Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Cuando Me Enamoro #20 Friday 5/20/11 you don't want to understand me.. you want to hold on to me

This recap is posted for Marta.


highlites from last night:
Fina: I don't approve your paying so much attention to (and going out of your way for) that woman!
Gonz: Fina!! I will pay attention to whoever I feel like it!
Fina: I don't want you to be near that woman! I am tired of your sister Constanza getting you farther from me!
...
Gonzo: Fina... I think the time has come for me to be honest with you.. I know my honesty might hurt you.. but I need you to know that I don't love you anymore.
Voiceover: And Roberta keeps mudding Renata's name ...
Jero: I liked the 'R' pendant necklace you were wearing... Tell me something, doesn't your sister Renata use hers?
Rob: Yes, sometimes! But I never take mine off!
Jero: How is your sister Renata?
Rob: Don't even ask me for her! I am so ashamed you came to find out what she is capable of. And the worst of all is that she doesn't care! She went out with Matias today as if nothing had happened!
Jero: So the scandal did not affect them.
Rob: My sister has a great ability to make men go crazy for her.
(Jero calls Renata back to accept her request to meet, he tells her to meet him at La Mentirosa tomorrow)
Renata tells Adri that she does not like to lie to Matias but it is no use to tell him what happened with Jeronimo or how she feels for Jeronimo... especially if she is going to see Jero tomorrow and then never again.

Honorio, Matias and Renata in a tight but ellegant apple red dress... Honorio says he promised Adri he would be near Agatha... doing it not only for Agatha but also for Adri, he wants her to receive the same care once he received from her mother. Renata and Matias are super proud of him.

Constanza arrives at the Regina's center... Regina keeps on thanking Connie... Cata says there is no bigger pain than a mother watching her child suffer. Regina asks Cata to show Connie what Ines does at the center regularly.

At hacienda, Carlos is saying goodbye to Matilde... She says that she thought he was the enemy but it turns out the enemy was El Hermoso.
Carlos says goodbye to Lazaro and asks him not to let his sister serve the eggs with habanero sauce to anyone else, (seems he got an indigestion from them after all LOL)

Jero tells Mati that he will try to compensate for all her work and loyalty for Rafa... She says dont want compensation, what she wanted Rafa took to his grave (she walks away angry... how old is this girl supposed to be anyway? Certainly acts like the owner of the hacienda).
Carlos asks Jero if when he said he wanted to forget everything also included forgetting his plans on the Roberta/Renata situation. Are you sure you want to cut off your revenge thirst? Jero stays quiet, deep in thought.

At Monterrubio Manor, the maid found the bed covers which were in the visitor bedroom because Gonzo slept there. She tells Fina Gonzo asked her to move his things to the guest bedroom. Fina is irate. The Senor will stay in this bedroom by my side! So forget what he said. Don't move anything to the guest room.

Renata is remembering all her encounters with Jero and his call to accept meeting with her. A guy who works for her brings some work for her to review but she asks him to review it himself... (the guy is cute, another potential guy for Adriana)

Back at hospital, Honorio tells Adri the hospital bill for her mother's surgery is paid for. He even brought flowers for her mother's room. Adri says we will have her wondering who is the 'anonymous' guy who sent her flowers... Adri thanks Honorio for everything he is doing for her mom

Roberta is very anxious, calls Sele to bring her a home pregnancy test ASAP!!

Augie calls Renata... he is happy yesterday he closed a very important business deal.. he tries to invite her to celebrate with a dinner, but he remembers she wanted to keep business separate from personal matters. She says maybe some other time.. But Renata tells him that business deal they started talking about earlier is all set and ready for the final details.

Jero is deep in thought in darkness in the apartment. Carlos comes back... Jero tells Carlos he was thinking... Carlos gets a ray of hope and asks 'about the hacienda?'... But it is too good to be true...Jero sighs irritated. Carlos realizes it is a lost cause... Carlos says he used the time to go to buy a ticket to Merida... he will leave tomorrow first thing in the morning. Jero insists he can't keep the hacienda. Carlos says ok, I understand that your pain is bigger than your reasoning... but really... I hope in a couple of months you won't be regretting your decision...

At DrDeath's house... he is having dinner with Karina... he wants them to move to the hacienda because that place is what corresponds to a man of his ranking/category... Karina says it will move them much farther away from town so she won't be able to just walk to town, to the market, to the church.. HE says use a car. She says she can't drive. He says then learn to drive!! Or any man from the hacienda can drive you around! I will hire many workers to treat you like a queen... You won't have to do anything... Karina replies 'then what am I going to do all day??' He says whatever you want! maybe that way you will learn to behave like a 'high society damme'... She says she does not care about that. He gets really mad and says 'but I DO!!! and here Everyone does what I SAY!!!' .. Karina says alright! But I would like to keep the current employees of La Bonita. Alvaro says no way! All employees of La Bonita, including your friends Matilde and Lazaro, will be replaced... and not one more word about it... sorry but have to say this was a nasty scene to watch and recap... this guy is an a___ no doubt about it.

Matilde and Lazaro are packing up Rafael's things.. She want to give some of Rafael's things to church and keep some othes for herself as memories... Lazaro is very comprehensive with her... you will see everything will be alright... Matilde says there won't be any other boss as nice and good as Rafael.

Sele arrives at Roberta's room.. Roberta anxiously goes in the bathroom with the pregnancy test.

Renata arrives at La Mentirosa... A minute later Jero arrives... He heads directly to Renata's table.
J: Adriana!... sorry... Renata?...
R: I thought you were going to stand me up.
J: I never would... besides, I have to come to collect on a debt you have with me...
R: What debt are you talking about?
J: They say 'stealing from a burglar is...' (and plants a serious rough liplock on her as he pulls her to standing)
(commercial brk)
(Renata pulls off and slaps him again)
R: IMBECIL!!
J: That's what I am!!! Yes, I am an IMBECIL for believing in your lies!
(She had turned around and was picking up her purse and coat)
R: Itis no use that I am here if you are going to have that attitude!
J: (grabbing her strongly by arms to prevent her from leaving) You are wrong!! You are wrong! Now the debts are cleared. Now we can talk!
R: Let me go!
J: If you leave, you can forget about clearing up the misunderstandings and to talk with the truth! And I will remind you that you were the one who had interest in doing so!
R: Who do you think you are to speak to me like that and treat me like that??
J: And who do you think YOU are that you won't show your real face??
R: I came here to talk and clear things up with you!!
J: Then let's TALK!! ... unless you run out as you always do.
...
J: Lets talk with the truth.
R: That is why I am here.
J: I have many questions/doubts.
R: Me too. Because I don't know why you keep showing up in my life and... I just don't understand it.
J: I don't understand either why we keep meeting but... that is why I want to find out. What were you doing here at this bar? Is it true that some guys were going to mug you and that is why you kissed me?
R: I swear it.
J: Who were you going to meet?
R: A friend who asked me to meet him here.
J: What friend? I want the truth.
R: A friend who used to work at the Monterrubio company and my dad had big plans for him.. but one day he just quit out of nowhere and left.
J: Where did he go?
R: I don't know... But recently he showed up at my office and I saw him again.
J: Why did he go to your office?
R: HE was going to give me and my family a surprise. That's what he said.
J: What kind of surprise?
R: I don't know! One day he called me and just asked me to meet him here... he sounded very strange... and it was the very same day we met here. Ever since I have come by, I never saw him again I never heard from him again. I have tried to locate him but seems that he has dissappeared off the face of the earth.
J: What is the name of your friend?
R: Rafa.
J: Rafa who?
R: Rafael Gutierrez!
(deer in headlights stare of Jero)
R: As a matter of fact, recently I came by again with Matias to inquire about Rafa.
J: Matias knows about your relationship with Rafa?
R: Of course... He wanted to come with me when Rafa asked me to come find him, but I thought Rafa wanted to tell me somethng important so I did not think it was appropriate to bring him. ... you don't believe me, right?... I swear it is the truth.
(At Monterrubio manor, Matias seems to be getting impatient waiting for Renata... he dials Jero's number)
J: Hello Matias.
(Matias wants to invite him to have a drink together, tells him his girlfriend said she had a business meeting ... Jero repeats teh words, Renata gets anxious.. Jero tells Matias that he cannot meet now... maybe some other time.. Jero hangs up)
J: (irritated) How do you want me to believe you if you lied to Matias? He thinks you are with a client!
R: ... ah.. nothing, I simply skipped the fact that I came to meet with you!
J: To skip a fact is to lie.
R: ITs just that I could not tell you that I was coming here to meet you!
J: Why not??
R: Because I could not tell him... what I feel for you!!... (he freezes)... That's all I had to tell you.. Until never, Jeronimo!

In Roberta's room, Roberta comes out of bathroom.. .Sele guesses right, Rob is pregnant with Rafa's baby.
Sele suggests she talk to Rafa and her parents...That would be the best solution. Your parents would have to accept Rafa and I am sure they would prefer that than to have you be a single mom.
But Roberta is not in agreement I won't be a single mother or a married mother! I simply won't be a mother!... I won't throw away my life for an escuincle... even less for the child of a man who rejected me... I have the right to decide on my life and my body!
Sele says it is your child!! It already exists and you can't just ignore or throw it out! Sele is even willing to go to the hacienda with Roberta.. but Roberta says no!! Sele insists anything is better than to kill a child of yours.. Anything else is better! To have it, to give it in adoption, to find it a father.. There are men who agree to father a child of another man's. What about Jero? Don't you say he is crazy for you? (Rob thinks Sele wants her to trick Jero into thinking he is the baby's dad) No, I don't mean to trick him into thinking he is the baby's dad.. But if you tell him your story, he can agree to marry you and take the baby as his child!... Roberta keeps thinking that's crazy... She hates this child.. because it was not a desired/wanted child... and it is the son of a man who deceived her.

Gonzo and Matias make plans to go to a business convention together... Matias would like Renata to go with them, but Gonzo say there is much work here and have to leave someone behind to deal with business...

Gonzo goes to his room and meets with Fina there...
G: Fina.. I asked Eulalia to set up the guest room for me and she did not. Did you counter my order?
F: Yes... because your place is in this bedroom.
G: I won't ever sleep again in this room. You have no interest in understanding me... only in retaining/hanging on to me. (walks away)
F: I want you at my side because I love you! ... I am certain that our marriage still is fixable. (Dream on, witch!!)
G: I am going to Monterrey with Matias for a few days to an export convention. But when I return, we will have to put the cards on the table. (careful, Gonzo. Who says she would play fair even in a card game?) Good night. C'iao, Josefina. (she is smoking bullets... thinks I have to finish you off, Regina Soberon before you finish with all that is mine!)

Regina, Ines and Isidro are talking about what she did for little Andresito, including cancelling her trip to Spain.. They say Antonio will be proud of her when he finds out why she cancelld the trip (wanna bet??).. they are sure Antonio will not leave her. Regina is more interested in when they will meet with the Doctor about the tes results... Tomorrow.... They all get smoochy again about being there for each other...

Connie and Honorio in their bedroom... Connie is tired and achy from workng... she says it is a very satisfying exhaustion, which leaves the heart full of happiness... he likes to see her happy and tells her he loves her... (this is a very happy couple for real)

Roberta is crying in her favorite spot,, her closet... crying about the child she is expecting... tells herself she has to end this and everything that has to do with it tomorrow...

Renata gets a loving card note from Matias on her bed... She thinks 'how I wish I could feel the same thing you feel for him... I would give anything for it... but I can't...' (split screen with Jero saying to himself that he coudl not believe she feels the same way he does... but she is a forbidden woman for him... he remembers their meetings again, and the meeting at the bar... suddenly a light goes on in his head... 'It was you and not Roberta!!! Everything fits! you both worked together, you were friends... he had the 'R' necklace, he had the photo... I hate that it was you, Renata! ... what am I going to do with all this I feel, Renata?? what?? (he is really anxious and unsettled)

Augie tells Ezequiel that he wants to get La Bonita ready and pretty for the woman who will be its owner... Who is that?... the prettiest woman you ever saw... in all the years I have worked with you i never heard you talk like that about anyone... Then its about time! I stopped living alone! I have chosen my 'woman'. In this life you always have to be one step ahead of the will of everyone else. Its the only way to get what you want. And I will have that woman living in the hacienda I want.

Regina gets home...Regina listens to a voice mail from Antonio, he say he is coming back tomorrow since his business deal is done... She is not looking forward to it, rubs her forehead... but her mom keeps insisting that she pay more attention to Antonio before he gets tired of waiting for her. Her mom says she would be more at ease so in the day she is gone, her daughter would not be alone. Regina tells her mom she feels pressured by her (GOOD for you Regina!)

Fina gets to her bedroom and finds Gonzo packing for the Monterrey trip... She tries her best to convince him to take her with them... no way. Gonzo says together or separated, the relationship he has with Matias and the girls noone will take from him. No, it is not a sudden choice... he has been thinking about it for a long time now...
G: We have lost the complicity/camaraderie between us. I have a feeling of emptiness... of dissatisfaction... That is why I have to find a solution for it... Even if I am being selfish about it.
F: To split is not a solution, my love.
G: Staying together is not either, Fina! That is why I want you to think about it on these days I am away... Think about it real good... without getting too passionate. And consider the possibility of a new love, a new path in our lives.
F: I can't picture life without you.
G: I will always be close to you, but that does not neccessarily mean I need to do it as your husband. We can be friends. Good friends and parents to our children... without being a couple... I will see you when I get back.. C'iao Fina. (she has a killer stare into nowhere when he leaves)

Jero is still thinking of Renata...

Robera is having nausea in her room, she calls Jero, but Jero is in no mood to answer the phone. Roberta leaves voice mail for him to call her so they can get together.... for a change (not!) she blames them not getting together on Renata's messes... she wants to see him and to 'be with him'...

Renata and Matias are walking around his house.. apparently they were riding again...
M: What is the matter? You have been very quiet... Did it go badly in your meeting last night? you look sad and lost in your thoughts...
R: Look, Matias... I am indeed sad because... (takes a deep breath) I can't keep lying to myself or to you... I.... really have tried but I can't seem to be able to fall in love with you. Please forgive me, but I can't
M: What are you talking about?
R: Forgive me, Matias... but what I feel for you is not love... I can't continue being your girlfriend...
(he gets teary-eyed...)
R: I really would love to give you my heart but it is just not happening...And I don't think it is fair for you to waste our time.
M: I know that you can't rule over your heart... but we had agreed to give us some time to make it work. What changed since then?
R: Matias, I really don't want to hurt you but... it is useless to wait any longer and stretch this any further... really... its useless.
M: (he is so sad he is out of breath) This afternoon I am leaving with my dad for the convention in Monterrey. We will be away for a few days... Why don't we use this time to think about what we feel without each other?
R: Matias, really, I don't need any time...
M: Maybe not! Maybe not! But perhaps to feel that we lost this, that this is over... maybe your heart will miss me... and that it could happen what I have wished for so hard, Renata!
R: Really, I would love to feel that, Matias, but I am sure it is not so because..
M: When I return, we will talk again... I promise you... and if nothing has changed... we will end our relationship and we will tell everyone that it did not work out... Agreed?
(she reluctantly agrees quietly, he walks away without another word...)

Gonzo told Honorio what he said to Fina... Honorio is totally surprised at Gonzo's move...
H: Just recently you told me that you were doing everything that you possibly could to make your marriage work... because you finally had the family you wanted, no?
G: I tried, but I stopped lying to myself. I can't revive what I once felt for Fina. Our relationship gets worse with time.
H: That was to be expected,no? You need two to tango! You can't be with someone by forcing yourself on them! Or at least I have it very clear that you have done everything you can to make it work with Fina. But sometimes the will is not enough.
G: Before, I was content with just feeling like I was part of a family but now I am not satisfied with that. Something changed in me that makes me want more. I now want to redefine my life.
H: What do you mean?
G: You know what this company means to me and not everything can be work. (stands up) When I met Regina, I realized the importance to have other passions in life. Something with meaning. That fills you inside and leaves you satisfied with your life.
H: ANd I suppose it was REgina who made you aware of that.
G: Honorio, don't misinterpret me as Fina did, now she is jealous of her.
H: Let me tell you something, brother. For the first time in my life, I agree with your wife. You say it is not so. That Regina has nothing to do with your decision. But it is obvious that Mrs Soberon awakened something in you, even if not precisely in the romantic sense.
G: Exactly! Regina came to awaken a desire for some purpose in life for me! a mission of life... something beyond work.
H: And what does Fina say about splitting?
G: She is totally against splitting up.
H: Then?
G: Then even if she opposes to it, we will talk about every detail about the separation and I will have to leave the house.
H: And have you realized that this split might affect teh relationship between Renata and Matias?
G: OF course.. That is why I will speak to my son. It is no secret to anyone that the relationship REnata and Fina is not good. Especially after what happened in the party. So I don't see any problem with that.
H: I agree with that. It would be a huge problem if the one Matias had fallen for was Roberta.
G: Very true. But fortunately, the one he fell for was my princess, my Renata.

Adri is spoon feeding her mom... her mom wonders who sent her the flowers... but Adri won't spill the beans... Adri gives her the card... but she is more confused than ever, don't have any male friend..

Fina steals the maid's cell phone for a minute to call Regina's office, faking being a girl who's pregnant and wants to meet with Regina away from the office... they agree to meet at a coffee shop near the charity center the next day... (that smells fishy to me... perhaps bloody)
Then Fina goes in her bedroom and begins to pack some stuff... I am not very clear on what she is planning...
(sorry, my DVDR did not record the previews)

Labels:


Comments:
Marta, Great recap. Always enjoy your dialouge style.
 

Marta, you are numero uno for writing out all those dialogues. There was a lot of important stuff tonight contained within the dialogues.

Dr Death is not only an a**, he talks with his mouth full. What a rube. Gosh I find the nouveau riche tedious.

"Roberta is crying in her favorite spot, the closet"; that's funny! Yep she loves that spot.

Jero "stealing back" his kiss. That was just weird. He needs to take some suave lessons from Augustin.

Previews make it look like Fina stabs Regina! Ugh.

Marta, thanks again for your superlative recap, so much fun to read.
 

I love the detailed dialogues!!! Thanks Marta.

"she has a killer stare". Oh, does she ever. Or maybe we should say "a killer's stare" since it looks like she's packing a nice long bread knife for her meeting with Regina. With those sneers she kept throwing Gonzo, it's wonder he kept talking and didn't screaming from the room.

Too bad Gonzo didn't throw her sorry butt to the curb, but he doesn't know what a scuzz she is yet quite yet, but he better move fast to secure his finances and resources before she starts "pulling a Fedra" and tries to grab his money and create fake documents. She has that creep she keeps talking to - who is this guy??? I have my suspicions, but I guess we'll see.

Not sure how Jero jumped to the conculsion he did with Nata's explanation, but I guess now he'll start moving in for the revenge. I'm thinking all the romancing will take place while this infamous convention is going on and Matias is out of town. BY the time he comes back, his friend will have won his lady. Ah, what a tangle web....but fun!

Have to say after dragging a bit, things sure are moving now on the plot. And looks like from some previews and ads I've seen, we'll be seeing some nice bedroom action too. Glad we don't have to put up with "famly hour" fare on Univision.
 

I just can't wait for Augie to find out about Nata and Jero... hopefully he won't until it is obvious... (not trying to spoil it with any more details)...
 

it would be double blow for Augie... no hacienda and no 'mujer'... lol (grin)
 

Thank you Marta for a dialogue filled recap. I love it.

I am really wondering what Roberta is going to do about the baby. Since Jero seems destined to romance Renata (for vengence), the only other options for a man she could dupe are the jerk Diego or poor Matias. I am also looking forward to seeing Augie blow his gasket once Jero eventually doesn't sell the hacienda AND shows up with Augie's woman. That will be funny.

I didn't see the last episode when Augie treated the help badly, so he is still looking better that hot head Jero in my mind. He is certainly treating Renata better, and it's not like Jero has shown that much concern for the well being of the hacienda workers once he sells.

I really appreciated Nata's honesty with Matias. He can't be mad at her if she does fall for someone else. She made it clear how she feels (or doesn't feel). How refreshing in a tn character!
 

Marta, your dialogs always illuminate the action. Well, well done. (Oh, and I'm back with CME--catching Pola on line)

Two things bother me about Robster's pregnancy.

1) I thought Rafa was a by-the-book man. He wasn't going to do anything until Rob was properly his wife, to the point of formally asking for her hand in marriage. Yeah, I know, these are modern times, but stil...

2) She's two weeks late, making it possible for her to be 5-6 weeks along--so if Rafa was way up in Baja and it takes a plane ride to get there, when-o-when have they been getting together without ANYONE knowing it. Yeah, I know, it only takes one time, but still...

Ok, another thing that bothered me, where does Dr.Death get the idea he and Karina get to move to La Bonita? Granted he's an investor, but isn't that where Augustus is preparing a love nest for his soon-never-to-be bride? I do love his looks. Handsome, debonaire, too bad he's bad--hopefully he's not a murderer. I could accept a little white collar crime from him.

I felt sorry for Matt last night--he's such a good guy for standing by Renata through her public embarassment, Rob's ridicule and Fina's vitriol. I think he's too good for Adriana (remember her as dipsy sister Paula in Sortilegio?).

Renata should have brushed her hair before her date with Jero. He always looks fine.
Newbie O-K
 

Newbie, Augie told Ezequiel that DrDeath was going to move to the hacienda until he gets his 'woman' there... so maybe DrDeath does not know that Augie's plan for him to be at the hacienda is very temporary...
I want DrDeath to be flattened by a tractor already adn we are just getting started... but the DrDeath character started almost the same way in LaM and he won me over later... but I dont see that potential for this guy... not after the 'liver grinding job' he pulled on our Rafa.

Regarding Rob and when she and Rafa got together... remember Rafa came to MC for a brief time, enough to go to the company and talk to Renata personally... so they might have been together then.
I see poor Matias as the most likely victim of 'planting the your-the-daddy-so-you-have-to-come-through-for-me' prank by Roberta.
 

I love when Renata leaves her hair wild and curly! It's much more flattering than when she straightens it and brushes it back. And she looked fab in that red dress. Jero has yet to win me over, no matter how good he looks in a suit.
 

His white suit at the hacienda... I was waiting for him to sit down and get his rear end dirty or for Lazaro to brush by him and make the suit not GLOW so much... LOL it was odd... then at the meeting with Nata he had the beige suit which was much more natural and flattering.
 

I too love Renata's natural wavy hair... thats the way she had it pretty much in Cuando seas mia and in MEPS.... the straight back do she had at the party was NOT flattering to her at all.
 

Thanks for the recap Marta. Still catching up but can say that ITA w/those who like Renata with curly hair.
 

Thanks Marta, this is exquisitely detailed. Excellent.

Gonzo's appeal eludes me. He almost always seems to play the same character... a beleaguered elf-righteous prig. One exception was his strange and wonderful character in la Madrastra. Of course he always seems to be shackled to an insufferable harpy (what does that say for the judgement of the characters he plays?) so his boorish treatment of his spouse(s) is excused. If Fina wasn't... well... Pepa, I don't think that he'd be garnering all this sympathy.

Now as for Jerry... the hand on Roberta's throat, last night's kiss (assault?) of Renata... need I say more?

Carlos
 

Carlos you have a very good point about Jero. Now who in the writing staff thinks it's sexy for our galan to be strangling and grabbing roughly? Sounds like they need a little strangling and rough-grabbing themselves.

However I do find Gonzo appealing. Yes, RC does get stuck with the beleaguered husband roles, just a telenovela cliche I fear, but at least in this one his eyes have been opened fairly quickly and he seems to want to make a change. Not like Emiliano in Llena who absolutely refused to follow his heart no matter what. Fina is a nasty piece of work with none of Fedra's joie de vivre and if Gonzo is to get any joie at all he's got to run away fast.

By the way, the blogger photos don't always load and I see there is a photo of Bonnie Belle looking sexily over her shoulder. Is it new? It's very fetching.

Sounds like anvils are going to be falling all over the place out in the wine country. Can't wait!!

Another thumbs up for the curly hair.

Sylvia, doomed to a lifetime of pathetically straight hair.
 

Newbie, I was also having a hard time wrapping my head around the pregnancy timeline. I'll buy Marta's explanation. I don't even want to think about who will get saddled with Rob's pregger plot. I'll just sit back and wait for the havoc to be wreaked.
 

Hi Marta and thanks for the excellent detailed recap. You captured the pivotal statement of Gonzo's when he accused Fina of "just wanting to hold on to me".

Nevertheless, I still find his blithe "I'm outta here, let's just be friends" number a little shocking for a supposed good guy.

As for his appeal, I found him very attractive as the priest in FELS (forbidden fruit?) but his doofus roles ever since then leave me cold. And he's got way too much product in his hair. Yuck.

Augie is hot but he's a bad guy. And "prepotente" as they come.

And Jeri...oh my. That attack-kiss. No fun to watch, no fun to experience. He needs serious work in the Relationship Department before being sent out to play again.

However, I was pleased to see that Roberta's friend is not the skank her buddy is. Although I do favor a woman's right to choose, I was happy Roberta's friend was arguing for the life of the little criatura Roberta's carrying,and advising adoption if she didn't want to keep it.

As for Mathilde's mouthiness, isn't there always some outspoken underling who brings the hero or heroine up short? Plus, they seem to love feisty outspoken women in these telenovelas and Mattie definitely fits that bill. Carlos is going to be in for a wild but fun ride methinks.
 

Sylvia, I switched pictures to go with my assertion the other day that the nude pictures of Bonnie Belle don't bother her. Darla (my receptionist) considers this particular picture doggy porn.

Carlos
 

So sorry--I wasn't watching CME intently, so I missed the maybe doing cositas.

I don't like Renata's hair straight either, but it just didn't look brushed. So many of the TN ladies have long luxurious shiny softly curled hair. That's all I was asking for.
NOK
 

Sylvia...this picture of Bonnie Belle in calendar format is stunning. I love the sassy vixen pose so Darla and I are not in agreement....but she's a UK fan so what do you expect?
 

Carlos, I have always enjoyed the classical nudes, not porn, and I can assure you that Bonnie Belle fits in the former classification. Please reassure Darla on this to set her mind at ease.

JudyB, "outspoken underling", hee, yes indeed and those characters are usually wildly annoying at first and then we come to love them. They are kind of like the Shakespearean fool in that they not only function as an emotional break from the depressing drama, but these characters also get to tell it like it is when all other characters somehow cannot get the truth out.
 

Oh, and someone asked about the licenciado that Fina is helping Fina out. He is a licenciado (lawyer I think) who is working for Gonzo's company. Fina has sweet talked him into being her stool pigeon and ally.
 

Thanks, Marta, for the recap. I loved the dialogue.

Early on we did see Roberta meeting in secret with Rafa at least once -- maybe more. He was in Mexico City. It was around the time he stopped in to see Renata & gave her a hug in the office in front of everyone -- even drawing a rebuke from her adoring Papa. After Roberta left Rafa's room he found her necklace on the bed. Since he never saw her again to give it back he must have had it on him when he went back to La Bonita.

I too am worrying about who will get stuck with Roberta & her "escuincle". I hate to say it -- but I bet it's Matias. He's so honorable. Now that Renata has given him the boot he may believe Roberta's stories about how Renata lures them & loses them just for kicks. He just may fall into Roberta's web.

Marta mentioned how much in love are Honorio & Ines. I fear that in TN land they are TOO perfect a couple. Bet there's some trouble a-brewin' --probably over Agatha.

One quick thing. When Carlos left with the joke about Mathilde's habanero laced eggs -- he told Lazaro not to let her serve them to anyone else because not everyone has as strong a stomach as he (Carlos).
 

Marta, thanks for another great recap. I love the fact that you provide such detailed accounts of the dialogue. I wish I could do that. Someday....
 

Thanks, Marta, great recap.

JUDY!! UK fan indeed! Is this how you pull us out of the woodwork?

My take on this tn - and all the rest of 'em - if everybody is all sweetness and light, we'd gag on them. This way, we know they will follow the telenovela rules, and we will get to snark right up to the end. I must say, a lot has happened in this one in a short amount of time. I'm sure things will slow downk or we'll have this puppy wrapped up by the end of summer!
 

Marta, thank you for the great recap. Your dialogue is superb!

Poor Jero, I think he has fallen in love with Renata. He knows he shouldn't because of his plan.

I think Gonzo's marriage has been on the rocks for some time. It was not long ago that Fina had to seduce him to keep him in line. I guess it didn't work. Maybe he watched "The Bucket List" and has decided that life is too short to be so miserable. He has listened to her tirades long enough. Why does Fina think that Regina is THE ONE?

Rosemary
 

Thanks so much for the recap, Marta! The dialogue translations are always appreciated.

The plot is thickening and looks as though it's building to a boiling point soon. Roberta's pregnant, Gonzo might have seen the light about Pepa/Fina, and Renata and Jero's relationship is kicking off.

Jero's aggressiveness turns me off like a light switch. Sylvia is totally right that he needs a Suave 101 class from Agustin. Throw Dr. Nesme in there too. He is such a creepy hick that he might be beyond help.

Güera, I thought the same thing about Honorio and Constanza. They are so good together that you can almost feel the ax waiting to fall. After all, this is a TN and no one is allowed to be that happy for long.

Amy
 

I agree that they are setting up Honorio and Constanza for some choppy waters indeed.. surely it is about Connie's jealousy and reaction to Adri.
 

Yes, I didn't want to mention it either lest the TN gods hear me and get ideas, but Honorio and Coni...I see the squalls lining up. Choppy waters. Storm clouds. All of it. Darn it.

Emilia's right, if it were all sunshine and roses we would be complaining constantly that our teeth hurt. We're hopeless.
 

Hola Emilia...I was waiting to see if you'd pick up on that.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder