Friday, March 12, 2010

Corazon Salvaje 3/11/10 I Can't Tell You. It's a SECRET!

When I played back my recording it had sound glitches and I don’t have subtitles so I apologize in advance for any gaps. Please fill in or correct.

From Yesterday:
Renato is asking Aimee to marry him. She doesn't know what to say. All you have to say is that you accept me. He only wants to know one thing. Will you marry me? Of course she accepts. But unfortunately for Aimee he's in an all-fired hurry to wed. She tries to stall. Wants to get to know each other better. For now it will be our SECRET only for us. He will do anything she wants.

Today:
Meanwhile Juan is extolling the virtues of Aimee.

Aimee is gawking at the ring. Celestina comes in to her room. She can’t wait to share the big SECRET with her Nana. We are engaged. How dreamy. So much for the SECRET. She doesn't want Celestina to say anything. Good thing because she just stands there looking at her funny. She blurts out that Aimee doesn’t love Renato. She tells her about Regina loving Renato and giving him up for Aimee. Aimee says now it makes sense. Renato is the secret love. That is why she wanted me to swear. She's a nun because Renato wants me. Remind me not to confide in Celestina any time soon.

Regina is busily scrubbing away. Madre Superior interrupts. She has a visitor that is waiting. It's Renato. He brought her her camera. She is very happy. How is everyone. I am very happy. Renato has a SECRET. No? Really? Do tell. Last night I declared my love for Aimee and she accepted. We are engaged. Regina swoons. (She makes it look so elegant. I don’t know about anybody else but when I “swoon” I hit the ground like a sack of potatoes. I’m just saying…) Are you marrying right away? No. He wants her to be happy for him. She says oh sure I'm really happy for you and my sister. Gag! He wants to help her. Why won't you say who you love. He wants her to tell the guy her feelings. (Hey, go talk to Nana Big Mouth. I’m sure she’d be happy to tell you who it is.) Please don't do this. I'm taking my vows and you can't change my mind. Thank you for listening. Thank you for everything. She says good-bye. She thinks to herself--what a dumbass. If he only knew he was in love with someone who loves Juan del Diablo. I think there should be a evil laugh when someone says his name don’t you?

Juan and Gabe. They were checking out the house. The one guy looked familiar. They didn't give me their names.

Fed is making his report. Fully says what he does is very important to him. I need to know who lives in the house.

Juan introduces the kid (I'm calling him Curly because of his adorable curly hair) to Gabe. He wants him to take a bath and get some new clothes. Curly is not excited about the bath. Gabe hustles him off.

Knife thrower guy is going on about something to Mama. Where is Jimena? She is making money. FF>>

Jimena runs into one of the Hos. The Ho tells Jimena something and she looks surprised. Apparently they entertain gentlemen. Jimena wants to read her palm but she declines. She tells the Ho about the awesome man she met on the boat. They become BFF (best friends forever.)

Juan is on the beach remembering Remigio. He shouts for him. Remigio's mother is not doing well. Juan is still shouting. Juan enters the hut and finds his "mother" on the floor. She is very ill. Remi comes in and threatens Juan with a machete. He starts to say his name but hesitates. Mom knows it is him and is very happy to see him again. Remigio looks surprised. You are Juan de Dios? I am your brother. I am Juan. They are very happy. I think mom is dying. Juan tells her to rest.

Ho and Jimena are walking on the beach. She gives Jimena money. She has to get back. Snore--FF>>

They got the doctor for mom. Juan says the doctor has to save her. He's sorry he can't do anything. Mom wants them to be brothers again. She gives Remi the benediction. They all cry. She dies. It is the next day they have the funeral. All the fishermen are there. FF>>

Leo has made some “special tea” for Rod. Normally I would say run, run but in his case I’ll make an exception and ask him if he wants more. He asks about Rosenda.

Magda is talking to the gay dude about going to Finca del Mar. I don't want to go. But she want to see Rosenda.

Juan and his friends are talking. He finds out that Remi works for a Montes de Oca. Dun, dun, dun…Juan doesn't look happy.

Leo is talking to Rosenda. She doesn't want another woman around Rodrigo. Rosenda knows how much she loves Rodrigo. Always I will guard your secrets. Someone runs in with a message for Rod. She gives it to Leo. Rosenda tells her to get lost. It is a note from Madame Magda (I can’t remember her other name). Leo looks less than pleased.

Juan and Remigio are talking. Juan wants to know the scoop. We will talk later. Remi thanks Juan.

Aimee is thinking about Juan. But then again, when doesn’t she think about Juan.

Juan sees Regina as she walks by in her nun habit. He is happy to see her. She is surprised to see him too. He explains to the Madre how he knows Regina. Madre says the novices are not allowed to speak to gentlemen in the street. Let's go Regina. Regina says May God protect you. Or the Devil says Juan.

Aimee is talking to Leo and Rosenda is there. Aimee wants to go to Vera Cruz but Leo says she has to take Clemencia with her. She wants to visit Regina at the convent. She gets permission and is very happy.

Knife thrower guy. The circus is in town. Come to the circus. I don’t really get this whole side plot and I don’t really care.

Aimee is getting ready to leave and arguing with Clemencia. Renato walks in. He wants to know what is up. She is going to go visit Regina. He doesn't want her to go without him. Oh wait, I forgot something. Hen Aimee goes back upstairs Renato tells Clemencia that when he looks at Aimee it makes him crazy. Regina is my friend, my confidant. But Aimee… Yeah, we get it already. Rosenda watches.

They arrive in Vera Cruz. She wants to visit Regina. That's fine.

Curly is all cleaned up. Juan has to leave. He needs to complete his plans. He wants to meet Rodrigo face to face.

Noel is happy that Renato is in Vera Cruz. Everything is fine at the Finca. Renato has good news but it is a SECRET. Noel wants him to spill his guts. But of course it is the bestest, most wonderfulest SECRET in the whole wide world so he can’t tell. Rod thinks sometimes it is best not to tell your secrets. Hmmmm….. Renato tells Noel he has been thinking about what he was promised as a child. He wants to look for Juan. I want to know what happened to him. Rodrigo looks impactada.

The fishermen are trying to sell fish but the soldiers won't let them. Where is the Union Steward when you need him? Some guy is running his mouth. Sell your fish for good or for bad. I really don’t get that part. Who cares where they sell their fish?

Aimee is walking on the beach. Oh happy day! Juan shows up and is so happy to find her. Juan wants to know why she didn't wait for him. She spins a story about problems at home and her father being sick blah, blah, blah. He looks a little doubtful. He wants to talk to her dad. His health is very delicate right now. He wants to know her last name. What is your last name? Would somebody tell him already so we can move on?

Labels:


Comments:
Hi everybody! I have a vacation day on Friday but I'll be checking in. Could somebody tag this for me? Thanks. 8(:-)
 

Thanks for the recap Connie! I'm confused. Was the woman with Jimena one of Madame Magda's "ladies" or was she Don Fulgencio's wife?

I have to admit, Juan is starting to grow on me. I like him much better with his hair back.
 

Curly: LOL, great name! Oh what a beautiful morning, oh what a beautiful day... :-)

xlntperuvian:

"I'm confused. Was the woman with Jimena one of Madame Magda's "ladies" or was she Don Fulgencio's wife?"

It's easy to tell them apart: if the lady is hysterical and dumb b*tch, then she's Mrs. Fulgencio. If she's kind, calm and friendly, then she's a prostitute with a heart of gold. :-)
 

If Curly doesn't want Gabe to give him a bath, I'd be happy to stand in for him.

Mandatory screaming of Juan de Dios, evil follow-up laughter for Juan de Diablo - I approve! Maybe we should throw some thunder and lightning in there, too, as much as this novela seems to like it. How many times has Count von Juan sworn revenge on the Montes de Oca today? Twelve! Twelve vows of vengence! Ah-ha-ha-ha!

Wasn't there something about the taxes being levied on the fishermen? Maybe the soldiers and their random screaming man care where they sell so they can squeeze every peso possible out of their pockets? Or maybe it's just some sort of SECRET.
 

Thank you Connie. I don't get the circus plot either, except that it's a good vehicle for the preposterous doings of a lot of shady characters who provide us with endless incomprehensible subplots.

And what about Regina on her hands & knees scrubbing the filthy floor in in her dazzling white drapery? Not a spot on her. How did she do that?
 

Thanks, Connie.~~So..Renato likes it . so he's gonna put a ring on it. Beyonce would approve. That big, sparkling diamond seemed to do the trick ,and regardless of the daisy petal outcome, it looks like Aimee has chosen ice over fire. Que lastima. We are being shown that Reggie is indeed Juan's juan-true-love by the look on his face when he sees her in her nun's habit. But, Juan, hold on because...it's a hard habit to break. Sorry..it's early...I'm sleepy. I have to get ready for work. Later...
 

p.s. Didn't poor Clemencia look very uncomfortable when Renato was getting all hot and bothered telling her how hot and bothered Aimee makes him feel. Yikes. TMI for Clemencia, Dude. Save that talk for your buds and spare nana the vivid description of your lustfilled thoughts on Aimee.
 

Great recap, Connie. I also like your evil laugh idea when anyone says Juan del Diablo.

I think the hooker with the heart of gold is named Fifi. She was on the ship, and Federico is taken with her. Aribeth's method of telling her apart from Eloisa is a good one.

It appears the circus guys invite everyone in town to their show, and then rob the empty houses. I think star-on-shaved-head was saying this, pointing out the Finca Del Mar to his buddies as a possible target.

Juan and Regina definitely had a lot of eye contact. And he was very gallant with her, very un-savagelike.
 

The circus people sent Jimena to scout some house in town. That's when she ran into the ho with a golden heart. They are planning to robe the best ones. I thought the leader said they were going to start with the whorehouse.

Jewels
 

On today's episode of "Everybody Hates Reggie":

Rod and Fop are like "oh well" regarding Reggie in the convent;

Aimee realizes her milkshake brought Renato to the yard and that's why Reggie ran to the convent. Also, Aimee doesn't seem to be perturbed by this at all.

Juan finds out Regina is "Santa Regina" for real and can't talk to strange men on the street.

Renato tells Clemencia that he just can't see Regina as a woman, but that Aimee, boy...


Today's episode of "Everybody Hates Reggie" was brought to you by Gypsy Tyme Circus Productions and Beachside Fish House...
 

Gracias for the recap, Connie. What's that saying, two can keep a secret if one of them is dead? Obviously these characters have never heard it!

I love the nickname "Curly" for the kid. By the time this is over, Juan will probably have acquired Larry and Moe as well.

I wonder if it's going to become a pattern that anytime Juan meets back up with someone significant to him, they're on their deathbed. I really don't want Laura Flores' talents to be wasted by having her doing 1-2 minutes per show, 2-3 episodes a week, covered in a veil, acting crazy. I'd really love it if she gets found and restored to her proper place and gets to enjoy life for a while, maybe get remarried, watch her grandkids grow up, torment Leonarda a little. Don't spoil me if you know, I'm just wishing out loud here.
 

Mad Bess, you are so right! Clemencia definitely looked sick when Renato started drooling over Aimee's attributes. I had to wonder just how "descriptive" he was.
 

Connie, thanks for the wonderful recap. No fair. Finally a bath and it's a kid and not Big Ed. So now that Regina is in her white habit, these two are attracted to each other. Go figure.

I wonder if Renato knows that his feelings for Aimee are pure lust or why would he be telling poor Clemencia the embarrassing details of how he feels. Clemencia knows for certain since she got that earful.

My word verification is pregi. Is that a foreshadowing for Aimee.
 

Thanks, Connie! Como siempre, very entertaining.

Anon, lol Everybody hates Reggie. Good one!

Kat, I'm also lol at Larry and Moe.
 

Hi everyone just checking in. Can someone tag it for me? I thought it was kind of a boring episode but it did lay some groundwork for some other stuff I guess. Had stuff to do today and it is raining. It's been raining all week. I'm getting sick of it. Will check back in later. 8(:-)
 

Connie: Another wonderful recap - your title had me laughing and I thought the way you interwove th e "SECRET" theme throughout was magical. Your humor is great - I enjoyed every word. By the way, I have never "swooned" myself but rather fallen face down (like a Christmas tree) more than once. So much for elegance and grace.:)

Aribeth, I also loved your analysis about determining Mrs. Fulgencio vs. the woman with the heart of gold. Very clever.

Lisa, I wanted to thank you for your comments on the Amor Real costumes the other day. I hope you continue to post, I am learning so much from you.

Mad Bess, "Renato likes it . so he's gonna put a ring on it." Excellent!

Hombre, I like the way the possibility of romance is very gently, subtly unfolding between Juan and Regina.

Kat, very astute comments about everyone close to Juan dying as he appears or reappears on the scene. It would be nice for he and his mother to reunite although it appears she may no longer be coherent.

I'm enjoying this more each successive night. I like the stirring of feelings between Juan and Regina and it will be interesting how she gets out of the convent.

Diana
 

Jewels, I think you're right, they're planning to rob the whorehouse. That should be interesting.
 

Hi, Connie:

Thanks so much for the recap. I did not have closed captions either so I really appreciate your hard work, and the SECRET's theme..

Lady Xoc: Thanks for this! ITA
"I don't get the circus plot either, except that it's a good vehicle for the preposterous doings of a lot of shady characters who provide us with endless incomprehensible subplots".

Last night's worst wardrobe faux pas had to be the bad nun's habits and especially the novitiate's white linen shroud. Good lord. Those costumes look like they were made from sheets left over from the No-Tell Motel's going-out-of-business sale.

I like our little gypsy, Jimena, Gabe's one true love. How will she escape from her evil "Mother"? Will sand-dollar man have his evil way with her? She's my favorite heroine in teh TN so far. Imagine how cute she would be in one of Regina's old dresses!
 

sheets left over from the No-Tell Motel's going-out-of-business sale

Well, you know. Now that Aimee's got a ring on it, they probably think they're on the way to bankruptcy.

They're probably wrong, too.
 

I tagged it for you.
 

Hey Connie, thanks so much for the very funny recap. Nice job doing it without CCs and with screwed up audio. Oh yes, I just love how everyone can keep a SECRET! Next thing you know Aimee will be POed because somehow someone knows her SECRET.
 

Great recap --great and snarky, especially without the CC! ITA - "somone tell him already so we can move on" LOL!
 

I missed some of the beginning episodes, so could someone fill me in a little? I know that the parentage of Juan De Dios was discovered. Why did he leave Vera Cruz and where did he go? Sylvia
 

Juan was adopted by Santiago Aldama, Rodrigo's business partner. Aldama and his wife took Juan back to Europe. He brought up Juan and educated him there.
 

Just read some time frames & ages on wikipedia

We are now in 1875
Juan de Diablo is 27 (he has had a hard life)
Renato is 22
The twins 18
 

I think that bu now you know, since ti happened last night, but the house the Star on the head guy was going to rob wasn't Madame Marlene's it was Don Fulgnesio's. So I guess he getting in deep trouble here.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder