Wednesday, March 03, 2010

ENDA, March 3, 2010. A time for 2nd chances

Old: Romina writes Camila a letter and leaves Bernandito with her. Romina heads for the open road. Camila says you can't do to your son what your father did to you.

Romina and a guy are flirting back and forth on the road. She is on the wrong side of the road and swerves to avoid an oncoming car and flips over.

New: Natalia and Ivonne tell Dr. Bermudez what happened while he was out.

Romina tries to get out of the car, but is stuck. She sees fire and starts freaking out.

PJC is giving communion to the prisoners, talks to his old cellmate and watches the inmates play a game of soccer.

Camila calls Monica and tells her what happened. Monica tells her to calm down that Romina will probably call her. You know how impulsive she is. Camila hopes everything is okay with her.

Police and firemen show up to get out Romina with the Jaws of Life. Romina is hysterical. The paramedics tell her to calm down. The guy in the other car is far worse.

German asks Nestor his old boss to help him get out. Nestor says he can't because he doesn't want to get his name dragged in with his.

Emiliano comes to visit Camila after receiving a call from her. She shows him the letter that Romina wrote. She has tried to call her many times, but just gets voicemail. He is furious that Romina would abandon her child after complaining about her dad doing the same. The pattern has repeated itself says Camila. Emiliano tells her that German has been detained for fraud and will probably go to jail. Camila gets upset. Emiliano assures her that he will take care of the baby and will fight for custody. Camila sighs and says that her grandson could not have a better father then him. Emiliano assures her that they both will care for him. The phone rings and she finds out about Romina. Emiliano says he's coming.

Paloma, PJC and Madeleine are having dessert and coffee at a restaurant. Madeleine tells Paloma that it is her time now to be happy. Paloma hopes so. On the outside she appears happy, but inside she is sad with all that Carloca has done. Madeleine understands and says that your family will help you overcome your sadness. Madeleine takes her leave. Paloma tells PJC that she is going to visit her mother at the cemetery. PJC asks if she wants him to go, but she prefers to go alone. He tells her that German called Emiliano asking for help. German wanted Emiliano to lie for him, but he refused. Paloma says Emiliano has always been a good friend to German. Yes, but that friendship has limits replies PJC. Emiliano made a comment to me about not understanding your relationship with Gabe. I couldn't tell him about Gabe's secret. Are you sure about your decision? Do you really want to marry Gabe? Yes replies Paloma. Emiliano will have to make a life with someone else.

Nurse Betty comes to give Carloca her medication, but Carloca refuses. The nurse shoves the pill in her mouth and tries to force her to swallow water, but instead spills in on Carloca. Carloca calls the nurse an idiot and tells her to get out. After the nurse leaves, Carloca says to herself that she doesn't want to take any more meds to make her sleep. She has to find a way to leave and go back to her house, to her money, to Paloma and PJC.

German has called the old attorney Rojas and asks for help. Rojas doesn't want to get involved even when German threatens to spill the beans on him helping Carloca change the will.

Romina is in the hospital and remembers being stuck in the car. She starts freaking out. The nurse tries to calm down her down and says your mother is on her way. Romina says I never want to drive again or get in another car.

An investigator comes up and tells German that they found out he helped falsify a will to help out Carloca Espinosa de los Monteros. German denies the charges and says it was all Rojas. The investigator tells him to stop lying. German says look at the dates. I wasn’t even working at the law office at the time the will was falsified. The investigator says we will open an investigation and if it is true then Rojas will join you in jail. You knew about this and should have denounced him. And because you didn’t you are now his acompliance. No matter what happens you cannot wash your hands with this. German is now in more crap because of his greed.

The doctor comes to Carloca and says that the nurse told him what happened. Carloca asks if he has fired her. The doctor tells her that she is in no way allowed to treat anyone in that manner. Are you threatening me asks Carloca. I am telling you that if you keep treating my nurses this way then I will ask that you be transferred to another hospital replies the doctor. Carloca says you can’t do this! Not until you investigate why I can’t move my legs. My I can’t walk! Of course I can replies the doctor. They can keep attending to you at the jail. The only reason I am not doing it, is because your condition is a mystery to me. I don’t understand the cause of your immobility. But I want to figure it out. Although that all depends on your attitude.

Gabe tells Eugenio that PJC called him while he was in the shower. Is it about Carloca asks Eugenio. I don’t know replies Gabe. Eugenio tells him that it’s time to confront Carloca although it is not easy. I thought she had a good heart, but I was wrong.

A doctor comes to tell Camila and Emiliano that Romina will be alright. Emiliano wants to know when Romina can come home. The doctor tells them that Romina was stuck in the car and they had to pull her out. She is so shaken up that they had to give her sedatives. She will need professional help to overcome this trauma. Physically nothing is serious with her, but emotionally there is.

Romina is lying in bed and yells out “NO!”

German tries to call for Romina, but finds out she’s not home.

Romina says that she was really scared and doesn’t want to die. Camila says she will take care of everything. Let’s go home. Romina starts freaking out. She doesn’t want to get in a car. Camila says that is the only way to go home. Romina says and if I get stuck in a car again? Camila tries to reassure her that it won’t happen.

PJC visits German and says that Emiliano came to see him. He asked if Eugenio could help him out. German is shocked that Emiliano would try to help him out. PJC says he spoke with Eugenio who has agreed to help him out. He tells German to repent and start anew.

Orlando comes rushing in the hospital. When he received Emiliano’s text about what was going on he had to come. I think that Camila needs you now replies Emiliano. Of course. I realized that my place was with you and Camila replies Orlando. Where is she? Emiliano says in the room with Romina. How is she asks Orlando. Emiliano tells him about Romina being stuck in the car and the trauma she suffered.

Camila tells Romina that she needs professional help to deal with the trauma. Romina wants to know why all these bad things happen to her. Camila suggests if perhaps she wasn’t so impulsive these things wouldn’t happen to her. Leaving like you did wasn’t right. The police report says that you were playing with another car and going to fast. You wanted to leave me and the baby and look what happened to you. But you’re alive. Romina asks for a hug. A psychiatrist comes in wanting to visit with Romina.

Eugenio visits German and says that he doesn’t want to preach, but it was obvious what he was doing. German says he has repented. Eugenio says really?

Orlando takes Camila and Emiliano to the cafeteria. She tells Emiliano that he doesn’t have to stay. Romina will not be leaving until tomorrow. Emiliano wants to at least talk to her before he leaves. Orlando says thank god she is willing to get help and that she is alive. The car was totaled. Camila agrees and says that the psychiatrist is talking to her. She will be by her daughter’s side to help her. Camila thanks Emiliano for coming with her and his support. Emiliano says no problem and leaves to see Romina. Camila tells Orlando that he doesn’t have to stay. He doesn’t have to worry about her. Orlando says he won’t leave her and that they can talk. But I see that this is not the right time. I agree replies Camila. This is not the right time, but we do need to talk.

German tells Eugenio that he is ready to testify against Carloca and Rojas. You realize that will not set you free replies Eugenio. Yes replies German. Do you realize of the consequences asks Eugenio. Yes replies German. You are going to have to pay your debts says Eugenio. Yes, I know replies German. I never thought that I would be in this situation. But PJC and Emiliano believe in me. And I can no longer go on like this. Do you believe in yourself asks Eugenio. You have spent your life seeking approval from others. After money and a better social status. Do you believe in yourself? Yes answers German. Do you yells Eugenio? Yes! replies German. I was wrong. I now have nothing. I am no longer an attorney. The woman I love does not want me. My son does not deserve a father like me. Eugenio says that a man does not measure himself by how many times he falls, but the times that he gets up. But if depends on you. You have to convince yourself. I am replies German. Okay let’s look at your case says Eugenio.

Orlando asks for another chance. Camila tells him that it ain’t going to happen. So you want a divorce asks Orlando. Yes replies Camila. Okay then says Orlando. It hurts me to my soul, but I will give you your freedom.

Emiliano goes to see Romina and brings her a single rose. He asks how she is feeling. Romina says better. I talked to the physiatrist and she gave me medication to help me calm down. Even when I am asleep I am scared. Emiliano tells her it’s all okay. She is alive and well. He kisses her on the cheek and says good-bye.

Rafa asks Joel if there is any news. Rafa says nothing yet. Luz is so worried. Joel asks if he has heard about Romina. That she was involved in a horrific car accident. Rafa says so that is why Emiliano went to Mexico. He calls Camila and asks if Romina is okay. Camila says she is doing better. They are giving her medicine so that she can get into a car. Rafa asks how she is doing? Fine replies Camila. Rafa tells her that if she needs anything all she has to do is call him. I’m fine replies Camila. Take care of your girlfriend. Luz comes rushing in and says there was a sighting.

Eugenio goes home and asks Gabe if he realizes that his wedding is in a couple of days. Do you need any help? No everything is under control replies Gabe. PJC will marry us and we will have a little party. Eugenio says who would have thought that coming here we would both have fallen in love with 2 women from the same family. To bad that your story did not have a happy ending says Gabe. Well I’m glad that yours will be replies Eugenio.

Romina tells Camila she doesn’t know if she can get into the car for the ride home. Camila tells her that the medicine the doctor gave her will make her sleep all the way home. I’m sleepy, but I’m also so scared replies Romina. Camila says the best way to defeat fear is to confront it. Romina tells Camila that she has been really bad. Do you think what happened to me was a punishment? You have made bad decisions, but your not bad replies Camila. I have seen you suffer so much. I don’t know why this happen to you, but what I know is that you are getting another chance. And only you know what you’re going to do with it. Romina asks Camila to show her how to be good.

German says a second chance. If life gives me the opportunity, I will fight for both of them. Romina, I hope that there is a future between the two of us.

Madeliene, PJC and Rufi talk about Carloca. Madeliene says Carloca deserves jail. Rufi agrees, but it hurts her. Carloca must be sick in the head to have done so many bad things. PJC says she not sick in the head, but in her soul. And has been for many years. Madeleine agrees with PJC and says she does not want her granddaughter anywhere near Carloca. So that is why she is going to ask Gabe and Paloma to go to Paris and live at her house. Are you going with them asks Rufi. I would love to replies Madeleine. But no. I don’t want to live with newlyweds. PJC says Gabe wants to travel the world with Paloma and having a house in Paris will benefit them.

Anamar asks Emiliano what he is going to do with the baby? He tells her that he’s still getting divorced, but will not fight for the baby. If Romina doesn’t take care of the baby then he will see what he can do. Anamar asks if he thinks that Romina will now have maternal instincts now that she had the accident? I don’t know replies Emiliano. She has enough stress now after the accident. I am not going to give her anymore. Anamar says that people don’t change. Emiliano disagrees. Romina did bad things because she was not happy with herself. She made bad choices, but is not a bad person. I think deep down is a pretty decent person.

The doctor is giving Carloca more stimulation tests on her legs. I don’t feel anything says Carloca. The doctor says your case is very strange. Tests/scans taken show nothing is wrong internally. It could be that you have a lot of swelling and when that goes down you will have movement. Carloca wants to know how much longer she will be at the hospital before she has to go to jail. The max another week replies the doctor. Carloca asks the doctor to do everything he can to get her better. I don’t want to leave until it’s done. I have money. I can pay you very well. The doctor says it’s not about money. I will do what I can. Eugenio walks in and says you think you have money? Carloca reminds Eugenio that she has been the administrator of Paloma’s money and has made a lot of money. Eugenio says let me tell you some bad news. Paloma will get her inheritance and any investments you made have been confiscated. (I think that is what he said. I have never heard that word and have no idea how to spell it to look it up. Help me with this please) What asks Carloca.

Orlando tells Emiliano that he is divorcing Camila. That is what she wants. Orlando says forced love never works out. I realize I should never have tried to pull her away from Rafa. So this is my punishment. I want her to be happy even if it’ not at my side. Emiliano says to bad all divorces are not this civilized. He asks Orlando what he is going to do about Houston. I’m going replies Orlando. I leave tomorrow.

Carloca says I have my own money. Eugenio says that money you made was Paloma’s inheritance money that you used. I am going to fight for my money says Carloca. It is mine! Eugenio reminds her that she doesn’t need money in prison. Money is always needed. Even in prison say Carloca. Eugenio shakes his head. You could have had everything. Not just money. I offered you my love. My help even if you were found guilty. But you didn’t care about that. What you wanted in exchange for all that was to much for me replies Carloca. It was too much because I was significant to you like you were to me replies Eugenio. You are going to end up alone. I think that you paid too much for the love of PJC that was not yours. He has never loved you.

Manana: Don’t know. Not many more episodes left. 3 more!!

Labels:


Comments:
Hooray, I'm the first commenter today!

Thank you for the recap Gloria. Thank you for the great work you've been doing helping people like me with this TN.

Whoever writes the script does not have children on their own. I can't believe little Xochi is still in that cart, and everyone else is just getting back to their business, instead of helping to find her. Carlotta gets more attention from all the town folks than that poor girl!
 

Can someone tag this for me please? I really have enjoyed this novela. It is one of my favorites. The acting from Arturo (PJC) and Carloca (Leticia Calderon) are superb. I also enjoyed the younger actors as well. Carloca just doesn't give up. She is facing jail time for her crimes and still thinks nothing is going to happen to her. I want to go home with my money and Paloma. She is so nuts. Don't forget Monday the cast will be on Cristina. I believe the guy who played Inaki will be there. Should be a good program. I miss Inaki. Anyway if anyone needs help with Sunday's recap just let me know.
 

Gloria, thanks for another great recap. So, still finishing up with Germy. Eugenio wouldn't throw Germs a bone before, now that he has hit bottom, he'll help out. Yesterday, I was thinking they would perhaps charge Germy with changing the will, but then remembered that the other guy, Rojas, changed that before Germy got on board. Glad they'll now go after Rojas as well.

Carloca is still trying. It just seems like she has to try and do something else, but only 4 hours left. She probably will come to her end, whatever it is, at the latest early in that last hour. So, less than 3 1/2 hours to do something. If she doesn't recover her legs, at the very least, we'll probably see her dragging herself along with here arms and snapping at everyone's ankles. :)

Traumatic for RoMEE, but no death, no disfiguration. I hope it makes her a better person, I guess it is supposed to do that. The way she is though, seems like a month at most and she'll be the same old RoMEE we know and love. But, I guess she will become good old Romina instead.
Not sure if it was a good idea for Emil to be there at the hospital. The way she is, she may take that to mean he has come back to her and they will be together.
 

Gloria, I think this was one of your best recaps ever. The redemption theme you echoed from the perfect title to finish was fantastic. Your in-depth recaps, particularly detailing the conversations is very helpful.

I was totally drawn in by both German and Romina last night. The actors performances were stellar -their anguish and heartbreak seemed real and believable. Gloria, I agree that Leticia Calderon's performance has been top notch, but Altair's portrayal of Romina has also been magnificent. Her wistful, tearful smile to Emiliano as he gave her the rose was heartbreaking. Jeff, I think at that moment, she was saying goodbye to him from her heart.

I was wondering - maybe, just maybe there is hope for both of them and perhaps, even together? There would be tremendous obstacles to overcome and of course, there is no way Romina could parent Bernardo at this point in time but I can't wait to see how this ends.

Maria, I also hoped the Xochi storyline was going to be cleared up last night. Let's hope that happens tonight and quickly. I think Luz is going to end up with Eugenio. No spoiler, just a hunch. What does everyone else think?

Diana
 

Looks like both Germs and Romena learned some hard lessons. German is ready to face his punishment which might not be too bad. His conversations with both PJC and Don E were touching. He seems ready to start over and atone for his errors in judgement. Lucky thing for him that the will changing took place before he took the job.

Romena and her panic is pretty realistic. Some people have to face death before they can get their heads screwed on and she is one of them. I thought it was a bit of a mistake for Emoon to show up with a flower in her room. It would have been enough to support Camila but why even give the obsessed Romena hope that there might still be a chance with him. I do hope she took his farewell as something permanent and can now focus on dealing with her psychological issues (it's about time),

So loved Don E telling Carloca that she had no money and reminding her that she threw away everything chasing after a man who never wanted her. She is of course still stark raving mad, wanting to get home to her money, Paloma and Cris in her bed. I'm willing to bet that tonight she gets feeling back in her legs and then watch out Real Del Monte because all hell is about to break loose again.

I noticed one thing in the conversation between Gabe and Don E when his father was so pleased things were going well with Gabe. He got a strange look on his face that made me think he feels he is not long for this world because he certainly didn't look happy.

Must say I was surprised that orly took Camila's divorce request so calmly and didn't try to force his opinion on her. Perhaps he too has learned a few lessons. Now get on the plane to Houston - adios. And while you are at it take Anamar with you. She certainly wasn't wasting any time telling Emoon that people like Romena never change. I guess people like her don't either.
 

So I arrived home last night after 8:00 to find that the cable had been out or something and this show was not recorded. AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRGH! I was quite disproportionately depressed about that but I feel much better now that I've read the detailed recap and I'm all caught up.

I'm glad Romina lived but can't believe she didn't have any injuries. Good thing she'll now get some headshrinking, though.

So Carloca really thought that any gains on Paloma's investments were hers to keep? I hope they not only take away the money, but sell the house and jewelry and antiques and give the proceeds to the local whorehouse or something just to spite Ms. High-and-Mighty-Morals.
 

The part where PJC goes back to the prison pulled at my heart strings. Maybe it was because the background music was his and Macarena's song.

~Caborita
 

Gloria thanks to all your time and efforts of giving us the ENDA recaps you are much appreciated. Also thanks to Maggie,Debbie and Julia too for all your recaps too.

Jeff i was thinking the same thing too about Emoon giving her the flower but maybe RoMeMe near death experience has been her wake up call to finally get the help she has always needed to deal with her being abandon by her father.

The first step for RoMeMe is dealing with her feelings concerning that once she can accept that it wasn't her fault or her mother's for Samuel leaving them. It will be the first step towards RoMeMe redeeming herself and becoming simply Romina again.

Perhaps she recapture the little girl we all fell in love with who helped out little Paloma when she was trying to run away.

Loved the scene between Eugenio and German and yes while Eugenio didn't give German a break when he finally came to him with the copies of the will. Remember when the trial was going on and German was replaced by Eugenio, he told him then to stop being ambitious and greedy and if he didn't it would be his downfall.

German who was so full of himself at that time did not take heed of the warning that Eugenio issued to him. I also love the reference that Eugenio told him about it's not about how many times we fall down but it's about how many times we get up.

I was channeling the Donnie McClurkin gospel song at that moment "We Fall Down".


Eugenio telling Carloca she didn't have any money and any money that she did have was confiscated Priceless.I've been saying this all along that Carloca never really had any money of her own.

Diana i always said that Eugenio would probably end up with Luz if you remember that one time they were having lunch and they were discussing their past with each other.I thought at the time the writers were hinting at a possible romance for those two again.
 

Julia the local whorehouse ROFL and i agree but all that she has the jewelry and the artifacts were probably bought with Paloma's inheritance. The only thing La Loca owns is the house that her father left to her. Part of that also belongs to Macarena and so half of that is Paloma's anyway.

Diana ITA with you on the actress who portrays Romina she has been bringing it from the get go.

I would like to say for this novela the best actresses and actors have from the start.

Leticia Calderon who should have been the headliner from the start as Carloca.

Arturo Peniche as PJC the man just knows how to act and doesn't overdue in any of his scenes.

Although he came late into the novela Cesar Evora just bought it every night as Eugenio his scenes with Gabriel and telling Paloma about his son's fatal illness left me emotionally drained.

Laura Flores i have liked her as a actress since Piel de Otono and even though she annoyed me on several occasion as Camila. I see her as a flawed single mother trying to do the best she could with a extremely over indulgent brat who later became a mini Carloca with her plots and schemes well done acting.


Victor Camara as the insensitive over grown frat boy Orlando come on don't we all know a Orlando who is always putting his foot in his mouth.

Alfredo Adama as a mature and wise Rafael i can't say if i have ever met any man as mature as Rafael is but one can hope that there are men like this character out there.

Olivia Bucio as Diana now this is a woman i have seen many times especially on the Jerry springer shows and all but Olivia definitely capture the essence of a never satisfied woman so good job.
 

David Ostroski as Dr.B he has just blended is as the kind an considerate Dr.B and i love how understated he played it.

Manuel Navarro as Alonso oh how we all hated him for cheating on Natalia but his scene with paloma asking her how she met his son and what there relationship was like. I needed a lot of tissues after that scene he just capture the moment of a grieving father not able to come to terms with the loss of his child.

Magda Guzman as Rufi loyal and trusted servant and keeper of all secrets she drove everyone mad with keeping her mouth shut. She had us all on feets cheering when she finally let Carloca know it's enough Ya Basta no more lies. Truly a "Dawg Pound" moment in this novela.

Yolanda Ventura as Angelica talk about a therapist needing her own therapist well here she is. Angelica was a good well intentioned friend but like i said the woman had her issues too.

These actors and actresses were good who played Monica,Meche,Inez,Ivonne,Luz and Padre's Benito and Mateo,Juancho Dario,Joel,Nestor and Rojas.

The actress who played Carmen also did a fine job her name is Lola Forner.

Also the Cris and Madeline reconcilation scene the actress who plays his mother Carmen Montejo did a excellent job.

The one actress who really disappointed me was the actress who played Natalia, Paty Diaz i just felt she didn't capture or knew how to act as Natalia just learning she lost her husband.
 

Thanks, Gloria, for yet another great recap.

Decie girl, I too noticed the look on Gabe's face when his father was going on about how well things were going for Gabe. Yup, it sure looks as if Paloma's going to wind up with Emoonie after all. Blecch!

I wasn't so surprised that Orlando gave in quickly to Camila's wanting a divorce. He had no leg to stand on when it came to fighting her, given his infidelity with Angelica.

BTW, I was struck with the resemblance of Carloca and RoMEEEna in the hospital scenes. Not that they resemble each other physically, but they were both in hospital beds in similar rooms wearing identical neck braces. Seemed quite fitting.

Like some others here, I'm very nervous about Carloca's plans, especially given the doctor's repeated statements about being able to find no physical cause to account for her paralysis. I don't think she's faking it, but I do think his statement opens up the definite possibility that she will recover her ability to walk (and not tell anyone), and thus be able to flee from the hospital.
 

Gloria, wonderful recap. Was not an "action packed" episode last night after a few fussin' and fightin' nights, but more people centric with a lot of emotions flowing for Germy and Romeme.

At first I was a little frustrated about the revolving door of people coming to the bars of Germy's cell to be just one more person to tell him "no way buster". But that final scene with Eugenio was the perfect end to all those rejections. I do think Germs will be okay, whether he and Romeme find their way to each other remains to be seen. They certainly would understand each other and help the other if they truly mean to mend their ways.

Romeme seems to have gone back to a point in her life when she could have acknowledged her mother's sacrifice and tried to be the better person. She had instead taken the selfish route, ruining lives, manipulating people. Now hopefully she sees that only brought her heartache, and all those people are giving her another chance (and I'm sure Pal will too). I think she too will be okay.

As for la Loca...oh my. Never going to get it. Hopeless in every aspect imaginable. Getting old off by the doctor was great, but watching her reaction to learning she has no money was just priceless. I love Eugenio, even in his moments of Purple adoration, I forgave him because Cesar is just so awesome. I had hope for the man and he is coming through.

I too agree that Gabe knows his days are numbered, his face and actions are becoming telling, and I think we are moving to his decision to let Pal go with Emi because they won't have the time together that he had hoped. Get out those kleenex boxes.
 

Now for the young actors as i stated before the best of the bunch hands down for me is Altair Jarabo as Romina this young actress has a very very bright future ahead of her and for me at least she was giving Leticia Calderon a run for her money as the best acted role in the whole of this novela.

Ferdinando Valencia as the conflicted ambitious German his portrayal of german trying to be good but kept making the wrong decision you could just see how he wanted to be good but his greed drove him to take the easy way out well acted.

Erick Elias as Gabriel we all like him because he's not Emoon but really enjoyed how mature he is about his imminent death and how he is teaching a trauma stricken Paloma how she has to accept death as a part of life.

Luis Hacha as Inaki what can you say about a role that was cut too short he made the most of his role as the engaging likable Inaki and we just wanted more of him.

Zoraida Gomez what can you say when several us wanted paloma to be replaced as the heroine by spunky Liliana only downside to her right now is being the new town gossip but still love the role.
 

Julia, ITA with your naming Sebastian Zurita as the most disappointing actor. Another actor probably could have made Emiliano more likeable. And ITA also with Anonymous's disappointment with the person who played Natalia. On the whole, though, I agree that the cast was first-rate. And thanks, Anonymous, for reminding me that Laura Flores starred in Piel de Otoño, a TN I very much enjoyed.
 

I forgot a older actresses who played her part very well Angelina Pelaez as Arcadia a true veteran character actress.

Also the role of Aron good acting by this actor as the obsessed Aron.

We could have done without the Eric role because i really didn't feel he was attractive enough or compete against German for the affections of Liliana.

Finally i saved the best for last or should i say the least Alison Lozz as Paloma sometimes she just didn't connect for me as the traumatized Paloma. Her scenes sometimes were overacted and her constant crying yes i know this is how her role was written but it was beyond annoying for me at times.

Her best scenes were RoMeMe when she first told her about being in love with Emoon and she knew about her and German. Her telling RoMeMe she wouldn't help her save her marriage to Emoon and her telling RoMeMe about her helping her aunt change the Dna results to trap Emoon.Her scene with PJC learning he was her father for real a very good tear jerker moment and her finding out about Gabriel's illness from Eugenio one of the best scenes in this novela.

Alison has a bright future ahead of her because she is the youngest of frontline stars of this show.

I know some of you loved her in Guapos i'm just going to chalk this role up to how it was written because like i said she can act but her performance was uneven most night's for me.
 

Thank you Gloria, for another excellent recap! You’ve been terrific and I’m bummed that you won’t be on the Pecado team. I know it’s a big commitment to be a recapper, so I totally understand, but I do hope you’ll fill in time to time. Another reason I wish you were on Pecado: Maite, much as I love her acting, talks too fast. You seen to have excellent comprehension and I’m sure you could follow what she’s saying.

Well, I hope you’ll watch and be a commenter…

Anon, thank you for your reflections on the actors and their performances. It got me thinking about the actress playing Madeleine. I thought she was wonderful and very appealing, but her part was one of those thankless one-note telenovela parts. I wish she’d had more to do. BTW, she’s in a wheelchair in real life.

As for the Emiliano actor, I’m still thinking he’d do better as a bad guy. He did well with his angry scenes, plus when his face is at rest, his lipline is naturally curled, perfect for an evil sneer.

All those visitors to German’s cell! They reminded me of the ghosts of Christmas past and present, only there were more of them. It’s a hoot that German said to check the date on the revised will. Apparently it does have a later date, but why on earth if you’re going to falsify something, don’t you falsify the date too?

Who’s going to run the plateria now that the Houston people have insisted that the CEO move to their town? I guess Emiliano has employment security now.

I’m betting Carlota already knows she’s going to walk again. She’s like one of those scary movie monsters where at the end parts are hacked off, but the monster keeps on coming.
 

I completely agree about Paloma. We know the actress has a much wider range from seeing her in roles like in Guapos, but she was pretty limited in this novela. Too much sobbing. In the rare moments where she gets to be happy or angry, she shines much more. If I never hear that gaspy crying again, it will be too soon.
 

Now for Emoon played by Sebastian Zurita so disappointed with this role i like how he was at the beginning recognizing his developing feelings for Paloma but willing to stand aside and let her be happy with Inaki.

For some reason the writing for this role went down hill after that, coupled with the actor i know as someone said this is his first role but it was too much from his over emoting of his scenes to his trying so hard to cry it was very painful to watch.

I know his parents are Humberto Zurita and Cristian Bach too but the young man needs more acting lessons.

Interesting fact that a young Sebastian Zurita and Zoraida Gomez acted together in Canaveral de Pasiones as children.

Also two young adorable actresses i hope we will see more of in the future Yanni as the young Paloma and Georgina Dominguez as the young dimpled Romina.
 

...and let us not forget Macarena.
 

Now for Emoon played by Sebastian Zurita so disappointed with this role i like how he was at the beginning recognizing his developing feelings for Paloma but willing to stand aside and let her be happy with Inaki.

For some reason the writing for this role went down hill after that, coupled with the actor i know as someone said this is his first role but it was too much from his over emoting of his scenes to his trying so hard to cry it was very painful to watch.

I know his parents are Humberto Zurita and Cristian Bach too but the young man needs more acting lessons.

Interesting fact that a young Sebastian Zurita and Zoraida Gomez acted together in Canaveral de Pasiones as children.

Also two young adorable actresses i hope we will see more of in the future Yanni as the young Paloma and Georgina Dominguez as the young dimpled Romina.
 

I did forget Macarena because it was so long ago i did love Victoria Ruffo as Mac but we could all see how she passed on her clueless gene to Paloma her best scene was when she confronted Carloca about her great to her and Cris loved that scene.She was just as annoying as Rufi with keeping the secrets but i did enjoy her role i don't understand why the producers just totally took her out of the opening credits epecially when we still see flashback of her. I wonder if they will bring that up on the next Cristina's show on Monday.

ITA with everyone else that La Loca will probably be up and about before this show is over by the hints the doctor is giving us.


I've been very happy tuning in every night watching the residents of Unreal Del Monte and enjoyed the writing of this novela.

My only critcism and this seems to be a standard of Univision novelas background noise and the music overpowering the conversation.

I really have enjoyed the music in this novela but sometimes i felt that they were trying to promote the music more than just let the novela stand alone by itself.

I get the feeling that they were trying to cater to a certain age group by blasting these songs but it wasn't necessary because this novela didn't need to be overpowered by it's background music.
 

And kudos for the gorgeous lighting and photography!
 

Definitely great lighting, sets, and photography. It all looks like a dreamy fairy tale.

I think one of main reasons I don't care for HQEDNS is that it is all so garishly lit and ordinary, everyday looking. I like a bit of a fantasy stylized element to my telenovelas.
 

Maggie, I read your comment and thought that it was a nice thing to say. I can understand Maite when she speaks because I grew up with my cousin Norma who spoke very fast. I really enjoy recapping, but hubby says I don't pay enough attention to him! :)Anyway I opted not to recap for the next novela, but ended up signing up for Corazon Salvaje part-time. I have been thinking about doing Pecado part-time on Wednesdays if any recappers are needed.
 

Thanks, Gloria, for this fine recap and for all the ones you've done right along.

Loved, loved, loved Eugenio telling Carlota her money had been seized. Maybe the word is embargar for seizing someone's bank accounts when they've commited a crime. At least that definition comes up as one of the possible ones in my Reverso online dictionary.

I'm sure La Loca's legs are going to come back for an escape and another murder attempt on someone. I predict Cris.

I said on Tuesday, I think, that I'd recap the two-hour final in the comments section and probably have it up Monday, perhaps even Sunday evening. I forget what time it runs; if it's too late, it will definitely be Monday. I've been extremely busy and didn't read the recaps or comments for Tues or Wed until just now. I didn't see anyone posting they wanted to share an hour of the final episode. That's OK. I can do the whole thing.

Did I correctly read that Anonymous can't watch Friday. Is that the same Anonymous who has been doing the Friday recaps in the comments? Does this mean we are without a Friday recapper?
 

Julia ITA with your POV and LOL at the gasping crying comment.

Juanita you're also correct about the first-rate casting except for maybe a couple of miscasting in certain roles Emoon,Natalia and EriC for me i don't really have alot of complaints about the overall casting to bad that this production crew can't work more than one novela huh?
 

You did read a Anon who said they always had problems watching the Friday episode i gave them a website to go too on that day they made that comment where the can watch the full length videos of this novela uninterrupted by it's not me who does the Friday night recap.

Debbie if you will be so kind for the final time i will ask you to post a comment section for the Fridays recap please and thank you for all of your help.
 

Debbie, could you also post a link for the Sunday final, please.
 

Novelera, you’re a champ to offer to do half of Sunday, and maybe all it if nobody signs on. (I’m going to be at an Oscar party, so I’ll be watching on tape later.) The recaps you have done as a fill-in person were spectacular, and I sure do wish you had the time to be a full-time recapper.

Gloria – it would be so cool if you could help on Wednesdays for Pecado.

I find the time commitment that is a bit hard to keep isn’t doing the recap one night a week, but making sure to see all the episodes so I know what is going on. I tape them and watch them after my husband goes to bed, but sometimes I’m awfully sleepy by them. Still, my goal in watching telenovelas is to learn Spanish, so I gotta stay tuned in.
 

Wonderful discussion on our cast of characters. I'll second the opinions on Sebastian that most have. I known the writing called for him to be overwrought and depressed at losing his love, but too many time his face just didnt register the angst he should have felt. You can see the difference watching Erick E. My favorite actors in TV or film are those who can "speak" without the spoken word. Their eyes, their expression can say everything and that alone can rip the watcher apart. i don't think Sebastian is there yet.

As for Alison, such a young girl to play this part I think was asking a lot. you see actresses in their 20's often playing characters younger and it works (think the TV show Glee)and this may have been a role where that may have worked better. There is an understanding of pain and anguish that is hard to pull from inside for one so young. I agree when she had to cry or show deep emotion, somehow I didn't feel it translate out. But she has talent and with experience she should be very good. At her age, I think something less full of such darkness would suit her much better.
My favorites: Erick, Cesar, Altaire and Letitia, but this was all in all a wonderful cast.
 

I am really loving all the comments today. Great analysis of the actors, which I totally agree with. I also love that they are giving us a true wrap up and closure with these characters. I loved Sortilegio, but felt that the final week was too rushed and could have use the treatment they are giving the final week of ENDA. Well done writers and editors. Can't wait to see what's to come in the next 4 hours of the show!
 

I was fearing the worst when Romina was trapped inside the flaming car. Gasoline was dripping down. I am glad she survived the car wreck with minor physical injuries. I was worried she might be disfigured.

Now that she has a new lease on life, I expect her to make better decisions and to stop scheming. I don't expect her to be Santa Romina all of a sudden but at least she can get her life back in order. German has to do his time. I don't care if it is 6 years or 15 years. He can worry about hooking with Romina AFTER his sentence not before.

We need to see liliana again. She has been absent lately. Anamar is good eye candy but she needs to go home where she came from.

Camila has been through a lot. She is the unsunbg hero because she had to put up with Samuel's BS and the dueling daddy's Orlando and Rafael. Now she has to take care of Roina and Bernardo. Mother and son plus run her small business. She need some happiness.



Ibarramedia
 

Daisynjay i love your analysis of Alison Lozz and ITA with you i think what for me set apart Carloca and RoMeMe is not just them being villains of this novela but you could see the glimpses of humanity in each of them.

What made Altair and Leticia portrayals of each and made them even more frightening is the mental aspect for each of their character there is just no reasoning with a unstable mental person. Trust me me i have had this experience myself in my life.

There was no cartoonish feeling for me about either of them like i felt when i watched Bruno being acted in Sortilegio.

Some people don't realized how frightening it is to deal with someone like a Romina or Carlota so for me both of these two actresses deserve a Premio Novela award for their acting in ENDA.

Arturo Peniche someone said about five months ago the man just does not overact his part and whether when he was drunk or a priest feeling abandon by his peers and the church you felt his anguish.Sebastian Zurita i hope took a lot of notes from him.

Cesar Evora just brought a bigger than life presence to his role once it got meatier that was so easy to fall in love with. You could tell that the actor loved playing this role too.

Daisynjay i also agree with you when you say when a actor can convey by a look or inflection in their voice of speaking certain words and the audience gets what they are feeling and are trying to say to us that is what i consider outstanding acting.
 

I don't think Germán's sentence is going to be too stiff. Six years or 15 years seems harsh to me.

It was Rojas who committed the fraud about the will. Sure, Germy should have blown the whistle when he found out, but that's not up to the level of actually going to Mexico City to arrange Carlota's suborning a judge. He took money to show the copy of the original will to Alonso. Not ethically great, but not fraud either.

Of course we all know he tried to "throw" the defense in Cris and Natalia's trial. But whoever's prosecuting him doesn't know about that.

The crime he did commit was being the bag man in helping some other guy to bribe a judge. I was never clear if that other guy was the prosecution or the defense. I don't think you'd get 15 years for that in the US. And doubt 6 also.

Plus,Eugenio said he'd help him. And we've already seen that Eugenio is one of the most respected lawyers in the República. His casework is cited in all the law schools, and he is on an "embrace him at sight" basis with at least the judge in Cris and Natalia's trial. He probably has the same relationship with others.
 

In the US fraud would be a civil case not a criminal one. Most of us learned of this when we followed MEPS. I researched it and posted it on the gran final part 6. Pretty lengthy stuff about the differences in Mexican vs US law. In Mexico, you are guilty until proven innocent. They are also in transition from the Napoleonic code to a US style law as seen in the Court room trial of Cristobal and Natalya. I know there are alot of holes there and such, but as I found out in MEPs, Mexican courtooms look like a small office with the holding cell on the side.
Jarocha and I discussed this in detail before.


Ibarramedia
 

I agree i don't think german will get 6 or most especially not 15 years for his crimes, whether he was bribing judges or not.

I believe when Eugenio was challenging he was asking German are you really ready to turn your life around or not.When he ask German to be straight with him before German was still lying and helping him out for revenge against Carloca because he lost his job.

Now German wants to help Eugenio to turn over a new life and be redeemed not only for himself but for his son.

I can definitely see Eugenio using his influence to get German a much lighter sentencing and maybe immunity but that might be stretching it for helping to convict Carloca.

Let's not forget Rojas and that crooked judge i think will both be disbarred for their actions of changing the will.

I wonder who is going to be Carloca's lawyer because Eugenio said he's going to prosecute her.
 

Carlota will have to settle with a public defender if they have it in Mexico. Someone will have to be her defense attorney and she cannot be choosy. The trial will have to go on. And not because they are worried about having a speedy trial.

Regadless of what happens, I think German's relationship with all his former friends including Romina have been irreparably damaged. Emiliano will step in as a father figure even if he is divorced from Romina. Camila,Romina and Emiliano will help raise Bernardo.

I don't think German has anybody left once he gets out. His folks are out of the picture. What will happen to Angelica, Luz,Monica and Yvonne?


Ibarramedia
 

I'm watching the Carloca laid up in the hospital bed with her neck brace on scene again yelling at Eugenio how that money is hers she is just too perfect in this role.
 

I don't really think Carlota will be tried. IMO she's going to break out of the hospital, try something outrageous, and die in the final episode. Absolutely not a spoiler. I have no idea what's going to happen.
 

Well i hope she is tried just to see Eugenio tear her apart on the witness stand.I also want all of the townspeople who thought Cris and Natalia were guilty will get to see who the real killer is.

I think she is trying to escape and maybe will succeed i just want a good satisfying payoff for her ending. I don't want a ending like on Sortilegio.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder