Tuesday, October 12, 2010

La Fea Más Bella #43-44 10/12/10 Alicia loses both patrons.

Read Kim's original recap, the section called “Missing Recap 25: Goin' to Panew York.” Then come back here to discuss it.

Capitulo 43

1. Fernando says that he called Lety because Marcia had the guests and Omar is traveling. Marcia says, “Lety is your asst. for work. Don’t involve her in your personal life. That’s what I’m here for.”

2. Marcia says she’s free to go along to “New York” with Fernando, but he dodges that. He leaves for Panama. As a goodbye, all he gives her is an air kiss.

3. Fernando sends Saimon to bring back his car from last night. Saimon has to take the kids along. Coming back, he gets distracted by Jazmín and scrapes the car on the gate. Saimon’s terror continues through the cap.

4. Alicia throws a fit because Marta is wearing a duplicate dress. Marcia defends Marta – she has her husband’s income, and she doesn’t throw away dresses. Ali doesn’t even have an amante to maintain her, so she should stop complaining, live within her means, and drop her idiotic arrogance.

5. Ariel assigns Alicia to find out the name of the equipment vendor in NY. Alicia asks Marcia, so Marcia tells Lola to call his hotel. Lola finds out he’s not registered. Lety tells her not to tell Marcia; he’s with an amante.

6. Since Lety’s not in her office, Alicia searches her office for info about the vendor.


Capitulo 44

Read Kim's original recap, the section called “Missing Recap 26: Feinting Fit.” Then come back here to discuss it..

1. Lety catches Alicia spying. Alicia says Marcia requested the vendor’s name, but Lety says she doesn’t know. Lety tells Fernando what Marcia did, and that Marcia will call him at his hotel in NY. Fernando decides to return on the next flight.

2. Lots of blither about Saimon and Fernando’s car.

3. Fernando calls Marcia, angry because Alicia spied on Lety’s office. Marcia says Lety’s lying; she never told Alicia to do that. She’s sure Lety did it to provoke problems between her and Fernando.

4. Marcia accuses Lety. Marta I. wrote the transcript for this scene. See the Spanish Lesson below. Lety says Alicia told her that. Alicia claims it was for Marcia. Marcia yells at Ali for causing problems with Fernando.

5. Marcia tells Fernando that Lety didn’t lie, Alicia was snooping, but not under Marcia’s direction. She found a web site with rankings for vendors. She says she won’t defend Alicia; her relationship with Fern comes first.

6. Alicia feigns illness to avoid Fernando. He demands the phantom web site. Better yet, he says he will tell Ariel about the vendors directly, so Ali doesn’t have to invent web sites, poison Marcia’s mind, spy in his office, or sabotage Lety’s computer.

7. Fernando doesn’t notice the damage to his car. Per Fern’s orders, Omar takes Ali home. The cuartel suspects she’s pregnant.

8. Ali asks Ariel to find a web site she can show Fern. Ariel fires Ali as his spy. She’s lost two patrons in one day.


Spanish Lesson

Marcia vs. Lety; Marcia vs. Alicia
Thank you, Marta I, for transcribing this scene.

Mar: Sit down. Look, you have never been a saint of my devotion. But for Fernando, I agreed for you to continue in the company and you became his right hand (man/woman). But don’t confuse things. You can get into the work areas but in the personal matters. NO! What are you going after? (que pretende?) To destroy my relationship with Fernando?
Let: No, never that, Doña Marcia. I have always been very respectful of your relationship with Don Fernando.
Mar: That is not true! (standing up) I know you cover up for his calls, his visitors, you take his lovers out of here so I won’t see them. I have accepted so I don’t have major problems with him. But for you to make up intrigues, I won’t permit that!
Let: Forgive me, Doña Marcia, but I have not made up anything.
Mar: You told Fernando that you discovered Alicia in your office because I had sent her to dig through your things?
Let: Doña Marcia, I did not make that up. I caught Sra Alicia digging through my stuff.
Mar: But I did not send her.
Let: But she was there and she told me you had sent her because you needed the names of the NY vendors.
Mar: Ah.
Let: I swear it to you, Doña Marcia! You can ask her!

(Marcia comes out and yells at Alicia to come in her office)
Ali: What is it, Marcia?
Mar: Don’t even sit down! Did you go in Leticia’s office to dig in there? Did you tell her that I sent you there to find information? Tell me the truth!
Ali: But Marcia! We had agreed that we needed to know who those vendors were!
Mar: But at no time did I order you to dig in Leticia’s office! At no time! I had already talked to her and she told me she did not know anything. What did you go there for?
Ali: But Marcia, since she always hides information!
Mar: Fernando just called me, transformed into a panther, I had a huge argument with him as I have not had in a long time! You can go, Leticia.
Let: Yes, ma’am. And forgive the misunderstanding.
Ali: Witch! Ay, the first thing I warned you about was the first thing you did! Are you happy with the scandal?
Let: But I didn’t do anything, Doña Alicia. Isn’t that right, Doña Marcia, that you called me in to clarify for you.
Ali: Aha, aha, yes, yes. But it is because you told Fernando and he of course had to call to…
Mar: Enough, Alicia. You have to pay for this stupidity.
Let: Can I go, Doña Marcia?
Mar: Yes, I already told you to, Leticia.

Mar: You know that she tells all to Fernando! If you know her ability to create traumas, how could you go in her office to dig in her stuff? You served yourself to her in a silver platter, Alicia! You jumped into the broiler! So don’t criticize her or blame her. She is that way.
Ali: Ay, Marcia, but you have to…
Mar: I don’t want to hear you! How did you dare say that I sent you to spy on her? Fernando feels like strangling me. I just insulted that woman to defend you. And now I want to know, what is your interest in the darn vendors! It is beginning to seem too strange to me, Alicia.
Ali: Marcia, I only wanted to help you! And…
Mar: I will ask you a favor. Don’t help me anymore. My life was going fine until I began to have your collaboration.

Labels:


Comments:
Notice that Paula’s clothing style has changed since her “date” with Lopez? We haven’t seen her middriff since then, and they’re not as low cut. But Ali’s in a new dress style too - deep plunging neckline instead of a horizontal line (I don’t know a better word for her previous style).

Another clothing thing. Both Marcia and Ariel have a picture on their desks, of the three Villoreal hermanos. They are in the clothing they wore when they went to Fernando’s house, as if they took the picture “last night.” But those pictures have been on their desks since early in the series! Twilight Zone!

Luigi has taken to saying, “Oh, My Dior” as a play on Diós / Dior.

Marcia has had enough of Alicia. I suspect that the last straw was when Alicia was offended that Marcia asked her to pay back the “loan.”
 

Marcia has had enough of Alicia. I suspect that the last straw was when Alicia was offended that Marcia asked her to pay back the “loan.”
hmmm! you might be onto something there Paula!! since Alicia was disrespectful to Marcia about the 'loan', taking her for granted, and now in these eps she gets Marcia in the middle of a major disagreement with Fernando because Alicia assumed marcia would follow her lead to 'crush' Lety, Marcia removes her 'protection' from Alicia.
 

Haven't had a chance to watch this yet, Paula. A non-stop day. But will get to it later.
 

Marcia may be fed up with Ali but Alicia is so thick she'll never notice. She is one of those people who lets insults go over her head and simply isn't capable of thinking anyone would dump her as a friend. In any event Marcia doesn't exactly have a boatload of friends either.
 

I like Marcia. I can identify with her relationship with Alicia and how frustrated and annoyed she's getting. Marcia seems like a reasonably nice person (delusional and lacking self esteem in her relationship with Fernando, but that's another story), and is generous and willing to help out a friend who's truly in need, but she hates being taken for granted and dealing with Alicia's outsized sense of entitlement. I have known people like Alicia and they are such a drag. Like, just because I'm a giving person doesn't mean it's okay for you to TAKE what's not offered.
 

For Marcia and Alicia, this spying was BEYOND the last straw because it jeopardized her wedding. I’ve said the patron / client concept helps you understand Fea better. Reminder: the primary duty of a patron is to protect and provide for his clients. The primary duty of a client is to support his patron. See more details here: Cap 1 & 2, responses.

Marcia tells Ali, “Don’t do me any more favors,” in other words don’t support me; I don’t want you to be my client anymore. And she tells Fernando that she’s not going to protect Alicia, IOW she has officially quit as Ali’s patron. An important detail: she’s not talking about friendship! She tells Fernando, “Alicia is my friend (present), I got her the job (past), and I had protected her (past).” So she IS Ali’s friend, and she WAS her patron.

Marcia did the same thing to Olarte. Back then, Ali asked Marcia why she didn’t defend Olarte; Ali expected Marcia to defend her client. Marcia said she saw it could’ve jeopardized her marriage. When her marriage is threatened, she abandons her client. BTW, when Alicia saw that Marcia abandoned Olarte, Ali found another patron – Ariel.
 

One thing about Marcia, as discussed, is that she is a good friend to Alicia. As with marriages, things don't always go well, there are differences of opinions but you take the good with the bad. But, as mentioned, she will choose Fern over Alicia anytime so Alicia better watch it and be a friend to Marcia.

Paula, with my Spanish, the part about Alicia looking for a website with a list of ranking for vendors went over my head. Thanks for the details.

I was hoping they'd have a little review on what happened at the end of yesterday's episode, so my hubby could see Fern as Queen of the Night, but they just picked up where they left off yesterday. Bummer.

Thanks again, Paula and Marta.

GinCA
 

GinC, here are a few YouTube clips of Princess Lily.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrfS6X0H-A0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4GqPW7Lwyg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrhG2PepCjE

Check the related videos of the third clip. I think it's the first in a series.

Don't feel bad that you missed the Alicia/web page reference. I'm pretty sure the first reference to it was cut out. I kinda' had to figure out what was missing.
 

Thanks Paula. I just finished watching these two episodes. I thought the scene where Lety caught Alicia in her office was pretty funny. Still get bored with all the cartel antics but there were some funny Simon scenes.

I agree with you about ALicia Julia, she really is a drag on poor Marcia.
 

I think it's hilarious that Marta keeps wearing the sames clothes as Alicia. She doesn't look nearly as sexy as Alicia but she acts like she does. This I like very much. Go Marta!
 

Thanks, Paula, I'll see what my hubby thinks of Princess Lily and those calves.

GinCA
 

this was just after the spanish lesson scene...

(Lety was telling the cuartel about what happened, out comes Alicia…)
Ali: Apparently the whole company found out already, right?
Marta: NO, not the whole company, only us. But don’t worry. In half an hour everyone will find out.

(saimon comes in and the cuartel tell Lety not to believe anything he says…)
Lola: In order to get you to do what he wants, he is capable of bringing you flowers, a serenade or even tell you that you are the most beautiful woman he has ever seen!
Let: Jijiji… not that!..
 

what made the 'twin dresses' scenes even funnier in BLF was that Bertha (Marta here) had a similar haircut as Patricia (Alicia) even though Patricia had her hair dyed golden blonde and Bertha had it dark brown... but Bertha would pose exactly like Patricia and even swing her upper body and hair at unison with Patricia ... which is where Armando(Fernando) lost it at the first twin dresses instance.
 

Fantastic, Marta! Thank you so much! I had a lot of trouble understanding Marcia when she was talking to Alicia because she was angry and talking fast.

Her comment to Lety: "you take his lovers out of here so I won’t see them. I have accepted it so I don’t have major problems with him."

How pathetic! Like, the fact that her fiancee has lovers (plural!) is not a major problem?
 

here is another noticeable difference with BLF, and where they made LFMB much more lighthearted and easier to watch... in BLF Armando would get really mad at Bertha for eating out inthe open areas in the office, whereas in LFMB Fernando even eats out of Marta's chips bags ... I found that too funny that he would come down to Marta's level and share her potato chips.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder