Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Sortilegio 12-21: There are evidently no telephones in the Dominican Republic

Sorry for the delay, I couldn't get to the show till it was over! Then I forgot to post it to the sidebar last night, I was so tired... Also, this episode had a week's worth of talking in it. They never stopped talking, ay caray!
  • We see the happy guys with glowing sunburns jumping in the surf - the beautiful purple helicopter comes to rescue them after four months! They don't have four months' worth of beard in my opinion...

    They are taken to the capital, Santo Domingo, where they are met by a flotilla of bureaucrats. Curiously, it is going to take many days for them to get their Mexican passports etc. in order - and oddly, they don't call home to say they're ok.

    The little boy will go to live with other relatives nearby - oh, sad, he doesn't want to say goodbye to his sunburned friends - Alex says they'll send him letters when he learns to read. And that's it for our beachboys tonight.

  • In a car, Useless tells Elena not to tell Maura or Roberta her maiden name, they might tell MJ. Elena says too late, I did already, and besides there are a lot of people named Miranda in Mexico.

    He goes on, "Also don't tell anybody your daughter's my girlfriend." "Why? Do you have a woman here?" "No, no way, it's just I don't want people knowing my business." "I did it to compromise/commit you. But I promise - you help me find Sandra and I'll help get her to marry you." He likes that, "as long as she's not the way she was."

    Elena marvels at what a rich widow MJ is now, and says she'd like to see her "for curiosity's sake." And he tells her another guy died too, Fer, and she's surprised - she knows Fer because his grandfather lives next to her father-in-law. She's titillated to hear of Fer's love for the aged Victoria.

  • Maura, what a busybody! She asks Roberto if he's told his wife Raqhell that her lover (Useless) has another girlfriend. "No, I'm keeping that one in reserve." "And the baby she's expecting, is it yours or his?" "Dunno." "Divorce her!" "And be left with nothing?" "Well, now that MJ's got it all your family's going to be in the street anyway."

    She reminds us how odd it is that MJ evidently has a twin. [Oh sigh, sigh, sigh, I CAN'T STAND those evil-twin subplots, why must they torture us with another one? Sigh, sigh, sigh. --Ed.]

    She says the first time they all thought Alex was dead, she was sad, but this time it's much worse because she is so furious with Bruno.

    Roberto says if Maura goes public with what she knows it's going to be horrible for Victoria, and he questions what will happen to the company.

    It occurs to Maura to buy MJ's shares - she wants to punish Bruno. She's got enough dough to do it. Roberto says, "don't forget me," and she says he's always been a good friend.

  • MJ is fondling a black dress, she wants to wear mourning, Vic says that would be too depressing for a pregnant woman (?)

    The old doc comes to get Victoria to take her to the board meeting. MJ says she'd like to give some of her shares to Vic, Vic says no, she doesn't need them and Alex wanted MJ to have them.

    The ol' doc tries to persuade Vic to go out for a bite after the meeting but she says forget it, and he keeps begging but to no avail.

  • Around the boardroom table - which is a hideous aqua color and clashes with Bruno's purple shirt - and couldn't he have buttoned it up at least for an important meeting? - Raquel squeaks "That's ALL?" at the math that ends up with her getting 11.6 percent, that's to say 1/3 of her Mom's 35% of the shares. "What about the house, my chalet, my expenses?"

    The doc is indignant about dividing Mom's house but Vic says she doesn't care. The lawyers point out it won't look good to the public if Vic gets thrown out of the house. Bruno says Raq can keep the chalet and he'll share the house with Vic. Vic says MJ won't like him to come back but he doesn't care.

    Then the doc says, it's time to talk about the company and what MJ plans to do with her 65% of the shares. Roberto says Maura wants to buy them. B & R = shocked.

    Some lawyer dudes say, well they'd be interested in buying too. Raquel yells, they're going to get rich off OUR patrimony? Doc says they'll have to have a meeting with MJ to discuss it.

    Bruno then points out that with Alex DEAD the presidency is open and this time surely nobody will oppose his ascension. His ma starts to protest and he asks, "Do you doubt my ability?"

    He has supporters at the table but is reminded there has to be a vote, "and MJ is not here." Bruno says it will be four against three - "or won't you vote for me?" he asks his sister.

  • Meanwhile Maura visits MJ, offers condolences, and offers to buy the shares. MJ isn't ready to think about that. Maura leaves. Paula thinks MJ should sell - Alex isn't coming back, and they'll have a pot of money! MJ isn't convinced Alex is dead.

  • Chucho, Pedro, Metiche and Crutches-boy listen while Paula says she wants MJ to sell out and take the family someplace else. Chucho thinks the business shouldn't be deserted - Pedro says it's the first time he's had something of his own and doesn't want to leave Metiche and crutches-boy without a job FF>>

  • Roberto tells MJ about the meeting. If she sells shares to Maura and Lisette, it will be five to four, and Bruno won't be pres. MJ can be pres! She sez, I dunno nothing about construction. She asks Roberto what his interests are. He says, since he got friendly with Paula he's gotten to know MJ and likes her.

  • Raquel tells Useless about the meeting, or rather yells about it. She's furious because she won't be rich any more and also because she knows he's got another rich woman "and I want to know who she is!"

    "Oh, such jealousy, oh, your deplorable lack of faith in me." "Oh, I know! You want me to keep maintaining you while you have another woman." "You seem to be suggesting that I'm a gold-digger." He's hurt. She says she loves him and stomps out. He groans: "How much longer do I have to tolerate this woman?"

  • The bald chauffeur comes for Paula. Erick is lurking behind a building and lets the air out of two tires.

  • Bruno wants to talk to MJ but she's not interested. "Ah, you're judging me harshly," he says, "I had nothing to do with their deaths." "Ah, but you did with the judge, I know perfectly well you went after him and nobody's heard from him since." He says he went and offered money so the judge would stay quiet. "And when he wouldn't, you killed him! All you need to do now to bury what you've done completely - is to kill me." "I'll never do that because I want you." He grabs her, she shakes him off and leaves down another Stairway of Death but does not fall - at least this time.

  • MJ meets Roberto at the bottom of the stairs and says "Tell Maura I'll sell 20% of my shares, 10% for her and 10% for her sister, as long as they promise to be on my side and not let Bruno be president."

    "Do you have a job for me?" Roberto asks with a winning smile, "though you might not believe it, I'm licensed in international relations." He warns her that Bruno's back and might want to get her in the sack. "Don't worry, I'm not the fool I used to be."

  • Felipa and Vic listen from the doorway. Vic puts her hand to her heart. They go inside and Vic moans about her monstrous son.

    Bruno comes to the door - Filipa tells him his ma is indisposed but he pushes in as usual, to say he's moved his things into the chalet, it's his right. "MJ won't like it," says ma, "I don't care." "At least talk to her." "I tried but she blames me for everything." "Do you only think about yourself," cries Vic.

    "Do you want me to build a wall down the middle of the house? Because I'm going to live here and eat here and comport myself in complete liberty." [How I loved Bruno tonight, what a great villain. --Ed.] "But she, in her tender state?"

    He breaks down, "Marcia, Marcia, Marcia!" No, actually he said, "Her her her, always her, can't you think about ME for even a moment?"

    Vic sinks into her chair. Bruno he falls to his knees and takes her hand: "Don't abandon me, I've done wrong but even the worse sinner deserves a chance to change his ways." "You've sinned so much though," she sighs.

    He immediately brings up her adultery and turns to leave. Felipa: "the trunk that grows twisted will never straighten out." She calls him a scorpion; Vic says automatically don't talk that way about my son. Felipa continues: "I call it like I see it. I predict he'll start out all sweet because what he wants besides the money is that girl MJ, and he's planning to conquer her and marry her."

    Vic asks, do you think they were talking about the judge that officiated at the false marriage? Felipa: "Duh." "And can Bruno really have murdered him?" "Lord knows - why don't you ask Maya (The lady at the safari office.)?"

  • Roberto and Useless meet at a restaurant. "Hey, your mother-in-law is sexy, have you slept with her yet?" "No... aww Jeez, Raquel had another jealous fit today." "What do you want me to say? You got yourself into this." "Help me!" "Why should I help you, you got my wife pregnant." "I told you a thousand times, she threw herself at me."

    Again with the "the baby could be yours or mine."

    Roberto changes the subject: "Tell me the story about your mother in law with the splendid boobs." "OK, but I'm warning you, if you mess me up I'm going to tell people you are bisexual." "So what, it's fashionable, and besides, I only indulge once in a while to avoid being bored, and I'm discreet so who's going to believe you?"

    Roberto: "You told me MJ and your fiance are twins but it's complicated and preposterous, so for the benefit of our audience, please go through it again."

    "Her mother married Don Pedro and had three kids: Sandra, Maria Jose and Paula." "But Paula doesn't look anything like Maria Jose." "Probably Elena messed around with the milkman. Later, she met a guy of a good family - Porfirio - who would accept Sandra as his child and lied to his father saying the child was his and that Elena was a widow, and the grandfather really loves Sandra... [I was confused here, any help appreciated. -Ed.]

    ... and years later Elena married a scientist, he does some Frankenstein stuff, and the old guy subsidizes his lab, and old pot-o'-gold will die soon, but he wants to see Sandra, and if she shows up she'll inherit everything, so Elena's desperate to find her." "So what's your plan?" "Find her, slam her in rehab, and marry her, I'll have her eating out of my hand."

    "Aren't you afraid I'll tell all this to MJ and her family?" "No, because deep down I think you still love me." "And do you love me?" "Of course." "No, I don't believe that, I think we're using each other, any kind of love - homosexual, bisexual, heterosexual - has to be based in honesty, and you're not honest with me, you're messing with my wife." "Whoah, I didn't think you were so macho and possessive."

    "Well, no matter what's gone down with you..." "and others," adds Useless... "and others, I am still a man." He puts down some money and gets up, but Useless tries to detain him: "Roberto, despite all, we're still friends." "Friends don't do what you've done." Exit.

    Well, Useless isn't alone for long. A creepy guy with blond hair is just behind him. It's Mateo with a ridiculous dye job! They mutually wink and leer.

  • Ahheeeeee this episode refuses to end.

  • Crutches boy saw Erick let the air out of Paula's chauffeur Arturo's tires. Paula shows up, Erick tries to say hi but she blows him off: "Arturo, let's go,"

    Well, they can't, cause the tires have no air, "Oh that's ok," says Erick innocently, "I can take Paula home." Paula says she wouldn't go to the corner with him.

    Crutches boy, whoops now he's cane-boy, comes up and says, "What's happenin' Paula?"

  • Cane boy accompanies her home in a taxi, warning her not to trust Erick. "I don't trust anybody these days." "I guess that includes me?" "Oh, no," she says sarcastically, but then admits he helped her out just now. "Glad I'm good for something" he says humbly.

  • Mateo tells Useless: "After all I did for them, they sent me to the devil." "But you allied with our enemy!" "Oh, you mean that guy who called himself Mario Aguirre? What could I do? He threatened me - and you and Maura turned your back on me."

    This bit of review completed, Useless says he has a little job for Mateo: find Sandra.

  • Roberto tells Maura and Lisette: MJ will sell them shares if they promise to act against Bruno. Maura says that's exactly what she wants, Lisette says "Bruno's been our friend for years," but Maura is in an unforgiving mood.

  • Katia gossips and complains to Elena about how low-down MJ and her family are, and that Don Pedro (Elena's first husband, father of her children) is a drunk with a crummy store in the marketplace. Elena fake-laughs about this and asks about Paula. More complaints.

    Useless calls and asks if Elena's gotten the bank records yet. Not yet.

  • Back to the ugly boardroom. Bruno thinks the presidency is in the bag, but MJ says she sold her shares that morning to Maura and Lisette and they might not be voting for Bruno.

  • Bruno runs over to Maura's place and asks why she bought the shares. "It's a good business." "Neither you nor your sister know about construction." "We just want to vote against you." "You know how much I've waited for this." "Yeah, enough to kill Alex!" He says no he didn't, she says he's an unscrupulous animal, he says Alex never loved her, she says "He did so but you messed it up by bringing that other woman around, all my troubles are your fault."

    He is vaguely threatening and leaves and thank God, it's over!

Tomorrow: Alex and Fernando return.

Labels:


Comments:
LOL crutches boy good one thanks for the recap Chappel Hill fiddler.

Did Bruno E. Coyote try to have Pimp Daddy E kidnap Paula? This guy never stops.

Ok Felipa when Vicki says she doesn't want to see Bruno don't go opening the door not even a crack.

How ironis Bruno try to kill Alex with his first plot and failed but know one believed Alex when he told them.

Now Alex is missing in action and everyone accuses Bruno of murdering him.Karma is a Beyatch.

Roberto maybe finally getting off of that fence.

I thought the main house belonged to Alex but maybe it reverts back to Vicki after Alex's death.

Why isn't MJ starting a investigation into the death of the judge.

Really how can Katia talk about anyone.

Useless you deserve to be saddled with Raqhell.

Figures material sis wants MJ to sell all of her shares and get out of town.

Elena maybe considering using MJ as a substitute if they can't find Sandra. Maybe she might try to get back into MJ's life now that MJ has a lot of money. Can we say Gold Digger.
 

Great recap Melinama. I was wondering also why the castaways didn't just phone home when they got back to the DR. Maybe they wanted it to be a surprise. Bruno's wheedling makes me sick. I just want to reach out and smack that fake look off his face. Mateo was so creepy. Yuck!
 

Yes, Bruno is awful, but he sure lights up the screen - I love the way he can tense every single muscle in his face and neck!
 

Melinama - thank you for the great recap, snark, and commentary. I haven't watched this episode yet, and look forward to it.
Best comment of the recap:”Ahheeeeee this episode refuses to end.” ROFLOL!!!

Too funny that our Beach Boyz didn't call home the minute they returned to civilization.

I think we could say Roberto is actually licensed in “incestual relations”.

It would serve Paula right to fall madly in love with crutches/cane-boy and continue to live the pauper's life, as counterpoint to her materialism.

I'll bet Roberto would try to marry MJ if deemed profitable and he could unload Raqhell.

Note to Raqhell: If you need money, get a job. Like real people. Maybe you can work at a taco stand, except you possess absolutely no work skills nor people skills... Okay... work at the dog kennels shoveling out you-know-what and hope the dogs don't bite you.

I hope Bruno meets a deliciously appropriate fate. I have never despised a villain so much in my life. This guy deserves an Emmy. Or a Golden Victor.

OT- For all our dog-lovers who celebrate Christmas, here is a really cute short video. Copy & paste.

http://ak.imgag.com/imgag/product/preview/flash/pdShell.swf?ihost=http://ak.imgag.com/imgag&brandldrPath=/product/full/el/&cardNum=/product/full/ap/3173936/graphic1
 

Great recap, particularly with such a dialogue heavy episode! My only fear with everyone accusing Bruno of killing Alex and Fer, is that when they show up Vicky might go back to her old ways and feel that she has been treating Bruno unfairly. We in Viewerville (and MJ) know that he would have killed Alex and Fer if he could. All he needs is opportunity.

I don't think MJ sold her shares to Maura and Lisette yet, but she intends to. Good for her for bringing two more people on to tip the vote balance from the 4 (Bruno) to 3 (Alex/MJ) it's stuck at now, to 4 to 6- and that she made their voting against Bruno a part of the deal for a mere 20 shares. She still holds the majority shares. Go MJ!.

Not sure why the boys haven't called anyone to tell them they're safe. I gues they figure, what harm could a few more days of anguish do to them....Maybe their brains have been fried by all that sun exposure? They did promise to help Charlie's family financially though, so I think Charlie's going to be ok, despite losing his grandpa and missing his new best friends from Mexico. I picture some good schools, some summer trips to Mexico, and a brilliant career for that smart young man, with help from his Mexican godfathers. :)

-Vivi in DC
 

So, what is Roberto up to? I really can't figure him out. The only things I am certain of about him are: 1) He can't stand Raquel; and 2) He really can't stand the fact that Useless is having a thing with Raquel and is in line to be her hubby #2. Oh, and maybe 3) He has a soft spot to Paula who reminds him of his little sister who died.

Everything else about him is up in the air. Is he really helping MJ? Is he really helping Maura? What happens if what these two want is not the same? If MJ, Paula, Alex and Vicky were on one side, and Maura, Useless and Bruno were on the other (with more money and power), which side would he choose?

He now knows everything about: 1) Bruno's original plot to kill Alex and marry MJ (from Vicky); 2) The Mario Aguirre plot; 3) The Miranda-Samaniego family secrets and Useless's plan to marry Sandra for her money. He knows more than almost any of the other players! What's he going to do with that info?

-Vivi in DC
 

I felt bad for Charlie. Made me want to cry. He's such a little cutie. Those guys wouldn't have survived without him!
 

Roberto is out for Roberto.

"Everything else about him is up in the air. Is he really helping MJ? Is he really helping Maura?"

Roberto is helping himself. If Bruno and Raquel are running things, his day$ are numbered. By helping Maura and MJ stay in control (and asking for a job!) Roberto can breathe a little bit easier.


"What happens if what these two want is not the same? If MJ, Paula, Alex and Vicky were on one side, and Maura, Useless and Bruno were on the other (with more money and power), which side would he choose?"

Roberto would choose the side that would be most advantageous to him. Right now, it's not advantageous to be on any side that has Bruno on it.

Also, Maura/Bruno side might have more money but they DON'T have more power.


He knows more than almost any of the other players! What's he going to do with that info?

Well, like he told Maura, he'll keep it in reserve until he can use it in a way that benefits him. Telling the truth about Mario Aguirre didn't benefit him, that's why he kept his mouth shut.
 

Good recap, Melinama. Couldn't agree more that this episodio just went on and on. And with NO phone call! Why, for the love of Pete, couldn't the Beach Boys have called home? That's all I could think of and when one scene after another came up and the entire hour went by w/o a call,it seemed the writers were playing with us and I was really annoyed. I saw the avances so I know they get home OK, but not to phone is beyond cruel.

Doris, thanks for the cute card link. Loved it.

I'm also concerned that Alex and Nando showing up will somehow change minds that Bruno is not such a bad guy after all.

When will Sandra EVER get here? Let's get this twin subplot going already; we've been teased and teased
 

I say let's skip the whole twin subplot and go on to something more productive.
 

Now that Bottle-Blonde-Mateo has been hired to find her, I think the Sandra plot line has officially started up. But maybe this was the plan of the writers all along. They knew when the idea of the long lost twin was introduced everyone in Viewerville would say, "Oh no, not a twin plot twist!" Now, it's been so long we're all begging for them to bring on the twin already. Very clever. ;-)

-Vivi in DC
 

Thanks for the detailed recap. Lot of dialogue and back room intrigue this episode.
Glad I'm not the only one who kept thinking, just pick up the stupid phone and call. Your worth how much you can't afford a pay phone or new cell? You would think that would be the first thing our handsome heros would be wanting to do..ah well. Never underestimate the thinkings of a telenove writer who wants a future dramatic moment.
Roberto sure made the rounds tonight. His license in international relations came in handy brokering all the deals going in last night. When he walked out on Useless that made me think he may be looking to finally align himself with the good guys. I mean, he asked for a JOB! Methinks the man may be getting serious.
And just a few short reactions:
- That hair color on Mateo had to be the single worst dye job/hairdo I have ever had the misfortune to see.
- Wardrobe - please deep six the awkward jewelry on some of our female leads. I spent more time going nuts watching that stupid choker on MJ lst night and wanting to just reach into my TV and straighten the stupid thing out. And that V nechlace on Victoria. They sell those in teen shops for girls. Couldn't you come up with something a tad more mature?
- I had just made a comment to my son how happy I was we were going through a whole episode without Katia, and lo and behold, guess who came bouncing into the room in the next scene. I refrain further comment.
- Raquel - yeah.Work. Four letter word I know, but hey, welcome to the real world.
- Bruno - still not as bad as Carlota, but you know he just chews up those scenes. Hate him, but you got to give him chops for REALLY making you hate his character. Great casting.
Happy Holidays to ALL!!!
 

Great recap, Melinama. I like the way you summarize and use bullets, makes it very easy to follow.

It seems a little weird that the vote for President isn't based on the shares, but the number of shareholders. If it were based on shares, MJ, with 65%, would be able to elect whomever she wanted. So it's based on the shareholders.

Initially, Bruno is happy with his 4-3 lead, but if MJ sells 10% each to Maura and Lisette, they win with 5-4. But why can't Bruno then sell some of his shares to 10 OTHER PEOPLE, and win 14-5? Beanie time.
 

I was really mad at Katia when she "explained" the entire family history to Elena. Elena now thinks (if she believes Katia) that Bruno's a saint, Alex was evil, MJ and Pedro are crooks, Vicki's immoral and Paula's a golddigger (well, actually that last part's no so far off). Hopefully, Elena won't rely too heavy on Katia's descriptions.
 

Heavily, I mean.
 

Great recap!!!

Loved Bruno's expression in the avances when Alex showed up for the family dinner. Tonight s/b a good one.

I watched Abrazame muy fuerte over the weekend. FELS was academy award material next to that one & it had my true love Colunga in it. I didn't know until the end that it was a Salvador Mejia production. We better wish ourselves luck on Corazón Salvaje.
A lot was cut out, which I'm sure didn't help but I'm not sure I could have stood the torture if it was longer.
The re-cappers would have had a blast with that one.
 

Melinima, great job! ITA with Hombre, the bullets were very helpful.

"Now Alex is missing in action and everyone accuses Bruno of murdering him.Karma is a Beyatch."

Oh yeah. Lol. Very true and I'm loving that, Anon.

let's not call our families who haven't heard from us in four months to relieve them of any stress they may have. Que the heck is that?! Man, I liked Charlie, and now they're gonna get rid of him? Sigh.

ROFL about all the comments on Mateo's hair. I was like who on earth is that guy. he looks gross.

Damn, Paula is too much sometimes. Alex is dead. Just sell his shares and be happy with his money. That's really comforting, Paula. What would MJ do without you?

Bruno once again falling to the floor denying he is evil. Seriously, I don't know why, but I find it really entertaining and compelling each time he does that. Wierd.
 

Another beanie moment, why didn't Gabriel tell Arturo & Paula that Erik let the air out of the tires? I believe Gabriel will be very useful somehow.

I think Coqüi will be back & in the Lombardo household.

I'm still waiting for Cuco to do sth heroic, like bite someone or alert someone to danger.
 

I don't know Variopinta. Charlie has a mom and a dad and I don't think they'd be so keen to ship him off to live with strangers in Mexico. Especially after thinking him dead for four months and losing the abuelo on top of it. I'd want to keep him close if I were his mom!

-Vivi in DC
 

Vivi, I think that was a response to my comment. Lol I guess you're right, but darn, one character with so much logic, it's hard to let go. Actually, I didn't know Charlie was going back to his parents, which is definetely better for him.

Moving on...what makes Bruno think MJ is going to marry/accept him after ALL the stuff that happened!
 

Variopinta - Just today my Mexican friend told me that the news from home reports that the Mejía version of CS is tanking, it's so awful, and nobody is watching it. I wonder if that means Looneyvision will put it at the prime time spot here.....
 

I misunderstood, again, I didn't think Coqúi had parents.

Loved the video Doris, I received that in my e-mail this morning.
 

Oh I am confused. Am I calling Coqui by the wrong name? LOL.
 

Cielo de Levy Alex needs to adopt Charlie and bring him back with him to Mexico he''ll be of more help tim than dopey Ferdumbo.

Mateo dye job is the worse followed by Katia's and Raqhell.

Doris someone else mentioned before about how the new version CS is not doing well down there.

I wonder if it will get the primetime spot when it comes here or be shown in the afternoon instead.

We usually get the novelas that get big ratings in the primtime spot when they were shown in Mexico.

That raft was one of the worst i've seen put together in four months time.They would have been better served training dolphins instead to swim them to safety.

Tonight's it's on when Bruno sees Alex is really alive. Yes Bruno believes he would be able to convince MJ to marry him.

I think that's why he sent Pimp Daddy E after Paula for leverage.Thank god crutch boy was there and saw what was happening.
 

They made a huge mistake remaking Corazón Salvaje, since the one with Eduardo Palomo was so popular. And he dying at a very early age doesn't help. It would be like remaking Casablanca or The Wizard of Qz, just not smart.

Jarocha said it wasn't popular but I can't remember if she said it was awful or not.
 

When they said goodbye to Charlie, they said it was time for him to go back to his Mami and Papi, so he's not an orphan. I just think he worked with his grandpa while his parents were probably busy working. They were likely too poor to send him to school before, but I think Alex and Fer will take care of that problem. Charlie will be well rewarded for saving the lives of our beloved blonde Mexican himbos. :)

-Vivi in DC
 

That raft was one of the worst i've seen put together in four months time.They would have been better served training dolphins instead to swim them to safety.

Haahaha! That woulda been entertaining. :)

Vivi, thanks for the info on Charlie.
 

I agree, the raft was so very lame. The actors could hardly get their bodies up onto it.

I think there's a confusion here with the word "parientes." As I understood (and recapped it), this doesn't mean parents, it means relatives.
 

Variopinta while i have never seen the original CS, you're right why mess with a good thing.It seems all novelas eventually down the long will have a updated version.

Can you FELS watchers imagine that maybe in ten years from now, that it will be updated into a new version of FELS.

Cielo de Levy how did you do on finals?
 

Chappel Hill Fiddler iwas laughing so hard by the time the helicopter arrived that whole raft was under water.
 

Chapel Hill Fidler

Did they say Coqüi had pardes o parientes?
 

Loved the recap Melinama. LOL at the nickname for Gab, "Cane boy." This was a boring eppy with mostly rehash. I couldn't believe the boys wouldn't at least ask for a phone to let everyone know they're alright. Can someone please shut up Katia the skank. Please. So it's a matter of time before we finally see Sandra. I hope all this waiting is worth it. I see a possible twin switch story coming. Not a spoiler, just guessing since the inheritance money hinges on Sandra showing up and having her act cleaned up. Looking forward to tonights show when Bruno gets the shock of his life with Alex showing up. Puts a whole new spin on Guess Who's Coming To Dinner LOL.
 

Hi - I am both Melinama and Chapel Hill Fiddler, something happened to my account... Variopinta, I remember it as "parientes" not "padres." But could be wrong.
 

Kowit talks about returning to his Mami and Papi here ar about 50 seconds in,and at 2:08 they talk about his padres (not parientes) again: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R313ToNAOVY&NR=1

-Vivi in DC
 

Melinama - you're right. "Parientes" means relatives, "padres" is parents.

Variopinta - re: CS "Jarocha said it wasn't popular but I can't remember if she said it was awful or not" We can be guaranteed it's awful, or at least a circus, because Salvador Mejía is making it. He brought us FELS, Mundo de Fieras, La Madrastra, etc., which did much better in ratings in Mexico.

There's a non-YouTube web site somewhere with the episodes posted, I think I found it as a link from esmas or telerisa. I haven't bothered to watch beyond the first ten minutes.
 

They mention his Papi and Mami again at the end of that scene, but I know I had a hard time concentrating on what they were saying because of Fer's washboard abs in the background that made me want to reach out and touch them...er, I mean because it was such a touching scene.. ;-)

And the word verification right now is subod, as in Fer y su "bod" guapo...

-Vivi in DC
 

Another fine, funny, and useful recap, Melinama. The bullet format works well in summarizing. Great title, too.

WHY didn't our beach boys rush to a phone? Had the sun fried their brains so they couldn't remember how much they love their mujeres? That just didn't make sense. (Not that that ever mattered in a TN.)

How nice for Bobo and Useless to expound on the code of love for sexual freewheelers. Lots of plot review in this epi, as we are poised to enter the dreaded twin subplot phase. Time to stitch up any rips in the beanie and make sure the chin strap is sewed on tightly.

Alex and Fer need to ask the DR officials if they can rent that deserted island. Then we can send Raquel, Katia, Lisette, Erik,
Mateo, and Ulises for a little visit until the grand finale.
La Paloma
 

Speaking of remakes, I bet not many of you remember the sequel to the book Gone with the Wind & the even worse TV presentation. Do NOT mess with perfection. It was better to be left with the question of, will Scarlett & Rhrett get back together rather than these forgettable attempts.
 

I guess we will definitely be subjected to the punishment of CS since what else would they show & the expense of making it. I feel sorry for the recappers but s/b good for some great snark.
 

Sorti ends in Febuary i don't know if there are any other novelas that can take it's place other than CS.

If the ratings are that bad in Mexico univision just might put something else in it's place instead.

Maybe even move ENDA to the 9:00 time period.
 


“She reminds us how odd it is that MJ evidently has a twin. [Oh sigh, sigh, sigh, I CAN'T STAND those evil-twin subplots, why must they torture us with another one? Sigh, sigh, sigh. --Ed.]” Melinana....no truer words were ever spoken! Sorry for the wordy episode, but your editorial comments made it funnier than the real thing! Thanks for your time in a busy, busy season.

Hombre: Yes, what we have earned about voting shares at Lombardo Construction is energizing! I plan to take my one share of Comcast to a board meeting and use it to vote out the current management!!!

Anon: 3:03 Train dolphins.....too funny!

Vivi: Himbos....really cute!

Vario: I agree with you, the old Corazon Salvaje with Eduardo Polomo will be difficult, if impossible to beat. Eduardo looked sooooooo much the “Salvaje” part of the whole thing... He was thin and angular and had a aristocratic, intelligent, yet indigenous face. I have nothing against EY, but I can’t see him in role where he is living “on the land” as is required in this part. FC would have been a better choice.
 

Mundo de Fieras also tanked. I saw an earlier version of La Madrastra called "Vivir Un Poco" back in 1985 and it was fantastic but La Madrastra looked like a circus. I never watched FELS but I know it was a remake of Pasión de Gavilanes wich was a remake of "Las Aguas Mansas" that I did see and it was very beautiful, it had an obscure '40s atractive to it and nobody ever sang there. I haven't wanted to say anything about "Corazón Salvaje" to avoid judgements before it airs but, you know, it IS produced by Salvador Mejía.

Jarocha
 

Say no more Jarocha. I don't want any of my favorites working for Mejia, especially Colunga, after Abrazame. If you didn't see it, the main event was an auto accident, I think there were 5 in the abridged version. While watching, I would say "oh no not another one". In addition, it was murder by car.
 

Anon, finals were OK. I have a 3.5 GPA, which isn't too bad, but I'm going to have to try harder next semester. I'm usually a 3.8-4.0 student. Thanks for asking. :-)

As to the Charlie topic, I just heard parientes as well. I didn't pay too much attention though so I probably missed the reference to mami and papi.
 

I don't care if EY just stands there, it works for me! Maybe there will be lots of bathing and swimming scenes. I think it is easier to watch when you don't have anything to compare it to. Gosh, I hope they don't remake FELS! Can you imagine! Thanks for the vocab on "padres" and "parientes". I thought they were the same. I've heard the word "papas" referred to as mom and dad or parents is that correct?
 

I watched a little of AMF just for César Évora (who always delivers) but I didn't care that much for it except from Évora and the song from Juan Gabriel. I didn't think that Fernando Colunga and Aracely Arámbula had that much chemisty either, oddly enough she had better chemistry with Pablo Montero, who doesn't hold a candle to Colunga in terms of acting, much less at that time, but they were going out back then so that must have been it.

Jarocha
 

Connie, have you ever seen the old Corazon Salvaje with Eduardo Palomo? I'd be interested in your opinion of Eduardo..
 

Connie: then you will be pleased. Yañez takes off his shirt ALOT. You even see him swimming in his (tarzan like) undies.

Jarocha
 

Did Bruno ask last night during the board meeting that know one thought he was competent to run the company?

This from a guy accused of building slum housing?
 

I saw the DVD of Corazón Salvalje & it was very good, but of course very edited. I can see how fans feel about Palomo.
 

Connie - yes, to the best of my knowledgde "papas" means parents or folks.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder