the agonies of those tortured souls, but what the hey. Don’t touch that dial!

Angelica has come back to work, to Orlando’s surprise and delight, as she’s such a good worker. She says she really had to give it a lot of thought, but she wants to keep her commitment. Things won’t be the same, though, she says. Orlando tells her that he’s talked to Camila and found out she’d overheard Angie. Angie’s relieved that Camila didn’t find out through him. Orlando says hey, we’ll just drop the subject. Angie says we’ll try. Emotional klutz Orlando goes to give her a friendly hug and she demurs.

Emiliano is standing in Romina’s living room looking like the wrath of… okay, the wrath of Emiliano. The timpani thunder. Here comes Romina trotting down the stairs. Emiliano focuses in like a laser beam: I know you are, or were, having, an affair with German. Romina gasps I never did! He was chasing me, he even kissed me by force once. Emiliano isn’t buying it. People had been talking about it for some time, and now they’re wondering if the child is his. Que? says Romina, pretending to be astonished.

Emiliano says either you do a paternity test, or you can forget ever seeing me again.

Somehow Paloma has waited until lunch is on the table to continue asking Natalia about Macarena and Chris. She gathers that Natalia identifies with Mac. Were Mac and Chris novios too at one time? She has been wanting to know more about Mac, about her past, about the man she was in love with once.

Natalia can tell she’s in touchy territory. What did Mac tell you? she stalls. Paloma says not much, she was very reserved. I didn’t know she’d known Chris before. Now I’m interested to know more about him, and, since Tia Carlota just tells me half truths, I’m going to ask him. Natalia is relieved and says yes, ask him. I really don’t know much.

Natalia asks Paloma if she’s dating. Paloma is embarrassed to say that she’s been seeing Emiliano, Inaki’s friend. Natalia is understanding and says Inaki would want you to live your life, and he would like it that you’re with someone he trusted.

Paloma says but we broke up – the women in my family are destined to be unlucky in love. Natalia says not just you – a lot of women are unlucky that way. What happened? Well, says Paloma, apparently launching into her tale of woe, but we don’t hear it.

German has come to see Orlando to ask for his help with Em. Orlando says you’ll have to tell me the truth, and German fesses up. Yup, he slept with her. How could you? gasps Orlando, conveniently forgetting that his own hormones slosh around time to time. German says we were going out before she started seeing Em, but we never told him. Tsk! tsks Orlando. German says haven’t you even been loco for a woman?

Orlando feels his pain. I lost everything, money, the woman, a son, says he. German says I lost a friend and maybe a son. Please, he respects you. Talk to him, tell him that I feel horrible about it. I was just crazy in love. A repentant tear runs down his cheek.

Orlando says that girl is trouble – she’s really playing Em along. Do you think the baby is Em’s? German says fat chance. Talk Em into working with me – that’s the only way we can get Romina to tell the truth.

Cut to Romina who is not telling the truth. How can you say that? she huffs to Em. Easy, he says. People saw you kissing him, going into his place. There are photos of you two making out. Bullroar, says Romina. It’s not my fault German was obsessed with me, or that other girls are envious and make up stuff. Em says Where there’s smoke there’s fire (or, as the Spanish dicho goes, the river makes noise because there’s water in it).

Why, Romina’s just devastated that he doesn’t believe her. Em says sorry, but I have to know if the baby is mine. Romina says isn’t my word good enough? Nope, says Em. Romina says I can’t buleeeve that you and German think of me like some, some… easy girl. Sorry, says Em, but my future is hanging in the balance.

So many guys would want what I’m offering you: a family, a child, my unconditional love. And this is the way you treat me?

Em is really furious now: I never lied to you. I was very clear – we were so over. And the only reason we’re talking now is because of this baby. I can’t help it, Romina wails, I’m still in love with you. Em: We go tomorrow to get the test. Romina: And if I don’t? Em: Then you’ll never see me again. Okay, says Romina, but with one condition. If the test shows it’s yours, you have to marry me. I want this child born into a family, into a marriage. Em’s lips tighten but finally he says All right.

Angelica meets happy Joel in a café. He says I’m glad to see you mi amor. Angelica says it’s best you don’t call me mi amor – our relationship can’t continue. Joel says but we get on so well! Angelica says I can’t fall in love with you, because I’m already in love… with Orlando.

Angie has not learned to keep her mouth shut.

She tells him she’s going to finish up her promised time at the plateria, and then she’s going back to the DF and she’s never coming back to Real del Monte. Poor Joel! He’s a prince of a guy, but let’s face it, he just doesn’t have Orlando’s hair.

Rufi goes to the church looking for P. Mateo, but Chris says he’s out. She says she has something on her mind, but she’d rather talk with PM. Chris says I’m all you’ve got right now – tell me. So Rufi says mmmm, well, I promised a person who’s dead now that I wouldn’t tell a secret, but that secret affects another person and now that person now feels betrayed by me for not telling, plus it could affect an additional person. Should I tell?

Chris’s mind boggles. I don’t get it – you’ll have to give me the details, says he. I can’t tell you more, says Rufi. Chris says so are we talking about Mac…. and Paloma? Yes, says Rufi, but I can’t tell you any more so never mind. Chris takes her arm to keep her there. Maybe you’d feel better telling me in confession? Rufi says glurp.

You know, I’d rather not talk to you about certain things, I’ll just be running along now and I’ll see you at Natalia’s. Hold it, says Chris, taking her arm again. Rufi says I have to get back to work. Chris says okay, but don’t leave it like this – talk to Mateo. I will, she promises, and she leaves. Chris looks after her with narrowed eyes.

Carlota has stopped by the bank and asks the manager to bring her her safe deposit box.

Chris is talking to Mateo, and wants to know if Rufi has talked to him. Mateo smiles thinking about what a cheerful soul Rufi is, but says no, she hasn’t come by. I have some good news, says Mateo – I’m being transferred. Why is that good news? asks Chris. We’ve had some differences of opinion, but that’s all in the past. Mateo says it’s good news because guess who’s replacing me? Padre Benito!

Smiling Carlota is pulling things from her large safe deposit box, which from our view looks like a pirate’s treasure. Strings of pearls, great stacks of cash. She gets out a large jewelry box and opens it to display a fabulous diamond necklace worthy of a raja. Our father left this to you, Macarena, too bad you couldn’t use it. You could have paid Paloma’s schooling. It looks better on me anyway.

She gets out the photos she took of Chris and Natalia and says yuck, she has no class. You better figure out that I’m the one who should be in your arms, because if you don’t, even your cassock won’t save you. She puts the pictures in the box, then opens a ring box and takes out a diamond ring which I think was Mac’s ring from Chris, and turns it in the light.

Aron is at Romina’s and he’s telling her she’s completely nuts, agreeing to that test. She says enough with the criticisms, think up something. This is the time you can go for Paloma, I’ve cleared the way for you.

Holy cow, is she suggesting he rape Paloma? Did I understand that correctly? Romina says that way Em will lose all respect for Paloma. Aaron is shocked. Em will do the opposite, he says, he’ll rush to her aid and they’ll throw me in jail for messing with a minor. Romina says then what use are you to me? Aron says and what use are YOU to me? When the results of the test come back, Em’s going to go running to Paloma and we’ll both have lost.

Romina says I thought you were a lot smarter than that. Aron says And I think you were an idiot to have slept with both of them. Romina slaps him. He stomps towards the door. Get out! Romina yells, but grabs him by the sweater. Be warned -I always get what I want, and I’m going to marry Emiliano. You can forget Paloma, I’ll make sure you evaporate from her life. Aron grabs her threateningly and says don’t you even dare! Because if you talk trash about me, I’m going to open my mouth. He shoves her roughly onto the couch and leaves. Romina looks scared.

Carlota comes home and Paloma comes home a few seconds later. Where were you? asks Carlota. Out, says Paloma. I don’t want to be the good an obedient girl anymore. You don’t tell me what I want to know, so I don’t tell you what you want to know.

Carlota says it’s to protect you. Paloma says I don’t want to hear that same old tired song and dance. You aren’t protecting me. And those half-truths you like so much! If you want to know about my life, tell me who my father is. Paloma heads up the stairs, temporarily victorious. Carlota gets all slitty-eyed contemplating this turn of events.

Aron comes home and there’s Angelica. He plops down and asks her please please to tell him how to get Paloma interested in him. Angelica says either love is there, or it isn’t, and there’s nothing he can do. Aron says talk to her – tell her that Em’s going to get married. Angelica says I’m not an option, you’re wasting your time anyway.

I just noticed Angie’s once bouncy hair seems flatter, almost like she’s been out in the rain. I guess it’s all just part of her deflated spirits.

Em calls Paloma on her cell and says he has news. She agrees to meet him in the park.

Tearful Romina calls Carlota and says I have to talk to you – can you come over? Carlota sighs okay. Just as she’s leaving, Paloma is coming down the stairs. Carlota asks where she’s going and Paloma says Who is my father? then flounces out.

Carlota thoughtbubbles I didn’t want to hurt you, but it looks like there’s no other way.

Emiliano is just wrapping up work. Who’d want to work in a room with dark, stone-gray walls? Gloomy, I’d say. Orlando comes in and wants to talk to him about German. Em says I don’t want anything to do with him. Orlando says the guy just got overcome by passion. Em says he should have told me!

Orlando says you fell in love with Paloma! Em says I was just friends with Inaki a short time, not since childhood like with German. And besides, I wouldn’t have gone anywhere near her when he was with her. Orlando says not everyone is so virtuous as you, hijo. Em says don’t project on me what you wish your son might have done. I’m not the son you lost. If I’m virtuous, it’s because my father brought me up that way. Don’t stick up for German. Em stomps out.

Frantic violins swarm in the background while Orlando calls up the lab that is doing his DNA testing. No, the results aren’t in yet. He tells the lady he’s in a hurry and to call as soon as they are in.

Romina tells Carlota Em will marry her if she goes for the test, but it’s German’s child. I knew it, says Carlota, you’re a tramp. Thanks a lot, says Romina. Think of something, or you’ll end up with Paloma married to Em. Carlota sighs angrily, but starts thinking.

A red rose is being set on Camila’s desk at her shop. It’s Orlando, apologizing for losing his head. She apologizes for not telling him about kissing Rafa. He observes that it’s a small town, and everyone knows everything. Forgive me? He leans in to kiss her, but she turns away a little and says she’s been thinking, and she’s just too upset about Romina right now. He says I’ve got some stuff going on too. Camila says I think we should each get our lives together first. It’s better that we call it off. Great, now there’s not one couple left in Real del Monte.

Em meets Paloma in the park. They hug and declare their love. Paloma says I heard you know now. Em says yes, and I’ve talked to German and Romina. She’s going to do a paternity test. I kind of put her on the spot. It’s probably German’s. Paloma says and what if it’s yours? Em gulps.

Carlota tells Romina to act all outraged, but to take the test. Romina says are you sure you know what you’re doing? Carlota says leave it to me. When you go, I’ll already be coming back. Whatever that means.

Pal says you’ll marry Romina? Em says if it’s mine, yes, but if it’s not, we get married. It’s an all-or-nothing deal. Deal, says Pal, and they kiss. Paloma says if it’s yours, you’ll have to forget me forever. Em says I’m sure it’s German’s. That night umm, the conditions weren’t ummm .. I’m sure it’s not mine. Innocent Paloma probably has no clue what he’s referring to.

Another thing, says Pal. If you have to marry Romina, I don’t ever want her to know about us, that we wanted to marry. Em says I’m not going to have to marry her, but I promise. They kiss. The telenovela gods grunt as they push another anvil from the clouds.

Orlando doesn’t want to break up, but Camila says she needs her space, to deal with Romina. Orlando gets mad and says is it really about Romina, or is it about Rafael? Camila says I already told you I broke off with him. Orlando says only because he’s not available at the moment. Camila says I don’t want fights in a relationship. We need to separate for a while. Time will tell.

Big Good Guy action meeting at Natalia’s to do some excellent plotting. Rufi is there, Dr. Bermudez, and Chris. Natalia reports that Paloma’s adopted parents had a big house and no debt that she was aware of. Rufi says Mac wasn’t aware of that. Chris asks if anyone has found anything out. Dr B says he practically threatened Carlota’s lawyer, but no luck, the guy blew town for an unspecified length of time. Rufi figures that he fled. Natalia says surely the papers that Carlota burned were about an investigation Inaki had done that Carmen had brought to Mac, but she doesn’t know if Inaki found out anything.

Dr B says probably Inaki was going to wait until he had married Paloma, and then unmask Carlota. Natalia says right now we’re where Inaki was before he initiated the investigation, and we can’t find Carmen. Chris says it looks like we’ll just have to start over.

Paloma is praying to the virgin in her room. She says she doesn’t wish Romina anything bad, but if she enters into a loveless marriage with Em, it won’t be good for the baby or for anyone else. But if the baby is German’s, it must have come from love, and Romina and he can form a family for the baby. Please don’t let it be Em’s.

Dr B says the young man who took Lic R’s place came to see him - his mother was Dr B’s patient – and Dr B is going to talk to him to see if they can find out about the will. Natalia says she’ll ask her friend Ivonne see if she knows someone they can contact to do an investigation. They all regret that they don’t know who did the first investigation. It doesn’t occur to any of them to do the easy thing and track down Carmen.

Chris says he’s going to press Carlota to tell the truth. Dr B says step carefully. Carlota already knows I’m sniffing around, and if she thinks I’m not alone, things could get worse. Chris asks Natalia if they can keep meeting at her place and she says of course.

Camila kisses Romina good night and wonders why Em came by. Romina says he wants me to do a paternity test. Camila is surprised, and asks Romina if she’d slept with anyone else. Romina says of course not, but people saw me with German and said stuff. Camila says I’m not surprised. You went to Mexico City with him. It’s a small town, people talk.

Romina says see – you’re always against me! She flounces around the room. Camila says I’m on your side, but I did tell you. Romina says the test is tomorrow and Em will be there. Camila says she will go too, but please give up on the idea of marrying Em. Romina says right now all I care about proving it’s Em’s baby.

It’s the next day, and Romina has called Paloma to come over. She tells Pal somebody to talk to. Em has offended her big time – he’s insisting she take a paternity test and she would never, never play around about something so serious as this. I may be rebellious, a little wild, but I would never lie about my baby.

So did you talk to Em about me? she asks. Paloma says I talked to him, but not about that. Romina says don’t tell me you were the one who put it into his head that the baby is German’s! She holds Paloma’s face and says tell me yes or no!

Avances: Romina is lying on a table, a nurse by her with a giant needle. Em and Camila are at her side. Romina squeezes her eyes shut.

Labels:


Comments:
I have been praising the writers of this novela for an long time, now i'm going to hace to correct them. When Inaki and Paloma got into the car accident because they we're going to elope.

I think it was Carmen who told Natalia what had happened to Inaki, and then she got on the phone and talked to Inaki and told him about Paloma's parents being rich. That's why Inaki started the investigation.

So now Natalia has forgotten Javier and Sagario had money. Does not make sense. Also this novela should be renamed to En Nombre De Obessesion.

RoMEna is obsessed with Emiliano.
Carloca is obsessed with Padre Juan Cris.
Aron in obsessed with Paloma.
Orlando is or was obsessed with finding Gudelia/Diana who was pregnant with his child.

Yes this is the second time RoMena has encourage Aron to force himself on Paloma. Which in other words means rape. For someone who is obsessed like Aron is with Paloma you don't make suggestion like that because the might act them out.

German you finally get the nerve to tell someone the truth but it should have been Emiliano. Especially about you being RoMena first then he would know how far she will go with her lies.

I just thought Carloca was the only insane one but now we have to include RoMEna. They both need to be locked up next to each other in the manicomo.

As for where is Carmen get an detective an track her down.

Emiliano you should have took her right then to the hospital and got that paternity test. If you had to wait a couple of days for the results, tell Dr. B about to make sure know changes the results on it.
 

What can Carlota possibly do...kill the technician giving the paternity test??? How can she mess with the DNA???
 

Forgot to say thanks Maggie for the great recap! Love the title.
 

Carloca does have access to a lot of money. She will probably bribe someone. I wonder if she would still help RoMEna after hearing how she's trying to recruit Aron to rape Paloma.

Carloca as for your comment you just have to hurt Paloma. You are reponsible for all the girls hurt. Stop saying this is your first time are act like you reluctant to do it.
 

Carloca if you men by not hurting her by telling herwho her father is. Please do i looking forward to it backfiring on you.
 

Maggie, what a great recap. Lots of fun zingy phrases.

They have thought of contacting Carmen, but they can't find her. Rufi tries calling her house in Spain periodically but she hasn't returned there; she's off traveling somewhere and no one seems to be able to track her down.

I hope Paloma and Cris have a nice private chat and figure out he's her father on their own without Carlota interfering. It would be nice for them to get a head start on teaming up against her.
 

Maggie: Thank you for the wonderful humor you sprinkled throughout this sorrowfest: "wacky, endearing denizens of Real del Monte" and especially "The telenovela gods grunt as they push another anvil from the clouds". Several, so it seems.

You summed it up perfectly with "Great, now there’s not one couple left in Real del Monte." Angie and Orlando are truly meant for each other - they can't keep their mouths shut and can't get out of their own way.

How low can things go? It seems inevitable that Carlota will bribe or murder someone so that the results show Emiliano as the father. How much further can things sink here???

Is there any light at the end of the tunnel?

Diana in MA
 

Julia – I’m thinking Carmen would be locatable. Here’s why: When they called her house, somebody answered and said she was on vacation. So there is a maid or someone there. People who are on vacation check in time to time. So all they’d have to do is leave a message that Paloma urgently needs to talk to her, and leave a number.

I don’t recall that they’d tried that..
 

Well, yes. Rufi tries, but she's a bit slow. Maybe one of the other members of the Good Guys Club will pick up that line of investigation.
 

I agree with Diana. I'll bet Carloca tries to bribe the technicians to say the paternity shows Emiliano as the father.

However, as bad as Carloca is, I don't think Romena could get her to agree to Aron forcing himself on Paloma.

I've enjoyed the recap, Maggie.

Ann-NYC
 

Thanks, Maggie. Great recap, as always.

Well, they took us from the heights to the depths in a big fat hurry. I was almost cheering and actually backed up on the DVR and watched again as Em gave RoMEna what for. He refused to cave in to her lies and insisting how much she loved him. He told her flat out the only reason he was having anything to do with her was the possibility it was his kid.

Then Aron scared the crap out of her when she turned on him, saying she'd poison Paloma against him.

And Camila finally called it off, at least temporarily, with Orly.

And Em kind of put inappropriate boss in his place. I was FURIOUS when he was telling Em he should marry Romina. Now that Orly knows from German what bad advice that was, he STILL sticks his nose in.

But, of course, the anvil was RoMEna getting Em to say he'd marry her if it was his spawn. You just know Carlota is going to bribe some person in the medical office where they do the DNA tests. That's how we get to 170 (yikes!!!) episodes on this one.
 

I know! Things were going so well! Paloma is even sticking it to Carlota! I cheered at that.

So now what? Emiliano will have to marry Romememena? I hope that if so, the ruse is up when the baby has Germy's dark hair and eyes.
 

i too enjoyed Paloma talking back and sticking it to Carloca. How long will it last we all know the girl gets a backbone and insightful one minute and the next she being manipulated and controlled as before.

Emiliano should have never agreed to that condition because we all know now he will marry RoMEna.

As for Carloca plotting i think whether she tells Paloma about Cris being her father or not. I think Paloma will leave her because she said before when she found out Emiliano might be the baby's father she wanted to leave.

That right now would be the best thing for Paloma. Get away from Carloca and RoMEna and live and experience life. Cris and the rest of the good guy club should be careful since Carloca is already stalking Cris.

Emiliano i could understand him getting angry with Orlando when he was trying to get him to forgive German. Emiliano is the blame for being to personal with his boss about his personal business. He doesn't know yet Orlando's is his real father. Someone said in the past i don't discuss my personal life my boss like Emiliano.
 

Anon 4:24, you are right that it would be wonderful if Paloma moved away. But, having seen a lot of TNs, I don't think this will happen, unless they did a screen that says "meses despues or años despues".

It seems like the whole point of this TN is Carlota constantly scheming and ruining Paloma's life. The dramatic tension comes from Pal and Rufi (and before she and Rufi and Mac) being allies trying to defeat Carlota's controlling ways. If Paloma leaves and goes to another town, a lot of the dramatic tension would go with her.
 

I know but i'm so tired of seeing her easily duped. Especially when she caught German and RoMEna kissing.
She knew when RoMEna was going on about being with Emiliano how could she evem think to believe anything RoMEna says now. Lilliana has told her not trust RoMEna along with Rufi and Angelica. So why does she keep backsliding. She needs to stop thinking of RoMEna who was lovable as a little girl and she her for what she is now.
 

Thank you, Maggie for so many laughs in your recap, especially, the line, "the telenovela gods grunt as they push another anvil from the clouds." Yes, a very heavy anvil. And Joel is a prince of a guy " but he doesn't have Orlando's hair." Funny, as well, cause I was really checking out Orly's hair to see if it was a rug. Don't know if it is, probably not. Cris, however, was clearly showing some hair plugs in the front a few episodes ago. Guess, my mind was wandering due to the thunderous music and the scratchy dialogue I couldn't understand,

Anyway, as mentioned before, it must be the radioactive water that has produced a town of sociopaths/psychopaths (Carlota, Romina, Aron, the crooked lawyer, Arcadia. German) and a passel of weak willed and weak minded people (Mac, Paloma, Em, Germy again, Rufi sometimes and the whole town in fact) And now especially Em. Why, oh why, did Em have to agree to marry Romi if the DNA test results show that he is the father. He could have just refused to recognize the pregnancy without proof he was the father and left it at that. He didn't need to agree to marry her. This has plot device and episode extender written all over it.

Still, I am enjoying this novela as it makes more sense than some others on air currently and MEPS, definitely.

GinCA
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder