Thursday, September 30, 2010
LFMB Caps 27+28, 9/30/2010. This could be the start of something big.
1. Carolina will help manage the Benny event. She reproaches Fernando for putting Lety in the cave. Omar mocks Lety and Caro is not amused.
2. Luigi has a melt-down because the kids “decorated” the set design and the crew followed it.
3. Fernando tells Lety to register a company under her name. She’s shocked and scared. He says, “Do you think I’ll put you into problems?” It will start with 1M pesos ($80K USD). Lety asks, “Why me?”
4. Marcia reports to the parents what Ariel said – that Lety is displacing her.
5. Caro disapproves of them switching to video without telling Luigi. She tells Fernando to give Lety a proper office or her press release will reveal how he treats his assistant.
6. Lopez is shocked that Lety gets a 200% raise. See transcript: Fernando tries to move Lety into Olarte’s office, but she prefers to stay close to him.
7. The triumvirate reduces Benny event costs by getting cheaper substitutes for wardrobe, lights, etc.
8. Paula sashays up to Omar, but he takes Alicia home instead. Saimon tries to distract Paula out of compassion.
9. Omar is all over Alicia until she asks him to move in. Nope. He’s willing to pay her bills, but she’s not willing to be a kept woman. She needs someone at her side (to protect her from Ariel), or nothing. He says maybe in a month, and she lets him get back on task.
10. Tomás asks if Lety can invest the her company’s capital. Yes, she has free rein. Tom has a plan for investing in the market. Lety hires him to manage the capital. He warns her to be careful; they will use her company to protect Conceptos.
Fernando just told Lopez to move Lety into Olarte’s old office.
F: What’s wrong, Lety?
L: Don’t you want me to stay here with you?
F: No, I just want to improve your working conditions. Today I was criticized for putting you in that “hovel.” And I believe it’s only right that you have the kind of office you should have. With a window and circulation. What’s wrong, Lety? Don’t you want that new office?
L: No, Don Fernando. I don’t. But if you’re uncomfortable that I’m here, if you want more privacy, I’ll leave.
F: No, Lety, it’s not that. How can you be happy working in that hole? Doesn’t it seem dark, cold, dreadful? Don’t you want to move up?
L: No, señor. I feel good in my office. Maybe you haven’t noticed, but I’ve arranged it the way I like it. I brought in my personal things. The truth, Don Fernando.. I don’t want to be separated from you. If I take that office, I won’t be able to answer your personal calls, or take care of your things. If you need something you’ll have to call me. I won’t be right here. I would prefer.. to stay here. If that doesn’t bother you.
F: That’s fine, Lety. Get rid of those tears. It doesn’t bother me that you’re with me. I like that I can suddenly call, “LETY!” and you appear. Know what? You’re right. I would’ve missed you a lot.
L: Thank you, Don Fernando.
Cap 28 is the last of Chris Ferro's recaps. Bien hecho! Thank you, Chris. There was a gap in recaps until Julie restarted them in Cap 61. But when the series ended, Kim P wrote recaps to fill in the gap. Today we start Kim's Missing Recaps. There is actually a little overlap. Ferro and Kim both wrote recaps for #28.
Chris's original recap. Note, that recap covers Caps 27 and 28. The paragraph that begins, “It’s the morning of the big Benny Ibarra veeedeo” marks the beginning of Cap 28.
Kim's first recap.. That recap covers Caps 28 through 30-A. Stop at the section heading, "Missing Recap 2: Oh, it was just a massage."
1. Lety and Tomás register Filmo Imagen (FI). Her ex-boss is sure she’ll be successful. Tom asks if she fell in love with him TOO. Lety tries to deny, but Tomás lists all the evidence that she loves Fernando.
2. Fernando will wait until the last moment to show Luigi the inferior costumes and camera. Omar worries he’ll throw a big tantrum. Fern says, “He has to obey me. I’m the boss. I sign his check.”
3. Lety reports to Fernando that she established FI. He insists that she be the sole owner and that no one else know about it. Lety tries to explain that the law forbids sole ownership, but Caro and Magalay interrupt them.
4. Saimon pulls his “I’m the boss” gag with the dancers. Fernando stops him. Tomás brags to Roman that he’s managing investments.
5. Fern tells Lety that she can manage FI however she wants, as long as it’s stable. It’s there to protect Conceptos, not to make him rich.
6. Fernando tells Lopez that Lety will be in charge while the owners are in LA. The cuartel celebrates.
7. Luigi is upset about the inferior costumes. Marcia is mad because Fernando changed her order. Luigi sees that his new camera is not 35mm and he freaks out.
8. Lety tells Tom she lied to Fernando because he’d never agree to Tom being a shareholder of FI.
9. Fernando is beyond stressed. Caro gives him a back massage.
1. When will these malditasea double caps end? Those of you with a crystal ball on your TV, any hope in sight? Though I'm sure one day I'll wish they were doubling up. (Hint: it involves a horse.)
2. Lety didn’t bow nor ‘con permiso’ after Fern says she’ll own the shadow co. She has ascended into a higher social class, now that she is the owner of a million-peso company.
3. Lety asks Fern, "Why me? Aren’t there others you know better or trust more?" The fact is, no. Nobody is as loyal to him, and he values loyalty highly.
4. Did I understand Alicia correctly? Omar said she doesn’t need TV; she has him for entertainment. I think she answered that that entertainment only lasts five minutes.
5. In the comments at the end of Kim's first recap, I loved the last comment from Carrie L: Jaime is adorable but my heart still belongs to Don Fernando!
Fernando standing right behind him (Saimon) trying to do the General Zod from Superman II ...
On another note... there is very little involvement of the 'kids' in BLF... Aura Maria has a boy just like here, Sofia has her kids but they never or very seldom are at the company... so the kids here are definitely added for the comical relief...
I loved loved loved the cute conversation between Lety and Fernando that you translated. It was definitely the best interaction between them so far. It also may have been the first time she gave him a completely normal big grin without any twitches. Her smile was very pretty for the first time.
Saimon is a very good dancer.
On the subject of foreshadowing, I noted how Fernando's mom made some crack about Lety never being president unless she ended up buying the company. Well in this episode she already became the owner of her own company thanks to Don F.
Thanks Paula. You're right, this was a great episode.
Paula, thanks for your recaps and keeping this site going. The like the Spanish lesson for today showing that Lety definitely has a welcome place by Don Fernie's side...the indispensible right hand.
Sylvia, I don't like your crystal ball! Kick it a few times, and then see if it gives an answer I like better. Today's "Keep the Batcave" dialog was very warm. But for me, I like yesterday's "The Lety I Know" section even better. Good catch on the foreshadow!
Remember, all. Fea virgins (like Sylvia) are welcome to post any suspected foreshadows they spot. Fea veterans, come visit the Fea Foreshadows Twitter Page and post any you spot (to protect this board from spoilers).
I'm loving the warm interactions between Fernando and Lety during this Golden Age. Interesting trivia. Today when Fernando gave her the company, she was wearing the same dress as she wore in #15, the day Fernando promoted her to executive.
As I mentioned before, owning a million-peso company moves her into a higher social class. Watch and see if it changes the dynamics between her and the cuartel, Alicia & Marcia, Ariel, etc. Personally I believe it already changed her dynamic with Fernando. It was pretty bold of her to tell him she didn't want to leave his side. I'm not sure she would've done that, had she not ascended social class.
Lety getting the company will also move us into a new stage of Fea. One great thing about Fea is that there are distinct stages, and the whole landscape changes when we move to the next stage.
As Fern lists Lety’s duties when she’s in charge while he’s away, she momentarily walks in front of him, then corrects herself. She has NEVER walked in front of him before.
I just read Kim's recap, very funny indeed. Especially the part about wishing she were Fernando's desk.
early in the mornng of the 'veeedeocleeep': Fernando arrives and tells Juana to clean up around 6pm so the place is clean before the guests arrive... he had already criticized Paula Maria for her outfit... now he criticizes Juana for her flashy bracelets... and says something to the effect of her looking like a fortune teller at a fair (as in carnival or county fair)... well, she blubbers back '... fair is what you will have today'... (remember, she is a 'psychic / shell reader)
2nd moment.. Lety and tomas are at the registry and she refers to Fernando as her 'ex-jefe' (ex-boss).
3rd... this was just a funny moment. When the engineer arrives to do the commercial and she and Marcia run into Fernando and Omar and Lety, Lety excuses herself the usual way and bows, and Fernando bows back and once Lety leaves he tells (the engineer,forgot her name) that Lety is 'oriental', and he is just following her customs.
Cinerent = RagTela
lower quality video recording supplies (video tapes, editing supplies, etc) = lower quality clothing accessories (buttons, zippers, lace trims, sequins, etc)
let me point out that before the commission offer happened Fernando had already made the deal of buyin the video camera from CR, just like Armando in BLF had already done the deal of buying the lower quality (70%cotton 30% poly) fabrics from Ragtela... the 'commission' was about the 'supplies/accessories' part alone.
As far as what has happened recently like the commission temptation, the raise (in BLF she used to earn 440,000 pesos, which he raised to 1,000,000 pesos after taxes and fees, compared to in LFMB used to be min wage or about 4,000 pesos a month which he raised 200% so now she earns 12,000 pesos a month)
let me mention also that in BLF the total she would have potentially got out of the commission was $500,000 (US) and the first payment she would have received would have been $87,000, which is exactly what Armando put as initial investment on the new company = 160,000 pesos ... in LFMB Lety would have earned 200,000 pesos in the first deal and with a potential to earn 500,000 pesos which would roughly be $50-60K, a much lower amount than in BLF relatively speaking.
The pretty woman is Lety’s replacement at the bank she got fired after working there for a while (I think about a couple years)… as bright and efficient she was eventually she got fired for being ugly, which is what this other ‘pretty’ girl is rubbing in her face.
He leaves to go see what Carolina and Fernando want. Once he gets to the office, they talk stuff I don't get, but I think part of it has to do with the camera since Omar and Fernando are giving each other "significant looks".
Carolina was showing Luigi the summary of capabilities of Conceptos that she was going to distribute to the press and all the potential client guests they have for the video recording session. The issue Luigi was noting to her was that she was not mentioning in the page anything about the video being recorded in 35mm as compared to video tape. Thus, the concern from Fernando and Omar and Fernando changed the subject ASAP and took the paper off Luigi’s hands.
Lopez wants to know if he'll be in charge while Fern is gone, and Fernando tells him no, Lety will be in charge. The cuartel all scream (literally!) with happiness. Fernando tells Lopez his minute's up and leaves, and so does Lopez after squeaking his head as only Lopez can. The cuartel celebrate and Saimon dances.
It was funny how Fernando cut the celebration by the cuartel right away before they could get in trouble again for celebrating something he did for Lety.
owning a million-peso company moves her into a higher social class. Watch and see if it changes the dynamics between her and the cuartel, Alicia & Marcia, Ariel, etc. Personally I believe it already changed her dynamic with Fernando.
It is certainly an interesting situation for Lety. She and Fernando (and Tomas, of course) know what Fernando has given her… so she will be having some gears working in her head next time she hears Marcia, Ariel or anyone else say that she is a nobody/employee at the company, that she would never dream of progressing at work or socially… etc.etc.
So you all will notice how the camera focuses on Lety’s facial expressions when this type of ‘offensive remark’ happens again… The problem for Lety is she can’t really rebute right there to anyone since noone is supposed to know about this (yeah right like she has been able to obey Fernando's request of 'lets keep this between the three of us only')
and yes, I LOVED the 'i would like to be the desk' remark of Kim's... who wouldn't? and Fernando was facing down...
I have another "is that who I think it is?" question for you. The secretary that took Lety's place at the bank. Isn't she the same one who played Amanda on Los EX Perez?
Pata and Marta, I would've never made the connection between the banker's snotty scty and Amanda from LEP. But you're right - it's her, Paty Diaz.
The scty says things like, "Too bad you got fired for being ugly. But thanks. Now I have this job since you don't. Do you still get fired for being ugly?" Essentially, "you're a nobody and you'll alsways be a nobody, whereas I'm important." Exactly the same as Marcia, right? But in reality, Lety is there to set up the account for her own million peso company. She is in a much HIGHER position that the woman looking down on her. Again, very similar to the situation with Marcia.
So Tom asks Lety, why didn't you tell her what you've got? i.e. why didn't you tell her that you're above her? And Lety answers essentially, "That poor woman. She's only a lowly scty. Why should I make it even worse by telling her that I'm doing so well? I hope that one day she gets something better in life." So if that's Lety's attitude to the cruel scty, whose circumstance is so parallel to Marcia's, maybe we can assume that Lety wouldn't want to rub Marcia's nose in it either, regardless of how cruel Marcia is.
good point! not so much as Lety can't but Lety won't because if she does in either situation, the mudd can travel to Fernando eventually and screw up his plan to stay in the presidency... but I can see Lety laughing inside every time Marcia or Ariel and even patty would try to bring her down saying she is a nobody while they are 'owners' or in Alicia's case 'nobody who used to be married to a somebody and is now limited to somebody-used to be'.
yeah Fernando keeps telling Omar he has 3 girlfriends in the building: Lichita, PM and Luigi... and they keep referring to Luigi as their 'comadre' which is like your best friend (ladies who have been friends for long time and might be each other's children's godmothers)