Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Amor Monday, December 21, 2009: Corpses are piling up, but let’s get to the really important question: What became of Paloma’s bangs?

Friday: Dario copyrights Angie’s book as his own. Meantime, she frantically e-mails him to return her manuscript. He thoughtbubbles Sorry, but your book is fabulous and I’m between a rock and hard place. The police come by and put Natalia and Chris under arrest for the death of Alonso. No puede ser! Carlota, who has butted into this scene, gloats.

Okay, I’m working without a net tonight – no captions. Corrections and additions are very welcome. Also, I’m pooped from all the holiday preparations, so this’ll be a bit slapdash. Here we go:

Carlota tells the police it’s all an outrage. Natalia protests that she was about to leave for Mexico city for Alonso’s funeral. Sorry, say the police, you can’t leave town.

Romina arrives at somebody’s home (Camila’s?) just as Emiliano does. She says she thought he had to work. She came to get some last things, and he says he had a rough day, so he left work. No, he hasn’t picked up his clothes from his dad’s place or from his mom’s place

Romina notices he has the two roses in his hand. What are those for? Emiliano looks a little urpy, but he remembers Angelica’s advice, and tells Romina they’re for her. She lights up. He says let’s live in peace. She throws her arms around him and he looks even more urpy.

Sandra comes to take her art lessons from Gabriel. She says she’s not as good as Paloma, who they both agree has lots of talent. Gabriel asks if she knows what’s up with Paloma and that Emiliano guy. Whooo! says Sandra. That’s a real love story. Including the part about Romina. Gabriel says that pretty blonde? Sandra says you may think she’s pretty, but she’s a bad person who has hurt Paloma a lot. Tell me about her, says Gabriel. If I understand what’s going on inside my students, I can bring that out in their art. Okay! says Sandra settling into her seat and relishing getting to tell the tale. Gabriel looks like sheesh.

German runs into Lili on the street and they start trading angry words about him wanting to take Paloma out. Lili says it’s not about being jealous of you, it’s about trying to protect her from you. Tough, says German. I have a verrrry special interest in her, which doesn’t mean you and I couldn’t have a little something. He swaggers and tries to give Lili a kiss, but she says yuck, I can’t believe I ever saw anything in you. German comes close and says believe it or not, I remember your kisses, your caresses. Lili looks swoony for a few seconds, then comes to herself and runs away.

While Carlota chats with the police (drat – we can’t eavesdrop!), Chris tells Natalia don’t worry. We’ll just go and talk to the police and they’ll see it’s not us, and we can get on to Mexico City.

Now we can overhear Carlota. She is proclaiming to the officers that Natalia and Chris are sterling people, beyond suspicion. Paloma wants to know why they focused on them. The police say they can’t discuss that.

Natalia asks Ivonne to take care of everything in Mexico City, and to take care of her daughter. Ivonne assures her she will. Rufi pats Natalia’s arm sympathetically.

Paloma tells Chris that it’s an outrage. Chris says don’t worry, Natalia and I didn’t do anything and sooner or later that’ll become obvious. Carlota listens and smiles complacently.

Diana is sneaking around the lobby of the convention hotel. She hides from Rafa but spots Luz, the lady who has been so friendly with him. She runs over to Luz, who is bemused. Diana points out that she’s been married to “Rafi” for 25 years. You don’t say! says Luz. Yes, I do say, says Diana. Stay away from him - he’s a married man. Luz says I LOVE married men!

Just then, Rafa approaches, sees them talking, and flees.

Luz laughs and says married men are totally hot. Passionate, attentive. Diana’s mouth falls open. You don’t have to wash their clothes, says Luz, or clean the house. I’m so grateful to you! To me? says Diana. Yes, says Luz, you take care of all that and I take care of the sex. He is sooo hot in bed. She walks off, leaving Diana hissing and sputtering.

Paloma wants to go to the police station with Chris. Chris and Carlota tell her she can’t. She hugs him and says she’ll just die if anything happens to him. Then she tells Natalia that she can count on her for whatever she needs.

Emiliano is packing and notes he doesn’t have much. Romina says she had closets full plus she had to bring the things for their son. Son? says Em, thrilled. How do you know? Romina says it was on the paternity test, but we were so emotional at the time, we didn’t pay attention. Em hugs her with joy. And she, still clutching her roses, is blissfully happy.

And what if it had been a girl? she asks. Em says A girl would have been good too. But I can teach a boy soccer! (rats, I missed the next lines, but I think Em said something about being united, and that Romina says when you love me). She tilts her face up and he has the urge to kiss her. Just then the maid Juanita comes in the door. She said she thought she heard noises.

The appearance of Juanita tells us that we are in Diana’s house. How did we get there? Why would Em go there if he doesn’t want to talk to his mother, even if he needed his old socks? Did I miss something?

Em asks where his mother is and Juanita says she’s on a trip – she went to Valle de Bravo. Romina, says ooooh I get it! Now I get why my mother came home.

Carlota asks the police if she can talk to Chris for a second. Okay, says the policeman, stepping away.
Carlota: Cristobal…
Chris: (interrupting) Padre Juan Cristobal.
Ca: Whatever. You know you can count on me.
Ch: Thanks, but that won’t be necessary.
Ca: I’m ready to sell my soul to help you.
Ch: I don’t doubt it. But I’m innocent.
Ca: The law is the law.
Ch: There’s a higher law that regulates everything.
Ca: I don’t think so – we aren’t always rewarded in this life. Otherwise, you’d be with me.
Ch: I’m where I’m supposed to be, and with whom I’m supposed to be, namely God.
Ca: But maybe He won’t be able to save you, as He wasn’t able to save Macarena, remember? And maybe I have a way to save you.
Ch: I’m not afraid, don’t you understand? Natalia and I had nothing to do with Alonso’s death. I don’t need you.
Ca: Sure? I might really surprise you.
Ch: Oh, for Pete’s sake. I’m leaving this in the hands of God.

The police put them in the squad car, and a couple of onlookers marvel and gossip. One says Padre Chris is a saint.

Night has fallen in this corner of the planet and Diana is sitting primly on a lounger poolside, her purse in her lap, crying. Nobody is around. But I love you Rafa, why don’t you love me? she cries quietly. I’m so much better than Camila, I know it. And certainly better than that broad here. Why can’t you love me?

We know the answer to this, but, unlike Luz, we don’t like to twist the knife when we see someone so distressed.

Luz and Rafa are having dinner and they are laughing about her encounter with Diana. Luz says now that I know you a little, I can’t imagine you married to someone like Diana. Rafa says Diana has a fun side, and she was a single mother and I saw the opportunity to form a family. I ended up with a wonderful son. Luz gushes that she’d love to meet him. Really? says Rafa, whipping out his wallet to show her a photo.

He’s so handsome, Luz raves. He could be your real son, you resemble each other so much. He’s like my own, says Rafa. I was afraid when he found out he wasn’t, things would be horrible, but we’re closer than ever. Luz bats her eyelashes in approval.

Back to Diana, now sitting silently erect on the lounger. Joel is walking past the pool area and spots her. He comes over.

Diana wonders out loud how it has come to this. Joel says you want to hear the truth, or what you want to hear? Diana selects the truth. Joel says if ever a man was in love with his wife, it was Rafa. He would have done anything for you. Diana interrupts Until that golfa Camila came along! Joel says no, You just didn’t value him, you weren’t understanding, compassionate.

You think so? says Diana sadly. If you would have given him that, if you would have given him what a man needs from his wife, I’m sure he would still be with you right now.

Diana thinks, then jumps up. Thank you! She says, ecstatic. I know just what I’m going to do! She trots off.

What did I say? Joel wonders.

Back to Luz and Rafa: She understands how he stuck with Diana for his son, but he says it would be unfair to characterize it like that: He and Diana had a lot of good years, but she changed and there were a number of bad years. Years! says Luz. I don’t see how a person can stay in a bad relationship for years. Rafa says life is made up of both good and bad moments. You try to overcome the bad ones and carry on together. Luz, headlights on bright, says But everything has its limits. If I were in that situation, I’d leave and look elsewhere for happiness. And even if you don’t believe it, I think you feel the same as me. Salud! she says, smiling hugely and holding up her shot glass.

Is she trying to liquor up this middle-aged softy?

Rufi, Carlota and Paloma arrive home. Paloma is still upset that she couldn’t go to the police station. Carlota says even if everybody thinks Chris is so great since he’s a man of the cloth, they wouldn’t have hauled him in if they didn’t have some sort of proof.

Paloma says You’re wrong! I’m sure he didn’t do it. Rufi is outraged too and says, I agree! I’m sure your father is innocent.

Paloma swings around to look at her, surprised, and Carlota makes big eyes. Rufi says um, I was referring to Padre Juan, of course! The gears in Paloma’s brain are turning. Carlota tells Paloma she doesn’t want her in that police station, Paloma protests and Carlota yells enough! Paloma runs out of the kitchen.

And you, Rufi, Carlota snarls. Take care what you say! Rufi removes herself too.

Carlota thoughtbubbles: And you, Cristobal, you will beg me to save you. I will go to war with you and your God. Ahhhhhhhh sing some basso profundos.

Police station. The police put Chris and Nat in a room together. Apparently it doesn’t occur to the police that a pair of suspects might jump on the opportunity to cook up fake stories if they’re left alone together in detention.

Of course we know they’re innocent so all that happens is Chris again says don’t worry and she again complains that her place is with her husband’s body in Mexico City. She leans on him and he hugs her. Unfortunately they’re in a room with a big glass window through which we see the police staff staring at them hugging. Chris looks over and sees them. He closes the Venetian blinds. That oughta throw them off!

What happened? says Nat. Never mind, he says, hugging her some more.

Paloma frantically paces in her room, thinking. She has her cell in her hand.

Em and Romina have been to Starbucks and how they’re walking arm in arm. She asks if he wants to talk to his mother. E: No thanks, What for? R: She’s your mother. E: I know, but as long as she keeps copping this attitude, as long as she keeps following my father and won’t give him his freedom, I don’t want anything to do with her. R: I think she keeps hoping he’ll get back with her. E: It’s never going to happen. Their relationship is permanently destroyed.

Em’s phone rings. Romina pulls at his arm and looks at the number, then furiously says Paloma! He takes the call anyway. Paloma says she’s sorry to bother him, but something horrible has happened and she needs his help. She tells him what happened and asks him to help her escape from her house so she can get to the police station.

Chris is sitting nearby and someone is typing in the background while Nat tells the detective that they couldn’t have done it – in fact, she came to this very station to report him missing. Why do they suspect her and Chris? The policeman shoves Carlota’s accusing letter made of clipped out words across the desk towards her. Chris jumps up to look at it.

TUM TUM TUM go the timpani.

Chris says this isn’t any kind of proof. Anybody could put something like this together. True, says the policeman. But there are also these photos. They show you two being awfully affectionate. Nat flips through them. She and Chris are stunned.

Carlota is happily draped on a fainting couch, delighted with her success. Rufi approaches the door with a cup of tea just in time to hear her say You fell right into my trap. But unfortunately she then switches to thoughtbubbling. Thank you Alfonso, for trying to kill me. Aloud: You’ll end up being mine in the end.

Rufi backs away from the door and does her own thoughtbubbling: Dios mio! Help Cristobal. Macarena, wherever you are, help him!

Who took these photos? Natalia wonders. Chris says who cares? The reality is that Nat and I just have a great friendship. Natalia weepily swears on her dead husband and her daughter that there was never anything between her and Chris. I guess she means recently.

Chris says wait – is this a formal questioning? Why is that person taking down what we say? The detective says it is more or less. Chris says we have the right to a lawyer. Stop typing he tells the typist, who does. This isn’t a formal declaration, states Chris. Okay, says the detective, closing his file. It’s your right. I can get you a lawyer.

He leaves, and Nat melodramatically asks Chris who took those photos and why. I don’t know, says Chris, but all this will get straightened out. Put your confidence in God.

Romina and Em have just come home and she says if you go, I’m going with you. He says what are you thinking, you in your condition? Romina says I’m tired of not being able to do anything because I’m pregnant. Don’t go! We were just starting to get along; we’d stopped fighting. Paloma calls, and everything gets complicated again. If it weren’t for Paloma, we’d be so happy, Em.

Don’t be like my mother, Romina, he says. Paloma isn’t the cause of our problems. Then why do you go the minute she calls? Because it’s important for me. And because whenever she needs me, I’ll be there. Besides, it has to do with Padre Juan.

Great, says Romina, then I’m stuck here alone. Em goes over to her and tries to be nice, but now he’s talking softly instead of yelling and has his back turned, and the music is thundering so I can’t make out what he’s saying. I think he ends up saying that they are married and need to make peace with one another. Don’t wait up. He leaves.

Romina struggles with tears, feels her stomach and addresses her fetus, but the violins are too loud for me to understand her.

Orlando is checked through airport security, takes a few paces and opens the jewelry box and looks long and lovingly at the diamond ring, oblivious to the possibility of greedy criminal eyes in the crowd which might spot it. He could get mugged in the parking lot.

I don’t know if you’re going to accept his after your time in Valle de Bravo but I have to trust in you, Camila, he thinks. My love for you is TAN GRANDE.

Em is hurrying down the street while on his cell with German. He tells him to get right down to the police station – Padre Juan needs a lawyer!

Camila is at the airport waiting for Orlando, trying to talk herself into being happy. She knows she has the right to be, and now she just needs the strength to follow through. Or something like that; the background music is too loud.

Chris calls Padre B and fills him in. Padre M flutters nearby. Padre B tells Chris to keep in touch and that he and Padre M will pray for him. It looks like Padre M has already started without being told “go.” Padre B hangs up and he and Padre M discuss everything and hope it resolves very quickly.

Em is below Paloma’s balcony and he calls on her cell. They’re all set. She gets ready to go on the balcony when Carlota comes in and sees her parting the curtains. I thought you’d be in bed!

German shows up at the station, surprising Chris. German says I’m a lawyer and Em told me you needed me. Chris wonders how Em found out but Germ doesn’t know. Natalia says we’re innocent. German says he’ll go out and talk to the police to see what’s up. He leaves, and Chris looks kindly at Natalia and takes her hand.

Em is waiting under the balcony wondering what’s up. Meantime, Paloma nervouses around her bedroom and tells Carlota she couldn’t settle down. Carlota says well at least go to bed. Paloma goes to her wardrobe, switches the light briefly off and then back on (a signal to Em?) gets out her robe. She does the light thing again. Carlota says knock it off, what’s wrong with you?

Em texts What’s up?

Paloma goes in the bathroom, shuts the door, and says I’m changing – goodnight, Tia! She puts her robe on over her clothes. She texts Em I’m in the bathroom. Wait.

Carlota hollers if you can’t sleep, come to my room and I’ll give you a tablet. Okay! hollers Paloma back.

Now with her robe covering her clothes, Paloma again parts the curtains when Carlota bursts back in. She says I don’t want to happen to you what happened with your mother. You have big illusions about Natalia and Padre Juan. Don’t put your hands in the fire for anybody. You could get burned. Just because he wears priests’ robes doesn’t mean it’ll save him from doing bad things.
Paloma says I think he’s a wonderful person and I trust in him completely. Carlota says that’s exactly why I said that. Don’t be so nervous. Go to sleep. Why are you in bed with your robe on? I’m cold, says Paloma.

Okay, goodnight, and Carlota leaves.

Paloma locks her door from inside, takes off her robe and starts to climb over her balcony. I always wear heels when I’m climbing over a balcony, don’t you? Paloma too!

Luz the leech has got hold of Rafa’s arm while they’re walking the resort hotel’s grounds. She says look at all the stars! and drags him out to the lawn, and down onto the grass to lay on their backs to see the stars better. I haven’t done this in years Rafa says smiling. And why not? Says Luz. Rafa says it wasn’t the sort of thing Diana liked to do.

I love the stars! Says Luz. She twines her fingers in his. Rafa says you do know what I’m feeling, don’t you? Luz says I do! I love feeling your skin. I like being next to you.

Rafa says it’s magic. Luz says it is.

Paloma has reached the ground now. She and Em look at each other, but then off they run down the street.

Chris is in a small cell, arms folded, looking annoyed. Who could have done this? We hear Carlota saying Now you will know my fury! Chris says to himself “Carlota.”

AHHHHHHHHHH sing the bassos.

Avances: German tells Chris and Natalia that things look very bad. They must have an enemy who framed them.

Labels:


Comments:
AT the end of today, I'll put up a link for comments for the Tuesday episode.
 

Does anyone know the meaning and correct spelling of "squinncle".. as Romeana refers to her baby? I used to hear my Mexican aunts refer to us kids as squincles.......
 

Yvonne, it's "escuincle". And certainly a word you hear a lot in Mexican telenovelas.

Another great recap, Maggie. Sorry about the closed captions but the lack of them doesn't dim your wit or writing skills at all. And yes, what DID happen to those bangs? However, glad they're gone. They were not flattering at all. As for the plot, oh my....
 

Oh, and "escuincle" means "kid" as in "child".
 

esquincle also means "brat" and that's how Romina probably thinks of her baby.
 

Maggie, Excellent title! Your recaps are always stellar and this was simply delightful. Thank you for interpreting some of the crucial conversations that occurred.

I loved your "Carlota is happily draped on a fainting couch, delighted with her success." Perfect! The dangerously demented Carlota is now placing herself on a level equal to God,never a wise idea. Her taunting of Cris will come back to haunt her as he should be able to piece things together. Her out of control ego allowed her to overplay her hand, a mistake she is not usually prone to make.

It really appeared Romina and Emiliano would have a "moment". He is so much handsomer when he smiles - it transforms him entirely. For a split second, I felt sorry for Romina but it dissipated quickly.

Lili still loves Germ. Ack...

Diana
 

Thanks for the great recap Maggie. Can't get over how fortuitous for Rafa...get dumped by love of your life and who is standing in the wings but another attractive lady who wants to gaze up at the stars and play "handsies" all in the same week.
 

I came home late yesterday evening just in time to catch the "moment" between Emo and Romena. I could not believe my eyes and wondered what the heck was going on. Surely, this was a dream Romena was having. He was "this" close to kissing her! How does taking advise to be civil to her, end up in a romantic moment? What a sucker he is. It was nice to see the two of them getting along, but as someone mentioned yesterday, Romena just takes this to mean that all her scheming and lying was justified and that she's won. And that's no good either. I really feel sorry for this poor baby. No matter who takes responsibility as the father (Emo or Germy, yuk!), it has Romena as a mother.

It was nice to see Rafa acknowledge the good times he had with Diana and that she brought a gift to his life that he could never repay- his son. And Joel gave Diana good advice too, but I think she'll just use it for more crazy scheming. Yes Carlita- Rafa sure is lucky these days in the ladies' department. Lovely ladies falling at his feet everywhere. And this one doesn't give a darn about that crazy wife of his or what "people will say", plus she has no ties (that we know of) to Real del Monte. I think she's too young for him though. Just my opinion, however.

-Vivi in DC
 

You guys got me wondering about escuincle, as I have a pottery one, and it’s a dog! I always thought the people calling kids escuincles were affectionately calling them little mutts. So I had to google it, and yes, sure enough, it’s a kind of hairless dog, and it comes from the Aztec word for dog, itzcuintli. Here’s a link where you can read the history of this dog, which was used as a sacrifice, also eaten, but also loved. Frida Kahlo is holding one in one of her paintings. There are photos, including one of a pottery one that looks like mine. Etc… read on!

http://www.gomanzanillo.com/features/dog/index.htm
 

Thanks for the funny recap - you did great with no captions.

I agree that Luz is too young for Rafa, but I thought what she said to Diana was great! Di's self-righteousness didn't work at all.

I hope you're right about CarLoca going too far, she has to get caught sometime, doesn't she? But somehow I think we may still be subjected to her schemes working for longer. It is so infuriating!

Yes what did happen to Pal's bangs? LOL!! Maybe they got feedback that she looked weird. She was dressed a little better last night, too.
 

Thanks Maggie for the recap and putting up a comment section for tonight's episode.

Emiliano was in front of Paloma's house he went there to ask about Alonso,remember Angelica had told him about Alonso death at the office.

I think he was going to give the roses to Paloma but he got caught by RoMEna and reluctantly gave them to her instead. He was remembering the conversation he had with Angelica.

Dario is truly another slimeball, i wonder if he can get arrested for stealing her manuscript.

Do these cop watch any law and order episodes or what.

Diana you said Carloca ego is out of control and she may have overplayed her hand. I agree but the woman does not think clearly when it concerns Cristobal.

She is a sick twisted and depraved individual who will do anything to get the object of her obsession. Which is Cristobal.

Now that Cristobal suspects she may have hand in what is happening with him and Natalia i hope this will be the beginning of her downfall.

I just don't trust German as their lawyer,because he wants Paloma's inheritance and would probably help Carloca.

Whatever happen to the other lawyer who help Paloma with pressing charges against Aron?

I was laughing how RoMEna was trying to get Juanita to leave the room so she can be alone with Emiliano while he pack his clothes at his mother's house.
 

For anyone who's interested, here is a link for a picture of a young Leticia Calderon with Eduardo Yanez the BLMOE.
http://tv-show.sites.uol.com.br/novelas/YoCompro.jpg

Diana
 

Yes Ivy, I was totally thinking the same thing about Pal's bangs. I think they got some feedback. Lucky for us they listened.

Maggie, thanks for the escuincle info...will check it out. Always wondered about that and assumed it meant "brat" too. It has probably evolved over time.
 

Yo Compro esa Mujer was a great period novela. Leticia had great chemistry with a young and handsome Eduardo Yanez. I highly recommend it.
 

Thanks Maggie. You did well even without the captions.

I have that sinking feeling when I think of slimeball Germy being the lawyer of Chris and Natalia. He has ten thousand reasons to be bought off by Carloca and sell them down the river. They are so screwed!

Damn I wish Rufi would take Paloma and go to the church and sit down with Padre Benito and tell them that Chris is Paloma's father. But that kind of honesty doesn't happen in novela land.

Dona Gringuita
 

Dona Gringuita i said that earlier myself about German i don't trust that scumbag one bit. He would definitely help La Loca for the money.

I know why Emiliano called him because of their long standing friendship. Maybe Angelica will remember the other lawyer she used to help Paloma when she was attacked by Aron.
 

I'm not sure Germy is going to be on Loca's side, because he had already gone behind her back in being bribed by Alonso. I think he might be more likely to be on Pal's to get in good with her.
 

Maggie, what a great funny recap and all done without the help of CC's. It's amusing how we notice the same funny oddities that take our concentration from the storyline: Why is Pal's hair different tonight, oh, the bangs are missing. And why did Orly pull that diamond ring out in public after he debarked naively forgetting that some criminal could pick his pocket or mug him once he let the building. And heels are great for late night balcony escapes. Ha ha.

Emil is a jerk. How could he get caught up in the moment of almost kissing Romina after he's been harassing Gabriel and Germ for just talking to Paloma. Double standard IMHO

GinCA
 

Ivy i have to disagree Paloma is so not feeling German at all.Also she told Liliana she did not want to go through same emotional roller coaster like she did with Emiliano and RoMEna.

The way La Loca is starting to get sloppy with her obsession with Cris. I would not put it past her to recruit German. She already did that with Rojas to get him to change the will for her.
 

I know Pal isn't into him, but he knows she is going to be muy rica. Could be he'll team up with La Loca, though. Somehow I still hold out hope that he will turn out good.
 

Poor Escuincle!
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder