Wednesday, May 12, 2010

El Clon 61, Wed., May 12- Jade and Lucas revert to adolescence

Lucas and Jade meet by chance in the medina. Longing looks; semi-observant child. 'Mommy,' why is that man staring at you?' asks Jadiyah. I say semi-observant because she has actually met Lucas twice; once at the Ferrer's and once at Mohamed's. But gold is more interesting for her than random guys in the medina and while Jadiyah admires a stall of gold jewelry, Lucas tells Jade to meet him in the ruins at the usual time.

Leo tells Rosa that Enrique has reported that Lucas isn't budging on the Jade situation. Marisa comes in. He tells her to give Lucas time (dale tiempo). He says that Lucas will realize that this is a mistake and it will all get resolved. [Even Leo should have trouble saying this with a straight face.]
Tiempo es lo que menos quiero darle a Lucas.
Time is the last (least) thing I want to give Lucas, says Marisa. She says that she has given him time since they got married:
tiempo para que olvide... tiempo para que entienda.. para que decida.. para que crezca..
time to forget; time to understand; to decide; to grow up (all in the present subjunctive after para que). She says that she doesn't have any more time for him. Leo asks what she is going to do and Marisa replies that she is hasn't decided.
Tómate tu tiempo.
Take your time, says Leo.
Rosa tells Marisa that Leo is on her side. Marisa replies that Leo is on the side of his business deal. He doesn't need her now that Natalia is old enough to decide where she wants to live. Rosa asserts that she has always cared about Marisa but Marisa retorts that Rosa has always been on Lucas' side.

Rosa is worried about Nati going to the beach alone but she is reassured when she sees that Nati is with Alejandro. Once away from the house, they stop and kiss. Alej wants Nati to meet his mother (vieja, literally, old lady). Nati isn't sure that Alej's mother will like her. Alej is sure that she will adore Nati.
Si yo, que ti conocí cuando eras mala gente te adoro, ¡imagínate ahora que eres un encanto!
If I, who met you when you were mean, adore you, just imagine now that you are enchanting!
Alej says that he has the impression that he has known her for a long time.
Nati replies that she feels like she is in a dream and is afraid to wake up.
No, tranquila...si te despiertas, ahí estaré para abrazarte.
No, don't worry.. if you wake up, I'll be there to hold you.

Rosa calls Andrea and is surprised to learn that Nati isn't with her.

Alej and Nati are on the deserted beach for lovers.


Alej tells Nati that he is afraid to fall in love with her because they are from such different worlds. What would her parents let their precious child (hijita consentida) have a boyfriend who is a chauffeur? Nati replies that they will have to accept it. She doesn't want her parents' lives - together because of destiny and not because they are happy. They deceive each other, lie and fight. She doesn't want that for herself. She just wants to be happy with Alej.

Lucia asks if Marisa is going to separate from Lucas.
¡Ni loca! Si me separo de Lucas me quedo sin nada.
No way! If I separate from Lucas, I'll be left with nothing.
She has nothing and since Natalia is 18, she wouldn't get child support. [There is such a thing a alimony. I'm sure Lucas would be happy to pay to get rid of Marisa.] She says that she will never change her style of life. She is not on speaking terms with her father so no money there. She says the only thing she knows how to do is be a rich man's wife. Lucia suggests that with her looks and style, Marisa could get a job. Marisa looks at as if Lucia suggested that she go and work in a leper colony. She tells Marisa that she can't let Lucas separate from her without suffering the consequences. Lucia suggests cluing Said in on what is going on. A lightbulb goes on in Marisa's head. [Wasn't that her plan all along?]

I guess she did that because the next scene we see Said having someone call all the hotels in Morocco looking for Lucas.

Zoraida, in her house-cleaning headcovering,

waits anxiously for Jade to return from the medina. Jade complains about being unable to go out. But you just went to the market alone with Jadiyah, says Zoraida. Jade replies that Zoraida doesn't understand anything.

Enrique tries to convince Lucas to wait on the Jade thing until the business deal with Said's company is signed. Lucas tells him that waiting hasn't worked out well in the past for Jade and him. He loves Jade and is going to do what it takes to be with her.
¡Me voy a aferrar a ella!
I am going to grab her!
Lucas says that when he meets Jade, he will find out whether Said already knows about them or whether Jade returned to Morocco to get away from Lucas.

Said finds out that Lucas is in Morocco.
Voy a cumplir mi destino.
I'm going to fulfill my destiny, says Said grimly.

Said tells Mohamed that he has to go back to Morocco right away on urgent business.

Pablo has taken up with Karla (who also gets a considering look from Mohamed). Gloria is happy to have Karla away from Alej.

Ramon goes to see the Naz but Latifa won't let him in because there are no men in the house. Nariza doesn't care. She wants a report on Osvaldo from Ramon.

Doña Nazira, vi al Señor Osvaldo abrazado de su novia.
Doña Nazira, I saw Señor Osvaldo hugging his girlfriend, report Ramon.
The Naz asks if Dora is prettier than she. Ramon is discreet.
Cada uno tiene su encanto.
Each of you has her charm. Then he tells her that she is prettier than Dora. He also tells her that Dora has been Osvi's girlfriend for a long time. The Naz concludes that Osvaldo was seeing Dora and her at the same time. She recites Osvaldo's promises to marry her, go to Morocco, etc. Latifa takes the opportunity to point out the perfidy of Westerners. The Naz screams at her to shut up and asks Ramon to find out exactly when Osvaldo is getting married. 'You pay, I'll find out,' replies Ramon and the Naz gives him her gold earrings and tells him to hurry.

Nati comes back from the beach all happy. Rosa is sure that she was with a boy.
¡Qué bueno que alguien en esta familia puede ser feliz!
How nice that someone in this family can be happy, says Marisa showing why she is a finalist in the "The Person Most Self-Centered, and Most Oblivious to Everyone Else’s Needs" contest.

Some totally pointless pillow talk between Lucia and Roberto that illustrates her jealousy.

Albieri sends for Luisa and tells her that he has determined that it was her fault that the DNA results got mixed up and adding this to the incident with his journal has convinced him that Luisa needs a vacation. She is impactada and points out that he made a much worse error and didn't have to go on vacation. She is doubly impactada to learn that Alicia is slated to take over her job and the rest of the staff in the clinic approve of this decision. Since Albieri has made this announcement during business hours, Luisa has to run out of the office crying in front of everyone. Alicia, in what must be the ugliest dress ever conceived, pretends concern.

Dora tells Vicki that her life is good for the first time in a long time: she has her own house; her mother is living with her and she is going to marry Osvaldo. [Let's hope she this list isn't in order of how much happiness it provides her.] The only thing that is missing is if Daniel would come home and live with her and forget about Dr. Albieri. Luisa comes to see Dora. I guess Luisa doesn't have any friends because she pours out her troubles with Albieri to someone who calls her Doña Luisa and uses the formal usted with her. She takes Dora's hand and says that she feels so alone and needs a friend. Dora pulls her hand away and is polite. Luisa gets the message and leaves.

Andrea comes to see Nati and finds her putting on make up. She concludes that Nati is going out with someone. Nati confirms this but will only tell Andrea that she is very happy and wouldn't want to be anyone else in the world. Andrea is happy for her.

Alej tells Pablo that he is fascinated with Natalia. She is so pretty and easygoing that he can't believe that she was born in this hosue of millionaires. Pablo advises him to take it slow.
No te vayas de cabeza sin freno.
Don't jump in headfirst, literally, Don't go by the head without brakes, says Pablo.
Alej says that he can't control himself. Pablo says that he can control himself the same way that Pablo is controlling himself with Karla. Alej can't believe that Pablo is getting involved with her.
No sé si fue un buena idea de montarme en ese tren...
I don't know if it was a good idea to get on that train.. says Pablo, but he doesn't want to risk his friendship with Alej for a woman like Karla. Alej reassures him that his ex-girlfriends are dead to him. Besides he owes Karla one. If she hadn't left him for someone else, he never would have gotten involved with Nati. He goes on to say that what he felt for Karla wasn't love - they liked each other and she was really good in bed and he got used to that. Pablo is glad Alej feels that way. He says that he won't get involved with Karla but he will teach her a good lesson (dar le su bien escarmiento).

Osvaldo is making his blackmail payment to Karla. He begs to drop the sexual assault charges against him. She says that she'll think about it when he finds her a millionaire husband. Osvi protests that he isn't a pimp (chulo profesional). He needs, what else, time. She says that she is busy and sends Osvaldo off. Karla's nasty mother takes the money in lieu of rent. Apparently, Karla got a part in some show. She is sure that this means she will be famous.

Jade slips out of the house while Ali tells the children stories from the Koran. Lucas tells Enrique that he is leaving to meet Jade. Enrique begs him to reconsider.
Enrique, hoy se decide mi vida..
Enrique, today my life is being decided, says Lucas and leaves. The situation is too stressful for Enrique and he thinks about ordering a drink. Uh oh.

Zoraida catches Jade leaving the house and tries to follow but loses sight of her in the medina.

Albieri makes up with Luisa and suggests that they go on vacation together.

Back to the ruins. Lucas and Jade meet. They kiss. A loooong kiss.

Meanwhile, Zoraida is running around the medina looking for Jade. [She must be the only person who doesn't know that Jade and Lucas always meet at the ruins.]
Jade: I can't believe that I am here with you after such a long time.
Lucas: Time doesn't pass here. We are the same adolescents who met 20 years ago and who never stopped loving one another.
Jade: Lucas
Lucas: Look. Can you feel my heart? It beats (Late) for you. I feel like I just met you, like we were falling in love in secret (como si te estuviera enamorando a escondidas.)
Jade: I shouldn't have come, Lucas. You shouldn't have come looking for me now. This is crazy.
Lucas: Jade, listen to me. I tried during all this time to forget you. I didn't manage it (no lo conseguí). I couldn't.
Jade: You thought about me?
Lucas: All the time, my love. All the time. That is why my life has been so empty because I don't have a soul, I don't have heart. Look at me. You kept my whole being (tú te quedaste con todo mi ser).
Jade: Not a day went by that I didn't think about you. I imagined that you were happy and I was dying with jealousy to think that you were happy without me. This isn't a coincidence. All this was written before we were born.
Lucas: Jade, I will do what is necessary to be with you. I spoke to Marisa and told her that I want a divorce.
Jade: Does she know about us?
Lucas: Yes, she suspects something.
Jade: Oh Lucas, that is why she keeps hanging around Said (por eso se está acercando tanto a Said), she wants to tell him everything.
Lucas: I don't think she would do that. [Really? You don't know your wife very well.]
Jade: Of course she will do it. She will tell him and when she does...
Lucas: I only promise you one thing. I won't leave Morocco without you.
More kissing.

Ali is looking for Jade and believes that she went out with Zoraida. Zoraida is still looking for Jade in the medina. She finds Abdul who is scandalized that she would show herself in public dressed that way. She tells him that she and Jade got separated when they were out buying lamb. Abdul says that Jade will return to Ali's house and they should wait for her there.

Back at the ruins-
Jade: How can I go back to my house? What will I tell them?
Lucas: I will go with you and talk to your Uncle Ali.
Jade: No, of course not.
Lucas: Jade, we are risking more by meeting in secret. I believe the moment has come to face them (dar la cara, literally, give the face). There were many things I should have done for you and destiny made me pay. You married another man and I married another woman but here I am ready to be with you. Are you going to leave me alone?
Jade: No, never.
Lucas: Then?
Jade: Ok, I have to speak to Said face to face. I want him to hear it from me. That is the only thing I ask.
Lucas: Ok. When will you see him?
Jade: I won't wait until he comes back to Morocco. I want to meet with him in the US. I feel safer there. I can run away or call the police. But before that I have to talk to Tío Alí. We can't risk meeting before that. Let's meet in the US, ok?
Lucas: Whatever you want. My love, there is something that I have been dreaming about all these years and I would like to relive it here.
Jade: What is it?
Lucas: Would you dance for me?
Jade: Of course.

Back at Ali's, Abdul says that Jade is taking too long. Ali, as usual, is protecting her. He makes excuses. Jade returns and tells a lame story about bad lamb.

In the kitchen, Jade tells Zoraida that she met Lucas. He is going to separate from his wife and she will separate from Said and she and Lucas will be happy forever.
[I guess this is what the prophecy meant about the past meeting the future because this is the dreamy young Jade who seems to have forgotten why she went back to Morocco in the first place, forgotten about her daughter and forgotten about how Said promised to kill Lucas.]

Ramon loses the Naz's earrings to Gloria.

Alej tells Nati about how his mother was widowed when he was very young and she started the restaurant business from nothing and now she has the bar and restaurant in the Southwest and still takes care of him. Nati says that he is fortunate. Her mother doesn't know she exists. She is always at the club or a fashion show. She would like Nati to be like her - coiffed, made up, in high heels (tacones). Alej tells her that he likes her the way she is - transparent, authentic, precious. That is why he fell in love with her. Andrea witnesses them together.

The credits roll.

Labels:


Comments:
Jean, thank for the recap and the title was right on target.

I didn't like the look on Nat's friends face when she saw Nat and Alej kissing. A little green-eyed jealously, I think. This does not bode well for the yound couple.

Now we know why Marisa has stayed married. There must have been a pre-nup.

Rosa is beyond stupid. I wonder what planet she is living on most days. If I thought she was ready for the home early on. I am now positive that is where she should be.

Thanks again Jean, and have a great day.

Rosemary
 

Thanks for the great recap, Jean. I loved your line, "Some totally pointless pillow talk between Lucia and Roberto that illustrates her jealousy." And yeah, Jade and Lucas, still stuck in the same rut, ad infinitum.
 

Another wonderful recap, Jean! Especially loved the Spanish lesson!

"Lucia suggests that with her looks and style, Marisa could get a job. Marisa looks at as if Lucia suggested that she go and work in a leper colony."

Yes, exactly! And I have to say, this actress is doing a splendid job of being hateful.

The writers are also on the ball when they have Marisa's character brush off Naty's dreamy, first-love behavior with a nasty: At least someone is this house is happy!

When Luisa arrived at Dora's house, I thought she was set to get back at Albieri by telling Dora the truth (as she understands it) about Daniel. Actually, I think the writers were playing with us, setting us up to think that. The scene plays out very sadly, doesn't it? Luisa is so lonely, the only person she can turn to for solace is her former manicurist. As you pointed out, Jean, Dora's pulling away her hand is a kind, but clear response.

I know a lot of people here have run out of sympathy for the Jade/Lucas romance. Not me. I keep rooting for them even as the storm clouds loom on the horizon. (And that's one heck of a storm cloud on Said's face!)
 

Forgive me if this is a repeat - I just wrote a comment that somehow disappeared. Pues,ni modo...

Jean, another wonderful job! I especially appreciated the mini Spanish lesson on the subjunctive. I know that's how I learn, seeing things in context.

I enjoyed your observation about Marisa's reaction when Lucia suggests getting a job:

"Marisa looks at as if Lucia suggested that she go and work in a leper colony." Hahaha! But I have to say, the actress is really good at being despicable.

I also liked this line:

"How nice that someone in this family can be happy, says Marisa showing why she is a finalist in the "The Person Most Self-Centered, and Most Oblivious to Everyone Else’s Needs" contest."

What a mom!

Did anyone else think Luisa was going to spill the beans to Dora about the "lost" eggs? I think the writers were playing with us. But as the scene actually played out it, it was pretty sad: poor Luisa is so alone, she has to resort to her ex-manicurist for solace. And you're right Jean, Dora's pulling away her hand was a nice way to show Dora's polite refusal to get involved.

I'm still rooting for Jade and Lucas's amor imposible, even as the storm clouds once again gather ominously on the horizon (and on Said's increasingly scary face). Sigh...
 

Excellent recap and photos.

Here we go. Lucas and Jade don't seize the moment. Sounds like Lucas is going to cross Said's plane in mid-air. And, God help Jade when Said arrives in Morocco. Or maybe Lucas won't get out of Dodge before he arrives. At any rate, I don't have any optimism about these two being together anytime soon, if ever.

I agree, Rosemary, Nati's friend is not happy with her kissing her chauffeur. For one thing, she had her own eye on him. For another thing, she's like a broken record that Nat should continue to pursue Fernando.

One new fact emerged. Besides her burning desire to make Lucas suffer forever, Marisa doesn't have any other source of dinero since her pops married his secretary and doesn't have anything to do with her. It's likely her own family was fed up to the teeth with her LONG ago.

NovelaMaven, I also thought Luisa might have said something to Dora about Albieri's mistake with the eggs. Guess we should have known long-suffering Luisa wouldn't stick it to Albieri.

The scene where he tells her he's going with her on vacation was the sweetest one they've ever had. Since I'm not sure about Alicia's big plan, I don't know if she wants Albieri there and Luisa gone or not. I WISH they'd clear up what she's up to. I guess they want us to be curious and keep tuning in.

I thought it was a riot that Gloria confiscated Ramoncito's bribe of the gold earrings.
 

Alej reminds me a young Marlon Brando! Last night it looked like he was letting his hair grow out.

Rosemary
 

Rosemary - I've been thinking and thinking who Alej reminds me of and why he looks familiar. you are so right!! Marlon Brando was ruggedly/broodingly handsome -whoo.

I'd be curious to see how Alej looks with more hair. I am really loving their story.

The rest - snooooooze/ fast forward.
 

Thanks, Jean, for another terrific recap. As always, I'm especially grateful for the help you've provided with Spanish. I also loved some of your observations, such as hoping that Dora's list of things she's grateful for "isn't in order of how much happiness it provides her." And I had the same thought as you did that Zoraida "must be the only person who doesn't know that Jade and Lucas always meet at the ruins." In fact, when she first went out to find Jade, I was sure she was heading for the ruins.

I also loved your title. It echoes perfectly my feelings about Jade and Lucas. I think it's significant that neither of them looks much older than they were 20 years ago. Can you picture two forty-somethings acting and saying what they did in this scene? (Hmmm...I'm so far past forty-something that perhaps it should seem normal to me that they act like children!)

Has El Clon been moved to 7:30 again tonight? I'll be out, and I've set my VCR (yes, VCR) to start at 7:30. I hope I'm right.
 

Rosa is the epitomy of a bored household help. I should know - I've come across a few in my lifetime. They're home all day, all their service lives, and feel like they're part of the family so can say or do anything. They really have no formal education, therefore, not used to thinking and just blurt out whatever comes to mind. Their world is so small - just the household - that every little thing that goes on is very interesting to them; even if they're not.
 

Jean: Thanks for another terrific recap of love among the ruins.....
I'm with NovelaMaven re: Lucas and Jade. Stormclouds ahead, and sometimes it's lots of fun standing out in a blustery summer rainstorm and getting wet. I know that Jade's forgotten her promise and her child, but I am sure this will all fall into place because maktub, the novela gods have written it and it is their destiny....... Je-je!
 

i realy love your film a lot and i cant stop thinking of it even in the night
julia nkandi
claudia Gabriel
Vaino
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder