Monday, September 26, 2011

Doña Bárbara rebroadcast

It appears that Telemundo will rebroadcast the novela based on the classic Venezuelan novel, Doña Bárbara, beginning today in two hour episodes starting at noon eastern time. It is listed on the TV schedules for that time. Sometimes Telemundo mysteriously doesn't show what is on the schedule but I thought I would give folks who might be interested a heads up.


In my humble opinion, this is one of the best written novelas I have ever seen. Set in the Venezuelan llanos (but filmed in neighboring Colombia), it is filled with excellent performances by Edith González, Christián Meier, Génesis Rodríguez and many, many others. Virtually none of the novela conventions we discussed earlier are found here. You think they are going that way and then it surprises you with something completely different. And, we recapped it here. You can find the link in the sidebar.


Here is a link to one of the last posts I did on DB with pictures of most of the male characters - Eye Candy of the Arauca.


Labels: , ,


Comments:
Jean, thanks for heads up about Dona Barbara. I have been waiting a long time for this rerun. I just checked the week's schedule and looks as if it will be 2 hrs each day for this week. Thanks again.

Rosemary
 

OMG, just when I thought I wouldn't replace a novela that's ending soon...

I love this series and Telemundo scored its best casting coup ever with Edith Gonzales. Looks like my DVR will have a new assignment.
 

For some reason I went to the DB site on TW and it mentioned the rebroadcast. Just to whet your appetites, I updated the post with a link to post from the original broadcast - Eye candy of the Arauca.
 

Hi Jean,

Telemundo has already started showing Doña Barbara. I've been DVR-ing the one-hour daily program since Sept 5. It looks like from now on, it will, as you say, be in a two-hour slot; but we are already three weeks into the story.

I've been dipping back and forth into your blogging on the original airing of the show but hadn't checked out the special eye-candy page. Very nice. Thanks!

I was so intrigued by the story that I bought the Kindle edition of the (written) novela in Spanish. It turns out to be a really cool way to read a Spanish language book. I read it on my PC and I keep wordreference.com open so I can look up new words and make notes right in the Kindle text. (Or is there some way to buy a great Spanish-English dictionary and articulate it with the text? Jean, you, of all people, would be the one to know!)
 

Oh that's too bad that we can't watch it again from the beginning. Oh well, better late than never.

I don't know much about Kindles and dictionaries, NovelaMaven. I have an iPad and on it, I could do what you are doing on your computer. It just hints at what could be possible on these kinds of devices for learning foreign languages!
 

I'm upset that the episodes are no longer on their website. I was hoping to see the episode where she dealt with Agua de Perro.
 

Thank you for telling us about this! I've wanted to see this TN since I've heard many good things about it.

Mun2 still has most of the previous episodes on their site, subtitled. Unfortunately, not able to increase the video size. I'm sure there are other sites with it out there, but it's an easy way to catch up.
 

I agree with Jean. This is one of the best telenovelas I've ever seen. It has fantastic acting and actors, great characterization, interesting plot. It is very gripping from beginning to end and visually beautiful.
 

I always like Dona Barbara not only because of the actors but mainly because of the plot, please help me put it first in the Novelitis ranking Thanks!
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder