Friday, May 21, 2010

Dinero #109 & 110, 5/21/10: A Promise Worth Breaking and A Pregnancy She’s Probably Faking.

Ale and Rosario tell Jorge there is a problem with the plumbing and they need to stay in an apartment until it gets fixed. Meanwhile, Rafa reminisces about his first day at the Siglo and Pepeto chats with him about the women around the office. Rafa shows off his new credit cards, business cards, and personal checks.

Marco takes two of Chavez’s magic green pills before answering the door for Rubi. It doesn’t take long for them to kick in…*cue cartoon “boing” sound* (Which will be heard frequently in the next hour.)

Rosario isn’t comfortable with Ale going to the cocktail party with Rafa but Ale assures her there is nothing to be worried about. Rafa prays he will be able to keep the promise he made to Jorge about Ale.

Rafa arrives at the party where Ale has been waiting impatiently for him. They make their way into the party, amongst some well-dressed and well-coifed couples. This is one ritzy party: complete with bocadillos and fine wines. Rafa makes short work of several cocktails after finding out they don’t have tequila. He notes the party is “a jungle full of lions” and can’t wait to mingle.

Rubi wheedles information out of Marco about his friendship with Chavez. Rubi is excited to go with Jorge to the hacienda; she likes working for him so much she plans to quit table dancing and move into the hacienda to dedicate herself to Gorgi’s care. Marco doesn’t like the idea but Rubi wiggles up close to get him to change his mind. Things turn sour when Marco’s controlling side comes out and he starts choking Rubi. She shrugs him off and makes a phone call.

Ale asks what went down between Beltran, Marino, and Clara. Rafa gives her a copy of the “incriminating” document that sparking the gossip. Ale finally believes Rafa never started the rumors and Rafa understands that the embargo against his house was Marco’s doing.

Marian Celeste, the owner of Grupo Celeste, makes a grand entrance. Rafa is entranced by Marian, which does not go unnoticed by Ale. Marian warmly greets Rafa; she was curious to meet him after getting three of his business cards. Rafa introduces Marian to Ale but Marian’s fondness for Rafa is apparent. For the most of the conversation, Marian’s back is turned to Ale.

Marian congratulates Rafa for being Siglo’s star salesman. She agrees to visit Rafa at work the next day to discuss a new line of trucks. Additionally, she invites Rafa to call her Marian because she hates being called “licenciada”. A waiter delivers some lobster bocadillos, which Rafa turns down because of how cruelly lobsters are killed. He and Marian chat about comdia típica, as she also loves traditional Mexican food. Ale is increasingly jealous as their small talk continues.

Back at the love shack, it turns out that Rubi called Quintana and Chavez. Quintana is an old friend of Rubi’s and knows that Marco and Chavez want to take possession of the hacienda by marrying into the family. Quintana already has a stake in the hacienda too, being a “close friend” of Rosario’s. Not to mention, he just had the embargo on the house stopped.

Marco swears no one, let alone Rubi, is going to take the hacienda away from him. Once Rubi and Quintana leave, Chavez and Marco bemoan their situation. Marco is furious Rubi double crossed him and is left to clutch a pillow in sexual frustration. He calls Ale in desperation but she is, of course, busy at the party. Instead of taking a cold shower, Marco nearly molests a couple young ladies on the way to Ale’s and even gets handsy with Rosario when he gets there.

Ale, tired of being ignored, slides in behind Rafa and insists they have to leave because of an early meeting the following morning. Marian asks Rafa to stay and promises to pull some strings with Beltran if he gets reprimanded. Ale, dejected, tells Rafa to stay if he wants and runs off for her coat.

Rafa follows Ale out to the lobby and asks why she told Marian they had to leave. Ale sticks with her earlier excuse. Rafa guesses Ale is jealous but she denies it. Rafa admits to being jealous anytime men get near her, a piece of knowledge Ale obviously enjoys.

She tells Rafa to be careful what he says since someone could overhear them. “I don’t want to watch my words. It’s too late and it doesn’t matter. Everything I said is true.”

Rafa asks Ale to remember the one night they spent alone together at Puerta Vallarta and all the things he said after Marco ruined the Refri agreement. “I said I loved you and I wanted to run away and live with you. After all this time, you haven’t thought about me like I’ve thought about you?” Ale claims to never think of Rafa or feel anything for him. “You’ve forgotten about me completely? Not even single thought?”

Rafa nearly goes back to the party but Ale stops him by saying she does think about him. All the time. Always. Even when she tries to backtrack, the damage is done. Rafa asks Ale about the beach but all she remembers is losing the deal. Rafa’s memories are far more romantic.

“All that I remember about the trip are the nights we had alone together, the smell of your perfume, setting the lobsters free, and dancing around the campfire. I remember every moment I spent with you. I still feel your lips, your skin, and your essence. Do you remember?”

Rafa sings a line from Amarte a la Antigua (*melt*) and swears he will never forget. His mind and skin will always remember those few beautiful days because they were the best of his life. Rafa would give anything to go back to those days.

He comes tantalizingly close to kissing Ale but remembers his promise to Jorge and pulls away. They compose themselves and go their separate ways.

Jaime and Julieta celebrate their novio-hood. Julieta gives Jaime chocolates and Jaime gives her some snooze-worthy books. Vicky shows up because she can’t find Rafa. She helps herself to Jaime’s chocolates while Leonor and Julieta reconvene in the kitchen; they come up with a plan to get VVV to leave. Vicky starts to wretch but tells Jaime it’s only because she is pregnant. Oh, and the baby is his. Jaime is all shades of impactado. Leonor interrupts to say Don Gaston called for Vicky. She hurries home and Julieta hugs Jaime in triumph.

Ale gets home, where a frantic Marco is waiting for her. Marco can’t keep his hands off Ale but she pushes him away.

Rafa also gets home around the same time. He recounts the night with Jaime, who hears almost none of it because he is still in Lalaland. Rafa thinks Jaime is nervous because of his relationship with Julieta. Rafa gives Jaime permission to visit Julieta anytime he wants. Later, Jaime has a dream that he is a suave caballero who all the women want. Julieta is furious when he smooches Vicky.

Ale cuddles in bed with Rafa’s shirt and thinks about all the lovely things he said. Rafa falls asleep thinking of her as well. The next morning, Rafa gives her a wake up call but it doesn’t upset her as much as before. As Ale leaves for work, a bunch of movers are taking all the furniture to the apartment. Rubi is in a snit they aren’t going to the hacienda and vows things in the casa are going to change soon.

Marco scolds Chavez for letting Quintana in on their plan for the hacienda. Chavez isn’t worried because gave Quintana a bribe to keep their secret. Marco is sure they’re up a creek without a paddle. A close friend/associate of Jorge’s plus the household nurse both have crippling information about their business.

Jaime visits VVV to figure out what they should do. After Jaime is thoroughly threatened by VVV’s biggest brother and his knife, Vicky tells Jaime her master plan. She’s going to sleep with Rafa and tell him the baby is his.

Beltran pulls Ale and Rafa into his office to hear how the party went. He’s thrilled that Rafa and Marian got along well. Beltran wants Rafa around Marian as much as possible because she’s deciding whether or not to buy the Siglo and become the owner.

Avances: Vicky starts her evil plan and Ale seethes with jealously when Marian pays a visit to the Siglo.

Labels:


Comments:
Flores, I missed tonight's episodes so I really appreciate your wonderful and speedy recap.
A PROMISE WORTH BREAKING--yes, yes! I have to try and check out the scene on YouTube with Rafa's and Ale's almost kiss. Beso! Beso!
A PREGNANCY SHE'S PROBABLY FAKING--oh my gosh! I certainly hope so. It would be really awful if she was pregnant with Jaime's baby. The writers wouldn't really do that to us.....or would they?
 

Flores, Holy smokes, what a night. Your title was so clever!!
I really enjoyed your recap. I am so glad we have cleared up those misunderstandings between Ale and Rafa. That almost kiss was so smooth! I loved the look on Ale's face when it didn't happen. I wanted to see much more but that will do for a while.

The whole "over-medicated" "over-eager" Marco scene was quite interesting. As "distateful" as it was I couldn't help but crack up. When he started groping Rosario I was on the floor.

So it was only a matter of time we saw Vicky play her little "guess who's preggers" game. Didn't we see her plan this a long time ago?
We still don't know for sure if she even slept with Jiamie do we?

Thanks again Flores,I got up a little earlier this morning hoping their would be a new post and wasn't disappointed. Nicely done.
I will check back in later.
 

Thanks for your quick recap! I missed a lot of the dialogue (some because I was laughing so hard). The first episode was the funniest one I have ever seen. Marco was hysterical! I'll bet the entire cast and crew was cracking up over that. Guess it appeals to my low-brow humor.

It was also one of the sweetest. That "almost kiss" - awww.

The pregnancy thing was inevitable. I think Vicky is faking it and never actually slept with Jaime. Vicky told Jaime he had to help her get Rafa to spend the night with her so he'll think the baby is his. Hope Jaime doesn't go that route!

Mil in NC
 

Floresdeazul,

Excellent. You captured perfectly the raucous over the top fun of these episodes.

Fortunately (unfortunately?) The ED drugs don't ordinarily have such a profound effect. Maybe in Mexico? I think that Marco's id, which even at best is not deeply submerged, was given it's head (so to speak), and allowed to roam unfettered. Not a pretty picture but very funny.

I'm having to revise my assessment of Rubi. I always figured that she was much shrewder than she seemed, but wow, she is coolly calculating and devious. I doubt that Marco is even close to being evenly matched. Heck, she scares me.

So far Vicky has not let me down. She is gloriously crazy. Since I've only been watching for a short while I don't have an informed opinion about the validity of her pregnancy, but I hope it isn't so. I admire her pragmatic thinking, however... she sleeps with Rafa and... presto chango! The baby is his.

I hadn't recognized Jaime until last night when his alter-ego appeared in his dream. He's an old friend who has been in many previous novelas.

And speaking of old friends, bienvenides Marian Celeste. She adds spice to everything that she appears in. Ale is right to feel threatened. I see that her lips are still impossibly plump. Bee stings?

Un Gancho still has first place in my heart, but I'm really enjoying this show... a lot.

Carlos
 

Thanks Flores, for the detailed recap. They seemed to be talking even faster than usual, or maybe it was that I was tired!

Marco was hilarious, I couldn't believe that, he was so funny! He and Chavez are such bumbling villains, maybe the real ones are Quintana and Rubi (unfortunately). I thought she was going to be a good smart person, but last night it appeared not. Calculating and devious is right.

I suppose the Marian Celeste scene was to show Ale that not just bimbos find Rafa attractive, this was someone on her level. The almost kiss was sweet, and frustrating!

Loved Jaime's alter-ego, that was great. I don't think VVV is pregnant, either, that would be awfully devastating for Julietta. But now I see what VVV is trying to do, how it could work to get Rafa back.
 

It was definitely a great pair of episodes last night. I'm glad these two were back-to-back; it would have driven me nuts to wait another day after Rafa pulled in for the "almost kiss". Now Ale knows what it's like to be in Rafa's shoes when she constantly pulls away. If we're left without a kiss, at least they have cleared the air about all those rumors.

I like Marian Celeste too. She instantly saw the good in Rafa that Ale has taken forever to notice. Beltran is desperate for Marian's business so I have a feeling she is going to be around for a while.

I refuse to believe Vicky is pregnant without proof. She said she went to a doctor but I doubt it's true since we didn't see the scene. It would be just like VVV to play with Jaime's emotions to get him to help her trap Rafa.
 

Thanks for the excellent recap Flores! Those were two great episodes last night. So close to a kiss!

I was almost on the floor laughing so hard at Marco. He was absolutely hilarious!

Oh boy, Vicky is going to drive Jaime crazy with this (hopefully fake) pregnancy. Should make for some very amusing scenes though!
 

Thanks, Flores for a very complete and fun recap.

I'm going to buck the trend and say Vicky IS pregnant. Of course I'm usually wrong on these things. But she's felt sick a few times now. Also, she couldn't tell Rafa the baby was his if there were no baby. Although I guess there actually COULD be a baby if she slept with Rafa, so really the whole point is just to get Jaime to help her. Okay, I see that now. The good news is that 1) Rafa probably won't sleep with her, and 2) she'll probably talk to her mirror or her little devil and angel in the next few days, and we'll know for sure.

I previously thought Quintana was a good guy, but if he also wants to get control of the hacienda, I'm wrong about that. Is this true, long time watchers? Quintana is actually bad?
 

Hombre - he has had alterior motives all along. Pretends to be interested in Rosario to get at the hacienda. He and Chavez had a chat one night when Quintana showed up there unexpectedly in the middle of one of Chavez's little parties. I don't think we ever exactly heard what that was about but got a hint last night.
 

Like Ivy explained, Quintana is not a good guy. He knows that Marco and Chavez have been taking money from the hacienda for personal use and that they have hidden the lifting of the embargo from Ale and family. He is keeping his mouth shut because he wants a piece of the action as well. He expects to be named administrator of the hacienda. Marco is to tell Jorge that he recommends him-- Qiuntana feels Jorge will agree because they have known each other a long time.
 

Thanks for the great recap, Flores. Your clever title sums things up pretty well about this episode. I was surprised there was an almost kiss so soon...didn't expect Ale to give in but it was Rafa who had to stop the kiss. Loved her perplexed, frustrated, disappointed and angry look all in one. VVV really needs a life since she is spending all her time on ways to snare poor Rafa and Jaime too.

The Marco actor is a great comedian. He was over the top but not too sleazy regarding his predicament.

Nice to see Joan Benebec as a blonde, without that magenta hair from D A. That's probably because Aimee, from C S, has dibs on that giant economy size vat that Televisa purchased.

GinCA
 

I agree. Marco was a hoot. I loved Ale's hands motioning for Rafa to come in for the kiss. Great episodes.
 

Charlotte Mommy...I was just in Charlotte...to see my grandchildren. A beautiful city but too far away from Ohio. Only get down once a month.

Flores, great title and you've really whetted my appetite for seeing the show. Just praying my VCR worked. Probably won't get to view it until lunchtime tomorrow but sounds like it was funny and outrageous. Just why I love these comedies. Tragedy and suffering I can get in the daily paper or listening to friends and neighbors' heartbreak. Don't need it as "entertainment". Thanks for a great recap.
 

Got to see a lot of what I missed online today. (Thank goodness for Flores' recap or without captions, a lot would have passed me by). These two episodes were so much fun. Judy, hope you get to see some too!

Marco is just great as a comedian. But with these two shows, I love Ale's comedy even more. She just can't give Rafa a break. When he tried to get her to confess to thinking about him, she finally said she thought of him Siempre!----when I go to the bank each month. I think of you in bed at night!----when my leg is hurting me. She just can't let herself admit her feelings.

Other scenes I enjoyed -- Rafa making Ale look into his eyes when she tells him she now believes that he did not start the Puerta Vallarta gossip; Rafa showing Jaime with his hands how his and Ale's lips were THIS close and he thinks she wanted to kiss him too and also Rafa's expression when he pulls the chair out for Ale in Beltran's office and she takes the other one.
 

Thanks for your recap Flores. Your title summed up things and your summary captured the zaniness of the episode.

Marcos was a riot. I don't know if I've seen a comical villain before and I'm enjoying his increasing insanity.

The almost kiss and hand motions from Ale were great. I like how she is now going to have competition for Rafa so she can see how great he is.
 

Flores, I'm late to the party, but big thanks for the recap. It is great.

I too think that it was one of the funniest Marco moments.

Ruby certainly knows how to take care of herself. I understand now why Quintana almost fell off the sofa when he met Rubi. I thought it was due to her charms.

I too think the pregnancy is fake.
 

Great recap!
I too loved the hand motion from Ale, like come on, come one, give me those lips, lol. scenes like that, make you wish our Rafa wasn't always the good guy, remembering his promise.
I don't think VVV is pregers either, just think that she wants help from J, maybe to become pregers, but we will just have to wait and see.
I think it is good that Ale have a bit of real competition, although I don't think that Rafa would go there either, but good if Ale thinks so.
Looked like Marco had a couple of E's instead of a couple of V's, he did really well lusting after all those women and trying to control himself. too funny.
I can't wait until tonight!!! See you guys tomorrow.
 

Hi again. Yes, BArbara...I did get the see the episode today. Know what I loved the most?..well, all the moments you all mentioned. But my fave was Jaime doing the Saturday Night Fever cool guy look. I'm ready for him to adopt it permanently. That slicked back hair and those granny glasses have got to go!
 

Yes Judy, That was good too! Neat to see how Jaime could really look. But didn't he say after waking up from his dream that it was lucky he wasn't so good-looking for real? Too many problems!
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder