Thursday, January 21, 2010

Gancho #151 Thurs 1/21 - I am the Phantom Avenger and I am a child of sin

Tonight starts with the unfolding of a classic domestic drama. Pepillo is trying to convince Beto and Nieves that he has never laid eyes on Nieves before today. Beto keeps trying to remind Pepi of the Acapulcan night that never was and nearly convinces Nieves to show off her hooters to shock Pepi's memory. Luckily Nieves is saved by DC who puts the kibosh on the cleavage. Speaking of which, Beto once again mentions his favorite topic, that of breast-feeding until he's eight (closed captions said eighteen LOL) And how can Pepillo think of suing them for damages? What about the damage to his Mami's bubis that are hanging to the floor? Nice one Beto.

A peek next door reminds us that Jacqui has snuck on over to the hood to give Moni the 411 about Coni's most recent plot to hurt Moni; it has to do with Moni's mami. Cara impactada de Monita.

Jacqui thinks this time Coni has gone too far and she tosses out a slew of slurs describing her peccant progeny, Coni is toxic, disrespectful, opportunistic, ugly, well maybe not ugly but not as beautiful as her mother, and when she was fourteen she raised her skirt in front of a male teacher, etc. Moni startles Jacqui by revealing that her mami is dead and Jacqui asks "Are you sure?"

Now Jacqui is mortified that she brought up the sensitive subject of Moni's mami but que the hell is going on, why is Coni insisting that Moni's ma is alive? Jacqui recounts the tale about running into this strange, pale woman at the restaurant, where by the way her pasta was NOT al dente. "Al grano!" interrupts Alicia, "Get to the point!" OK, they tried to chase down this pale woman and...

...they are interrupted by Pau and Estre screaming bloody hell because Oragel (uh, thanks for that Julia) is next door. Moni knows no good can come of this and Jacqui is horrified because that means the paparazzi will be around. Will she be busted in the barrio? Alicia tries to get Jacqui to hang out so they can clear up this Isabel confusion but Jacqui is so outta there. Ciao bella!

Family time at Casa Ochoa has taken a decidedly weird turn as Nieves serenades Pepillo about sharing souls in Acapulco and Beto declares himself to be Beto Origel Ochoa. That's it for Pepillo and he tells Beto to be very careful or he'll sue him for slander (calumnia). Slander?!?!? This sets Mama Bear Nieves in a rage and she threatens to tear out Pepillo's perfectly tight eyes. Don Cesar jumps in and begs Nieves to tell the truth. Nieves suggests a meal first, would Pepillo care for a Milanesa with potatoes? No he can't stand them!

Beto gasps and jumps back, indeed this man is NOT his father if he hates Milanesas. Nieves admits the truth, "Pepillo Origel no es tu papa".

Christian stands guard outside the door protecting Pepillo from the gathering crowd of neighbors and paparazzi. He must be ticked off because half of what he yells at them is censored. Pau and Estrella try the hardest the break his resolve but our cop stands firm and he warns Pau not to compromise him in front of the press. For her parting shot Pau kisses him off by telling him sometimes she can't stand him. (A veces me caes bien gordo.)

Enough comedy, the tragedy that is Aldo ensues. He visits Coni in her room and tearfully asks her can he go out? He has to take care of some business. Surprisingly she agrees and her lip almost twitches up when he thanks her. What's up her nasty little sleeve?

Oh dear, now Nieves is announcing to the crowd that nothing she said was true, there was nothing between her and Señor don Pepillo. "See," Pepillo says about Beto, "this guy's not my kid." Pepillo pats Beto on the shoulder, tells him to be strong and go to his mama to patch things up.

Estre sees her chance and tells Pepi she's Estrella Falcón, really good actress, currently not in anything, but looking hard. Estrella jumps right into her audition; she's multi-poly-faceted and plurifunctional and can do drama (and does), melodrama (and does), comedy, tragedy, villain, (does all) etc. The crowd is entranced and applauds enthusiastically. I was entranced, too, and had to do a rewind. Pepillo is, well, he gives her his card. But hey, he recognizes Valentina Lopez the famous boxeadora and compliments her on being a champion.

Pau and Estre scream and gush over Pepillo's business card, but Monita steps away to comfort a disconsolate Beto. He's stricken and humiliated, the whole world will think El Fantasma Vengador is a putz. Why would his ma tell him his father is a luminary, a celebrity? Why would she lie? Why does she never give him a straight answer when he asks about his pa? Monita sets him down and reveals that Alicia told her the whole story. Beto's father left Nieves at the altar and the truth was just too painful to tell her son."Everybody makes mistakes Beto, even you."

Meanwhile Don Cesar holds Nieves and calls her his little sugar heart. Awww. She never imagined that one tiny lie would end like this. Their tender scene is interrupted by Beto who wants to talk to mami alone.

"Why mami why?" Mona told him what Alicia said, that Nieves was pregnant and abandoned at the altar. Nieves sets him down and finally tells the truth. In reality she doesn't know who his father is. "Then I am a child of sin."

Nieves, now weeping, insists he is NOT a child of sin, try to understand. But the scene ends here and we are left wondering, well then what is he and who is Beto's father?

Jeronimo and Oski are in a restaurant congratulating themselves on the impending success of their depraved and egregious plot, the business deal of a lifetime. The take a quick look around and, certain that nobody is looking, cross their arms in a very friendly toast. (cross-arm toast = cruzadito) I think we need Lalo the in-bed wedding planner to help move this relationship along.
Aldo heads straight over to the barrio and Coni follows in her car.

The neighborhood is playing music and enjoying an impromptu fiesta to celebrate the recent luminarian visit, their boxeadora champion, whatever. They owe it all to Beto, Nieves and her tremendous lie. Cranky-pants Aldo stumbles in and crankier-pants Beto stalks through calling Nieves Pecadora. (Sinner)

A stranger approaches the group. He is a lawyer, Fausto Pineda, who represents the new owners. He has come to announce that the neighborhood will be demolished and they have 72 hours to vacate. Hey, don't kill the messenger, that's just how things go. The crowd gets ugly but he insists he's just the intermediary. None of them have rental contracts so nothing else is owed them. Paula dashes off in anger which is always a worry, and Christian accuses Pinedo of arbitrariness (arbitrariedad, what a word).

Monita pleads with Pinedo to have a heart, old people and children live there. Nieves says some of them have lived here their whole lives. Beto leads the crowd in a chant, "el pueblo, vencido, jamas sera unido!" (The people, united, will never be defeated!)

Pinedo says if they don't vacate the owners will call the police. Suddenly Paula runs out with a big gun, "You want war? You've got war!". Chris tries to grab the gun away and they inadvertently terrorize the crowd as they madly swing the weapon in sweeping arcs. Pinedo scampers away repeating his threats over his shoulder.

Meanwhile Estre and Aldo are having a heart-to-heart in her crib. Estrella does drama but she's not acting now; she's bummed about the neighborhood bad news and thank goodness she's NOT pregnant she tells him for what seems like the seventh time this week. He tells her if she were he'd marry her right now and find them a place to live. Dang, that kid's turning me to mush again. During the Furia fight Tano told him to grow up, accept it's over with Estrella and act like a man, so that's what he's decided to do. Basically he says goodbye forever to her.

Jacqui has made it safely home only to find her youngest is in a deep funk. Katia's had a crappy morning, Coni's not home, Ma has neglected her all her life, and she's in love with Aldo, wah! One of those get's Jacqui's attention...in love with Aldo?

Speaking of which, our tragic teen, or should I say young man, is thanking Estrella, his star, for all she has given him and taught him. This is one of the classiest break-ups I've ever seen. He accepts that she'll have her life and he'll have his, go to university, marry and have kids, but he'll remember her until the day he dies. He kisses her goodbye and our faintly shining Star pulls back a little, afraid of the closeness. After Aldo leaves Estrella does tragedy.

Back in Beto's abode he's still on the I'm-a-child-of-sin rant. Moni tires of the self-pity and firmly scolds him. In short, Nieves has been both a mother and father to Beto AND to Monita. Moni tells Nieves she loves her like a mother.

The evil music plays as Isabel sits alone in her room waiting for the phone to ring. "I was waiting for your call." She reapplies her lip liner.

Moni continues scolding Beto for turning his back on a mother's love, a mother's kisses, a mother's hugs. She would give anything to be in his shoes and be in the arms of her mother. Blockhead Beto finally gets it and wants to be part of the hugfest. Beto will you forgive me? No ma, will you forgive me? Hugs, kisses and making up.

Mañana - Coni's spying on Aldo leads her to see Mau and Monita together. Isabel meets up with some handsome guy and says it won't be so easy getting back into Monita's life what with Alicia and Nieves hanging around. He perks up his ears, "Nieves? Nieves Ochoa?" Cut to Nieves cursing Isabel, thanks to her Nieves lost the love of her life. She caresses a black and white photo of Eric del Castillo.

Dicho of the day: el pan y el carino no han de ser recalentados = bread and love should not be reheated

Labels:


Comments:
Wow Sylvia...hot off the presses and fantastic. I think this was your best recap yet....and you've written some doozies. Every paragraph was just a gem and it flowed and zipped along like magic. Think I'm going to like this early time in spite of all my whining. You certainly whipped out a winner with this one.

And thanks for the dicho: do not know that one but am writing it down!
 

Wow, a comment already! I had to whip out this recap because I'm on my way to a meeting and I'm afraid it will go quite late. I tried the JudyB method of recapping...let it flow. Faster and funner. (Yeah, I know funner's not a word.) Thanks Judy. I'm off but will check in later.
 

Absolutely sterling, Sylvia. I just finished watching and here is your recap. I'm blown away with how meaty and delicious it is. Thanks.

My CCs were phrenetic. Almost got dizzy as they zoomed by unfettered at the beginning. Maybe they were repaired and tamed for the west coast. I sent another love note to Univision. I plan to send one more in a few days then hunker down to fill out an FCC complaint. There is no excuse for this sloppiness.

An excellent episode. Aldo and Estrella brought on tears. I agree with you about Aldo. The lad has a way with words. Too bad he didn't know when to shut up in chatting with his friends

And here comes Eric del Castillo, one of my faves. He speaks so clearly and has a mesmerizing voice. In Amigas y Rivales his character had a stroke and talked v e r y s l o w l y. Too bad about the stroke, but good for me. I hadn't discovered CCs yet so I did lots of rewinding in those days.

Carlos
 

Cap'n:

Thanks for a wonderful recap. I was taken with Aldo today. I wonder, does Estrella plan on raising the baby alone? I hate that idea but I really think it is sad that Aldo might not know his child. But he is too young to be a daddy, and I want him to go to University and all that.

Beto also broke my heart today. As I see it, he is searching for a hard target on which to base his identity. The actor played this story so well, down to looking for hints of his kinship with Origel in the shape of his ears. In the end his reconnection with Nieves was heartwarming.
 

Hi folks. My CC's were absolutely wonky today. Sometimes they belonged to conversations from another scene, sometimes they lagged terribly, sometimes they were non-existent. That's why I breezed through the recap, when I couldn't understand it I moved on. Carlos, this weekend I plan to draft an actual letter to the main Univision office and copy my senators. I'm that irritated.

Elna June, your words about Estrella and Aldo were quite lovely. In just a few words you summed up his/their situation. I wonder how the writers will handle this? I still have some doubts that Estrella is really pregnant but time will tell.

I missed seeing Xime, Rolu and Arnoldo tonight. Too bad because Arni was terribly cute in Wednesday's episode. I hope we get to see some of him on Friday.
 

Thanks for the recap Sylvia. It was great and now I know this is a "safe" episode to watch. Go figure. I can now watch episodes of EDNA b/c I must see how Carloca goes down (and it looks like Cesar Evora with the fantastic voice will be an instrument used in her destruction) but have problems with our happy "cartoon." Coni is a terror to me and her tormenting of others I have to FF.

EJ - You are so eloquent; I hope you do become a recapper.

Carlos - You watched Amigas y Rivales. That was my first novela. I'd "watch" it with my sister (while we in different states and time zones). We didn't know about CCs but I found websites where nice people gave sporadic summaries...memories.
 

Good morning all. Sylvia and Carlos, glad you're writing letters....hopefully "el pueblo unido jamas será vencido" and Univision will fix the damn closed captions. Mind you, sometimes I like it when they're late, gives my slow brain a moment to catch up...but they were all over the place yesterday...sometimes waaaaay ahead, sometimes behind, and always, entire sentences were missing.

Yes, Aldo's scene was really touching but who wants to hear a guy say "he'll never forget you"?..I'd rather hear "I'll do whatever it takes to get you to trust and love me again. Tell me how I can make amends and win you back."

Okay, maybe that's just me.

Loved Estrella's little montage of her various acting skills. Lots of humor and talent in that scene. Jacqui played her scene of outing Connie's psycho behavior from childhood on well also.

And great scene between Jacqui and Katja also. Confrontation but also humor.

Sylvia...I'm going to read your recap again. It was so delightful it should be "re-savoured". Thanks amiga.
 

Good morning all.

I've written down only some of the phrases that enchanted and already have a dozen. Sylvia, I enthusiastically agree with Judy and Carlos that this was among your finest recaps.

"the in-bed wedding planner", "Pepillo's perfectly tight eyes", and my favorite, "depraved and egregious plot" were all stellar.

Carlos, I also had wished Aldo used discretion and not bragged to his friends. Still, he's had a rocky road during this novela and if Estrella ends up able to forgive him, I believe we should as well. His plans for the future should not be an impediment. Many people juggle school, work and a family. I have no doubt he will also.

Elna June, Beto is my favorite and when he hurts, I feel for him. Perhaps there will be magic before the end and he will end up knowing the father he so desperately seeks.

Karen, I'm so enthused you'll be watching EDNA. I always enjoy your comments, you always have something interesting and informative to say.

Even the mention of Moni's mother makes me cringe. We know Moni will learn she's alive eventually. Moni will survive because of the love of Mau and her friends. Thereafter, I hope she crawls back into the woodwork. Blech.

Diana
 

Karen, yes this was a safe episode and I enjoyed it thoroughly. The last couple of episodes have been like the old Gancho, funny, fast-moving, lots of action, and great scenes that give our stars a chance to shine.

We've all been very curious about the mystery man in Nieves' past, I'm glad this is finally going to come up in the plot. Eric del Castillo is fantastic, I wonder how long he'll be in the story? It sounds like Isabel has been a havoc wreaker for a long time.

Judy, I guess I wouldn't mind if some guy told me he'd remember me until the day he dies. In reality it's highly unlikely, however I'd appreciate the passion of the moment. Aldo has already tried a couple of times to apologize to Estrella and make it right. At some point a person's just got to move on. Katia's involvement still has not surfaced and IF it comes to light then maybe Estrella will reconsider. Katia should do the right thing and admit to Estrella what she did.
 

Greetings Ganchoians!
I'm not new to this group or to the site, just haven’t introduced myself. So here’s my intro…

The middle of 2009 I said to myself, “Self, it’s time to learn Spanish.” Like many, I was told by a coworker that a good way to learn would be by watching telenovelas. I came across Cuidado con el Angel and fell in love with the sexiness of Latin men. I watched intently because of Levy but stayed because of the chemistry he shared with Maite Perroni. I saw Rulli on an afternoon novela and thought “Oooowha, he reminds me of my ex-boyfriend and he’d be sexy if they just clean him up a bit.” And voila! Un Gancho al Corazon.

I’ve been here with you guys since the first recap and would like to say that I value you recappers. You guys light up my day, help me understand what’s going on and you make learning Spanish more enjoyable. I’m here everyday reading recaps and hate it when there is none to read. I think I screamed for a solid minute when they announced the time change because I didn’t think you guys would keep recapping. Now that I know there is a 12 a.m. showing I’ll be up watching that so please keep recapping.

On another note…
I’m 32 (not a Similac-Sipper…according to me) and I watch Un Gancho al Corazon with the Closed-Caps on. If any of you are in a “wise way”, it doesn’t reflect in your writing. You guys write with fresh fingers. I love you all but I’d like to give a quick shout-out to mi hombre, Carlos. You’re my favorite b/c…I love Coni, too! Through Good (not that she’s ever been good), Bad, Badder and Worse b!tch ev’ah… That chica can dress her “A” off making being bad look oh, so good. I’ve loved Coni from the beginning and I will always have your back on loving her. …I also love her and Beto. Together they are like Fi’jah (fire)!

Again, THANK YOU ALL! Recapping is not easy, I’m sure. This little write up took me a couple of hours to complete. :o\ Yikes!

Like lighters at a concert…Pen’s in the air peoples!:o)
 

What a great comment Rockz! And Carlos is OUR favorite too. Not because he likes Connie but because he is such a charmer and soooo funny. As Sylvia as noted, we often steal his clever phrases to put in our titles or recaps, and even recappers in other novelas haved used his "mientras tanto" as a running joke.

Hope you'll comment often. We enjoy hearing from you and are encouraged that there are other folks flummoxed by the time change and ready to hang in there with us.

Viva Gancho!!!!
 

Hi RockZ, welcome. Comments always appreciated. You're right, we have wonderful recappers, the best in my opinion. Each with a different style, which makes it so much fun.

Glad you don't sip Similac - have you ever smelled that stuff?! - but you're a loooong way from Geritol.

Stick around, comment a lot, and let us know how your Spanish is coming along.
 

Thanks for the welcome Ladies! I'll be around.
 

Wow, Rockz, you are really a live wire! I am SO glad you revealed yourself to us. I know Carlos will be thrilled to have an hermano/a de alma in you when it comes to Coni. Thank you for introducing yourself to us and I know we are all looking forward to your comments.
 

Rockz: Welcome! Adding my voice to everyone who has noted they are glad you commented. I don't think there is a more supportive, welcoming group anywhere. Glad you are here...

Diana
 

Can you add another friend....me? I'm looking for a home away from home after Sorti and want to join the Gancho bunch! I hear hamster brained, Geritol, Hadacol, Carter's Little Liver Pills gente fit right in. Like Rockz, I've spent some quiet time here enjoying the fun. I've taped some shows that I'm watching so I can catch up with all the crazy characters....EJ how did you get up to snuff so soon? And.....hello neighbor Doris!

Oh yes, I've been know to RESPECTFULLY disagree with the physician in residence, Carlos, so it should be fun!!!
 

Hi Sandy, you are no stranger and it will be awesome to hang with you on a regular basis. Thank you for joining us! This is great. Our motto is "the more the merrier".

Gancholeros, aren't y'all glad we didn't sulk in the corner for too long? It would be way too crowded by now. I think we're going to have to relocate for all future pot-lucks.
 

You're right, Sylvia, we'll definitely need more than a corner! Judy thought she'd be able to sulk alone - HAH! Not with this bunch.

I loved the recap, by the way. I can't imagine how hard it is to do week after week, but you make it appear that you could do it with one arm tied behind your back. Thanks! I'm so glad everybody stayed, after the way Univision treated us. Y'all are our second family.

Hey Sandy, good to hear from you. No strangers here.
 

That's right...good to see you here Sandy. We need someone to RESPECTFULLY give Dr. Carlos a hard time, 'cause the rest of us are way too easy on him. Let 'im get away with murder. You go girl!
 

Good morning,Sylvia, Karen, Diana, and Rockz. I'm still getting used to the new time. I've not figured out whether I'm ahead or behind schedule. Chane in routine is always troubling to us old folks.

Karen, I really enjoyed Amigas y Rivales and was especially fond of Angelica Vale and her singing. This was of course pre-LFMB. I also became a huge fan of Eric del Castillo. I thought he was very good in Niña Amada Mia.

Rockz, clearly you are very perceptive. Coni is such a complex (as well as gorgeous) character. Even without saying a word, she conveys the ambiguity of her conflicting emotions. I think everyone here, including Karen, has warm feelings for her and high (if unrealistic) hopes for her redemption. I'm still mourning the demise of Fantasmatita Junior.

Judy, While we were lunching yesterday (oyster on half shell, gumbo, and Dungeness crab)the TVs at Blue Water were tuned to ESPN and they were celebrating Jack Nicholas' 70th birthday. One of the highlights featured was him with the OSU band dotting the i. I thought of you.

Carlos
 

Sandy, I've been writing on my last comment off and on all morning so I didn't see your post. For some reason the ladies here insist that I give priority to the patients. I'm truly delighted that you have joined us here at the posh Club Gancho. I've always enjoyed your gentle needles. Sort of acupuncture for the soul.

Carlos
 

Sylvia, this was another terrific recap. Your idea to just let it flow worked beautifully. I especially liked "she tosses out a slew of slurs describing her peccant progeny", but there were many more.

It seems we're getting closer to knowing the truth about Nieves, but we're not there yet. Now she says that she was left at the altar, not because she was pregnant with the guy's child, but because she was pregnant with someone else's. So maybe she did have the same horrendous experience as Isabel, and doesn't know the father. It looks as if the Eric de Castillo character might be the guy who left her at the altar, though.

Moni was great in convincing Beto to forgive Nieves. Beto should consider himself lucky. Not only did Moni's mother abandon her, but she never knew who her father was either. The two have a lot in common. I thought it was funny that the deciding factor in Beto's realizing El Pepillo was not his Papillo was that he didn't like Milanesas (I think Pepillo even said he was a vegetarian!, which Beto certainly isn't).

Welcome RockZ, it's a pleasure having you in our little (but growing) group. And Sandy, I always appreciate your comments on
Sortilegio, glad you've decided to stop in here, too.
 

Carlos, gentle needles - acupuncture for the soul. Good one! :)
 

Hombre, you added some key details that I missed. I'll add them to the recap when I get a chance (after work). Thanks so much as always.
 

Well, Howdy to Rockz and Sandy! Good to meet you!

Sandy, where are you in TN? I still call Lexington, KY my hometown. Emilia's from WV. We could use someone else who knows the correct pronunciation of Appalachia.

Cap'n Sharkbait, ma'am, yet another in your growing list of sterling efforts!

Carlos, et al, our CC's were all over the place last night, too. Not terribly useful at all. Though I did see, as Hombre mentioned, Pepillo's reference to being a vegetarian.

Speakin' of El Pepillo, I have to wonder if TBLMOE himself won't looke quite a bit like Pepillo in another 15 years or so. They kinda look alike.

OT#1: Carlos, did you see where a doctor up in Lorton, VA had his office struck by a meteorite yesterday? Es verdad.

OT#2: Julia, thanks much for the link to the Newsweek article yesterday.
 

Elna June, try this John Deere page for ideas on the right mower for your property.

Are you all still being stormed on?
 

Ditto for Carlos' "acupuncture to the soul"...gosh, can I manage to plagiarize that for my next recap title? Sure will try.

Oh Carlos...was it the OSU Band or the fact that Jack is SEVENTY ALSO!!!! that made you think of me...oh well, I'm still adjusting to this new decade. So far, there's not a great deal to recommend it. On the other hand...
 

A lot of this episode felt like filler to me when I watched it, but the recap was crisp and fresh as always. Well done.

I did love Estrella's demonstration of her skills. Could this be the start of her finding career success? And Aldo...well, I just love him and I'm sure he could manage to be a great father and go to school also. I think Estrella should forgive him, especially when she finds out Katia's role in the trauma. Aldo should have kept his mouth shut, but he wasn't behaving abnormally. I don't think he knew just how vile his buddies are.

And to echo Mike...yes, is everyone surviving the storms? I hear things were wild in Arizona last night. It's actually been nice in Seattle; lots of sunshine and pretty warm in the last week.
 

Rockz:
A warm welcome to this forum. Really, the folks over here are the best. I just migrated over here recently and it is a great neighborhood.

So I am dropping a virtual bottle of wine by for your enjoyment. This is a Frick Cellars 2006 C3 blend. An excellent chewy red, perfect with a hearty stew in our winter weather. And, it's from Sonoma County, naturally.

Enjoy!
 

To all the recappers on Gancho:

I want to BE you, when I grow up. Wish me luck in getting my Spanish up to a level where I can do justice to the TNs and the audience. I would like to recap (fingers crossed) the next Colunga vehicle, if our Blog Mom will have me.

Right now work is interfering with my study of Spanish and it is making me a right crab-face.

Smiles from underwater,

EJ
 

Amiga Sandy, I got up to speed by reading a pile of old recaps. I am so glad you are here!

OT/OT/OT

Mike and Emilia: thanks so much for the John Deere page. I am very intimidated but also excited. I think I will make the Hubster go with me to a local Showroom, just so we can oooh and ahhh.

Indeed, we are still getting rain at this moment. I have had my power off a number of times during the series of storms—which really puts a crimp in my commenting and my real JOB, as well. Right now, most of the roads at the bottom of our hill are flooded and so we are sitting up here, looking for a break to appear in the western sky, in splendid, rustic, isolation.

I say rustic, because we live in a place we call the 'magnificent shack'. Magnificent because of the views and shack because it is poorly designed BUT horribly constructed. LOL.

We fell in love with the views and moved here during a September heat wave. The house has no central heat or air. My husband commented today that it is easier to enjoy the view when his eyesight is not restricted by the need to wear a full-head balaclava to keep warm. I must admit, my husband is a wickedly funny man.
 

Elna June, your place sounds lovely, even with the chill. Having a real entertainer to share it with must make the rustic conditions a little easier.

Years ago, my aunt and uncle bought a place the family called "the lake pit." They actually got it for less than the land was assessed at because the house was determined to have a negative value. It was at the most beautiful spot, though, in the mountains on the waterfront where the lake met the slough, and across from a marshy area with lots of birds. Over many years they gradually renovated (including replacing the foundations, which sounds like a nightmare to me) and now it is a really lovely home.

I'm sure one of these days you'll make a fantastic recapper. I can tell from your comments you have real writing skills and attention to detail.
 

Julia:

Glad to hear you are having nice weather in Seattle. Speaking of views, everywhere you go in Seattle there is a view. What a beautiful city.

Thanks for the encouragement in improving my Spanish and eventually recapping.
 

All,
Thanks for the warm welcomes! I'm so happy I took the time to introduced myself. You guys really "are" great!
Rockz
 

Fab title Cap'n and super recap done very quickly...se this is the kind of example I need to follow. If you just flew, well you sure flowed "the tragedy that is Aldo" indeed poor fellow. That was heart breaking to watch. Also loved your link to the cheer.

Thanks as always...
 

Sylvia, do you have a physical address for Univision? I'll write them that way as well. Somebody is simply not doing his job, either doing the CCs or supervising the doer of the CCs. I believe if one of the execs would simply watch an episode using CCs, he would be appalled.

Judy, both circumstances reminded me of you. So when will our Dr. Judy be dotting the i?
I looked in on the episode today on the TV here in the office. Didn't get to see much of the show, but I saw our beloved Dr. Obregon from from MEPS selling cereal. I knew he would land on his feet.

Carlos
 

Mike, I just read about the meteorite. We encourage dropins but...

Carlos
 

Hah, Carlos...when will I be dotting the i? gosh, when I'm as famous as Jack I guess. Not likely to happen anytime soon. And I didn't graduate from OSU, nor did I coach there (well, I HAVE done a lot of coaching from the cheap seats and from the family room couch)...but who knows? we can but hope. Maybe as the "oldest living aerobics teacher in Ohio" I might have a shot at it some day. Stay tuned.
 

Sylvia: Thank you for the recap it was definitely one of your best. I'm still not caught up with all of you but I will watch all these episodes on the weekend.

I'm using my spare time right now to watch the third season of HBO's Big Love. I love that show but as soon as I finish I will start the Gancho episodes I'm missing.

Jarocha
 

Ahoy all, here is the Univision address if you wish to write in and complain about the bad closed captions:
Joe Uva
Chairman and CEO
Univision Corporation
605 Third Avenue 12th Floor
New York NY 10158

Ex-recapper Schoolmarm recommends copying Sen. Tom Harken and your own senators.


Why write to Univision? If you want to complain to the FCC (and we should) the FCC requires that we complain to the station first and give them 45 days to respond or fix the problem prior to complaining to the FCC.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder