Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Dinero 3-30: Rafa sees Marco macking a red-hot mama and is (briefly) reunited with his Panther. Ale mends her ways.

  • Ale tells Beltran she quits: she saw her doll-self being destroyed in his group therapy. "If it had been as bad as you say, you wouldn't have had to quit, I would have fired you." He says he wants (after a good bank account) harmony in the workplace. "In how many businesses do the workers love their bosses, anyway? I trust you'll work it out."

  • In his quest for the big sale that will free him from Ale, Rafa has found Refri Transport, a refrigerated trucks company. Pretending to be a buyer, rather than a seller, he finds out he has to make an appointment with a Mr. Zarate - by phone.

    He asks Susana for a phone book, she coldly hands it to him. He asks about Ale, whether she has quit. He protests he didn't participate in the mannequin massacre but Susana's having none of it: "I saw with my own eyes. I won't listen to any more, it is affecting my aura."

  • Rafa calls Refri, but Zarate's secretary (sounding a lot like Vicki) tells Rafa (via the receptionist): such matters cannot be discussed by phone, he must make an appointment - for a person-to-person session - but no way. "Sorry, he's in a meeting." Rafa is not discouraged, he smells big possibilities.

    Ismael says: "If you can convince Refri, you'll never need another lottery ticket."

  • Ale tells Susana she's staying. "Where's Medina? I'm desperate for him to pay me off and get out of here." She cries.

    Susana brings good news: she's made an appointment with a great lawyer named Pardo to get a second opinion on the hacienda embargo. "Great! Don't tell Marco!"

  • Marco finally hunts Chavez down; predictably, he's in a smoky bar, surrounded by babes, with one of his excellent Saturday Night Fever shirts on.

    Chavez gives Marco the cold shoulder, huffily calls him "abogado" (lawyer), asks what he's doing here, and reproaches him: "I have my dignity. You beat and humiliated me."

    Marco defends himself, saying he had to look good in front of the family. "Well, I had the impression you weren't acting! You hit me with all your heart and soul! You detest me!" Like a wounded lover, Chavez asks: "What am I to you?"

    Oh, Marco is going to have to suck up if he wants Chavez back on his team. "Chavez, you are ... a big friend ... um, a lawyer... intelligent..." (he's stammering) "simpatico... you have a great sense of humor..." Chavez is still pouting. "Something is lacking - you need to say you're sorry." Marco sputters but capitulates: "OK, I'm sorry. Satisfied?"

    "Not yet." "Then what?" "Invite me to drink a bottle of whiskey with you, to prove your true friendship."

    Marco yields, of course. Chavez ("but you should call me Vicente") introduces him to some babes who he should "get to know profoundly."

    Marco says he has to go, Ale is waiting, but Chavez is indignant: "This is how you treat me? This is true reconciliation? Our friendship is not important enough?" "OK, I see. I'll stay a bit longer." Chavez ("call me Vicente") says he can get them a "private place and another bottle."

  • Marco calls Ale and tells her Urdiales has suddenly called and forced him to go meet some business contacts at a bar. "I'll try to get an advance from him to pay some of your father's debts, since you haven't succeeded in getting an advance from Beltran." "Oh, yeah, right. OK, tomorrow then."

  • That evening at 5:30, an embarrassed Ale passes by the sales team (as they prepare to leave early) on her way home. After that departure, Susana is mad at all of them and says she'll report them if they leave. "But we have to visit clients." "Show me the clients, then we'll see."

    After Susana walks away, the team chides Dandy for his failure to seduce Susana - he says he failed because she's from another planet. "I need to restructure my strategy and do something against my principles. Find me a vegetarian restaurant!" They are astonished.

    Later, Dandy adjusts his suit and asks Susana about a good vegetarian restaurant, she lights up about it, he invites her, she refuses: "I want to go - but not with you."

  • Jimenez goes to see the sex therapist, begging her to be discreet - "my co-workers would make fun of me and my mother-in-law would kill me!" He says the problem is he gets no sex at all from his wife; she thinks he's a "disgusting fatty."

    "No, you aren't," says the therapist, massaging his shoulders. "Do you get excited by other women? If so, the problem is not a sex problem, but a relationship problem. You think she is like a mother."

  • Rafa gets a call from Pepeta, who has found a buyer for Rafa's beloved "Panther" (the black car he ran Ale off the road with, the car that's been in the police impound ever since).

    Rafa is relieved, but also miserable - his love affair with his car is longer than any other he's had... Pepeto: "You're breaking my heart, should I cancel?" "No, no, I need the money." "Meet me at this bar..." (We know it's the bar where Marco is making out with babes.)

    Rafa arrives and says he won't part with his car till he sees the money - experience has taught him something. Pepeto is mildly indignant.

    A proposito, Pepeto says: "I hear you're saving the skin of Auto Siglo. You're the star. How's it going with your debt?" "It's hell, I can't do it, I'm looking for a huge sale so I can get out from under."

    Rafa gets a call from Vicki Vicki Vicki and while enduring her squeaky scolding ("don't send your brothers, I'll be there in 20 minutes") he sees - he sees - he sees - Marco macking with the red-hot mama! Marco is trying to leave but not without many more kisses.

    Pepeta asks Rafa why he looks like he's having a heart attack. "My boss's boyfriend, macking another mama -- and they're supposed to be getting married!"

  • Next morning, Rafa answers the phone and Ale is more vitriolic than usual: "No, I didn't quit, I won't leave you in peace till you pay me to the last penny. GET IN HERE!"

    Rafa is almost out the door when Jaime shows up; Rafa asks for a favor. "But Rafa, I don't have any money." "Not that - here, take this money and liberate my car from the pound."

    Jaime is happy for him, knowing how much "The Panther" means to him, but Rafa corrects him: "I'm selling it to pay my debts." Now Jaime is dejected for him, and cautions: "Rafa, be careful with Pepeto - his businesses are shady..."

    Rafa tells Jaime what he saw at the bar. "I don't know what to do about it."

  • Minutes later, at Auto Siglo the team is terrified of Ale's vengeance but she glides in all sugary smiles.

    In the sales meeting she tells Ramirez his voice always transports her to heaven; she speaks respectfully to Rosaura, asking if she should use "usted" with her. "Would a quota of two cars be satisfactory?" Rosaura would prefer a quota of one. "Susana, please put Doña Rosaura down for one. And Jimenez, would three be too many?" "Perhaps a bit high." "Put Jimenez down for two." He won't need his Pepto Bismol today. She calls Claudia sexy and demure.

    She offers to hold Medina's chair for him. "Please, be comfy." She massages his shoulders (giving his head an aggressive little crack from time to time).

    "In general, there will be no more torture, you are all responsible adults who do not need to be pressured for results. Susana, each may dictate his or her own quota. Have a marvellous day." She glides out.

    Ramirez is exultant: his method worked! [He is evidently impervious to the sarcasm with which Ale's performance was permeated.]

    Susana thinks this is ridiculous and will end in disaster; Ale points out it's what Beltran wanted, a "good atmosphere."

    Beltran comes in and says everyone is happy. He tells the sales force to go out and sell. He thanks Ale but starts to worry when she says "Let them work it out on their own, a democracy." "What? You'll ruin me." "It was your idea." "Can't Susana do it? She can release you from friction by harassing them for you."

    He tells her Medina, ace salesman, deserves preferential treatment. She seethes.

  • Rafa gets his Panther back, all legal. "I need time for us to be alone together." Jaime says he'll leave them to enjoy their intimacy and falls over. (?) Rafa calls Pepeto: "I need 24 hours with my darling car."

    He is stroking and cooing over his Panther when Ale emerges from the showroom. She hits the car, remembering the accident, and faints. He scoops her up.

    She comes to and yells, "Why did you bring it here, to torture me? I'll get my fiance to get rid of it."

    She thinks Rafe should give her the money he gets from the sale, but he says the car is outside their agreement. She disagrees and again says she'll call Marco.

    Rafa: "Go ahead, if you can find him... if you believe in him so blindly..."

    Ale: "What do you know that you're not telling me?"

Labels:


Comments:
My goodness Melinama!! Thanks for the speed of lightning
recap. I looked for the recap in a hopeful and obsessive desire and there it was!

Good cliffhanger ending. Will he or will he not say anything to Ale about Marco? You know if Rafa does, it will definitely be a case of "kill the messenger".

The meeting of Ale with the Auto Siglo sales team was funny. Yes, sarcasm is Ale's specialty.

I felt bad for Rafa losing his Panther. Maybe later, Ale will get it (her?) for him.

Barbara
 

Thanks Melinama.
I love how you always get your recaps done so quickly and so full of details.

Tonight was fun. It was like the rainbow after last nights stormy episode.

I so enjoy Marco and Chavez and the bar scene was halarious. Chavez was really hurt by Marcos prior actions. Too funny

Ale at the end was pretty good too. I have said it before and you touched on it tonight but she does sarcasam better than any one out there.

And Rafa catching Marco "macking" out was great.

It is sad he has to sell his panther. He is right to be leary of Pepito though.

Thanks again for the fun recap
 

Melinama, I'm constantly impressed by how quickly you get such detailed recaps done!

Ale is the queen of sarcasm, hands down. She's so good nearly everyone took her syrupy sweet attitude seriously.

Marco and Chavez are a riot! They're supposed to be our main villains but after yesterday's antics, I find them far more like-able than the Siglo crew.
Did anyone else see Isabel's split second appearance? I wonder how she would have behaved with the Ale doll. I just can't see her beating up on it like everyone else.

Rafa's really backed himself into a corner. If he tells Ale the truth, she probably won't believe him and if he backtracks she'll jump down his throat for trying to insult Marco. Poor guy can't catch a break.
 

Great recap, Melinama!

I haven't watched this show faithfully, so I was completely fooled by Ale's sarcasm, and in fact thought it was a dream sequence, that never happened. But it did.
 

Thanks for a great recap Melinama. I'm glad to see the love couple made up. But enough about Marco and Chavez, we need Ale and Rafa to get closer again.
 

I knew that whiskey would be involved in Marco wooing Chavez back. Yes Jeff, my second favorite couple in this novela are back together, where they belong. :) Now, what will it take for Rafa to win Ale over? If only she were as easy as Chavez!
 

Thank you for the great recap Melinama.

Boy, that Siglo crew is really slow. I can't believe they didn't get the sarcasm.

Jeff, I'm also glad the love birds made up and Whiskey made it smoother. Though it looks like some dark clouds are on the horizon for them.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder