Friday, July 30, 2010

Dinero #165, 7/30/10: Marian makes a desperate plea and Susana plans revenge with glee.

Susana interrupts the daily meeting to tell Rafa that Marian and her posse have arrived to speak with him. The employees hoot and holler while Ale looks sour. Rafa is hesitant to leave the meeting but Ale prods him into going.

While Julieta primps for a night on the town, Jaime pours his heart out to a portrait of Jesus. He knows what he is doing is wrong and begs for forgiveness. Suddenly Jaime has an epiphany and knows what he has to do.

Jorge and Rosario have a pleasant breakfast at the apartment. Rosario is still shaken up over the ghost at the hacienda. Jorge assures her Marco will handle it as well as he has all of their other affairs.

Rafa sits down in his office with Marian and an engineer named Abelardo Mendoza Torres-Mocha. Rafa offers Mocha a deal on the used trucks that he readily accepts. (I missed the particulars; the subtitles were way off tonight.) Later, the engineer shakes Rafa’s hand and leaves with a smile. Marian asks Rafa to lunch to celebrate their good luck and he excitedly accepts.

Ale unsuccessfully tries to convince the employees that she isn’t bothered by the relationship between Rafa and Marian. She cuts the meeting short when it gets too uncomfortable for her. Ale tells Susana she heard Rafa and his boys club talking about Rafa’s bachelor party. Rosaura, Claudia, and Generala can’t help but butt in and offer to throw a bachelorette party for Ale. After all, she’s getting married too. Ale wants to turn them down but has to give in once the girls put a hard sell on her. (If only they could sell cars as well as they sold the party idea.)

Ramirez agrees to put in a good word for Marino to Beltran and Arcadia. Secretly, Ramirez dreads the day Marino finds out about his relationship with Marino’s ex wife. He’s sure Marino will kill him.

Marco tells Chavez about the horrible time Rosario and Jorge had at the hacienda. Chavez is unnerved when Marco tells him they saw two headless ghosts. Now Marco has to have El Gran Brujo perform an exorcism to get things back to normal.

Meanwhile, Quintana is discussing the ghosts with his business partner Rendon. One of the ghosts was a fake but both guys are frightened when they can’t figure out who the second ghost could have been. Quintana snaps out of it and vows to find out what’s really going on.

Jaime arrives at Rafa’s with bags full of goodies for the bachelor party. He promises Leonor the party will be good, clean fun. Julieta warns Jaime that it better be. VVV calls and screeches at Leonor about not being able to talk to Rafa. Leonor tells Vicky Rafa is going to be busy since tonight is his bachelor party. “QUÉ?!

Marian and Rafa order lunch but the fun deflates when Marian places her hand on Rafa’s. Rafa gently pulls his hand away and tells Marian he is getting married. Marian bursts into tears which makes Rafa feel horrible. Marian is crushed she lost Rafa to Ale. Rafa tries to correct her but her sobs drown out his explanation.

Susana tries to snap Ale out of her blue mood over Rafa. She’s depressed that Rafa is out having a good time with Marian. Susana wonders if Marian would be invited to Rafa’s wedding then comes up with a devious idea. “What if Marian received an anonymous invitation to Rafa’s wedding? Rafa destroyed both our lives so why shouldn’t we play dirty?” (Bad karma for you, Susana!! I’m so disappointed.) Ale is impressed at Susana’s underhanded plan.

VVV paces and screams herself into a frenzy over the bachelor party. She will not allow it!! Vicky calls Jamie but he lets it ring. Julieta is tired of VVV’s constant calls and makes Jaime answer. Vicky demands Jaime tell her where the party is going to be but Jaime truly doesn’t know.

Rafa paces around the table trying to think of something to make Marian stops crying. Marian stops sobbing but still begs Rafa to break off his engagement and come work for her.

Azucena gets back from a visit to the del Castillo house and gives Rosario a package of paperwork the neighbor collected. The information is from Ginebra, Suiza, which confuses Jorge because he can’t think of anyone he knows there. (I couldn’t piece this together very well. Can anyone clarify?)

Marian apologizes for making a scene. She thought Rafa knew the depth of her feelings for him. Marian loved Rafa from the moment she met him. But she was constantly in Ale’s shadow and had to fight for Rafa’s affection. Now Marian is upset that Rafa has been so unfaithful to his girlfriend. “You can’t love your novia. You love Alejandra.”

Jaime calls Pepeto to ask where they should have the bachelor party. Pepeto agrees to figure it out and later they’ll plan the, ahem, entertainment.

Ale is still kicking herself over believing Rafa’s lies. She’s still going to marry Marco even though she loves Rafa. She can’t think of anything else to do.

Marian demands to know why Rafa isn’t with Ale when he obviously loves her so much. Rafa flatly replies that they both have their own lives, families, and significant others. Marian says it isn’t fair for Rafa to marry Vicky when he does not love her. “Your relationship with Ale is impossible and your relationship with Vicky is going to fail. Leave the both of them and come work for me. I can make you the director of corporate sales. You could be happy by my side.” Rafa’s reply will have to wait until Monday.

Avances: Susana enacts her evil plan. It's too ugly, I can't look.

Labels:


Comments:
Good morning Amy. Thanks for getting this up so quickly. Love the title....covers it all and it rhymes. Perfect.

And I agree with you...definitely Bad Karma for Susana planning such a dirty trick on Rafa. In fact, it's totally out of character for her to think this way. Clearly the rift with Dandy has thrown her off her "calm spiritual center" Que feo!

As fond as Jaime is of his talks with Jesus, I think last night he was actually praying to the Patron Saint of Lost Causes, San Jude Taddeo (may have messed up that name, it's Thaddeus in English.) ; and Marian's ingeniero friend was buying a fleet of cars for his executives.

On the banking letter, evidently Jorge has an account there he's forgotten about (naturally) and, as I understood it, they want him to close it out. Maybe this will be an unexpected windfall that will save the house from embargo. Sure hope so!

And if that's the case, then Ale doesn't have to marry Marco. Hooray!

Extra thanks for getting this up so quickly. For us CarayCaray addicts, missing a recap in the morning is sad indeed! You've brightened up my day. Gracias.
 

Yep, I did totally mess up the spelling It's San Judas Tadeo.
 

Great title. Thanks for the quick recap.

Susanna may be planning her revenge with glee but you are probably right that glee is not what will result. I agree that Susanna is acting totally out of character and if she were her old calm and logical self she could have put a stop to all this madness -- but then what would we do for these last fifty or sixty episodes.

I haven't seen this yet but I loved your descriptive style. You make me salivate for the real thing.

Güera
 

Floresdeazul,

Thanks for this bright and snappy recap, very nicely done and in the face of, at times, nearly useless CCs. You didn't mention that this is your last (I'm hoping that it will only be a temporary pause) for at least a while. I know that I will miss your Fri recounts. Your affection for the show and its wacky characters is always on display in your very entertaining recaps. I hope that in your new situation you will continue to join in with your observations, insight, and wit.

So,

"Jorge assures her Marco will handle it as well as he has all of their other affairs."

Well, I know that certainly makes me feel better about the whole situation.

There was a brief scene between doña Arcadia and Jiménez about some plans or something. The only reason I mention this is that it I think that she may be sweet on him. She shared some of her best Cognac (she called it her medicine) with him.

I was a bit troubled by Vicki last night. Maybe she's done this before and I just haven't noticed. She was compulsively drumming her fingers in the air as she spoke to Jaime on the phone. This is not a good sign in regard to her mental stability... OK, OK, she hasn't been the model of sound mental health, but I think that she is beginning to deteriorate a bit.

Carlos
 

I still didn't get a chance to watch the episode -- but I think those plans that Doña Arcadia has spoken to Jimenez about are going to be significant in the end. It is the second time that she has consulted him about some project outside of town. He is trained as an architect or something like that & has been working at Autos Siglo since he lost his professional position. Getting his professional confidence back might get his marital confidence back as well. I like his sweetness even if his nervousness and twitching are annoying. I hope to see him succeed.
 

Thanks for such a great recap!
I just loved Marian's crying last night. And no its not because I enjoyed seeing her cry or anything, but because I was hoping that she would get Rafa to have some type of reaction.
Carlos: The one thing that would drive Vicky over the edge would be if the wedding is cancelled.
Signing off... Private 057
 

Thanks for this and all your recaps, Floresdeazul.

Mil in NC
 

Gosh, is this really your gran finale Flores? For some reason, I thought we had you on board for another week.

If this is good-bye, certainly do hope you'll check back in as promised. You write so well, your recaps always flow beautifully, with suble asides and humor.

Vaya con Dios amiga.
 

Muchas gracias for the kind words, everyone! I have one more week to go before I fly the coop. After I leave, I'll still be following the show as closely as ever. Recaps might be my lifeline since I'm not positive the town where I'm moving gets Univision.

The Doña Arcadia and Jimenez scene was in my notes but I completely forgot about it once I started typing.
Arcadia is great to give Jimenez a chance to prove his talents. He has a lot of potential, he just needs to work on confidence.
 

Floresdeazul, your recaps will certainly be missed. I hope your new home will receive Univision. ¡Que pena si non!

I just started watching last night's episode. The breakfast scene with Jorge & Rosario is so cute. I wonder if some of it was ad libbed when Jorge was still chewing his food. It looked both accidental and natural. It was either good ad libbing or good writing. Either way it was precioso.

Güera
 

Thanks, Flores, your recap was so entertaining and helpful.

I also thought the Rafa and poor Marian's breakdown scene was amusing. And not, as mentioned, because she was heartbroken but because she was completely caught off guard and didn't act like her usual calm calculating self. She was sobbing, had tissues over the table and Rafa was nervously talking and hopping around the table trying to explain and calm her down. The other patron's were staring and this is the same restaurant where they had the VVV blowout and the police were summoned.

Hope the Geneva account stops Ale's wedding plans and hope something, maybe Marian's job offer, puts an end to Rafa's wedding to crazy Vicky. Or can we count on Jaime to reveal his secret to Rafa...probably not.

GinCA
 

Floresdeazul,

I'm sorry, for some reason I thought that this would be your last recap. I'm glad that we still will get to enjoy another of your nifty recaps. I don't know where I got the idea that this was your last.

Güera, thanks for the information about the work that Jiménez is doing for doña A. I couldn't believe how he drained that first snifter without coming up for air. The look on her face was wonderful.

Carlos
 

I want to thank all the recappers for their great work this week.

GinCA
 

Hey Flores; your radiant, rararivis (extrodinary) recaps are going to sorely be missed!!! This one was great!!!

I adore the lovely Marian. Coming to Rafa's rescue with clients for him. She has been pretty up front and honest with her feelings. Her crying scene was kind of funny to watch though, with poor Rafa not knowing what to do. I totally did not see that coming. She is fast becoming one of my favorite characters.

Carlos, I noticed the Vicky finger drumming as well and it just intensified her craziness!!! I was yelling at my TV to tell her to stop it!!!

I agree with everyone else that Susana's actions were jusst so out of character for her. It was mean streak for sure.

A swiss bank account? This could get interesting.

I am still very much enjoying this show even though we have been in a little holding pattern, I, like Judy, look forward to all the recaps and comments. I just got home from work and it was the first thing I did.
 

Thanks for another excellent recap, Flores.

It seems a little unusual that Jaime hired a dancer for the bachelor party, but he and Pepeto haven't even found a place for it yet.

Rafa sure causes a lot of reaction in his ladies. Marian was sobbing, Ale was sniffling, and Vicky was shrieking.

My guess for when the money from the Swiss bank account will come in? End of the month.
 

Flores- This recap was fantastsic as always.

I too was cracking up at Marian's breakdown, but not because I liked seeing her cry, but because it was so unlike her. She totally lost her cool and poise. I really want them to bring in a good galan for her, because she really deserves one. I hate seeing her heartbroken over Rafa like this. The thing is, they would actually make great friends. They love the same food, music, and tequila. And they always have fun together.

I also like that Jimenez and some of the other sales team members have been following the advice Ale gave them and following their dreams/improving their lives. Glad Arcadia is giving Jimenez a chance.

But Susana is going backwards! Ale is influencing her too much. Hopefully she'll snap out of it very soon.
 

Lol Hombre. Yes, I am sure they won't get the Swiss account money till the end of the month. ;-)
 

Great recap, as always.

I was surprised to see Marian cry--it seemed out of character for such a tough negotiator. And her tears did not seem too believable to me--the actress playing her is very good, but when Ale cries about something (which is very often), I can feel her pain. Not so much with Marian, so it made me wonder if they may have been false tears to try to influence Rafa somehow? Maybe I'm over-thinking it.
 

R- I think they played that scene just for laughs, so didn't want to make it too real or heartbreaking, like Ale's crying.
 

Thanks for the recap Flores! And Vivi, thanks for Thursday's - I didn't have a chance to comment on that one. Rafa really blew it with Ale the other night. It seemed like she was ready to listen to him, so he chooses that moment to not talk!?

R, I agree with you that Marian's crying seemed very fake. Ale puts so much more emotion into it.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder