Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Dinero March 16: In which Susana learns to shout: "Get up, you worm!"

I was sewing and thinking, "Hah, whoever is the recapper tonight is sure getting off easy," when I realized it was me. Oops. Well, luckily tape was running.

Marco comes to take Ale and Auntie to the airport, but Ale has called a taxi. She gives Marco a cool peck of a kiss and her dad gets a warm embrace. Marco whispers, "We'll make love 24 hours a day when you get back," she smiles snidely thinking he doesn't want her unless she is perfect. They get to Houston; the nurse in Houston speaks extraordinarily halting and accented English for an Amurrican; the operation goes fine; Ale mumbles, "Medina, Medina" as she is under the sedative. She starts her therapies, all is well.

Susana is not doing so well. Her low-key approach includes replacing the daily "Hymn" with hand-holding and spiritual mediation (not very spiritual, as you can imagine). People straggle in late and even on the first day she has to lean her head against the glass and say ommmm ommmm while ringing her little brass bell in order to calm herself down. The whole gang is impressed by Medina's new suit. He soon puts it away and goes back to the old one for his "lion hunting" expeditions, afraid Ale will kill him if anything happens to the new duds.

Next morning, early, Medina's phone rings. It is Susana, sort of giggling, reading to him the script Ale has left her: "Get up, you worm! Get in here! Start selling!" Rafa says she needs to work on her delivery, she is lacking the jefa's cadence and energy. He misses Ale dreadfully and vice versa.

Marco is not happy either. He is bored to death, especially by Don Jorge's inability to play poker competently, and he doesn't like the comida tipica Don Jorge prefers for breakfast.

Two weeks in, nobody has sold much of anything, although a sort of cute blond, separated from her husband, comes in authorised (supposedly) to buy a flotilla of vehicles for her business and Marino thinks he'll land the deal and also land her as a good wife (wait till she finds out how many women he has to appease on payday). Susana is so demoralized, when the sales team REQUESTS that they sing the Auto Siglo hymn, she says, "Sing it at your desks; I need to be alone for a while."

Rafa makes a rare visit to Vicki's and gets threatened by her brothers and their butcher knives. Vicky grabs him and presses him to her breast, saying all will be well as soon as he moves in with her and the butcher boys.

The technique Rafa used on Cheeseman (pretending to be a big buyer and then a segue into selling) does not work on the next bunch of guys. He needs a new technique. In some small town, he sees a funeral - it's of the richest man in town - he creeps down and insinuates himself among the mourners, finding out little details about the deceased. Soon, he is one of the pallbearers, sobbing "Don Chema, Don Chema!" The sons are suspicious: "Who is this guy?" To be continued.

Tomorrow: everybody parties.

Labels:


Comments:
Thanks Melinama for the recap. You always amaze me at how quickly you get your recaps done and up for us who like to read them before we go to bed. I loved the title.

Poor Susana. Her little meditation humming wasn't really doing it for her. This was an interesting episode. I liked that she had lots of scenes. She really is a good actress.

I also enjoyed her phone calls to Rafa. "Get up you worm" giggle giggle. I did feel bad that almost everyone except Rafa, Bebe and Isabel were disrespectful to her.

I really get nervous for poor Rafa whenever he has to deal with Vickys' crazy brothers. I keep trying to figure out why he stuck around for two years. Maybe he needs Marco and Chavez to help him get rid of her.

Marco and Jorge were fun to watch together. I think Jorge called him Marcella a couple of times.

The funeral scene was totally out of the blue and was pretty funny. Didn't see that coming. Lets hope this is Rafas' new hunting ground. (Does that sound disrespectful?)

So two weeks have already gone by. I wonder when we will see Ale back in Mexico?

Thanks again for the recap.
 

Thanks for the recap Melinama. Wow, time flew by, two weeks already? Rafa has to start selling soon.

Being jefa is really starting to wear Susana down. Sad, no respect. Would expect it from Marino, but was hoping for more from some of the others.

This funeral selling technique doesn't seem right. :)
 

Thank you Melinama for the recap. I'm out on Tuesdays and I forgot to set my DVR again and turns out I missed such a funny episode.

Rafa is so sweet. I was laughing my heart out when I was reading that he put the new suit away in order not to break it and not get yelled at by Ale.

I'm looking forwarad to seeing Ale without the cast and the collar.
 

Melinama, you are the ultimate of recappers-- fast, funny, fullofinfo. May we all aspire to your lofty height. Thanks!

Though Rafa was amusing when carrying the casket, I felt maybe the funeral angle was a little disrespectful as well. However, I will reserve my opinion until I see how the situation plays out in tomorrow's episode.
 

I am very curious to see what this new market is. Rafa is going way over the top with his "grief", but I feel like he has something good up his sleeve. All the partying that happens tonight looks promising. Looks like there will finally be a new connection to the beauty salon because Marco has his eye on a dancing Ovi in the previews. I hope Karen comes back at some point and causes more trouble for him.

I always think it's so funny when the tn characters go to the "U.S." and all the "Americans" they encounter speak that slow, halting English. They almost pull it off until they have to pronounce a word that starts with "st", and it comes out "e-st.." It makes me feel better about all the realistic stereotypes of gringo Spanish they usually have in the tns. :)
 

This episode was pretty funny, I thought. I loved Susana doing her Ohmmms trying to calm down and kept being interrupted by everyone's excuses for being late. Unfortunately, her spiritual approach doesn't work with these people, they did sort of try the one day. They need to sing the song again.

If Rafa was wearing his old suit, what happened to the paint on it? I wish he would quit caving to Vick and her hermanos - I think if he stood up to them they would back down like most bullies.

I thought the funeral scene was funny if a bit strange and certainly overdone on Rafa's part. The sons or whoever they were said something like "is this one we didn't know about?" I wasn't sure if that meant Don Chema was gay or something.
 

Ivy- Rafa's mom told him she had managed to get most of the paint off his suit. The woman knows how to stretch thin resources.

Maybe Don Chema's sons meant that they thought dear old dad had another kid on the side and it might be Rafa.
 

Vivi - that's probably the more likely interpretation!
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder