Wednesday, September 28, 2011

La Fuerza del Destino #38 Tue 09/27/11

Antolin, Carolina and Alex have stopped to have a bite to eat before continuing on there trip. Antolin leaves to get directions and Alex to speak to his father. Carolina lies and says she has no cell service. He excuses himself to go to the bathroom. Antolin comes back and asks Carolina for the truth. Is Gerry messing with her or does all this have to do with Ivan? She promises to tell him when they arrive.

Back at the local bar, Camilo and Ivan are looking for the guy they call "El Gordo". The bartender says he was their last night, but hasn't shown up their today. He was talking last night with Saul. He hadn't seen Antolin in a while. Do they want to leave "El Gordo" a message if he sees him? They decline and leave.

Antolin, Carolina and Alex have arrived at their destination.

Camilo and Ivan go visit Celia and ask for Antolin's cell number. Camilo makes up a lie saying they want to see if he wants to still me an associate in the ranch. Camilo calls but no answer.

When they arrive in the town, Antolin asks Carolina for the phone number to call her cousin to tell them they have arrived. She tells him she forgot the book where she had it listed. She then confesses she never called her cousin to tell her that she was coming. But she remembers that she had a business called "La Joja". Antolin drives around and finds the store. Carolina tells Alex to stay in the car while she and Antolin go in. Estella recognizes Carolina right away and embraces her. Antolin introduces himself as her boyfriend. Carolina asks him to go stay in the car with Alex while she has a conversation alone with Estella. Carolina tells Estella that she has something really important to talk with her about. Estella asks if she's pregnant. No, replies Carolina. But it's really bad.

Lucia tells Carlota that it was wrong of her mother to invite Maripaz to the party at the McGuire's. Carlota asks her if she's jealous. Lucia denies it. Lucia phone rings and its Ivan. He asks her if she has had a chance to talk to her dad about leaving for vacation next week. Lucia tells him she hasn't had a chance but did tell Carolina. They agree for him to come over later. Camilo thinks that Ivan is overreacting and that Carolina and Alex probably have already returned to the house. Ivan drops it and they go about there day.

Estella says she knew that he (Gerry) was hiding something. How can you marry someone after knowing them for only 3 weeks? Carolina says unfortunately my sister died to early. I raised him and love him dearly. I love him more then anything. He is like my son. I understand replies Estella. But you just told me that he is a kidnapped child. Yes, and Gerry wants to return him. And I don't replies Carolina. I don't know lies Carolina. That's why I'm begging you, if Gerry calls tell him I'm not here. I have money and can rent a room. Estella says there is plenty of room and no sense in renting. I'm alone, but sooner or later Gerry will find you. I will talk to Gerry eventually and tell him to forget about me and Alex replies Carolina. Estella says he won't listen. I'll find a way says Carolina. Estella asks if her boyfriend knows about all this? No and neither does Alex replies Carolina. Alex adores Gerry.

Antolin and Alex are talking. Alex tells him about the vacation he's going to take with Ivan, Lucia and "Abuela". He explains that it's Carlota, but he can call that. Carolina and Estella come out and he gets introduced to her. Carolina tells Alex that they are going to stay for a couple days. Alex says they were supposed to go to Ivan's house. Carolina explains that they are going to wait until Ivan makes it out to the house first then they will join him. She doesn't want to go to a house that she has never been to before. He wants to go play at the beach, but she tells him it's late and it's probably cold. Antolin says it will probably be okay and he will take him. He says he'll take their luggage inside and check in at the local hotel and come back for Alex.

At the local plant, they are showing how prepare the produce. They sign a contract with Herdez. They have good salsa.

Antolin is showing Alex how to swim. It's cute.

Ivan comes over and Lucia asks how he's doing. He tells her a little worried about tomorrow with JJ and his cronies coming to the party. Lucia asks him why he calls him Mondragon instead of "padre". Ivan says he never was to him. His father is Anthony. One day he will tell her about his first encounters with him. But right now I don't want to talk about it. I want to tell you right now how much I love you. If I hadn't found you again, I would be seeking to get back at all those who did me wrong. But you appeared and with your magic wand and filled me with happiness. Lucia tells him that no matter what happens she will never stop loving him. They kiss.

Gerry gets home late and Carolina's paid companion runs up and tells him that Carolina and Alex have not returned. She saw that a suitcase was missing from her room and Alex's. Did someone come for them asks Gerry? I don't know replies the girl. She sent me on an errand. When I came back she was gone. Gerry asks if perhaps Ivan or Lucia came for them, but the girl says she doesn't know. Ivan came asking for them. She's scared. Gerry tells her not to worry and go to bed. Gerry says she ran and took Alex with her. The phone suddenly rings and it's Carolina. Gerry asks her what did she do? Where is she? Carolina tells him that she could not let Ivan take Alex from her. She has raised him. He is her son. Gerry tells her Ivan would never do that. You think about Alex. Carolina tells him that he is a foul. Of course Ivan will take Alex from them. I have taken care of him for 10 years. Given him my life and my love. I will not let someone take him away from me. Gerry tells her not to be an idiot. That will not happen. Ivan is his father says Gerry. Carolina says Alex is the most important thing in her life. When Gerry asks Carolina where she's at, she hangs up.

Ivan asks Lucia if she's told Gerry yet about the vacation. Lucia says not yet, but I can call him up. Ivan offers up his phone and dials it for her. Lucia asks her father if Carolina told him about them leaving on vacation Monday. Of course replies Gerry. Great replies Lucia.

Antolin and Carolina are taking a walk. Antolin tells her that he and Alex have been talking about Ivan and the trip. He wants to know what's going on. Carolina finally spills the beans. Alex is Ivan's son. And it's not fair that he wants to take him from me.

Gerry is looking up Estella's number in Carolina's phone. He asks if Carolina's there. No replies Estella.

Carolina's is leaving nothing out in her story. She tells Antolin that they have taken care of Alex for 10 years. Antolin asks if Maripaz knows? I don't think so replies Carolina. If she does, she doesn't care. She wanted to abort the baby. So Ivan is interested in the kid asks Antolin? But he hasn't raised him replies Carolina. He wasn't at his bedside when he was sick, or given him education, played with him or suffered along side of him. And just because he knocked someone up doesn't give him the right to be a father. And what does Gerry say asks Antolin. You know Gerry replies Carolina. He is very weak. Ivan already suspects that Alex is his and sooner or later Gerry will tell him. And on top of that, Lucia already knows the truth. She's in love with Ivan and I'm sure she'll tell him. And I will be alone. Without the one and only thing I love. Antolin asks her why she thinks that she will not be able to have love from someone else? She is a beautiful and wonderful woman. She can get married and have her own children. Carolina asks who would want to marry her? Antolin says when a man loves a woman they do it for love, no matter what. I would marry you, but I dare not propose it. Like my mother says, I will one day end up dead with a blow to the head or lying in a ditch. Carolina tells him not to say that. Antolin says I say this because it's true. You need a man that is decent and will make you happy. Carolina says she adores Alex and couldn't stand for someone to take him from her. Antolin promises to help her, but she's playing a dangerous game.

Estella tells Carolina that Gerry called. But she told him that she wasn't there. Estella asks Carolina to tell her who Ivan is. Carolina tells her that Ivan is Alex's dad. Is he rich asks Estella. Yes, very much replies Carolina. Estella tells her sooner or later he will take Alex from you. Carolina tells her no one will take Alex from her.

Carmen goes back to her old job.

Benito is showing Anthony his new suit that he got for the party. Anthony likes it, but tells him he can't go because he has to stay with Bruno. Carmen knocks on the door. She thanks Anthony for giving her old job back. He tells her to make sure that she treats everyone well and Bruno too. Carmen promises. Anthony tells Benito do you know why I don't want Bruno to stay here alone when Carmen leaves the room. Benito laughs and says he gets it.

Lucia is looking through her clothes trying to figure out what to wear to the party.

Maripaz shows up on time to go to the party with the others. Lucrecia tells her not to drink to much.

JJ asks Saul if his friend has talked to the police yet. Saul tells him not yet. JJ says to tell him that he saw the same truck at the party too.

They show footage of broccoli, lettuce and other produce. People walking through the plant and then being invited to the party.

The party has started with a mariachi band playing and the Curiel's arriving. Ivan warmly greets Lucia. Followed by Camilo. Of course Maripaz comes up and kisses Ivan on the cheek and starts scolding him for not inviting her. Lucia is annoyed. Ivan brushes her off and pulls Lucia away to introduce her to someone. Maripaz is clearly annoyed and tells Camilo that he may have money, but he is still low class. Camilo smiles and tells her that he's low class and has no money. Maripaz says oh well, your cute. What do they have to drink? Everything replies Camilo. Then get me a tequila says Maripaz.

"El Gordo" is calling the cops and reporting the truck he saw burning the Guilberto Mendena ranch at the party. The cop asks for the plate number and the description of the truck. The cop finds out it's registered to "McGuire & Son". He wants to act fast but with discretion. He understands that Attorney Torres is there.

JJ arrives and says "I told you I would be here". Ivan says even your cronies came even though they wouldn't come near us. Anthony greets the Madragon ladies. Saul spots Lucia and Ivan together. Maripaz comments that Saul must be seething seeing them together to Camilo. Saul stares at Lucia and Ivan. Lucia notices Saul starting at them and looks uncomfortable. Maripaz asks Camilo if he's brothers with Antolin? When Camilo confirms it, she tells him she can't decide who's more handsome. She then spots David and can't believe the wimp hasn't come over to say "hi" yet. Camilo tells her perhaps he doesn't want to. Maripaz asks Camilo if he has a girlfriend. No replies Camilo. Maripaz says one day she'll invite him over for a little "party" at her house. Camilo can't quite make her out.

Ivan comes to greet Attorney Torres and introduces them to the Curiel's. Saul comes over and says "hi" to Torres, but gets a "hi" back and then gets ignored.

Anthony is making a speech, Lucia & Ivan are cuddling and Maripaz is trying to stay awake. Suddenly the cop is at the door.

Antolin runs up from the beach and tells Carolina how wonderful she looks. He tries to convince her to go into the water with Alex yelling for her to come in too. She takes off her cover and he starts checking her out.

The cop decides to wait. He doesn't want to cause a scandal in front of Attorney Torres.

Carolina is putting sunblock on Alex and then Antolin. Of course Antolin is only to happy to return the favor. Antolin and Alex are playing soccor on the beach and building a sand castle. Then Antolin takes Alex and Carolina for a walk down the beach and of course has to hold Carolina's hand, but I sense a spark.

Lucrecia tells JJ that everything turned out pretty well. She thinks business with the McGuire's will be good. JJ thinks things will turn out bad. Why is that questions Lucrecia? Because these gringos will keep all the profits replies JJ.

Ester asks David why he won't greet his dad. David says he prefers not to, to avoid a scene.

Judith goes over to talk to Camilo.

Gerry visits Alicia grave. He wonders where Carolina took there grandchild. The cemetery keeper shows up and Gerry leaves.

Maripaz sees an opportunity to talk to Ivan when Lucia leaves with some gentlemen. She asks him if he's not happy that she came. Ivan tells her he didn't expect her. Maripaz asks if they can't be friends. Ivan tells her it's not the right time to speak of that. I have many people to speak with and leaves. Maripaz gets annoyed then shocked when she sees the cops coming in. JJ and Saul look at the cops coming in. Ivan spots them and gets Camilo to come with him. Attorney Torres gets up to and asks what's up. The cop says sorry but we now know who set fire to the Mendena ranch. Turns out it's Camilo's truck. Ivan and Anthony both defend Camilo. Ivan is about to fight when the cop says they have to take Camilo in. Anthony holds him back and Ivan tells Camilo they will get the best attorney in the state.

Tomorrow: Don't know. My recording stopped.

Labels:


Comments:
Can someone tag this for me? I can't seem to sign in on the delicious page to do it. Thanks rubycantu for the mini recap last week. Thanks to everyone for your concern. I have been having a lot of migraines and am going to a neurologist. I am trying new meds to try to get them less frequently. So I may sometimes not be able to do them on Tuesdays if I am not feeling well. The side affects right now leave me exhausted. Plus with a husband, 3 kids and 3 dogs you can understand how crazy my house is. Anyway thanks again.
 

Gloria,
Great recap! I hope you can get the migraines under control. I'll be on standby for you on Tuesdays, should you need a sub. I promise. I still feel bad about not being able to sub that one time :-( I have no idea how to post to del.ic.ious

"They sign a contract with Herdez. They make good salsa" Cracked me up. I've started making a game of looking for Herdez products in Celia's house.

Alex's swimming lesson was cute.

Now, about Antolin and Carolina. To me, this is the plot line that leaves me the most conflicted. They are both criminals, yet I feel so much sympathy for them!!

At the beginning I really didn't feel much pity for Merry Piece, but last night she just seemed pathetic.
 

Thank you, Gloria. Good luck with the headaches. I had a period of time when I got them a lot and they can completely side-track you.

I feel sympathy for Antolin and Carolina, too. I thought the scenes between them last night were great. They have more chemistry than Ivan and Lucia, IMHO. Interesting turn of events.

Alex is a cutie. The scenes of him having fun on the beach were endearing.

So now Camilo goes to jail. Hmmm.

I'm beginning to get a kick out of the way that JJ and Saul are being portrayed, almost as caricatures. Both actors are doing very well with these unattractive and over-the-top roles.
 

ITA Traveling Lady...so much chemistry between Anto and Caro!!! Ivan and Lucia are coming off more like Jr. High sweethearts... as Jardinera so perfectly and humorously described!
 

Gloria, I hope you can get the headaches under control soon. I'm glad you were feeling better last night to get us this fab recap. Thank you. By the way, Delicious has not been working for anyone since yesterday.

Count me in as also really liking the chemistry between Caro and Anto. They are both deeply flawed people, but they kind of make sense together. There was some building sexual tension during those beach scenes. And he made his feelings for her pretty clear I think. He loves her, but thinks his dangerous lifestyle will lead to a bad end. Why doesn't he change his lifestyle for her?

The previews make it look like Gordo is in BIG trouble for framing Camilo. Anto's got a knife to him!

With the addition of Cousin Estela, we now have four cast members from Alborada. She played Hipolita's maid Ada.
 

I sure enjoyed seeing Antolin running around the beach in his blue swim trunks! Great scenes with both Alex and Carolina. Sure, lots of charisma between Caro and Ant, but most of is coming from Ant IMO, Caro is too caught up in her personal angst.

Thanks for the great recap, Gloria, and terrible about your migraines - ugh! Hope your new doctor can really help.

Audrey
 

OT: Vivi, I just sent you an email about Delicious. I just wanted you know that it was from me and spam.

Rosemary
 

Thanks guys. Trying to get those migraines under control. Let's hope. Anyway I loved the scenes with Antolin and Carolina. Perhaps he will help her see reason and they will return home without any drama/fighting so that Alex will not be tramatized. Sara I agree with you. Maripaz was pathetic last night. And a little desparate I think. No friends and family always on her back. Saul and JJ are getting on my nerves. I thought Anthony should have made Carmen watch the dog and let Benito go to the party instead.
 

I don't trust Carmen alone with Bruno, she is liable to let him run off.

Antolín, I hope straightens out, he is basically a good guy. I don't know how he's going to get out of the arson thing though. It will be good to see Gordo & Saul get a good thrashing for setting up Camilo.

How does Carolina think she is going to support Alex, send him to school, she sure isn't thinking at all.

Variopinta
 

Gloria I'm glad you are feeling better and hope you find the right solution.

Though Caro and Antolin are great together, my dislike of her clouds their interactions. Everything is about her and who ever else gets hurt, who cares. Ick!
 

Carolina is delusional. She has just given Ivan a better reason to fight for custody.

Maripaz needs to be hit with a clue by four. Ivan will never be interested in her again.

I think El Gordo's number is up tonight. I always appreciate when something exciting happens on Wednesdays.
 

Thank you Vivi! For the life of me I couldn't remember where I had seen Estela!
 

You're welcome Gloria, hope you get to feeling better soon.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder