Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Dinero 4/20 - "They look so in love, they don't even seem married."

If you are a lurker, you might consider leaving a comment to encourage the troops. At the moment it seems there are more recappers than readers of this novela!
  • Yammering every since yesterday, VVV is still hiccuping and sobbing, stupefying all in the vicinity.

  • In the face of the irritated Refri couples - wondering where their lobsters had gotten to - I would have been annoyed if I were Rafa, because Ale gave him up immediately, using the catch-phrase from one of the actor's real-life hit songs - "yo no fui." (It wasn't me.)

    Soon all are laughing about it, though, over some other (chicken) dinner. "We couldn't possibly eat Lupita and Masiosarita..."

    It's a lovely dinner but it's time to go. Wait, a problem, the yacht isn't there.

  • Marco is steaming and with Chavez looking on, he tries to call Ale, but the reception is poor and she doesn't hear. Chavez says, "You must be worried, the two of them down there where it's warm, romantic, the beach... those lovely little legs..." "Shut up! She is faithful, she loves me 24 hours a day."

  • Up in their beach bedroom, Ale won't let Rafa choose his own clothes (his silly yellow shirt for instance) - "Wear some of the clothes I bought you." He does look very nice in them.

    He heads towards the bathroom, but comes back stammering - "It's all ending, my relationship with Auto Siglo and with you - I want to say thank you, at least, and sorry for all the trouble. I learned a lot... I went on a plane, a yacht... I saw the ocean..." Ale sighs as he continues, "The saddest thing is, I don't even have a picture to remember you by..."

    He leaves the room. She sniffs his silly yellow shirt and cries a little.

    They go to their hosts and make their goodbyes. However, turns out niece Monica and her chums have the yacht out late bringing back a great band for a beach party later and by the time they get back, Rafa and Ale have missed their flight. Uh-oh!

    Rafa and Ale go back to their room and worry about the phone calls ahead of them. Ale changes into an amazing apricot-colored dress.

    Turns out there is only one spot in the house that gets good cellphone reception and it's within hailing distance of the crowd in the living room, so Rafa makes noisy diversion while Ale call Marco and gets shouted at.

  • Chavez scolds Marco for yelling at Ale. "Until you're married, you are her chauffeur, her peon... wait and fight later! you can get your vengeance then. Until then, don't let her out of your hands. you're about to be crowned!"

  • Since Marco refused to call Susana for her, Ale calls and tells Susana the pre-agreement is signed, but that they need another later flight.

    The team listens in and is shocked to hear (1) Rafa nailed the Auto Siglo deal and <2) he and the jefa are spending another night at the beach.

    Gossip flies. Marino intends to get them fired for disobeying company rules against personal relationships among employees - he says they have been intentionally misleading, but "Who got Rafa his job? Who called him before dawn? Who worked with him late and on weekends? And who among us has ever gotten to go to the beach with her?"

  • Now Ale makes noisy diversions while Rafa calls Vicki Vicki Vicki. He had wondered whether he should call at all, since last time VVV said he should just stay at the beach and that could be taken to mean they had split up. But he makes the call.

    VVV yells, "Get home tonight or the wedding is off." Rafa says, "OK, I respect your decision." VVV is horrified. She expects him, though, to come back and beg on his knees for forgivenness.

  • Marco shows up at Siglo to get a photo of Ale, which Susana doesn't have. On the way out Claudia snags him and they make plans to get together later and "join their solitudes." They make a pact - not to scold each other for mutually betraying Ale.

  • Rafa tells Ale VVV just broke up with him and perhaps it's for the best, because they are so different and have had problems for so long and fight all the time. Ale listens intently and chimes in with a hearty, "Boy do I know exactly what you're talking about." Rafa probes gently to see if this means she can be pried loose from Marco and says, "If I were your boyfriend, I would forgive you for anything." She likes the sound of that.

  • All that stress and bossing people around and shouting and being contradictory has worn Ale out, she goes to nap in the hammock. Rafa watches her tenderly for a while and then is drawn into the beach party and ends up spinning sweet tales about his marriage to his boss. Well, it's not ALL sweet - he likens her to Hitler - and her nap is over, so she is eavesdropping - but she smiles at his stories of getting home and folding her in his arms and kissing tenderly - "she gets exhausted from managing us, managing ME, she doesn't realize I love her every second..."

    The other ladies are jealous and wish their husbands would be so romantic. One of the husbands comments - "They look so in love, they don't even seem married."

  • Ale hauls Rafa away from the interrogation, saying all these questions are dangerous, and scolds him, "We are not really spouses, and you are showing a lack of respect towards me."

    The scolding continues until that young bonbon Monica shows up to lure Rafa back to the party. He is very happy to be lured. Ale tries ordering him not to go, but when that doesn't work she decides to head down with him to protect her interests.

    Hilariously the assembled multitude, as before, marvels at what a good dancer Rafa is. Ale orders him to stay with her - "while we are spouses, you dance only with me" - and when that doesn't work she ends up BEGGING him not to dance with her sworn enemy, Monica.

    Ale starts chugging tequilas which loosens up her dancing style, as it did last time.

    In honor of this affectionate couple, the band is asked to play a slow dance, which makes our protagonists nervous. Ale says, "Closer! Embrace me! That's an order!" but Rafa points out she's just been yelling at him for touching her!

    The cry rings out - BESO BESO BESO! Rafa gives her a nervous peck. OTRO OTRO OTRO! Rafa - "The customers are asking..." Ale - "The customer is always right..." He holds her in his arms... their lips come closer and closer...

Labels:


Comments:
Hi Melinama, hope you are feeling better. I love your recaps. I always look forward to Tuesday nights, because I know I can read yours before I go to bed. You have a great gift for capturing the essance of the episode. Thank you so much.

I really really like this show. I love Ale and Rafa together. Ale is so conflicted with her feelings about Rafa. One minute she rags him like crazy, then she gets so jealous when other women flirt with him, then she is just so sweet to him.

Rafa is not conflicted he is just down right smitten. What a honey.

I sure hope that kiss wasn't just a tease. It sure looks pormising.
I can't wait for weds episode and am so happy I get to recap it.

Great title too. Thanks again
 

Hi everyone! I've been lurking here for a couple of weeks. Confession: I don't speak Spanish, but I love this show! My husband and I stumbled onto it a couple of months ago and had fun making up what we thought the characters were saying. We kept coming back to the show because we thought it was hilarious and now we're completely addicted to it. It's actually surprisingly easy to figure out what's going on just by watching.

Thank you to all of the re-cappers here! The recaps are wonderful to read to confirm what we think is going on and to fill in things that we miss. I love this show and I really really really want Rafael and Alejandra to get together!
 

Thanks, Melinama and all the recappers, for all the great recaps. I confess, I've been a lurker lately since I've had a few busy days and nights and haven't shown my appreciation for the fun recaps and comments.

Will the kiss be completed this time? I'm so happy Rafa has an out now so he can end it with La Loca Vicky. However, it seems Ale's wedding is just a few days away. What will happen to stop that? Hmmm.

GinCA
 

Great episode tonight. Melinama, I love the way you write your recaps. They always make me laugh. For instance, Vicky "stupefying all in the vicinity" truly made me giggle.

Yo no fui. Was a good line. Ale and Rafa busted! They both looked like little kids with their hands caught in the cookie jar. Ale compounded the effect by blaming it all on Rafa.

Rafa telling all how Ale worked so hard and was a Hitler ordering everyone around at work was too funny. But then him telling them how after work they would just want to go home to rest and he would hold, hug and kiss Ale. Too romantic.

Marino is such a jerk.

Welcome Traci! Glad you decided to join in. It's OK to be addicted. I think most of us are. Consider us your self-help group. Oh, wait a second--maybe we're enablers!!

Barbara
 

Forgot to mention-- the writers have me waiting in anticipation. Marco is just so sure that Ale would never be anything but loyal and true 24/7. Normally I would say that trust is a good thing, but in Marco's case it's just arrogance and stupidity of our favorite slimeball.

Tracie, sorry I spelled your name wrong before. But the welcome is still sincerely meant!

Barbara
 

Even tho I haven't left a comment before, I look forward to the recaps. I'm a beginning Spanish student, so am grateful for the recaps, and love the show. Will be sorry when it ends

Kalum
 

I have been lurking for several years and love this site. I want to thank all of the recappers for their hard work and commitment and especially Melinama for hosting Caray Caray.

Whoever cast the two leads for this telenovela was a genius. They have so much chemistry and are a delight to watch. I don't normally like the telenovelas that are comedies, but this one is a gem.


Laura from DC
 

Thank you for the recap Melinama. I hope you are feeling better. Another sweet episode. And the kiss is so close...

In the beginning I just watched this TN and liked it, but now I find myself wondering during the day what will happen in the next episode. Is this show so great or is my life so pathetic?

And welcome all to all the new commenters.
 

Maria," Is this show so great or is my life so pathetic?"
LOL!! I think I've asked myself that question a few times too! These telenovelas have a way of sucking you in and not letting you go.

Welcome Laura and Kalum! I think the leads are wonderful as well. One of Caray's readers who lives in Mexico told us that Pedro and Itati are Mexico's media darlings at the present. I can see why.
 

I love the recappers and the recaps. I never considered myself as a "lurker". Hablo espanol un poco. Watching telenovelas is my addiction. Me gusta la lectura todos los dias. Gracias por todos tus tiempo.
JR in Nevada
 

Sorry I have turned into a lurker lately! Just soooo busy. But I always read and totally appreciate the recaps, thank you all!

I love this show, too, it is so cute and so funny and continues to be a surprise. The lobsters were hilarious, especially Rafa naming them. The fact that Ale helped him shows she really is more smitten with him than she wants to admit to herself.

Would love it if VVV went away, but I think it is too soon. How many episodes are we into now and how many to go? Again, thanks all.

Ivy
 

Thank you for the recaps. My spanish is not that good and the recaps are very helpful.
 

Thanks for the recap Melinama. You got a good one to recap, a little peck, close dancing. They're getting closer together, little by little.

Wow, a lot of comments today. Welcome everyone!

There is a long way to go on this. Not sure when this will end in Mexico as it is still running. I see it is listed as ending on April 30, very soon. If it does, then 220 total episodes. Looking at past recaps, this is, I guess, number 67. So, over 150 to go, not yet a third done.

I don't think Rafa is going to get off that easy with Vicky, respecting her decision. There will be h#!! to pay when he gets back.
 

Sorry to say, my guess is we are stick with Vicki for the duration. But one can always hope!
 

Jeff, I think I saw something on youtube that the show had been extended. I don't know if the 220 capitulos are before the prolonging the show or after. In any case from what I understood they said that Pedro Fernandez had a lot of other things on his plate and they could not extend it that much.

That means that the we might get the final episode as a Santa gift.
 

I'll weigh in since Board Mom asked. I like Dinero in theory but not in practice because of the slow pace. For example, the lobster scene: I enjoyed the first 15 seconds. So I'll watch a few minutes of the show now and then, but that's enough for me. Since I like it in theory, I read the recap at least every other day to keep up with the story. But honestly, I'm not involved in it enough to have anything to say. But I thank you recappers for your work.
 

Great job, Melinama! I love all the comments we're drawing today. A big thanks to our first-time posters and lurkers! We love to hear your feedback.

We're so close to the coveted kiss. Hopefully it actually happens tonight. The repercussions will be interesting. Ale is so confused by her own feelings that she would rather deny them than admit them. Hopefully she can sort it out and see how much Rafa really means to her.

Paula, you bring up a fair criticism. Things do move pretty slowly at times. I think it's the curse of comedies; there has to be a lot of set-up to get to the punchline. I'm enjoying the ride, though, even if it's drawn out until Christmas. I love these characters and it's a great break from the gloom & doom.
 

One I would add to Enoch's Rules of Telenovelas. If something ALMOST happens at the end of one cap, you can bet your beanie that it's just a tease, and it won't turn out as you expect, in the next cap. The sweet young thing turns away from the kiss, or the hero gets distracted before he opens the door, or the hurtling car veers away before it tumbles down the cliff, or something. From my experience, they never, ever put the big event at the start of a new cap. They do, however, often put the big event at the very end of a cap, so you tune in tomorrow to see the consequences. I'm watching LEPerez on YouTube, and it relies heavily on those two ploys. Such that I'm DYING to see tonight's cap!!!
 

Maria, it is in Ultimos Capitulos now, so that April 30 date is probably when it does end. That would put it at the 220 episodes and that would be the extended total. Same number as Gancho had.

Melinama, yes, pretty sure we'll always have Vicky. I'm getting somewhat used to her. Her voice is annoying, but I think it help to remind us this is a comedy. If she had a normal voice and did some of the things she does (plays with knives) we'd be really worried for Rafa and others. Since she has the voice, we worry a little, but don't believe anything bad will really happen. :)

Paula, agree it is slow, but do enjoy the leads and the change of pace. I like it how we have had the leads together here for the last couple of weeks.

Flores, we'll have to see what kind of a kiss they have tonight. At least their lips were touching. Loved it how earlier last night she gave him a little kiss on the cheek and later he kissed her (can't remember, cheek or arm?) and that took her by surprise. Didn't like that too well. :)
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder