Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Corazon Salvaje: Monday April 12, 2010

Regina comes in and sees Aimee in her bridal attire. She comments on how beautiful Aimee is.

Juan is sailing as quickly as he can back to Veracruz.

Aimee comes down the stairs to her dad. You look beautiful he says. Aimee asks him to give her a blessing before heading to the church. He blesses her and asks her if she is happy. Of course replies Aimee. So am I responds Rodrigo. Now you must dedicate your life to your husband. You will be his wife until death separates you. Aimee recalls Juan on the ship asking her to allow him to talk to her dad about them marrying. She wonders how things would be if she had allowed Juan to do what he wanted. Would she feel the same way as she does now? Completely sad?

Juan asks Gabe to get the boat fixed while he goes and gets his woman.

Renato asks Leonarda and Noel for their blessing before heading to the church. They grant him his request. Clemencia comes in and Noel asks if she has a way to get to the church. No replies Clemencia. Noel invites her to join them in their buggy. Leonarda throws a fit. She will not allow a servant to ride with them. Noel has grown a set today and tells her he didn't ask for her permission.

Marlene tells Philippe that she's going to the wedding so that she can get a glimpse of her daughter. She knows Rosenda will be there today.

Santo and company flirting with local girls.

Remigio recalls Renato giving him an invitation for him to come to the wedding. He recalls Renato gushing about his intended bride. Thank god Juan left he says out loud. I don't know what would have happened if he found out.

Carriage is drawing up to the church with Aimee waving at the crowd like she just won the Miss America pageant. The crowd goes wild with happiness and little girls dressed up running around the carriage throwing flower petals all around. Aimee basking in all the attention.

More carriages drawing up to the church with various close friends and family.

Juan has brought the little guy with him. He asks him to knock on the door of the Montes de Oca house. No answer. So he has him run up to some ladies in the street and ask where the family is.

Renato rides up on a horse to the church. He spots Aimee and all in slow-mo gazes at her and smiles. Regina teary at the display. Hugs from Rodrigo, Leonarda and Noel. Dr. Pablo comes up.

Little guy tells Juan that the Montes de Oca are at the finca. Duh says Juan. Why didn’t I think of that? He tells little guy to go to the fisherman. He’s going to get Aimee.

Noel asks Regina if she’s okay. I’m fine replies Regina. He tells her that he understands she’s suffering and just wanted to let her know that he will be at her side today and always. I know and thank you says Regina.

Dr. Pablo gazes at Regina and recalls Rodrigo’s words to him about only being allowed in their home as a doctor. Dr. Pablo tips his hat to her and turns away. Renato turns around and looks at Regina. Regina looks at the priest who tells her with his hand to be strong. The priest welcomes everyone to the house of God. He invites them all in to start the ceremony. Marlene and Philippe run up.

Juan goes to see Remigio and says that he’s back because he cannot live without Aimee. He has come back for her. Remigio drops the invitation on the floor.

The wedding ceremony starts and the narrator comments on the pain that Regina is feeling watching Renato marry her sister.

Juan swears to Remigio that he has tried to take Aimee out of his head but can’t. That is why I came back and will do anything. I will talk to Renato. I will explain who I am and tell him the whole truth. I know that he will understand. Remigio tries to stop him from talking, but is having a hard time getting a word in edgewise. Juan keeps going on that he knows once Renato knows the truth he will give them his blessing. Finally Remigio says “Enough!” Everything that you just said will not happen. No one will understand or accept what you will say. What’s wrong asks Juan. Aimee and Renato are getting married.

The ceremony continues.

Juan reads the wedding invitation and can’t believe his Aimee is getting married. But I came back for her! She cannot marry another. How long have you known about this shouts Juan. Since you left replies Remigio. Juan says I have to stop the wedding. Remigio says it’s too late. At this moment she is probably already his wife. No! No! No! shouts Juan. You are lying!

The priest asks Renato if he accepts Aimee as his wife. To love her, respect her and to be faithful all the days of your life. Yes, I accept replies Renato. The priest asks Aimee the same question. Aimee glances at Renato who smiles then at her sister, Clemencia, her father then at the door and finally accepts. He pronounces them husband and wife. Narrator again comments on Regina’s feelings. She asks God to give her strength. Marlene asks God for forgiveness and says she never should have left her daughter. She asks for strength and that Rosenda will one day forgive her. Rosenda sees her and shakes her head. The priest tells Renato that he can kiss his bride.

Juan is riding hard to the church.

The married couple walks out to a crowd shouting congratulations. More kissing from the newlyweds. Flowers being thrown. Aimee and Renato get into the carriage and leave.

Jimena recalls Griselda’s words that a gentleman would never fall in love with a gypsy. She says to herself that her aunt is right. A love between her and Gabe will be impossible.

Marlene is back home crying with Philippe attending to her. She thanks him for his support. She knows Rosenda will never forgive her and she doesn’t blame her. Philippe says she has to find a way to get close to her. How asks Marlene. He tells her to confess to her who she really is. No, not that says Marlene. She will definitely reject me. (I’m confused. I thought Rosenda knew who she is?) Marlene says she will do anything to get close to her daughter.

Jimena is looking at a ladies palm on the beach. She stops and runs into the ocean.

Noel halts the carriage and remembers that Regina did not leave the church. Rodrigo says she probably stayed to pray. He’s not concerned. She will probably come home with Federico.

Regina is at the church praying and asks God not to abandon her. She is more alone then ever. She feels that all the lights have been turned off by force. She feels she has lost everything forever. She pleads for God to illuminate her. Call to me because I feel so alone.

Federico glares at Eloisa who giggles like an idiot. Fulgencio oblivious. The carriage hit’s a rut and he complains about his bones. He tells Eloisa that he doesn’t want to stay at the party to long. He has pending business tomorrow and is tired. Eloisa complains. I will not miss the party. I want to have fun. Fulgencio says please understand. Eloisa asks Federico for help. Sorry, but I do not get involved in married couples affairs replies Federico. (Just sleeps with them instead)

Regina says they left me. Alone. Clemencia says no. I am here accompanying you in your misery. I knew you would need me. Regina cries that she has lost him forever. Clemencia says be happy for your sister. Your right replies Regina. I should be happy that we have pulled her out of the arms of Juan del Diablo.

Juan riding hard to the church.

Jimena in the ocean running around and spots Gabe. She calls out to him and they run into each others arms. Jimena can’t believe that he has returned. She hugs him and calls him “Mi Amor”. He gets a strange look on his face when he hears her say that.

Juan walks into the church and realizes that they are married. He’s too late. He stands before God crying and says I am here in front of you. I have asked for nothing. You have yanked out the love out of my heart. I give you back my heart. He falls to his knees crying.

Manana: Gabe tells Jimena to tell Estrella that he loves her; Juan goes looking for Renato at the finca

Labels:


Comments:
Nice job, Gloria! I don't think I've seen you recap before (at least not the 9-10 p.m. shows, which is all I tune in for) & you certainly pared last night's episode down to the essentials. Kudos!

The one word that kept springing to my mind last night was "frippery." [To quote the OED: finery in dress, especially tawdry finery or tawdry ornamentation in general] What an awful collection of excess on las hermanas. I was rather impressed that Aimee was able to kneel down before Rod in that get-up. Gak!

Loved the cheesy sailing scenes. Mainsails billowing every which way, shirtless Juan straining at the wheel, an occasional toss of a bucket of water for some sort of oceanic special effects...oy!

Time/space continuum disconnect: our stalwart heros can sail 1/2 way 'round the world in about an hour but I-Juan-Cave-Love can't get to the church on time?

Curls is just too cute. Love that little guy.

C'mon, Gabe & Jimena! We're all pulling for you two whacky kids to set aside this silly Estrella nonsense & get together.

[beanie adjustment]
OK, now it all makes sense. Adios, gang!

Maggarita
:-}
 

Thanks for the recap Gloria. I have to admit I had to FF a couple of times. How many times do we need to see Regina praying? FF>>

Observations:
Why was Curly the only one getting wet?

Why are Renato's sideburns not the same color as his hair? Frightening!

I loved the dress but what would Aimee do if she had to pee?
 

Thank you for the recap, Gloria; I enjoyed it! I was also pleased that Noel had grown a set in that scene with Clemencia and the carriage. LOL

Leonarda doesn't respect her husband for standing up to his wife, and that same advice Leonarda gave to Renato doesn't have much chance either.

Hummingbird is a cute kid and a good actor. Televisa has found some good child stars over the years. He acted very natural shipboard when the effects guys were spraying him with water.

Dr. Pablo was a truly pathetic figure at the church; I guess he's given up on Regina. And she hardly noticed him. I thought for sure Juan was going to come upon Regina alone in the church after the wedding. Oh, well.

Poor Jimena. Gabe's glad to see her, but not quite as glad as he would be to see Estrella. And he's nonplussed at her reaction. Don't pay any attention to your mean auntie; tell him.

Nice that Marlene had the guts to go to the church; she knows that everybody is welcome there -- unlike Rodrigo, who ticked Juan off and almost got himself killed for saying otherwise.

Eloísa was not too happy with Federico for taking Fulgencio's part during the carriage ride. She'd better realize that interest lies more on her side than his. Federico will go along when convenient; but he's just not that into her, IMO.

Interesting parallel there at the church between Regina and Juan. She's stays behind alone and agonizes at the front of the church, and then later he does the same -- she for the groom and he for the bride. We need to fix these two up.

I really like Aracely and the job she's doing making the twins so different. In fact, I noticed last night that Aimee reminds me not of Regina, but of another actress, Angélica Aragón.

Connie, both my brother and my dad had auburn beards, but brown hair. I think sideburns qualify as part of the beard...
 

Gracias Gloria, thanks for a terrific recap. I loved the way they built up the drama of Aimee's reluctance to say "Acepto". I think this lady is one fine actress (for this genre, anyway).

Nice word there Maggarita: frippery. That say's it all. What a dress! Although don;t forget, those girls were trained from childhood to curtsey without losing their balance.
And Jeri, I love Hummingbird too. His curls seem a bit longer than earlier in the show, and when he smiled wide last night, I noticed that he may have a few trips to the orthodontist in his future. But what a smile. Put him in the same shot as EY, smiling together, and watch out.
 

Thanks for the recap Gloria! This episode really pulled me in. I felt terrible for Regina and Juan too.

Poor Renato has no idea what he's just gotten into. If he thought his madre was bad, wait till Aimee goes nuclear. I think its hysterical when the wedding scene has the bride or groom looking around and stalling before taking their vows. No one ever seems to notice the delay.

Was Leonarda's dress black?? Isn't that bad luck to wear black to a wedding?? I love Noel! What a sweet guy for comforting Regina. I'm sure he'd prefer her to Aimee as a daughter-in-law.

Feddy had a new 'do'. No improvement there... I wish someone would take a pair of scissors to him. What a fop.
 

Did anyone else have problems with the TV. I was not able to see it from the time Aimee and Renato went into the church. The screen was frozen and just stayed there. I watch Univision at 9:00 channel 16 Comcast.
 

Thanks, Gloria. Xintperuvian, I agree about Fed's new hairdo for the boda. I thought that he couldn't look any foppier......but I was wrong. I, too, thought that Juan was going to see Reggie crying in the chapel. These novelas always revolve around unrequited love...he loves her, but she loves him...but he loves her...and so on. Instead of a love triangle, there always seems to be more of a love square. I loved watching Juan striding into the church in those black pants and the red poet's shirt...nice. I'd light a candle for him. As for the wedding gown, it reminded me of one of the bridal gowns in one of my favorite movies [Four Weddings and a Funeral] . One bride wore a gown that was described as a ''meringue.'' Aimee's gown seemed reminiscent of Reggie's habit....but made of chiffon. Jeri~~Thanks for the info about Rose of Sharon. The photo is beautiful. Is that yours ? I'm going to look for one at the nursery after Mother's Day. [We always wait until Mother's Day to plant anything here.] I love flowers and trees [I have woods on 3 sides], but I am a lazy gardener , so I love anything hardy that shows up every year and requires no attention...my forsythia, hostas, sedum, hens and chicks, daffodils, iris, lilies, hyacinth. I planted creeping myrtle last year , and it seems to have survived. I want to plant blackeyed Susans [since that is my name].
 

Excellent recap, Gloria!

I also was looking at Renato's sideburns, and I think they're pasted on, as opposed to Rodrigo's. Some guys can't grow beards or sideburns as well as others. Could be wrong, though.

I think Filipe was advising Marlene to tell "everybody" (really just Rodrigo, Leonarda, and maybe Clemencia) the truth. Even though Rosenda already knows who she is, Rosenda's anger is not just that she left, but that she's a phony. So if she admits she's really Magda, Rosenda's Mom, maybe Rosenda would soften a bit. I could be reading too much into this, though.

Can't wait for the confrontation between Juan and Renato, I guess at the wedding reception.
 

Gloria, thank you for your terrific recap. I struggle to understand many of the conversations so really appreciate your noting what was said.

The dashing of hopes and misgivings abounded. Aimee realizing she's made a mistake, Renato soon to realize his. Juan and Regina in torment.

Maggarita, I loved that "I-Juan-Cave-Love can't get to the church on time".

Agnes, I also enjoyed the build up "of Aimee's reluctance to say "Acepto". In spite of wanting Juan to be with Regina, I kind of hoped he would burst into the church to stop the ill fated marriage. As you noted Mad Bess, he was quite the sight for sore eyes when he finally did arrive. Sigh...

Diana
 

I kind of expected Juan to at least genuflect and cross himself before entering the church. It would have made the shift from "de Dios" to "Diablo" more dramatic. Loved the red puffy shirt with all that weird leather.

And I agree about Reno's sideburns, they do look pasted onto his cheeks. He's doing a good job of playing the love-struck puppy dog.

Anyone laying odds on a mother-daughter reconciliation between Rosenda and Marlene? R. has a lot of juicy dirty dealings to do before this is over (I surmise), and she may not come out smelling like a rose. But it would be a perfect feel-good moment at the end of the show if those two could patch things up. Nice mantilla and comb on Marlene.
 

Thanks, Gloria! You did a fabulous job. :)
 

I was wondering how Marlene kept that thing on her head. It looked really uncomfortable.
 

Lady Xoc, I was thinking the same thing about Hummingbird's orthodontics! Yes, two guys with million-watt smiles in the same scene.

mad bess, about the love rectangle -- what I've noticed also is the parallel with the parents. Both sisters in both generations love a man but are loved by another man. And Renato and his father also parallel -- they both loved madly and unwisely. So far, only the doctor loves Regina; but according to the last scenes in the credits, she will have another.

Hombre de Misterio, good observation about Rosenda and Magda. Marlene wants a reconciliation so badly, something will probably have to be done to satisfy the viewers. Rosenda hasn't really done anything bad yet; but who could blame her if she did: the first time we ever saw Rosenda, Magda was teaching her to steal from the boss.

OT mad bess, that's our rose of sharon in the picture. I am no kind of gardener, and it has to be a good plant to keep on like it does. I only have workhorse plants really. I remember in a Chicago gardening book, the author was saying how he saw a rose of sharon in a tiny lot somewhere, where kids were riding around it on their bikes and it probably never got watered -- but it was soldiering bravely on and blooming. One thing I especially like is that they bloom into September, unlike many other plants. It gets a late start, and sometimes I wonder if the leaves are ever going to come out; but they always do. Remind me -- what's your location and your zone? The rule of thumb around here is Mother's Day, too. Disregard at your pocketbook's peril.
 

Thank you Gloria for the excellent and detailed recap.

Jody :)
 

Thank you, Gloria. What an fine recap of a pivotal episode.

Well, Aimee is married now. I have got to wonder what will happen on the honeymoon? Haven't we speculated that she is already pregnant with Juan's child? She is an accomplished liar, do we think she can fake simpering virginity? I say, good luck with that Aimee.

Maggarita, your comments on the cheesy sailing scenes cracked me up.

Iron elna O' Velvet
 

I say he will do a better job of being a simpering virgin than Aimee will! 8(:>)
 

Jeri~~~I am in northeast PA. Now, I'm anxious to go to the nursery to check out the Rose of Sharon. Also, I am anxious to see tonight's episode . The previews indicated a confrontation between Juan and Renato. Will there be a noche de boda , and will Renato have enough experience to realize that he was not the first on that scene ? I guess Renato's skilz may seem lacking to Aimee who has developed a taste for cave love. Que lastima. As to Renato's sideburns, my dad used to grow a beard when he went hunting. He had dark brown hair, but his beard was a reddish brown.
 

They just looked weird. I guess I noticed them because he had is hair pulled back.
 

Connie, I thought they looked fake.
 

Connie, he-he on the simpering virgin. And mad bess on the cave luv. It's so weird that CdlF would be cast in a role of a milquetoast! I can't quite wrap my brain around it. He's going to have to convince me.

I think I'll go get the DVD I made of last night's ep and see if I can get a good picture of EY in the church.

In the meantime, here is one from Destilando Amor. It's from the reunion scene in Gaviota's office.
 

Jeri: thanks, lovely picture.

I have nice high quality photos from the wedding, downloaded them from the official site. I'll upload them tomorrow.

Btw, the show ends this week in Mexico.
 

Thanks, Jeri. What a cutie. I guess Fed did not get the memo that Renato and Old Rod received about wearing a ponytail to the boda.
 

I'd've told Leo that if she didn't like a servant riding with them, she could walk to the church. (Then again, she might just have exploded, and I suppose the last thing you want on your wedding day is mom-gobbets all over your nice white gown...)

The Madame looks more like she's going to a funeral than a wedding. Shouldn't Regina be in that get-up? (Or, heck, Aimee. -snicker-)

And would you look at the train on Aimee's gown? And little girls to carry it! Who did she wind around her little finger to become princess of Veracruz?

It was a gorgeous wedding, though. Princess dress, tiara, flowered carriage, gentlemen (and savages) on horses... Sigh.

On the flip side of our Wedding Fashion Review, Federico's hair was...interesting...today. I almost didn't recognize him at first. Channeling Legolas much there? And Regina's pink lace gloves - ugh! White would have been alright, but pink? (Or peach, or whatever that was. I was too busy cringing to get out the crayon box and check.)

I'm still expecting Juan to run into Regina in or around the church. Commiserating about each losing their love to the love of the other sure would be a good way for them to get to know each other, wouldn't it?

I think Marlene possibly doesn't realize that Rosenda's aware of her true identity - she stopped to talk to Ro once, and Ro said some pretty nasty things about her mom without letting on that she knew said mom was standing right there in front of her. I always felt like it was pointed cruelty-without-acknowledgement than any sort of ignorance. (And frankly, after not only seeing this nonsense with Gabe and Jimena firsthand, but being involved with it, Madame Marlene should know better than to try and pull it herself!)

Speaking of which: Attn Gabriel: You have a soaking-wet gypsy girl in your arms. Quit whinging about Estrella and take what the good lord gave you. It's obvious he's paying far more attention to you than he is Regina or Juan. (Then again, if I got simpered at as often as those two are doing, I'd put my earplugs in, too.)

We leave you now with another episode of the Montes de Oca Family Unvariety Show!

Noel: "Crap! I left the Santa Regina on!"
Rod: "It's okay. Federico will turn her off."
 

Also, because it didn't fit with the snark: I agree that Aracely is doing a fantastic job with the twins. If I hadn't known it was a dual role, I really wouldn't have been convinced they were the same person. One of the first things I noticed, in fact, was how vapid Regina looks in the opening credits and the commercial segues, and I thought then, "Well, if she can make one of them come off so hot and the other so full of air in her head, she must have some talent."
 

"Channeling Legolas much there?"

:-DDDD
I'm afraid the whole district heard my laughter.
 

I started a CS screen cap album. Here's a few, including Juan in the red shirt at church. I'll probably repost tomorrow, since I got to it so late this afternoon.

cs 001

cs 002

cs 003

cs 004

cs 005

cs 006

cs 007


Corazón Salvaje Album
 

I see I wasn't the only one appreciating Juan's more civilized nonTarzan of the Seas look. He did look fine in that red blousey but not too blousey shirt and the brownish pants with that complicated looking tan belt. He looks handsome in that ponytail which I am preferring rather than his usual shorter hair.

Gloria, I enjoyed your ENDA recaps and am enjoying your CS ones as well. I had an unexpected visitor so I missed at least a third so thanks for filling in on what I sadly missed.

GinCA
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder