Tuesday, June 29, 2010

El Clon Tuesday June 29: Summary for Discussion

The (only) bright spot tonight – The Naz in her zebra-print leggings workin’ it at the gym. Seriously.

At the Casa Ferrer:
Marisa answers when Jade calls, and while Lucas looks on, tries to torture her by reminding her that she is the one with Said now. At last Lucas wrests the phone away and Jade tells him to stay away from her, calling him a coward and a liar. Estoy muerta para ti, muerta! (I'm dead as far as you're concerned, dead!). She hangs up.

In Ali’s house:
Jade tells Zoraida not to answer the ringing phone.

At Said’s place:
Rania is hurt by Said’s absence for two nights and his lukewarm affirmation of his love. He is back in Jade’s closet, sniffing her clothes, tears in his eyes. A weepy Rania confides to a servant:
Su corazón todavía no se divorcia de Jade.
His heart hasn’t yet divorced itself from Jade.

At Mohamed’s place, there’s a whole lot of haram going on:
The brothers discuss Said’s infidelity and Mohamed realizes the other woman is Marisa.
Samira tells Latifa that Prince Amin is stealing things from the store to give to Karla and that he’s spying on her.
The Naz is preparing to go to the gym with Samira and Jadiya.
Tápate Nazira! Cover yourself, Nazira, implores Latifa.

A little peek at Pablo’s class at the gym:
The Naz flounces energetically, if awkwardly, in her zebra-skin leggings.

At the Casa Ferrer:
Nati tells Lucas she is very depressed. Lucas offers to intervene with Alej, but this has no effect on her mood.

At Club Caliente:
Karla demands 3 things from Osvaldo: Daniel’s phone number (which Osvaldo professes not to know), the name of the woman who works in Roberto’s house, and $1000.

At the clinic:
Albi tells Luisa he’s not prepared to see Daniel yet. A puzzled Luisa tells Anita about this and she suggests Luisa herself go to see Daniel.
Escobar comes in all atwitter (emocionadísimo: very excited. If he’d said excitadísimo, he’d mean ‘very horny’, which perhaps would have been more accurate). He’s bought the perfect departamento.

At Empresa Ferrer:
Fernando is giving the same news to Clara who figures, hey, at least half of it is mine.
Leo tells Carolina that Enrique needs psychiatric treatment. Enrique is brilliant, he says, had a wife and two kids and a thriving business but lost everything because of his addiction
Enrique, meanwhile, is frustrated that Roberto doesn’t believe his story about seeing Diego.
No me lo tomes a mal…
Don’t get me wrong... says Roberto. But you’re seeing and talking to ghosts – and they’re answering you!

At Cristina’s place:
Pablo tells her that it was Marisa who asked Said to ask Zain to fire Alej. (Got that?)

At a dance club (not sure which):
Karla cosies up to Daniel, all flirtacious, and he blows her off pretty callously. She leaves in a huff and goes home to cry on her mother’s shoulder.

At Empresa Ferrer:
Why doesn’t anyone believe me? asks Enrique. Just let me make one phone call, says Caro.
Clara hears Escobar telling Anita that the apartment is perfect for him and Malicia. She gets him to admit he put the place in Malicia’s name.
¡Me robó! He robbed me! I wuz robbed!

At the gym:
Pablo tells Alej that it was Nati’s mother who had him fired.

At the pool:
Fernando gets a call from Nati. She wants more drugs and he’s happy to oblige. Andrea warns Fernando he’s going to end up like Enrique. As he denies this…

Cut to Enrique on his psychiatrist’s couch:
…explaining that an addict never knows when to stop. You never experience the high of the first time but you keep chasing it, needing more and more…I lost everything because I couldn’t stop.

At Casa Ferrer:
Fernando and Nati are high; Rosa brings in food and they are uninterested.
Lucas goes to see Nati to tell her he’s going on a short trip. He’s surprised at her apparent cheerfulness.
Marisa overhears that Lucas is going to Morocco and remarks that Said will be delighted to hear it. Rosa asks her not to say anything, not to get him in trouble but Marisa says Lucas deserves what he gets.

At the Gym:
Andrea catches up with Alej:
Natalia está consumiendo drogas.
Natalia is using drugs, she tells him.

At Club Caliente:
Osvaldo warns Daniel to stay away from Karla. No worries, it’s not serious, says Daniel. By the way, can you lend me some money? Sorry, says Osvaldo:
Voy en saldo rojo.
(I think he means, I’m in the red, ie I’m broke right now. Anyone seen this expression before?)

At Mohamed’s place:
The adults discuss marrying Jadiya and Amin, much to Amin’s dismay. The conversation rapidly turns into their usual argument, but tonight Latifa strikes back at the Naz, calling her, finally, an exhibitionist.

At Albieri’s house:
Malicia shows up wanting Luisa’s help in pushing her candidacy as PR person. What’s wrong with you? asks Luisa? Why do you always want what belongs to someone else? Why are you so envious? (Which would be an interesting question if this character were at all interesting… but since she’s not…ah well.)

Outside the Casa Ferrer:
Alej says to Marisa: We need to talk… (I'm guessing he wants to tell her that Nati is in trouble but I wonder if she will be able to hear what he has to say...)

Previews:
We see Lucas in Morocco with Jade. Not quite dead to her yet, it would seem.

Labels:


Comments:
So I'm wondering if maybe Enrique's shrink could offer the Familia Ferrer a group rate...
 

Thank you, NovelaM. You're a trooper! Maybe Alej can get another job as a bouncer. Do broccoli bands bounce?
 

Thanks for the summary (and the Spanish) NovelaMaven. I think you missed the beginning of the first scene. The shot of Marisa in the black dress was from the recap of the previous episode. The episode is on YouTube here. (That user, laurisgar2 posts a few novelas regularly.) The exchange between Jade, Marisa, and Lucas in that scene is probably worth watching, although not terribly important.

It's been easy to find things to complain about in recent episodes, so I'll stick to things I liked. I like Rania's story. I genuinely feel bad for her. She had no idea what she was getting into with Said, and is starting to realize she was used, and is still being used. Pobrecita.

I like Osvaldo, although I'm not sure I should. He's done a lot of dubious things (especially early on), but he's so charming. I think he's a good guy who just flirts as a reflex. (And he's been faithful to Dora since they got back together.) The only thing I hold against him now is mishandling Karla's continuing extortion.

(Couldn't Miss "Con K" apply all this energy toward making an honest living? Where's a pimp when you need one? BTW, I loved Daniel's "can you believe this?" dismissal of Karla! He's cold, but this is exactly how seriously she deserves to be taken.)

And I like Alejo standing up to Marisa at the end! I'm with you Paula, I'd like to see him show her what he does for a living!
 

Thanks Luke. I corrected the first lines of the summary -- my local Telemundo station had cut that scene from the broadcast!

And thanks too for the positive spin on things:

I agree that Rania's story is interesting, although Rania herself has enough Malicia in her to be not especially sympathethic. At this point, I'm holding my 'pobrecitas'...

Yeah, Osvaldo is becoming a mensch!

As for your "Where's a pimp when you need one?" -- perfect! But I'm not so happy to see Daniel acting like a jerk. After all, he doesn't know that Miss con K deserves this treatment and worse!

As for Alej -- well I can't wait to hear what he has to say to the Broccoli Band Bruja!

PaulaH: Do Broccoli Bands bounce? Hahaha! Maybe. But first, I'd like to hear this one play "Ding dong the witch is dead"!
 

Excellent recap, as usual, Novela Maven. As Luke suggests, I'll try and accentuate the positive.

I thought it was interesting that everyone was suggesting that Enrique needed professional help not because he nearly drank himself comatose but because he claimed to have had a conversation with a ghost.

I think the purpose of Daniel's encounter with the skank was to show that he has Diego's 'love 'em and leave 'em' philosophy - until he meets his true love, of course.

My sister told me that what we have been calling 'broccoli band' dresses actually have a name in the fashion world. They are called 'bandage dresses.' See this website for some examples.
 

I don't see Daniel's making out with Karla as any reflection of Diego. Remember that Lucas missed out of being with Jade because he was bedding that shank Marisa!

Lois
 

NovelaMaven, thank you for the recap and Spanish lesson for the day. The only lightness in this TN is the Naz. She is really over the top. I think I would be bitter if it were up to the male members of my family to find a suitable husband for me and they just couldn't find the time because they were so busy find new wives for themselves.

How does Mo support his family from that little tienda he runs?

Jean, thanks for information about the dresses. Who would have know you could buy one for yourself.

Rosemary
 

Gracias, NM!

Luke, good call on focusing on the positive.

I am looking forward to Ale's confrontation w/ Marisa on tonight's epi.
 

A todos -- ¡El gusto es mío!

Bandage dresses? Hah! And yet I prefer your inspired broccoli band image, Jean, conjuring as it does the pouffy head on top, the generous bare body to band ratio, ie lots of bare body, very little band. The Bandage Dresses remind me more of Mummies than of Mummy Dearest. :-)
 

Muchas gracias, NovelaMaven, for this fine and helpful recap. I think you're right about the gym scene being the one bright spot.

I had a somewhat different take on Alej's coming to see Marisa. Since he had just found out that she was responsible for his being fired, I thought that he was going to confront her or ask her (not sure which) about that. It didn't occur to me that he might be wanting to talk about Nati, especially since Nati has made it clear that there's no love lost between her and her mother. I guess we'll find out tonight.

And while I agree with Luke that Karla deserves the rotten treatment she gets from Daniel, I was surprised and disappointed that Daniel acted that way--at the same time that I was relieved that he apparently wasn't falling for her.

Since I too am trying today to stay moderately positive, I think I'll stop now! :-)
 

Much as I would like to claim credit for the broccoli band, that was the inspiration of PaulaH.
 

NovelaMaven, thanks so much for the excellent and concise summary.

Actually, I think there were two bright spots last night. One was that Clara found out what Ratoncito had done. She may have legal options. And it was a clear punch in the solar plexus when she asked him if Fernando's inheritance was so important to him, why didn't he put it in Fer's name.

I was also pleased to see Andrea, a good friend as always, tell Alej about Nati's drug use. If anyone can help her it's the stalwart Alej. I kind of think the drug use is what he's doing to say to Marisa. And this is because he approached her in a quiet and respectful way, which he'd likely not do if he was coming to discuss her getting him fired.
 

Excellent recaPs!

I don't think that alej will aproach marisa with an angry attitude. I think he's more concern about resolving natilia drug abuse than arguing about her pushing to have him fired.

As for nariza, I love her in the gym. She looked so silly jumping out of sync to the aerobic routine.

phyllis
 

Thanks for the summary.

I can't believe leo invited marisa back to the house. He knows lucas hates her & they will soon be divorce. It's so ridicules!

I'm so glad rania caught said with marisa. Hopefully, a confrontation will arise from this incident.
 

Excellent sum/recaps.

I was laughing so hard that daniel ignored karla. She needed that to deflate that ego of hers.

KC
 

Thanks for all the nice comments, amigos!

Thinking about Alej and Marisa -- he is a man of his word. Although in TN's 'never' typically means 'until the next time', in his case, he meant it when he said he could never be with someone who used drugs. I think that, sadly, the Alej-Nati romance is over, no matter what happens from here on.

I also think Nati is going to be furious with Andrea for telling Alej about the drugs; and with Alej if indeed he talks to Marisa about Nati's problem. So when Nati most needs a friend, she will be pushing away the only two true friends she has.

I've also been thinking about what a healthy libido everyone in this novela has, and what a poorly developed sense of sexual etiquette, to say the least. Quite a contrast with the prudes over at Univision, no? :-)
 

novelera: good call on Clara and Andrea. Their confrontations were good for the characters. I just realized there were a lot of confrontations in last night's episode, in a show where most of the characters usually delay confrontation.

I agree with Jean that Daniel's treatment of Karla was meant by the writers to show his bad side. In this way he resembles Diego, but don't forget Lucas had multiple amantes himself (which was never really explained to my satisfaction). The writers like to make Daniel alternately sympathetic and unsympathetic. He'll be sweet to Dora, then very insensitive (like on her wedding day).

Although I think Daniel's bad behavior is meant to show a deep-seated character trait, I don't think Rania's minor scheming should be understood the same way. I think she is naive, unaware of her real situation, and wound up by her sister's bad advice. She is in a difficult situation not of her own making, and her reactions are forgivable, given her ignorance. The defense rests. :)
 

LM --I absolutely agree with you about raina being naive & now realizing the true nature of her marriage.
I also truly feel sorry for her.

Tami
 

When it's revealed to marisa that nati has a drug problem, she's going to be shocked. She'll likely try to blame alej, so more people will distrust him.

phyllis
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder