Monday, March 08, 2010

Corazon Savaje, March 8, 2010

Gabriel tells Juan that he seems so content. It's the passion replies Juan. Well then perhaps you'll forget about getting your revenge. Juan goes ballistic and says what stupidity are you talking about? I will get my revenge against all the Montes de Oca until there is nothing left of them. Passion and revenge should not be confused. I can feel passion, but will not forget what this journey is really for. Revenge. My revenge.

Noel, Lenoarda and Renato are anxiously waiting for the arrival of Rodrigo and the girls. In walks Rodrigo and Leonarda gets a cheesy grin on her face. In walks Regina and she has a cheesy grin on her face when she sees Renato. Next Aimee sashays her way in and Renato jaw drops to the floor at the sight of her. Rodrigo greets Leonarda who is so happy to see him that she won’t shut up. He tells her that she is as beautiful as she always has been. Then he turns to Noel and says I can see that you have treated Leonarda well. Then greets Renato and insists he call him Tio. Noel greets the girls and says that he barely recognizes them. Aimee tells him that she couldn’t wait to see him again and says the same to Leonarda. Leonarda brings Renato forward and says come and say hello to Aimee and Regina. You were so anxious in meeting them again, why are you so quiet? I am so blown away by their beauty replies Renato and kisses each girls hands. Aimee says you look good yourself. Chuckle from everyone. Leonarda finally greets Regina and remarks on how beautiful both of the girls are. Renato, looking at Aimee, says that is mother is right. They are beautiful and any man would be happy to have them at their side.

Juan walks into his rented pad and says this is exactly what I wanted. Gabriel says he can’t believe that no one came to greet them when they disembarked. Especially the guy they communicated with. (I can’t even try to spell the name of this person. Someone help) That’s because I ordered it that way replies Juan. You will meet him when the time is right. But in the meantime I want to explore this place.

Noel raises a toast to Aimee, Regina and Rodrigo for their return to the finca. Aimee quickly questions if they will be living here full time. She really wants to live in town. Renato says that there is nothing better then living in the country. Regina agrees with Renato. Aimee tells Regina that in this case they both are very different. Then taunts her by calling her Santa Regina. Santa Regina?,questions Renato. That is how I tease my sister. Anyway she is a great photographer. Noel tells Regina that there are many places for her to take pictures. Renato offers to take her to the best places. Clemencia comes in to tell the arrivals that there rooms are ready. Clemencia greets the girls. Of course Aimee grabs all her attention. Leonarda tells Clemencia to take the girls up to their room to rest. Renato says he will accompany them. Rodrigo asks Leonarda to set up a special meal to receive Frederico Martin del Campo. He was on the ship with us and he appears to be a fine gentlemen. I think he would be an excellent husband for Regina. I would like to formalize their relationship and set a wedding date.

Frederico is at his place. He finds a letter from his solicitor saying that there is a list of creditors wanting payment on delinquent accounts. He tells himself that he has to formalize his relationship with Regina or look for a loan. Otherwise Rodrigo will find out exactly how broke I am. How do I get out of this mess?

Juan and Gabriel tour the house. Juan is happy with his rented pad. Juan tells Gabriel that from now on they will act as business agents for Juan Aldame de la Cruz. Me too asks Gabriel. Of course replies Juan. In the time that we have spent together you have won my confidence. You have inherited that from your father. I appreciate your confidence replies Gabriel. Juan gives him the day off. Gabriel says and what are you going to do? Juan says I am going to complete my reason for coming here.

Juan goes to his mother’s grave and brings her flowers. They say you are my mother, but I don’t know much about you. I wish I had known your caress and your voice. If I had known your story then perhaps I would be able to sleep in peace. A peace I have not felt since they yanked me from your arms. If you had existed then perhaps I would not be the same man as I am today. Like what everyone calls me. There goes that animal. That savaje. He would do anything to just hug her and talk to her. He needs her blessing. A blessing that he never received by not living next to her. I need you so much. Even though you are dead, you live in this corazon savaje. More weeping as he lies on her grave.

The dove comes back again to visit Maria del Rosario. She says you came back to complete your promise. Are you taking me far away from here to reunite me with Juan de Dios? She recalls meeting him and his kisses. She says she can’t leave yet. It’s not time yet. She must meet her son.

Juan promises revenge against those that hurt her.

Noel says are you really going to marry Regina off to someone she does not want? We know how serious marriage is. Leonarda tells Noel that his comments are inappropriate. Rodrigo knows what’s best for Regina. He is her father and I will support his decision. Fine replies Noel. I will no longer state my opinion on this matter. He ask Rodrigo to meet in private to go over some business affairs. Rodrigo says that’s not really necessary. You have sent exquisitely detailed information on the business. You have done well. So have you heard anything from our associate in Spain? Santiago asks Noel. He unfortunately passed away several years ago. So who inherited his fortune and interests in our business asks Rodrigo. I understand that his son who lives in Europe did replies Noel. Perhaps he will come here. I had never met Santiago, but would like to meet his heir someday.

The fisherman are fishing. Juan comes up on them and helps. A guy thanks him and after talking they remember who he is. Hugs all around and men frolicking in the water.

Renato, Aimee and Regina are conversing on the porch. Renato says he cannot believe how much they have changed. What I mean is to see how beautiful you have become. That’s really sweet replies Regina. Renato asks Aimee if she left behind many heartbroken men. Was there any that were really important to her? Of course not replies Aimee. I have not yet met the man who has stolen my heart. Did you know that Regina has a proposal? Really asks Renato. Not I replies Regina. Aimee says of course you do. You have a gentlemen who wants to marry you, but you don’t want to except him. She says she’s in love with another. Who asks Renato? Aimee says don’t insist. She has never told me. It’s a secret. Renato tells Aimee to quit teasing Regina. Everyone has the right to follow their heart. I have an idea. I would like you two to accompany me around the finca. I assure you that you will be happy with all the changes that have happened here while you were gone. The girls agree.

Fisherman guy says welcome Juan de Dios. Juan loses his smile and yells out that Juan de Dios is dead. Don’t you remember!? I am Juan del Diablo. I have come for revenge.

Rosenda bosses the girl she got into a fight with around. The girl tells Rosenda to get off her high horse. Now that the girls have come back, Senora Leonarda will forget all about her. They are educated and refined. I wonder which one with conquer Renato.

Juan tells fisherman #1 and Pedro that Santiago and Mabel died in a tragic accident awhile back. He was a great guy who gave me his name. Pedro asks if he inherited a great fortune. Yes a huge fortune replies Juan. And I came to share it with you. To put it at your services. How are the soldiers treating you? Worse every day replies fisherman #1. They put an unjust amount on the fish we sell. But if we didn’t except then we’ll die of hunger. Pedro says things have not changed since his father was alive. Juan says things will be different. How asks Pedro. First off we need to buy a cart. Fisherman #1 says I know of someone selling one. Then I will give you the money to buy it replies Juan. That is the first step in making the fisherman’s lives better. This place recalls many memorizes for me. Meet me tomorrow and bring the cart. Not only did I come here for revenge, but also for justice. And if necessary with my own hands.

Clemencia and Regina are happy to see each other again. Clemencia tells her that she has the same angelic smile her mother had. Regina says too bad the only thing that we have left of her was that truck. A truck that has disappeared replies Clemencia. I don’t lose the hope of finding it one day. Why are you so interested in finding it asks Regina. Inside are many things especially a letter she wrote. I imagine that there is something in that letter that is very important. She shows Regina the key that she has around her neck that will unlock the box where the letter lies.

Orca returns to his lair and throws a bunch of ropes to the side and on top of the missing truck. He is pissed that Rodrigo has returned.

Rodrigo is happy to once again eat the food from his country. Noel notices Aimee not eating and asks if everything is okay. Aimee says she’s not use to such strong flavors from her food. She says she’s sorry. Leonarda promises tomorrow they will have food more to her tastes. Aimee comments to everyone how wonderful her godmother is. She directs her comments to her dad that after her mother died, Leonarda should have been the next woman he paid attention too.

Orca yells at Maria del Rosario and the mute to make sure they keep their mouths shut or else.

Gabriel recalls encounter with Jimena/Estrella. He wonders if he’ll ever see her again.

Meanwhile Jimena is getting slapped around by “Mama”. Mama asks where is the money that she stole from the guy on the boat. Jimena swears she did not steal one cent from him. Mama tells her that her joyride is over. She will pay back every cent that she has spent on Jimena. Then slaps her again. Jimena says whatever you want. Just don’t hit me again. Mama says she’s going to talk to the knife throwing guy. He has wanted you for some time.

Clemencia asks Regina when is she going to tell her about the guy she is getting engaged too? I am not going to marry him replies Regina. I am in love with Renato.

Back from break and Clemencia tells Regina that she could not have set her sights on a better man. Regina says she’s scared that he will not respond to her. Of course he will replies Clemencia. You are the woman that he needs. He will respond to you and you’ll be the happiest woman in the world. Regina says your words give me hope. Now you understand why I can’t marry Frederico Martin del Campo. Because I adore Renato. Only him and no one else.

Leonarda asks Rodrigo why did it take him so long to return? Because of the bad memorizes replies Rodrigo. When I decided to come all I could think about was the faces of each woman. You keep thinking about my sister asks Leonarda. She has been dead for a long time. How can you still think about Maria del Rosario after all that she did to you? Aimee enters and asks who Maria del Rosario is.

Renato comes looking for Regina. He needs to talk to her.

Aimee asks if Maria del Rosario was the lady that died for love.

Renato takes Regina outside for some privacy. He says something has happened to him since the first moment he saw them enter the house. He is in love with Aimee.

Aimee keeps asking. Rodrigo says enough. I told you on the ship that we would not talk about this. Obey my orders. Rodrigo leaves the room and Aimee goes to asks Leonarda who says now is not the time to talk about this. Another time.

Renato asks if she’s okay. All of a sudden she appears pale. Regina says everything is fine. Renato says I wanted you to be the first to know how I feel. We have always been good friends and now more then ever I need your advice. Do you think that Aimee will accept my love? Do you think that she will accept marrying me? Regina tells herself that she cannot tell him the truth. It will break his heart. She instead asks if he really loves Aimee. Yes replies Renato. I love her with all my heart. Regina tells herself that she will help him win Aimee even though it will break her heart.

Aimee goes outside and thinks about her savaje.

Juan goes to his father’s grave and swears revenge against the Montes de Oca.

Aimee says to herself that this storm will not deter her from seeing Juan. Rosenda yells at Aimee to immediately close the doors. Aimee says how dare you give me orders! Because I am Leonarda’s goddaughter and I look after her interests. Besides the rain is coming in and water is getting on the floor. So I tell you again to close the door.

Aimee tells Leonarda that she doesn’t know what Rosenda told her, but she just wanted to get a bit of fresh air. Leonarda tells her not to bother the servants (?) Though she has taken Rosenda under her wing like a goddaughter, she really only has 2. Her and her sister. Rosenda is a faithful servant and doesn’t want Aimee to mistreat her. Whatever you say replies Aimee.

Regina tells Clemencia that Renato confessed to her his love for Aimee. And I promised to help him. Clemencia asks her why did she not tell him about her feelings. Because I didn’t want to mortify him replies Regina. I desire with all of my soul for him to be happy. Even if it’s not at my side. Although I am positive that Aimee does not love Renato. And probably never will. Why do you say that asks Clemencia? Because on your voyage here, Aimee had relations with another man.

Juan visits his dad’s old place and cries. He remembers his father dying. He swears that all the Montes de Oca will pay.

Regina tells Aimee that she wants to talk. She wants Aimee to swear that if Renato asks for her hand in marriage and she excepts that she will never cheat on him. And try to make him happy. Aimee says I don’t understand you. Regina says swear to me. Say it or I will tell dad all about that savaje you meet on the ship. Aimee says don’t! You wouldn’t dare! Regina goes to leave and Aimee says fine. I swear. Now go to sleep. I’m tired. Regina takes off her necklace that Renato gave her. She tells Aimee to start wearing hers for Renato. Aimee says fine. Whatever you say. Regina cries and says I have lost you forever Renato.

Manana: Regina tells Daddy Warbucks that she will not be marrying Frederico; Aimee meets Juan at the beach

Labels:


Comments:
Can someone tag this for me please? Thanks.
 

Gloria thanks for the recap, Juan is like a broken record isn't he i swear i will make the Montes de Oca pay, i swear i will make the Montes de Oca pay, i swear i will make the Monetes de Oca pay.
 

Gloria, that was great! Thank you. This episode was pretty predictable, especially the scenes of Juan dD thrashing around with his glow-in-the-dark teeth, crawling onto the graves of his padres, and generally hamming it up in a salvage kind of way. My husband looked over and commented, "Hey wasn't that guy the sweaty baker last year? He sure likes to take his shirt off".
 

Thanks for the great recap Gloria. Did anyone else expect to see the glowing magical flower on Rosi's grave? That would have been too much.

Could our little Ho already be preggers? I sure hope not.

Aimee would buldoze all over Renato. What a putz!
 

This comment has been removed by the author.
 

Thanks for an excellent recap, Gloria.

I think fisherman #1 is Santos. Also, I think Jimena's "Mama" is Griselda.

Juan was really funny with his screaming.

Connie, I also thought Aimee could be pregnant when she didn't like the food.

People sure didn't waste time back then. Juan meets Aimee, wants to marry her by the second date. Renato is also in instant love with Aimee. Come to think of it, maybe it's not the times, it's Aimee. I want to marry her, too. :)
 

Do they not know what happens when you have sex? They didn't really have any kind of protection back then did they? Just wondering.
 

Gracias, Gloria!

Juan rolling around on his parents' graves was funny in that awkward way where I didn't want to laugh because I was sure he was really suffering, but does he have to be so amusing while he does it?

My irrational hatred of Aimee continues. Bringing up the awkward sibling nickname in front of Renato? Come on! Who does that? Oh, wait, Aimee. So far all the available prospects for Regina are either greedy jerks or Aimee's leftovers. So unfair! On the one hand, I want her to get a Sandy-at-the-end-of-Grease makeover and get Renato's attention, and on the other hand, if he's dumb enough to think he's in loooooove with Aimee after two seconds, who needs him! Hombre, please, marry Aimee and take her far, far, away! You have my blessing.

Connie--good point. I bet they did have stuff, but it wasn't too readily available. You probably had to know someone who knows someone.
 

Gloria:

What a very thorough recap you have given us! Thank you. I am not a detail person so I really appreciate those of you who are!

Aimee, with child? Hmmmm, THAT would complicate the story Connie. You should be writing this TN.

I am disappointed in Renato, bless his lustful little heart. He did not give the earnest Regina a second look.

I wonder where I can get a set of day-glo white choppers like Juan's. Those teeth could be used as a beacon, they are so white. They should work well in furthering the Juan and Aimee passion. As a signal between them, Juan could just stand in the fishing village, smile up at the finca and Aimee could head on down to the beach.

Iron Elna O' Velvet
 

Connie and Kat:

I would think at least the pros running a bordello knew some methods of contraception. Otherwise, the regular furlough time for the workers would really eat into the House's profits. They probably weren't that reliable and, as Keel Haulin' Kat said, you probably had to know somebody.

Iron Elna O' Velvet
 

Connie, I don't know how old you are, but there was no reliable protection against unwanted pregnancy until about 1960. The implications of sex out of wedlock were severe and often life-threatening. Having babies, even if you were married, was also risky up until the mid-19th century (until they figured out how to prevent infection by washing their hands, duh!). Men often went through 2 or more wives. Just look at any colonial cemetery.

That's what bugs me about this plot. These young ladies would never have been placed in such a situation. There were rules of propriety governing with whom they could speak, how introductions were made and retribution for any offense to the honor of their (male) parent or guardian. Madame Bovary notwithstanding, Aimée's behaviour is shocking. Even Regina's, going out on deck alone. They would have been chaperoned everywhere. Also, they would have been extremely ignorant about bodily functions, including their own. You may find this hard to believe, but when I was a nurse in the middle '70s (1970s, that is) I had patients who had delivered several children who still had no idea where exactly their babies had come out from.

But this is the stuff of bodice-ripping potboilers. So I am tolerating the historical inaccuracy and just going along for the ride.
 

Thank you co-capitana for the excellent recap. I went ahead and tagged it for you.

The taller of the two fisherman is Santos. He pushed Juan and Juan pushed back and then yelled Santos. Juan lept into Santos' hug.

Jody :)
 

This comment has been removed by the author.
 

Connie, in Alborada Fernando Colunga's character once mentioned that he always used some kind of protection (except that night when he banged the protagonist).

***

Lady Xoc

"until they figured out how to prevent infection by washing their hands, duh"

Yeah, thanks for Ignaz Semmelweis. I live next to the medical university that was named after him. :-)

I agree with the chaperon thing. If I remember well un Yo compro esa mujer the protagonist travelled with her dad AND her nanny (basically the baby-saving Clemenica character).

****

Elna and the teeth: ROTFLOL
 

I forgot: Gloria, thank you for the recap! :-)
 

Wm Levy has a new baby hija

http://www.peopleenespanol.com/pespanol/articles/0,22490,1970609,00.html?xid=pespdaily03092010
 

Gloria, another exceptional recap. You always note every scene and turn of event so well.

Renato has always considered Regina a friend and the truth is, Regina's love for him has always been one-sided. The sad part is that Aimee's obvious flirtation was in spite of the fact she doesn't care about Renato at all and even worse, knowing Regina was in love with him. Of course, she doesn't want Juan either, she just wants who she wants, when she wants. Instant gratification - no censoring.

Diana
 

Aribeth, I'm impressed. Not a lot of people know about Ignaz Semmelweiss, a truly tragic figure in medical history.

Elna June & Kat: there were lots of home remedies, old wife's tales, and grisly lore surrounding pregnancy in the "olden days". If you had the services of an experienced midwife/herbalist/wholistic practitioner you were probably a good deal safer than than some of the wealthier ladies who used doctors. Lower class, agricultural women probably had the best deal of all. If they got knocked up, they were usually forced to marry the guy (some local hick) but often continued to live at home until the guy had enough money for them to "go into housekeeping" together. It was shameful, but wouldn't ruin your life. Factory girls were less lucky, there was simply no place for them to go and suicide, murder & madness were not uncommon outcomes (think of An American Tragedy by Dreiser or Emmeline by Tobias Picker) Prostitutes often had to use an abortionist (who may have been that same midwife) at the behest of their madam. Either that, or they went away during their confinement and gave up the baby in order to return to work. Upper class women who may have been "taken advantage of" by an unscrupulous nobleman often were sent to a convent to deliver and then lived a life of ignominy and shame. Or if their families had money for the dowry, they became nuns and their babies just "disappeared" Think of Suor Angelica by Puccini. When I was in high school, there was a local home for unwed mothers which resembled a sort of work house á la Dickens. The social stigma was tremendous and abortions meant making a lonely trip to Puerto Rico or to some back alley, where you might not survive the experience.

Sorry for the soapbox rant, but this is important history. There are parts of the world today where medical care is not readily available and patriarchal societies dictate a girl or woman's choices. I just think Mejía is ignoring these aspects of reality back then. Carla Estrada did a much more accurate job of depicting day-to-day realities of social structure and scientific advancement in all of her period dramas. Also, a little less polyester.
 

Lady Xoc LOL from the comment your husband made glad he has recognized EY true acting skills.

Elna June a set of day-glo choppers too funny.

Hambre surely you jest there are a lot of ladies out there for you who has been so much around the block as much as Aimee has been.
 

Yáñez did not disappoint, wallowing around on graves & bellowing his lungs out, ¡Gaviooooota! Sorry, I can't help it, DA was my 1st novela.

In Amor Real, Antonia's nanny asks about her getting pregnant. She said, Manuel is a doctor & knows what to do. hmmmmm, all I can think of is to pull out in time, but of course there is always a Michael Phelps in the sperm olympics.
 

Thanks for that info Lady Xoc. I just turned 49 last week! :( Yes their behavior would be considered scandalous. They were always (or supposed to be) chaperoned. Unless they had some kind of protection (whatever that might be)sex was a serious thing.
 

I was just remembering back to my Lamaze class with my first-born and that was in 87, there was one couple who did not know where babies came from. (We had to watch a film and they were fascinated.) I just couldn't believe in this day and age the people would still not know.
 

This comment has been removed by the author.
 

Lady Xoc, thank you for the informations.

I also like about Estrada that she at least attempts to be accurate historically.
Well, after a while I got fed up with the rape fests, dirt, urine, autodafes and other nice things (if I want brutality and reality I'll watch HBO's Rome, not a pink Mexican telenovela), but still, I love her professionalism.

Semmelweis: the savior of mothers was a fellow countryman and we learnt about him in school. :-)
 

Variopinta: congratulations to William and Elizabeth! :-)
 

I was joking about wanting to marry Aimee, but it is amazing how much more appealing she looks than Regina, when they're both played by the same actress. Just as some women like "bad boys", some guys are attracted to "bad girls".
 

Great recap Gloria.

Aimée's first time in previous versions has always been with Juan but here she seems to bee more experienced than the girls with Rosenda's mom.

Here's the entry on wikipedia about the history of condoms:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_condoms

Maybe Aimée was able to get some old style rubber condoms back in Spain.

Jarocha
 

Connie:
"I just turned 49 last week! :("

Who'd'a thunk? from your picture, I assumed you were a youngster. Holy Cow. The best is yet to come. Life doesn't begin until 50.
 

Hombre de Misterio: I think there's some Vivien Leigh in Aimée, which makes her enchanting, but the overacting, the unbelievably red wig, the make up and the dresses ruin the picture for me.

I prefer the little angelic Regina. Although unfortunately she's also on the awful wig/ridiculous clothes bandwaggon. :-)
 

Thanks for the recap Gloria! Great job!

I'm glad I'm not the only one have EY flashbacks to the sweaty, screaming, shirtless baker. I had to FF> at the second gravesite last night. And yes, I did think about the glowing flower on the grave.

I also noticed how ridiculously white his teeth are for the first time also!

EY ruins this novela for me, not sure how much I can stand.
 

Gracias for the great recap, Gloria!
 

Thank you, Gloria, for your detailed recap. I missed last night's performance of Juan Kong (a reprise of I-Juan-A-Brain from FELS, minus the hairy bread & communal showers) but after your descriptions, I felt like I saw it all. Bravo!

Yes, condoms have a rich & lengthy history but I'll bet the Love Boat probably did not have any sheepskins in the ship's dispensary. Plus, what's a TN without an unplanned pregnancy? Blasphemy, I say!

Maggarita
:-)

p.s. shout out to Elna Jane! I saw your comments regarding your architectural strapless...LOL! I'd need 721 radials to support my puppies without straps.
 

Thanks Lady Xoc. So the best is yet to come huh? I thought my life began around 40 or after the divorce of my second husband! 8(:-P
 

Gloria, thanks for the recap. We can count on Juan to bellow, can't we? I like his engaging smile, but not the bluster and blubbering.

I'm one whose non-glowing teeth are on edge with the historical inaccuracy. I enjoy historical novels and screen dramas with characters who show their humanity within the limits of their era.

Upper class unmarried young ladies were restricted in their behavior. Spanish culture was especially notorious in this regard. One reason for a girl to wed was to enjoy the social freedom of a married woman. There's also the whole women-as-property thing tied in to the social restrictions. (Didn't mean to rant, too much history stuck in my brain.)
La Paloma
 

Amor Real
Anyone watch today.
Now, that is directing & acting. I had tears in my eyes. Manuel just finds out who his mom is, she knew but has recently acknowledged it. And now she might lose her hijo in a duel. Muy triste

I have always given the credit to Carla, but now I have to ck out her directors
 

Donde Esta Elisa started last night it loos like a mystery suspense novela about a missing teenager. It looks really good on Telemundo at 10:00pm.
 

Thank you Gloria for a great and detailed recap! My DVD broke and I couldn't see the last couple of scenes. Much appreciated!

==========
Hubby says EY has only two acting personas--the very loud & angry or the very stupid & goofy grinner. Well, EY has not let us down on either account, especially after last night. I guess I could have really done without that lo-o-o-ong soliloquy at his dead mama's grave last night. I like the storyline, but like burnt toast a lot of this is over done and hard to swallow.
 

Aribeth:

Oh my goodness, are you writing from Budapest? I love Buda and Pest and Hungary in general. How fun for us to be in Victorian Mexico, together!

Big grin,

Iron Elna O'Velvet
 

I thought Juan's over-the-top grave scenes were funny, too, but enjoyed them. I have a Spanish question: why is the de of Juan de Dios changed to del when it becomes Juan del Diablo? Sylvia in Georgia
 

Because it's "Juan of God" and "Juan of the Devil". "God" is a proper name, whereas "Devil" is more like a title. If he were calling himself "Juan of Beelzebub" then it would be "de" instead of "del".
 

Sorry, forgot to add that "del" is a contraction of "de el," "of the".
 

Lady XOC:

Thank you for the valuable Women's History lesson. You are so right to remind us of the experience of women; even 60 years ago. Life for women today is significantly less dangerous.

lady Xoc, do we already know you by a different name?

Maggarita: Speaking of shout-outs you got me good with this comment, "I missed last night's performance of Juan Kong (a reprise of I-Juan-A-Brain from FELS, minus the hairy bread & communal showers)...". As to our "private" converation— LOL—Because you are Italian I am going to have to say, "Go, Pirelli!" Giggle...

Connie: Was there really a couple in 1987 who did not know from whence came babies??? Oh, my goodness!

Black Heart Jardinera 654: I love the burnt toast metaphor!

La Paloma: The historical anachronisms are very hard to take, aren't they. It is like they are not even trying...
 

Elna June, I used to sign in as Agnes in NJ, but was absent for a while and when I came back, had forgotten all the old passwords & logins, so now I use my other identity which is the name of an important Maya Queen.
 

Thank you Kat for clarifying the de vs. del. Sylvia
 

"I love Buda and Pest and Hungary in general."
Elna: Wow, that's great! :-))) I'm glad to know this. (and yes, I'm writing from Bp.)

***

In defense of Yanez: he's a mediocre actor but he's capable of performing well. In his old novelas* and in Destilando Amor he was fine. Unfortunately in the Mejías he becomes his own parody.

* I hope once Televisa or Univision will repeat Yo compro esa mujer.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder