Monday, October 18, 2010

La Fea Más Bella #49-50 10/18/10 The Attorneys.

Read Kim's original recap, the section called “Missing Recap 31: Less of Martha to love.” Then come back here to discuss it.

Capitulo 49

1. Omar refers Lety to an attorney for the embargo. Sixth-sense Caro says Alicia doesn’t seem pregnant. Jazmín wants to dance in the event, but she’s a second-string model, not a dancer.

2. Omar gives Alicia a big check for the pregnancy. She claims her baby needs HIM, not his money, but she keeps the check.

3. The kids make a mess in Wardrobe. Juana’s neice tells Saimon he has a good heart but the woman he wants ignores him. She tells Lola to put five apples under her bed to get rid of bad energy.

4. 18:10-19:15 Caro wonders why Lety’s not in the production meeting since they need her data. Marcia invites Lety to stay. See the transcript. (requested fm Marta)

5. Marta returns, post-lipo. Lopez even flirts with her.

6. Lety leaves to meet the attorney. Fernando warns her to make sure Conceptos stays in her hands (why does he say that?). Fern asks Omar if this attorney is reputable, not like the Panama contacts. Otherwise they could have even worse problems. Omar tells him not to worry; “It’ll be like a blessing from heaven.”

7. Fatima greets Fernando way too affectionately and Marcia puts her on the blacklist. Irmita counsels Lola to fix her attitude.

8. The Happy Hour Attorneys (abbreviated HaHA’s), Sanchez and Rosales, agree that they haven’t had a case in ages. Lety tells them she doesn’t want to keep Conceptos and she doesn’t want to sell it off. The embargo will be a precaution so the company will stay intact until they pay their debt.


Capitulo 50

Read Kim's original recap, the section called “Missing Recap 32: Lien on Conceptos when feeling loanly.” Then come back here to discuss it..

1. Marcia asks whether there are problems with the bank, and Fernando says they’re just a little short on cash because of the launch expenses. She gives her universal solution, “Follow me to the bedroom,” but he wipes away her kiss. Her solution doesn’t work – he still can’t sleep.

2. Lety tells the HaHAs to file the demand tomorrow morning. They want a payment advance so they can pay the bar tab. Lety reminds Tom that Conceptos will not be in their possession, only liened.

3. Saimon tells Jazmín he’ll get Luigi to let her dance.

4. The cuartel sees Alicia at the gym. Paula suspects she’s not pregnant because she’s exercising. Sara wants to tell Omar. Juana says they need proof. Marta discovers that Alicia did not get a blood test when she was hired. Later Lopez tells Ali she needs one. She’s afraid of needles.

5. The lien was published in the public record, so the banks start calling. The HaHAs have registered the demand. Sanchez tells Tomás that an agent will inventory Conceptos as part of the Demand. Ariel’s secretary reminds him that the Public Record site was updated, but Ariel’s too worried about paternity too check the site.

6. Tom brings the demand and tells Lety about the looming inventory. She panics that someone will discover the embargo. Tom tells her that with the demand, she can end up in the president’s chair, ordering Fernando around.

7. Seeing Marcia fills Fernando with guilt for what he’s done with her inheritance. He even ducks her air kiss. Omar tells him to buck up; what he needs most in this crisis is to be strong. Omar fears Tom knows about the embargo. He warns Fern to be nicer to Lety since she now owns Conceptos.

8. 46:25-47:45 Fernando goes to Lety’s office. He worries about carrying so much responsibility in this crisis. See transcript. Lety assures him that his company is in good hands. He leans in to kiss her.

Tune in tomorrow, for some very funny little scenes.
Good news! We get new exit music!
I’m going to try to include a “Tune in tomorrow” section when I can. I’ll be careful about spoilers. What if I say things like, “Somebody is in for a big shock tomorrow,” or, “Important plot twist tomorrow”? Is that too much of a spoiler? Fea virgins, please give me your HONEST opinion. (Those were just examples. They do not refer to Tuesday’s shows.)



Spanish Lesson

Cap 49. In the production meeting. I have asked Marta to write this up. She will probably post it Tuesday morning.

Cap 50. Lety’s office. Your company is in good hands.

F: Lety, store these papers carefully. Take them home and put them in a secure place. Nobody can see them, understand? My life is in those papers. Lety, you can understand, perhaps better than anyone, that this is the most important decision I’ve made in my life. It doesn’t just affect me, but also the lives of others. What’s at stake is not just my future, but that of many people. My family, the Villareals, the employees, my employees. I’m sure you understand that it’s not easy for me, obviously.
L: I know that it’s very delicate and I understand the magnitude of the problem.
F: I ask you to understand me. I’m going to be very alterado (upset / changed). We can expect very difficult days ahead, maybe even months. Everything is at stake here. They gave me a company. And look what happened in just a few months. I’m losing, Lety. … You’re going to be late. We need to go.
L: Don Fernando.. I know you gave me your company. The company of your family. But I want to say something. Your company is in good hands.
F: I know that, Lety.

Labels:


Comments:
Someone with a crystal ball, any hope that they'll cut back to 1 hour per day? PLEASE say yes! Even if you have to lie! (jiji)

There is an mammoth change in Fernando’s interaction with Lety after the demand is in his hands.
* He goes to her office instead of yelling for her.
* He even straightens his jacket and knocks on her door.
* He’s more honest with her than he is with anyone, even Omar.
* He bares himself to her.
* The bluster is gone. He admits that he’s losing.
 

Thanks so much Paula! Didn't the show originally run longer than an hour in Mexico? I seem to remember something like that but I could be wrong. I wish they would cut it back to an hour, it's hard to sit for the double and I'm not anxious to rush to the end of the series.
I recorded the dance show last night where Camil mentioned to look for a surprise but my recording cut out before the end. Did he appear?

Carrie L.
 

No Carrie, you didn't miss anything. The surprise was that Niurka threw a tantrum and quit. Big surprise.
 

Over the weekend, Sylvia compared Omar's and Saimon's reactions to fatherhood, but said they were like apples and oranges. I realized Fea is full of apples and oranges! People who seem alike but they're different, like Fernando and Omar. And people who seem different but they're alike, such as Lety and Alicia, or Fernando and Erasmo. Can anybody suggest others?

Then I realized Conceptos has a whole fruit basket of fruits and nuts!!!
Prickly pear: Marcia
Fresa*: Alicia
Fruit: Luigi
Nut: Saimon
Prune: Lola
Sour apple: Ariel
Banana: Omar
Melons: Paula

I couldn't come up with good ones for our stars. Here's the best I could think of. Any better ideas?
Peach: Lety
Golden apple: Fernando

* Fresa means strawberry. But it's also kinda' the opposite of a naco. A fresa is rich, beautiful, and high social class, but brainless and superficial, something like a Valley Girl. Alicia is the quintessential fresa.
 

I'd make Fernando a mango, just because I think they're so much tastier than apples. Kind of a mess, though...well, that's Fernie.

Durian: Tomás? Initially unappealing, but sweet once you get to know him.

The banana and melons made me laugh the most. So funny.
 

Thanks Paula for your continued work. I will admitt I get a little bored when they have so much cartel and today with the kids I wasn't paying close attention.

I did enjoy Lety and Thomas meeting with the lawyers. They are pretty funny. I really like the actor who is playing Sanchez.

I also thought it was fun when Marcia finally gave in and let Lety stay in the meeting.

So thanks again Paula and thanks to kim for the orginal recaps.
 

Well, I learned something new. That Televisa Red shade of hair dye is actually called Extreme Tangerine, at least by Garnier Nutrisse. More fruitiness. I should learn to be more like Luigi; it would be good for my self-esteem or something. Throughout the day, I'm going to say to myself, "Julia, you are SUCH a genius! Me encantas!"
 

Yikes! I think we're coming up to where my recaps begin... I am dreading it. My early recaps were so bad! Ah well, at least we'll have a chance to clarify things now.

I'm still catching up on all the recaps and comments from the last week or so...

Did Omar ever explain how he knew these lawyers? I mean, seriously, where did he dig these guys up??
 

Paula, a little fix up on the last lines of your transcript...
F: I ask you to understand me. I’m going to be very alterado (I would say this is 'anxious' or 'irritable' but thats just MHO). We can expect very difficult days ahead, maybe even months. Everything is at stake here. They gave me a company. And look what happened in just a few months. I’m losing it (the company), Lety. … We’re going to be late. We need to go.

my spanish lesson coming up
 

spanish lesson for 49-50 part I

Marcia: No, Fernando! Don’t argue that with me! I also alerted you that we needed those advance payments. But you never listen to what I tell you, I don’t know what world you are in…
Fer: LETY!!!!
Caro: Hey, excuse me for interferring but… if Lety manages costs and budgets, wouldn’t it be better for her to be HERE?...instead of us calling her with so much shouting all the time?
Fer: Know what, Carolina? Excellent Idea! The problem is that my fiancee, this Miss, cannot stand to share the table with her… And that Fleur de Luv from Paradise over there cannot get close to her either without his… zzzzzz… protecting shield!
Let(comes in stumbling): Yes, Don Fernando!
Fer: Did you already check the budgets? Do we have money to make the advance payments?
Let: Yes, sir! Dona Marcia alerted us that we needed to pay them and the money is available.
Fer: See? See?
Let: Excuse me, Don Fernando.
Fer: Propio.
Marcia: Lety!!
Let: Yes, Dona Marcia!
Marcia: Stay for the meeting.
(Fer is bowing to the Gods in thankfulness)
Fer: Sit down, Lety, please. (to Marcia) In Neurotics Anonymous this is a great leap forward, my love. Congratulations.

… Luigi: (using his pad to shield him from the sight of Lety) But we have to pay for my dancers! (to Lety) I know it hurts! But We have to pay for Beauty! Because beauty is not free!
Let: Yes, Don Luigi, We know. That payment is scheduled for 30 days after the event..
Luig: ..30 days? … Oh Dior!! No! I don’t accept that! We have always paid them immediately! But look… look who is in charge to pay the beauties!
Let: (knock knock on his pad) Don Luigi, them have to consider that in other places they don’t get paid until 60 or 90 days after the event.
Luigi: Now it turns out this one (lety) is an expert!
Fer: Forgive me Luigi, but lety is right! And if any dancer does not like that she should let us know so we can get a replacement.

Caro: Fernando, you still have your asistant in those subhuman conditions?
Fer: I offered another office, Carolina! And she did not want to go! It was her decision! So I am not the human predator that you think. It is not my fault if she is comfortable there!
Omar: Don’t worry, Caro. She is ugly. And came to this world to suffer.
Caro: To this world or to this office?

Lety: Tell me, Don Fernando!
Fer: Vital space, Lety.
Just after Lety handed the ‘suit’ that Tomas brought her to Fernando…
Omar: Fernandito, be careful how you give her orders. I would suggest you are a bit more gentle because with these papers… that little monster is, from today on, the owner of Conceptos.
 

Omar: You have not told us anything about the lawyer. Did he seem discreet or suspect anything about these movements? Did he relate you to Conceptos?....
Let: (tells them the lawyer was surprised about the total of the suit and asked for 10% of the total suit at first…)
Fer: THE 10 %??

Omar: Did they guarantee us the most discretion?
Let: Well, for now yes. But there is a little problem. Any moment a representative of the court will come to Conceptos to make an inventory of the company’s assets.
Fer: What?...Lety!! That was not the deal!
Let: I know, Don Fer, but it was impossible to avoid it! Neither us nor the lawyer can avoid it! That is a matter of the public agency and we can’t do anything!
Fer: And when are they coming?
Let: We don’t know.

Fer: Know what we have today at Conceptos?
Let: Yes, I know. I am so sorry but it is out of my control. I am sorry, Don Fernando. Excuse me.
Omar: Brother, she is right, she cannot avoid it. The most serious thing here is that you cannot mistreat her or yell at her.
Fer: I am tired of your paranoia of not mistreating her or yelling at her. I know already! Know the days that are awaiting us?
Omar: Yes, and it is getting late for you. (pushes Fernando to go ahead to the banks) And don’t yell at her, Fernandito!
Fer: I already told you I won’t yell at her!
 

I would say Lety is like a kiwi, ugly outside but sweet and hopeful (green) inside.
 

Good call on the kiwi - it's also a bit hairy!
 

Pata, feel free to ignore everything with the kids. I'll post the rare moments when they say something meaningful (e.g. that Jaimito wants Saimon for his dad). It's generally blither.

Fernando as a mango,
Tomás as a durian,
Lety as a hairy kiwi.
I love it! Every Mexican I know loves mangos, and half of Mexico (the half that sits down to pee) fell in love with Don Fernando. (Actually I know a Mexican immigrant who doesn't like mangos, he doesn't like spicy food, he doesn't dance, he doesn't like banda, and he doesn't flirt with girls. I suspect that he's not really a Mexican. Maybe a Brit in disguise!)

Julie, I think Omar said his friend recommended the HaHAs. I checked your old recaps. The astounding thing is how incredibly fast your Spanish improved. In less than two weeks you were cruising! Proof positive: recapping improves your Spanish. So gentle readers, think about taking the plunge. Eva Luna needs recappers.

Marta, thank you for the Spanish lesson!
 

Oh darn, I'm allergic to mangos. (Did you know they are related to poison oak?) On the other hand, when offered mango I always say, "no thank you, I prefer to eat it with my eyes", and yep, I sure do that with Jaime Camil. So a mango he is!
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder