Thursday, April 28, 2011

Cuando Me Enamoro #6 Wednesday 4/27/11 How to loose your life in 2 (so far) episodes and how to loose a date in 2 tries…

[Posted for Martaivett]

We get a repeat scene of Roberta at the cell phone store getting another cell phone. She is still in a hurry to speak to Rafael, insisting last night phone was just perfect.
Fina is driving to airport, remembering how she drowned Roberta’s cell phone and then put it back on her night table.

‘There is no way back now… I ended up killing your boyfriend… as I killed your dad.’

(remembers pushing Roberto through glass window)

 
Matias is impressed at the latest technology and organization at the company… Gonzalo hopes he will be just as proud to work there as we all are… Matias says I already am.

Gonzalo introduces Matias to Adriana, Renata’s right hand assistant… Adriana is obviously attracted to Matias immediately.

Jeronimo leaves Regina’s charity place not before witnessing her receiving roses from Antonio. The card appologizes for his demeanor last night, he tells her in the card that she should forgive herself for having loved so deeply… he loves her.

Roberta gets home and opens her new cell phone, calls Rafael but only gets his voice mail.

Meanwhile said almost-dead man's cell phone is receiving a voice mail message from Hero, who is excited to let him know that the company he worked for belongs to the family of one of his dearest friends.

Poor almost-dead-man is reaching for his cell phone which is about 3 feet away, but it’s a case of ‘so close and yet so far’… (why doesn’t he yell for someone to come help him???)


Constanza comes to Matias new office to welcome him for the Nth time… She mentions to him that at the new charity place she found she met Hero… ‘el profe’.

Gonzalo comes in at the middle of the conversation and asks if it is the same guy Matias had told him. Turns out Hero was indeed a hero to Matias, helped him when he got mugged on the street… Matias tells Gonzalo that seems like Hero will be in Mex at least for quite a while. Gonzalo wants Matias to invite him over, want to thank him personally for what he did for Matias.


Gonzalo wants the whole family to go out for lunch to celebrate Matias arrival at the company. Gonzalo asks Matias if he doesn’t mind if he invites Witch-ina. No prob.

Regina and her friend are looking at info and photos of the Monterrubio company online (they want to see what Matias looks like, aren't these ladies a bit old for him anyway?) and Regina mentions that for the charity dinner event they will invite the whole Monterrubio family…


Gonzalo calls Witch-ina and she is still driving to airport so she comes up with the excuse that she is meeting some friends for lunch already.. Gonzalo does not insist.

Matias tells Gonzalo he is feeling more welcome and comfortable than he expected. Gonzalo says he is just getting all the love they all reserved for him.


Adriana comes back to Renata’s office and Renata notices Adriana was particularly impressed with Matias. They all gather together to go to lunch… they invite Adriana but she says have too much work. As she walks out past Adriana, Renata calls her ‘party pooper’… Adriana thinks to herself she cannot fall for Matias…


At the airport Witch-ina is only over an hour late for her flight back to Mex City. The airline lady says there is only another flight back today but its got two layovers. Fina is not happy but seems she has no choice.


The receptionist at the company reaches Roberta on phone but Roberta passes on joining the family for lunch. She is anxious. She tells herself that everything has to turn out right. She tries reaching Rafael but only gets his voice mail. She gets even more anxious.


Back at town… doctor Alvaro is seeing some patients… Aparently Alvaro is very generous, lets the patient go without paying for the consult or for the medication. Agustin comes to visit and to invite Alvaro to go celebrate together the deal with Rafael. Agustin says went to La Bonita to find Rafael but Alvaro tells him he went to Mexico to get his brother. Will come back tomorrow. Agustin is surprised Rafa has a brother. Alvaro says from what have heard he is an important man who has lived the last few years in Europe. Agustin points out that he doesn’t hope the brother get involved in the deals with Rafael, he only wants to deal with Rafael… Agustin convinces Alvaro to go celebrate. Tells assistant to call him at Agustin’s hacienda if anything comes up.


Witch-ina is at airport restaurant… remembers when she was copying writing from one paper to another (possibly trying to copy the handwriting of someone).. she is visibly worried… then remembers when she recorded the conversation between Roberta and her friend, and when she shot Rafael… She asks waiter for paper and pen.



At the celebration in the Mex City restaurant, Gonzalo notes the absence of Fina and Roberta… and gets cheesy on Matias telling him how proud he is of Matias making a great business man of himself… Misses the years missed of love and interaction, but is proud that his company now has someone to lead it on… names him Commercial/Marketing VP… Renata is excited to celebrate his appointment… Matias is happy too…



At La Bonita, the almost-dead man is still kicking, reaches his phone but has no strength to call (if he could call, seems the phone is in pieces on the floor)



At airport, Witch-ina is entering a post office in-house (perhaps to mail the letter she was working on) notices her blouse is stained in blood… runs to buy another top.



Regina I and Hero are meeting for coffee and wine (interesting combination)… Regina tells him about Antonio’s flowers and shows him the note… He agrees with Antonio that she should give herself another chance… this woman is beginning to tire me with her constant martyr pittiful me attitude… She tells him she wants to forgive herself and move on… Hero says she was and is the best mom in the world and she should give herself a chance… let go the shell, allow yourself to love again… if it works, great, but at least try…



Witch-ina is making a whole ceremony in the ladies room to just get rid of her stained blouse… (washes it in sink, watching over her shoulder and gripping her teeth when a woman comes in… then puts it in a plastic bag and throws it in the trash…)



The priest of town and Lazaro and his sister meet… the priest needs to talk to Rafa asap… The others are surprised Rafa was planning to marry in town chapel next Sunday. They are taken aback. Padre says he feels Rafa is rushing it. Now she understands why Rafa wanted to fill the house with flowers. Padre asks them to let him know when Rafa is back from Mex City. Lazaro pokes his sis, don’t tell Rafa (that they know about his wedding plans).



Back at the celebration lunch… we learn that Constanza’s husband and Gonzalo each had their own companies but when Constanza married him they merged the companies… Matias states that that combination was DA BOMB!! But Gonzalo states that Matias is more prepared/educated than when they started out, and he wants to toast for the new Monterrubio generation. Renata notices its already night and she has to bail out first because she has a commitment… Matias walks her out.


At La Bonita, Lazaro and sister finally make it back. She notes that Agustin left a note for Rafael… Lazaro reprimends her for saying that el Patron had to tell them about his plans… She grabs some of the flowers and heads to Rafa’s room… When she goes in and turns the light on… SURPRISE!!! AAARRRGGGHHH!!!


Renata arrives (nice BMW 325i)… as she gets out of the car and heads to the restaurant two guys follow her and begin to harass her… she hurries up the pace and sees Hero… ‘My love, I am so glad you are here!’… and plants a kiss on him..


Back to La Bonita, The girl yells for her brother… She sends Lazaro for the doctor.



Back to the kiss… Renata again appologizes and when she pulls back she realizes he is the same guy…

R: Forgive me, ok? … really… you are the guy I fell over at the airport, right?

H: The one and only. (they both laugh)

R: Forgive me, please!!

H: No, but why? First you run me over at the airport and now you give me a kiss… how wonderful! Welcome to Mexico!

R: No! It was just that two guys were following me, I thought they were going to mug me, and the first thing I thought of was to make it seem you were my boyfriend so…

H: Ah now I am your boyfriend? Good! Its going very good!

R: No, well, I did it so they would believe that I wasn’t alone… forgive me!

H: It was a true pleasure…

R: Forgive me..

(he taps around his jacket…, she is stepping away…)

H: Ay… wait… wait… it was great the kiss and all but… give me my wallet back…

R: What?

H: Give me back my wallet… Surely you were following me at the airport…then later everything…

R: (she is not happy anymore) Lets see… hold on a sec. I was not following me and certainly did not take your wallet. What are you talking about? What is wrong with you?

H: Good strategy...(by now he is grabbing on to her arm to not let her run away) Airport, kiss, incredible story and then you steal my wallet.

R: You are crazy!...(again tries to walk away…) Listen!!...

H: (grabs her and turns her around) Give me back my wallet. IF not I wont let you go.

(she gives him a killer piercing stare)

R: Let go of me.

H: Lets see, if you don’t give me back my wallet, I will call the police…

R: DO IT but RIGHT NOW!! Call the police right at this moment to see if I really stole your wallet. Who do you think you are??

H: You were following me at the airport! I am sure of it!

R: I was not following you anywhere!!

H: Then why did you take my wallet??

R: I don’t look like a burglar! Forgive me but I am NOT

H: You don’t look like a burglar but you are… Very pretty by the way…

R: POLICE!!! !POLICE!!!!

(the driver that brought Hero there comes to give him his wallet, he forgot it in the car… Hero is very embarrassed…

R: Your wallet!... see??

H: Forgive me!!! Forgive me… You don’t know how sorry I am for making you go through a hard time… How do I go about remedying it?

R: (killer stare) First, move away… Take a distance… and dissappear. I don’t want to see you ever again. I am no burglar!

H: Of course you are!

R: What?

H: You just stole a kiss from me. No? … another!...

R: (floored) What?

H: Give me another kiss!...

(she just walks away mad, he stays there hands together as in wondering if he just let a great chance slip by… or maybe still embarrassed and mad at himself)


At Dr Alvaro’s office, Lazaro reaches his assistant… he asks her to contact the Dr immediately to come to La Bonita.


Matilde is really upset, the patron cannot die!..


Regina comes to see Antonio, came to thank him for the flowers…


Matias tells Gonzalo that Renata went to meet some guy called Rafael… Gonzalo is very surprised that she would go to meet Rafael Gutierrez, just the other day she denied to him that she had any relationship with him.


At restaurant, Renata and Hero are sitting at separate tables. Waiter comes to Renata telling her Hero wants to invite her to a wine or any drink she likes… She rejects it… Waiter tells Hero and Hero takes things in his own hands… comes over to Renata’s table and invites himself to sit with her, she is visibly still mad at him… (who wouldn’t be?)

R: Lets do this. Lets make believe nothing happened…

H: Then lets sit and wait at least for the person you are waiting for.

R: Yes I am waiting for… my boyfriend… And I don’t think he would like to find you sitting at my table.so leave.

H: No, it would be expected that a beautiful woman like you would have company. Can I ask what is your name?

R: Adriana.

H: Adriana… Jeronimo Linares. (shake hands, she is softening up…)


At La Bonita, Matilde and another girl are attending to Rafael. They think he was cleaning or playing with the gun and it shot by accident. Lazaro will run personally to Don Agustin’s hacienda to get the doctor.


At Antonio’s Regina tells him he has made her aware of this guilt load she has carried for so long. Antonio says everyone is responsible for their own happines… She has decided to take a chance and open her heart… as a woman… She is not sure it will work out, don’t want to hurt you… Antonio says just giving him the chance to be with her and love her is enough… She insists she has not been with anyone for many years, be patient with me… (CS memories anyone?) … She thanks him… he is very understanding with her… but will be honest. I don’t love you. I love spending time with you but… Antonio says he will take care of winning her heart…


Roberta is putting her suitcase in the car… not sure what 5 inch heels will do at La Bonita… but… its her problem… she keeps trying to reach him on cell… thinks if he left in the morning flight he should be here now, if he did not leave till night flight, he should have called her. Rafael, what is happening?


Back at restaurant…

H: You finished your glass and your boyfriend is not here… so I came to rescue you and brought you another one…

R: As it looks, your company did not show up either.

H: Nope, but he won’t be long.. were you able to contact your boyfriend?

R: No, but everything is fine.

H: Know what I was just thinking?... that we will have to see each other again.

R: (again floored) what?

H: Yes.

R: I still say you are crazy. I don’t have the least intention to see you again ever again!

H: Maybe you will change your mind if … if you find out I have something of yours.

R: (figures it out) I knew it!... you have my quartz stone and my bracelet. Right? You have them!

H: (nods yes smiling/laughing)

R: (elated) So happy to get them back!! Thank you!!

H: There is just one little problem. I don’t have them here so you will have to accept an invitation of mine to see you again. I mean, to bring you your quartz and your bracelet!

R: Hmmm! You are inviting me out?

H: Maybe your boyfriend will stop being it because it is a true disrespect to stand up a beautiful girlfriend like you. What do you say?

R: (playful) What do I say?

H: Yes… Adriana?

R: That… I prefer to lose my bracelet and my quartz before I go out with you.

(she stands to leave, he jumps to stop her, realizes he grabbed her arm and pulls back again with embarrassed face)

H: Adriana!... Adriana…

R: Let it not be that now I will steal your watch… or maybe your wallet again.

H: OR perhaps you will steal another kiss…

R: Until never, baboso!! (jerk)



At Agustin’s hacienda, called Cruz de Amor… the assistant med reaches Alvaro, but he is totally wasted in alcohol… he is very slow reacting to her urgent message… go to La Bonita right away… he gets dizzy when he stands up, Agustin comes over, Alvaro is telling Agustin about the message from La Bonita when Lazaro comes running to get the Doctor… Agustin rushes Alvaro to go there… they all head out…


Regina has brought Antonio home to see her mom Cata… Cata is totally floored when Regina tells her she and Antonio are an item now… She is very happy for them. Antonio tells Cata he will take them both places and to have fun… Regina brings work as a deterrent for that, but Antonio says have to give love some time too… Antonio and Regina have a kiss goodbye…


At Monterrubio Manor, Roberta is coming down stairs, heading out to meet friends… Matias tells her maybe next time you will come along with us. Roberta says surely.

Fina also comes in the door, Roberta notices Witch-ina’s blouse (not her style). Witch-ina says she is just tired. She says she had a good time with her friend but is tired. Witch-ina asks where Renata went. Gonzalo says seems with Rafa Gutierrez.

Witch-ina skips a beat… so does Roberta. Matias asks why it is so surprising to them? Witch-ina claims neither she nor Roberta know Rafa well… Apparently he and her daughter (implying Renata) care very much for each other…


We have one last scene at La Bonita, Rafa is trying to speak, says to Matilde ‘la bonita’… Matilde yells at him not to die!...

In previews we see all of them Hero, Renata, etc wondering what happened to Rafa to skip their appointment… (sorry my dvdr did not record previews so this was what I remembered)


Labels:


Comments:
Thanks for posting it jardinera!
I was debating myself who should write the book 'how not to...' from last night's ep... if Regina I for getting 'serious' with Antonio for the wrong reasons, if Jeronimo for trying to conquer Renata with a couple casual encounters... if Adriana for beginning to fall in love with Matias... if Matias 'how not to love your evil step mother', or Lazaro 'how not to run to get the doc if he is totally wasted...'
Matilde seems to keep her head in place yelling at Lazaro to go get the doctor when he just froze at the sight of his 'patron'...

Would someone please tell Antonio to go demand his money back for his hair piece or at least go to a hair stylist?
And would someone tell Rafa to die already, please! its been two nights already waiting for this...
but if they follow the original the priest has to get there before he dies...
 

Thanks so much, Marta, for the very helpful recap, complete with lots of translated dialogue.

I agree with you about Regina I--her constant moaning and martyrdom is more than wearying.

Actually, I'm getting pretty tired of some other characters as well, especially Gonzalo. If he clasps his son one more time in a manly hug and tells him how proud he is of him, I think I'll change the channel. In fact, though I find the actor who plays Gonzalo physically attractive, he seems rather wooden.

By the way, I think the main word Rafael managed to say to Matilde was "ella," which he says a couple of times. The last time, he follows that with "la bonita," apparently trying to say that "ella" had come to La Bonita, but he doesn't manage to convey that to Matilde.
 

Martaivett, thanks for such a fun recap. I really enjoyed the way you reported (and reported) on Rafa's interminable death scene. Bless his heart, he really seemed to want to make that one last call. Ella? La Bonita? C'mon, how difficult would it have been to gasp out Fina?

Jerky Jerry continues to creep me out. Impulsive?... just a tad. Maybe I still harbor a grudge against Aldo (LFMB), but he's got a long way to go before he wins me over.

And once again we see a Dr. favorably presented. Thanks Televisa.

Carlos
 

Rafael refers to Roberta as 'la bonita' when he talks to his hacienda folks... and that is why he named the hacienda 'la bonita'. Now it makes sense why we see in the first ep previews Matilde yelling at Jeronimo that 'la bonita' killed 'him'!
 

Thank y'all for the clarification. I totally missed the LaBonita nuance.

How does Wichina disappear from her home and husband without more than an eyebrow being raised? They are just relieved to be rid of her - including Antonio - he just doesn't know it yet.

I still can't get into Jeronimo. The only thing outstanding to me are his big white teeth.
 

Muchas gracias, Marta! And to Jardinera for posting!

I had to laugh that the first thing Jero thought after Renata bumped into him a second time was that she stole his wallet. But I think this little incident might be foreshadowing the revenge disaster to come.

Jero is certain Renata stole his wallet and now matter what she says he refuses to believe her. Only when the wallet reappears again does he believe her and apologize for acting like a jerkass. I totally see how this scenario could play out the same way once Jero starts thinking Renata killed Rafael.

Yeah, Regina's lamenting over her missing hija is pretty trite but her giving Antonio a chance could be a step in the right direction. He seems hell-bent on getting her out of her 20-plus-year funk, which I can get behind.

Amy
 

Good morning Marta, thank you for the superb recap, complete with transcripted conversations. What a treat.

"Witch-ina is making a whole ceremony in the ladies room to just get rid of her stained blouse", no kidding. Washing it, then throwing it away, must have been a long layover with plenty of time on her hands.

So after one week it's clear that Renata is a very likeable protagonista. Wish I could say the same for Jero. I'm still not getting the warm fuzzies from him. He's very cold and judgmental. Ah well, as Amy notes it's likely the set-up for the agony to come.

Thanks Marta, great recap and title. Thanks for posting Jardinera.
 

Martaivett: Very good title and an excellent recap. Jerry the Jerk really has it goin' on when it comes to jumping to conclusions, doesn't he? He's quick to judge and to accuse. He doesn't cut any slack for anybody--unless he is made to see what a fool he's been.

ITA about Gonzo gushing over Matias --Mat and he gush over Renata; she gushes over Gonzo and Mat, and then Tía Connie gushes over all three of them. Jerry gushes over RegiI and Antonio gushes over Regi. Sheeesh! I'm starting to O.D. on all of this good will!
 

Thank you for the wonderful recap and excellent conversation translations. Great, as always!

I agree, we are going through this "everyone is so happy and full of good will" phase that I guess sometimes happens early in telenovelas. Wow, a bunch of happy people who like each other. Let's see how badly that gets messed up as the story continues!

Yes, our hero is a bit of a jerk, isn't he? I am OD-ing on TNs right now (two hours of Teresa, TdA sometimes, and then this one) so I sort of half-heartedly paid attention to last night's episode. I didn't fully get that he accused her of theft in that scene. WHAT A JERK!!! The heck with him! He is easy on the eyes and has a nice smile, but he will have to learn how to stop jumping to conclusions there!
 

This comment has been removed by the author.
 

sairismn, we welcome your commenting on a recap but it's not polite to comment on a recapper's grammar. We volunteer our time (a lot of it) and all have different styles and backgrounds. Since we often recap into the wee hours we cut ourselves tons of slack on grammatical details and you should too. I happen to like the title the way it is.
 

OK, I want to come to Jerónimo's defense when it comes to his accusing Renata of stealing his wallet. That accusation seems quite reasonable to me. If someone I didn't know crashed into me at an airport and then, a day (?) later, grabbed me on the street, drew me close, and started to kiss me, and then I found my wallet was missing, I almost certainly would have suspected that I'd been robbed by my pickpocket assailant.
 

oopsie... loose and lose... got it.
 

OK Juanita, you've got a point there, but the guy does seem to run hot and cold. I gather from the prologue in the first episode that Jero's tendency to jump to conclusions will be the heroic flaw that causes him and those around him all sorts of problems. As was pointed out before, the way he treated his girlfriend and now the wallet episode are setting the stage to make his later behavior believable.
 

Cap'n, I think you're probably right that Jerónimo's tendency to jump to conclusions will be the flaw that keeps this TN running for the next few months. However, I don't see his concluding that Renata is a pickpocket who accosted him as a mark and stole his wallet is at all unreasonable. ¡Para nada! In light of Renata's actions and his missing wallet, he'd be foolish NOT to come to such a conclusion. All the evidence points in that direction. As soon as the driver brings him his missing wallet, he realizes he was wrong and apologizes. I don't see any of this as evidence of a fatal flaw on his part.
 

Hello all... Great recap Marta. Mike and I have watched this tn from the beginning - I think Mike actually likes this one... Agree with the comments that everyone, well almost everyone is just. so. sweet. so far. Looking for that to change. Mike wants to cut Gonzo's hair, just a bit of a pompadour - just like the preacher who married us long, long ago!!
 

Hi Marta, just got home from work, and joining in late. Wanted to thank you for the great recap. Always appriciate the dialouge
 

Hi Emilia, glad to hear that you and Mike are enjoying this one so far. So Mike wants to cut Gonzo's hair? That mane of his is his crowning glory I think, but he might look a bit more youthful with a pompadour. I'm trying to imagine it.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder