Thursday, February 11, 2010

Gancho Wed Feb 10 - #165 Just one small prick and then you're there...

:)

Well, I haven't yet been able to review the show so here is a place for you to comment. I thought about writing random happenings to see if you were on your toes...maybe I'll pull that trick out next time. :)) HA!!! Hopefully I'll have a chance to elaborate once I've seen the show...til then, thanks as always...


OK here's some elaboration:


We open with Issy dishing to a disgusted Coni that her Pa was in love with no one other than our Snowball. Issy taunts her about having a relationship with Beto Coni says none of your beeswax. Issy toasts!

Aldo and Estre are arguing about whether or not she should have the baby. He telling her to keep it, her thinking it best if she doesn't. She is kind of losing it.

Issy and Coni pick up the conversation about Beto again. Coni denies he meant anything to her, she opened her eyes on time. Issy doesn't buy it. She thinks it's hysterical that the Pa liked the Ma and the daughter liked the son.

Cesar discusses with MOna that he knows Nieves never forget her great love. Mona tries to convince him he is loved now and that was old stuff. He tells her Nieves said she just saw him and still loves him. So he needs to step away graciously. Whoa tears.

Nieves and Alicia are washing laundry in the courtyard. What the heck is she wearing? She looks like someone threw a tub of carmel corn all over her and it stuck. The ladies discuss her drunken exploit, and how Cesar followed her to make sure she was ok. Alicia counsels against chasing Marcos, that Cesar is the lottery and she is lucky to have him.

Mona and Nieves are now chatting about Cesar, and how he left. Nieves thinks he left because she got drunk but Moni says uh uh, I talked to him and you told him about your love returning and that you even kissed him. Doh!

At SG, Marcos leaves, he and Mau agreeing to think about what the other said. Xime is there and she and Mau talk about the dough and how Rolu is almost stalking her, thank God he can't walk, and Coni was pissed off aboutthe money and she might need to borrow the Furia costume to hide from Coni!! Magic cousin bonding moments here.

Moni learns from Nieves it's true about the man coming back. Turns out its Marcos and she can't believe the same Coni's Dad. Nieves tells lovingly of the kiss and butterflies, and they both still love each other. But he also kissed that other one Jacqui. They don't quite finish this conversation when Pau runs in and has to take Moni off. They go to Pau's unit where Gaby is gushing tears, her old man (aka Sal) has died.


No we go to Estre and Aldo arguing about the baby and career in the park. He thinks she's silly for making castings more important that the baby. She tells him she already has a part and she's afraid. Neither one is ready for this and if he really wants to help her he'll help her lose the baby. Sigh.

Jacqui and Katia argue about Kat's misgivings. Kat runs off and jero shows up. Jacqui is still wearing dark glasses and complaining about too much noise. She's stressed, he complains about Oscar's traicion. He begs her to talk to Marcos to get back his shares. She tells him that Marcos won't kill him. jero swears vengence on the cockroach that is Oscar.

Suddenly after a fortuitous (gratutitous?) boob shot, we see said cockroach grabbing Coni and warning her she owes him his part of her divorce grabbings.

Blech, more arguing over the loss or not of the bebe between Estre and Aldo. Her luck is now, she'll never get another opportunity...he want to marry her.

Moni tries to cheer up Gabi. Mau arrives and offers all his support. Pau says except monetary because Coni took all that. Ha! Tea will have to do. Gabi thinks Sal was murdered. Everything happened so strangely and she lists some of the things that happened. She's convinced.



OK back to Oscar strong arming. Coni swears she'll give him nothing and he better get the heck out of dodge. She pulls the, we both know X so guess what, you won't push me. She says he killed Sal. He says nope you were there too and did nothing oh and besides, remember that you broke his phone on that day, and that phone has your fingerprints all over it so I can easily turn that over to the police and you'll be on the hook. She scowls at him.

A & E are still at it. She won't marry him, he's too young. She's being real, he's being dumb.

Coni still spitting back at Oski. How dare each other play with the other. He warns her again he has her in his hands. She'll get the damning phone when he gets his moolah.

Gabi still maoning about Sal, she can't even say the word plane. She insists jero and Oski have something to do with this. Mau still thinks it must be an accident. Moni tells of her fight for the tenement. Gabi promises her support.

Ah jeez, back to Coni and Oski. Don't extort me, etc. Coni finally gets to depart threatening her word is worth more than his.

Back again to A & E...talking about marriage. He looooves her and it will all be ok. The youth she criticizes is what will give him the strength to make it all happen. Hmm, words to live by.

Gabi still speculates about what the two might have done. Mau still tries to convince her it was an accident. She still feels something. Yeah the anvil.

In the manicomio, Sal and his wife are chatting, he gets an injection despite pining away for Gabi. This is where we end.

Labels:


Comments:
I was very impressed with Connie last night. If I had been menaced by Oscar the way she was, I would have folded immediately. She just kept bouncing back like one of those clown toys with sand in the bottom that you hit and comes right back at you. I'm beginning to worry about that boxing match with Monita.
 

PS Missed a lot of the great comments on Gancho last night. "Climactic", "salacious"
"poignant cheese"...oh my. And Sylvia's story about her waiter and all the wrong men....and then losing the hunkalicious one...too funny.

By the way, I had a French professor (an American who taught French) who had hair coming out of his ears...but he was very attractive anyway. What really makes French men unattractive is not their ears or their stinkin' Gauloises, but their arrogance. They really do seem to believe they're God's gift and I well remember one saying to me that he KNEW women really wanted to be dominated. As he was a guest in our country, I kept my lip zipped but oooooh what I was thinking!

Of course, that being said, I DID have a French beau who was absolutely adorable, and I think about him to this day. Miss you Philippe!
 

I agree, Coni was awesome last night! I do hope she'll watch her lovely backside however. I don't think she realizes yet how dangerous Oscar is. Someone pointed out she hasn't even started training for the fight yet. She must have something up her sleeve.
 

I was also impressed with Coni's confidence, and her chutzpah, just to simply refuse to pay Oscar the part of the money she had agreed to pay him. He threatened to turn her in with the cellphone, which had me trying to remember what happened. As I seem to recall, when Sal found out that the vecindad was going to be torn down, and Oscar and Jero had gone behind his back, he was about to call Mau. Connie broke his cell phone. Either before or after this, Sal started to have a heart attack, and was gasping for breath. Coni wanted to call for help, but Oscar talked her out of it, and Coni left. She probably thinks Sal is dead. Oscar stayed, probably retrieved the broken phone, took Sal for some medical treatment by a paid crew, then ended up dumping him in the manicomio.

So Oscar is saying that Coni's fingerprints are all over the phone, and that would somehow blame Coni for Sal's death. This seems strange, because there's no body, and even if Coni's prints are on Sal's phone, what does that prove? Coni says to Oscar, if I go down, so do you. But is this really that good a threat? And of course, Oscar is threatening physical harm as well, but Coni is SO sure of herself, it doesn't seem to matter. Just as she's sure she can out box Moni. As they say, pride goeth before a fall.
 

It's also good that each day someone finds out something, although the pace is far slower than it used to be. Moni now knows that Coni's father is Nieves' old flame, although she doesn't yet know that Marcos is her father.

The other day I was saying there was no way that Nieves could end up with Marcos. But now I'm not so sure. This show has so much symmetry, and if Marcos ended us with Nieves, and Coni with Beto, that would be pretty funny, but very symmetrical.
 

Good morning Judy, Sylvia, and Hombre. Needless to say, I am beaming with pride over our bad girl this morning. Like her or not, one has to admire Coni's spunk. Her defiance of Oscar was uniquely satisfying. I ready to put Constanza up against the worst of the worst. I suspect that faced with a fire breathing dragon, she would light a cigarette off his breath and blow smoke in his face. Does anyone else see the parallels between Coni and Moni? We now know that they are sisters and it's certainly no stretch to believe that this is so. Both are drop dead gorgeous and both are absolutely fearless. This upcoming boxing match is looking more and more competitive. I hope that before it's all over, we get to see these two join forces. Unbeatable. When I was a child, our rich next door neighbors had the only TV and would invite us over to watch Fri. night wrestling. A favorite situation would be a pairing of the baddest of the bad with the goodest of the good to take on an out of town pair of bad guys. Very satisfying.

I hope everyone is safe and warm. I still can't get my mind off that pot roast.

Carlos
 

Hey Carlos, don't forget that a couple of weeks ago I said that if Moni and Coni got together they would be an unbeatable pair. After seeing Coni last night I'm hoping that one day these two will join forces for the good. I still think Coni totally needs to get over herself and stop being a bad girl.
 

Sylvia, I do recall you saying that. Why does Coni have to change for the good? Maybe Monita could turn to the darkside and Join Coni in pursuing an evil agenda. Now that would be entertaining.

Carlos
 

Carlos, I like how you think! But come on, we know that good has to triumph in these shows. Coni is still "bad" but she has always been the smartest of the lot and seems to figure things out quicker than anyone else.

I also have to give Ximena props for being in Coni's face all the time. It takes guts to face Coni's evil glare. I'm still laughing about that scene with the mirror.

I love all the strong women in this show.

Off topic, the terrible weather that so many of you folk are experiencing is still the first news I hear when I turn on the radio. Please everyone be very careful and, as Carlos suggests, think about pot roast.
 

Carlos~ Did you ever watch Andre the Giant wrestle ? Hub was a championship heavyweight wrestler in high school , so he could never abide the pro wrestlung antics. However, a friend of ours was a fire inspector who met Andre while inspecting a local venue. He said that he was a really nice guy. I think that he was in the movie ''Princess Bride.''~~Susanlynn, still snowed in , but I hear hub shoveling
 

Cap'nIs thinking about pot roast the equivalent of ''thinking about England?'' Who used to do that?...Was in Fr'ed in MEPS ?`Susanlynn, who doesn't eat pot roast anymore so she's thinking about pirates instead..arggghhhh..and waiting for her ship to come in or hub to dig her out..win/win situation
 

I LOVE Princess Bride! Yes, he was wonderful in that movie. I heard an interview with Many Patinkin and when he spoke about what a special experience that movie was he had tears in his eyes. He said it was a once in a lifetime experience to work with such a wonderful cast.

Susanlynn, you can think about lentil stew, but definitely "not about England", hehe.
 

Susanlynn, Andre the Giant wrestled regularly here. I know several people who knew him well, and each one says that he was one of the friendliest, sweetest, gentlest people ever. The kids in Houston were particularly fond of him and apparently, he, them.

Carlos
 

Okay, now that we've said what we liked, here's what annoyed me in last night's show.

When Gabry came to the vecindad, grief-stricken over the "death" of her Salvador, and 1) Mau and Monita refuse to believe it could be anything shady in spite of her evidence and 2) when Monita says, more or less, get over it, move on with your life. For Pete's sake, he JUST died! or she thinks he did.

I go ballistic when people say things like that. Or when they say "don't cry" when the person has a perfectly legitimate reason to cry. Annoying. At least to me.
 

But "moving on", what do you think about Aldo's marriage proposal? Should they marry, try and raise a child while Aldo finishes school and Estrella eventually tries to audition again? Or go ahead and "lose" the baby?
 

I think maybe she's not really pregnant and it's something else going on. She's still never tested herself. I like Aldo and Estrella together but I feel that getting married right now would be a mistake.
 

I agree that Aldo's getting married to Estrella when he's 16 is a mistake, but I have no clue as to what will happen. I'm just going to see what the writers come up with, and hopefully be pleasantly surprised.

Judy, I also agree that when people are suffering, it's not that helpful to say "things are not so bad", or "just move on with your life". It's much better to say I'm with you, I'll support you, let your feelings out, etc.

Some of us were fantasizing (hello, Carlos) about Coni's joining the good guys. I wonder which is more likely, Coni joining the good guys, or Jeronimo joining the good guys (or would they even TAKE him?).
 

Sylvia, I loved your stories yesterday about the poignant cheese and the dining companions. At least all was not lost with the Kiwi!

I agree about Mauricio and Monita's treatment of Gabi. She is obviously not ready to get over it. Also, since she's consistently one of the smartest people around, and has a lot more insight than most into what Jero and Oscar are capable of, they should consider her speculations a little more. Even if they really believe Sal is dead, they should offer to help her plan a memorial service, or something that would be helpful for her.

I can't decide what to think about Aldo and Estrella marrying but I'm also not convinced she's really pregnant. I am glad that he got her to settle down and listen to him, rather than continuing to treat him like he doesn't matter.
 

Thanks, all for the comments, both yesterday and today. Julia and Sylvia, your stories were so wonderful. "Poignant cheese" and "climactic". I am going to laugh about that for days. In my family we so love words that we have many of these inside jokes that are hysterically funny, but only to those on the inside. Dinner guests subjected to a riotously funny Thanksgiving dinner are often left scratching their heads, until one of us explains. Thanks again for sharing.

I loved Coni last night. I so enjoy the actress and you have to root for her as she stands up to Awful Oscar.

As ALL have said before me (no chance of an original thought here) beware, Monita. With Coni's courage and her willingness to do whatever she must in order to win, I am worried about Valentina. Visions of Lucretia Borgia dance in my head when I look at Constanza. Even a champion like Moni couldn't overcome poison.

And Judy, the image of your (attractive) French prof with hair coming out of his ears—why it is just gripping. I would be unable to look at anything else BUT the ear hair if he was in front of me. To that, I say, man up, Monsieur, and tweeze! My husband has been well trained in this area. He will sometimes come home from his man-events saying,"Well, EJ, you can tell no loves Jack. If his wife still loved him she would surely tell him that his ear hair has reached Hobbit-like proportions". ROTFL.

Such grand stories in Gancholand. If you didn't catch novelera's post over on the Sorti foro, she and I had a dandy lunch last Sunday in San Francisco, and both of us encourage those of you who are able to do so to meet up. Our visit was just lovely, and noverlera is a delight. We plan on doing it again.
 

Okay..on to Hombre's question. Could Jeronimo come over to the good side? Is he redeemable?

Clearly Oscar is not. Connie...well, with Carlos pulling for her, she'll probably make it into the choir. And dear Beto is in love with her....so....

On the other hand, I still can't see Nieves with Marcos. Something needs to play out there so she realizes he's just a youthful illusion and she's ready to settle down with Don Cesar. (if his wife doesn't want him back).

Ah well, many a mile to go yet in this one.
 

Hi Elna June, missed your comment when I was writing mine. Well, my prof's hair was not reaching hobbit proportions. Just a rather endearing length IMO. However, admittedly, I'm not a visual person. He was funny, honest, informative and entertaining. That did it for me.
 

Carlos, by now you have had your Thursday lunch at Goodson's and have likely forgotten all about pot roast. However, may I assure you that every shred of its perfectly cooked self was the very definition of savory. Complete w/ potatoes, carrots and onions. Ah, Ambrosia!!

But I digress.

Coni needs to have another tooth broken to help her get over herself (again). Really, one could argue that Laisha Wilkins deserves an acting prize just for the way she played that part of the story a few weeks ago.

Wrestling - we used to watch that a lot when I was stationed in outer Tom Green county. Carlos, do you remember the Funks? Dorey Sr. and Jr. and Terry?

Gabriela - yep, M&M were pretty cavalier. At least they didn't tell her to "begin healing" or to 'find closure."

Oh, and today's weather here in Yorktown is glorious! Currently 47 deg and the roads are clear and dry. Meaning Mikey and the Kawasaki will get a few miles in after work. Yay!!!

And, um, after that, umm, I think I'll get the tweezers and scissors and lean in close to the bathroom mirror lest I be accused of alovenly grooming.
 

Thanks for the effort you always do for putting this recap up even though you are so busy Gancho. I'm always impressed by your commitment to caray and all the people in this line. Here's a big hug from me.

Coni definiteley shined last night confronting Oscar and I felt for poor Gabi while she was crying. I agree that Moni and Mau were a little insensitive but I loved the way Paula cared for Gabi, their friendship is one of the best in this show.

Isabel poped out in Los Exitosos Perez the other day and my dislike of the character has made me suspicious of the worst for the character in LEP, mmmm.

Susalynn: If you are reading this. I think you are going to love Quebec. I does in fact have an European feel. Montreal makes me feel like I'm walking into a Gyvenchy commercial and Quebec City makes me feel like I'm Belle walking at the beginning of Beauty and The Beast, walking around the with a small town like center of the city, but even more vibrant.

Jarocha
 

Ok kids hi there...thanks for hanging in...oh wait some of you have no choice with the snow and all!! Ha!! Well I managed to finish, so thanks for waiting! Hope you all are doing great...jeepers I'll have ot read all these comments now!!!
 

JudyB:

Big grin. "Funny, honest, informative and entertaining" ought to be good enough for anyone, I think. I am not fond of the extremely visual aspect of my personality. It screams of shallow and superficial, which are such disappointing qualities to find in oneself. It is especially annoying when I look in the mirror.

Tee hee hee.

On Aldo and his marriage proposal...He is a very kind, responsible and generous child. But child is the operative word here. He could not reist boasting about Estrella to his friends and he may have the drug abuse anvil hanging over his head.

Just say no, Estrella, and get your new best friend Jaqui to call her amiga in TV and get your TN part written for a young woman just discovering she is pregnant. Well, that is a fanciful solution.
 

Kris, good job with the recap, it was fun to read. I didn't remember the "boob shot" of Coni when Oscar grabbed her, but it was probably both gratuitous AND fortuitous (at least for the guys).

After lots more snow digging, I'm planning to actually go to work tomorrow, after missing two days. I was really starting to like this extra time reading recaps and commenting!
 

BTW, I like the title (my dirty mind is thinking some multiple meanings, sorry)!
 

Hombre, you aren't alone, and I'm sure Kris knew exactly how she was toying with us.

Nice job on the recaplet amiga, yet another award-winning title!!
 

:) re toying


Thanks for the hug Jarocha!!
 

Yes, RE toy. I forgot to say I loved the caramel corn analogy. It was perfect.

Thanks again for whipping this baby out in the midst of your hectic schedule.
 

Oh, by the way, I totally copied your title. No, really. But I kinda had to. Do you mind?
 

Not at all....imitation is the highest form of flattery..especially if it's you!! :0)
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder