Wednesday, March 10, 2010

El Clon, Tues. March 10- Guilt, guilt, guilt (and the mouth)

I'm sure my recap won't be as amusing as the one Paula did yesterday. Of course, I don't have as good material. Instead of the mad scientist, we have the consumed-with-guilt scientist and the broccoli rubber band was barely in this episode. On the other hand, we did not have another screaming match with Leo and Cristina so that's a good thing.



This is guilt-stricken Albieri. Dora thanks him for making her baby and Albieri looks stricken. Silvia asks what is the matter and what happened to the other 31 eggs and Albieri looks stricken.






Marisa and Lucas discuss yesterday's kiss. Marisa says that she didn't kiss Lucas because she thought he was Diego. Lucas tells her how he used to pretend that he was Diego and kiss Diego's girlfriends but not her. When Marisa says that she wouldn't have been deceived, Lucas agrees that the women preferred Diego's kisses. Shameless manipulator that she is, Marisa tells Diego that she liked his kiss a lot more; it was passionate, very emotional and tender. It's too bad she got here after Lucas is all happy with Jade.

A guilt-stricken Albieri tells Silvia that there was an accident with the eggs and he asks her to forgive him, then he runs out.

Luisa tells Silvia that she thinks Albieri fell asleep in the lab. Silvia says that she deserves an explanation. Then Luisa does something really stupid. Without asking Albieri, she replaces the picture of his dead fiancee with her picture in the frame on Albieri's desk. Silvia is dubious but Luisa has it all figured out: Albieri went to seminary but lost his faith and then he fell in love with a woman who died and that is why it is hard for him to give his heart. Luisa has convinced herself that Albieri is changing - didn't he propose to her? Silvia can't imagine Albieri in a seminary. She says that he is the biggest atheist (ateo) she has ever met.

Dora tells Vicki that she is sure that she is pregnant. She is going to take of herself and read parenting books so that she will be the best mother in the world.





A guilt-stricken Albieri goes into a church and asks the Lord what he has done.








Leo and Enrique are in a bar with a couple of women. Of all the bars in Miami, Norma is in this one, too. She calls Cristina to let her know. Naturally Cristina has to go there. In vain does Vicki tell her indifference will hurt Leo the most. Cristina is in such a hurry that she won't answer the phone.

It's Jade calling. Latifa points out to her that things aren't working too well with Lucas' plan to marry her - every day it's another excuse. Jade makes more excuses: Lucas is a student; they're waiting for his father to support them; Lucas can't just take any job. Latifa contrasts this with the sacrifice of family and religion that Jade is making. She says that Lucas had better get his act together because Ali is leaving next week and taking Jade with him back to Morocco.



A guilt-stricken Albieri is at home while Luisa tells him not to worry about about the incident with the eggs. She is sure that the embryo implanted in Dora will take. Albieri smiles weakly.











Nariza is the mouth that never stops. She harasses Mohamed to tell her what he said that got Said so worried.













Finally, Mohamed can't take it anymore. He tells her that the problem is that Jade doesn't want to marry Said because she is in love with a Westerner. That shuts her up for a second.






Cristina comes to the bar and sees Leo dancing with another woman. Instead of confrontation, thank God, she decides to make Leo jealous by dancing with and kissing a random guy. Enrique keeps Leo from confronting her and Leo leaves the bar. This is interspersed with flashback by both of them to happier times. Cristina tells Vicki that from now on Leo is dead to her. She will never mention his name again. [We should be so lucky.]




A guilt-stricken Albieri is having dinner with Luisa. She asked how it was that he became an atheist. He says that it was the solitude. It was hard to believe in God when he felt so alone. The doorbell rings. It's Lucas. He wants Albieri to talk to Leo about Islamic customs and why Jade isn't taking advantage of him and why Lucas needs to marry Jade. Albieri agrees. Lucas says that there isn't much time. Ali is taking Jade back to Morocco next week. Albieri is surprised to learn that Ali is in town.



The mouth is still going. Nariza has decided that Ali has come to Miami to get Jade married to Said right away to keep the shame from his family. Nariza is determined that the marriage must not happen and she is going back to Morocco to give Said a piece of her mouth, I mean mind. Latifa is unable to conceal her joy at news that Nazira is leaving, much to Mohamed's annoyance.

Enrique tries to interest Leo in his new girlfriend but he is focused on Cristina.



Lucas is trying to get a job but is not doing too well since he doesn't have the education or experience for the positions he is seeking.









Leo sends for Lucas to come to the office. Lucas complains about always having to do what his father wants and contrasts his experience with Diego who didn't let himself be pushed around. Mama Rosa says that Diego and Leo were exactly the same and they understood each other but Lucas is like his mother - tranquil and calm. She liked music and art. Lucas tries to summon some backbone. He says that if he has to, he will fight with his father. No one will choose his destiny for him.






Albieri finds the photo switch on his desk and lashes out at Luisa. She apologizes and then tells him in a hurt voice where the other photo is and walks out.








Poor Albieri, now he has two things to feel guilty about. Albieri is about to apologize when someone comes into the lab and the opportunity is lost. Albieri gets Dora's address off the computer in Silvia's office and lies to Luisa about that and about where he is going.







The mouth is packing up her stuff to return to Morocco. She tells Jade that lenient people like Ali are not punishing people who violate the customs and this is sending the whole society to hell in a handbasket. Jade escapes from the mouth and sits down next to Ali. Nariza tells Latifa that she will return soon to take care of her brothers. When Ali says that since Nazira is returning to Morocco, the date of Jade's wedding could be moved up, everybody throws cold water on that idea.

A scantily clad woman scandalizes Latifa and Mohamed. The tolerant Ali says that every group of people have their own culture that they think is superior to the others. Nariza takes the opportunity to say that the cultures shouldn't mix. As an example, she says that someone raised in the West couldn't adapt to Moroccan culture. Ali doesn't respond. Everyone but Jade leaves for the airport.

Jade calls Cristina. Cristina says that Lucas won't take her calls. She is sure that it is Leo's fault. Jade arranges to come and talk to Cristina.

Albieri drives to where Dora lives. He meets her on the street but he can't do whatever it was he had in mind. They have a mindless conversation and Albieri pretends that he is looking for an address.

A very glum Said meets Zoraida in the medina. She tells him that Nazira is on her way back to Morocco and that Ali and Jade are coming back the following week. Said refuses her invitation to go home with her for some mint tea that will make him feel better. Zoraida returns home and tells another woman who works in the house that Jade is in love with Lucas. Said is lurking outside the lattice and overhears. He is impactado.





The credits roll.

Labels:


Comments:
Thanks very much, Jean, for this very helpful recap. There were passages I really didn't follow when I watched last night, such as the conversation between Lucas and Marisa, and your recap made them wonderfully clear.

Has anyone else been having problems with the Spanish captions on Telemundo lately? I think they were totally absent from last night's episode of "El Clon," and about 90% absent from "¿Dónde Está Elisa." I'm so frustrated, both because I really need them and because when they work, they're so much better than the ones on Univision. Is it just my set? my cable company? my luck?
 

Hi Juanita:
 
Last night the captions were fine on my station but on Tues. night both the Spanish and English captions were garbled – a few words and then gibberish.
 

Hi Juanita and Jean: my (English) captions on T-mundo hardly ever fail me; it didn't this week. could it be the cable co.?
 

Jean, don't feel bad if you can't spin straw into gold. Neither can I. The luck of the draw gave you a pretty putzy episode last night. They certainly give a lot of airtime to good ol' guilt-stricken Albieri, didn't they?

I can only write well when I love the subject. You should've seen my recaps in the final weeks of Tontas. That show got so awful, my recaps read like a police blotter. (Pat goes to house. Talks to Gregoria. Leaves.)

I'm sure Clon has plenty of good episodes in the lineup. But last night's was not one of them.
 

Cristina's behavior is so infantile and annoying, serves her right that Leo is not giving in. So glad he's standing his ground, although it's probably just a matter of time.
 

I totally agree, Paula. In fact, I stopped doing recaps of Univisión novelas because they were so bad that it was torture to recap them.

This episode of Clon wasn't an award winner for sure. It looks like maybe something is going to happen with Lucas and Jade tonight. Over to you. ;-)
 

Thanks, Jean and mrslmgallego, for your feedback about the captions. I've discovered one more thing. Somewhere, I thought I read something about ¿Dónde Está Elisa? being on at 2 or 2:30 in addition to 10 pm, so this afternoon, since I was home, I turned on the TV at about 2:40 and sure enough, there was yesterday's episode. And the Spanish captions, which had been missing on my set last night, were working perfectly this afternoon.

This discovery got me to wondering about "El Clon" as well. Any possibility that it, too, is being broadcast twice? I've been trying to find information about Telemundo's daytime schedule, but I can't find anything for programs earlier than 3 or 4 pm. My local newspaper (The Washington Post) doesn't list Telemundo at all, just Univision.
 

Hi Juanita: When a new novela starts on Telemundo, they typically rebroadcast it late night at 11:30 and the next day for the first week. This is the first week for Elisa. So no El Clon at times other than the main broadcast.
 
It sounds to me like your problem with the captions is with your local cable provider. I would complain to them and hopefully things will improve.
 
 

Thanks for your recap, Jean. I don't have captions and appreciate all the work the recappers put in.

Maybe I'm old fashioned, but why would Cristina think she would get Leo jealous by acting the way she did with that guy at the bar...???
But some guys are such saps, I think Leo was jealous.....wasn't he...???

Juanita, I've been watching Donde esta Elisa. I was hoping maybe you could tell me what the young girl said at the end that she found out about Elisa...??? And also was the guy Elisa was kissing, her cousin...???

also in NYC the show is also shown again at around 11:15 pm EST on Telemundo.

Ann-NYC
 

Juanita --
I have know idea how this happens but you may want to try it. I often tape the telenovela at the same time I am watching it, so I can go over scenes I don't understand when necessary. If not, I just erase it.

I have discovered that when captions are missing while I am watching it, they are there on the tape. Que milagro! Try it. See if it works for you.
 

Hi, Anne. I'm happy to know that Dónde Está Elisa? I'm not sure I can answer your questions, but here's my best guess. What I'm pretty sure about is that yes, the guy Elisa was kissing was her cousin, Santiago. As for what her cousin Flor said near the end, I had to go back and watch that passage on my tape again and again, since I didn't have any captions, but I **think** she said that she sent the nasty message to Elisa's computer because she was angry at Elisa, because Elisa said she was embarrassed to have a cousin like Flor. Her mother then seemed most intent on finding out whether Flor had told anyone else about this, and when Flor assured her that she hadn't, her mother said that this would be a secret just between the two of them.

I hope at least some of this turns out to be right. :-)
 

Oops, I see I put an extra e at the end of your name, Ann. Sorry.

Anonymous, Thanks for your suggestion. I've also at times seen something similar, where the captions appear on the taping even if they weren't visible when I was watching. But I think that may be because I hadn't set the TV to show the captions when I was watching. They were there, however, so all I had to do was ask. When I asked while watching the tape, there they were. This time, however, I tried and tried to get the captions while I was watching. They weren't there then, and they weren't there when I watched part of the tape afterward. However, when I watched a few minutes of the same show when it was rebroadcast today in the afternoon, the captions were there. Go figure! I hope last night was a momentary aberration, because I really need the [Spanish] captions.
 

Geez, I don't know what has happened to the connection there used to be between my fingers and my brain. I see that I started off my message to Ann with a sentence that made very little sense. What I meant to say was that I was very happy to know that Ann was watching ¿Dónde Está Elisa?
 

Juanita, thanks a million. I thought that was what you wanted to say. I do things like that a lot. I guess we think faster than our fingers are typing without realizing it.

I just love the Donde Esta Elisa story.

Thanks again.

Ann-0NYC
 

Jean, thanks for the information about the multiple showings of ¿Dónde Está Elisa? I'm sorry to hear that they do this only for the first week. Oh well....
 

Jean: Thanks again! You are so much appreciated. Nariza "The Mouth" LOL! What a nonstop nagbag! Poor helpless Mo. I was ready to climb through the tv screen and stuff a sock in her mouth to give us all a little peace and quiet.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder