Thursday, April 07, 2011

La Fea Más Bella #287-288 4/7/11 The Truth Dawns on Fernando.

Capitulo 287.
Read Alma’s original recap, then come back here to discuss it.

1. Lety gazes at Fern when he’s not looking. Aldo asks her to go along to Puerto Vallarta to see a man about a boat. Lety is too busy and can’t go, so he’ll go alone. Aldo says it seems like Lety doesn’t care about the wedding.

2. Even Luigi is starting to warm up to Lety. Tom tells Lety that Julieta told Aldo to get lost. Lety tells the cuartel what her mama did, and several of them think maybe mama knows best.

3. Fern asks MamaJ what she told Aldo. She says, “I asked him not to marry Lety. Lety told me what she was doing with Aurora.. Oopsie!” She will say this much: “Abra bien los ojos (open your eyes well)!” Erasmo asks what Fern wanted. MamaJ says, “He came looking for hope. I hope he found it.”

4. Fern finds the note Lety started for Aldo, and he realizes the handwriting is the same as Aurora’s note to him. Then he decides that his longing for Lety is making him crazy.

5. Omar asks Saimon how he can show Caro he loves her (other than doing what everyone else told him). Omar asks Tom how he can win Caro. Tom says he needs to make a sacrifice for her. (Lock up your chickens tonight, folks!)


6. Ali intentionally breaks Lola’s glasses. Tom takes her car keys and tells her she’ll get them back after Tom meets her father.

7. Fern uses both his phones to call Lety and Aurora, then he peeks through the door and sees Lety answer both. He’s thrilled that he figured it out, but then he asks himself why she does it, and why she’s hiding it, making fools of everyone.

8. Fern asks MamaJ why. She says at first it was to teach Omar a lesson. He realizes that Lety is keeping the secret because Aldo would be furious if he knew Lety made Omar fall in love with Aurora. Ergo Lety must love Aldo if she does all this to protect their relationship.


Capitulo 288.
Read Julie’s original recap, then come back here to discuss it.

1. See the transcript. Fern tells Julieta that he won’t tell Lety nor anyone else that Lety is Aurora. He’s willing to lose absolutely everything so Lety can be happy with Aldo. Lety enters just in time to hear Mama say, “I would be so happy if Lety ended up marrying you.” Lety is furious. She says, “I get it. You two joined forces to separate me from Aldo.” Lety forgives MamaJ but tells her she needs to manage her personal life herself.

2. Tom removes the bedroom door so Ali can’t lock him out. She realizes that the only way to distract Tom from visiting her father is to give him something he likes better. She throws her clothes out from behind the screen and tells him to prepare for his gran noche. She sits on the bed and says, “It’s now or never.” He takes a flying leap for the bed. But then she says no. Tom decides “yes.” Afterwards, she gets her car keys back from him, and sweet talks him into making quesadillas. She says it’s too late to visit her papa, and “next time you should think more carefully.”

3. Lety tells Pop that Aldo went to PV to arrange a yacht on which to get married. Pop scolds Lety for making Aldo arrange everything, and for leaving him alone too much. When a man is ignored too much, he’s capable of behaving stupidly. Mama agrees that Lety needs to be more attached to Aldo. One would almost think Lety doesn’t like that idea.



4. Lety calls Aldo to apologize. She basically comes groveling back, and other than the statement, “You’re the one I love most,” his main response is, “Yeah, whatever.” She pleads, “You believe me, don’t you?” and he dodges the question. Obviously Aldo never earned the forgiveness merit badge.

5. Fern talks to Lety’s picture. He knows the value of her sacrifice for Aldo because once she sacrificed herself for him.

6. Omar is moping and Fern tells him to go tell Caro how he feels; cowards end up alone. Omar says Fern’s not fighting for Lety either. Fern says that’s because Omar still has a chance, but Fern’s chances are gone.

7. Lety dreams that MamaJ arranged for Lety to marry Fernando. Fern and Mama call her in one direction, while Aldo calls from the other side. We cut to Fern who is dreaming the same thing. Aldo is dreaming that a giant octopus is beckoning, eager to embrace him with eight open arms. Well, maybe not. In Fern’s dream, Lety tells him Aurora won’t return because Aldo is her life and she doesn’t want to lose him. Fern wakes and promises that in the name of love, he’ll help her relationship with Aldo.

8. At the yacht, Carmina flirts with Aldo and he eats it up.

9. Fern tells Lety he will defend her wedding because what he wants most in the world is for her to be happy, and her happiness is with Aldo.

  .

  .




Spanish Lesson. Fernando & Julieta

J: She has to be convinced dress nicer, normal, without the facial hair. Someone needs to insist that she tell everyone that she’s Aurora.
F: No, no. We need to leave her alone to manage things as seems best to her. If Aurora would cause conflict with Aldo, fine. Let her be buried and disappear forever.
J: Don Fernando, am I mistaken, or does your TV program depend on Aurora?
F: Yes, totally. And the possibility the $3.3M that I owe him.
J: Then you have to convince Lety to disguise herself again, and finish that blasted program.
F: It’s that.. can I be honest with you? Even if I’m a failure, and I lose the company forever, and my father loses the company he founded por mí culpa, I still can’t ask Lety to sacrifice her happiness with Aldo, just so I can succeed.
J: Don Fernando, how touching. Before, you were the opposite. You were able to sacrifice Lety, your novia Marcia, your family, and everything, all to keep the presidency.
F: Before! Before! You said it yourself. Today I’m a different person, and what I was before, is not what I am now. As I think about it, I’ve decided I can’t tell Lety that I discovered.
J: That’s good. You’re doing the right thing. She would feel very uncomfortable.
F: Do you know what? We need to make a pact. We won’t tell anyone that Lety is Aurora.
J: Done! Ay, you don’t know how moved I am (by what you’re doing). You have no idea. I would be so happy if Lety ended up marrying you.

Labels:


Comments:
Sorry, I won't be able to post the links to the old recaps to the new recap today. Crazy busy.

Full circle. Aldo can’t get Lety to participate in the wedding plans. She uses business as an excuse.

Team Fernando gained another member today: Moty! He prefers the chair where Fern sat because he "likes his essence."
 

Regardless of whether WE think Alicia was raped, I believe SHE doesn’t think so. Afterwards, she certainly didn’t like it, but she shows no anger, no fear, no feelings of being violated or offended. She doesn’t rebuke him for what he did. She demands the car keys, essentially as payment. She makes no effort to make sure it never happens again; rather, she says, “NEXT TIME you should think first.” She sweet talks him into making her food. Whereas when Ariel raped her, she was left cowering, she looked at him with hatred, and she started looking for ways to make sure it wouldn’t happen again. Lastly, in tomorrow’s cap she tells Marcia about it and she says she decided to.
 

OK Paula, you convinced me to forgive Tomas. I'm still mad at Alicia for being a serial glasses-breaker, anyway.

I went ahead and posted links to this recap on the old recaps. No problemo.
 

PS I know "No Problemo" isn't good Spanish. But it is the name of a good local restaurant. :-)
 

You know, I never thought about whether Tomas raped Alicia. This is my second time watching this, and it never crossed my mind. However, I think Paula is right. To me, it didn't seem like rape, but more like prostitution and she knew it would be a way to get Tomas to stop thinking about the meeting with her father.

Plus, I guess I have apathy towards Alicia anyway. She's a funny character (and I think Paty Navidad is a terrific comedic actress), but I also get mad at her for what she's doing to Tomas and for breaking glasses. As a wearer of glasses, I know how mad I would be. I would have to leave work, get someone to drop me off at the doctor and then get a new pair. So inconvenient.

I'm happy Fernando figured out Lety was Aurora fairly quickly, unlike other novelas (Llena de Amor, for example) that it takes the protagonist FOREVER to see what is so obvious.

I don't have much analysis to offer. I do love Julieta and Fernando though. Such an adorable relationship. I'm also with Moty, I would sit anywhere Fern sat, for his essence.

Alexis
 

Paula, thanks for the post. I too am glad that Fern knows Lety is Aurora. I also love the Julietta/Fern scenes. It was cute though when he sat their staring at Juilettes musthace.
 

Fernando is getting close to the great sacrifice that the fortune teller guy predicted. His determination not to ask for Aurora to return to the show and save the company because it would force Lety to risk her relationship with Aldo may turn out to be that sacrifice.

It never occurred to me either that there was rape between Tomás and Alicia on either occasion. The first time Tomás did renege on the promise of the check but Alicia sold herself for the expected dinero. This time also she offered herself in return for the car keys. She really is a talented comic. I loved her talk to herself in the mirror as she hatched the plan to give herself to Tomás.

I too am really angry with her for the glasses. When she did that to Tomás she at least had something to gain -- better looking glasses on the man she had hooked up with -- but this time it was pure evil with no reason (however twisted)
 

Hi Paula!

Have you heard that Jaime Camil has a new novela? It's called Cielo Rojo and her leading lady is going to be Elizabeth Álvarez (Marcia here). Best luck to them!

Jarocha
 

Sorry, it's called Amorcito Corazón, I confused the title with the new one of Edith González.

Jarocha
 

I love the screen shots - especially Fernando dialing both of Lety's & Aurora's phones. Clever way to catch her out!
 

Did anyone else notice how Lety did not tell Aldo that Fern was in listening distance down in Editing?
Aldo told Lety he was glad he found her there instead of the office because he wanted to talk to her and in her office Fernando always hears everything.
Lety kept mum about Fern being right there. I think she always wants Fern to hear whats going on with her. She can't separate herself from him.
Diann
 

Jarocha, are you sure about Camil doing a new telenovela? Or is it just a rumor? He hasn't said a word about it on his Twitter, and several times he has said he doesn't want to do TNs for Televisa because of their brutal filming schedule. I'd be happy to be proven wrong, of course.
 

Paula: The info comes from Maxine Woodside:

http://www.radioformula.com.mx/notas.asp?Idn=164958

Today Elizabeth Álvarez was confirmed.

Jarocha
 

Fun episodes, terrific recaps and awesome screen shots.

I had to laugh out loud when Aldo was at PV Marina and muttered "Ocean, my dear sea, how I've missed you." (Thanks for the translation Julie.)I doubt any lover of the sea would feel such emotion in the middle of a huge marina like PV. The beach maybe, mid harbor (smelly, dirty, crowded with boats), highly doubtful. I know I'm nitpicking...still!
 

Today's caps were good - although I really only paid attn to the important moments yet again. Was happy that Fern FINALLY can add 1+1 and get 2. YEAH!!! I think I heard the "Hallelujah Chorus" go off in my mind at that moment! I think his moment of realization was my fave of the day followed closely by his two scenes with Julieta. Can we end this whole Aurora storyline already??

Alicia's reticence to reveal her father makes me wonder what the story is there with her. I think he's either in prison, super poor or doesn't exist. I tend to lean towards the prison or super poor option(s) just because she didn't seem to call anyone else on her mobile phone but him; she had a huge bill so it must mean that he exists somewhere. I think that occasionally she invents phone conversations with her father (e.g. after she and Tomy were done doing the do). Wow - I just spent way more time discussing a part of the story that I barely watched today. In regards to the whole was Alicia was raped or not during the 'intimate moments' I def thought she was just because she kept screaming no, but afterwards I agree - it seemed as though she didn't seem to think so. In general I'm finding the scenes with Alicia and Tomy tiresome so I hope tmrw all the focus is on the parts I actually enjoy watching.

One little thing - Lety tells Aldo that she loves him most of all. I think that's very telling and honestly he should call the marriage off just because she still loves Fern. A lot. I think Aldo was really ticked off because he's finally seeing the disconnect between what Lety says to him vs. her actions towards him. She keeps telling him that she loves him, that she wants to marry him, but then her actions say an entirely different thing. I don't know ANY brides that would miss going to take a look at the place that they will be holding their wedding ceremony- regardless of how busy things are at work...she's just not that into him and the writing is on the wall...that relationship is DONE. Lety just needs to own up to it and cut the ties with Aldo.

I was really happy that Fern gave the ultimate sacrifice today...his happiness, the fate of Conceptos all so that Lety could be happy. It melts my heart to see such dedication from him and Lety truly doesn't deserve him. Hopefully she'll pull her big girl britches on soon and realize what she stands to lose if she doesn't choose him. Her character is so selfish and horrible of late...she's hurting both men.

Thank you Paula for keeping these discussions going! I'm going to miss it all when the shows end! LFMB was my first TN and it's been a great experience because of everyone here!
 

Fern thinks Lety needs to decide for herself what to do about Aurora, and they shouldn’t make her decisions for her. What a concept!

Good point, GP. Alicia's dad must exist, or else who would be running up her cell phone bill? I hadn't thought of that.

Fernando's level of sacrifice in this cap was breathtaking. He really has become the perfect man. Do you see why I got so mad about Lety talking about Aldo's sacrifice, when it was a loan with interest and a payback date? Whereas what will Fernando lose? The company, his parents' retirement security, his parents' respect, he'll be a total failure, and he's essentially giving the love of his life to Aldo. He loses EVERYTHING. So she can be happy. Aldo gave a loan so HE could capture Lety and make himself happy. ARRGGG!

MamaJ treats Fern as a son, even to the point of trying to shape his morals! She reminds him of what he did to Lety. He says he doesn't like to think about that. If he were her guest, she would have apologized for making him feel bad. But if he were her son, she would take advantage of the teachable moment, to make sure that the lesson stuck. Which she did.
 

I only get to see the real time television programs one day a week and then have to catch the youtube versions on the days I'm at work so then I really depend on the recaps as the youtube versions don't have captions. Recappers- you make my day!

This is about the time in the show when I started watching when it first came on. I remember thinking Tomas was a circus clown of some sort maybe. That plot arc made no sense to me. Well, honestly, nothing made sense to me (I didn't know Caray Caray existed, alas) so it's fun to have the context of the last 270ish capitulos. After reading the old recaps I went and watched on youtube the Christina show that aired after the final episode and the actors seemed to really like each other and were very funny. I needed some recapper help though as they often spoke over each other which made it hard to understand. And, they speak really, really fast.

The last episodes are coming at us fast and it's a crazy time as my semester is ending so it will be a double whammy to have so many things ending at the same time. I'll be following Caray Caray though as I'll probably need to start a new soap and I'm sure there will be good clues as to which ones to watch. I'll just claim I'm still studying my Spanish. My department chair is from Peru so I'm enjoying throwing out some of my new slangy vocab on her so mil gracias a todos.

Does anyone watch the Clippos Magnificos segments on The Soup. Jaime Camil was on one from a show I don't know the name of. It was pretty funny- he was playing someone who goes a bit crazy. That here exists a weekly segment of funny novela action on The Soup is, I believe, a great compliment to their popularity.

DrJ
 

DrJ, I've never watched The Soup. Did you see the one with Camil on broadcast or YouTube? Do you have a URL? If the cut was not from Fea, it was probably from "Las tontas no van a cielo," a painfully awful novela despite the bright spot of Camil in it. Bad writing, and a heroine who was so distasteful, many of us were wishing SHE would get eaten by alligators, not the villian!

Do you teach? If you don't mind my asking, what subject?

If you want to study Spanish via telenovelas, you may want to check the Spanish Resources Menu on my site. I lay out a plan for how to do exactly that. It's how I learned most of my Spanish. There is also an episodes list for LFMB. It may help you fill in any gaps - you can go to the list, find out that, for example, The Meeting (Doomsday) was Cap 166, then find the appropriate recap.
 

Friday or Monday, I proposed the radical idea, what if Aldo is trying to "disengage" (pardon the pun).

Could his big tantrum about the sidewalk chalk be part of that?
In today's caps, Lety came groveling to Aldo to apologize for what her mother said - Lety did nothing wrong. Even so, Aldo was still pretty pissy with her.

Taken individually, these actions don't mean much. But if you look at them as a series.. again, I won't stake my reputation on this theory, but it gives pause for thought.
 

I found a random clip of it online, but you can't hear anything. Maybe DrJ has a better clip, or someone else can find one. It's from Mujer de Madera, which I never saw.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTaZsPNgL1s&feature=related

The Soup is really funny, though. If you watch some of the clips online, the host seems to really get into some of the plots.

Alexis
 

Finally with some heavy hints from Julieta Fern put the clues together and now will keep silent about Aurora. I thought he was very clever to use two phones and have them ring at the same time to confirm his suspicions.

Aldo and his refusing to take the call because Lety didn't fall all over herself to help plan the wedding show another side to his not so winning personality. He acted more like a sulky teenage girl than a grown man. Considering how babyish Lety acts around him at times maybe it is wearing off on him. If Carmina thinks she has a chance with him she better dial back the scheming. My sense is that her father was never going to be at the yacht in PV.

Can't stop laughing with Omar soliciting advice all over the place, Fern, Marcia and now he goes to Simon and the two of them come up with the brilliant idea to talk to Tomy Boy. That little scene too was hilarious with the you have to sacrifice courtesy of the new ager. Still on the hunt for advice he goes to Ali and I was sure she would tell him to buy a boat load of diamonds, something that would be dead wrong for Caro. He could probably hit up Aldo or God forbid the cuartel and then Luigi in his never ending quest for help. His last resort obviously is to write a letter to Dear Abby who will tell him to "Tell the woman he loves her".

I'm wondering what Univision is up to. There are two night time novelas ending and two day time ones, one of which uses two hours worth of time and yet I've only seen previews for one in the day time and one at night. I hardly think they are going to tie up two hours at night and even the day time is unusual. Alas neither of the two they are previewing look that good.
 

It's possible to have a huge phone bill (cell or land line) without ever making or receiving a single call if you sign up for one of their "packages" that offer lots of minutes.

Of course, we've seen her using the phone, and it's not just to impress other people because she's also spoken to Papi at home when there was no one else around to hear. Though I suppose she could have just been talking to nothing, like little kids do with toy phones.
 

So, here's my question: Lety and Fernando have been working closely together for a fairly long time, and this is the first time he's seen her handwriting? What's up with that?
 

Good point Julie - Alicia strikes me as the type who would need a super expensive phone package, but she also ran up Tomas' phone bill so I think she just does a lot of talking to someone (her mysterious invisible father).

I occasionally watch "The Soup" although not a lot recently. I'd forgotten about that segment - thanks for the reminder DrJ.

Anon 2:14 (is this Diann?) - I thought the same thing, but I figured it's another one of the moments in the show where I have to turn my brain off and just go with the flow.
 

When Ali had Tom's cell phone, and Tom freaked about the bill, Saimon (or Celso?) told him he should have chosen a cheaper plan, and Tom said he had the most cost-effective (or economical? o algo así) plan.

It certainly took Fernie quite a few tries before he realized Aurora was Lety. Actually, I think that each time, he realized she WAS Lety, but then he decided that was impossible, so he convinced himself his conclusion was wrong.
1. The kiss.
2. Doddling on the photo.
3. Hearing Aurora in Lety's office when she was on the phone.
4. Even when he saw the note, he still wasn't completely convinced, so he needed proof.
5. Finally, the phone call, he believed it.
 

Well, everyone thinks they know the most economical plan when they're choosing it, but Tomas probably did not have a realistic idea of Alicia's cell phone habits. You really have to know ahead of time how many minutes you're going to use.

But... point taken. She's been talking to someone.

The handwriting-recognition question is one of the greater mysteries of LFMB. Fern not seeing the resemblance between Lety's handwriting and Aurora's is just the latest example. I'm still amazed that neither Lety NOR Marcia noticed a discrepancy in Fernando's cards to Lety; some were filled out by Fern, some by Omar.
 

Paula
It's the URL that Alexis posted. It's a very crappy clip with no sound. I found it when I used YouTube to find the title of the segment "clippos magnificos" and just happened to see the related clip with 'Jaime Camil' in the title. The Soup is on E! Fridays at 10:00 pm with repeats. The Soup, South Park and LFMB are my much needed antidotes to real life- as I would guess applies to many on this list. A few hours of unadulterated silliness that makes me laugh out loud are priceless.

And, Paula, thanks for the link to your website. At our faculty meeting today I whipped out some of my new vocabulary with appropriate TN inflection. I'm in information science so mostly I google a crazy range of things every 10 seconds :-)

I'm off to catch up with today's episodes and enjoy everyone's witty comments- it's one vey fun and funny group!
 

Oops- hit publish before signing so the above post is from DrJ :-)
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder