Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Dinero 4-27: Whoah!

Ale defends Rafa's position as top salesman; she makes Marino clean the horns and moustache off the framed photo of Medina and put it back on the wall. She is crying a little.

Marco feels murderous as he uncovers Ale's hotel prevarications: he calls the fleabag love hotel and tricks the front desk man into admitting there was no single guy staying there ("Why would a single person stay at a hotel 'de pajaritos'?") Marco has the first of several splendid temper tantrums and, can it be, he throws his cellphone! Hurrah! He gets the last hotel to send him a fax saying that no pocketbook was found in the room of Rafael Medina and his wife Alejandra ... proof! He call Chavez and says he wants to kill Medina. Chavez recommends again that he hold his fire until after he's married and come into his fortune!

Ale accepts the resignation letter ghost-written by Susana for Rafa - without reading it - and says, you and I go to the beauty parlor tomorrow. Susana tries to get Ale to admit she doesn't love Marco and doesn't want to get married.

Rafa and his co-workers make very somber goodbyes. The general: you mustn't become an arrogant bourgeouis. Ramirez: you were an excellent student. Marino: It wasn't a pleasure to know you.

Ale picks up Rafa for their last meeting with Refri, and the salesforce plans to go celebrate her anticipated wedding-related absence.

Dandy goes to pick up Susana - she says, let's leave in a few minutes when nobody will see us.

Ale coaches Rafa: "This is just a normal business meeting, we will get out as soon as possible, 10-15 minutes tops, no hand-holding or embracing." He reminds her about their embraces and kisses. "Can I say 'my love'?" Rafa asks. "OK, but not gordita." They are so tender together. She would have let him drive her to the meeting, but he says because he had a couple drinks saying goodbye to the team, she should probably drive.

They arrive at the lovely restaurant where the Refri guys and wives are very happy to see them. The contract is quickly signed, there is a champagne toast, and the Refris have ordered dinner so Ale says they can stay till after the food.

Meanwhile, Marco has stomped off to the wrong restaurant, the one to which he was misdirected by Susana. He calls Ale and she claims she's at the very restaurant where he is currently standing. (At the same time but on a separate line, VVV is yelling at Rafa, who promises her he'll be home early.)

When these awkward calls end and they are heading back to the dining room, Ale reassures Rafa they're safe - Marco respects her work and would never interrupt business.

The romantic vibe our sweet pair gives off makes those Refris just melt. They get the restaurant to pipe "Amarte a la Antigua" through the sound system, and there is a slow dance for all. Ale and Rafa dance so close. But...

... Marco bursts in the restaurant, runs up the stairs, and makes a huge scene. How did he find them? He called Claudia, she called Dandy (who was doing OMM meditation with Susana at her apartment), Dandy told Claudia, and Claudia told Marco ...

Marco grabs Ali, shouts, spills the beans to everybody at full decibel level. Refri boss is incensed. Ale, pushed to her limit, shouts she had to make up this lie because one of the Refri guys was putting the moves on her. This causes all the wives to start hitting their husbands while Rafa and Marco try to hit each other. Very entertaining.

The boss tears up the recently signed contracts and all the Refris leave shouting. Ale sobs, Rafa picks up the shreds of contract off the floor. "How can I show my face?" Ale asks. "We can start over together, I love you like crazy." No no no, she begs, don't say it, I'm promised to Marco, he took care of my father. "You're wrong about him, I saw him with another woman." She barely hears and finally: "You have a girlfriend waiting for you at home, go to her."

Marco goes back to his apartment, drinks and throws things around. Auntie calls him, he yells he won't marry Ale because she betrayed him with the disgusting imbecile assassin. Auntie cries and conceals it from Dad, though he kind of thinks she's lying.

A bedraggled desperate Ale arrives at Marco's door and begs that he hear her out, but her case is weak and he doesn't listen, just yells and chucks her out. She cries in her car and then calls Susana...

... who's in bed with Nelson. Ale wants to come over and she's about a minute away. Susana wakes Dandy; he jumps up in terror at hearing the boss is coming. Susana throws him out on the balcony and I guess he falls over the edge (she's on the first floor).

... meanwhile Rafa shows up at the usual bar where Jaime has taken up smoking (to deal with the stress of getting macked by crazy VVV). Julieta had previously shown up, accusing Jaime of being strange and maybe having a new girl. He denied it but lit up two cigarettes at once. Julieta sneaks out. Rafa tells Jaime about the terrible night, and that he, Rafa, can't marry VVV because he's in love with Ale.

... Ale tells Susana the night's story.

Susana thinks Rafa should keep working at Siglo since he's back in the hole now that the deal has fallen through. Ale says, impossible - "The way he looks at me? He told me he loves me." "What did you say?" "I can't say that." "You were marrying Marco for gratitude, not love. It's Rafa who gets your hormones surging." "I could never present him to my family." "Give it time." "I can't go home." "You can't hide." "Please help me cancel everything, you've already done it once before, you know how."

Ale drags home where Rosario is lying in wait and is horrified that Marco called and spilled the whole story. She goes to her room and cries. Rafa drags himself home and cries. The two crooked cops harrass the taco guy.

Rafa dreams he gets a call from Ale saying she will go away with him, they can live somewhere near the ocean... but he wakes to a dreary day and has to tell his mom and sister the deal fell through and he doesn't have a job any more either, and not a penny.

Phone rings for real at Ale's place, it's Susana ready to cancel everything but checking one more time... she's happy to hear the wedding is still off. Beltran dances through, $$$ song, Ale says she'll come in and give him the bad news herself. On her way down the stairs she overhears her dad chatting happily about today's wedding with his buddy.

She and auntie review the current state of affairs while dad eavesdrops above. He clutched his heart, I thought he would have a heart attack and topple down the stairway of death, but no.

Finally, Chavez shows up at Marco's apartment. He hopes the hurricane/earthquake he sees there, and the empty bottles, are evidence of a bachelor party, but no. Marco tells him the wedding is off because Ale slept with Medina.

Labels:


Comments:
Wow Melenama!!! How do you do that?Get these done so quickly and completely. Not to mention it was two hours tonight.

That really was a havvy duty two hour episode. I was drained emotionally.

I wanted to shoot Marco!! He is such a hypocritt. Do you think he may actually love Ale and was seriously jealous? I think the actor playing him is doing an awesome job.

I loved your "two crooked cops harrass the taco guy" line. We haven't seen those two in a while.

Thanks again, for your great recaps, your support and for this wonderful Caray Caray Blog
 

Pata, I actually feel kind of guilty that it's such a oondensed recap but I truly don't have the stamina to do as good a job as you did. Thanks for your appreciation! I'm pretty pleased with the wonderful community here!
 

Thanks for recap Melinama. As always, impressed at how you can get it out so quickly and accurately, two hours no less!

Woe is us, the sale fell through.. I guess. I think we could have just had Rafa decide to stay and not have the sale fall through.

Loved Ale turning things back on the Refri guy by telling him, we had to do it because you were such a scuzzball. Take that. Looks like a couple of those marriages may fall apart.

Beltran is going to need an extra tank of oxygen tomorrow to handle the news of the sale falling through.

I guess this means Marino gets the car?

Pata, agree, Marco is quite the hypocrite. But, surprisingly, he was not pretending about them being together. Been used to so many villains feigning hurt and jealousy, he was actually affected. But... hey, what have you been doing for the last few years Marco??
When Rafa said he saw Marco with another women, did that just blow by Ale or did she just think he was trying to ease the pain for her?
That's going to be a big mess to clean up in Marco's apt.

Another que the heck moment when the cops stopped Trapito. Didn't see any PSA's there.

I just love "Amarte a la Antigua".
 

Way to go, Melinama! Let's hope we all can pick up some tips on how to get these recaps done so quickly without missing anything important.

Pata, I completely agree about being emotionally drained. Ale's sobbing and Rafa's pleading broke my heart. They're both just as fantastic dramatically as they are comically.

As if Marco's outburst at the restaurant weren't enough, when he spilled all to Rosario I wanted to scream 'Oh NO HE DIDN'T!". His rage makes me sick. It's not as though he loved Ale; Marco thought of Ale as his possession and he's angry to think she gave him a dose of his own medicine. Marco is jealous but not for the right reasons. That being said, the guy is a terrific actor because I loathed Marco tonight. There were great performances all around.

I wonder where we go from here? The Siglo crew will be a bee's nest when they find out what happened. Or a version of what happened...
 

Thanks so much Melinama. You're an inspiration. I will have to learn from your style in order to get through these 2 hour marathons.

Man, I was totally emotionally drained after tonight's episodes. That Marco really is a hypocrite. Flores, you're right. He was truly hurt, but for all the wrong reasons. His pride was hurt. But Rafa and Ale really made me tear up. That was some gut wrenching emotion. Usually the heroines crying can get annoying (Silvia Navarro does it best), but Itati can do that child-like hiccuping crying really well. I'm glad that now her dad and aunt know the truth, and it seems like Papa Jorge will be sympathetic after hearing his baby cry her eyes out. I don't think he'll be so hard to convert over to Rafa as she thinks.

The crap is really going to hit the fan when Beltran finds out about the sale. He might actually have a heart attack for real...
 

Melenema, unbelievable.

Rafael and Alejandra were heartbreaking. I haven't hurt like this, for any characters, in a long time.

As for Marco, what was that? All of a sudden he cares?! If it weren't for Ale's shredding, I would have laughed out loud at his assertion of never having touched even the nail of another woman. He deserved to have his pride hurt. Unfortunately, Ale won't let him go.
 

Melinama, a great and super fast recap. The episode was so intense, I had trouble watching it due to the anxiety of what might come and for good reason....the Refi deal fell through. But at least, the wedding is cancelled. The actor playing Marco is terrific and made Marco seem like he was truly hurting....his ego that is. Regarding actresses crying...I like that the tears Ale sheds look real and roll down her cheeks from her eyes and not like they're the sticky glycerine kind.

I have no idea what is going to happen next in this novela ...suspenseful.

GinCA
 

Perfect title Melinama! Just how I felt after viewing these episodes. I was breathless with tension while watching the Refri/ Marco/Rafa fight. And afterwards, Ale and Rafa together--it hurt to see their hopes and dreams crash down around them in just a few instants.

I agree Flores and Vivi. Marco flipped out because Ale was his possession to control as he saw fit and because of his wounded ego and false pride that another man was in his "territory". He was like a man that would kick his dog for wagging his tail when the neighbor boy comes over.

The Trapito and police scene, just annoying. Not only for the subject matter but because I was on the edge of my seat waiting to find out what would happen next between Ale and Rafa.

Melinama, I am astounded by your ability to do these recaps so quickly, accurately and completely. ITA with those who said we should study your technique. Even if we can't replicate your recap, it is something to strive for.
Thank you so much!

Barbara
 

Add me to the list of those who want your skill at condensing a looong episode and still getting in what's needed (AND being witty as well),Melinama.

I guess we're all going to learn fast if we are to survive these long slogs Univision has stuck us with.

As a card-carrying sentimental fool, I was appalled by the emotional destruction of the restaurant scene. The tenderness between Ale and Rafa had earlier (at the resort) seemed to bring the Refri couples closer together. Love and romance can be contagious.

When the fraud was discovered, and the reason for it, the weak links in all those marriages fell apart and the suffering will be widespread for all four couples at that meeting. And all for the selfish, narcissistic (redundant?) egoism of Marcos.
 

Thanks guys. It was really hard. I tried to write up each segment during the commercial that followed but I couldn't really keep up that way. Still, it gave me a head start.

I'm afraid of what will happen next. I mean, we aren't really going to be rid of Marco because he'll be with us till Christmas - does that mean the wedding will come back?

More than the loss of the sale, I was upset by the loss of the warm loving family feeling with the Refris. All of a sudden, anger, rejection, fraction.
 

Hi again...this is a heads up for Flores...Pata tells me you have been alternating double duty on Mondays. If no other Gancho or off-duty CS recapper volunteers for the second hour of Dinero on Monday night, I will try and do it, to relieve you. Can't expect to carry a lighter workload than you all. Sure hope this double-hour experiment doesn't last long.

Dinero Recappers: Could you send me your email addresses? You can find my gmail address by clicking on my name. Otherwise you can write me at backoff1230@hotmail.com
 

Melinama, you are the master. Writing all so clear and complete is an art.

I hope we will not have to watch tonight Marino's happiness over the fallen through business. I don't think I can endure it.

I hope though they will be able to save the business somehow.
 

Thanks Melinama, whoa is right!! What an intense couple of episodes! I couldn't believe it all fell apart like that. Took care of keeping Rafa at Autos Siglo and stopping the wedding, but what a way to do it!

And for sure, Marco is a total hypocrite - I'm afraid it is going to take a long time for Ale to find out, though.

I don't want to watch Marino gloat, either, or what will happen with Beltran. I was hoping that when the wives got upset that might have some effect on the outcome, but geesh, I don't know. I wish they could save it somehow, too.
 

JudyB, I sent you an email. That should work out great for Monday. Thanks again for lending a hand! We'll take all the help we can get. :)
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder