Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Gancho Wed March 31- You oughtta be in pictures...only not that kind!!!

Ok so we open with the damn pictures. Grrr, evil Mami Vibora!!! Yeah, what is with Mona's funky 60's feel, well we can always tell the wedding isn't going to work if the dress is out of character...this one defintiely was, though I do like it.

So then we go to said wedding not happening and Pau and Tano are making goo goo eyes sort of, Pau apologizes for that Beso and says she knows he only wants to be friends but she was thinking maybe more was there, Tano says not so fast, friends is good but I haven't closed the door on more. Hmmm....Cris kvetches to Don Cesar in the background about her.

So now we go to the Loony bin where Loriloca is cleaning Aldo's elbow and attempts to practice singing opera and manages to scare off Oski and Jero, she doesn't look bad in jeans but then sorry ass Sal makes a moan. Aldo takes that as a sign and ushers Lore to go find the nurse. Aldo rushes over to Sal. He asks Aldo about Mau and Estre and if it's true. He assures Aldo there must be an explanation.

Back at the wedding Ali is now chatting with Gabi about her situation, the little girls wonder where Mau is, and Ivan jokes about he and Lu doing that someday, but Tere quashes that for the moment. Estre and Mau chat about wishing Aldo was here. And the anvil drops as Mau tells how he's got that Vibora Issy under control and she can do nothing after today. Hrmph.

Sal continues his pep talk to Aldo, and promises his help if Aldo helps him, i.e. drop the drugs dude...now is the time to grow up and act like a man. Overcome your challenges and move forward, Sal needs to rely on Aldo...HELP SAL you strung out child.

Beautiful pics of everyone so lovely coming into the church....jeepers, here comes Mona walking by herself super fast...she throws the pics at Mau and Bodas Interruptus, again...commercial.

Ok, so Mau picks them up with no clue, looks at them, and doesn't say much while she screams at him. He tries to get in a word between her whines. He finally says this all was a trick, but her response is, this is over. She runs out with Estre in tow trying to convince her it's not true. Cries and complaining for the next few minutes...it's a lie, I don't believe you....so on, until Mau runs out and explains Issy took these to harm us.

Inside Xime and others all say no way did this happen...Nieves knows and screams this is the work of Isabel the Vibora, Ali bugs Issy, then Marc does too, but Issy stomps out defiant...and tells Mona not to listen to any of these folks. They all start asking her to think about it logically, someone took the photos and so forth. They all see it, but of course she wants Mami love so bad she's dumified and goes off with her Ma. Marcos tells everyone to calm down, it'll get sorted out and they will avenge Issy.

Beto and Coni discuss the non-Boda, him upset, her happy at the happenings. Coni says it's destiny. Beto knows it's Issy. They argue about this. He's sure nothing happened, she bets something did.

At the gym/reception site, Mau sits alone when Cesar walks up and offers his companionship. Cesar wants to confirm that nothing happened between Estre and him, Mau tells him how they woke up nekkid and that's all he knows, and he's sure Issy is behind this. He insists Issy will eventually fall into his trap and he goes to see his kids.

Mona bawls at home with Ma, how could her sister/bff do such a thing. Mama says maybe he's not the guy destined for you. Mama wants her to cheer up. Oh yeah, that'll work. Just tell her and it is so. Uh oh, the neurons start firing, and Mona wonders if Ma really did take the photos. Hmmm, ok, well, when Issy sees she's cornered, she admits she took them.

Over at Xime's the Estre consolation party is going on. She swears she wouldn't do this to her best friend, but one by one the other girls remember all the guys that Estre kind of turned her direction who were others' beaus. Whoops.

Ma now explains how it came about that she took the photos; she didn't want to wake Mona about the discovery, so took the photos. The neurons are still firing and Val asks then why did she stay so quiet and let her go through with the wedding prep and all. She says she wanted to spare her the pain of seeing the photos, she continues that Mau and Estre don't deserve her love and friendship.

Gabi suggests Estre has a sex addiction and needs therapy. Estre knows nothing happened. Xime says well you have to convince Mona and that will be hard. Whoops.

Coni has apparently been walking around chained to Beto for a while and wants to go home now and be uncuffed. She's even sick of his smell. She then quickly changes her tune and wants some lovin' here, now, in the park.

Tere and Mau are now hashing over the non-Boda happening. Lu comes down and assures her Pa he's great and all will be ok. Mau feels better and is happy to have them with him.

Back at the park, Coni wants to play a game with Beto. His clothes are thrown over the bush; she begs him to follow her, he does and she leaves him handcuffed to the park bench. Not really a fair game, eh?

Nieves' and Marcos' turn to rehash everything, he is happy to see her smiling, and explains this is why he fell in love with her. I must admit, Nieves looks gorgeous. She thanks Marcos for caring about her daughter Mona so much.

Mona goes to the gym and sees it all pretty and sad music plays hum di dum, she starts destroying all the tables and climbs into the ring, crying, to destroy more...yep, she loses it, and we get flashbacks to the Xochimilco fireworks. Well, at least we know she still loves him despite this, she makes this remark. Mau concurrently flashes back to Issy being a snot threatening to destroy their love.

Beto sees an adorable black and white dog and begs him to bring his pants to him. Of course the dog doesn't listen and runs off with the pants in the other direction.

Next, we go to Costeno giving Jacqui a very personal massage with a few bite kisses thrown in. I must say, the fact that he is shirtless is interesting, and very nice!!! Jacqui keeps chirping about Marcos and other silly crap.

Nieves is enjoying a walk with Marcos and is pleased that it is making her feel better. He is walking with her heart handbag, super cute. He throws more flattery her way, and she melts at his words until she notices her son handcuffed to the bench. Of course Marcos thinks the worst until Beto explains that Coni did this to him. Marcos laughs.

Estre looks for Mona at the gym. Mona wants nothing to do with her and tells her to leave because she is pregnant. Estre swears that she wouldn't do such a thing and that she is totally in love with her cachorro. There is nothing between her and the prince, Mona has to believe her!!

Will she???

Feliz Cesar Chavez day!!!!

Labels:


Comments:
Wow, Kris! Great recap and title! I LOL at "Loriloca cleaning Aldo's elbow", "HELP Sal, you strung out child", and "Bodas Interuptus". Really fine detail and word play today.

I was hopeful when, for just a few moments, Mona got a brain. It's a first step, I say.

So, Mau and Estrella do not remember Isabel sticking them with the fang??? Huh? Somehow I missed that before now.

Thanks again for your recap. I really enjoyed it.

EJ
 

Hi Vivi! We have been missing you. Following up on yesterday's post...I, too, loved Costeño and Jacqui. The massage was steamy. Marcos? Marcos who?

But I have to hand it to Marcos. He pulled off wearing Nieves' bag as though it was of the finest Cordovan leather and not a faux fur plushy heart with a long strap. That is one confident man. Plus, he is charming and very handsome.

Have those two actors worked together a lot in the past? They are so easy with one another and delightful together.
 

Good evening Kris, you posted super fast tonight, thanks! Here's another nod to your great title, so cute. Yes, you are a master at the word play.

I almost died laughing when I saw the scene of Marcos strolling along with Nieves' red heart purse around his neck. It's wonderful to see two seasoned professionals playing off each other. I have no idea if they have worked together in the past but I wouldn't be surprised. Nieves was lovely in those scenes. Heck, she's in love.

Did Beto really think he could handcuff Coni and get off without repercussions? Silly boy.

Thanks Kris! In answer to your question, most likely no she will not.
 

Hi, Sylvia:

Hope your sister has enjoyed her time in Sonoma. Is she just visiting? Does she need any restaurant recommendations? I am a food geek and would be happy to send some ideas her way if she does not already have a full itinerary.

Just let me know...

Best,

EJ
 

Count me in for those who loved the title and "bodus interuptus". Good one Kris.

I can see we were all charmed by the same scenes, Costeño giving a massage, punctuated delightfully with love bites, Marcos clutching that horror of a purse while Nieves glowed like a bride, and who can forget Beto's colorful boxer shorts?

I hate scenes where people destroy flowers and beautiful decorations...and couldn't stop thinking about Lalu's frantic, last-minute work to create something enchanting...and all for nought. Thought Moni's crying amidst the balloons was very touching. It was intense and seemed desperately real.

Another strong episode and a great recap for it. Thanks Kris.

Vivi...good to hear from you. I missed last evening's discussion until I read the comments this morning.
 

Elna June, by all means I would love to pass on your dining recommendations. They go there every year about this time because hotel rates are good. I do know that The Girl & the Fig is one of their favorite restaurants but I know she would love to hear your recommendations. Bring 'em on!
 

Arrived home just in time to see the midnight rerun...

I caught up on this week's recaps which were simply superb. Carlos and Judy, you are the masters! The only thing missing was that Hombre hasn't had an episode to recap in far too long. Your "voice" is truly missed...

Kris, what a wonderful, spirited recap. Thought the title was very clever - the perfect way to begin. I'm still smiling. EJ mentioned my favorite lines but also enjoyed "she's dumified". Your recap provided pure adrenaline and roused me from my sleep deprived stupor.

EJ, I agree. Marcos wore that purse like a badge of honor. The chemistry on this show is amazing.

Sylvia, Nieves was glowing. Her beaming smile even managed to make me forget her mismatched outfit!

Gabi and Cesar's colors were in sync. What's up with that? I have to say, I wasn't impressed with any of last night's fashions. Even Coni didn't look like her usual fashionista self.

Beto makes me laugh in just about every scene he's in. I mean, I knew the dog would run away with his pants but I laughed nevertheless.

Judy, Costeno is hawt, hawt, hawt. Jacqui certainly goes after what she wants. Good for her.

Low lights were Sal and Aldo, Moni's heartbroken tears, Hissy for not only breaking Moni up with her true love but her best friend. Lowest light: Hissy again (for simply existing).

Diana
 

Hi all! I left my last comment on the previous recap just as this one went up. It was fantastic Kris. These last two episodes flowed into each other perfectly. Judy, I too was touched by Moni's heartbreak amid the balloons in the ring. Will they continue this torture of Moni until the very end? How many episodes until the final?

I wanted more Jime/Rolu/Arny last night, but was more than satisfied with the hilarious scenes of Nieves and Marcos (yes, he wore that heart purse with style), Connie and Beto (very cute black and white puppy. Bad dog!), and Jackie and Costi (What can you say about those love bites? Shut up and just go with it woman!). :)
 

Diana, yes, low point was Sal and Aldo, however I was truly moved by Sal's "grow up and be a man" speech to Aldo. Clearly he cares for the kid and his unwavering faith in Mau was impressive. I think his caring, fatherly speech is just what Aldo needs. In the midst of Sal's current situation, basically a whirlpool of insanity, he has somehow emerged as one of last night's sanest voices. I believe that scene was actually my favorite and hopefully a turning point for Aldo.
 

Kris,
An absolutely top notch recap. One of the best ever. perfectly crafted to capture the mood of the episode, with yet another line I wish I'd thought of:

"...HELP SAL you strung out child."

Pity Sal who must depend on two highly unreliable allies, a drug-addled adolescent and a whacked-out lunatic. At least Nice Nurse Nancy is withholding his meds for the moment.

How can one not be charmed by Marcos? Self-assured, manly but tender, powerful yet gentle, and with a presence larger than life. He's flawed but lovable. I know that the consensus is Cesar for Nieves but Marcos was her first love and he seems genuinely smitten by her.

Costeño may have met his match with Jaqui. She's certainly lusty but very high-maintenance.

Is Moni beginning to see through Issy? I doubt it.

Carlos
 

Wonderful recap, Kris, thanks! I love all the references to Vibora Issy, your repeating theme of "whoops", Issy being a snot, the title, everything. Good job.

I'm happy that Sal seems to have gotten over the withdrawal from the drugs, so that when he stops acting like a zombie, he's pretty much back to his old self. He's right that Aldo, despite all his woes, has a chance to be a man, and make something of his life.

I wonder if the boxing match between Coni and Moni is still on. I guess so, although they haven't mentioned it much. At this point, Moni is angry at just about everyone in the neighborhood she'd be fighting to protect. And she has mixed feelings about fighting her half-sister, too. It's all so confusing. I can't remember whether Coni or Moni is the current owner of the vecindad. I know Sermeño Group bought it, but who can keep track of those shares anymore, with Marcos, Oscar, Jerry, Coni, Moni, Ximena, and Mauricio all having a hand in them. Anyone remember who has what percent?
 

Kris that was a wonderful recap, thank you!

I share with you the frustration with Aldo. I think he needs to react and help Salvador, poor guy.

I agree about the fashion at the wedding not being the best but to be fair they all had to find the right dress in just a couple of hours and Coni didn't even have chance to pick a good outfit to change since she was handcuffed to Beto right after she was surprised with the news.

I think Eric del Castillo and Ana Martin have worked together before but it's hard to figure out exactly when. I was looking them up and Eric has appeared in over 230 movies, 35 novelas and over 40 plays! They will be working together again in Yo Soy Tu Dueña. I think Del Castillo will play Fernando Colunga's father and Martin will be Lucero's nanny/housekeeper.

Hombre: I think Coni is still the owner of the 90% of Sermeño Group and Marcos has the 10% he bought from Ximena, who gave the money to Mau who has spent it in romantic gestures and improptu weddings.

Jarocha
 

Thanks guys, yeah I was a little hopeful when Mona said wait a second here..but we all know she won't grow up until the last episode, so something bad must happen before then...

Thanks for the comments..my favorite was Beto I think...imagine finding your son cufed to a park bench while you are randomly strolling about!
 

Kris, great recap. I love your quick snappy style and "bodus interruptus" is certainly a great phrase which I think I will co-opt when it inevitably comes in handy again and again in every telenovela.

I thought Marcos owned more than Ximena's shares because he also bought Jero's shares (Oscar somehow had the power to sell them). Did Mauricio give the vecindad to Valentina before the divorce? Did Coni then get it anyway because the transfer wasn't complete or legitimate if they were divorcing or something? Coni must own it if they're fighting over it, but I can't remember the details.
 

I think Mauricio was going to give the vecindad to Moni but he was caught on camera by Coni as the Fantasma Vengador with Moni and due the prenup he had signed with Coni then made him lose all to her. I can't remember exactly what happened to Jero's shares, he gave Oscar the power of attorney and he sold them to Marcos who I thought gave them to Coni but maybe he kept them so I guess that would maean: Marcos has 50% (Jero's 40% and Xime's 10%) while Coni 50% (Mau's 50%). That's why Mau needs Sal so much.

Jarocha
 

Help out thereI Sometimes I don't get this recap until hours late. I checked last night before bed & several times this am but as of noon there was no recap. Then just now (after 2 pm I found it with 14 hours worth of comments.

I have The Caray Caray website & the Gancho page bookmarked. That is how I access the recaps. Is there a better way?

Also -- how can I find out in advance about the schedule. I'll be away for the shows from 4/12 to 4/20. I don't have tivo or DVR so I have to set my VCR myself. A tape will just barely catch those episodes but if they double up or change the times I will miss some. What do you all reference to see in advance what the programming is?

Güera
 

Güera, tvguide.com and zap2it.com have programming listings. If you check there (as last-minute as is convenient) they should have the latest scheduling information. Of course, if Univision decides to change the schedule after that, you would miss out.
 

I have no explanation for why you couldn't access the recap earlier. That's how I get to it. Sometimes Blogger is glitchy, though, or you may have been seeing a cached page rather than the current page. Those are words people have said to me about stuff like this but actually I have no idea what I'm talking about.
 

Guera,

Sometimes I don't connect the link on the sidebar to delicious (a completely separate website that organizes the gancho posts) until well later after I've written the recap. Maybe that's why you aren't seeing it?

You should always be able to see anything that is currently posted on the blog by going to the Caray Caray home page and scrolling down through the posts. Depending on who has posted after me, mine may be at the top of the home page, or it may be lower on the page before the later novelas have posted for the day. If you are doing this and still don't see it, then I'm not sure what the problem is. That's what I can come up with based on what you said, anyway. Let me know how it goes for you.
 

I wish Mauricio would get Isabel on videocamera saying her nasty stuff, then arrange for Valentina to happen to see and hear it.

Why is Isabel even hanging around? I thought she wanted to be rid of them all. Is it really worth it to her to give up the glamorous posh lifestyle she had adopted and live in a tiny humble place just to be able to torment people?
 

Ya know, what Monita had last night was a tantrum that would make a four year old proud.

Thanks... I feel better now.
 

Güera...yes, probably you checked on the tag site and it wasn't tagged this morning when I checked so I just scrolled down the home page to find Kris' recap. But one day it was at an odd place on the page I remember and I just assumed it hadn't been posted yet. Missed out and finally found it late in the afternoon....with lots of comments. So it's confusing.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder