Saturday, July 24, 2010

Dinero #160, 7/23/10: The Truth Comes Out (But No One Wants To Believe It)

Buenos tardes, queredos! Sorry for the delay. Thunderstorms and technical difficulties made me put off recapping until late this afternoon. Last night had a lot of information flying and people crying so lets get to it!

Dandy lays out his ultimatum to Rafa: either he tells Ale the truth about what’s been going on or Dandy will tell Susana.

Chavez and Quintana chat about the hacienda over drinks at the bar. Chavez is upset Marco would accuse him of being a swindler (estafador). He always supported Marco in his handling of the hacienda. Chavez warns Quintana about the headless ghost haunting the hacienda and offers to help Quintana earn extra profit off the property if he lets Marco have ownership.

Dandy grips Susana’s hand and begs her to understand he was just helping Rafa; he would never be disloyal. Ale interrupts to shoo Dandy away and console Susana “another victim of Rafa”. Ale gets worked up even more when Marian Celeste calls. “How could I be in love with someone so low? He collects women like possessions!”

Quintana is joined at the bar by his business partner (his name escapes me). He tells Quintana about Carmela the Man-eater and that he wasn’t able to wheedle much information about the hacienda.

Rosario tries to liven up Jorge, who has taken to moping in bed again. Marco gives Jorge the news that Rubi is back. Jorge instantly forgets his languishing and cannot wait to see her.

With Dandy’s words in his mind, Rafa steels all his courage to tell Ale the truth. Ale refuses to listen to Rafa after what she overheard between him and Pepeto. “You have a novia you’re marrying, you run off to Monterrey to seduce another woman, and then you say you love me! I hate you! I pray to God you pay me what you owe and we end this relationship for good. I never want to see you again in my life. You can get married to your clueless girlfriend and I will marry the only man who has never lied to me.”

Rafa pleads with Ale to listen. “Marco is a lying disgrace! He is cheating and laughing at you behind your back!” Ale does not believe a word of it. “You’re only saying that because Marco refused to believe your lies!”

Rafa has reached the boiling point. “Do you want to know the truth?! Marco has been blackmailing me! It was his idea to try to sell my house. It was a huge trick to get my mother to believe she won a contest so she would sign the papers that he gave to you. He did it all to get back at me.”

Ale attacks Rafa for being selfish and still disbelieves him. “You should be a writer with a tall tale like that! Marco is incapable of doing something so underhanded.” Rafa is on a roll and the truth just keeps spilling out. “Marco threatened that if I told you the truth, my mother would go to jail. I will never allow my mother to spend one minute inside a prison and much less because of a parasite like Marco!”

Ale accuses Rafa of making up childish excuses for his own actions. Rafa does everything he can to make Ale understand. “All the meetings with Dandy and Pepeto were organized because we were investigating a woman in the courts who Marco has been having affairs with.” (I was begging Rafa to say Carmela’s name!! Then Ale might have believed him…)

Rafa lays his last card on the table. “Marco does not love you, Alejandra! He doesn't love you like I do. I am desperate because I can’t pay all the debts I have and I wish I could live in peace with you.”

Ale asks why Rafa is getting married to if he loves her so much. “Because Vicky’s father loaned me the money I paid to you on the condition I marry his daughter.” Ale can’t handle the ridiculous things Rafa is telling her. “You are blaming your dishonest actions on the man who has helped my family for years, dragged others into your lies, caused Susana and Dandy to split up, and prostituted yourself for money! You only agreed to marry Vicky for money!”

Ale is overcome and Rafa, upset at seeing her cry, tries to comfort her. She tells him to leave. “I’ll go. I just wanted to tell you that even if you don’t believe me and I get married to Vicky and you get married to Marco, I am going to be the most miserable man in the world. I love you and you know you love me too! It hurts that you don’t believe me but it is the truth.” Ale turns to say something but Rafa has already gone.

Jorge has spiffed up to meet with Rubi. He and Marco try to tiptoe out of the house but Rosario catches them. She’s in a snit because they left her out of the conversation earlier and now they’re sneaking out of the house without her. The guys eventually admit they are leaving to see Rubi and make a mad dash for the door.

Meanwhile at Grupo Celeste, Marian chats with her amiga Montserrat. Marian admits she offered Rafa a job because she wanted him close to her. She neglected to mention his job would be as her assistant and not a salesman. Montserrat warns Marian about becoming obsessed since Rafa has always loved another woman. Besides, Montserrat’s brother Daniel was hoping Marian would get back together with him.

Rosaura, Claudia, and Generala pester Dandy, who is in a funk about the break-up with Susana. Later, Pepeto explains Dandy’s depression to Bebé and Jimenez. Dandy cries he may have lost his Nonicita forever. Marino is still spitting fire about being brushed off by Beltran and Ramirez scolds him for being so selfish. Jimenez visits Doña Arcadia and fumbles awkwardly as usual.

When Marco and Jorge arrive at the restaurant, Rubi scoops Jorge up into a big hug. She missed him muchisimo! Jorge asks Rubi where she’s been all this time and Marco says she was living with her mother. Rubi glares at Marco but gives it up in favor of doting on “Gorgi”. Later, Marco ends up agreeing to take Rubi and Jorge to the hacienda the following night.

Susana’s meditation is interrupted by Ale, who is a sobbing mess after the fallout with Rafa. Susana says they both have to heal and move on. Ale cries that it isn’t so easy to make her heart forget the man she lives for. Susana tells Ale she has to pull herself together for her own health. Ale tells Susana all the sordid details and more tears start flowing. One of the reasons she fell in love with Rafa was because he was so honest. Ale is overwhelmed and has no idea what to do next. Susana offers a piece of advice: marrying Marco out of spite (despecho) would be the biggest mistake Ale could make.

Rafa looks to his amigos for help. Pepeto and Jimenez run off to find a private spot while Rafa lets Dandy know he told Ale the truth.

Ale gets a phone call about her upcoming wedding. She either has to change the wedding date or get married somewhere else. Ale is too distressed to think of having a church wedding and decides on a civil ceremony. Ale is going to go through with marrying Marco so she never has to see Rafa again. “Even if I don’t love him, I am sure he loves me.”

Doña Arcadia meets with Beltran. She asks him why it bothers him so much that Rafa, a fantastic employee, doesn't have the education credentials. After all, he has the experience and has already produced results. Beltran agrees to ask Rafa to stay at the Siglo. However, they still have to let Ale go. Arcadia says they have to sacrifice someone for breaking the rules.

Avances: Jorge creatively tells Ale that Rubi has returned and Vicky goes shopping for wedding dresses.

Labels:


Comments:
Flores, thank you for the great recap. So much for telling the truth. I hope Susana doesn't stay mad at Dandy for long. We knew Ale wouldn't believe Rafa.

I think that bar fly sort of looks like Quintana's business partner.
I am a little confused with Chavez going to Quintana. Is he double crossing Marco?

Thanks again Flores for a very detailed and informative recap. Hope the storms have settled in your neighborhood so you can enjoy the rest of the weekend.
 

Thanks for recap as I missed it last nite. What will it take to wake up Ale to the truth?

Vicky and Jaime would make the perfect couple as they deserve each other IMV and Julietta can find someone more deserving of her.
 

Hi there Flores. Yes, there were tornado warnings in parts of Ohio last night, although down here it's just more hot, sultry, brain-numbing heat.

Good title. Perfectly expresses the frustration of last night's episode. Rafa finally spills the beans and it does no good. I found myself getting quite cranky with Ale last night.

On the other hand, loved the naughty conspiracy of Marco and Jorge sneaking out to see Rubi. Just roared when they whipped out the door and yelled "With who?...Rubi!" before slamming it shut. So there Rosario!

Doña Arcadia, her dogs, and that poor whipped assistant of hers. Those are always disturbing scenes, but I certainly agree with her that Rafa should be kept on. Results, not resumés, are what counts.

Glad all is well in your end of the world, Flores, and thanks for the recap.
 

Thanks for the excellent recap Flores! What's going on with Ale? Wasn't she only planning on marrying Marco to get Rafa to do something drastic and stop her? Apparently him telling her the brutal truth isn't drastic enough! What's he gonna have to do to get her to believe him? Here's hoping Dandy and Susana talk things out because I'm sure Susana will believe the guys.

I felt so bad for Dandy last night - he looked like a sad little puppy :(
 

Excellent recap, Flores. You brought out the frustrations that this episode contained, but also showed us the humorous moments with Rubi. Too bad there weren't more humorous moments.

I was glad Dona Arcadia gave Jimenez a chance to use his talents as an architect in looking over the plans for the new branch of Auto Siglos.

Since Beltran and Arcadia agree that Ale has to go at the end of the month (although lots could change by then), it could be that Ale is fired, and Rafa goes to work with Marian. Then Auto Siglos would be in bad shape. But who knows if this would really happen?
 

Interesting sequence of events last night. Thanks for the recap!
The villain department seems to be forming new alliances as Chavez joins Quintana and Rubi.
Although 3-1 seems to be unfair for Marco I think the whole key lies in Quintana. If he is able to maintain the alliance of Chavez and Rubi then Marco becomes an easy target.
But it could also be that Chavez is only faking his alliance to Quintana. That could be a key difference in the end.
Poor Rafa. Eben though we all knew Ale wouldn't believe him it was still really painful to see him get treated the way he did.
After last night I think Ale is closer to marrying Marco, especially since she talked to the priest and cou;dn't get the religious ceremony done on the same day.
At this point it seems like the only way to convince Ale is with solid proof. I get the feeling Dandy is not done with Carmela.
The only good news was that Rafa might be able to keep his job with Siglo... at the expense of Ale. But after last night I think Ale deserves that much anyway.
Signing off... Private 057
 

Interesting sequence of events last night. Thanks for the recap!
The villain department seems to be forming new alliances as Chavez joins Quintana and Rubi.
Although 3-1 seems to be unfair for Marco I think the whole key lies in Quintana. If he is able to maintain the alliance of Chavez and Rubi then Marco becomes an easy target.
But it could also be that Chavez is only faking his alliance to Quintana. That could be a key difference in the end.
Poor Rafa. Eben though we all knew Ale wouldn't believe him it was still really painful to see him get treated the way he did.
After last night I think Ale is closer to marrying Marco, especially since she talked to the priest and cou;dn't get the religious ceremony done on the same day.
At this point it seems like the only way to convince Ale is with solid proof. I get the feeling Dandy is not done with Carmela.
The only good news was that Rafa might be able to keep his job with Siglo... at the expense of Ale. But after last night I think Ale deserves that much anyway.
Signing off... Private 057
 

Flores- Thanks so much for this great recap. I just caught up on all the shows today. Rafa needs to get some proof pronto that he can show to Ale. And somehow he needs to get through to Susana on Dandy's behalf. Poor guy. It broke my heart to see him so destroyed. But I was happy for Jorge and Rubi. Those two just fit so well together in their own crazy way. Loved how Marco and Jorge called out Rubi in unison and dashed out the door to avoid Rosario's anger. :)

I had a great time in Jersey, on a panel giving advice to teenagers (7th-11th graders) from across the country. The middle schoolers were the best. So small, and full of questions. :)
 

Vivi...God bless you. You are doing such meaningful and important work. We all need a Vivi in our lives, but particularly at that vulnerable middle school age. Keep on keepin' on, lady.
 

Flores, thanks for such a complete and thorough recap. Chuckled right away at "a lot of information flying and people crying". So true. We are going to miss your work muchisimo! But gladly, we don't need to miss YOU because you said you would still visit.

Thanks Carlos for the ID on the Quintana associate. I didn't recognize him until you jogged my memory. Like Pata and Güera, he does look like the drunk guy who seems to live at the bar. Kinda glad he is part of our story and we don't have ANOTHER character trying to swindle Ale's family.

Flores, even though Rafa didn't say Carmela's name, I think Ale knew who he was referring to when he said she was at the juzgado. When Ale went crying to Susana in the meeting room she told Susana that the woman Rafa accused Marco of deceiving her with was a type of woman Marco would not be interested in.

Judy, we knew Ale wouldn't believe Rafa. It's hardly worth crankiness. Must be the weather (though the last 24 hours for us has been definitely better--less heat but mainly so thankfully, less humidity) and also hope your week was a little better than last week. When you see how cute Marco can be as you enjoyed in Jorge's Great Escape to see Rubi--you have to remember that this is what Ale sees a lot of the time. In addition she thinks he paid for her surgery and has always offered to help with money like when she lost her job and for the wedding. And, he has opened up his home to her whole family. Though I fault Ale for previously leaving a lot of her financial affairs to Marco, I know if I were her, I would probably trust him over what she sees going on with Rafa.

Rafa took money from Vicky's dad with the understanding that he would marry Vicky. Morally, this is pretty hard to defend. But if Ale believes Marco is really a good person who she thinks truly loves her--how right is it for her to marry him knowing that not only does she not love him but she appears to now find him physically repugnant?

If Susana treats Dandy like she did the last time she was upset--she won't let him talk to her for quite a while. In fact the girls seemed to have made a pact to help each other avoid the guys. I find this a plot convenience because Susana not giving Dandy a chance to explain does not seem very "Susana-like" to me.

Vivi, glad things went well in Jersey. I would think middle school would be the best age to make an impression about college and then hopefully to have it continued to be reinforced throughout high school. Ditto to Judy's observation about you doing important stuff!
 

Flores, I enjoyed your terrific recap and it was of great help to me in understanding quite a few things especially the Chavez/Quintana conversation. And like Chavez, I really have no clue why the headless horseman is haunting the hacienda.

Sounds like sad times for Ale/Rafa and Susana/Dandy for some time to come. And I'm curious as to how the impending weddings will be avoided or postponed since we know they can't take place.

GinCA
 

Thanks Barbara and Judy! Remembering all the wonderful adults that inspired and encouraged me while I was growing up, it's a privilege and a pleasure to be able to do the same.

Went to the office and there's no power, no phone, no server. So we all had to go back home. I was spared any power outages from the huge storm we got yesterday, but my parents, co-workers and many friends were not. I was driving when the storm kicked up though. The outside temperature reading in my car went from 106 degrees to 78 degrees in the span of 15 minutes. It was amazing, a bit scary in my little Beetle (high winds, tree limbs falling everywhere and downed power lines), and quite beautiful too. I managed to make a mad dash into my condo building, getting drenched, and then settled in to watch all the novelas I missed while I was away. :)
 

Thanks Flores.

This was indeed a sad episode.

As bad as I hate to say it, I believe at least one of the weddings will happen if not both. But I more incline to believe that Ale will marry Marco, and Rafa will either get his bank loan and pay off Don Gaston in the nick of time or either grow a set and break it off.

But you know what make me mad, Susanna and Ale are both so quick to believe rumors or make bad asumptions, but when someone is standing there telling the truth, THEY DON'T BELIEVE IT!!!! UUuggghhh!!!
 

Vivi. Oh my. Your mama must have been praying up a storm during "la tormenta" as you were driving home. Glad you made it safely and that getting drenched was the worst that happened to you.

I was once trapped, by myself, at age l7, l in a little shack containing old metal bed frames (I was a counselor in a Girl Scout camp) during a violent thunderstorm with lightning crashing all around me. Never have I been so terrified or felt so alone. But lightning did not strike me or the frames! and eventually I got back to my tent in the campsite. But Lordy! I was petrified.

@Kat. Amen. These ditsy broads don't know the truth when it whacks them in the face. How do you spell "extension"?
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder