Tuesday, August 02, 2011

La Fuerza del Destino #1 Tue 08/02/11

We open up in the desert and see a man walking, stumbling across. He suddenly falls and it's Ivan (David Zepada). He calls out to his mother and begs her not to leave him. Not to abandon him. Camera slowly scrolls over to his hand and we see a rosary.

Years earlier...

The same rosary is across the neck of Alicia (Leticia Calderon) the mother of the young Ivan. They have just arrived in a pueblo were some boys are playing soccer and the ball escapes and comes to Ivan. He kicks it and scores. Alicia laughs and tells him to hurry. It's getting late and if his godmother cannot give them a place to stay they will have to find a room. They slowly walk up the the house of Ivan's godmother. Alicia straightens Ivan's hair and makes the sign of the cross for good luck. They walk in and Arcelia (Celia)is excited to see them and welcomes them with open arms. She asks if they are here for vacation. Alicia says no. Celia gives her the "What the hell are you thinking" look. Suddenly Arcelia's son, Camilo, walks in asking when dinner is ready, he's hungry. Celia interrupts and says "Looks who's here" and the cousins excitedly greet each other. Celia gives the boys money to buy sodas and sends them on their way. Celia wastes no time in asking if they are coming to stay.

A: Yes.
C: Do you think that's a good idea?
A: Are you asking because of Sr. Juan Jaime?
C: Well of course! What if he wants to take your son away?

Camilo asks Ivan how long their staying. Forever responds Ivan. My mom says we're not returning to Tampico.

And why this decision asks Celia? Where you not happy in Tampico? Did they fire you from your job? Of course not replies Alicia. I just felt like coming back. And in regards to Don Juan Jaime he fired me when I told him I was pregnant. Of course I remember replies Celia. Well then I don't think that Ivan will interest him. I wish that he would. So that he would at least pay for his schooling.

Camilo tells Ivan that he overheard his parents say that his father lives in town. He's married and has 3 children. Ivan says his mother told him that he was dead. What's his name asks Ivan. Juan Jaime Mondragon replies Camilo.
Everyone knows him and he has a lot of money. Ivan looks confused.

Celia's husband, Silvestre, tells Alicia that she can stay as long as she needs too. Alicia thanks him and assures him just long enough to find a job. Antonio, Celia and Silvestre's oldest son, tells Alicia that he can recommend her a job. Celia throws a piece of bread at him. Alicia asks if he knows someone who needs a maid. Antonio says with your looks (mama Celia throws another piece of bread) you can be a receptionist or a messenger. In one of the houses of ill repute that you know asks Celia. Don't listen to him says Celia. Antonio is a smarty pants and crazy. Silvestre tells Antonio he talked to the local employment agency for him, but Antonio wants to hear none of that. He doesn't want to work as a courier. He wants to make money. He leaves the table and his mom starts throwing bread again and says doing what? Robbing, stealing! Alicia notices that Ivan is not eating.

Celia brings blankets to Alicia and Ivan's room. She tells Alicia it may not be easy for her to find work because of Ivan. Alicia says that they gave her a lead in Tampico for a job here. Celia questions where, but Alicia says I don't remember off hand although I do have it written down. (something smells here and it's not the blankets). Alicia tells her she'll tell her later. Celia seems satisfied and leaves them to unpack. Once alone, Ivan asks if his dad really died. Camilo told him that his father lives in town, is married with 3 children and has lots of money. Is that true?

Celia tells Sivestre that Alicia told him that she has an address to find work. But she smelled something funny and thinks she's hiding something. Silvestre says perhaps she's going to look for Don Jaime? Perhaps replies Celia. For Alicia the only important thing is her son. And she will do anything for him. Silvestre hopes that she's not stupid enough to go back to him.

Alicia sits Ivan down and tells him the story.
A: I was 17 when I came to stay with Celia for a short while. I went to work for Don Jaime at his ranch.
I: Working as what?
A: In the kitchen. He saw me and started paying attention to me. I fell in love. I: And then?
A: And then he couldn't marry me because he had a wife and a child. So I went to Tampico and that is where you where born. And that's it.
I: Why did you tell me he was dead
A: You were to young to understand
I: Does he know about me?
A: No.
I: Why?
A: Because I didn't come back here.
I: Are you going to tell him?
A: Do you want me to, my love?
I: If you tell him, do you think he will love me?
A: Oh, my love! Why wouldn't he love you? You are so handsome and smart. But let's not worry about that. What's important is finding a way for you to keep going to school. Your not going to be a nobody. Your smarter then anyone. I will do anything to make sure that we will find what we need. I love you!

Alicia is standing outside Casa de Los Curiel. She sighs and rings the bell. A gentlemen comes to the door. She tells him she would like to see el Senior. The gentlemen tells her that Sr. Gerardo is not in. Alicia is confused and says she wants to see Don Tiodoro (?). The gentlemen informs her that he died. The gentlemen goes to see the widow of Don Tiodoro (?) and says that Alicia Villagomez would like to speak with her. She agrees to see her. Alicia finds out from the gentlemen that Gerardo is married to Lucrecia. Alicia stares at the picture. The widow (Carlota)of Don Tiodoro tells her to get closer and asks her if the rats have eaten her tongue. You have come to talk to me so here I am. Alicia thanks her and says well I have nothing to lose so here goes. Many years ago your late husband knew my mother. Well I am their daughter. My mother and your late husband that is. Wow, replies the widow, you have gumption. Not many people will stand in front of me and claim that they are the bastard child of my late husband. Well yes, replies Alicia. Sorry, but it's the truth. So what do you want? Nothing really asks Alicia. You know I have a son. Are you married asks Carlota. No replies Alicia. He's about to turn 14. He's really good and smart. He always takes top honors in math. But it would be a shame if he could not continue his education. So that is why I came to find my pa... I mean your husband to ask him to help my son with this studies. And your mother asks Carlota. She died about 5 years ago replies Alicia. The same as my husband informs Carlota. What do you do? I am a maid replies Alicia.

Camilo and Ivan are getting ice cream when Camilo points out Ivan's dad. Ivan stares and Camilo tells him that everyone is scared of him. He has a bad temper. If you want to, I can show you the house where he lives.

The gentlemen, Clayto (?), tells Carlota that Alicia just left in the taxi that she called for. Carlota asks him to get her another taxi. She wants to see the family lawyer. If Lucrecia gets here before I do, don't tell her where I went. And don't even mention that that lady came here. No problem replies Clayto (?).

Carlota goes to see the family lawyer who turns out to be sick. She says do you remember that in my husband's will he left a portion of the ranch to his illegitimate daughter? Yes, replies the lawyer. But you don't have to worry. It seems that the earth has swallowed her up. So the ranch is entirely yours. Why? Has she shown up? Yes, replies Carlota. Now it seems I have to give her her portion. The lawyer says didn't your daughter, Lucrecia, borrow some money and put the whole ranch as collateral? Carlota nods. If the bank gave you that loan, it's because of the confidence they have in your family. If they find out that the ranch is not solely yours, then you and your daughter can go to jail for fraud. Think about this. I wouldn't tell her that her father left her anything. This can effect the future of your family.

Alicia tells Celia that she finally has found a job at the Casa de Los Curiel. She is so happy. What about Ivan asks Celia. Well he will live with me says Alicia. And Carolota liked me so much that she said she would pay all of Ivan's schooling. Celia looks at her in disbelief. (something tells me she ain't buying this story)

Carlota begs her late husband for forgiveness. I never got upset with you for having another child. You were so good to be and were so loving and accepting of my daughter. But I cannot let her go to jail. I can't let my family suffer with that pain. Even though your last wish was to make sure that Alicia was taken care of. I promise you that I will always take care of them and eventually that land will be hers. But not right now.

Carlota greets her granddaughters with love while their mother, Lucrecia, tells them to go and take their uniforms off and get ready for dinner. Carlota tells Lucrecia that Alicia Villagomez came today. Don't tell me she knows of my dad's will asks Lucrecia. No replies Carlota. But she came looking for him. Don't tell me says Lucrecia. She came asking for money. What did you tell her? She's single and has a son that's 13 years old. She turned out loose like her mother says Lucrecia. Did she send her? No her mother died says Carlota. But she told her that if she needed anything to look him up. She asked if we would pay for her son's schooling and I accepted. Why asks Lucrecia. She's your father's daughter and has rights replies Carlota. Furthermore we should give her the land that is rightfully hers. No way! Do you hear me? yells Lucrecia. Before that I will fight it! Just like we should have when we found out my father made her an heir. We can't do that says Carlota. Why not asks Lucrecia. She's the product of an affair. I don't understand how you can... I can and I will yells Carlota. I will help that boy and she will stay here and work. No! I don't agree yells Lucrecia. Okay replies Carlota. You either deal with it or we can go to the lawyers now and say the third heir has appeared. And we will give her what's rightfully hers. I can't believe you will accommodate her, the daughter that your husband had with another woman yells Lucrecia. I'm not accommodating that woman's daughter, but Tiodoro's daughter. If the bank finds out that you guaranteed that loan with lands that are not yours, you and I will go to jail.

The girls are getting ready to go out and the oldest daughter (I assume it would be Maripaz) puts on lipstick. Her younger sister (I assume Lucia) tells her she's going to get into trouble. Whatever. I'm a big girl and can do what I want. Anyway I have a boyfriend and we have already kissed. In comes their dad Gerardo (Alejandro Tomassi) greets the girls and tells Maripaz to wipe the lipstick off.

Flash forward to Carlota, Lucrecia and Gerardo arguing. Carlota says we need to think about what we are going to do. It's all been decided yells Lucrecia. Or do you want to wait until that baby is born and everyone sees the disgrace of this idiot (referring to Maripaz who is in the same room with them all). Gerardo yells that they can get married. Marry that good for nothing? I will be dead before I would allow that yells Lucrecia and she goes to slap Maripaz but is stopped by Gerardo. Lucrecia storms out of the room. Maripaz tells Carlota and Gerardo that she doesn't want the baby to be born either.

Back to Maripaz taking off her lipstick.

Ivan asks Camilo to take him to see his father's house.

Gerardo and Juan Jaime are talking business. Looks like Gerardo may not be the best businessman. Juan Jaime tells him not to plant the potatoes that he was thinking. Lucrecia agrees with Juan Jaime and sort of puts him down. Juan Jaime's youngest son comes up (David) and tells his mother, Esther, that's he's hungry. She asks him to wait. Dinner will be ready in 1 hour. He says he's really hungry, but mean daddy says suck it up. He then tells his wife to quit coddling him or he'll wind up a sissy. Gerardo doesn't like the way Juan Jaime talked to his son by the look on his face. Juan Jaime yells for his oldest son, Saul, to tell the manservant to fetch him another beer.

Camilo shows Ivan his father's house. They open the gate and peek in. Ivan asks about his siblings. He says that one day he will have a bigger house, 3 dogs and 2 or 3 cars.

Gerardo and family return home. He tells Lucrecia that he's tired of her making him look like a fool at every opportunity. She tells him she doesn't mean to, but should take Juan Jaime's advice. Gerardo asks her why can't they get someone to take care of all this while he does what he loves. Because they always steal from you replies Lucrecia. What you did before (didn't catch it) wasn't making enough. Don't you know how we were living before? He starts to defend himself but Carlota comes up and asks how it went. Gerardo leaves and Carlota asks what's wrong? Lucrecia says the same old thing. He wants to return to his old job. Please! But that what he wants says Carlota. That is what he may like, but not me. I don't want people to say I married an idiot that is good for nothing. You mean everyone or Don Jaime asks Carlota.

We come back from commerical and the girls argue.

Alicia and Ivan show up at the Casa de Los Curiel. Ivan asks when will he be able to go to school. Hopefully soon replies Alicia. Dona Carlota says she knows people and can get you in. Ivan says he wants to go to the same school as Camilo. Of course, says Alicia. Dona Carlota won't send you to a special school. Ivan tells her the Camilo took him to see this father's house. How nice replies Alicia. Will I get to meet him asks Ivan. Of course my love says Alicia. When asks Ivan. One of these days says Alicia.

Lucrecia informs her mother that since he contracted Alicia, she will be the one talking to her. Also remember to tell her that I don't want her son running around the garden.

Ivan is looking in awe at the pool. The girls are running outside and Maripaz running backwards trips on his suitcase and falls into the pool. She says you idiot! Look what you did! Ivan says he's sorry. He tries to help her out, but she yells for him not to touch her. Luisa asks if she's hurt, but Maripaz keeps hurling insults at Ivan. Luisa tells her it wasn't his fault and to stop yelling. Maripaz walks away angry. He apologizes again. Luisa picks a flower and gives it to him.

Juan Jaime is talking to his wife, Esther, and insulting Gerardo. He tells her he'll be back later. She asks when will he return. He gives her a dirty look. Sorry she says, I just wanted to know if you would be back for dinner. He informs her that he'll be back when he feels like it. (I really can't stand this man already. This would not fly in my house). He leaves and she says it would be nice if he never returned.

Lucrecia tells Carlota that she knew those "people" would cause problems already. Because that kid threw Maripaz into the pool. Carlota tells her not to be foolish. Maripaz was distracted and fell over the suitcase into the pool. Well he shouldn't have left the suitcase there says Lucrecia and leaves the room. Gerardo comes in and asks what's up. Carlota explains and asks him how can he stand her sometimes? Honestly, I don't know replies Gerardo.

The kitchen maid tells Alicia and Ivan not to worry. It's not the first time Maripaz has fallen in the pool. Carlota comes in and tells them not to worry. She sets her eyes on Ivan and she softens more. So you must be Ivan? Yes, Ivan Villagomez. To serve you he replies. Your mom tells me you are really good in school says Carlota. Yes, ma'am says Ivan. I will talk to the director at the school tomorrow to get you in says Carlota. Alicia reminds her about the recommendation letter. Carlota says give it to me tomorrow. Another thing it's best that you don't go to the garden for awhile so that the little demon doesn't get mad. Demon asks Ivan. That's what I call my daughter laughs Carlota. Gerardo comes in and gets introduced to Alicia and Ivan. Do I sense a spark igniting between them?

Alicia is telling Celia all about her duties and Ivan going to school starting Monday. They depart and Alicia runs into Juan Jaime. He asks if she's Alicia. Yes, she replies. Wow, your not as skinny as you use to be (at this point he would be on the ground out cold. I would have decked him for saying that). So what are you doing here asks Juan Jaime. I came back. I'm working here replies Alicia. As a maid asks Juan Jaime. Yes answers Alicia looking at the ground. So tell me did you get married? No, but I have a son says Alicia. Oh yeah. Who's asks Juan Jaime. Yours says Alicia. Ah, so it was born replies Juan Jaime. He's almost turning 14. He's very handsome and great in school says Alicia. His name is Ivan. So you don't have a boyfriend asks Juan Jaime. No says Alicia. Well I can help that kid replies Juan Jaime. Really asks the gullible, naive, must have been hidden away and doesn't know how the real world can be full of pigs and one is looking at you Alicia. Do you really want to know him? Well you said he's mind right asks Juan Jaime. But before we need to talk. Why don't you meet me Sunday at the ranch around 12. Of course says Alicia.

Maripaz and friend are talking about boys. Ivan comes up and is spying on them. Friend asks who that is. Just the son of the servant. Lucia comes out and greets Maripaz friend. Maripaz tells her to go away. Her friend asks her why she's so mean to her sister. Because she gets on my nerves. Maripaz pours water on the glass table and we get a flash forward to a much older Maripaz standing before Ivan in the shower in her birthday suit asking Ivan if he likes her. She rips off his shirt (and so would I) and he tells her why would she ask that. She knows he does. They kiss and she tells him that she likes him. (So do I especially with no shirt on!)

Ivan goes to his father's house again and peeks in. He sees David sitting by the fountain reading a book then his older brother Saul throwing a ball at him and smacking him the head. Suddenly a voice yells out, "What are you doing here"! Nothing says Ivan. Are you a thief asks Juan Jaime. No, I'm not says Ivan. Well get out of here says Juan Jaime. He walks up to David and asks him what's he's doing? Reading a book on animals he replies. Juan Jaime yanks the book out of his hands and tells him that he should be riding his bike or throwing the ball around. Not reading a book like a sissy. He walks away with a sad David watching him go. Juan Jaime enters the house yelling for Esther. He tells her that she needs to be paying attention to David. All he does is read. Didn't I tell you to put him in karate? Yes, but he doesn't like it says Esther. When I was his age I ran around playing and chasing girls. He's that way because of you. Juan Jaime walks away and Esther spots David in the corner. He asks her why his dad doesn't love him? But he does replies Esther. Well he's always yelling at me and not like he yells at Saul. Mother and son both cry.

Ivan is with Clayto and is helping him clean the car. Lucia comes up and starts talking to him. Maripaz comes up and ruins the fun.

Alicia tells Celia about Ivan starting school and Carlota treats Ivan really well. Celia wants Alicia and Ivan to come for dinner after church. Alicia tells her she can't and why. Celia doesn't like the sound of this. Alicia assures her she will be find. Anyway she needs to think about her son. Celia says she's to innocent and cautions her. Family comes in from soccer and interrupts.

Alicia talks to Ivan about meeting with Juan Jaime. If they get along great then perhaps he can pay for his schooling and college. Seems like Ivan doesn't want to meet him. They finally reach the ranch and Alicia tells Ivan to greet his father. Juan interrupts and says "Sr. Juan Jaime". He tells Alicia to take care of Ivan so that he doesn't grow up to be a delinquent. He says the other day he wanted to enter his house to steal from him. Ivan says that's not true. I just was looking. What are you looking inside for asks Juan Jaime. Don't worry, I won't do it again and walks off. Alicia tires to call him back. Juan Jaime tells Alicia to forget about him and takes her inside a little house. Forcefully I might add. He tells her that he will buy her a little house for them to live in so that he can visit them when he wants. She says you said that before but when you found out I was pregnant you fired me. Well that's because I had problems. But not anymore. He starts touching her. So you will help my son asks Alicia. Of course says Juan Jaime. You look more womanly and I'm tired of picking up woman here and there. I want something more permanent. So what do you think? I will rent the house for you tomorrow. He starts to forcefully kiss her and Ivan runs in and tries to pull him off. Juan Jaime shoves him and Ivan hits a cabinet and it falls on top of him.

We see Sandra Echeverria and the amazing and talented Marc Anthony singing the theme song.

Tomorrow: Ivan says he wants nothing from his father; grown up Ivan yells he's going to kill him.

Labels:


Comments:
I know this is pretty long, but didn't want to leave anything out with this being the first episode and all. I could not get my captions to work so I don't know if I got some of the character spelling correct. So if it's wrong let me know to correct. Promise others will be shorter. Vivi, I followed your directions for posting. Hopefully it worked. If not can you or someone do it for me? Thanks.
 

Not long at all Gloria. I couldn't watch this first episode last night and this was perfect to get all the early background and details.
Rather anxious to watch tonight and see if it grabs me enough to stay with it. Rumor has it this one will be pretty decent.
 

Gloria- This was perfect! You started us off really well. I thank you greatly for all the detail because this first episode had NO filler and had revelation after revelation.

So Ivan is the bastard son of a rich man, and the sole child of the sole (bastard) child of a rich man. Meaning that if he really was getting what's due to him by inheritance, he would be rich.

I think the job/career Gerry had before marry Lucrecia was engineer, the same career Ivan wants. And we've already seen the sparks between Gerry and Alicia, and Ivan's fascination with Maricruz. Add to the fact that Alicia is the real true heir to their family fortune, since Lucrecia isn't even Teodoro's blood child, and we've got some major drama coming in that house.

I liked the flash forwards. It was a differnt technique than I've seen in tns before.

I already HATE Juan Jaime and want someone to kill him. LOL!
 

Gloria great start to this new novela thank you.

Well i'm trusting Jarocha who said the beginning of this novela is real good.

It was confusing at first the flashbacks then i remembered this is probably what Ivan is remembering as he lays unconscious in the desert.

So we know Lucrecia is has stolen Alicia's inheritance and committed fraud. Her mother is making her accept Alicia and her son working there by threatening to turn them both in to the authorities. Lucrecia isn't really Alicia's father daughter she came with her mother into that marriage.

Ivan's father Juan Jaime is a womanizer and a nasty big jerk. Even his own wife can't stand him.

I didn't know Sandra Echevvaria could sing as she sings the duet to the theme song to LFDD.

All i can say it's got to be better than TDA hope it's get the taste of that major bomb out of my thought for good.
 

Thank you Gloria for getting us off to a good start!

I am back again. I saw TDA but didn't comment because it was such a MAJOR DISAPPOINTMENT.

I am hoping with Blusamarai and others that this tn will be better. But I found the flashbacks and flash forwards a little confusing. I guess that's to be expected at the beginning.

I remember the actor playing the villain, Juan Jaime. He was in Passion and a villain in that one too. He plays a meanie well.

Looking forward to a tn with a coherent story line!

Sondie
 

Gloria--Thank you so much for the longer recap!! I know I took a lot more time watching it than I did TdA (Triunfo de FF.) Even after some rewinds I missed some things, but you had it covered. Thank you!!! I'm looking forward to your recaps on this one!

My heart just ached for poor Gerardo when Carlota asked how he put up with Lucrecia. That woman has got to be trouble if her own mother calls her a demon.

I really loved your comment about decking Juan Jerky after the "you're not as skinny as you used to be." What a jerk. Seriously, it's just episode one and we can tell he as pure evil. He and Lucrecia both are a piece of work.

I'm not willing to confer "villain" onto Carlota. Her heart is in the right place.

The developing story with Ivan and Lucia is great. The little girl playng young Lucy is great. The scene when she gives him the flower was so sweet.

Vivi- you are right. There was absolutely no filler in this episode.
 

J3 = Juan Jaime, Jerk. :)

Thanks for getting everything into this recap, Gloria...my lousy Spanish missed nearly everything apart from Carlota freaking out over Alicia showing up and Juan Jaime being, well, a jerk.
 

J3 (thanks Bill) meant the not skinny anymore comment as a compliment. Which he later commented on again, saying that Alicia is more womanly now. Well, yeah jerk. Because she not technically a CHILD anymore, like she was when you got her pregnant nearly 15 years ago. Blech!
 

Thanks, Gloria. This show looks promising. Did you notice that Jade from El Clon will be in it . She is singing the theme song with Mark Anthony. Also, the actress who played Gabriela in FELS and Berthsa in Heridas. Also, Felipe from Alborada.
 

Thanks for the insight Vivi. I kind of get it now, but still. J3 is well a jerk.
 

Gloria: I agree with what everyone has said - this was an excellent, detailed first installment. I've always enjoyed your recaps and this was (as always) exceptional, especially for those of us with little Spanish comprehension. Your commentary was wonderful and on the mark: "Celia gives her the "What the hell are you thinking" look."

Looks like a great cast and story. There was all story (as Vivi already mentioned) and Leticia Calderone is one of my favorites.

I agree that Juan Jaime is someone we will all be loathing together. Blech.

Diana
 

Good work, Gloria. I hope I can do as well with tonight's episode.

Juan Jaime is serious bad news. This story will be quite a wild ride.
 

Tks Gloria, great start. It looks pretty good so far.

I have such a problem getting the characters straight.
This will help with the main characters

http://televisa.esmas.com/entretenimiento/telenovelas/la-fuerza-del-destino/elenco/

On Wiki there is a character Cleto.

I think it might be Antolín instead of Antonio. He will be Marcelo Córdoba, he's not a good guy this time.
 

Juan Jaime is Juan Ferrara, Jorge Mancera in Pasión.
 

Great recap, Gloria.

I may be mistaken, but isn't Ivan sort of the half-cousin of both Maripaz and Lucy? His mother Alicia is half-sister to Lucrecia, since both had Tiodoro as their father. Not that it really matters, of course.
 

Hombre- Lucrecia wasn't Teodoro's bllod child. Carlota came into the marriage with Lucrecia and Teodoro accepted Lucrecia as his. Alicia is his only blood child and Ivan is his only blood grandchild. Ivan and the girls are not related, thank goodness.
 

I sometimes wish Univison/Televisa would include family trees as part of the publicity.
But I guess that might be just as confusing and probably include spoilers. LOL
 

Vivi, thanks for clearing that up. I agree, Sara, family trees would be nice!
 

I don't think Gabriela from FELS will be in this series. I don't see her name in the cast. The show looks interesting so far and you guys said it is only 109 episodes. I may give it a go.


Ibarramedia
 

Only 101 Ibarramedia. Really short. Yay!

Over on the Alborada line, someone cleared up that the actress playing Lucrecia is not the same one that was in FELS and Heridas- they just look a lot alike. I didn't watch FELS or Heridas, but I can picture the actress, and yes, there is a resemblance. But you are correct that they are not the same person.
 

Excellent recap! This will be my first novela from day one. I pray it will be waaay better than TDA.
 

Thank you Gloria. You helped me to understand everyone's connection to each other.

The actress playing Lucretia was the parent/guardian to the two V's (Veronica and Virginia) in La Mentira.

Feel sorry for Juan Jaime's wife. I bet she wishes he would drop dead somewhere so she can be free. What a horrible person. He obviously hunts women for sex all the time.

Beautiful mansions, beautiful gardens. It was hard to concentrate on the dialogue because I kept getting distracted with the background.

Margaret
 

Anita-*anything* has got to be better than TdA LOL!

Margaret-I enjoyed the scenery too. That was something I really enjoyed about STuD and missed in TdA.
 

Thanks for the great jump start on all the characters and plot lines. Excellent job covering the details and it was a chock-full episode. I'm looking forward to this one especially with David Zepeda playing a galan instead of a baddie. Well here we go on a new romance!
Barbara in San Anselmo, CA
 

Thank you for the recap Gloria.

I liked the opening scene with Ivan on the desert. That's something that surely catches your attention.

I think the flashbacks and flash forwards are a way to keep viewers interested because when we start a story and the protagonists are kids many people get antsy about seeing the protagonists.

Juan Jaime is definitely a piece of work. His treatment of women is disgusting and I felt so sad for poor little David. Ivan had luck by not having to grow up with his negative influence.

I really like the kids in this, they do look like their older counterparts and they are good and charming in their roles.

Jarocha
 

Gloria: You did a spectacular job recapping this introductory episodio, especially clarifying the characters and their relationships!
==============
Margaret: I wondered if the actress playing Lucretia wasn't the one from La Mentira. Thanks for clearing that up for me.
===============
ViviDC: Yep, I enjoyed the flash-forwards also. It's not something I ever remember seeing from the Uni/Televisa crowd. Kudos to them. Also kudos for using age appropriate actors! Maybe our howling over CS2009 and TdA made it back to the right people this time.
================
Susanlynn/Blusamurai: Marc Antony isn't much to look at but he does sing well. The real surprise is Sandra Echevarria! She danced extremely well in El Clon, but her voice is one of the most beautiful I've heard in a long time.
 

P.S. It's nice to see so many of you back again!
 

Jarocha-ITA about the casting of the younger versions of the adult protagonists. The scene where Lucia gave Ivan the flower really helped seal the idea that the adult Lucia has been carrying a torch for him for a while.

It's only the first episode, and I said the same about TdA, but this one *really* has potential. ;-)
 

I don't think my link worked, too long, try this
cast/elenco

http://televisa.esmas.com/entretenimiento/telenovelas/la-fuerza-del-destino/elenco/
 

Thanks Variopinta- If you look in the lower left corner of each character page, it shows a poster/picture of the older actor and the younger actor(s) who plays them in the beginning episodes. They did extremely well choosing young actors who look like their older counterparts.

Was I mistaken or did the paining of Don Teodoro (a name I love) look like David Zepeda with gray hair and beard? I am sure that Carlota was gazing at Ivan so much because he resembles her dead husband/Ivan's grandpa.
 

Come on you guys, don't you think TDA did a better job with the young people roles? Don't you miss Victoria with her pig tails as a teenager?
 

Vivi DC, I hadn't even noticed that, cool.
 

Vivi-Drat. I've already erased the episode. If they ever show it again, I'll look more closely.
 

Show the picture that is.
 

Sara, Vario- Here is a pic of Teodoro's painting and David Z., side by side: http://www.flickr.com/photos/65450998@N06/
 

OH thank you!!! They *do* look alike!
 

Great casting for Teen Ivan/Adult Ivan.

Teen Ivan even has dimples like David Zepeda!
 

Teen Ivan is doing a really good job. Thanks to his performance, I think I will find David Zepeda to be a believable good guy.

Was the actor who plays Gerardo on Alborada??
 

Yes he was. He was also in Sortilegio briefly.



Ibarramedia
 

Good eyes Vivi, about the portrait of old Don Teodoro and grown up Ivan.

What is Don Teodoro's story. Was he married to Carlota at the time Alicia was conceived, or not. If not, why didn't he marry Alicia's mother. Why did Alicia's mother leave town with her. Wonder if we will ever find out what happened.

Alicia's friend Leticia doesn't know about her being the illegitimate daughter of a wealthy man it seems.

Margaret
 

Tks Vivi for the pics, I noticed the painting last night, but too late to see the face.
 

Gracias, Gloria, for getting the ball rolling!
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder