Monday, July 19, 2010

Dinero Monday July 19, 2010 Pepeto's In Like Flynn, And Ale and Rafa Are Out

Good Lord! After weeks of nuthin' ,we had a lot happening tonight. Oriental seductions, sleazy betrayals, dramatic confrontations and revelations with tragic consequences.

First a little rehash, with Claudia (shown mostly with some camera work slithering up her gams) plotting with Marino to oust Rafa. He gives her three of his sales, she drops the dime that Rafa's CV was falsified. But she reminds him to stick to their agreement and mum's the word. Otherwise they're toast (a los dos vamos por un tubo). Dandy is eavesdropping on all this, gets his foot stuck in a wastepaper basket, and blows off a potential client looking for a sports car as he hoofs it into the office to look for Rafa.

Meanwhile, Marino, armed with this intelligence, runs into Beltran's office to threaten that Auto Siglo is going to lose it's star salesman. You mean Rafa? queries Beltran. No, Me! snaps Marino. We know nasty stuff is in the wind, but luckily we get a breather. A heavy breather.

Pepeto has arrived at the judicial office and is starting his spiel. He has lingerie and exotic ointments and perfumes from India. Not just exotic but erotic. Why do you think India has the highest population in the world!?, he adds. The secretaries are enthralled but Carmela the Ardent AND Sceptic arrives. She ain't buyin' it and doesn't allow salesmen in the office. But wait, he's ready to give a personal demonstration AND guarantee. This changes things. Carmela sits down, he bends over her and unzips her jacket. Ahhhh sigh the secretaries. Oooooh breathes Carmela. Next he begins to massage her shoulders with first one oil and then another...to, er...what is the word...ah yes, penetrate the skin more deeply. More ahs, oohs, and some heavy breathing. He finishes his demonstration with nibbles and kisses around the shoulder, neck and ear lobe. Mercy, it's enough to give anyone a hot flash and Carmela is definitely on fire. Time to take this demonstration off site.

Alas, now we're back at the den of iniquity...the business kind. Marino is continuing his complaint about being thrown out of the sales meeting. He and Rafa can't both be in Auto Siglo. One of us has to go. Beltran reminds him his sales of last month were not particularly impressive. Rafa always gives good results. And it's easier to get a good salesman than a good executive. Marino then drops the dime on Dandy and Susana's romance. Beltran dismisses it as cheap gossip. Alright then, check Rafa's "curriculo" and his references. If what I'm saying is false, you'll have my resignation on the table right away, concludes our slimeball. And we break for ads.

We have a little retrospective of how the CV came to be falsified. Rafa's honest appraisal of his skills and background was dismissed as grade school prattle. Alejandra draws up an impressive CV, instructs him to memorize it, vouches for it to Beltran, and the boss reminds her that she'll be responsible for Medina's performance since he has no previous experience in selling autos. Of course, she says. So clearly, the groundwork is laid for disaster.

But back to Pepeto's groundwork. He's on the phone to Rafa, saying the demo went over great but now he's about to be led to the scaffold (pátibulo) by Carmela who wants a personal one on one demonstration. Rafa's shaking the pompoms, assuring Pepeto que "si te puedes". Make her your slave, Medina urges. Seduce her by promising not just a roll in the hay but a long term romance. Ale overhears all this and her opinion of Rafa and his Boys Club sinks even lower. Our spirits sink too (but let's hope Pepeto's don't) as we endure some more ads.

While Alejandra seethes some more, Carmela's ready to sizzle. She's dragged Pepeto off to her favorite hot sheets motel. Alas, she can't get Room 207 with the jacuzzi, but 'ni modo", she's ready to make do with whatever is available. After offering Pepeto a drink (tequila for him, thanks) she makes her pitch:
C-Do this with all your clients?
P- Only those I like.
C-Your wife or your girlfriend...they don't mind?
P- I'm single.
C-Guess in your line of work, relationships don't last.
P- Oh no. I just ended a relationship of five years. A wonderful woman but her daughter came back and there was a problem with the child....
C- You were with a grandmother!?
P- She was 53. I like older women. Ardent women. Mature women.
C- Open up that sample case and let's get going!

A tender scene, interrupted by a random beauty parlor episode of no real import except the male beauticians insult Vicky's friend because she's a bit on the heavy side. There are some jokes about homemade plastic surgery injecting salad oil (Alejandra Guzman?) and it's all quite politically incorrect so let's move on.

Alejandra is still seething and lamenting to Susana about how Rafa takes money from one woman to pay off his debts to another and is basically lower than low. Then the bell tolls. Beltran wants Rafa in his office. This cannot be good. We get another slew of ads while we worry ourselves sick.

Dandy's worried too and is following Susana around like a nervous puppy, but she won't give him the time of day. Ramiro Ay Dios Mio! commiserates. He's had a lot of experience being brushed off by women.

Pepeto may think he's gone to the gallows but it's actually Rafa who gets his head chopped. Beltran has doubts about his "curriculo". Where are the diplomas and certificates that go with all this fine background? Can Rafa bring them in? Medina dithers and obfuscates and then decides to tell the truth. Yes, the CV was falsified but he hasn't swindled Auto Siglo. On the contrary, he worked like a dog and produced results. Isn't that what matters?

Evidently not. Beltran calls in Alejandra and just as she arrives, the Queen stops by as well. Perfect timing sez Beltran. And lays out the mutual fraud. Rafa tries to save Alejandra, saying it was all his idea, but neither Beltran nor Profesora Arcadia are buying it. It's a "delito" (criminal offense) and there won't be a hearing (auditorio). They're to turn in their resignations forthwith to spare a scandal. Arcadia agrees. "Gracias y buena suerte." But, but..."Fuera" (out!) bellows Beltran.

Outside, our two hapless lovers try to figure out who denounced (delató) them. It couldn't be his three buds, Dandy, Pepeto and Ramiro. Well it couldn't be Susana, insists Ale. Then it must be Marcos. She protests. Medina insists. Some day you'll understand. Tell me now! Do you really want me to tell you!? They stare at each other while we viewers scream, Yes, tell her tell her tell her! And will he? Tune in tomorrow to find out.

Previews:
Marcos talks about the ghost at the hacienda while the voice over says there are actually women of "carne y hueso" flesh and bones (make that babes in bikinis) out there.
And Marcos' plan gives results and Ale and Rafa are fired.

Vocabulary:
rojo bermellón = vermilion red (the color sports car the fellow was seeking when Dandy got his foot stuck in the wastepaper basket)
espuela = spur
a los dos vamos por un tubo = we'll be flushed out, we'll be toast (Claudia's threat if she and Marino don't stick to their secret
agreement)
ni idea = no idea
patadas de ahogado = lit. the kicking of a drowning man, fig. desperate measures
patibulo = scaffold, gallows (Pepeto, complaining about having to bed Carmela the Ardent)
vieja jamona, traga hombres = jamona can mean ham but it also means "buxom". Pepeto is describing Carmela as a busty old broad who's a maneater (traga hombres)
pastel mal hecho = a crappy cake, another complaint about Carmela's charms
mandar a freir espárragos = to tell someone to get lost
me mandó a llamar? = you sent for me?
soy todo oidos = I'm all ears (the Queen)
nos viste la cara de tarugo (blockhead)= you made fools of us (Beltran to Alejandra)
si mal no recuerdo = if memory serves me...
delatar = denounce, inform on

Dicho of the Day

No hay peor lucha que la que no se hace. = There's no worse battle that that which is not fought. Give things a try before giving up on them.
So hang in there Ale and Rafa! We're rooting for you.

Labels:


Comments:
You summed it up with that first paragraph, Judy.

What a lot of developments tonight. Marino is just too slimy. I hate to see him win if only briefly. Do you think that Rafa & Ale will really be gone -- or will the queen think better of it? Of course Rafa can have a job with Marian Celeste -- she won't care about Beltran's blackball.

I understand Pepeto's discomfort with his mission -- but I didn't like his comments about Carmela. She's not a bad looking woman I think. Wouldn't it be a hoot if they turned out to have such a hot encounter that they become an item?

Güera
 

I forgot to say ¡Guau! you got that recap up fast. You a a wonder!
 

You are a wonder indeeed Judy. That was a really fun read!! Thank you.

There was a lot going on tonight. All last week it seemed like those hour episodes were sooo long. And tonight just whizzed by.

I am totally with you Guera, Marino is such a slime!! And I don't want to see him win at all!!

Great Vocabulary and I loved your dicho of the day "So hang in there Ale and Rafa. We're rooting for you!"
 

Love the vocab. It embarrasses me that I'm too lazy to do it!
 

Great Racap Judy!
There were too many things going on tonight. Looks like I might have to take back that Pepeto doesn't have what it takes rant in the next couple of episodes.
So Rafa figured out that the leak came from Marco...
Definitely can't wait for the next episode. But if there is so much going on I don't know if I can capture all the action!
I don't really think that Beltran and Arcadia will let Rafa and Ale leave. Though they did seem pretty firm. More comments in the morning.
Well Signing off... Private 057
 

Oooolala Judy! Such an exciting recap. I was tense just reading about it. I haven't seen it yet but hope to hit at least the highlights by tomorrow night. Trouble is that it sounds like most the episode was fun...though I'm certainly not complaining.

I thought Rafa didn't know his resume was falsified. I had forgotten or missed Ale coaching him on this.

Now that Rafa is out of Auto Siglo, how will this affect his used truck deal?

I'm glad to hear that Pepeto is handling Carmela. The whole thing is somewhat sordid though I'm still eager to see it. I have to tell myself that they are both adults and both may be getting what they want from this situation. Guera, I agree that what would redeem this situation is if Pepeto actually fell for Carmela at least in the short-term. I have to remind myself that Carmela is not really a good person. I get distracted from that fact by the writers turning Carmela into an object of derision. All she wants is a little lovin' !
 

BTW--liked the title, loved the detail on the Carmela/Pepeto scenes and as always am grateful for the vocabulary and dichos. Thank you Judy!
 

Good morning cuates, and thanks for all the kind and appreciative comments. Yesterday was a very rough day for reasons I won't go into, so the fun episode was a treat and so are all these nice words. I'm lapping them up.

And guess what! I went back to taking notes by hand after my computer betrayal last week and it was fine. Hooray. Some things in life DO go right.
 

Güera--like you, my first hope was that the Queen and Beltran will change their minds. My second was that Rafa would jump to Marian's firm and that maybe he could shoehorn Ale in (although it would be hard to imagine Marian agreeing to that.
And like you and Barbara, I HATE the way they're talking about Carmela. Heck, she's an attractive woman. Hardly decrepit and generously proportioned to boot. Agreed, her relationship skills are a little skewed. That definitely need work. But these horndogs have the nerve to badmouth her! Puhleeze.
 

Melinama, if I had your writing skills and humor, I might not bother with the vocab either. But I figure no matter how poorly I handle an episode, if I give the reader something in the way of Spanish skills, I'm okay. Think of it as my crutch. But I'm happy it's appreciated.
 

Private O57--Well, your rant may have been on target. After all, Pepeto hasn't gotten to "criterion behavior" yet. He's only at the preliminaries. I am hoping, for Rafa's sake AND Carmela the Ardent's, that Pep is up to the job. Looking forward to tonight's episode. And certainly wasn't last week.
 

Oh Pata....is it just me? or does Marino get more slimey looking each week. His face is so disgustingly florid, his jowls so repulsive, his lecherous arrogance so off-putting. The actor is doing a great job but I'd be ready to shoot him on sight if I had the chance!

As my tender-hearted buddy, I know you are suffering as I am over this latest development. Let's cross our fingers and maybe throw up a prayer to the Virgincita that our lovers will get out of this jam quickly.
 

Judy- This recap was a treat from starting title, to finishing dicho. What are talking about? Your writing skills are amazing.

I especially loved your recounting of Pepeto's, ahh...sales skills. He's having trouble selling cars right now, but he certainly has what it takes to be a successful door to door salesman. :) Yes, I hope he can follow through to the end and give Carmela what she's been craving.

I've always thought that Ale and Rafa should go into business together. At the moment the two of them own the trucks, not Siglo. But the trucks are sitting on Siglo property and are being repaired by Siglo staff, so not sure how that will work out. I don't know why Beltran and the Queen are so upset. It's not like Beltran (he of the wandering hands) is such an upstanding guy. And Rafa has delivered results since he's been there. Who cares what's on his resume?

I don't think that Rafa will tell Ale anything (afterall, they show her at the family dinner table with Marco). And I can understand her frustration because it all looks pretty bad from her standpoint. I want her to start figuring out a few things on her own. Come on Ale. You can do it.
 

Now there's the solution! Ale and Rafa going into business together. Independent contractors. I love it. And it will drive Marcos crazy.

Good.

Vivi, a lot of us recappers have self-doubt. It doesn't stop us from doing what we love to do, thankfully.

I am in awe of the humor and language skills of many of our recappers and commenters. I consider myself "okay". Not self-downing or looking for compliments...that's just how I evaulate myself. That's why I try to upgrade my product with a little vocab.
 

I really hope that Rafa and Ale don't leave Siglo. Although, it would be great if Rafa left and did something like he did with Cloautos and finished destroying Siglo and Marino along with it.
But of course that probably won't happen. What happens with Zetina?
Marco never realized that Rafa didn't pay Ale the debt. I really want to see his reaction on that point.
Signing off... Private 057
 

Judy, you hit the jackpot with this episode and certainly made the most of it. Dang, you're good.

As for Pepeto getting the job done, I have no doubt that he will get the job done. He definitely seems to be in his element and area of expertise. He certainly does not seem to be lacking in confidence.

I'm a Carmela fan. I think that she is quite attractive... in a ripe, robust sort of way. I'm hoping that she and Pepeto actually hit it off.

I don't know what Ale's going to do, but I'm quite sure that Rafa will take Marian up on her job offer. I also suspect those used trucks may end up helping them with things at Auto Siglo.

Carlos
 

Excellent recap Judy! I haven't seen this episode yet, but your recap is so detailed that I feel like I have. Sounds like a fun episode - I'm very much looking forward to watching it. The Pepeto/Carmela scenes sound like a hoot! And will Rafa tell Ale about Marco or not? I hope he does!
 

Private, Carlos, Tracie...hi to one and all. I'm sure somehow Rafa will be back at Auto Siglo but there may be a pit stop at Marian's or as an independent contractor.

Carlos, I'm with you. Carmela is well within "acceptable" range and Pepeto would be a slacker if he can't perform. She's willing and wanton. What's not to love?

Tracie...yes, you MUST watch the office exotic lingerie and oils scene. It was hilarious. I'd had a horrible day and was still laughing out loud at that scene.
 

Great recap Judy, thank you.

I knew Pepeto wouldn't let us down and it did seem like they have a little chemistry. She definately talked more with him than she ever did Marco.

I too think that the trucks will play a decision maker at Siglo, Beltran will remember or be reminded of the money and he will start kissing a$$ again.

I hate Marino!!! I hope, hope, hope that he gets something really bad for all of his crap! At this point I don't think that he can be redeemed.
 

Great recap.
I also have trouble looking at Marino. Keep waiting for Rafa to punch him in the nose. Better yet would be for some or all of the women on the show to slap his face--remember a few weeks ago when Dandy got slapped and Marino said he knew how to avoid that.
 

Great recap. I am in Texas watching Dinero with my mami. To say the least, as funny as Pepeto's scenes were, I was a bit uncomfortable with my mom sitting next to me. Otherwise I would have been rolling.

As for Rafa and Angelica, I don't see them leaving quite yet. Rafa still has to sell the trucks that AutoSiglo is on the hook for repairs. It would certainly put a huge wrench in the negocio.
 

Judy, I just loved this recap! One of the best lines was "We know nasty stuff is in the wind, but luckily we get a breather. A heavy breather." LOL!

I don't think Rafa will tell Ale what's going on, because it just sounds so outlandish, and he has no real proof. If he says, Marino must have told Beltran, and Claudia told it to Marino, because Marco told it to Claudia, that just sounds silly to Ale, since she doesn't know about any of these connections. So I expect him to stay quiet for now.

I also hope something develops between Pepeto and Carmela. How else would he get her to talk about the hacienda, etc.? It would be terrible if he said no sex unless you tell me. But it'd be fine if they got to be pals, and she told him willingly. But of course then maybe he wouldn't want to tell Rafa and crew, for fear of betraying Carmela. Hmmm, I think I'm over analyzing this a bit.
 

Thank you once again Judy! You do a wonderful job on the recaps!

Unfortunately, ITA that Rafa probably won't say anything, and it is true that it would sound really crazy to Ale. Darn. I am hoping something comes out through Susana, though, because Ale asked her to get information out of Dandy, didn't she? So maybe at least some doubt can start to be planted.

Obviously I feel the same way about Marino that everyone else has expressed, but I also am beginning to really dislike Claudia. It is hard to understand her motives.

Pepeto already showed interest in an older woman - Rosaura - so maybe he does like mayorcitas!
 

Love the comments. I think the really funny fast-moving episode last night revived us. I was feeling rather cranky at the lugubrious pacing of the last few weeks.

Hombre, you ARE over-analyzing but that's great. What a complicated romance that would be if Pepeto actually falls for Carmela. Can't see it happening, but it's interesting to think about.
 

Charlotte Mommy. How wonderful that you were watching Dinero with YOUR Texas mommy. Is she a regular on the telenovela circuit? My mom, may she rest in peace, doesn't understand Spanish but she would have howled at that scene. As a farm girl from Kentucky, she had a pretty earthy sense of humor.

Although she was Hell on Wheels about us girls remaining virgins till marriage, she pretty much laid it out that marital love life was great. I remember thinking, I doubt the other moms are approaching it quite this way.
 

Kat and "R".....yes, Marino is the ultimate telenovela villain. No matter how good and God-fearing we are, we want to see this wretch go DOWN!

Carlos was noting on StuD that Rosendo is such a subtle villain, embodying both despicable and noble intentions. With Marino, no such luck.

And Claudia is acting like a self-serving, soulless skank at the moment. But I do believe she will be redeemed in the end. Harlot with a heart of gold.... eventually.
 

Ivy...I like that term "mayorcitas". Sure beats "senior citizens" or anything of that ilk. And who knows? maybe if Carmela got some loving on a regular basis, she's be a much nicer person.

Or not.
 

Yes it might make Carmela calm down a little. Pepeto did take control of the situation much more than Marco. Of course, he was the initiator in the first place, but telling her the story about his past girlfriend was brilliant! ITA that the disparaging comments about Carmela were uncalled-for, though.
 

Ivy, evidently women are fair game for insults and parodied behavior. Ditto for gays. Ditto for foreigners. I have to remind myself that these are comedies and not get all politically huffy about this stuff. But sometimes I'm rather shocked.
 

You're right, and overweight people, too - Trapito, and Janet. But, it's a different culture. :)
 

Thanks for the detailed recap, JudyB!

I agree with everything said so far, and I agree with you about Marino. Is it a bad thing that I want him to go down 80 times more than I do Marco? I mean, I still want Marco to go down nonetheless, but still...

If there's anything I've learned from watching novelas over the years, is that there is a LOT of foreshadowing going on, and Marian offering Rafa a job (and recently telling him to really think about it after being turned down) might actually come into play now that he's available. I still hope that doesn't happen and the Queen changes her mind soon.

Speaking of the Queen, what happened to her recent camera installations, made specifically to snoop upon her employees? I was really hoping that her appearance was to forgive Rafa and Ale, maybe she knew about all of the secret conversations in the conference room?
 

Eric, I was wondering about that, too. Hasn't the Queen been paying attention to her surveillance?
 

Judy, this recap and all your recaps are stellar and amusing....a heavy breather, ha, ha and many more.

Well, Pepito is a GOOD SALESMAN. But will he seal the deal with Carmela...I should think not, unless, as said, he does became a Carmela fan. Let's hope he can finagle(sp) some information out of her at least for his efforts.

Somehow Ale and Rafa have to be rehired at Siglo, I would think. That's where most of their friends and foes are.

GinCA
 

Yeah.... what's up with all the surveillance installations and she only once used it -- was it Jimenez that the queen caught napping at his desk or something like that?

All I know is that I'm pulling for some real romance for Carmela -- and tia Rosario also. Could Quintana have an actual change of heat?
 

I agree Gina, most of the show is centered around the place (Siglo). Maybe what the others said will happen, they will leave, do other things, maybe together or seperate, but they WILL be missed and so will the money that they bring in together and will eventually be asked/begged to come back. Here's hoping???
 

Good discussion folks. Hi Eric, GinCa etc. And thanks for reminding us about those surveillance cameras. Maybe THAT will be the hook that gets Ale and Rafa re-instated. Or we can go with Eric's forehadowing theory and head over to Marian's place for more bikini parties.

If you have time, go over to the StuD line and watch commenter Steve's Trail of Tears episode that he did for PBS. It is haunting. (But it is also long. Only if you have time.)
 

Of course the episode I happen to skip ends up being an interesting one! Someone will have to intervene on Ale and Rafa's behalf. What would the Siglo be without them?
 

Oh dear, Flores...you mean you didn't record it? I would hate for anyone to miss Pepeto's sales pitch. Maybe it's on youtube.

I'm not sure the aftermath scenes will be as good. But Pepeto's entry into Carmela's world, and the various reactions of the secretaries was really a gem.
 

I love it when different characters on this show meet others for the first time.

Dinero seems to be made up of several 'Sub-Shows', and the characters within those 'sub-shows' rarely interact with the others. For example, "The Car Salesmen" rarely interact with the "Marcos/Chavez Duet", nor does the "Salon Gossip Show" ever interact with just about anyone. To me, it seems like a cross-over when and if they ever meet.

Pepeto meeting Carmelo seems to be a prime example of this. Quite a silly observation, I know...
 

Whoops, I meant 'Carmela' on that last post.
 

Great observation Eric! It's also the reason why so many of these truths don't come out. Even when they're at the same bar, it usually happens at different times. That's why it seemed such a stroke of luck the one time Pepeto convinced Rafa to go to that sleazy club, and he saw Marco and Chavez there with the good time girls.
 

Not silly at all Eric. You are analyzing the threads of the seemingly disparate elements of this telenovela....and you are thinking like a writer:

How do we interweave all these characters and make it work?

While I've found a lot of the random scenes awkward, the intro of Pepeto into Carmela's life (and therefore Marcos') is smooth as silk. And soooo funny.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder