Friday, February 26, 2010

Salvaje 2/25/10 When a Cry is Really a Laugh.

From yesterday:

Rodrigo is home. Leo is so excited. He says she is as young and beautiful as always. He has something important to tell her. She is practically giddy. But then--on no--She spies the wife. This is my wife Constanza--Yikes. He plays it up and kisses her (gross) as he introduces Leo. Constanza is certain they will be good friends. Leo says we will be more than friends we will be just like sisters. You are the sister I lost.

Today:

Noel shows up and is excited to see Rodrigo also. Leo says she has good news too. Noel and I are married. We have a son Rodrigo is happy that they are married. (Yeah, because now maybe she’ll leave her grubby paws off of him.) Noel hopes that Constanza will be happy here. The weather is very nice. What a putz. Poor guy.

Rodrigo is complementing Clemencia on the food. Oh, but it was Celestino’s wife that prepared them. She is the cook. Rodrigo undresses her with his eyes as she leaves the room. Ack!

Celestino is in a lot of pain. He feels really bad. (Couldn’t have happened to a nicer guy.) He wants his daughter to go to the house and find her mother. But no, she has been forbidden to enter the house. He thinks he is going to die. And we should feel sorry for you because…FF>>

Back at the dinner table, Leo is going on about men liking beauty and how much Rodrigo was in love with her sister. Noel gently reprimands his wife and tries to get her to shut her big fat mouth but that’s not going to happen. Rodrigo says he doesn’t have any secrets from his wife. She knows the whole story of Rosi. Constanza assures everyone that Rodrigo told her the whole story. Then she tells her that Rodrigo divided their forture equally between the sisters and that when Rosi died she got all the loot. (Did I miss something? I’m not sure what relevance it had on their conversation.)

Back at the beach the boys are fishing. Remedio gets spooked and thinks someone is watching them. They go to check it out. They don’t see anything so they leave.

Nighttime
Clemencia can’t believe that Leo thought that Rodrigo would come back and fall into her arms. Leo tells her to shut her trap and that she is stupid. Noel comes bopping in in his Christmas bow tie and is just so happy for Rodrigo and he seems so taken with Constanza. Leo tells Clemencia to get the hell out. She looks coquettishly at Noel and says he can spend the night in her room. He looks at her like a little lost puppy. They kiss.

Rodrigo wants to know what his wife thinks of Leo. She doesn’t think she inspires much confidence. Oh, don’t worry, you’ll change your opinion when you get to know her. She really is such peach. You will be happy here.

Back to Leo and Noel. He looks pretty proud of himself and she looks disgusted. She vows that nothing and nobody will separate her from Rodrigo.

More lightening, thunder and rain. Renato wakes up from the storm. Noel is there to comfort him. Do you want me to put on the light. Renato says he is ok. Noel says you can always count on me to get you through the storm.

Narrarator: The cards are on the table--(somebody fill that in I didn’t catch all of it)


The guards are in town raising a ruckus as always. Nothing has changed since Juan disappeared. Everything is the same. Where is Juan de Dios? The fishermen begin chanting “Juan de Dios.”

Narrarator: The life of the children continued its course. (Can somebody fill that in)

Rodrigo is in the study counting his money. Celestino’s wife comes in bringing him some refreshment. She sees all the money and gives him a little show and a come hither look as she bends over to pour his juice. He puts the money in the drawer. He asks her if Celestino is her husband. Yes. He is sick and a worthless piece of dog poo and can’t get out of bed. She turns away and shows him some more of her ass-ets. She needs a man. A complete man. A man who knows how to please a woman. He tells her for now he is sleeping in a different room because they are expecting a child. He touches her. Eww. He can barely contain himself. They kiss. Even my dogs are looking a little green around the whiskers and they think it is a good time for a pee.

Leo is talking to Constanza. I made you this special tea. It will make you feel better. You will see. Oh no! Not the dreaded sleepy-time tea! Constanza doesn’t look very good. Leo is afraid her son will be born with a defect. Or maybe born dead. What a gal. I’ll make you another dose. Run, run for your life Constanza…

Rodrigo locks the door and proceeds to get it on with whats-her name. Gag. Seriously…

Constanza says she’s not feeling any better with the special tea. She appreciates everything Leo is doing for her. Constanza has great confidence in her husband. Leo tells her to drink all the tea as she mentally rubs her hands together in glee. What a cow.

Break

What’s-her-name is sneaking away with all Rodrigo’s cash (dinero en efectivo). Rodrigo finds his money gone. He’s not happy.

Clemencia says that Constanza is doing bad. She is going for the doctor. He has a funny look on his face. Not sure if he is happy or just has gas.

Celestino and his little girl are crying. Apparently what’s-her-name left without leaving a forwarding address. So sad. FF>>

We jump ahead to the birth of the twins. Leo is gushing over them. They are crying and fussing. Rodrigo doesn’t look very happy. On second thought I think that is the way he looks for everything. The doctor says that Constanza is in a very delicate state. She needs to rest. They need to get a nana for the children. (Not to sure if that means like a nanny or a wet nurse to feed them.) Rodrigo gives the children to Leo. Bad idea. Constanza doesn’t look happy about it. Leo reassures her that she will take care of them like they were her own. They are identical twins. Aimee and Regina. Leo purrs over them.

The boys are catching rabbits. Remedio taught Juan de Dios how to catch a rabbit. Someone is watching. Juan doesn’t want to hurt the bunny. Remedio gets the heebie jeebies again and goes to see who is watching in the corn stalks. He tells Juan he is sure someone is watching. It’s a ghost, it’s a ghost. We see a bruised hand. Yes, I am a ghost.

Renato is playing with the girls. Constanza looks terrible. Leo tells her to drink all the tea. Renato wants his dad to come play with him. Rodrigo leans over his wife. He does seem to care about her.

It’s night, by the sea. There is a bonfire. Juan respectfully gets up so his “father” can have his seat. (I’m calling him Nabor because I can’t remember his name) Nabor says how many times have I told you I’m not your father and pushes him down. What an Asshat. Juan, Sr. is in a cave bellowing for Rosario. (At least we know where Juan de Diablo gets it from.) Rosario is carrying around a doll screaming for Juan de Dios to come for her. I believe she has become BSC. Some townsfolk hear her screaming and believe it is the spirit of Maria del Rosario. They hightail it out of there.

Constanza is in bed sleeping. Her color looks bad. She grabs some paper and struggles to write a letter. She crawls to a chest and unlocks it and puts the letter inside. She locks it back up. Clemencia comes in to see what is wrong. She tries to help her. Listen to me well Clemencia. I think I’m dying. I am afraid. For this you must listen. Take care of my daughters. Here is the key. She gasps and falls.

Nabor is at a pub drinking his ass off and telling someone in the bar about his “son”. He was found in the forest. A dark figure in the corner wants to know what the story is.

Clemencia is feeding Constanza. Leo skulks in the background. I think she is a gonner. Leo smiles smugly. She is very pleased with herself. Now the only obstacle between me and Rodrigo will be gone.

Constanza dies as a chorus sings in the background and a candle is dramatically snuffed out. Leo 1, good guys 0.

Nabor is telling the stranger that he is crazy. The child was abandoned in the forest. Juan Sr. says his name is Juan de Dios and he is my son. You will return him to me. And if I don’t--Juan Sr. grabs him by his throat. Well, since you put it that way… it does take a lot to feed him.

Rodrigo is crying over Constanza. Leo runs in looking innocent. What happened? She died. Oh God no! She is devastated--NOT. Why, why! Oh the horror…she comforts Rodrigo. Celestina looks like she wants to barf. Now the children don’t have a mother. Leo kisses Rodrigo on the cheek. Noel, a day late and a dollar short as always, rushes in wanting to know what happened. Leo explains with great emotion that Constanza has died. She turns her back on the group and cries-uh-laughs really. Her fake crying makes Barbara Grecco’s look like amateur night at the Improv and is just as annoying.

Juan, Sr. is looking for his son. I bet he smells pretty bad. He leaves something on the floor.

Wake at the house. Rodrigo looks devastated. FF>>

Juan picks up his son and carries him out of the house. The full moon shines overhead.

Leo tries to comfort Rodrigo in his lonliness.

He left a note and the jewel for Juan’s “father” in payment for him. The mom wakes up and is getting the children up. Where is Juan de Dios? She doesn’t know. She thought he got up early. They go looking for him. Meanwhile…

Juan, Jr. is in a cave with Juan, Sr. sleeping by the fire. He cries for his son. Juan, Jr. wakes up and is very frightened. Don’t be afraid. He tries to leave. Let me go, let me go. This is your house. Juan de Dios I am your father.

Nabor is explaining to his wife where Juan went. She is very upset that he didn’t value the life of the child. He is nothing to us. What an abusive, drunken horse’s butt.

Juan, Sr. is trying to explain to Juan, Jr. what is going on. Right now I need you to be calm and sit down so I can explain everything. You swear you will tell me the truth. I swear. Why are you here? Because I was in prison and escaped. I want to tell you everything. He doesn’t want him to think bad of him and his mother. He looks pensive.

The brother is looking for Juan de Dios. He can’t find him anywhere.

You are the ghost that has been watching me. Yes. He starts to explain but then starts coughing up a lung. Juan, Jr. brings him some water. They hug and cry. I AM YOUR FATHER. Juan Jr. is amazed that somebody wants him. You are the beautiful fruit of our love. He hugs his father and accepts him as such.

Tomorrow:

If the advances are right then it looks like we will be jumping ahead tomorrow. I think this might be the most beautiful setting I’ve seen yet in a TN.

Cap’n Annie

Labels:


Comments:
Can somebody tag this for me? Thanks. Happy Friday.
 

If only the advance scenes were played bt younger actors!!!

So far I like the story. But it is so far off the 93 version.

I don't know why they have to mix two old telenovelas into one. Aimee and Regina were never twins!

The wigs have to go.

http://nathaliedaily.blogspot.com/
 

Lawdy. I've been looking forward to another historic novela since Pasion ended, but I'm having a time getting into this one! (Though some of that, I think, is that I don't have a recording method this time around, so I'm having to do the best I can during the air and come back for the recaps seperately. Tomorrow, I must pick up a DVR!)

These are not particularly lovable characters so far (though I did get a total soft spot for Juan Jr and his oh-so-protective brother. A-dor-a-ble). I see MdR's taking a page from Crazy Lis, toting that doll around. I move that from now on, we refer to Juan de Dios only as JUAN DE DIOOOS!

Somehow, I missed Leo with the tea (little distracted tonight), but I got the feeling anyway she had something to do with poor Constanza biting it. That 'crying' laughter! What a cow. Noel seems like a genuinely nice guy, if a bit of a dolt. He doesn't deserve her. Rodrigo, on the other hand, is a rutting pig. I'd find it an utterly fitting fate if he and Leo ended up locked in some catacombs together. He can get mooned at for all eternity, and she can be the one woman he doesn't touch.
 

Thanks for a speedy recap Connie.
I think that Leonarda had a lot to do with constanza's death. I think she has been poisoning the tea. A healthy pregnant woman just doesn't die, but then again a lot of mothers back in the day died of childbirth than today.

It is a good thing Juan sr. decided to get Juan jr. I can believe Juan jr. was more receptive to Juan sr's stroy because he has been reminded every single day that he is not really related to *Nabor* It would be a hundred times more difficult if he was loved as a true member of the family.

Looks likem Juan sr. won't last past Friday's episode. Same with Maria del Rosario. I was hoing she would stick around until the end but alas, it won't happen.


Ibarramedia
 

Connie - Funny and snarky recap! I have not been watching but your recap is a hoot.

If I'm ever trapped in a telenovela, I hope I remember to never drink anybody's tea.
 

I was trying to think of all the shows that have had sleepy-time tea. The only ones I could think of was FELS and Manana.
 

Thanks for the recap Connie.

Time of death for Constanza, 8:42 CST. Sorry Carlos. :)

Agree Ibarramedia, pretty sure Leonarda had a lot to do with Constanza's death. But, it did take a few years. I believe the girls were running around, so it wasn't a quick death. Should have sent Constanza back to Spain or somewhere, she probably would have recovered.

So how did Juan Sr get Juan Jr out of there without waking anyone up? How long does Sr have?

Yes, Doris, don't drink anything if you are trapped in a TN, even the water. The water on ENDA really messes people up. Hmm, only think to drink is perhaps some good tequila. :)
 

I'm like Juan jr. i sleep like alog so I would not wake up unless really shaken. :)

I'm wondering how how Juan sr. survived all those years in the cave. How was he able to hunt for food undetected? How did he pay for such things as a drink in a bar? He had no money and if he had some other jewels, he would have to sell them for cash.



Ibarramedia
 

Good points Ibarramedia. He is a fisherman so perhaps he fishes at night. Not sure where he would get money. He doesn't appear to be a thief.
 

Cap/n Annie. Thanks for the recap. Your recaps always provide me with my daily requirement of giggles. Wow~Death by tea..slow poisoning. What a way to go. Those dark circles around Constanza's eyes just kept getting bigger and bigger. Que lastima. Leo is nuts. `````````Rodrigo , like Fernando from Sortilegio, has UNO LOOK. It doesn't matter if he's angry, horny, or cranky. I think those are his only emotions. He should at least have three looks..angry look, horny look, cranky look . Otherwise, it's going to get confusing. Do you want to hit me or.....? `````````````Let's see. We've had 4 JUAN DE DIOOOOSSSSs so far. How many more juans before we get the large, economysized Big Ed juan. You're still the juan , Big Ed. We're still having fun, and you're still the juan. [Sorry..I couldn't help myself...It's the snow.]
 

About Juan de Dios Sr.'s cash flow. By the looks of him, he's just been eating fish and living in that cave. We know that he did not buy a razor or comb , and he seems to be in the same outfit he's been in since we first met him on the beach playing with his nets. I do , however, have a problem with his dirtiness. He lives right by the ocean. Why hasn't he done some moonlight skinnydipping to wash off those layers of grime ? p.s. The night he escaped from prison and slipped into MR's bed, I couldn't help thinking ''Bleccchhh. He's been in prison for months with no opportunity to wash or brush his teeth. His clothes are wet and filthy. AHH Si...snuggle up next to me.''~~~Mad bess, just out of the shower and believing ''Cleanliness is next to Godliness.''
 

Mad Bess, I was thinking the same thing. Gross. I'm sure he had to smell. He needs to do some naked swimming for sure...
 

I do agree about the cleanliness. I like to be clean when i'm out with the ladies. :)

I'm not sure how Juan could hide out in that cave for 6-8 years while being severely injured. He must have incrdible survival skills. Then again, Lt. Hiroo Onoda has been hiding for 30 years thinking World War II was still ongoing. He was doing survivor decades before it became popular. ;)

Hiroo Onoda (小野田 寛郎 Onoda Hirō; born March 19, 1922) is a former Japanese army intelligence officer who fought in World War II, and did not surrender until 1974, having spent almost thirty years holding out in the Philippines.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hiroo_Onoda


many years ago, while shopping for military books, I saw his book at Waldenbooks and just had to purchase it.

Anyway, my comparison with Juan Sr. is significant in that Onoda was an intelligence officer and also had military and survival training. Whereas Juan de Dios sr. did not.

Sorry if I bored you all with this. I like to analyze these things.

Someone please tag this for Connie.


Ibarramedia
 

Thanks Ibarramedia. You are such a help. That sounds like an interesting book.
 

A couple of days ago, I actually crossed over to El Clon because I found CS so preposterous that no amount of beanie adjustment could bring me to sit through another episode (all the while suffering massive WmLevyWithdrawal). But, you know what? I'm back! I just had to give up expecting it to be plausible or even appealing as a drama and I embrace it for what it is: a bald-faced comedy, pure vaudeville, complete with non-age-appropriate actors iin ba-a-a-d wigs. Is Mejía playing with us? The giveaway was Helena Rojo's surreptitious laughter (facing the audience), which said to me, "OK you guys out there, this is really one big joke, spoof, send-up. Enjoy!"

Anyway, thanks Connie! Fabulous recap.
 

Great recap, Cap'n Annie!

I agree about not drinking something prepared for you everyday, if you're a telenovela character. On Gancho, Salvador's coffee had some crazy drops added every day by his adoring loca wife.

Nabor (whatever his name is) is going to sell that black pearl, or black jewel, but maybe someone will recognize it (probably not).

I think Celestino's wife was Marta, but we probably won't see her again. Didn't she teach her daughter earlier to steal little things? And isn't that little girl named Rosenda? I may have it mixed up, but she may be in the later part of the story.
 

I believe Celestino's was Magda and daughter is Rosenda. Not sure if we'll see Magda again or not? Perhaps with the money, she'll show up again as someone more important? Now who is going to teach Rosenda more thieving skills? I think Rod decided he really couldn't do anything because she might rat him out for fooling around with her?
 

Thanks, Jeff, I'm sure you're right.
 

Excellent Job, Sis. Very, very funny.

Lady Xoc, I'm absolutely certain this director is having us on. Constanza,fresh from un Gancho al Corazón showing up, beautifully dressed (her hallmark) with beautifully done hair amongst all the disastrous coiffures. Johnny Cash, appropriately decked out in all black. Plus all the things that you mentioned. There's probably things we haven't even picked up on. It almost seems like a Carol Burnett parody. It's good to see our generous recappers giving it the respect it deserves.

Roddy was definitely miffed that his little dalliance was so costly, and indeed he took note of the fact that he didn't dare to accuse her.

Why was Big Juan's hands still all banged up? Maybe he still hasn't quite gotten the hang of shucking oysters. And what skill is he planning on imparting to Little Juan?

B Jimmy F
 

With constaza now deceased, this will trun out to be an intriguing love triangle of sorts. Noel, Leonarda and Rodrigo.

I'm eager to see how the twins Aimme and Regina turn out.



Ibarramedia
 

Carlos: "disastrous coiffures" is right. Plus makeup that might be appropriate for the stage if you were at the way back of the top balcony. That's why Constanza looked so out of place. She was so delicately lovely and impeccably turned out. Unfortunately she only lasted one episode.

I'm guessing that "Nabor" will get pinched when he tries to pawn the jewel. And I love his wife with the braids. She was Doña Carmela in Alborada and she gave a fabulous performance as a grieving mother. The lady can act (if given a chance).
 

Connie, a fabulous recap. I dozed off when the episode started but I'm glad I missed Rosario'screams for Juan, Sr.

I thought it was all hilarious especially your description of Rod and that lady (magda?). I was ROFL.\

And Leo the "crying" when she was realy laughing....

Ann-NYC
 

I think Corazon Salvaje 2009 was meant to be a dark series. Probably even darker than FELS. FELS had some stupid idiotic comic relief with Quintina that I disliked. What kills me in CS is that music when something bad is happening. The freaking chorus and violins. I like Gabriela's theme with the violins in FELS more.


Ibarramedia
 

jajaja
Connie, I think you wrote this just for me

"Juan, Sr. is in a cave bellowing for Rosario.
(At least we know where Juan de Diablo gets it from.)"

They are using the legend of "La Llorana" for Maria del Rosario.

ok guys, I wasn't sure I could stick with this, but I'm hooked. I promise I won't be critical again, pero es una mentira.
 

Thanks for the recap, Connie. I haven't seen too much of the show yet, but now that I'm all caught up on recaps, I'll make sure I watch tonight's capitulo.

Lady Xoc, I didn't quit on CS either, but I let things get in the way of watching it. For Sortilegio, I made sacrifices. LOL, really missing WL...

Interesting info on the guy in Japan, Ibarramedia.

Susanlynn, lol at Rodrigo's "uno look" for his three emotions!
 

Wait--Mad Bess, you are Susanlynn right? My apologies if if I mixed up names. Didn't notice it said Mad Bess, at first, and it seemed like a Susanlynn comment. :)
 

Great recap, Connie!

"When a cry is really a laugh" indeed! I completely agree that everyone involved with this show is having us on. It's like they've made this novela specifically for our mocking and snarking. They WANT us to make fun of how ridiculous it is.

Considering what little we know about Constanza, what could it have been that she wrote in the letter? I sense an anvil crashing whenever it's discovered.
 

I was holding back from CS, but between the few scenes I've seen and the recaps/comments, I can feel myself getting sucked in. Looks like some great hilarity will ensue.
Noel(Pad Tad)looks like Beethoven with that hair style.
La Paloma
 

Cielo de Levy and Lady Xoc i guess you guys didn't see Gordo y Flaca they showed William all this week on there and he was in the studio on Thursday so i got my William fix even though it wasn't a full hour.

Jeff in order to watch a novela like CS i think you need a case of some very good tequila to get through it. I'm enjoying the recaps and the comments about this novela.The next couple of months should be a laugh riot.
 

hello all........recap was great....will this novela last until Summer? i had thought it would be one i could really enjoy....this week was just the past history of things to come once everyone grows up....right? things will get better....right?.....why Would anyone want to get it on with that old man......not even good looking.....now if he were Colunga or even Levy that would be understandable......poor Costanza to drink all that posioned tea and not even taste a differance.....i love the recaps and snark....so now i am hooked......BNinCA
 

Ahoy Cap'n Annie, grrrreat bloody grrrreat job on the recap. Ha, you captured it all most perfectly. Yikes, Leo is quite the little serial get-her-out-of-my-way chica. I'll pass on the tea tonight.

Excellent recap, thank you!!
 

thank you connie for the excellent recap.

was I seeing things or was that little paco/manuelito with the pirate head scarf i saw in a few scenes Thursday night? and was that joven Eduardo from MEPS as joven Renato and little Mayita from CCEA as the twins Aimee and Regina in Friday's episode?

Jody :)
 

Yes, Capitana Jody~~I saw all yjose familiar faces, too. Friday night's episode moved us ahead quickly. Looks like it's calamari on the beach for dinner.
 

Yeah, what was that with the octopus? Looks like Juan is wearing a black diaper. Another Mejía trademark!
 

Belated thanks, Connie, for the excellent recap. One more TN with deadly (well, potentially deadly) tea is ENDA. Carloca prepares tea for Dr. B, but he winds up not drinking it.

Jody, thanks for pointing out that the young Renato is played by the same cute kid who played the young Eduardo on MEPS. I was trying to think of why he looked so familiar.

I've been watching ENDA and have added El Clon and CS, thinking I'd drop one of those two, but so far, I haven't been able to decide. I hope this overdosing at least improves my Spanish.
 

I'm late catching up, but this was chuck full of chuckles. Thanks mucho Cap'n!
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder