Friday, November 20, 2009

Gancho Thurs 11/19 #107 - Mau, very buff, rebuffs Coni, in the buff. Will she get boffed? Stay tuned...

Wow, tonight was a winner all right. We'll have undies tossed around, mamas coming out of the woodwork, underlings taking charge, and new plotlines to explore. Let's go!

Coni's trying to seduce Mau, he tells her he "respects" her terms so she should respect his. Their marriage is a farce and she is keeping him from the woman he really loves. Now do him the favor of leaving. "But I'm you're wife and it's our honeymoon" isn't cutting it with our well-chiseled champ.

Mau intercepts Aldo who is coming home late from the wedding. Aldo has been out walking, i.e. he is all stoned and weird-trips-incorporated and refuses to look Mau in the eye. Mau is still not suspicious, duh. Aldo blames himself for the hell in which they are currently living. One thing, the kid looks really good in that pink tie.

Coni, now dressed, admires herself in the mirror and thinks about angry Mau telling her when he looks at her the only thing she provokes in him is loathing. Yikes. Then she thinks about hot Beto who can't keep his paws off of her. She slips silently out of the house.

Over at the barrio Monita looks at a photo of her mother, she thinks about her Mami and cries. Ma is telling Monita she loves her, adores her. Hmmm...the jury is still out on mama.

Mau jumps up from a restless sleep. He recalls Isabels' cruel words to him and how Isabel convinced him to pretend she was dead.

Beto, sporting some spiffy boxers which I suspect will end up on Coni's head before the night's end, is awoken by Costeño. Costie tells Beto that Coni paid him a visit. What? Beto asks does Costie think he has the face of a tourist? (take him for a fool I think) No me engañes! Costi tells him to calm down, Coni has asked him to beckon Beto cuz Coni wants to keep a low profile. She needs to see Beto urgently.

Aldo suffers teen angst and finally calls Estrella Falcón, actrice. She's wearing an interesting zebra print outfit and surpisingly she totaly pulls off the look. She tells her puppy they just aren't meant to be. The poor kid says he can't stop thinking about her all day and just wanted to hear her voice but he'll never bother her again. Click. Now our good-hearted actress is suffering too.

Moni slips out of her house to go for an evening stroll. She runs into the shapely zebra who insists she will accompany Monita, but Moni refuses, she vants to be alone. They share their miseries, Moni's screwed up love and Estrella's pouting puppy. Estre warns Moni twice to be careful on her walk. If our pouting powerhouse didn't pack such a punch I'd be afraid of anvils. But I'm not.

Coni has summoned Beto to her boutique and he has arrived, although he doesn't appreciate her calling him like a (bleep) dog. I wonder what they bleeped out? He says she chose to marry Mau and now she has to live with it. (Ahora te aguantas.) Nice words but how strong will he be? Coni cuddles up, breathes her sexy breath on him, says nobody kisses her like he does. He backs up. She pins him to the wall. Speaking of walls, his is crumbling. Coni presses, literally, and Beto succumbs. That took about three seconds.

Moni goes to her favorite plaza, listens to the spiffy mariachis and dreams a little dream. Well well, her drippy dreamboat shows up and they stare longingly at each other. These two are truly pathetic.

Meanwhile, back at the boutique, Coni and Beto are getting it on, not wasting time staring. "Have things changed now?" he enquires hopefully. She explains Mau is her husband but Beto is her lover, nothing has changed. He tries to make her jealous by telling her fine, he's going to fight for Monita. Coni doesn't want to share him with anyone, especially that circus monkey! Beto insists this talk of Mau is ruining the mood and making him twitch and OMG he lifts up the sheet so Coni can peek at the evidence! She has a proposal, when they are together they'd better not discuss Mau nor Monita. "Come to papa he urges", so I guess the little head is back in the mood.

Our star-crossed lovers moon over each other and are thankful for the little moments they have together. I'm getting cold, let's go back to the bonfire...

...of Coni and Beto. He wants her teeny tiny chones (undies) as a memento and apparently he plans to make soup out of them. (Just kidding I think.) Turnabout is fair play and he tosses his Beto-baptized boxers under Coni's nose. She's not quite as excited over his and she flicks them aside, but whaddya wanna bet she puts them under her pillow tonight?

Mau and Moni are enjoying cups of esquites and whinging about the danger of being together. She splits and honestly, I can't blame her for taking off. After all he did leave her at the altar and ended up marrying someone else.

The next morning Coni arrives home and Tere goes out of her way to let Mau (on his way for his workout) know that Coni is just getting home. (Madrugo? Up Early? Tere sarcastically asks Coni.)

An exhausted Beto also rolls in just as Moni is taking off for her workout. She accuses him of being drunk so he breathes on her. Pheeew, he stinks but not of alcohol. He lets her know he is now working for Sermeño Group for that person who has a moustache but is a woman. He offers to transport messages to Mau if she wishes. She asks whazzup with him? Beto just says hey if you just want to be friends then that's OK with me, I value our friendship. Spoken like a true gentleman...who has just been boinked. (Is he wearing a shirt that says "Suck on my motorcycle"?)

Nieves would love to know where he was last night. She has smiley face earings but her smile is upside down. He mollifies her by telling her he took her advice and told la mona that he wants to be friends. OK, she titters, she'll feed him some chilaquiles for being such a good boy.

Connie threatens Mau. She tells him she peeked into his room and saw he wasn't there, did he go out to meet La Monita? She reminds him what she's capable of, he'll lose the kids, his money, everything if he crosses her and breaks the contract. He clenches his jaw vehemently.

Katia sees Aldo at school. He's totally preoccupied with ear buds stuffed into his head. She wants to know why he's not at class. He chews her head off, tells her to butt out, and he is still in love with Estrella. Ouch!

And who should be standing behind him, arms akimbo? Our shining star, tapping her toe angrily. "I've been looking for you, puppy."

Coni, happy and singing, exits her car, only to be surprised by her reptilian Romeo who has been dreaming of kissing her and doing little things in front of a lot of people. He wants her to call him that night so they can, uh I might need help here, so they can paint the stripe on the skunk like last night? Meanwhile he wants her to recharge his batteries right now by saying yes. She warns him that from now on they can't be seen together. He responds by laying a bit fat kiss on her.

Someone taps her shoulder...Mama??? Coni's mama, quite a looker, has popped in for a surprise visit.

Apparently mama was with some guy named Jean Claude in St. Tropez who fell off his megayacht. Sadly, (and they giggle here) he didn't know how to swim; it was simpy horrible. I get the feeling mama might have helped him over the side. Meanwhile Beto is feeling Coni up so Ma naturally asks, is this big jackal (chacalón) your fiancee? Mama has arrived to attend Coni's wedding tomorrow. Ma, it was yesterday, and whenever you're around you cause trouble. Ma wants to know if Coni was married yesterday then why is she sucking face with this naco today? She sniffs and pronounces Beto's aroma to be worse than French cheese. Beto corrects her, it is the scent of a male. Ma looks intrigued.

Estre tells Aldo he's acting like a spoiled brat. OK, so he thinks everything is his fault. His great plan is to sink even lower? No, he thinks if he gets into enough trouble the judge will realize that Constanza can't control him and will send his sisters and him back to the orphanage. Estrella thinks it's a dopey idea. Aldo says he needed her love and understanding and now it's not her business.

Mama announces she plans to stay with Coni, her bags are in the taxi. Coni thinks this is a bad idea but Beto butts in, says how can she say that to the woman who carried her in her womb for nine months? Mama says this primate has better sense than Coni. Beto kisses mama's hand and bids farewell. Mama says "OK I met your lover now I'd like to meet your husband." Coni balks but Ma says no worries, she understands Coni has a husband who is a millionaire like Jean Claude, but she needs a stud to scratch her itch, it's in her genes so don't fight it. Wow, Mama sure is a pistol! Wait until she gets a load of the millionaire though.

Over at Sermeño Group, Sal is paranoid and thinks that everyone is looking at his toupee. "You all know!" he says and blames Gabriel for outing him. He announces to the office that Don Salvador Ulloa uses a hairpiece! "Are you satisfied Gabriela?" No, not as satisfied as Jero, Oski and Lorenza who are absolutely delighted.

Moni does situps like crazy while Don Cesar coaches. Estre arrives, her red coat matching Moni's pants and DC's jacket. She says Moni has to help Aldo, he's doing drugs. Gasp!

Back at Sermeño Group Beto is mad because he's been demoted to sweeping floors. Pau is insulted because she did it for three years, surely he can do it for five minutes. Beto plans to plead his case to his soul brother...

...who comes blasting into the office, Mau is all business and ready for work. However Gabi gets to him first and requests that Mau not usurp her authority as regards Beto. Now it's Beto's turn. As he sweeps the dust under Mau's rug he readies his case. Mau goes first, he feels that even though he married Coni Beto should keep his word and not touch La Monita. Beto is glad that Mau brought up the subject.

Beto lays it all out. "She loves me, not like you but she loves me. You can't get close to her but I get to see her day and night." He says Mau's green eyes and shampooed hair don't matter any more and now it's time for Beto to take the lead. It may take Mau ten years or never to escape his marriage. In all those years Moni's love for him will cool. That leaves it open for Beto. He asks Mau to excuse him for being blunt, but he's not going to miss the opportunity to recover what Mau stole from him. Beto squints his eyes shrewdly and asks, doesn't Mau know that a thief who steals from a thief gets the monkey?*

*A twist on the saying "un ladrón que roba a ladrón merece cien años de perdon"

Tomorrow: Beto takes charge.

Labels:


Comments:
Wow Sylvia. Great episode and great recap. Glad you and Carlos enjoyed that hysterical mating scene as much as I did. I DO think of you when I'm laughing out loud and wondering if you'll be as delighted as I am.

Loved your "speaking of walls, he (Beto) is crumbling"

Reptilian Romeo (perfect!)

and your riff on how boring the Monita/Mau/Mariachi interlude was compared to the sizzling chones/boxer lustfest between Connie and Beto.

This is certainly a talented group of comedic writers. And the addition of Connie's mama (who seemed to be eyeing Beto like a sandwich) will liven up the mix even more.

And of course your buff, rebuffs, in the buff>>>>>>boffed....clever gal. We've got some pretty good comedic writers right here, methinks.
 

Loved your title !!! After seeing Mamacita, it's evident that the apple didn't fall from the tree. Good morning , Earlybird Judyb !!!
 

...Didn't fall FAR from the tree...I haven't had my coffee yet !!!
 

It's fun seeing Coni completely dismayed. There she was trying to deal with the shock of seeing her mom and all the while Beto was groping her. What a hoot! Susanlynn you may have nailed it...the apple hasn't fallen from the tree.
 

Oh, and another thought, both Mau and Moni can be quite funny if given half a chance, so I think it's cool that they can step back and let others shine. Coni is an interesting character but we haven't scene a lot of history or character development. I mean, we know she has a sister and a mysterious bank account of an undefined amount but that's about all. Didn't mama mention that Katia told her about the wedding? It sounds like Katia's in there stirring the pot as best she can.

Oops, where are my manners. Good morning everyone!
 

Cap'n, did you know that Coni is going to be in Corazon Salvaje ?
 

The quintessential recap. Witty, thoughtful, insightful and simply marvelous Sylvia.

The title was perfect. Along with July, I also loved "Reptilian Romeo" as well as "well-chiseled champ" and my favorite "Spoken like a true gentleman...who has just been boinked." Excellent!

As mad as I am at Coni, I still love her scenes with Beto. I loved the underwear waving and the inexplicable, undeniable chemistry these two generate. Mau and Moni? Snoozefest.

Coni's mama is hot to trot and already entranced and enthralled by Beo's manliness. Would enjoy seeing her with Nieves as I suspect these two hot mamas have much in common at the core.

Susanlynn, I cannot wait for CS to arrive - a great cast including my personal BLMOE, Eduardo Yanez.

Diana in MA
 

Susanlynn, no I didn't know Coni is in CS. That's great news. I know very little about the show, I only saw the one episode and our mains were all children or youths. Did you see my little travelogue of my visit to Guanajuato? There is the one TV shot of the kid who plays Ivan in this show; he plays the young Juan el Diablo. He's all tormented and angst-ridden. It rocks.

Diana, it is just fantastic to have you back. We missed you amiga. I think you are right about Nieves and Coni's mama. Whether they get along or butt heads (I suspect the latter) it will be good fun. I have to say I like how the, ahem, more mature women have interesting roles in this show. Both Nieves and Coni-mama seem to have fascinating and lusty pasts and tendencies. Thank you writers!
 

Hi everyone!

Love the recaps, as always! I have really enjoyed this week's episodes. I was dreading the wedding, but the humor and twists and turns in the plot around it made it actually fun to watch. Good for Mau for rebuffing Coni! He really makes it very clear to her just how he feels. I can just feel his cold disgust!

How funny is Coni's Mom. We see where Coni gets her ways, huh? It should be fun seeing what she will bring to the plot!

Just a fast note before leaving for work: I know this is old stuff, but could someone tell me exactly what Mona's mother said to Mauricio? I've watched the scene and its many flashbacks and still can't understand what she proposed and her rationale. I get the big idea that she wanted him to fake her death in exchange for her being loving to Monita, but why? Just so she could get the transplant? And what did she threaten him with to make him do it? Thanks!
 

Deb, you busted me. My closed captions weren't working well last night and I had a terrible time trying to understand what Isabel said which is why I glossed over it. Hopefully somebody else knows, but what I THINK she was saying was that if Mauricio didn't help her out then she would tell Monita that she was not loved from the moment she existed in the womb, and then she said something about letting Monita know that her worth was somewhere between garbage and filth. Now the big question is why did Isabel do this? Why not just ask her daughter to help with a bone marrow transplant? I don't recall the exact details. Maybe pride? Maybe she doesn't want Monita to see her sick? Maybe fear that if she lets herself love Moni it will be too painful to deal with her past? Maybe she thinks there is a good chance she will die and she thinks it will be easier on Monita if she feigns a quick death rather than going through a slow one?

Thoughts?
 

Sylvia, what a super recap of a very entertaining episode. Coni and Beto were once again so great together. The exchanging of chones was almost too much for me. I laughed so hard that I came close to choking. And Coni and her mom chatting away as if Beto were invisible also cracked me up again. Just that very brief glimpse we got of Coni's mom explained a lot about Coni. I see lots of fun ahead.

Your title is excellent. I love your playfulness with words. What fun. Reptilian Romeo? To be sure.

Good morning Judy, Diana, Deb, and Susanlynn. What a neat way to start off the day.

Sylvia, I finally put together a Dark and Stormy. Excellent!

Carlos
 

Carlos, glad you enjoyed your D&S. They are truly yummy if one enjoys Ginger Beer. Last year I made my own ginger beer from a recipe that a friend gave me. It was delicious and fun and VERY gingery, but it's easier just to buy it.
 

I have a great respect and admiration for mothers in general.

Having said that, I loathed Moni's mom - a stone cold manipulator who showed no real spark of love or tenderness toward Moni, at least from what I saw. I say "saw" as I based my opinon solely on her facial expressions, her dead eyes and sly smiles which did not seem to convey the slightest trace of kindess or caring. I thought she faked her death to be rid of Moni -period.

Sylvia, your comments have given me pause. Perhaps she simply refuses to love Moni Perhaps I am wrong and maybe she will have a change of heart. Your suggestions have strong merit so I will keep an open mind.

Diana
 

Sylvia, thanks for a terrific recap, I laughed throughout, especially at your naughty descriptions of Beto and what was under the covers.

As for Isabel, as upsetting as it is, I think she truly does hate Moni, not for herself, but for what she represents - a cruel reminder of Isabel's gang rape, of which Moni was the unwitting product. She truly didn't want to reconcile with or even see Moni.
But she did want the operation. So if Mau paid for the operation and went along with her faked death, she agreed to pretend to love Moni for the few weeks prior to the operation, and Moni would have fond memories of her. Otherwise, Moni would never see her again. Mau had a very tough decision to make, and now he's stuck with what he did. I still hold out hope that Isabel will one day change her feelings toward Moni, but so far, she hasn't.
 

I think Moni mom wanted Mau to help her fake her death because she did love moni at all something about being to result of a rape. But since she was sick and needed Moni to save her life I guess she felt she would have been stuck with Moni after the operation so, she got Mau to help her by threatening to break him and Moni up.

thats my understanding of the situation
 

Thank you Sylvia for the recap, it was outstanding. I took a moment to look through your pictures of Guanajuato and it looks like you had a great time there. And you ate at a taco stand! That makes you awesome my friend. Usually turist avoid taco stands and markets, something that I understand but if you want to get a true taste of the food here there's nothing like those places. I have a friend who is originally from Ukraine and has lived here for a few years and he loves Tacos de Pastor (have you ever tried them?) but he needs to eat them on big establishments or if they come from taco stands he asks them to go and eats them at home.

Anyway I love that you had such a great time and I love your picture with the beer, you look so happy and relaxed.

I haven't been able to keep up with Gancho since I've been too busy lately but I see that Coni's mom has finally arrived. A little something: Ursula Prats, the actress who plays her, was the villain in "Tú o Nadie" the first version of "Sortilegio".

Jarocha
 

Oh dear, I think Ebony and Hombre are right. If it's true I hope Moni never finds out about her mom, but this is a telenovela so I'm afraid she will.
 

Hombre and Ebony remember Moni's mom's assertions much like I do. As I recall she told Mao if he didn't assist her that she would tell Moni that she despised her so much that she would have left her in a dumpster or on the steps of the church if Nieves and Alicia hadn't intervened. She is one cold bitter lady who I have no doubt we'll be hearing from again...soon.

Sylvia, on Estrella's zebra outfit, I thought like you, why is she wearing that and how the heck does she look so good in it? Also, Coni's clingy little yellow smock looked so good on her as well. She is so pretty that she is going to pretty much have to kill somebody or eat a kitten or puppy for me to jump off her bandwagon. I felt real sympathy for her with her little dental problem.

Carlos
 

I agree that Isabel truly hates Moni because of the circumstances of her conception. She did threaten that if Mao didn't help her with her dastardly plan she would tell Moni that she always hated her and always would. Mao knew that would devastate Moni so he accepted the deal that Isabel would give Moni one beautiful memory in return for the money & the bone marrow. I think she couldn't stand the idea of sticking around and having to have Moni in her life -- so she had him fake the death.

BUT... the night that they spent together was very sweet and she did get to know Monita and see her strength and her heart. I think that the memory of that night will bring Isabel around by the end -- after much telenovela angst, of course.

Coni's mom is a hoot. If there is to be a mixup with her and Nieves -- just a thought here -- what if she turns out to be the elegant woman who got the man that left Nieves at the altar. OOPS ... but if that is true ... Coni & Beto?!?... Nah! they'll come up with a telenovela explanation which avoids that taboo.

Güera from Syracuse
 

I think Estrella's zebra outfit was pajamas. That's why when she wanted to go with Valentina she asked her to wait a minute so she could get dressed.

Constanza's mom is a trip. Now I understand why Katia bounces around between Coni's place, staying with friends, and boarding school in Italy. I wonder if we'll ever meet their father, too.
 

Hi Jarocha, I'm very glad you got a chance to look at the pictures. Guanajuato was such a lovely place and I had a wonderful time. The tacos at that particular stand were the best I had there, and believe me I sampled a lot! At that place I think I got one de Pastor and one chicken. Sometimes chicken can be a bit bland but these were beautifully seasoned and their salsa verde was divine. I never got sick or felt ill, not once. I ate like a horse but I never drank the tap water, nobody did that I could tell.

Thanks for the info on Ursula Prats. As usual you provide us with those great tidbits of information.

Oh dear, Isabel sounds simply dreadful. I guess I remember her saying those things but maybe I just didn't want to believe them.

Pajamas...that makes sense. Dang, she still looked great in them.
 

Ebony and Güera,hey it's good to have ya'll here. Now, I will be expecting comments from you guys Tue. on my Mon. recap. I glad that others are enjoying this super-funny show.

Jarocha, I'm glad that you're back with us as well. We've been missing you.

Carlos
 

Hi folks. Ebony, good to see you over here. And Guera of course, and Jarocha, Diana, and Susanlynn...we love having you all around our little "family table" discussing last night's show.

We had a 6 and a half round trip today to attend a funeral so I am looking forward to relaxing and laughing a bit tonight with our crazy group of Gancho folks...and talking about it all with you folks over the weekend.
 

Sylvia, you had me at the title! Excellent recap. Coni's mom is certain to inject even more fun into this romp. Guess we'll get (have?) to see Monita's mom again, ah well... The 'mature' actors have great parts in this one, rather that just fix dinner. Or, like in the old US soaps, arrange flowers!
 

Judy, what a tiresome day you must have had. Relax, put your feet up, and we'll chat later.

Emilia, isn't it great to see mature characters who are actually doing things? I'm out there mixing it up just like everybody else and I expect to see that sort of thing in the programs I watch.

Thanks for all the comments everyone. TGIF!!!
 

Thanks for your recap Sylvia. Like Emilia, I knew it would be a hoot starting with the title.

Coni's Mom is a trouble maker for sure and looks to be a hoot.

I'll be traveling tomorrow but hope to catch up with you all on Sunday or Monday.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder